Murderers in Riverclan V.3 [welcome back!]

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: Murderers in Riverclan V.3

Postby hxneystorm » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:13 am

RIVERCLAN

The Kill wrote:a sigh slipped past the mouth of koisplash as she sat guard at the entrance to riverclan’s camp, her fur fluffed up in an attempt to brave the evening chill.most cats had settled in for the night, and a calm quiet had settled in over the camp following the darkness that now covered the territories of the clans. the warrior’s eyes, whilst alert, seemed to drift across the sky at every fallen leaf, dart at every bug that flew past, every splash of water that fell to the pebbles underpaw- sights and sounds that were all too familiar to her. she turned to look over her shoulder into camp, her tail curling a little tighter over her paws as she silently wished she was curled up in the warmth of her den, but she was quickly brought back to attention as a startled call broke the silence, pawsteps following.

“koisplash, please! i need your help!”

she turned to face the voice, her eyes locking with a pair of panicked ones. koisplash leapt to her paws, looking over her soon-to-be killer’s shoulder into the undergrowth, almost as if to make sure they hadn’t been followed by whatever had so obviously freaked them out, before she responded.

“[redacted], what’s the matter?”

“there's someone stuck in the river and i can't get them out,” they breathed, “i need another set of paws!”

koisplash startled. “where are they?”

the killer jerked their head over their shoulder, beckoning the warrior to follow them through the undergrowth.

with a swish of her tail, koisplash followed, her twisted leg leaving her half a step behind as the pair darted through the trailing leaves of the willow trees to a thicker part of the river where it's cold water was at its deepest. the sound of the current splashing against the rocks filled the warrior's ears, the thudding of her pulse rivalling it as she strained her eyes to see even a struggling shape in dim moonlight. she bounced anxiously along the riverbank on the pads of her paws, her ears pinning to the side of her head as she spun around to face the killer, who was staring at her with an expression she couldn't quite read. a glint in their gaze, barely visible.

"[redacted],where are they?" she asked, panic beginning to settle into her voice as she glanced between the water and the cat behind her, still trying to make out a shape in the river, "we're not too late, are we?"

the killer lifted their nose, their breath heavy as their gaze darted to the current behind the hindered warrior. "we're not too late," it was then that they looked koisplash in the eye and dropped their stance, their words growing regretfully soft, "we'll find her soon enough."

her?

koisplash paused for a moment, her brow furrowing as she turned her body towards the killer, a grimace fluttering over her features. she opened her mouth to question them further, however, it was in that half second that they pounced, slamming their body weight into her twisted leg, causing her to stagger and stumble into the softer ground of the riverbank. she unsheathed her claws in an attempt to ground herself, but slipped, falling into the river with a splash.

a numbing cold filled her senses as she felt herself get caught by the current, her limbs flailing to no avail as she attempted to pull herself into a position to be able to swim ashore. she sank to the bottom with a staggered thud, and any air that she had gathered in her last breath before she had hit the water had been knocked forcefully out of her lungs. her fur felt heavy, and the uneven ground beneath her made it difficult to come even close to getting her footing as she struggled, but the current had pulled the molly further underwater, tugging her along until her head smacked against a rock.

her body fell limp, and her consciousness faded as water filled her lungs.

the killer watched, adrenaline coursing through their veins as koisplash dipped from view. their whole body shook, dilated pupils locked onto where the molly's body had last made its appearance, half expecting it to resurface, but it didn't. she was dead.

what they weren't expecting, however, was to turn around and come face to face with a startled pinefrost in the bushes, ears pulled back. the killer stumbled, both over their paws and their words as they fought for some kind of excuse that might explain what the deputy had just witnessed, but it was to no avail.

pinefrost's pupils shrunk to slits as he emerged, the fur on the back of his neck prickling.

"you- you lured her out to kill her," the deputy breathed, and it was the killer's turn to be overcome with an inability to see the intentions in the other's gaze as he stepped towards them. "didn't you?"

their gaze darted down to pinefrost's now unsheathed claws, the adrenaline coursing through their veins now bubbling with panic as the words they so desperately wanted to say wouldn't come out.

"how could you!?"

and with that, the brown and white tom lunged at the killer, the two cats skidding around each other in the muddy grass of the bank. the killer swatted at pinefrost, hackles raised, their claws catching on his cheek, leaving the deputy to spin around with an empty growl. the tip of his tail hooked as he pounced again, forcing the killer into the dirt by their shoulders, their breath catching in their throat as they met the tom's cold, hazel gaze. they grimaced, squeezing their eyes shut for a moment, and squirmed, trying to free themselves of the weight above them as pinefrost dug his claws into their shoulders.

they shifted, lifting their back legs and forcing them into pinefrost's belly, kicking him off and quickly getting to their paws. the deputy staggered, and the killer, their eyes darting over the other cat's body, lunged at the tom, jaw locking around his pale throat. they bit down harder, despite pinefrost's fighting struggle to get them to let go, until the scent of blood filled their senses, and the deputy fell limp in their grasp.

the killer dropped him, staring down at the body, their own form now shaking harder than it was before. it was unexpected, but a strike of emotion cut through their chest. was it pride? gratification? satisfaction?

they really weren't sure. but, as they pushed the tom's body into the river and began to clean themselves of blood, they turned to stare at the stars, pupils blown wide.

they had to do this- they'd show them. they'd show them all.

looks like there's a killer in your midst, riverclan, and now your first pair is swimming with the fishes! watch out.

xxxLeader --
xxxxxxcranestar // molly // BrightDays

xxxDeputy --
xxxxxxpinefrost // tom // montmorency

xxxMedicine Cats --
xxxxxxdaydream // tom // Tainted~Wings
xxxxxxspiderpaw // tom // Midnightkitkat

xxxWarriors --
xxxxxxflipbeetle // molly // sylveonsweetie987
xxxxxxkoisplash // molly // ✧Mahou Shoujo✧

xxxApprentices --
xxxxxxfrecklepaw // tom // recklessgod
xxxxxxxxmentor: flipbeetle
xxxxxxmallardpaw // molly // patchyyy
xxxxxxxxmentor: koisplash

xxxElders
xxxxxxhawkgaze // tom // crutchie_

round info: here
discord: here

toms: 05
mollies: 04
total: 09

----

families + relationships:
xxx- hawkgaze + ???
xxxxxpinefrost, spiderpaw
xxx- pinefrost + ???
xxxxxmallardpaw
xxx- ??? + ???
xxxxxkoisplash, frecklepaw
Last edited by hxneystorm on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hxneystorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Cranestar blinked open her eyes and stretched. Walking out to the clearing, she frowned when she noticed how late in the morning it was. I wonder where Pinefrost is, she thought, tail flicking. Padding over to the warrior den she also noticed Koisplash scent was stale. "Flipbeetle have you've seen Pinefrost or Koisplash?" She asked.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tainted~Wings » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Daydream awoke and stretched. He slept well but he woke up even better. He looked to spiderpaw/leaf.
Tainted~Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:31 am

Spiderpaw
    tom | medicine cat apprentice | tags: Daydream

Spiderpaw stretched lazily as he awoke, sleep still trying to drag the tom back down into its cool unconscious claws. Finally his attention was drawn to his mentor, who was already awake "Goodmorning Daydream." Grooming his own fur down from the bedhead he had received Spiderpaw awaited instruction from his mentor.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tainted~Wings » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:36 am

Daydream
He looked to his apprentice. "I checked last night and we are low in watermint. So we'll go and get some today,"he said
Tainted~Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylveonsweetie987 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:50 pm

Flipbeetle
Molly | Warrior | Tags: Cranestar

Flipbeetle, who had been pacing the camp in a rather bored fashion, turned to her leader. "Oh thank Starclan you're here!" she exclaimed. "In fact I have not seen either of those two cats, and I have just been sitting around all morning waiting to see if me and Frecklepaw are needed on a patrol. It was seriously starting to get on my nerves. Pinefrost's never gone like this!"
♥♥♥

♥ Hi, I'm Syl (she/her), your friendly neighborhood procrastinator! I make art and stuff like that ♥
♥ Autism ♥ ADHD ♥ Asexual Lesbian ♥ Jewish ♥
♥ Current hyperfixations: The Owl House, Kalons ♥

♥ I'm @/sylsoddsandends on Tumblr, if you want to see art/writing/etc! ♥

Trade me!My Kalons

♥♥♥
sylveonsweetie987

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Cranestar turned around, frowning. "Why don't you and I go look for them?" She asked Flipbeetle. "Frecklepaw can guard camp with Mallardpaw and Hawkgaze," she suggested, gkancung at the elder and apprentices. "Hawkgaze, can you help the apprentices guard camp while Flipbeetle and I are out looking for Koisplah and Pinefrost?" She called out to the elder.

(Tags:Flipbeetle and Hawkgaze)
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnightkitkat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:38 pm

Spiderpaw
    tom | medicine cat apprentice | tags: Daydream

Following his mentor out of camp Spiderpaw couldn't help but feel uneasy at the overheard discussion between Flipbeetle and Cranestar. They were already low on members and now two were missing? Shaking the thoughts from his head Spiderpaw walked forward with more purpose. They were fine it's only morning they probably just took a early hunting patrol. Pinefrost would be fine, his brother had always been...

Reminiscing over his kithood memories Spiderpaw almost bumped into Daydream "Oh!- Sorry... why did you stop?" Looking around for the watermint he assumed they came across Spiderpaw grew confused. Then with a wave of an icy chill he smelled it. The unmistakable scent of death, not yet knowing from what it was coming from. "Did... did someone forget to bring prey back to the camp? Maybeitsjust..." He couldn't move his paws a step further. Denying the familiar smell of Koisplash coming from the same direction.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recklessgod » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:59 pm

Frecklepaw - In camp - Tags: Flipbeetle, Cranestar,

Frecklepaw stretches his legs as he stood. His mentor, Flipbeetle has been pacing back and forth, waiting to see if they were needed on patrol, but no cat had ever shown to tell them. He padded over just in time to hear that Cranestar wanted him and some others to stay back to guard camp. His chest puffed out. He could guard camp with the others. It would be fine. Two cats were missing, though he was sure they probably just got an early start on patrol.
recklessgod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tainted~Wings » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Daydream
His eyes widened. "Spiderpaw.... go get cranestar.... I think we found koisplash..." he swallowed. He wasn't exactly sure what had happened but with two members missing, this looked odd finding koisplash and not pinefrost. He stepped forward slowly hoping he'd just find his clanmates passed out and it was death smell from prey but he hadn't held hope
Tainted~Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me