DEEP RED (OPEN AND ACCEPTING)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

DEEP RED (OPEN AND ACCEPTING)

Postby Egg With Legs » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 am

Humanity is dying.

Once, decades ago, humanity spread across its solar system. Space stations, ranging from research bases to orbital habitats, could be found in all corners of the solar system, circling planetoids or in wide orbits around the sun. Mars was rapidly growing into a second Earth through extensive terraforming, one fit to grant humanity's immense population much needed breathing room. Every month, there seemed to be some other new probe or voyage planned to further humanity's exploration of the stars.

And then, everything vanished.

Every planet.

Every star.

Everything but those stations and ships still hanging in the void.

This event came to be known as the Quiet Rapture.

With supplies dwindling and infrastructure crumbling, the remnants of humanity scrabble among themselves for whatever resources they can amid a universe of derelict structures and barren moons, lit by the ghostlight of long dead stars.

One such moon holds a strange anomaly; an ocean of blood. In a desperate of finding something to give them more time, your station has sent the last of its scientific vessels, the Compass, to investigate, bearing valuable supplies and even more valuable fuel to survey various parts of the anomaly.

They did not return.

Satellite imaging were able to discover its location. It was found in pieces.

Now, a second expedition has been sent, one which you are a part of. Your mission is to locate the Compass using its black box signal, salvage whatever data and supplies remain aboard the vessel, and return to your station.

Your ship shall be the Son of Schiaparelli, an orbital cargo hauler, with a crew of six. Once captain, one security officer, one scientist, and 3 convicts. If successful, they will earn their freedom.

You have been allocated 5 days of food, 5 days of water, 5 days of oxygen, enough fuel for a return trip, and the topographical map of the area the Compass was located.

Touchdown is in 5 minutes.

(Based on the game 'Iron Lung')
Last edited by Egg With Legs on Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DEEP RED (RULES AND INFO)

Postby Egg With Legs » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:47 am

The Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. All of Tess's rules still apply.
2. Decent grammar and a lack of 1-3 liners is a must here.
3. If you are going to be inactive for a time, please alert both those you are rping with and myself.
4. Only one character per person please
5. Remember the time honored tradition of the Fade To Black. Use it, and use it well.
6. Powergaming is a no. If you seek to do something, give others the freedom to react rather than dictating it yourself.
7. Be rootin, be tootin, but most of all, be kind beyond the rp.
8. There shall be limited slots for this rp. Reservations for roles shall be held for 2 days. Additional slots shall not come to pass, barring any convincing ideas or arguments for extra characters.

The Discussion Thread

The Discord

The Characters
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Captain - The person assigned to lead this expedition, if reluctantly. Former captain of one of the vessels making up the Waystation. The only member of the crew to have seen Earth before the Rapture. Personally believes that this entire trip is a waste of resources that's spending more than they stand to gain on some strange rock, but is dedicated to the people on the station he serves to see the mission through, if for the hope it'll bring than anything else. Prioritize the wellbeing of their crew over anything else. Holds special orders to be opened after the black box is recovered.

The Security Officer - The person assigned to handle the convicts. Former security personnel of the Station, and veteran of the Station - Eden conflict. Fully believes in the necessity of the mission's success, at any cost. Does want to keep resource waste to a minimum, and trusts the captains judgement there, for the time being. A person fully dedicated to the station itself. Holds special orders to be opened after the black box is recovered.

The Scientist - The person assigned to retrieve the Black Box, as well as any other data left on the sub, as well as assessing any anomalies encountered on the trip. Were very close with the rest of the scientists aboard the Compass, and has joined to make their deaths worth something. Someone dedicated to those their close to, and damn the others.

The Young Convict - The person assigned to serve as a general assistant to the crew for their freedom. Imprisoned for dereliction of duty. A second generation resident of the Waystation and the youngest member of the crew. Has grown embittered with the necessities of life aboard the Station. Volunteered so they could return to their loved ones. Dedicated to their friends and loved ones, stationside.

The Old Convict - The person assigned to piloting the Son of Schiaparelli for their freedom. Imprisoned as a prisoner of war during the Waystation - Eden conflict. The original pilot of the Son of Schiaparelli, and a former resident of the Eden. The only member of the crew to have seen Mars before the Rapture. Wants to secure the future for those who'll come after him. Volunteered to keep themselves from being a waste of space. Dedicated to the future of humanity, at his own expense if need be.

The Unwilling Convict - The person assigned to handle salvaging duties for their freedom. Imprisoned for dereliction of duty. A salvager involved in cleanup after the Waystation - Eden conflict. Has since lost all hope of humanity having any chance of recovering from the Rapture. Was press-ganged due his expertise. Dedicated to nothing at the moment, and is just going through the motions.
Last edited by Egg With Legs on Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DEEP RED (INFORMATION AND NOTES)

Postby Egg With Legs » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:32 pm

The Known Universe

The Waystation - Waystation 6, now known as the Waystation, is your home port, and one of the few remaining organized groups of humanity left in the universe. Formerly composed of 3 space stations and 2 large spaceships, they have formed an alliance centered on collective use of resources and democratic rule. However, recent shortages and the events of the Waystation - Eden conflict resulted in the necessity of more draconian rulings, as well as the cannibalization of one of the stations. Current population - 273

The Eden - Orbital Habitat 1, now known as Eden, is the largest manmade structure still inhabited by humanity in the known universe. Previously serving as a waystation for the influx of colonists coming to Mars, Eden still seeks to maintain their patriotism and independence. Currently, they are engaged in a cold war with the Waystation after suffering significant losses in the Station - Eden conflict. Current population - 523

Moon A-3 - The blood moon the Waystation currently orbits. Without atmosphere or landmasses above its ocean, A-3 is an anomaly amid an empty universe. Its seas seem unaffected by temperature, its sea floor seems to shift between scans, and any attempts to penetrate farther than the ocean's surface from orbit have failed. The fact that the Waystation is willing to commit so many resources to this unknown speaks volumes about its troubles.

Son of Schiaparelli - A cargo hauler taken from Eden during the Station - Eden conflict. Originally designed to fit a crew of 2, it has been retrofitted to serve as a transport for Eden security forces and salvage groups, with its cargo compartment retrofitted to seat an additional 6, as well as a reinforced hull. Further modifications under the ownership of the Waystation have added to this seating to form a cramped, makeshift crew quarters (featuring hammocks), a secondary airlock with 2 spacesuit storage units, external proximity sensors, coordinate readout for easier map navigation, and a primitive camera capable of penetrating the murk, if only one picture at a time.

The Notes

As I used to, I shall be running this RP in a more Dungeon Master role, setting up the various external trials and tribulations the crew shall face. I, however, would also very much encourage internal conflict amid the crew, as well as setting up potential relations between various members of the crew prior to the events of the rp.

I shall also be creating a discord to supply more information and to ease communication on character ideas and the rp's direction.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DEEP RED (OPEN AND ACCEPTING)

Postby Egg With Legs » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:43 am

open and accepting by the by

Last bumped by Egg With Legs on Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:43 am.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me