❛ ⊱ ☆ the waste (warriors) (open & accepting)

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

❛ ⊱ ☆ peachpaw & totoro - post one

Postby yoonoh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm

𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐏𝐀𝐖 !
med cat apprentice • feeling groggy • at camp • with applepaw
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

the young apprentice wasn't one to waken early. he must appreciated his sleep, especially being one responsible for the physical wellbeing of his clanmates. it was a taxing job for the apprentice, and he hadn't yet grasped the importance of his role. at eight moons old he still brushed it off, seeing it as merely another daily task to perform, sort of like a warrior's patrol or an apprentice's fighting practice. being a medicine cat was just an excuse to stay inside the camp, he believed, and he liked it like that.

but those daily duties had to be finished eventually. peachpaw tried to stay asleep for as long as he could without being scolded by ternleaf or tallhaze, though the one most likely to force him to start the day would be phloxpaw. his fellow apprentice was a bit of a stick in the mud to peachpaw, and she had a different way of being a medicine cat. peachpaw couldn't stand her constant serious nature and her over-the-top worrying, and wished she wouldn't constantly boss him around like a little kit - he was only two moons younger than her! luckily this morning wasn't one that involved a tail being stepped on or a sharp swipe to the ear, and peachpaw could arise with the sun. it barely crept through the opening of the den but it was enough to get peachpaw to his paws, after rolling over a few times and grumbling with annoyance. he could hear the soft pawsteps of other cats gathering outside, and figured he should probably do the same. the vigils held in remembrance of the lost warriors to thunderclaw would be wrapping up, although peachpaw couldn't dare to step close to either of the bodies lying in the clearing. of course he had payed his respects to them like any good apprentice should, however he had to keep his eyes shut the entire time. the creature terrified him beyond belief, and he didn't want to imagine the power it had against cats like himself.

peachpaw stepped groggily out of the medicine cat den, letting his eyes scan the clearing and noted the few warriors already gathered in the camp. everyone looked shaken up from the attacks last night, and also worried about the coming leafbare. peachpaw was too, as it meant an increase in weather-related diseases and injuries. his close friend, the fellow apprentice applepaw, was fortunate enough to not have to deal with that, he thought as he noticed her sitting outside the apprentice's den. peachpaw wandered over to the young molly, giving her a slight nod in greeting as he sat himself down beside her. "g'morning, applepaw! how's the morning treating you?" the tom had a feeling she was also a bit frightened by the thunderclaw attacks, the air was full of anxious tension between the cats, and he wanted to perhaps brighten her up.

𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐎 !
outsider • feeling fine • at outside ashclan territory • with open
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

totoro had found a medium-sized divot in the moor the previous night and was able to keep safe from the roaming predators. every day felt like a challenge to the outsider, and she was always discovering something new about the land. being a loner, she had to fend for herself, which made her way more alert and cautious than another cat. she had to stay alive, not only for herself but for the siblings she lost. totoro wished to find them again, and prayed that they were still well. after all, her parents had taught her and her siblings all they needed to know about outcast living, even if they weren't together anymore. nowadays she wanders for great distances every day, never settling in a single place for too long, firstly because it was to her survival not to leave her scent for other creatures to track down, but mostly because she believed she could find her siblings that way.

as per any other morning, totoro was early to rise, even before the musky sky turned to a brighter shade indicating that the sun had risen. she began her journey yet again, now in search of prey to eat. her parents had taught her well of what to hunt down and what to stray clear of, and she now had quite a knack for tracking down non-poisoned prey. the young molly continued wandering through the grasslands until she reached a small stream, pausing to sniff the air. her nose told her the water was safe to drink, so she hunched down next to the stream and began lapping up the water. it was rare to stumble upon such a fresh water source, so she wouldn't take it for granted. several moments passed before totoro finally stood and continued in search of breakfast, though it didn't take long to find the scent of a rabbit who likely had also wanted a drink from the stream. rabbits were quick and posed a risk of injury from their hind legs, but the young cat was desperate during times like this. she changed her gait to a slow pace, which slowed further as she saw brown fur peeking out of the tall weeds. totoro got low on her haunches, crept forward until she was only a few fox-lengths away, then sprang at the rabbit. her anticipated landing spot, however, wasn't the most accurate, as the rabbit had already begun bolting away by the time her paws hit the ground. totoro charged after the small animal, staying weary of its hind paws, until she was able to knock it over with a quick jab to the side. she killed it quickly with a swift bite to the throat, and began enjoying her meal that would likely have to last until the evening.
yoonoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♤ one ♤

Postby strawbs. » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:53 pm

H A Z E L P A W
    x she-cat xx apprentice xx 10 moons xx tags: open x
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

hazelpaw's eyes slowly lifted to the signs of a sunrise, the slight cool air making her shiver before she quickly rolled over onto her paws and shook it away. she gave a good stretch, kneading her claws into the ground, afterwards glancing around at the den-mates who were still lost in slumber. she quietly tiptoed out of the den, her gaze surveying the camp to see who was awake, and then her eyes landed on the warrior corpses that were found just the other day. she tended to not dwell too much on these difficult times, but when the facts are just a few tail-lengths away, it's just so bizarre. it's almost is like a dream whenever another turns up dead. what if it ends up being someone she's close to? someone she loves and cares about? what if one day it might get to her? some time ago she had stopped wondering about her siblings that she has not seen in so long. they're probably dead to the beast. sometimes she missed them, but that was then and now is now - and she must move on. hazelpaw padded out into the empty clearing, sitting off to the side. she rested down onto her haunches, waiting for more cats to wake up.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

S A K U R A
    x she-cat xx outsider xx 30 moons xx tags: open x
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

sakura rested on top of her branch. she liked it up there; no one could see her easily, and she could get the jump on whoever (or whatever) may be lurking below. she dangled her injured limb off over the side, peering around the world below with wide eyes. it was annoying how difficult it was to get around now with this flesh wound, luckily it wasn't as bad as it could of been. she didn't even have time to mourn the loss of her siblings, the adrenaline coursing through her enough to escape the rabid beast that had slaughtered them. she remembered where it took place, and has since then made sure to never go near it again. she didn't get much good sleep last night, too many fears dwelling on her mind and the slightest of noises keeping her awake. she was used to it at this point though, and has grown accustomed to short hours of rest that she gets. finally, she carefully climbed down from her perch when it was no longer pitch black out. her stomach was protesting for food already, and it has been harder to find prey that was edible. she already made the mistake of eating one that was a bit off, and has been a picky eater since. sakura began her slow stroll through the waste, keeping her ears keen and her eyes alert for food or danger.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⊱ 01

Postby néktar » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:23 am

.𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍 【 male | 35 m | warrior, hazelpaw | tags; hazelpaw | location; camp 】
      the warrior arose with hawkfeather, the tom had been kept awake most of the night hearing the warrior go to and froe from the den to the dirtplace. he felt for the tom so it did not disturb him much, he sat in his nest for a few moments at his clanmates woke around him. his tail curled lightly across his body as he bent his head to lick it. he made this his routine to start his morning's off calmly as he knew there would be chaos as soon as he stepped paw out of the den.

after his grooming he felt refreshed, his muscles bunched as he pushed himself from his nest, trotting out of the den. his eyes adjusted from the muggy den to the light of the morning. grey and hazed, he gazed up, the sky had never looked blue only murky. he took a deep breath and let out a light cough. he padded after his fellow warriors and into the clearing, his eyes resting on their leader, the white furred tom looked stern as usual though pained. the red warrior followed his gaze as it landed on the young warrior's they had found the night before. he felt a pang though he was use to it at this point, he sighed and noticed the striped patched pelt of his apprentice, hazelpaw. his ears flicked back, he wished the young molly didn't have to see such horrors. he padded over to her and touched his nose lightly to her ear. "good morning hazelpaw.. how did you sleep?" he meowed softly to the apprentice.

.𝐒𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊 【 female | 24 m | queen | tags; open | location; nursery 】
      the molly had been having pains in her belly throughout the night, her fur was matted with sweat. she worried about her kits, she looked at her belly as she panted lightly, she rasped her tongue over her swollen stomach. she lay down once more, she hoped egretswipe would wake soon and check on her, she didn't feel like she had the strength to get to her paws. eye eyes lazed as she looked outside of the den, she saw the muggy light seep in, she hissed softly as another sharp pain shot through her stomach.

she adjusted her position in her nest, hoping the pains would subside soon enough, she had gotten little sleep and did not enjoy it. she licked at her paws trying her best to make herself comfortable and take her mind off of her bodily state. she knew it was a bad time to be with kits, but she wanted to be a mother so badly, her tail curled around herself as she rested her face near her belly. nuzzling into it slightly and purring, her breath raspy as she did so.

.𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐀𝐖 【 female | 10 m | apprentice, cypressfoot | tags; open | location; apprentice den 】
      the molly curled tightly in her nest, her breathing slow and even. she was deep asleep and would not be woken by anyone other then her mentor. she had no worries about the outside world and her mind melted with dreams, she dreamed of herself chasing a rabbit across the territory. her paws kicked in her nest lightly, she pushed herself to go faster in her dream. she was breathing heavy at this point, she felt as though she had been chasing the rabbit for a long time, it always remained just out her reach. she extended her claws towards the creature once more, but it darted to the left, she hissed under her breath and changed direction. kicking up dust in her wake, she coughed and her lungs felt thick with mucus all of a sudden. she was slowing down, loosing the rabbit, she coughed and coughed until she spat out tufts of fur.

her dream was turning into a nightmare as the sun rose and shone light through the tattered walls of the apprentice den, her body heating up slowly.

.𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋 【 female | 45 m | outsider | tags; open | location; outskirts of territory】
      the molly lay at the mouth of an old badger den she had made her home for the night, her tail lashed out behind her. her eyes looked out across the hazy land as the sun slowly streamed across the barren scenery. she had watched a monster kill a few cats last night, she couldn't save them as it was too late for her to yowl a warning, the scene replayed in her head all night leaving her restless and sick. her eyes glazed over with grief, though she knew if she had tried to save them she too would have been killed and would have laid dead right beside them. she remembered other cats coming and collecting the dead, she had followed them back to what seemed to be their home. the group looked fair organized from what she had seen, she wondered what they were exactly.

the thought if visiting again later on that day to do some more watching, they intrigued her for the most part.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:00 pm

EGRETSWIPE

[ ─ tom - 32 m - warrior - app: n/a ]
[ ─ tags: sedgemask, now any med loc: camp ]

── x He lurched awake, terror seizing his belly, drenched in sweat. His paws flexed instinctively, as if to unsheathe his claws. He exhaled into the safety of the warriors den. His ears unpinned slowly, as the nightmare subsided. He was safe, she was safe. They were in camp. They were fine. His mind wandered immediately to his mate, of whom the nightmare had been about. He had dreamt the thunderclaw had seized her, and that he had done nothing to stop it. With an exhale, the already wide-awake tom rose, eager to check on sedgemask himself, and ensure she was well. Silently he exited the warriors den, his path a beeline for the nursery. He peered into the nursery, his soft blue eyes searching for his mate's form. That's when he spotted her, curled into herself. From here he could hear her rasping and terror seized him again. He stepped forward, lowering his head as he approached her,
        "Sedgemask?" he purred softly. "Are you alright?" he asked, pressing his nose to her fur, and then pulling back sharply as he noted it was matted with sweat. "Dear starclan-" he turned sharply inhaling, and quickly exited the nursery.

"Could a medic come to the nursery and check on sedgemask? quickly, i worry something may be wrong." he spoke firmly but his chest heaved as he struggled to contain his panic. What poor timing for a nightmare to occur, as he was beginning to feel more and more hopeless by the moment. Something was going on, and he wasn't sure he liked it. He was so new to this father thing, he had no idea how to process these things.

X
CRANEHEART

[ ─ molly - 34 m - warrior - app: hickorypaw ]
[ ─ tags: available loc: camp ]

── x The black and white bi-colored molly rolled over in her bedding, her fur stuck up in odd places and her eyes were squeezed shut in an attempt to fight the morning's light. A heavy sigh escaped her, as she realized her attempts at remaining asleep were being completed in vain. Craneheart, though typically enthusiastic, was having a hard time continuing that motto. Especially recently, with the thunderclaw ripping both young and old to shreds. She was no stranger to threats, and neither was the clan, growing up in this wasteland, but this was something new that they had little control over. The lack of control was what scared craneheart more. Other than in their clan, they had no way of keeping this thing away from them. Though it hadn't had seemed like it was interested in massacring their camp, it did seem as if it had no qualms with a few mouthfuls of cat. Enjoyed it, even. A shiver ran through the molly, who in-turn rose and stretched. Sitting back down to run her tongue over her messy chest fur. Grooming the extra bits of bedding out, she took a moment to look around the den. Her clanmates slowly began to stir around her, and she suppressed a sigh in response. Another day, another adventure. Lets just hope this one isn't fatal.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❛ ⊱ ☆ oo1

Postby rogan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 pm

─────── 𝑻𝑬𝑹𝑵𝑳𝑬𝑨𝑭 . !'' ─────
[ she-cat ] - [ med. cat ] - [ concerned ] - [ with: sedgemask, egretswipe ]
─────────────────────────
    renegadethe female's sleep wasn't as disrupted as it usually was- this time she managed to lay quietly and sleep without the bothering of an apprentice who had a false pain in their paw (this is mostly directed towards swiftpaw) or something of the like. she had woken up early- she wasn't sure how early it was -and was actually with a bit of energy in comparison to being tired. she didn't have enough energy to actually go out and do anything, such as try to stock up on herbs (and really, she refused to go without the company of a warrior or cypressfrost, but that's because she knows she wouldn't be able to get out of a situation on her own) nor did she leave the den- she simply sat in the mouth and stared.
    renegadeeventually, ternleaf had found her eyes closed once again, but she remained propped up in a seated position. opening her eyes and peering in the direction of the nursery, her ears flicking slightly before she glanced over at egretswipe. lifting herself on to her paws, ternleaf began to quickly pad over in the direction of the nursery, stopping only in front of egretswipe for a brief moment, "i'm sure everything is alright," she dipped her head slightly, "don't worry too much about her," with a final purr, ternleaf dipped inside of the nursery den, keeping her head lowered as she approached sedgemask, "sedgemask," she purred gently, before she sat in front of her, "are you feeling alright?"

─────── 𝑯𝑶𝑵𝑬𝒀𝑪𝑳𝑨𝑾 . !'' ─────
[ tom ] - [ warrior ] - [ tired, sluggish ] - [ with: open ]
───────────────────────────
    renegadehoneyclaw's tail only flicked over his nose as he breathed in a hefty heap of his own fur, causing him to release a tiny huff to fluff it away from his face. the warrior then stretched himself out slightly and rolled on to his back, his paws folded over and his hind-legs lightly splayed out. that didn't last long, as comfortable as it was- and he had eventually rolled back over on to his stomach. as much as he was trying to get himself back to sleep- it wasn't working. he hadn't slept bad, no- he slept rather well, though, that didn't mean he didn't want to sleep some more. the toms green eyes remained closed as he shifted slightly and adjusted his paws beneath him, before they opened as he stood up and stretched, only to close again as he released a yawn.
    renegadethe tom slowly left the den, his head hung lower as he drew in a deep breath before he lazily sat down outside of the warriors den. he brought a paw up to his mouth and licked it a few times, before drawing it over his ear, and setting it back down on the ground. he released a small sigh before he twisted himself to lightly nibble at an itch on his belly, before he flicked his tail and lifted his head once again, licking at his lips a single time before he gazed over the area.

─────── 𝑺𝑾𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑷𝑨𝑾 .'! ─────
[ tom ] - [ apprentice ] - [ bouncy ] - [ with: cedarpelt ]
─────────────────────────
    renegadethe apprentice's claws dug at the nest that he was resting in, kneading at it slightly before he relaxed and lifted his head tiredly. swiftpaw's jaw opened in a tiny yawn- soon closing after a moment. he rested his head against his stretched out legs, pressing a small sigh from his lungs. his green-blue eyes opened slightly as he laid there, peering out of the den, only to draw in a deep breath once again and lift himself on to his small legs, slightly waddling out of the den before he paused to stretch out his legs. with his legs stretched in front of him and his tail waving in the air, he released a tiny grunt-like noise before he relaxed and allowed his eyes to search over the camp. and then his eyes fell on his mentor, and he lightly bobbed his head.
    renegadethe small apprentice began to slowly walk towards her, his tail flicking up in the air as he approached her. really, he just wanted to know what they were going to do that day- whether they were going to be training, patrolling, or tending to whoever they were supposed to tend to, keep people company, or if he was going to have the day off easy to go and pester other apprentices like the little rat young tom he was. with a slight tilt of his head, he slowly came to a stop beside the she-cat, "good morning, cedarpelt!" he beamed, though his eyes had eventually strayed off towards the dead bodies of previous clanmates, and he turned his head away from them quickly, "do you have anything planned for today?"
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me