Murkwood Manor [open]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Murkwood Manor [open]

Postby exempt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Murkwood Manor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Murkwood Manor: it seemed to have been placed in the middle of nowhere, no
visible road leading up to it and nothing around it, save for the coverage of the
woods. At first, it may seem desolate, abandoned, but the first step you take
inside vanquishes this suspicion. The inside is furnished nicely, a stark difference
from its outer appearance, which is crumbling and overgrown with vines. Its pur-
pose seems rather nonexistent, though the truth is quite the opposite. This manor
hosts an array of guests, all...less than human. These individuals are here for an
array of reasons. From visitors to vacationers, employees to permanent residences,
this place can house them all. While traveling to Murkwood may seem rather impo-
ssible, it can easily be reached with a step through one of the manor's many portals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by exempt on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Notice

Postby exempt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm

This roleplay is a remake of this thread, which has since died out. Although this will be a new start, users from the old thread are free to repost the same forms and begin where you left off. Alternatively, you can start fresh. New users are of course very welcome!
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby exempt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Roleplay rules
All site rules apply
Don't fight out of character
No godmodding/powerplaying
You can use your own form if you want
Don't have a crush on your own character
Try to keep everything at least semi-realistic
You may have as many characters as you can handle
Don't start roleplaying if I have not accepted your form(s)
Only one power per character (unless I allow otherwise-ask me)
Post all forms, reservations, and discussion on the discussion thread
Characters of all sexualities, genders, etc. are accepted and welcomed
No powers like mind control, as it can be used to control other characters
There may only be one character with each power, but multiple characters
of the same species are allowed (ex-elementals, one fire and one water is okay)

Manor Rules
Don't disturb the other guests
Fighting of any kind will not be tolerated
Portals may only be used with permission
Pets are welcome, but must be under control
Any music or loud noise must be quieted after 10 pm
Bringing humans through the portals is strictly forbidden
Destruction or vandalism of property will be charged to the guest
It is unadvised that any individual goes out in the woods past dark
Charge for rooms is upfront, other forms of payment may be accepted

exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby exempt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Characters
Name 》Age 》Gender 》Species 》Power 》Roleplayer 》Form

Manor owners 3/2
Jackson Sinclair 》24 》Male 》Snow Leopard shapeshifter 》n/a 》cas, 》Form
Odesza Soleil 》20 》Female 》Ookami 》Collapse 》foxx, 》Form
Xenos/Xena Evans 》469 》Can switch (mainly male) 》Trickster Demon 》Power negation 》Kurora 》Form
0 spots open

Employees 6/6
Isaac Leon 》28 》Male 》Dog shapeshifter 》n/a 》pup 》Form
Mars 》Unknown (appears 27) 》Male 》Celestial Guardian 》Fire magic 》foxx, 》Form
Naomi Graham 》21 》Female 》Satyr 》Healing 》katlovescat 》Form
Samuel Reynolds 》24 》Male 》Warlock 》Telekinesis 》Another Star 》Form
Euthalia Frost 》23 》Female 》Fairy 》Black hole manipulation 》.andromeda. 》Form
reserved for kippyluv
0 spots open

Permanent residents 7/6
Aspen Trepner 》19 》Female 》Witch 》Portal crafting 》sonder_ 》Form
Raia Nuva 》0 (appears 8) 》Female 》Phantom 》Dream manipulation 》~MacManus~ 》Form
Genesis Loveless 》23 》Male 》Fire elemental 》Pyrokinesis 》cas, 》Form
Foster Leon 》13 》Female 》Earth elemental 》Agrokinesis 》pup 》Form
Jessica Harper 》17 》Female 》Werewolf 》Shadow manipulation 》Banana Dancer :) 》Form
Chiyoko Mei 》140 》Female 》Okuri Inu 》n/a 》Kurora 》Form
reserved for kippyluv
0 spots open

Guests 8/0
Kolten 》22 》Male 》Werewolf 》n/a 》sonder_ 》Form
Trent 》35 》Male 》Centaur 》n/a 》~MacManus~ 》Form
Adrian Bauer 》27 》Male 》Werewolf 》n/a 》Roleplayer 》Form
Jupiter Soleil 》402 (appears 22) 》Male 》Vampire 》Atmokinesis 》foxx, 》Form
Tamako Dokuro 》246 (appears 25) 》Non-Binary 》Kitsune 》Illusions 》katlovescat 》Form
Lusine Castella 》413 (appears 22) 》Female 》Witch 》Clairvoyance 》.andromeda. 》Form
Clarity Quinn 》19 》Female 》Siren 》Persuasion/Seduction 》Jerelyn 》Form
Akiko Koizumi 》Unknown (appears 22) 》Female 》Demi-god 》n/a 》*FrightenedMushroom* 》Form
unlimited spots open

Others 0/0
(ask me before making someone not living in the manor)
Last edited by exempt on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Form

Postby exempt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Form
Feel free to use your own form if you would like to! It's actually preferred, but you can use this simple one if you want.
Code: Select all
Picture/description:
Name:
Nickname:
Species:
Power:
Why they're in the manor: (owner, guest, etc.)
Personality:
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exempt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:03 am

Time: Mid-afternoon
Weather: Cloudy, slightly chilly wind
Season: Fall
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exempt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Aspen TrepnerWitchPortal magicPerminet residentLocation; outsideTagged; n/a
The young witch emitted a sigh of exaggerated boredom, her elbows resting on her knees and her back slouched. She sat atop one of the many brick pillars that connected the metal fencing, easily accessible by the large tree behind her. While it shaded her from the sun, it also caused her to grow rather chilly when the wind blew. She was waiting for someone to use the front door of the manor, but in the half hour that she'd been sitting there, had no such luck. It was set up to where anyone who walked out would be turned around and heading right back in, something that was rather complicated even for Aspen. There was no sight of it, leaving whomever walked into it completely clueless until they ended up facing the opposite direction. Most likely wouldn't find the effort put in worth it for a good laugh, but the witch truly didn't have anything better to be doing. Aspen's gaze moved lazily around the surrounding area, beginning to believe nobody would fall into her crafted trap.

Kolten EverdeanWerewolfNo powersGuestLocation; one of the manor's roomsTagged; n/a
Kolt lied horizontally across one of the many armchairs, his legs hanging over one side and his head resting on the other. It was in a sort of waiting room, or so it appeared. The werewolf truly wasn't sure of its purpose: a cluster of chairs and couches around a couple of tables. He'd found it while wandering the manor, the room resting on the same side of the large building as his own room was. His gaze focused on the ceiling, then shifted over to the small table in front of the chair. Extending his arm, he snatched a book that had been set there, though he was unsure if it belonged to the manor or one of its residents. Holding it up in front of his face, he flipped it over and read the back description.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Murkwood Manor [open]

Postby Kurora » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Xen ψ 469 ψ Μale/Female ψ Trickster Demon ψ Negation ψ Location: Manor, Second Floorψ x ψ Tags:Open

Xenos had awoken early this morning, to see that everything was going to run smoothly for the day. He did this everyday, but today he felt unusually tired. In all his years here, he had never once felt like this. Maybe it was time to take a break? He enjoyed this manor, and all the strange and unusual guest it brought. Friendships made or broken. But lately, he had felt a decline in interesting things. with them all being supernatural, there was no need for him to play the villain often. Sure, he had to fire people, but none had been in a while, and everyone was doing a good job.
A slight clicking of claws brought his attention from his thoughts. Chewy had sensed its master being unusual, so it had come to check on him, which Xenos had appreciated very much. "Had fun?" he asked the hellhound, kneeling to get on its level. Chewy gave a bark in reply, making Xenos laugh and giving it a scratch absent-mindedly behind where an ear would be on a normal canine. "I thought so."
Perhaps he was thinking too much. At least he vould stall some time before starting his rounds.

Chiyoko Mei ბ 140 ბ Female ბ Okuri Inu ბ No extra powers ბ Location: Edge of forest/Propertyბ x ბ Tags:Trent

Chi tapped the fence methodically as she walked along the outside edge of it, her clawed fingers making each bar ting with her passing. She loved that sound, as it reminded her of the bells that happened at festival time at the village in her childhood. As it often brought travellers through her little forest, her parents would often bring her whatever sweets they had collected from the fallen travellers. When she was older, she did the same. Though in the relative time compared to many of this house, the okuri inu was not considered old at all, contrary to how she felt. The world had changed so much in her short lifetime, she felt she could no longer keep up. That saddened her.
She paused on her walk and put her back to the fence, letting the metal support her weight. Smiling sadly, she looked into the forest, taking in the sights and smells. It was rare she felt homesick, but just being in the presence of the forest surrounding her new home comforted her. Ah, how much she would love to run and follow someone through the forest again, just for fun. No work having to keep other yokai away, just follow and be in the presence of her friends, the yosuzume spirits.
As she reminisced on the past, she felt her senses twinge. Someone was walking through the forest, on a path. She could not tell if it was human or mythical, all she knew was it was no animal that passed through. Curious, she walked quickly tot he path, nearly sprinting. Her feet carried her silently as she went, and only when she saw a form moving through the trees did she slow to a stop.
In front of her was a man, but the chest down was a bull, she presumed. How interesting. Perhaps another guest?
As her nature dictated, she did not approach, just walked quietly with him through the trees, watching him, as he grew closer to the manor. Should he trip, she would need to reign in her nature, as she did not want any guests leaving because of her.
Kurora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Another Star » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Samuel Reynolds 》Warlock 》Telekinesis 》Employee》Location-Inside the manor》Tagged n/a
Samuel stared at the wall lazily observing the painting of a balding man, it was a very slow day no one had called or complained for the entire day! Determined he stood up and left the desk for a small break, which was out of the blue because if it's one thing Samuel can do it was never taking a break. He was walking in the elegant hallways admiring the serenity of the manor, was there any other place more calm. He stopped by the waiting room to get his book but then saw Kolten, putting on a friendly smile "good afternoon Kolten! What book you got there?" Samuel asked intrigued, leaning over to see the cover.
Another Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelonia » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Adrian Bauer | 27 | werewolf | guest | @: dining room | tags: --
      Why was everything so hard to find in this place? Adrian hovered over a plate of food and shoved large amounts. If he could, he would love to unhinge his jaw like a snake to make eating easier. He had checked in a few days ago and had trouble finding dining areas. Whenever he came across one, he ate as much as he could. He wished he could say it only happened when he visited somewhere new and was subject to a learning curve, but nope. He pretty much filled up whenever he remembered to eat. Adrian sat back from his plate for a second to take a breather from furiously shoving food down his gullet. He took this moment to get a good look at the room and shove it away in the memory banks. Hopefully, he would remember where this room was in the future.
angelonia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me