♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Postby liv :) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 pm

please post your forms on this thread.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄lakeclan▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

countless seasons ago, a civil war had divided riverclan into two sides. there were the leaders--
the influential members of the clan-- and their supporters. then, there were the rebels. they sought
change within their clan, and protested against the leaders whom they accused of corruption. these
rebellious toms and she-cats fought by tooth and claw for what they believed to be right. however, the
other side had strong fighters. the rebels were easily overtaken by their clanmates. thus, they were driven
out of riverclan.

they fled from riverclan for days, hoping to discover a secure place to create a new camp. after what felt
like an eternity of searching, they discovered the perfect spot. in the middle of a large lake: a small
forested island. a safe haven. using their strong swimming skills, they swam across the lake and onto
the island. ever since, they have called this place their home; under the name of lakeclan.

recently, the population of prey in the lakeshore forest has been suspiciously declining. half-eaten carcasses
and distinct foreign scent-markers have been discovered by patrols, leading the members of lakeclan to
believe that something has encroached on their territory. who or what is posing a threat to the small
clan? will lakeclan be able to defend themselves?
Last edited by liv :) on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | rules

Postby liv :) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:04 pm

rules and expectations

no being your own love interest. i encourage roleplayers to make their cats kin, however.

post all non-roleplaying content on the forms and discussion thread.

please keep the genders even.

please write at least a paragraph per character. if you have writer's block, refrain from posting until you're more inspired.

try to write once a day, but i understand if that can't be done.

please let me know if you'll be unable to post for whatever reason, so someone can roleplay for you or whatever you're most comfortable with.

use proper grammar. capitalization and other stylistic preferences can be done as you wish, however.

no unrealistic appearances (unnatural fur or eyes) or mannerisms (mary/gary-sues, powerplaying, godmodding).

please refrain from creating non-cisgender cats, as gender dysphoria only exists in humans. intersex cats are plausible, but rare, so should be treated as such. all sexualities are accepted, but it should be kept in mind that lakeclan is traditionally heterosexual (so lgb+ cats are usually closeted or highly uncommon).

please try to conform your characters to lakeclan's culture and customs as much as possible. of course, every cat is unique and obviously doesn't need to be an exact replica of the stereotypical lakeclan cat.

please message me for permission prior to creating any drama plots. i highly encourage drama to keep things interesting, so don't be shy!

death and birth are a natural thing, so i recommend that you try not to get overly attached to your characters. your cat won't be killed without your permission, but allowing your cats to pass at some point keeps things moving. this is also why i highly encourage romance, so that new cats will be born into the roleplay.

turn off your signatures when posting here. i find it to be less confusing, and looks better overall.

i will add and change rules as i see fit.
Last edited by liv :) on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | allegiances

Postby liv :) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:36 pm

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    l a k e c l a nxxxxa l l e g i a n c e s
    seven toms : seven she-cats

leader 1/1 - three lives remaining
    troutstar | ♂ | a 36 moon old grey tabby tom with green eyes | pepbelle

deputy 0/0
    to be chosen by troutstar

medicine cat 1/1
    doestep | ♀ | a 32 moon old fawn tabby she-cat with green eyes | jughead jones

medicine cat apprentice 0/0
    to be chosen by medicine cat

elders 2/2
    rockspring | ♂ | an 83 moon old brown tom with green eyes | dinolover519
    palestone | ♀ | a 73 moon old grey tabby she-cat with green eyes | jughead jones

queens 0/0
    she-cats can only become queens through roleplay

kits 0/0
    kits can be born through roleplay

warriors 6/6
    herontail | ♀ | a 36 moon old solid grey she-cat with green eyes | pepbelle
    finchtail | ♂ | a 32 moon old cream tabby tom with yellow eyes | jughead jones
    foxtail | ♀ | a 30 moon old ginger she-cat with amber eyes | dinolover519
    milkpelt | ♀ | a 26 moon old lilac she-cat with green eyes | stranger danger
    pebblesky | ♀ | a 42 moon old calico she-cat with long fur and green eyes | broken*
    fallowstride | ♂ | a 46 moon old grey tom with amber eyes | shadow9119

apprentices 4/4
    sheeppaw | ♂ | an 11 moon old white tom with amber eyes | stranger danger
    tumblepaw | ♂ | a 7 moon old scrawny white & ginger tom with dark grey eyes | broken*
    shiningpaw | ♀ | a 6 moon old white she-cat with one green and one blue eye | dinolover519
    minnowpaw | ♂ | an 11 moon old lilac point tom | eleutheromania
Last edited by liv :) on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | relationships

Postby liv :) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:43 pm

═════════════════════════relationships of lakeclan═════════════════════════

kin
troutstar and herontail are siblings.

doestep and finchtail are siblings.

palestone is doestep and finchtail's adoptive mother.

milkpelt is sheeppaw's aunt.

sheeppaw and minnowpaw are half-brothers.

minnowpaw is redspeckle's nephew.

rockspring is shiningpaw's adoptive father.

romance
troutstar is attracted to milkpelt.

friendships and enemies
troutstar and redspeckle were best friends.

herontail and foxtail dislike each other.

foxtail and shiningpaw are enemies.

shiningpaw and rockspring are friends.

mentors and apprentices
pebblesky is sheeppaw's mentor.

herontail is tumblepaw's mentor.

milkpelt is shiningpaw's mentor.

finchtail is minnowpaw's mentor.
Last edited by liv :) on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 am, edited 8 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | customs, traditions, culture, and beliefs

Postby liv :) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:56 am

the customs, traditions, culture, and beliefs of lakeclan
due to its small size and unique settlement, lakeclan has developed a distinct culture.
listed below are some of lakeclan's most notable special attributes!

- the island that lakeclan inhabits has no wildlife, with the exception of the occasional flock of birds. this leaves the cats with only two potential sources of food: fishing in the shallows around the island, or swimming across the lake to the lakeshore forest.

- lakeclan relies heavily on fishing to feed themselves. swimming across the lake to access the prey-bountiful forest is an exhausting trip, whereas fishing is much closer to the camp. when the water freezes over in leaf-bare, it is much easier to travel to the forest. however, forest prey is scarcer in leaf-bare, so lakeclan warriors occasionally break thin ice to fish in the cold water.

- since swimming and fishing is such an important task for lakeclan, apprentices must prove themselves to be a strong swimmer and capable fisher before becoming a warrior.

- despite their rebellious history, modern lakeclan cats are fiercely loyal to starclan. they strongly believe that starclan guided them to their current home. disrespecting starclan is a big no-no, and kits are taught from a young age to regularly pray and be thankful for their ancestors. lakeclan's island has an underground den that they sleep in to communicate with starclan. the entrance of the starden looks like this.

- lakeclan is a clan that has always been and always will be small in numbers. this makes lakeclan cats very close-knit and family-like. rumours spread fast.

- lakeclan cats are typically heterosexual, as their strong belief in starclan upholds the idea the she-cat and toms are what make couples. cats of lakeclan aren't a discriminatory bunch, however, and don't look down upon lgb+ cats-- although it is a mildly awkward subject.

- lakeclan's camp spreads throughout the entire island that they inhabit. all of their dens were dug by their ancestors and need regular maintenance by the clan to uphold. the only exception to this is the starden, which was discovered and now considered to be sacred. the starden lies in the direct centre of the camp, and is also the meeting place for clan gatherings.

- lakeclan cats usually have thick, dense coats for keeping in the heat while swimming in cold water. long-furred cats are incredibly rare, as their fur makes swimming (in the cold, particularly) incredibly difficult.

- kits become apprentices at 6 moons, apprentices begin their assessments at 12 moons (and becomes warriors once they pass), warriors are considered senior warriors once they hit 60 moons, and warriors retire to eldership at around 80 moons.

- kits are forbidden from swimming in the lake. there have been past incidences in which kits have drowned while swimming, so this is a strict rule.

- lakeclan's territory is all the forest that surrounds the lake, but only the lakeshore forest is kept marked with scent and regularly hunted on.

- lakeclan buries their dead in the lakeshore forest. cats who are fit to make the journey carry the bodies over the water for burial.

- lakeclan faces no threats to their camp because of its location, but territory predators include loners/rogues, dogs, raccoons, foxes, and coyotes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | news, stats, and other

Postby liv :) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:06 am

announcements and statistics

news
23/11/2018 - lakeclan is now accepting
24/11/2018 - jughead jones joined
24/11/2018 - dinolover519 joined

24/11/2018 - stranger danger joined
24/11/2018 - broken* joined
24/11/2018 - shadow9119 joined
24/11/2018 - eleutheromania joined
25/11/2018 - roleplay has started

information
it is new-leaf.

0 moons have passed.

7 roleplayers, 14 cats.

food is currently plentiful.

complications includes suspicious
scent-markers and prey carcasses
discovered in lakeshore forest.
Last edited by liv :) on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lakeclan | reserved

Postby liv :) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:07 am

reserved just in case!! :)