The Mystery of Thistlewood § Open, Accepting!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

The Mystery of Thistlewood § Open, Accepting!

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:34 pm

There's a small town that goes by the name of Thistlewood; it's not very well known. However, by those who do know of it - and those who live there - the town is notorious for incidents of people going missing. Rumor has it, it's specifically people who venture into the town's woods who end up disappearing without a trace. The few who do return have amnesia, and no matter how hard they try, they cannot recall anything beyond walking into the strange forest. That, and they also seem to have forgotten something - or someone - that was incredibly special to them. People have their theories, ranging from kidnappers and runaways, to more outlandish ideas, such as that there is a witch living in the forest. The real reason is that there's a portal to mythical creatures located in the forest. However, once an individual enters, they become a mythical creature, themselves, and are sealed there forever. Unless, that is, they agree to have their memory wiped, and also agree to lose someone or something dear to them as punishment. Why was this rule in place? Long ago, before this was viewed as just another silly fable by the town's residences, plenty of people in town wanted to expose the portal. Fearing for everyone's safety after several dangerous encounters with humans, the fairies of the region created this seal, and it is one that is incredibly difficult to lift.
Several people have moved in to town, blissfully unaware of the rumors, and some of them decide to do a bit of exploring, while others do not. They stumble upon this portal, and get transformed into a mythical creature; however, for some reason, these few individuals were not sealed in the mythical realm, and can teleport between the two realms freely. After learning of the consequences of requesting to become human, again, they return to town to find missing person posters/ads of himself/herself. What will they do? Will they remain in the mythical realm forever? Will they choose to wipe their memory? Or, will they find a loophole of sorts? Only time will tell...
Last edited by Corgi Fox <3 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pet's name: Gianna
Pet's name: Fox
Pet's name: Ein

I'm Corgi Fox<3, but call me whatever you want to! ^-^ Feel free to send me a trade or PM, if you'd like! ^-^
K-Pop § K-Dramas § Webtoons § Anime § Manga § Nintendo § Chocoholic § Dog Lover
2 Timothy 1:7 †
These Cuppy Puppies are so cute! <3
Pet's name: God's Promise <3
Credit to Cuppy Puppy Adopts ^-^
Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Mystery of Thistlewood § Rules

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:35 pm

§ Rules §

§ All of Tess' rules apply - these were created for a reason, so please go review them, if you have yet to do so!
§ Please write at least 5 sentences per character in your posts; writer's block is understandable, on occasion, however.
§ No god-modding, mini modding, powerplaying, etc. Nobody likes it when someone's controlling other people's characters, nor when a character always has foresight! That said...
§ No perfect characters.
§ Character ages are between 18-25.
§ Romance and drama are obviously allowed, but please don't go overboard! I'd also prefer if..."things" didn't happen; but, if you must, please at least use fades to black/time skip. It is also preferred that you don't curse.
§ Speaking of romance...clearly, this is, in part, a romance roleplay; however, feel free to interact with characters outside of your couple! Make friends/enemies/etc., if you so please! :]
§ Be respectful to one another, no fighting, and please don't ignore anyone.
§ Character reservations will last 24 hours.
§ You may have up to 3 characters (this is subject to change, based on how many slots of each gender get filled). Do not take 3 girls or 3 boys, however, unless that is all that's left.
§ Please post all forms and ooc on the Discussion Thread.
§ Please make your forms descriptive; I understand not being able to post an image, so please make sure you provide a detailed description of what the character looks like, if you don't plan on using an image!
§ Have fun!
§ If you have ideas for characters, I am open to adding more. Just PM me with your suggestions, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)
Last edited by Corgi Fox <3 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I'm Corgi Fox<3, but call me whatever you want to! ^-^ Feel free to send me a trade or PM, if you'd like! ^-^
Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Mystery of Thistlewood § Stories

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:29 am

§ Stories §

§ All's Fairy in Love & War §
These two were pretty much inseparable from day one - they met as children, and did everything together. Everyone was in agreement that they would likely get married, some day. He was far from opposed to that, as he already knew he was in love with her. She, however, always coyly laughed the comment off; she wasn't sure how she felt about him, quite yet. Unfortunately, however, by the time she had made up her mind, his family had moved away. Now, they've both moved in to town, without knowing the other is there. Will they finally be able to express how they feel, or will her neighbor who has an eye on the girl - get in the way? Furthermore, when she gets turned into a fairy, who will remain loyal to her, and help her out? Will they be able to break the seal without forcing her to forget whomever it is that she truly loves?
The Fairy:
Oriana Emmaline Clarkson § 22 § ♀ § Happy<3
The Childhood Friend:
Name § Age § ♂ § Username
The Neighbor:

§ Fairy-ly Familiar §
This girl has been a fairy for a few good years, now; she had, unlike the others, heard of this legend, when she had moved in. Being one who actually believes mythical creatures exist, she naturally wanted to check it out, perhaps a year or two after moving in. She hasn't been able to return home, due to two reasons, the first being that those who are transformed into mythical creatures - rather than born one - are viewed as social outcast, and it takes years to prove one's loyalty. The second reason is the fear of losing memories of a specific boy - The Neighbor - whom she secretly fell in love with. When she stumbles upon The Fairy - one of her childhood friends - and discovers they are in similar predicaments, she tries to aid them in finding a way out - for both of them. She's also trying to play matchmaker between the Childhood Friend and The Fairy...will her plans succeed? Will she get The Neighbor's attention? Or will she develop feelings for The Childhood Friend?
The Fairy-ly Familiar:
Name § Age § ♀ § Username

§ Heart of a Phoenix §
She's a sweet, meek, and loving girl that plans out her next move, and errs on the side of caution. He, on the other hand, is hot-tempered, impulsive, and spontaneous. He treats her poorly, for some reason unknown to her, despite not knowing him well. Still, she is kind to him, and wants to break down his walls. When he gets turned into a phoenix, and she accidentally discovers this, he has no choice but to let her help him. They soon learn that he can assume a human form in the mortal realm, but that will not last forever - they only have two weeks to figure out how to transform him back to normal, or he will permanently become a phoenix. As time marches on, they start to bond - but that will just complicate things, come time to decide if he wants to become a human, again. What will they do?
The Heart:
Leah Stone § 18 § ♀ § LunaClaw
The Phoenix:

§ What a Dragon... §
These two are next-door neighbors. He's a pessimist, and can never seem to look on the bright side; she's sunny and bubbly as can be, to the point where she's almost too optimistic. She gets on his nerves, and feels like her energy is draining. He actively tries to avoid her; in an attempt to escape one of her overly excited greetings, he veers off the path, into thw woods; already catching her eye, already, the boy's attempt fails, and she follows after him - only to see a bright flash of light, and then a dragon in his place. He now has no choice but to have her help him...but will he warm up to her over time? Like the Phoenix, he can assume a human form, but he's only got two weeks to figure out how to lift the seal...will they be able to accomplish this goal, or will he become a dragon forever?
The Dragon:
Name § Age § ♂ § (Reserved - saqlain_hyder)
The Bubbly:
Name § Age § ♀ § Username

§ We Mermaid for this §
These two are newlyweds, and quite wealthy. Wanting a more quiet, relaxing place away from a big city, they decided on Thistlewood. They opted for a private estate near the forest; one day, while out for a stroll, the wife curiously ventured into the forest, only to find herself transformed into a mermaid. the woman got creative, and found a way to get her husband to meet her at the beach that is located a couple hours away. Will they find a way to change her back, or will he join her in the mythical realm?
The Mermaid:
Cora Fox § 22 § ♀ § LunaClaw
The Lover:
Lewin James Patterson § 24 § ♂ § Happy<3

Last edited by Corgi Fox <3 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Mystery of Thistlewood § Locations

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:18 am

§ Locations §

§ Starbucks §
This is one of many of the popular coffee chain's coffee shop locations. With how small and unknown the town is, it's honestly a surprise that one had been placed there. Still, the townspeople aren't complaining - many stop by for a cup of coffee on the way to work, or meet there for coffee dates. It also brings a little more attention to the town, these days, which is always good for local businesses.
They are currently hiring.

§ The Tiny Mug §
This local cafe is adored by everyone. With its classic French decor, selection of relaxing instrumental music, and friendly employees, it's easy to see why so many view it as warm, cozy, and inviting. If you're looking for a place to go for a quiet date, or for a cup of your favorite beverage and a pastry to accompany your afternoon reading, this is definitely the place to go.

§ Victoria's Tea Palace §
This is the place to go for afternoon tea, and, thus, is a popular place for elderly women to congregate after church, for the tourist who doesn't mind spending a few extra dollars, or for a group of ladies to just get together. They primarily sell fancy pastries, various teas, and finger sandwiches (also referred to as English Tea sandwiches). This is the place to go for an exceptionally special occasion, as their prices are unusually high for such a small town.

§ Sammy's Burgers §
This is your typical mom-and-pop diner, and everyone who eats there agrees that they've got amazing burgers and milkshakes. Everything is fresh and homemade, and a lot of love and care has gone into this business.

§ The Rising Phoenix §
This is a new restaurant in town; it isn't quite ready to open, yet, but is in the works. No one knows what exactly it will be serving, yet, but the owner - Lewin Patterson - promises it will be unique to other dining experiences in town. The townspeople are either really excited for more variety, or don't care to try it, at all.

§ Maple's §
This is a local clothing shop for girls and women. Their brand sells just about everything, from shirts, to jeans, to pajamas, to clothing for work or special occasions. They also offer fittings, so if you need something tweaked or repaired, they will do so for a moderate price.

§ Marty's §
This is a local clothing shop for boys and men. Their brand sells just about everything, from shirts, to jeans, to pajamas, to clothing for work or special occasions. They also offer fittings, so if you need something tweaked or repaired, they will do so for a moderate price.

§ Bailey's Bridal §
This shop deals with bridal gowns, bridesmaid/flower girl dresses, suits for grooms/groomsmen/the ring bearer, as well as most wedding attire accessories. They also offer repair/fitting sessions. While Marty's and Maple's also offer these options, Bailey's Bridal has higher quality - and higher priced - items.

§ Lily's Flowers §
This is a little flower shop on the corner of the street. They specialize in flowers, and have some of the most beautiful selections around. They also sell flower/various other plant seeds, gardening products/utensils, and an array of garden and yard decorations and furniture. They are a family-owned business, and it has been in their family for a good four generations.

§ Annie's Place §
This is the local farmer's market, as well as a pumpkin patch. It's about a 30-minute drive from the rest of the town, but is well worth it. The produce is better here than it is at the grocery store, typically, and they have a wide selection of foods: meats; cheeses; fruits; vegetables; herbs and spices; fresh, homemade pastries, other baked goods, and candies; etc. There is also a vast selection of beautiful pumpkins and gourds at the pumpkin patch, as well as hay rides, a few different corn mazes, designated bonfire areas for toasting marshmallows, a playground for the kids, an apple picking orchard, various contests and games, a concession stand, and a trick-or-treating area for kids closer to Halloween. This is a place where you are likely to want to take your time, so plan ahead!

§ Target §
This is your typical Target - a supermarket with various different products, ranging from groceries, to furniture, to pharmaceutical products, to clothes. They also have a small Starbucks inside!

§ Thistlewood Mall §
Though it isn't huge, in comparison to other malls out there, it absolutely still qualifiesas a mall/shopping center. You can find plenty of name brands - and a few local or obscure brands, as well - inside. They also have a food court, a pet shop, a play area for kids, and a photographer for times when you want to do a photoshoot for Christmas cards, or other various occasions. It's a great place to hang out with friends in your spare time, take your children to, or to just go to shop on your own.

§ Calvary Church §
This is one of the local churches, complete with a wooden cross on their sign and a bell on the top of the building. Their doors are open every day of the week, and they have plenty of different life groups for those who are interested in checking it out. It also tends to be a popular location for weddings.

§ Thistlewood Park §
This park is filled with many winding pathways, all paved in cobblestone from several generations ago. Complete with a large, white fountain and cast iron benches, this park is a nice place to go if you wish to relax and spend some time in peace and quiet. It is also a popular location for weddings and receptions.

§ Mermaid Beach §
This beach is a wonderful location to go to for bonfires or swimming, depending on the time of the year you decide to visit. It is located approximately 2 hours away from Thistlewood. The beach is named after the multiple reported sightings of mermaids that have popped up, over the years. None of the cases have been proven to be true, thus far. The beach is also a popular location for weddings and receptions, especially during the warmer months.

§ Thistlewood Forest §
Located very near the town, there are a lot of rumours surrounding this particular forest. Some don't believe it, while others claim to have known people who ventured into it, and came back with absolutely no recollection of what happened. Plenty of people have gone missing in this forest, but the real reason why is not known to anyone. Enter if you dare...

***Note: If you have ideas for any other location, and/or would like your character(s) to own/be involved in one of these locations, please PM me! :]
Last edited by Corgi Fox <3 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Last bumped by Corgi Fox <3 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:18 am.

Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups