The Not-So-Deserted Fairground (Open & Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: The Not-So-Deserted Fairground (Open & Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:17 am

Olivier Sparks
23|Male|Half-Elf
Tagged: Hotaru, Jones
"Ah~" Olivier said, having a feeling that he knew what was up - he liked to think that he knew most of the goings on around the Fairground. "-Another one has moved on? You must be taking good care of them." he commented. "Do you have someone new already? I bet you'll get them trained up in no time!"
He soon turned his attention towards the new customer - Jones, of course. "Afternoon, Jones!" he grinned, "Coming right up."
Olivier got to work - taking a very small shaker that could easily fit between his thumb and index finger, and using a dropper to carefully measure out a few different juices. He gave it a shake, then poured the drink into the cup Jones had brought with him. "This one I've made with guava, raspberry and a particularly good nectar for fairies from a rare pink moth orchid." Olivier explained, proudly.

Robin Dakota
22|Nonbinary|Siren
Tagged: Alex, Amiko
Robin didn't mind having an audience while they rehearsed - it was good to have feedback, although they did get a little embarrassed if they ever messed up. They really wanted to be known as one of the top performers of the Fairground, even though it wasn't something most others were competitive about. Having Alex in the room was slightly more nerve wracking than most, knowing that he was a demon, and was an extremely good performer. What did ease them, though, was that Alex seemed to focus on targeting humans rather than other supernatural beings.

"Oh. That's fine - sure. I'm just working through something familiar before getting to that one piece." Robin agreed, still playing their violin as they had been, though they did bring the sound to a careful stop. Then, they glanced towards the door, having noticed it open a little bit. Seeing Amiko was there, Robin waved, with a warm smile. "Hello Amiko. What brings you here? Are you going to watch as well?" they asked, curiously.

Ezra Callahan
22|Male|Human
Tagged: Other humans
It was annoying that it seemed like none of the others were agreeing with him. In fact, they all wanted to go inside! Ugh. He didn't want to have to walk all the way back on his own, but he also didn't want to be stood out here. It seemed like some of the others could also hear the faint sounds, but he wasn't going to let on that he did as well - that would mean admitting something was going on. "You must be hearing things, because I don't hear anything." he said to Anwin.
Why anyone would find any of this interesting was beyond him. It was an abandoned Fairground, plain as that. They'd traveled enough to get here and find all the rumours were false, and he had been under the impression that that was all they were here for.
Ezra then glowered at Caspar. How dare he get called a kid! That did it. "Fine! If only to prove that there's nothing going on!" he scowled. "But if a broken bit of whatever from this rundown place falls and lands on one of you, I will not help." and he started marching towards the gates, head up high.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Amiko Kurona- Ami, Iko- genderfluid- 22- Pan; crush on Robin and Ezra- werewolf (white toed black)- horse carting- Oki x Mira: Nira (Nora), Rian (Rien), Brynn; Coro, Dira- Tags: Robin technically

The horses, a black one and a white one, had been returned to the caretaker. That had been before Ami had gone to change. The tan skinned beauty, with almond shaped blue gray eyes, now hummed. Ami batted at the shoulder length hair. The werewolf purebred watched Robin and Alex. Ami knew Alex was a demon, as everyone here likely did.

The short and slender one nearly jumped when addressed by Robin. Ami quickly nodded to the cute nonbinary one. The werewolf then said "I am here to watch. If I'm allowed to that is," was then quickly said by the black haired one.

Anwin Briar- An- agender- 24- Pan; open- human- Louis x Penny ('witch')- 3 family cats (Cheshire, Sylvana, Morry)- chocolate lab Henry for their partial blindness- Tags: human group

The shorter and slender tanned one, with lighter vitiligo, nodded at the others. Green and brown sectoral eyes went to the gates. The dark brown straight haired one sighed. Of course the sceptic was still sceptical...They turned back to the others after a moment. "Yeah, let's go check it out; it'll be fine," they said. They could just go back to town if there actually was nothing there. They headed to the gates with the rest of the group.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortune's Fool » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 am

Makoto Hotaru :: appears mid-20s :: Male :: Psychopomp :: ~Olivier, Jones
"I do my best," he answered. The more astute would have noticed a hint of sheepishness creeping into his voice, even if to anyone else he sounded almost the same as ever. Hotaru was if nothing else proud that not all of the spirits under his care found themselves stagnating. It was the whole reason he had opened the haunted house, having something to focus their energy of often actually helped the spirits, as opposed to them being constantly stuck near him and unable to do anything else. His gaze idly wandered to the fairy as Olivier served him, lifting a hand to push his hair from his eyes briefly before it inevitably fell back.

Leon Ammon :: 22 :: Male :: Human :: ~Other Humans
Leon feigned a cough to try and muffle his laugh as Ezra marched forward ahead of them toward the gate. The fact that had worked was honestly hilarious, but outright laughing probably wasn't the wisest choice. Instead he flicked a few strands of hair back over his shoulder and picked up the pace to be right on his heels. Eager to figure out what he was hearing. And really, even if it was deserted and they were only rumors, who knows what they could find if they poked around a bit?
Fortune's Fool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:04 am

Alex Darkman | 34 | Male | Demon | Fairground Auditorium | Tags: Robin, Amiko
He looks over at Amiko, only just now seeing them here. "Of course you can watch, I'm sure Robin here will be fine with it. Besides, a slightly larger audience never hurts to have. It'll be much more packed once the night truly begins anyway, and I know the pressure will be at an all time high, but that's what makes performing so much fun!" He stops, thinking about the joys of performing, specifically to humans. He was very excited for the night to come by, as that was when he was at his prime.

Gerald Kroll |23 | Male | Human | Fairground Gates (Outside) | Tags: Human Group
He looks over at Ezra as he stomps through the gates. "Come on you lot. We'd better get following him. Wouldn't want him to get spirited away now, wouldn't we?" He laughs at his joke, before following Ezra through the gates, expecting the others to follow through soon after.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:09 am

Amiko Kurona- Ami, Iko- genderfluid- 22- Pan; crush on Robin and Ezra- werewolf (white toed black)- horse carting- Oki x Mira: Nira (Nora), Rian (Rien), Brynn; Coro, Dira- Tags: Robin, Alex

The horses, a black one and a white one, had been returned to the caretaker. That had been before Ami had gone to change. The tan skinned beauty, with almond shaped blue gray eyes, now hummed. Ami batted at the shoulder length hair. The werewolf purebred nearly jumped when addressed. Ami quickly nodded to the cute nonbinary one.

The short and slender one then looked to Alex as he spoke. A nod was seen from the black haired werewolf. Ami smiled and said "Thank you for the honor. Well, I mean...to me it's an honor," was then quickly said.

Anwin Briar- An- agender- 24- Pan; open- human- Louis x Penny ('witch')- 3 family cats (Cheshire, Sylvana, Morry)- chocolate lab Henry for their partial blindness- Tags: human group

The shorter and slender tanned one, with lighter vitiligo, nodded at the others. Green and brown sectoral eyes looked. The dark brown straight haired one laughed. They hid it behind a hand, however. They then nodded to Gerald, saying "Yeah, let's get in there." They quickly followed the others up to the gates, and through them.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThundersFriends » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Taurus: 21 (shapeshifter-(human form), teleporting) [location- outside the Juice bar] job: Security. Tags: open

He was on duty today. He was kind of tired and not in the mood to talk to people. He had a small fight with his brother this morning over something stupid like a few dishes or something stupid. I don't know, he can’t remember. He was still kind of mad about it but felt guilty. He didn't like guilt and would rather avoid feeling like that. no better way to do that than putting a mango tropical smoothie in your belly right?

He was in his security suit, the taser in his belt, his shiny badge... that's really the only thing Taurus likes about wearing this thing. He got a shiny looking badge. that somehow gave him some sort of power. or respect. whichever one it was Taurus valued it. Taurus never exactly liked the idea that they allowed humans to be here. he thought of them as stupid, powerless, and lower than him. yeah, that's a little racist.... but he is working on it. He just recently decided that not ALL humans are bad. and is willing to give every person he meets a chance... at least he is trying.

He looked at his golden watch on his left wrist to check the time. He still had a long while before his shift was over. he sighed dropping his arm to his side. At least he had paperwork to keep him busy. He will come here every so often to work on his papers. He never liked the office job. he would work in an office; he just wouldn't enjoy it so much. its why he liked to come here. slurp dem smoothies and listen to people just talk about stuff. not trying to be nosy. it was just something to listen to. a lot better to listen to than buffering printers and hole punchers.

He fixed his suit nice and tidy and walked in the Jamba Juice. It seemed it wasn't so busy. he walked in. it smelled like-... well juice... fruits. which was, kind of a nice smell. He had a sack lunch in his other hand with a stack of file cases in his arm. The hand with the watch was free. He walked up to the bar and waited in line for someone to give service.

Thunder: 22 (Shapeshifter- (human form) Mind control/Manipulation [location- Flower shop] Tags: open

He was the owner of the flower shop. It was in his own garden that he built himself. You had everyday flowers as well as enchanted flowers. But the enchanted flowers were more for decoration rather than sale.

Thunder was feeling a little down today. him and his brother had a small argument before leaving for work. Thunder couldn't help but feel guilty for starting the whole thing. he blamed himself and planned to apologize over supper or something. He hated this feeling.
He had a thick waterproof apron on that was a dark green to match the greenery of the plants which surrounded the walls of this little shop. He was watering the flowers and richening the soil, so the flowers remained healthy and bright. He didn't get customers very often. mostly because creatures don't care much about flowers and plants... at least not as much as him and his brother. Thunder didn't mind the quite environment of this small shop. It was quite peaceful and calming. little humid but still nice.

He spends all day taking care of the plants in the shop. every day of the week. even when the shop was closed. It's a nice calm safe place in a way. and the flowers always seem to brighten the mood. but the shop was open now. he wasn't expecting to have any customers today... he mostly never gets more than 2-3 a day. so, while he waited for a customer to roll in, he would hum to a little playlist he made for himself with all his favorite songs. and right now, good life by OneRepublic.

Ember: 24 (Human) [location- Outside Fairground Gates.] Tags: Human group

She had an old map in front of her face, trying to find her big brother. one day he went on a mission to find a place called the Fairgrounds. He made it sound magical and wonderful in every way. but after he left, he never came back. She had been looking all over for him. it's like he just disappeared off the face of the world. She was on a quest to find him.

she walked with her nose on the map turning it all sorts of ways as she wandered through the thickly overgrown deep green forest. She was finding it difficult to walk with so many vines and rocks on the floor. She tripped a few times. but got back to her feet. she wasn't gunna let some floppy forest vines and stumps stop her from finding her brother.

She wandered in the deep forest a while longer before she tripped once again, her bag flung forward and overhead, her books, pencils, all her research just got yeeted! "BUTTER BUISCUTS!!!! THESE STUPID VINES!" she shouted in anger towards the bag. but when she looked ahead. The bag wasn't there. just more forest. "Oh no," she said "no no no no no WAIT!" She stood up quickly and scanned the floor around her in search of her bag, she skipped a few steps in front of her with desperate eyes. "No no no where are you" she spun around looking for it. everything just looked the same. trees, bark, plants, vines, stumps, roots, it was all the same. She spun around in a circle again and took a step forward. A vine was wrapped around her foot and held her to the earth. When she tried to take that next step, she tripped and fell on the floor.

She was quick to put herself back to her feet. It seemed when she tried to free her foot her boot became loose. so, she hops on one foot trying to fit the boot back onto her foot. Finally, she was now able to be independent on her feet. Only now did she realize she isn't where she was before. It was full of people and animals, a whole hidden world here. She was impressed by how beautiful it was. She pulled out her map and looked at it to see if she could find where she was. there wasn't a place on the map. "Oh my gosh..." She felt the excitement rushing through her blood now. "Oh my gosh I FOUND IT!" she said in an excited, accomplished, and reliving voice. "I can't believe I found it. the lost land of The Fairgrounds!! I found it all on my own! I KNEW IT WAS REAL" she shouted with all the happiness in her sole. Now there was one thing left to do. "Now, to find out what happened to my brother." she said looking around once again for her bag which she believed was tossed over here when she tripped.

(I'm sorry this one is long. i made it as short as i could trying to make sense of how they grow in here rather than just throwing them in like hey i exist now bc that's just lame and not fun to read about. so here i hope you guys like it. sorry i made you read so much i promise this is probably going to be the only time its this long)
ThundersFriends

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueerChaos » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Greyson Soot | Vampire | Location: Their Stall/Café | Tags: Open/Encouraged

Greyson leaned against the counter of his stall as he dried some dishes from the day before. He quickly finished as there wasn't much and stood near the register while pulling a book out of one of their pockets, waiting for costumers.
Last edited by QueerChaos on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

He/Him
I'm absolutely obsessed with sharks, feel free to ask me about them anytime!! I have plenty of facts to share
90s/2000s emo media has my heart
I love rock music!!
I can always dm!!!
QueerChaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:32 am

Olivier Sparks
23|Male|Half-Elf
Tagged: Hotaru, Jones, Taurus
"I have no doubt that you do." Olivier said to Hotaru, with a bright grin. It was quiet now, most of the main crowd having dissipated as he'd served them. He liked to hold a conversation with the other Fairground workers that hung around his juice bar - making the occasional interruption to serve a customer - especially as it was the best way to get to know the others, since he didn't often get a chance to leave the area.

He glanced over when he saw someone else approach the bar - Taurus, the security of the Fairground. Making sure everyone was safe and there wasn't any trouble. Olivier stepped over to be in front of Taurus. "Good afternoon, Taurus! What'll it be today?" he greeted, with a warm smile. He spotted the bag and stack of files that Taurus held, and Olivier raised an eyebrow. "Staying in to work? There's plenty of space at the bar!" he asked, and gestured towards the counter, where there were a few empty seats - save for the spaces where Hotaru and Jones were.

Robin Dakota
22|Nonbinary|Siren
Tagged: Alex, Amiko
Robin nodded in agreement as Alex spoke, answering Amiko. "Yes, of course it's okay." they replied, and gestured towards the empty seats. "Feel free to sit anywhere you'd like." Robin smiled at Amiko softly, noticing how they seemed to be acting.
They shook their head a little at Alex's words as well - the demon was always looking forward to luring in any humans that might have stumbled upon the Fairground. They didn't mind humans so much - but they did feel a little awkward knowing that there could be humans around.

Robin carefully repositioned the violin under their chin. Here they went. They started to play a song, drawing the bow across the strings carefully focusing hard to try and make sure they didn't mess up. They really wanted to show Amiko... and Alex, that they were still up to a high standard and excellent.

Ezra Callahan
22|Male|Human
Tagged: Other humans
He crossed the boundary of the Fairground gates, and the change was almost instant. Whereas before, outside the gates, it seemed quiet and deserted, now that he was inside the Fairground, there was a bustle of activity, visitors and stalls and much more. For a few moments, Ezra was shocked, unable to think of anything to say. But then, he scoffed, and folded his arms, looking deeply unimpressed. "Seriously? Clearly the rest of town found out we were going to visit and got other people to come here before us." he declared, entirely ignoring the fact that he didn't even vaguely recognise anyone that he could see - but then again, it wasn't as if he could see the rest of the Fairground anyway, so he reasoned that there were more people further in. He was also blatantly ignoring the fact that a lot of the people here didn't quite seem human, but that was just a trick of light... right? Well of course it was. There couldn't possibly be anything else going on.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:08 am

Amiko Kurona- Ami, Iko- genderfluid- 22- Pan; crush on Robin and Ezra- werewolf (white toed black)- horse carting- Oki x Mira: Nira (Nora), Rian (Rien), Brynn; Coro, Dira- Tags: Robin, Alex

The horses, a black one and a white one, had been returned to the caretaker. That had been before Ami had gone to change. The tan skinned beauty, with almond shaped blue gray eyes, now hummed. Ami batted at the shoulder length hair. The werewolf purebred looked to Alex as he spoke. A nod was seen from Ami, to Alex.

The short and slender one then looked to Robin once more. Ami smiled sweetly and said "Okay, and thank you for letting me stay." The black haired one looked to the seats. Ami chose one closer to the front, and sat down there. The Japanese werewolf then waited for Alex to sit. If the demon so chose to sit, that was; and Ami looked to Robin.

Anni Oakly- An, Ni- f- 22- Siren- water animal show (idk)- Pan; open- Rodric x Laurie; Niel (18)- Tags: Thunder

The redhead had been practicing with her animals earlier that day. She did shows in the afternoon, unlike most of the others. She'd practiced in the morning. She'd just gotten done with a show, though there hadn't been many watchers. She smiled as she patted the sea lions. The killer whale was kept in the tank. Well actually, he had the outside one and an inside one, which were connected. The tube was big enough for him to swim through. It could also be closed off on either side. She hummed and got out of the water, Koi tail becoming legs.

She'd gotten in the water with the sea lions after the show. She now left them to go get Merr back into his indoor enclosure. She fed him a late lunch, then brought the sea lions in. She fed them as well, then the five four girl left. She changed into a blue shirt and green bottoms. The pretty redhead, with wavy ends and a part, hummed. She had lighter tan skin, and freckles across the nose and cheeks. The girl with turquoise eyes decided to visit Thunder.

The sweet and tolerant but stubborn and fiery one was in the mood for flowers. She headed over to his stand/shop. The water/water animal lover walked in. The fire and loud noise disliking one said "Thunder! What kind of flowers do you have today? Anything new? Anything exotic?" she asked. She then took a small breath.

The shorter and slender tanned one, with lighter vitiligo, nodded at the others. Green and brown sectoral eyes looked. The dark brown straight haired one nodded to Gerald. They said "Yeah, let's get in there."

They watched as Ezra finally stepped through, and they went in next. They saw the place was bustling with activity. "Hah, it isn't abandoned!" they said in an excited tone. They ignored his comment about the town doing this.

Liem White- m- 20- human- bi; open- Greg x Lorie; Lila (twin)- Bruno; Chanelle- book editor- Tags: open-> group technically

The average height creamy skinned Canadian hummed as he walked. The blonde and blue eyed, partially blind male stopped a moment. He'd thought he'd heard someone yelling in the woods...He shook his head, and continued on. He was wearing casual clothes, a blue shirt and some bottoms. The kind and caring but wild and loud one walked. He soon found the gates. He saw a woman nearby, then headed through. Another group was there ahead of him, and he saw all the people and stalls. He was in wonder of the clearly not abandoned place.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby javitaxy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:23 am

Caspar Jones - 35 - Male - Human - Location: Fairground Entrance - Tags: Human group

As he stood in front of the gates, he questioned if it really had been a good idea to come with this particular group of people. At least, he managed to convince Ezra to go first somehow. One after another, people started crossing the gates... but as Caspar stared at their backs, something was... off. Did they disappear? Clearly that wasn't possible, right?
He took a step forward, crossing the gate. Those ahead of him reappeared in front of his eyes, but that wasn't the only thing: people, or what looked like people, were seen walking around, talking, as if they had always been there. The place was pretty active all of a sudden. Naturally, Caspar couldn't believe any of it. After a few seconds of shock, he turns to look back. Was there some kind of optical illusion that hid what was beyond those gates? That couldn't be it, they could barely hear anything before getting to... wherever they are right now.

He realised his mouth was open in surprise, and faked a cough to try and hide it. He realised he wasn't the only one feeling like this as he turned to look at Ezra. "I... doubt that's the case" he said in response to his comment. "Do you really believe this is all just a prank?" Nobody would go to those lengths to trick them. However, he had attended some spectacular magic shows before and knew that with a couple of light or computer effects, anything could seem real. That could possibly explain the entrance gates things. Maybe. And perhaps this was one of those themed events he had heard about. Yeah, the horns and fangs he saw on that guy walking by in the distance was just an elaborate costume.

Yeah, not even he believes that. Something unexplainable was definitely going on, and he had to find out what it was. He could only hope these... creatures didn't mind outsiders.
javitaxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me