{open + accepting} A ~ R O S E ~ T I N T E D ~ W A L T Z

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

{open + accepting} A ~ R O S E ~ T I N T E D ~ W A L T Z

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:43 pm

~

C L E A R ~ W A T E R S ~ & ~ B L U E ~ S K I E S

♛ a modern-day fairytale ♛

A L T E R N A T E

A LETTER TO VARIOUS PRINCES AND PRINCESSES IN NEIGHBORING KINGDOMS

~

-TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN-

If you are reading this, then you have been invited to the upcoming Masquerade in the Kingdom of Fleur to celebrate the eldest princess' coming-of-age!

DATE ~ The 13th of December

LOCATION ~ The Royal Ballroom

Dancing and music will be encouraged; refreshments will be provided.

R.S.V.P at least 7 days beforehand if you are unable to attend

~

"Haven't you heard? There was a mysterious fellow in a mask that covered half of his face who said in the tavern that he plans on attending."

"But did he even have an invitation?"

"Je ne sais pas. I just happened to be there at the tavern when he waltzed on in and brought up the upcoming masquerade in his conversation..."

"Strange fellow! And donning a mask on his face, as well... Did you at least catch the monsieur's name?"

"Ah... See, now that's the strange part... He refers to himself as Le Phantom Rose. And he specifically said that he had some interest in a particular belle femme who would be attending..."

"Mon dieu! Did he say who?!"

"Non, he didn't... But whoever the mademoiselle is that Monsieur Phantom has his eye on, she had best watch her back. This monsieur has a strange vibe to him that doesn't seem to be good news..."

~

PLOT (in case you didn't catch it):

There is a royal masquerade in a French-cultured kingdom celebrating the eldest princess' 18th birthday. But there is gossip of a mysterious guy wearing a mask who is attending with no known invitation.
And he is interested in one of the girls at the ball.
Who?
... That's the problem; no one knows.
But the masquerade is bound to get chaotic unless everything is figured out ASAP.
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:53 am, edited 17 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

R U L E S

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:47 pm

~

ALL OF TESS' RULES ALSO APPLY

~

~POST ALL CHARACTER FORMS IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3258961&p=103940945
~THERE IS A SMALL LIST OF MAJOR CHARACTERS! ALL OF THEM MUST BE RESERVED IN ORDER FOR THE RP TO START!

~Try to have diverse characters! (limit overused stereotypes, gender-biases, etc.)
~No god-modding/all-knowing characters/"Mary-Sues" or "Gary-Sues"
~Disabling signatures to prevent clutter is recommended
~LIMIT OF 2 MAJOR CHARACTERS PER PERSON (royal-family friends included)
~If OOC, use (), [], or {} around your text to avoid confusion
~You must have permission before disposing of someone else's character!
~No drama/flame-wars/fighting while OOC
~PLEASE ADD THE SENTENCE "THE PHANTOM SEES ME" TO AT LEAST ONE OF YOUR CHARACTER FORMS TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE READ ALL THE RULES AND INFORMATION

~Try to have fun! \(o.o)/

~
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

C H A R A C T E R ~ L I S T

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 pm

~

EDIT: ALL MAJOR CHARACTERS TAKEN!! ACCEPTING ONLY 2 MORE FRIENDS AND LIMITLESS GUARDS/SERVANTS/OTHER GUESTS!!

(INFORMATION ON MAJOR CHARACTERS (marked with a *) WILL BE IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM)

*THE PHANTOM ROSE:
Name Unknown

(i'm dead. holy crap- x///x)

*THE HOSTS:
Queen Raina
King Leoroy

*THE ELDEST PRINCESS:
Princess Rosabelle

*THE YOUNGER PRINCESS:
Princess Rachel

*THE PRINCE:
Prince Ren

*THE SPOILED GUEST PRINCESS:
Princess Carmelita (LEFT)

*THE SELFISH GUEST PRINCE:
Prince Guillaume

FRIENDS OF THE ROYAL CHILDREN (maximum of 6 for convenience):
Prince Antoine
Princess Sylvia
Isabella
Princess Sunset

GUARDS (limitless):
Jason Adonis
Maxim (LEFT)
Noah
Maura Bloodsong

SERVANTS (limitless):
Penny Ash
Vanessa
Dequan
Randolph Tethers

THE OTHER GUESTS (limitless):
Princess Shaehun Valus - her guard Lucas Pelagia
Prince Akira - Prince Sora
Tavish Finnegan DeGroot
Mick Mundy
Aristide LaFleur
Fortem Una

~
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 52 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {open + accepting} A ~ R O S E ~ T I N T E D ~ W A L T

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 am

NOW OPEN!
POST ALL CHARACTER FORMS HERE!
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm

STARTER:

~

It is the night of the ball. The guests are already arriving to the castle, donning their masks and their finest clothes. Lovely ladies and dashing men were strutting into the ballroom arm-in-arm, being greeted by the royal servants and the exquisite music playing in the background. Some stepped out onto the dance floor and twirled their partners in their arms as others gossiped and waited patiently for the royal family to appear after finishing necessary preparations.
Everyone was expecting to have a wonderful time...

Very few aware of what could be in store for them tonight...

~
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ohkami » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Ren | Male | 15 | Royal Prince | Tag/s: Open

"Well, this won't do," Ren muttered to himself. He stopped, holding up a part of his outfit he was to wear tonight with a slight frown. As he tossed it on his bed, his gaze went to the window of his room, causing him to walk over. While normally he would not in only his undershirt, and not his full outfit on, the noise outside cause the young prince curiosity he could not ignore. While he knew tonight was the night of his sister's Masquerade, to celebrate her coming of age, he had not expected so many people. They had balls in the palace before, but in truth, normally Ren only went for a while or not at all due to his age, but as this was to celebrate his eldest sister, the normal rules of the night/day were different.

The young prince sighed, as he ran a hand through his blonde hair. He would much prefer to go back to what he was doing earlier in the day, when wanting to get away from all the fuss of the party, he had mounted his horse and went off for a ride. He had planned oringslly to go alone, but when his childhood friend had noticed Ren about to mound, Antoine had requested to join him, and he had agreed. Which in honesty, Ren was fine with, as it was nice to have someone with on his ride besides the guards that were forced to go alone even if he did not want it so. On the castle grounds or not, once outside the walls of the palace, as like he rest of his family, he was always to be followed by at least one guard.

Ren stepped away as he tired of people watching, as it was all the same, everyone dressed up, getting out of their carriage, arm in arm and coming into the palace. "This is one thing I cannot get my head around when it comes to females," Ren complained before going back over to his bed, and went on putting in his outfit for the night, half expecting his bedroom to open at anytime, just because he felt that he was taking his time doing something, someone always came in to distract him - by someone normally his mother or a sister.
Last edited by Ohkami on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ohkami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EO+RS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Guillaume de Sauveterre male.nineteen.foreign princetagged: [edge of the dance floor]
Guillaume had spared no expense in dressing himself for this masquerade. He was dressed in the very latest fashion made from the finest materials he could find, tailored well to his body. He had ignored the rumors of a supposed rose phantom arriving at the ball, they meant nothing. Particularly when held against the prospect of possibly marrying a princess, which would secure him wealth and power, and perhaps all his work at his own country's court would not be wasted, as he could then be a prince consort with influence on the affairs of another country. That would be truly something.

Since the royals had not yet appeared, he was amusing himself by getting to know some of the local aristocrats, putting on his best charm and most winning smile for them. Yes, oh how terrible that social event must have been, how boring. He identified the most influential within the small group he was getting to know, and took the opportunity to jokingly disparage the fashion choices of another, less influential courtesan with him. He was glad to see that at least some of Fleur's nobility were easily persuaded to think favorably of him. If he could get one to introduce him to the princess directly, rather than simply being one of the crowd, he felt he might have an upper hand in this competition for her hand.

Antoine Laurentmale.thirteen.nobles' sontagged: [waiting for the prince]
Antoine had been roundly scolded by his mother for going riding with the prince earlier that day, because he had come home "all sweaty and reeking of the stable". Now his cheeks were scrubbed almost raw from the wash she'd ordered him to take, and he was in fresh clothes, real finery, awaiting the arrival of the royals. Having spent most of his available time with them, he had essentially nobody else to talk to there. So, he continued to wait, nervous blue eyes peaking out from behind his mask and watching the other ball-goers arriving in small groups or alone. He liked comparing how well each was dressed with the next. One man passed him in nearly perfect attire, of the latest fashions, well-tailored in fine material, who he guessed might be a foreign prince or at least a duke. The next who passed him was in fine attire, but not nearly to the same lavish standard- certainly a noble, but perhaps one who has had it hard by.

He thought back to the ride he had gone on with the prince earlier. It had been beautiful- the day was crisp and the indoors were stuffy. He'd spotted Ren leaving and had made an excuse to go outside after him. On impulse he had asked the older boy if he might ride too, and the prince had agreed. The blue eyes in the mask glazed over as he recalled the ride happily, and he grew less aware of his surroundings. Eventually it occurred to him that the royals might not be coming in through the same entrance as the rest of the gathering crowd, and this snapped him out of his reverie and back into the real world. He looked out on the dance floor at the first sets of dancing couples. If he were to dance, who would it be with?

For some reason his thoughts drifted back to Prince Ren. To stop this train of thought, he imagined Ren standing next to him, daring him to ask a girl, any girl, to dance. He didn't want to, really, but he supposed dancing with Princess Rachel would be nice- she was fun and a good friend. But his mind simply wouldn't picture himself dancing with her, or any other girl that passed, though he tried very hard. He sighed, supposing he had to wait a while longer for the royals to come out. He stood quite still, out of the way of the main crowd, watching the dancers.
EO+RS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightschade » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:16 pm

Penny Ash// Female// 15// Servant// Open

Penny sighed as she hurried around the kitchen with many other servants getting ready to serve everything. She straightened out her dress as an older woman walked up to her. "Here." The older woman said, handing her a tray that had glasses of water on it. They wouldn't be serving wine until later in the night, plus she's a bit young to carry alcohol. She sighed, walking towards the door to enter the ballroom, the side of her dress got caught on the table and ripped slightly but she ignored it. No one would actually ever pay attention to it, so she waved it off as she exited the kitchen and walked down the hall and entered the ballroom. She walked through the crowds, a few waters being taken from the tray.

Jason Adonis// Male// 20//Guard// Open

Jason stood up against the wall, his armor weighing him down slightly as he stood among others. His hand rested on his longsword.

{{Sorry I'm on mobile and low muse for Jason}}
Nightschade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 pm

🌹
Le Phantom Rose
Age Unknown
Male
Tags
xxxx

The soft clopping of black steel toed boots, the striking of a signature silver topped cane, and the scent of roses. These three things made heads turn and eyes follow the black clad male as he walked, his tall figure leaving a striking shadow that was just as conspicuous to those who saw. They all knew of him. His name has been circling the kingdom for two longs days since his sudden proposal of attendance to the wide announced party. And yet seeing him still made others stunned into silence. His black blowing in the evening wind, his black mask shining in the setting sun, it was unmistakable. That smug yet charming smile could only belong to one man.
Le Phantom Rose
The name began whispers as the man sauntered his way through the town to his destination. The woman swooned as he waved at them, men forgot how to breath with just on smile. But they all knew their love would be unrequited, for he had his eyes on one girl. And that girl was at the castle. The Phantom walked with even strides to that very spot, a man with a purpose. And only chaos would pursue with his arrival. He knew the party had already started, but he didn't care. Late was a fashion he wore with pride after all. That and he just enjoyed making an entrance.
He was standing outside the castle now, taking in the sight of the well hung decor as well as the guard who stood at the entrance checking for invitations. He did not own one though, for he wasn't invited in the first place. But that didn't worry the bachelor himself. He found a lady, one who arrived to the party alone, gave her a kiss on the hand and complimented her stunning appearance. A few sweet words and a white lie later, she allowed him to accompany her inside, sharing an invite as a couple and thus making it past the guards. He thanked the woman, bowing to her and promising her a dance before disappearing from her view before she wished for more of his attention. He couldn't waste anymore time with her though because, as fore-mentioned, this man was on a mission.
Méfiez-vous mon cher. The Phantom sees you~

Queen Raina II
Thirty-Nine
Female
Tags
Prince Ren

Queen Raina stood on the fitting platform, rambling on about the things that need to be done to ensure that her sweet little Rosabelle's party went on without a hitch. Dozens of servants flocked around her, a few fitting her into her ball gown, a couple doing her hair, makeup. Others were assisting in some way, shape or form, but the queen all to lost in listing off things to the head butler Isaac. "Now, the dessert table should be chocolate and fruits, some variants may suffice but run them by either me or you yourself Issac. Tell the chef that cinnamon is not allowed. I have received RSVP's that stated they were allergic. And please see to it that the Prince and Princesses have a private room to rest and recuperate. Dear Ren seems to just dread parties I'm afraid and I'd hate to have him leave the castle for any reason." She continued, Isaac writing everything as she lifted off things.
A few more minutes and had been fully fitted. Her gown a large soft blue dress that matched her eyes, adorned with white frills and laces. There were still some final touches that needed to be added but she wanted the help to have a break. She had stopped them and all their fiddling in her hair just for that reason. "I shall return after I check on the children. Isaac have a glass of water brought here for me. When I do return, I would like to finish up as soon as possible so I can finally great my early arriving guest. We just need to put on the last of the flowers in my hair and on my gown no? Should not take long." She smiled before stepping gracefully down and making her way outt of her fitting room and down the hall to Prince Ren's room. Upon arrival, she gave a soft knock. "Ren darling, how was your midday riding with your friend? Did the two of you enjoy yourselves?" She asked as she stepped into the room, beaming that wonderful smile of hers.
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ohkami » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:21 am

Ren | Male | 15 | Royal Prince | Tag/s: Open

Ren buttoned up the last part of his outfit as he heard the quiet knock on the door. How was it that he had already knew this would happen. "Oh, good evening, Mother," he said with a soft smile upon his lips, and a kind tone in his voice as he saw it was his mother coming in. He was a bit relieved, as he did not feel like dealing with his sisters right now. He did care for them, but just as these dances and parties were, they could be an annoying pain as well. "The ride was well, as lucky the weather wasn't that cold, and the snow on the ground from the other day was melted, but sadly the pond by the south gardens has a thin layer only of ice over it." It was not that Ren would have tried to skate on the ice, as he did not enjoy it - just the cold from the wind made me fatigued and he had a fear of the ice breaking under him, even though his siblings and their friends always managed to get him on it when they all went out together to the pond after a true frost, but he did like to do the childish things of skipping rocks. "By the way, Mother, you already look splendid for tonight, as always." Ren already knew his mother was still not fully done dressing, as she did enjoy a little more of a flare in her outfits than he had on now. Even though he was not happy about the future events of the night, he had asked Antoine about it, and was told he would be there, so at least Ren would have someone to speak with, though he also felt a certain maid would be around as well, which caused a slight frown at the thought. Though, he also thought how he would have to dance with a few ladies, which made him even more depressed than before as that was not something he was too fond of, as you had to make the dull small talk as you danced together. "Do you think the rumors going around if that strange man are true though?"
Ohkami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me