Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Awinita by Vampiric

Artist Vampiric [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
76 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Awinita

Postby Vampiric » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am

Art+Character trade with Chia.

/o/ Character belongs to Chia.

Comments welcome ono
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Awinita

Postby vinyl » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:43 am

aw,so pretty! fauns are always really cool ;w;

hi i'm ryn
adult, she/her
vinyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm

aaaaaaaa thank you so much omg she looks perfect !!!! ; v ;
Chia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco-chan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Looks awesome vampiric !
If I keep having things snatched away from me,
I’m going to go insane

Coco-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:28 am

How to make friends wrote:We decided on a plan of action to try and lure these creatures closer. Using some of the metal rods from the repair storage, and our soldering laser, we crafted a small but rigid cage which we placed one of the hard shelled creatures inside. We put the cage outside our craft relatively closely and set about waiting behind some equipment for cover.

Sure enough, one of the largest of the herd approached to inspect the contraption. It must have found it rather odd, but too tempting to resist with the food stored inside it. As expected, it did attempt to kick at the cage to break it.. however we tugged it slightly before damage could be done. Bit by bit we drew it closer, close enough to really get a thorough look at this specimen.

It had strongly muscled hind quarters, which given the strength of it's kicks and the speed at which we saw them running.. makes perfect sense. It's front feet are much more flattened and dextrous with thick pads beneath. Very pointed and large ears which can rotate backwards for localising sounds. A broad snout that draws up to meet a pair of starkly intense eyes. Most of these traits I have seen before on a variety of species before.

The creature lost interest in our caged treat after it was dragged too close to our proximity for its liking, and it turned and bolted away for the herd.

There was one thing we all fixated on in that brief encounter. Its horn, as uniquely shaped as it is, almost seems out of place on this creature. We debated the true purpose of it over our next meal. Is it ornamental? Is it for displaying to attract mates? Is it a tool for hunting either on land or even underwater?

I would love to see one of these creatures swimming, if they can. Is it foolish of me to think we may gain enough trust by wary proximity for them to allow us to continue observing and perhaps even interacting?
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me