☽ Descendants of Salem [open]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

☽ Descendants of Salem [open]

Postby exempt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Descendants of Salem
The world hasn't believed in witches since Salem, and even now, humans cast these trials aside as cruel mistakes, a result of ignorance and fear. They live with closed eyes, blissfully unaware of what's going on all around them. Witches often harbor the same mundane life as them, going about their days like they don't posses the extraordinary abilities that run through their veins. Others, however, refuse to let their powers lay dormant. They band together and teach one another, growing their powers and sharing their heritage.

One particular coven live among humans in a large house, taking in any young witch that may need or want their help. This house, and these women, have always been shrouded in mystery, catching the attention of many of the town's residences. So far, they've kept their secret hidden, all while learning to control their abilities, but some of the humans are starting to catch on.
Last edited by exempt on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Witch Information & Rules

Postby exempt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Witch Information
Witches can dapple in all sorts of abilities, but most specialize
in one or two things, putting all her training towards that.
While she is born a witch, a girl could go her whole life without
knowing who she is. It isn't until she practices that she can
utilize her powers. Even though it runs though the maternal
side of families, it's not guaranteed that it will pass onto a
witch's daughter. Each witch has a familiar, her animal
companion that assists her. Rarely is this animal larger than
a house cat. While they have no real powers, they are far
more intelligent than an average animal and can understand
her witch (but cannot speak).
Rules
[1] No overpowered characters; witches may only specialize
in 1-2 abilities. The rest must be very minor. No familiar may
be larger than a house cat and cannot have any real powers.
[2] Witches must be born female, but may identify as what
they want. All sexualities and genders are of course welcomed.
Only 2 witches can specialize in the same ability to keep diversity,
and no 2 witches may have the same animal as their familiar.
[3] If you have more than one character, try to balance it out
between witches and humans. Make your own forms and post
it in the discussion thread. Try to at least include all the basics!
Realistic face claims only. Witches look entirely human.
Last edited by exempt on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby exempt » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Characters

Witches
Name • age • gender • specialty • familiar • user • form

Cora Thornburg • 18 • potions & sensory scrying • ermine • sonder_ • form
Ethan Kane • 23 • transmale • divination & reanimation • peregrine falcon • Implosion • form
Avalon Hale • 17 • female • pyrokinesis & luring • red fox • hysteria; • form
Elizabeth Fowler • 17 • female • spellcasting • cat • EliWeel • form
Sabinia Coudriet • 20 • female • mediumship & healing • finch • sevenstorms • form
Reidun Olsen • 19 • demi-girl • runes & aura energy work • black racer • morioh • form
Casey Ann Fairbane • 21 • female • illusions & hydrokinesis • skunk • rose.bloom • form
Celeste • 17 • female • aerokinesis & emotions • ferret • Contomplating • form
Eileen Harris • 20 • female • artifice & portals• raven • InfectedHau • form
Adeline Dubois • 20 • female • persuasion & suggestion • white owl • Peggy_Rogers • form
Bani Elridge • 22 • female • audible inundation • rat • MultipleDinosaurs • form
Melusina Crane • 21 • female • tarot/card divination • hognose snake • OpalReflections • form
fayrine pickerton • 18 • non binary • nature manipulation & super speed • arctic fox • darcy_jensen • form
Ariadne Taylor • 17 • female • curses & blood • loon • ❤~Fallen Angel~❤ • form
Esme Stirling • 19 • female • psychokinesis & enhanced intuition • gray fox • Lukina • form

Humans
Name • age • gender • user • form

Mallius • 24 • male • morioh • form
Daisy • 19 • female • AmandaClark • form
Rain Taylor • 17 • female • ❤~Fallen Angel~❤ • form
Last edited by exempt on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:50 am, edited 10 times in total.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exempt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Day: Friday
Time: Mid-afternoon
Weather: Windy, slightly chilly, clear skies
Season: Fall
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☽ Cora [1]

Postby exempt » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Cora ThornburgWitchPotions & sensory scryingErmine "Archie"In the atticTagged; n/a
The young witch exhaled an exaggerated sigh, turning her body and leaning her back against the rectangular window in the attic. She'd been trying to perfect this potion since she had first woken up, but it seemed hopeless. It wasn't anything complex, quite the opposite really. Put simply, it helped fend off the cold, which Cora was a huge wimp against. Even within the house (given the attic received far less heating than the other rooms), she wore an over-sized knit sweater, leggings, and socks. Sliding her back down the glass, she plopped onto the ground, feet outstretched in front of her. She pulled her small journal from her front pocket, flipping through until she found her current page, attempting to find some mistake. There was nothing notable as her eyes flicked over the messy handwriting and tiny sketches. She flung the small thing to the side, narrowly missing the white ermine as he made his way over to her. Her fingers trailed over his soft fur as her gaze darted across the various flowers hung upside down to dry, many others lying motionless on wooden tables. Turning her head to the side so her cheek rested against the chilled glass, Cora turned her attention to the world outside.
exempt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☽ Descendants of Salem [open]

Postby Contemplating » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:30 pm

The wooden door gave an old creak, filled with age as Celeste slowly tiptoed out into the outside. The door clicked shut as she left the big house, where she felt welcomed. But, it was time to explore. Her ferret was getting quite anxious, and the honest truth is that she needed a break herself. She didn't like going outside a lot- it wasn't an official rule, more of unspoken, but it was considered unsafe, dangerous even. Atleast, that's how Celeste felt. Yet there was calming sense to it, besides the rebellious feel it gave. The wind bit at Celeste's body- her nose, fingers, ears- anything it could reach. As her boots made its marks on the dirt, Celeste dragged herself to the middle of her destination. It was very close to the home she had just come from- it was a sprouting area, with a few bare trees scattered across like glitter. As she leaned against one, she slowly took in a breath, her fingers curling around the soft fabric of her black coat, breathing in the scent of the earth and her oh-so-welcoming perfume that was never strong enough. Opening her grey blue eyes Celeste finally smiled, slowly exhaling, letting out her breath as she looked up at the sky. Today, it was a mix of different light blues mixed in like an ocean. It grounded her, giving her a feel of home. The security spear like warmth, and soon enough Celeste let go of her coat, slowly dragging her fingertips against her skin, goosebumps rising from the cold. The others may not feel it cold, but Celeste just guessed she was sensitive. She glanced around. Now that it came to mind, she wondered where they were.

(Not as long as id wish. Please notify me if I've gotten any details wrong about the scene of the role-play, I am kinda fuzzy on it. Thank you!)
Contemplating

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ✩ ── my star has left me !! ❞

Postby passione » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

( ) — REIDUN OLSEN
    ══════════════════════════════════════════════════
    witch runes & aura ║ black racer familiar hela ║ location her room → the garden ║ tags open
      Reidun didn’t wait to rub her hands together before cupping them around her lips, exhaling with more force than normal in order to thaw her skin. Her appendages were frigid since it was a chilly Friday in the middle of autumn, in the middle of the afternoon. Her window was wide open with a grand view of a withered oak tree, barren of leaves, naked branches staring right back at her. The young witch had wished she decided to put some gloves on but her first thought upon waking up was “there’s no need to be overdressed, we’re inside.”

She counted the tumbled kyanite pebbles littered on her altar, two dozen, no more, no less. There was nothing that needed to be done today aside from charging whatever was depleted of energy— meaning, the kyanite. Reidun thought she might need to head outside to the nearest florist to check up on her order for double flowered Scabiosas. Some crystals needed plants to charge, after all, and with a cerulean aura like her own, she’d need some cerulean flowers. Kyanite needed to be charged the hour before dawn by some plants. It was a difficult task since Reidun wasn’t exactly a morning person. She slept like a log and moved just as much as a sloth until she smelled freshly-brewed coffee in the kitchen.

It was a boring day, really, and being cooped up in the house was causing Reidun to wring her hands in exasperation. She needed to get out, and she needed it now. Her hands flew to her hair to puff it out and she swept an unmatching pair of earrings from her nightstand to attach to her ears before throwing on her cape coat and leaving the room. Reidun practically jumped into her black leather boots as she waltzed out the door, allowing the rhythm in her step to take away from her irritation from earlier.

"Hela, you read my mind," Reidun drawled as she planted herself under the oak in the garden. Leaves were discarded around her, burying the black racer snake that began to slither up the arm of the witch. She could sense her familiar wherever she went. That was a perk of having one, after all. Of course, aside from the slight amplification of energy she received when performing spells. Reidun watched clouds of vapour leave her lips and roll upwards like smoke. Her breath was fire compared to the biting air that already started to nip at her nose and the apples of her cheekbones. Her uniform exhales guided her gaze upward to the window of the attic where Cora's cheek was smushed. Reidun suppressed a giggle as Hela's tongue lapped at her fingers. The girl let out a sigh.

Oh, Cora. Cora, Cora. She must be stressing over her work again.

[i'll post for mallius once this picks up]
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mat

Postby Burning_Roses » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Natlia Dubois||Female||Powers:Suggestion and Persuasion||Familiar:Baby Snowy Owl||Location:Garden||Tagged:Reidun

Natalia had gone with a simple but warm white dress with white tights and a red flower crown as she had begun her day to Amelia her owl hooting up a storm for her to get up. After getting dressed and making some sort of coffee or some type of caffeinated beverage she had gone out to the garden for an early morning meditation as she heard someone enter she looked over the bush annoyed, “Could you do your thing a little quieter?” She asked softly as she pushed back her black hair, “Sorry if I sound rude Reidun. I just need to meditate and you’re being quite loud” She was still getting used to English and her accent still hung heavy on most words as she pushed back her hair and stood, “Then again I could just leave as well.” She sighed and gathered her dress walking from the bushes, Yes she had been sitting in the bushes of the garden. She smiled at Reidun, “Did you sleep well? No terrible dreams I hope” she smiled softly as brushed off her dress, she hadn’t spoke to many of the residents of the house yet and so she wanted to try and make a good impression, “There is coffee that I made inside as well.” She stretched she’d been up since the early early morning as she was most days
Burning_Roses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm

casey // illusion + hyrdokinesis // familiar ;; spider the skunk// location ;; attic // tagged ;; cora
a brisk wind licked casey's cheek as she wrapped her fingers around july's lead rope. the barn was just about to reach it's busiest, the after-school children's lessons. it was a lucky day for casey, she had finished her work early and had plenty time to spend with her horse before the children arrived. not that casey had anything against children, it was just the noise. oh, so much noise, she thought to herself as she placed july back into her stall. casey needn't work if she didn't want to. her illusion specialty allowing people to see things casey wanted them to see, including money. but unlike others in the coven she needed to be accountable for something. she needed someplace to be. she kissed the warmblood on her muzzle before locking the gate and heading back towards the coven house. casey was wearing tall black riding boots that were worn from so much use, denim jeans, and a thick blue sweater. her platinum silver hair was in a not-so-perfect messy bun; she never had much talent for styling her hair. it was a short bike ride before casey arrived back home. she slipped off her dirty boots and walked inside. "spider!" she called. she sensed her familiar was in the house but she wasn't sure where. casey walked quickly upstairs in search of her mischievous skunk. when spider was nowhere to be found in her second story room, casey headed towards the attic, only to find cora slumped in the corner, her journal and potion ingredients askew on the floor. clearly cora hadn't noticed spider, who was sitting in the corner of the attic atop a pile boxes. spider jumped down and joined casey in her arms. their familiar bond was strong, as casey always had an affinity with animals. after stroking the top of spiders head she turned towards cora. "hey cora. potions not going so well?" she said casually.
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Eileen||Female||Artifice/Portals||Sclera the Raven||Location: Garage||Tagged: Open
    "No, no, that's not right."
    Eileen tsked in a disappointed sort of way as the swirling vortex of magical energy before her wobbled and collapsed, the resulting blast blowing her hair back and sending silver filings flying about the room. Looking down at the mirror in her hands, the witch popped it from its engraved housing, setting it on the table next to her and tossing the frame aside, where it landed with a clang on a pile of similar frames.
    She'd been working on this pet project of hers for some time. In theory, binding a portal spell to an object of similar dimensions and intent should have been easy, but she'd been having a bit of trouble getting a stable gateway out of it. The spell was something she'd done a hundred times, and she could make a portal just fine, the problem was getting it to go anywhere. Without the guiding force of someone behind it, it was impossible to create a stable trans-dimensional bridge.
    Sighing, Eileen rested her elbows on her workbench, scratching Cygnus in the peeling blue paint. Behind her, the pile of failures clinked as Sclera landed on it, pecking at the dully glimmering silver. He'd been checking Eileen's work, pointing out errors in her transcriptions and adding his energy to the infusions when hers ran low, but at this point even he was out of ideas.
    "I'm missing something," Eileen muttered to herself, "some... control, some guidance, some... hmm..." the witch trailed off into silence, continuing to scratch on the workbench. An idea was brewing, but she'd need time to bring it to fruition.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me