A BIG City (Zootopia Roleplay) || New & Accepting

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

A BIG City (Zootopia Roleplay) || New & Accepting

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:51 pm

Discussion and Form thread!

You can use any character in this image for your own characters, if you want.
-removed-

Zootopia! A gleaming city, where predators and prey live in harmony!

Except...no, they don't all live in harmony.

When the Zootopia Police Department's (ZPD) own rabbit officer, Judith Laverne Hopps, and her red fox partner, Nicholas Piberius Wilde, solved a political case involving a toxic flower that reverted animals to primal, dangerously aggressive temperaments, called midnicampum holicithias, or "Nighthowlers," all seemed well for Zootopia's predators; their name had been cleared...or so it seemed.

The sheep mastermind behind the Nighthowler case, Dawn Bellwether, though arrested, had succeeded with her main goal; the traditional prey animals of the city had been terrified, and could never trust predators in the same way ever again. Thusly, scientists began working on a technology that could secure predators and put prey at ease...

...the tame collar.

When it was invented and announced, Hopps - though her political partner, officer Wilde, seemed uncomfortable about the new technology - agreed with the lead scientist and new mayor, a deer called Buck Hoover, that they could try it out and use it as a final containment method if it was satisfactory. The first test subject, Buck stated in a meeting excluding her, would be Nicholas Wilde.

Without consulting the ZPD or officer Hopps, he had his assistants kidnap Wilde in order to put him under physiological stress to test out his invention. When he lashed out, he was electrocuted; it worked wonders, Buck said, and Nick was then dropped off at his home, after being knocked unconscious. Nicholas attempted to tell others about what happened, but he had little to no evidence, and at the time, he hadn't even known it was Hoover who had sent his assistants after him.

The following day, Buck Hoover told Judy Hopps about the invention's success, without mentioning Nicholas Wilde, of course, and neglecting to mention the discomfort the invention caused - just that it had indeed contained the predator that had "willfully" been tested. So, Hopps agreed, and the invention was then released to the public, and it became a requirement that every traditionally predatory animal must wear one.

But the collar was not a symbolism of acceptance as Zootopian herbivores claimed...it was a cruel restriction.

Wilde sought to tell Hopps about the collar's negativity and the unfairness of the situation, but Judy replied that it was bringing the predators and prey together once more, and that they had nothing to fear from carnivores while the collars were in affect.

Officer Wilde, months later, was able to witness a "taming party," in which a polar bear cub turned five years old, therefor old enough to receive his taming collar and "be accepted into society." He was ecstatic about his birthday party...but was then ruthlessly shocked by the collar after getting too excited. That was when Nick put his paw down. He began to rebel and started an organization, known as the "Predator Freedom & Rights Institution" (PFRI) that fought against the concept of tame collars and against predator prejudices. He urged Hopps to join the Institution, but she argued that her loyalty had to fall with the prey, admitting that she thought the predators were overreacting. Hurt, he distanced himself from her and signed off as her partner, becoming a solitary officer.

There are now two distinct sides in Zootopia...

And neither can escape the battle.

Credit to Rogue Runner for the plot, this was originally their roleplay, but they gave me permission to remake it.
Last edited by Fawnie on Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed copyrighted image
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:52 pm

RULES

1. Zootopia is set in a world where only mammals evolved to the point of civilization - that means that other animal groups, like birds, insects, reptiles, etc. have not evolved and are still primitive. Please do not use them for your characters; mammals only. I may change this rule later on if appropriate or if desirable.

2. Zootopia is also set in a world where humans never existed, which means domesticated species (such as dogs and cats) wouldn’t exist either. (This is not a hard rule, if you message me we can make an exception, but I want to try to limit the amount of domesticated species characters)

3. PLEASE don't make overpowered characters. Whether their faults are in their personalities or actual capabilities, give them some!

4. You can make your own character audition forms, but they must include essential information (character's name, age, species, district, gender, and preferably faults). I have provided one below as well, which you may edit as you please as long as it still includes those things. (Please post your forms on the discussion thread! Thanks!)

Code: Select all
 [img]Image here! [/img]

[b]Basic Identification[right]Relationships[/right][/b]

[size=85]Username: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Parent(s)/Guardian(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Full Name: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Sibling(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Nickname(s): [i]Answer here[/i][right]Offspring: [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Gender: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Cousin(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Age: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Uncle(s)/Aunt(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Species: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Grandparent(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Career: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Grandchildren: [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

District: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Other?: [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

Tame Collar?: [i]Answer here[/i][right]Friend(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

[right]Best Friend(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

[right]Crush(s): [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

[right]Boyfriend/Girlfriend: [i]Answer here[/i][/right]

[right]Spouse: [i]Answer here[/i][/right][/size]

[center][img][/img][/center]

[center][b]Details[/b]

[size=85]Ideals: [i]Answer here[/i]

Clothing: [i]Answer here[/i]

Temper/Personality: [i]Answer here[/i]

History: [i]Answer here[/i]

Strengths: [i]Answer here[/i]

Faults: [i]Answer here[/i]

Other: [i]Answer here[/i][/size][/center]

5. Please give credit to artists for drawings of characters if they are not yours.

6. You may fill out a form for Nick Wilde, Buck Hoover (fanmade character), or Judy Hopps, but one person may not be more than one of them (Buck Hoover is a male deer, the new mayor of Zootopia, and the lead scientist in the development of tame collars. He is an entirely fanmade character.)

7. Having your characters have relationships or crushes on other roleplayers' characters is encouraged; it will keep the roleplay interesting.

8. ALL carnivorous animals - and omnivorous animals, if their traditional diet is primarily meat - must wear a tame collar. If you do not know, a tame collar is a specially made collar that was scrapped early on in the original film's production. Its purpose was to keep predators harmless and in check; the light on it would turn green when the predator was content, yellow when they began to get angry or overemotional (as a warning to both the predator and those around it), and red when the collar shocked them (it shocks them harshly either when they get too angry or when they get too overemotional). The story will most likely progress towards the collar policy being abolished, though.

9. Make sure single characters who have no one else lending money to them or taking care of them have a career or some sort. The career can be just about anything, including working at the Zootopia Police Department (ZPD), the fanmade organization "Predator Freedom & Rights Institution," or even for Buck Hoover. You can also make minor locations to own or work at, such as a shop or restaurant.

10. Animals of different species can cannot have biological offspring together - they must adopt. Animals who CAN have offspring must keep the litter size realistic, even if it is something entirely ridiculous, so think about it carefully. I want to keep the roleplay realistic and faithful to the movie, after all.

11. Please try to start drama. In a roleplay as "freeform" as this one, there is no direct progression of story and there are no set events, so we have to make them ourselves. Just consult me about major story-changing plots, though.

12. Keep in mind that predators get their nutrition from food made from insects, from establishments such as "Bug Burger." They do not eat other mammals - though I will also allow them to eat small animals from non-mammal families.

13. Due to a certain remark from Nick Wilde in the original film, it appears that Zootopian citizens age in human years, not animal years. Keep that in mind.

14. There are distinct districts in Zootopia: Sahara Square, Canyonlands, Tundratown, Polar Strait, Little Rodentia, Rainforest District, Downtown, Savanna Central, Meadowlands, Canal District, Marshlands, Nocturnal District, and Outback Island. PLEASE don't make up new locations without permission.
Last edited by Cherry. on Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The characters:

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Active Characters

Example: Character's Full Name | Character's Species | Character's Gender | Character's Age | Character's Roleplayer

PREDATORS
Kayla Rose Thatcher| Cheetah | Female | 8 years| Cherry.

PREY

Meadow Dawn Moore| Deer | Female | 14 years | Cherry.

>---------->----------:----------<----------<

Relationship Key

| = Friends
>|< = Best Friends
)( = Adoptively Related
+ = Related
---> = She likes Him
<--- = He likes Her
---><--- = They like Each Other
<--> = Dating
>< = Married

>---------->----------:----------<----------<

Last edited by Cherry. on Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A BIG City (Zootopia Roleplay) || New & Accepting

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:57 pm

X
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:18 pm

Now open!
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry. » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:01 pm

Bump!
Last edited by Cherry. on Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry. » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:08 am

Cherry. wrote:Now open!
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:41 am

Username: Fiona Answer here
Parent(s)/Guardian(s): Mother is alive, father died.

Tame Collar?: Yes

Details

Clothing: Pink sweater (Not shown here, forgot to draw)

Temper/Personality: Calm, but when shes angry, shes ANGRY.

History: Born to 2 arctic wolves

Strengths: Fast, good climber

Faults: Clumsy, not a high jumper.

Other: Has two blue and yellow bracelets on her right arm. They are from her father before he died.
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viiperfang » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:47 pm

Vee

Dozens of bodies milled by, heading to and fro, for the most part ignoring those around them. A streamlined chaos, seemingly random and hazardous and yet, harmonious. Everyone moving in tandem, the faster dodging around the slower, the smaller darting through legs and over shoulders. It was both deafeningly loud and shockingly quiet, a din of noise that was tuned out as perfectly, and as instinctively as the blood beating through one's vains.

No one paid any mind to the body leaning against the side of a building, a phone held loosely in a clawed hand, foot tapping an unheard rhythm. Orange eyes watched the lunch-rush crowd, as people dipped in and out of stored, disappeared into buildings, crossed the street in front of speeding cars.

And then.

A rock in the water. A ripple effect.

A coyote stepped on the tail of a lemur. The lemur turned around, spitting insults at the offending animal, fur puffing up in anger, while the coyote tried to apologize.

A crowd formed around the two, a complete circle of strangers watching and filming the altercation. Another predator lashing out at a prey animal and forcing the poor, defenseless lemur to defend himself. It didn't matter it was an accident, or that the coyote was actively trying to defuse the situation. It would be blown out of proportion online, sides would be taken.

The body pushed off the building and slunk closer, once again falling invisible to the crowd's eye, all attention drawn to the still fuming lemur and the increasingly anxious coyote caught in the middle.

They snickered, pocketed their phone, and cracked their knuckles. Showtime. Actively blocking out the commotion, they sidled up next to an unaware bystander, planting themself as close at possible without being weird.

The coyote barked a pained yelp, and the crowd started murmuring. They caught a few words here and there, "he got shocked...." or "its proof he's angry and pretending," and "someone should call the cops." They rolled their eyes, of course someone would call the cops instead of stepping in. They would but... they're working. It's bad form to be filmed when on the job. A twitch closer to the woman next to them.

A flash of a hand.

They moved, walking on their toes to pretend to be trying to see. They situated themself next to someone else. An well-placed elbow, a hushed, "oh, excuse me, I'm sorry," and they moved on. A group of hamsters proved a great distraction as they carefully stepped over them, the others around them shifting and still not paying them any mind.

And, pockets heavy-laden with their prizes, and a shout of, "look! The police," from their jaw—and not a lie, either, as three officers were heading towards the crowd—Vee slipped away, flipping a stolen wallet in their fingers with a sly grin. And, once again, no one noticed them.

Ah, they loved their job!

"Hey, excuse me," someone cleared their throat behind them and Vee glanced over their shoulder. A very familiar Sambar Deer officer was squinting at them and heading their way. "Wait. You look familiar."

"Oh, sorry officer," they lied smoothly, internally cursing up a storm. "I'm not from around here. Never seen you before in my life. I'm actually from Downtown, and best be getting back before my boss has a hernia because I got caught skipping work again." Or, well, Monty would do something when he learned what Vee was doing. "Didja see that mess? It was insane, that little rat went all crazy at that poor coyote."

"I asked you to stop." The cop raised his voice, and while Vee slowed slightly, they didn't stop. "Hey, you look like the person who's been stealing–"

"Am I being detained?" They whirled around on their toes, narrowing their eyes at the officer. "'Cause if I am, I'm calling upon my right to stay silent."

"Officer Reid, what are you doing?" One of the other cops called from where she was dispersing the crowd.

The Sambar Deer snorted in agitation before huffing, "...no. You're not. Sorry to bother you."

"Have a nice day, Officer Gideon," Vee sneered, jumping onto their motorcycle and peeling out of there before the cop realized that they were, in fact, the person he thought they were.
Last edited by Viiperfang on Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby +Vesper » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:27 am

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐌𝐜𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐲⸺⸺⸺⸺link

"Sandra you can't just come into my house and steal Eddie. He isn't yours!"

"Sandra!"

Alistair sighed as the line went dead. This wasn't the first time Sandra, his ex wife, stole his Queen Alexandria's birdwing butterfly Eddie. Scratching his head and sighing, he put the phone down on the receiver - this wasn't the first time Eddie was taken, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

bzzt!

Al turned his head to gaze at the 'smart' cellphone his boss had given him. Standing up he tottered to his bedside where it was charging and glanced at the screen.

A new notification? From the News app?

Opening up his phone (with a password he diligently remembered), he opened the news app to see a small fight had occurred. Cops called, a coyote was shocked.

'This society ain't right..!' He slammed the phone down on the bed angrily.
"Why do they keep doing this?" He mumbled, "how do we even let this happen. police? does nuthin. Whole new organization for 'freedom'? - They're the ones tormenting us!" Al seethed into his hands, an angry tear running down his furry cheek.

Grumbling to himself he took off his overalls. He really needed to get a locksmith in and fetch Eddie.

Shuffling to the mirror in the bathroom he sighed.

Tomorrow is another day.

x

link⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺𝐅𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

A resounding thud echoed through the warehouse followed by the smell of burnt fur.

"Woah there Rizz! No need to kill the bag!"

Fenris' eyes glistened, reflecting a silver of light from the overhead spotlights shortly before being dwarfed by the shade of Artemis, a burly polar bear.

"You're going to get hurt if you keep going so hard..! Please, let's take a break? Just for a few minutes?"

Fenris looked up at the polar bear in front of her. Sniffling she slowly moved away and walked towards the metal table and pair of chairs.

"Artemis I don't know why I keep doing this to myself." Fenris looked up at Artemis who had just sat down across her.

"I think you're too hard on yourself Fen. Just because he stood you up doesn't mean life is over!" Artemis leaned over and wiped the tear off Fenris' cheek.

"I.. thought he was going to be.. 'The One' " Fenris sniffled again. "Do you think I'm a bad person Arty? Why do I keep pushing people out?"

Artemis shuffled her chair next to Fenris and leaned on her shoulder.

"You're not a bad person! Not at all! Sure you have faults.." Arty trailed off, "But so does everybody! If that man couldn't see what I see then maybe he isn't worth it in the first place!"

Fenris smiled at Artemis, not noticing her tame collar flashing orange.

"Maybe you should become a therapist Art - you always know what to say."

A moment of silence passed, Artemis' smiling eyes losing their happiness.

"I wish, Fen." She tilted her head down. "I wish."

Fenris turned to the polar bear and gave her a full hug.

"We'll get out of this. It doesn't have to be this way."

Her words felt shaky and untrue, but she chose to ignore the sinking feeling in her gut. Fenris pulled Artemis up and pushed her hastily to the ring.

"Wanna brawl?"
+Vesper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me