Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: A Rift in Time O&A

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: A Rift in Time O&A

Postby Demon God Caelan » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
A Rift in Time

A long time ago, much of our world was unexplored and filled with dangerous and aggressive Pokémon. A small village, once known as Treasure Town, had many Pokémon who were scared of the outside world. But there were also those who wished to explore and map the world around them. The Expedition Society was born. Many years passed, and many more Pokémon joined the Society. New lands were discovered, and Treasure Town grew bigger as new Pokémon moved there. Centuries later, Treasure Town has grown to become the bustling city known as Pokéopolis. Things are fairly peaceful, but something is wrong. People have been reporting seeing strange bolts of lightning, followed with dangerously strong and aggressive Pokémon, only for them to disappear as suddenly as they appeared. People are scared, crime rates are increasing, and the Expedition Society is at a loss to find out what's causing these strange events. Can the Expedition Society figure out what's going on before it's too late? And what of you? Are you a schoolkid, a baker, a shopkeeper? Regardless of who you are, these events are sure to affect you in some way. Are you ready?
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Info

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:55 am

Rules

1: No fighting OOC

2: Minor cursing only, and even then, keep it at a minimum

3: Each player may have 1 Shiny, 1 Custom, and 1 Alpha. I will not stop you from making a shiny Alpha, but I'd rather keep shiny Alphas at a minimum. Scars, piercings, and tattoos do not count against your 1 per user count

4: No legendary Pokémon, not including mythical Pokémon

5: This RP is LGBTQ+ friendly, please respect that and don't be hateful against LGBTQ+ characters in character or out.

Info

Pokéopolis is a large city with all the sorts of shops you see in the PMD games, a bank, a general store, storage, etc. but you can make any sort of store you want if you decide to be a shopkeeper.

Any Pokémon that evolves into a Hisui form, such as Dartrix->Decidueye, Dewott->Samurott, Quilava->Typhlosion, etc. need a special evolution item called a Time Flower in order to evolve them into their Hisui regional variant.

Pokémon don't need to go to a special area to evolve, if they are strong enough to evolve, they can evolve at any time you choose.

In this RP, a shiny Pokémon classifies as a Pokémon with any coloration that is not the normal coloration, it doesn't have to be the official Shiny coloration, you can have a purple Gyarados, a red Bulbasaur, a green Slowpoke, any colors you want.

Pokémon that are customized in ways besides their coloration are not considered Shiny, they are considered Custom. Like Shiny Pokémon and Alpha Pokémon, you may only have one
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters and Form

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:46 am

Characters and Form

Characters

Expedition Society

Leader
Open

Deputy
Open

Veteran Explorers
(9 spots open)

Trace-26-Genderfluid-Gardevoir-a.b.111

Explorers
(Unlimited Spots)

Wigglytuff's Guild Branch

Guildmaster Wigglytuff
Open

Assistant Guildmaster Chatot
a.b.111

Exploration/Rescue Teams

Team Charm
Lopunny-Adult-Female-Lopunny-Primal Dialga
Medicham-Adult-Female-Medicham-Primal Dialga
Gardevoir-Adult-Female-Gardevoir-Primal Dialga

Team Legend
Sirius-42-Male-Lucario-Primal Dialga
Dawn-40-Female-Espeon-Primal Dialga
Dusk-40-Male-Umbreon-Primal Dialga
Serena-40-Female-Sylveon-Primal Dialga

Team Fang
Obsidian-23-Male-Houndoom-Primal Dialga
Fenrir-23-Male-Mightyena-Primal Dialga

Team Lycan
Shougo-32-Male-Midday Lycanroc-Primal Dialga
Mayonaka-32-Male-Midnight Lycanroc-Primal Dialga
Higure-32-Male-Dusk Lycanroc-Primal Dialga

Apprentices
Chimecho-Adult-Female-Chimecho-Primal Dialga
Croagunk: Open
Dugtrio: Open
Loudred: Open
Diglett: Open
Sunflora-Adult-Female-Sunflora-Primal Dialga
Corphish: Open
Bidoof: Open

Team Mystic
Pepper-31-Female-Delphox-Primal Dialga
Starfire-31-Female-Hatterene-Primal Dialga
Raven-28-Female-Mismagius-Primal Dialga

Pokéopolis Mall

General Store
Zack-27-Male-Politoed-a b.111

Bank
Juda-30-Male-Alpha Meowth-a b.111

Bakery/Juice Bar
Pyro-40-Male-Typhlosion-Queen of flames
Frozen-26-Female-Froslass-Queen of flames

Storage
Open

Training Dojo
Open

Citizens
Grovyle-Adult-Male-Grovyle-Primal Dialga
Celebi-Adult-Female-Shiny Celebi-Primal Dialga
Dusknoir-Adult-Male-Dusknoir-Primal Dialga

West Academy

Principal
Open

Vice Principal
Jewel-32-Female-Milotic-Queen of flames

Nurse
Celia-25-Female-Alpha Blissey-Primal Dialga

Teachers
(5 spots open)

Students
(Unlimited Spots)
Caelan-13-Male-Shiny Hisui Sneasel-Demon God Caelan
Cheri-15-Female-Albino Raichu-Queen of flames
Electra-15-Female-Spiky-Eared Pichu-Primal Dialga

Form

Code: Select all
[center][size=200]Name Here[/size]

Properly credited image/Description

[size=150]The Basics[/size]

[b][u]Name[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Age[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Gender[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Species[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[size=150]Digging Deeper[/size]

[b][u]Personality[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]History[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Job/Position[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[size=150]Love's in Bloom[/size]

[b][u]Sexuality[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Crush[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Girlfriend/Boyfriend[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Spouse[/u][/b]
Answer Here

[b][u]Children[/u][/b]
Answer Here[/center]
Last edited by Demon God Caelan on Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:21 am, edited 20 times in total.
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:47 am

Reserved just in case
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: A Rift in Time O&A

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:16 am

This RP is now open and accepting
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a.b.111 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 am

Hi, I’m interested in joining but I have a question to determine which version of a character to use. How much are we allowed to change/edit a pokemon’s physical appearance outside of coloration?

As an example, one version of the character I plan to use — a Gardevoir for context — has pierced ear fluff, the front of the “dress” shortened, and the chest protrusion is crystalline (purely for looks, no power or type change). Their eyes are also blue, but that can be presumed to be covered by the “shiny” umbrella. How much of this would be okay?
Angel || Leo || They/She/He
I like games, art, n music
Either a weird goat thing or a red panda/lion hybrid
a.b.111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:41 am

a.b.111 wrote:Hi, I’m interested in joining but I have a question to determine which version of a character to use. How much are we allowed to change/edit a pokemon’s physical appearance outside of coloration?

As an example, one version of the character I plan to use — a Gardevoir for context — has pierced ear fluff, the front of the “dress” shortened, and the chest protrusion is crystalline (purely for looks, no power or type change). Their eyes are also blue, but that can be presumed to be covered by the “shiny” umbrella. How much of this would be okay?

(Sounds like a very interesting Pokémon, so I'll allow it.)
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a.b.111 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:47 am

Trace

Credit: self-done

The Basics

Name
Trace

Species
Gardevoir

Digging Deeper

Personality
Trace first reads as quiet and predisposed to kindness, patience, and politeness. They’ve just enough small quirks to be “strange” or maybe endearing. Many times those who don’t know them mistake them for being an innocent goody-two-shoes. Once known deeper though, he’s much more lax. Trace’ll be louder, bolder, more comfortable and more vulnerable, showing they know more than they may seem. Their patience isn’t broken easily, but once it is they are very irritable.

As is natural to his species, Trace is loyal and observant, especially to emotional frequencies. Some may even say overly so, leading to anxiety and insecurities. He’s prone, however, to losing focus and daydreaming, which can certainly dull his observation and situational awareness. Tons of berries and juice get used to heal bumps and bruises from the clumsiness this causes.

History
Trace always had a lot of curiosity and sensitivity, especially as a Ralts. It was in his blood, so to speak. They were always studying, finding out about explorers and idolizing them as kids do. She wanted to do what they did, rescuing others and helping people! She dreamed of her own team! It was what pushed them initially to even start making friends in school. Sure, she cried easily, but that didn’t mean she was weak, right?

Well, with the good came the bad: bullying, and lots of it. Trace would often come home crying and/or banged up. She was so young, so inexperienced… and she couldn’t fire back. She took it as a lesson to hide away a lot of aspects of herself. Her interests? Toned down talking about them. Emotions? Repress them! Academic ability? Never talk about it and when forced to *always* downplay it. They almost entirely gave up their dreams, “too weak and frail to even beat a Caterpie.”

Trace grew with this until finding friends who helped him relearn to be himself. With those friends, they realized they were much stronger than they believed, even evolving into a Kirlia! These friends rekindled his old dream and together the group turned into an exploration team! They were a younger team, but quite successful for their age and stages. Over time though, he wanted to learn more on his own, have his own team. So he set off with his friends’ gift of a handmade backpack and the promise they were gonna hear of him someday and maybe work alongside him again!

Years passed. Trace went through many towns and dungeons figuring out where to plant roots. He evolved once more during his travels before arriving in Pokeopolis, where he now resides. His reputation — and the need for more members due to recent events — earned him a spot in the city’s Expedition Society soon after settling. He hasn’t been in long though, and is still looking for a partner or two to form a proper team. It’s like starting over but with previous knowledge!

Job/Position
Veteran Explorer

Love's in Bloom

Sexuality
Bisexual

Crush
Open

Girlfriend/Boyfriend
N/A (atm)

Spouse
N/A (atm)

Children
N/A (atm)

(Wish we could do hide boxes lol, if there’s anything I should edit, let me know :3)
Angel || Leo || They/She/He
I like games, art, n music
Either a weird goat thing or a red panda/lion hybrid
a.b.111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:18 pm

(Lol, same, hide boxes would be nice, and so would a spoiler bb code. But yeah, everything looks fine, accepted)
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:07 pm

Caelan

Official Bulbapedia Image, replace yellow parts with a blood red color, missing a small portion of his right ear, with two small silver rings in the same ear

The Basics

Name
Caelan

Species
Shiny Hisuian Sneasel

Digging Deeper

Personality
Caelan may be confused about the world he's found himself in, but that doesn't stop him from trying his hardest to live a normal life, or at the very least normal enough for a homeless kid. While he is a bit timid in Pokéopolis, he's eager to make friends with his classmates at school. Caelan admires the Expedition Society for everything they've accomplished, even though they're having trouble finding what's causing the strange events happening lately. He hopes to join the Society so he can explore the new world around him, as well as possibly finding his way home.

The Caelan you see in school is much different than the Caelan you see on the streets. Being the black sheep among the clan hardened him, as did living on the streets. When Caelan became the leader of Night Claw, the juvenile delinquent group started being a bit less rebellious, but they didn't go good by any means. Caelan is resourceful on the streets of Pokéopolis, and can be manipulative and even aggressive towards other street clans. All in all, he's still a good guy, he never hurts people, and he has standards for what his clan is allowed to do relating to the mischief they cause.

History
Caelan isn't actually from Pokéopolis, he's from Treasure Town. The recent events happening in Pokéopolis have somehow opened rifts in the fabric of space-time, and Caelan fell through one of the rifts, shortly before arriving in Pokéopolis. When he first arrived, he was in a panic, and avoided being seen. When he found a group of other Sneasel, he tried to approach them, but they made fun of him because of his strange form that they had never seen. He was just as confused as them, since he'd never seen a Sneasel like the ones that stood in front of him.

While he was inducted into the clan of Sneasel, known as Night Claw by kids at school, he is still seen as the black sheep in the group, but after a week, he was shown to be stronger than any of his clanmates. Especially considering he could learn powerful Fighting-type moves while the others were Ice/Dark types, he has a massive type advantage over them. By the time that he was forced to attend school, despite still being homeless, he was the leader of Night Claw.

Job/Position
Student

Love's in Bloom

Sexuality
Biromantic Heteroseual

Crush
None

Girlfriend/Boyfriend
None

Spouse
Too Young

Children