☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby artemis, » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 pm

"Holy disgrace.." She muttered when she saw the creature. It was so tall. She heard Cilan shout and wasted no time. Firing arrow after arrow, she eventually resorted to blades. Throwing them hard, they impaled the manticore but it clearly was not enough for that thing. She turned into a wolf once she ran out of weapons. Wrapping her strong jaws around the manticore's shoulder, she violently tore at the flesh and muscle, getting a roar from the beast. Suddenly it flung her, sending her flying into a rock. She hit the rock with a thud, but it wasn't bad. Grumbling, she got up. "Son of a disgrace.." she muttered and attacked again. This time she timed her attack, making sure she could counter some attacks. Eventually she missed one, and the manticore's claws grazed her shoulder. It wasn't deep but it was painful. Mal glared at the beast, and lunged for it once again, her wolf fangs bared.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Sanctuary Path

"GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU DISGRACING TEENAGER!" Came the infernal roar as the woman, born from the volcano, shot a blast of telekinesis straight forward. Her aim was off since she was still holding Gwen with her free hand, so she ended up hitting the beast's leg. It stumbled but didn't fall. Panting, Cadence took a step back to recover. She wasn't as young as she once was, that was for sure.

"I've got your back, Mallory," Timpani assured as she walked forward. The manticore took one look at her and roared, its foul breath blowing in her face like a windstorm.
"Watch your mouth," She warned as she punched it in its broad jaw. The ridiculous force of her punch actually brought tears to its eyes, but it then roared in rage and swiped a paw directly at Timpani. She wasn't quite strong enough to withstand a direct hit. She wasn't Queen Solara. The blow sent her crashing into a tree, but she grabbed a branch and swung, landing on her feet. Her ridiculous athletic ability really helped her out here.
Unfazed, Timpani charged again.

"Go get 'em, Jen," Gavotte said encouragingly. Although the manticore was huge, he knew they could take it down. Gavotte himself didn't have a weapon right now, and his powers would be useless for fighting. He just had super senses, not even extreme reflexes like King Luno.

Rowan would normally have retreated to the back of the group, until the battle was over. Then he would heal everyone. But something was different. Something had changed in him, and he knew it was time to fight. The blind boy closed his eyes- it did nothing, but somehow it allowed him to focus better.
Focus on the light, my son.
The light...
Rowan took a deep breath as his palms began to glow. All that pent-up energy he had, since he had killed the redheaded soldier, all that was coming back now. He didn't know what he was doing. He just knew he needed to be careful.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Silas began to speak, but to his horror a manticores showed up. He grabbed Xia's arms, horrified. Tears sprung in his eyes. He couldn't do anything to help, and he was horrified.
"Help," he cried, pulling Xia close.

Yina chuckled, and nodded.
"Of course. You are blameless," she responded. She felt there was another problem to address, but she couldn't quite figure it out. "Spying? All by yourself? You surely have grown, haven't you?"

Jaai took a breath. Cyprian was talking to her, almost casually. He did play his role well, though. She slid to the floor, listening to the conversation.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Parliament Building

Cyprian grinned, and then he bent over to catch his breath some more. Disgrace it. Why did this hallway have to be so cramped? He hated cramped places. They creeped him out, especially when tons of dead stuff was around. Cyprian could actually feel the plants watching him somehow, even though they were dead and they were plants. What was wrong with this terrifying place? They should have just torn it down, and rebuilt the entire thing, instead of living in the Adamsons' place.
"Yeah, I'm my father's son. Couldn't just stand there and watch Ant Boy lead some... stupid uprising," Cyprian sneered. "Especially not with that pesky Fire Girl. Wait till I tell you about these jerks."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Reidun «Xia» Olsen

╔════════════════════╗
◍Aɢᴇ: 17
◍Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: Mᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴsɪᴅᴇ Rᴏᴀᴅ
◍Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: Aᴜʀᴀ ᴍᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
◍Mᴏᴏᴅ: Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴅᴀɴɢ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ.
╚════════════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♘▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Blown away was an understatement.
Never in Xia's life, other than inside her books, has she seen a creature of such size.
She held Silas for a brief moment, gazing at him with a concoction of adoration and pity before she let him go.
This was one person she needed to protect.
"I'll be fine, you'll be fine. I'll protect you."

Her attention was torn away from Silas in an instant as she held out her hand, drawing a portion of her aural energy to summon her golden trident. Perhaps this trident was too fancy, embroidered with sapphires, a spiral pattern that twined down the shaft, and it was quite heavy, meant more to be decor than a weapon.
No matter, Xia's energy flowed through this thing smoothly.

Xia took a deep breath, preventing her panic from setting in.
Should I go for the axillars of its wings?
The other shoulder to help Mal?
How about the leg to destabilize it?

The knowledge of anatomy came flooding back. Xia wasn't the best fighter, she was asthmatic and slow due to all the armour she wore. The only advantage she had when it came to battle was her stamina.
Xia decided upon attacking its limbs. She held her trident with both hands on the shaft, peaks pointed forward and positioned herself for a running start. Swiftly, but with great difficulty, she managed to move past the Manticore's forelegs, and jammed her trident into the area behind the knee of one of its hind legs.
"That oughta do some damage to the tendons,"
she growled, yanking her weapon away from the monster. Xia took just a second too long though, as the same leg she had just injured, landed a back kick on her, sending her flying off to a nearby tree and hitting her head.

Xia sat up, rubbing the bridge of her nose that had taken most of the blow.
Blood trickled down her iron chest plate, but she stood up, grasping her trident in one hand and her sapphire amulet in another. The gemstone illuminated with the colour of her aura.
Xia pointed her stone towards the Manticore's wing, sending off a blast of corrosive aural energy.
If she hadn't been injured, it would have at least torn a hole through the webbed wing.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Again, the prince was right. He was always right.
"Fire girl? How horrifying. I am always disgusted by fire elements. They are too loud and angry," she agreed. "How did you manage to convince them you were loyal? And how did you get away?"

Silas took in a breath. Now this girl... She radiated power and strength. Her eyes seemed to analyze and interpret the situation, taking in all the information they could. He crouched down. His power would be useless, but maybe be could at least try.
He searched out the creature's strength, disabling any power it could have possibly have. He was doubtful it would work, but trying was the only option.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:07 am

name: lily power: teleportation crush: definitely rowan tags: travel squad and a manticore

as soon as lily heard a scream, she reached to her backpack and wrapped a hand around her scythe, glaring at the beast that threatened the lives of the ones she loved. after watching Xia send a shot of aura energy at the creature, she teleported towards it, appearing in mid air to slice down its chest. the wound her weapon left wasn't particularly deep, but it was enough to startle and slightly injure the manticore.

teleporting to the back of the group, she stood beside rowan, and too closed her eyes. well, they more rolled back into her skull, leaving only the whites showing. she entered the room of internal darkness, a nickname she'd decided would stick, and as she looked around, she saw the glowing outline of the manticore, as well as her travelling friends. she was well aware that viewing them all as glowing energies wouldn't exact prove helpful, but at least she could see that there were no other manticores approaching.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:03 am

Flynn
Tagged: Mal, Xia, and everyone else

Flynn's temper was flaring, and he was about to respond when a girl walked up. Her name was Xia.
"Hello Xia. I'm Flynn." He murmured, but then he heard screaming. He looked up, his heart already starting to race. His adrenaline was kicking in, and he felt jittery. The manticore was bigger than anything he has ever seen. It would tower of both Solara and his dad combined. His eyes traveled over it, noticing that its back leg was injured. But as soon as he saw Cilan wrapped in its tail, Flynn knew what he had to do. He grabbed his sword and started running. It took him less than a second to reach the manticore, but the darn beast batted him away. He gave a cry as he went flying through the air and he crashed into a tree. He landed on a ground with a thud, and while it hurt, it wouldn't stop Flynn from saving his friend. He stood up, shaking out his head. He was seeing double, but he ignored it. He started running again, his anger flaring. He went wider, running underneath Cilan, and going behind the beast. He pulled his arm up with a cry and felt the resistance as he cut through the tail. Without breaking stride, he ran underneath CIlan and caught up as he fell. He ran far enough not to be hit by the manticore, but close enough to go back in.
"You okay, brother?" Flynn asked as he stopped, trying to pull the darn snake off of Cilan. It was hard since he was still seeing double.

Mayne
Tagged: Gwen

Mayne kept holding Gwen's hand, but then he noticed a tall and strong beauty engage with the manticore. His heart thundered loudly in his chest, and he was afraid for her. Her skin was gorgeous, and the way she was fighting was just breath-taking. He just hoped he would live through this just to be able to talk to her.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:16 am

After a long period of flying into trees and rocks, she was on top of the manticore's back. More like his side, her sharp claws digging into its flesh to keep balance. Her heart was thundering in her chest and she fought to think. That first encounter with the rock probably wasn't good. Her power was not the most useful in this situation, but she would try and at least maul one leg. Suddenly a force came upon the manticore and she was bucked off. Using her knife, she dragged a line down the manticore's side as she slid down it. Blinking to clear her vision, she ducked to avoid a swipe of its huge limb.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 am

Sanctuary Path

Timpani had worked her way around the manticore, until she was attacking the flank opposite of Mallory. She had no weapon, but if she could grab one of its legs, she could make the creature off balance. They were going to take down this disgrace, no questions asked. Timpani was going to protect her people no matter what. This small group was all that was left of her village. If she lost them, she had nobody.
Finally the manticore noticed her, using its body like a punching bag. It roared in her face again. As if that would get her to back off. It raised a paw to swat her away, but Timpani was ready and grabbed the darn thing. She held on even as the manticore roared, hopping around on two legs.
"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR!" Came the familiar enraged scream, and a blast of telekinesis shot through the forest, impaling the beast in the eye. It howled in rage and continued to attack in a panicked frenzy.
Timpani managed to dodge most of its attacks until it bit her directly on the shoulder. There was venom in its bite or something. She couldn't even move her arm, so she had no choice but to drop the manticore's front limb. In the meantime Xia had severely bruised its wing, Cadence had taken out its eye with telekinesis, Flynn had cut off its tail, and Mallory had sliced its side deeply. She had definitely bought them some time.
Not tired at all due to her super-endurance, Timpani ran back to the other boys whose powers weren't suited for fighting. Silas, Mayne, and Rowan. They seemed to be guarded by Cadence (who was holding Gwen) and Lily.
"I need your help," Timpani told Rowan plainly as she touched his shoulder with her working hand. The boy seemed to be intensely focused, and didn't even react to her presence, although her wounded arm was quickly healed.
What was he doing? His eyes were closed, but his hands were glowing intensely. The light between them was so concentrated it hurt her eyes to look at, even though her mother was literally a volcano. This reminded Timpani of the stories she heard, about... no, it couldn't be.
But there was no other option.
"You need to clear a path!" Timpani called out. "Move or die!"

---

Sanctuary Woods

It was all a blur, too fast for Cilan to discern. He ended up somewhere else in the forest, with Flynn struggling to remove the snake from him. With a groan he tilted his head to look up at his buddy. The disgraced thing had bitten him several times, and dark purple bruises had formed wherever it struck. The disgusting color was spreading. He was probably poisoned or something, which would explain why he felt so disgusting. He looked like the aftermath of a food fight between kindergarteners, except they only had purple food.
"To be honest, I don't think so," Cilan admitted. He coughed and retched, feeling like he was about to vomit, but he hadn't eaten or drank since he revived. There was nothing to even throw up.
"Ugh... Thanks for getting me out of there." He closed his eyes, really feeling sick to his stomach. What he wanted right now, he wanted his mother. He wanted a nice warm hug from Queen Solara. That would make him all better.
"You need to clear a path! Move or die!" Cilan heard Timpani's voice. It was probably because of Rowan. Cilan had seen him preparing to do something crazy with his power. And then he got an idea.
The ridiculous grin was back on Cilan's face.
"Flynn, can you get me back in there?" Cilan said deviously. "I don't take well to orders. So I'm going to go against her."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me