♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: ♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Postby liv :) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:57 pm

herontail (tagged: foxtail)
    the solid grey she-cat could hardly stand to listen to the nonsense spilling out of foxtail's mouth. her tone was sickly sweet, obviously a complete facade to cover her true intentions. foxtail may be an annoyance; but she was no idiot-- as much as herontail would like to believe otherwise. the ginger molly knew that directly insulting herontail or blatantly picking a fight would only make her look bad in the end. herontail could almost bring herself to respect the outspoken warrior, if it weren't for the fact that the mutual dislike between the two of them was so incredibly strong. foxtail's game is snide remarks with hidden meanings. this fishface must think she's so powerful, picking on my fear, she thought, glaring into foxtail's spiteful amber eyes with her own piercing green gaze. so she wants to be petty? two can play at that game.

"yep. there's no kits here!" she responded, her voice draped in a false cheery pitch. while her tone communicated happiness and lightness of heart, her exasperated scowl told an entirely different message. "it feels like it's been so long since we've had kits around here. but i suppose it was only a short two moons ago when my apprentice tumblepaw was still in the nursery." herontail offered foxtail an innocent grin. "say, how long ago was it when you were appointed an apprentice?" she queried, pretending to have forgotten that foxtail hasn't yet been assigned an apprentice. she suddenly changed her expression to feign remembrance of the warrior's current situation. "oh! that's right... you can't be trusted with-- er... haven't been given an apprentice yet."

herontail faked misspeaking and a stutter to get her point across: she wanted foxtail to think that she had just accidentally revealed a secret that was meant to be hidden. by mentioning that foxtail "can't be trusted with" an apprentice, she intended to suggest that she was aware of something the other she-cat wasn't. she was the loving sister of their leader, troutstar, after all. if there was anyone that would know if troutstar didn't trust foxtail with an apprentice, it would be herontail. truth be told, this wasn't the case at all. troutstar had no problem with foxtail and the fact that she didn't have an apprentice yet was a mere coincidence. foxtail didn't know that, though.

troutstar (tagged: finchtail)
    (see previous post)
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Foxtail / female / heterosexual / 30 moons / warrior / location: / tags: open

A look of genuine surprise flashed across Foxtail’s face. Not trusted with an apprentice? Oh right...it’s probably because of those incidents..Wait, no Troutstar wouldn’t have known about that...what is she suggesting..? She looked over the gray molly and a cruel smile curled on her lips.

“Of course! I likely couldn’t handle a cripple like Tumblepaw or a pushover like Shiningpaw,” She meowed . “It takes a lot of patience to put up with useless kits like that.” Her amber eyes narrowed at Herontail, searching her bold green eyes, curious to how she would respond. After pondering for a second, she laughed coldly. “Though, I will admit, having Sheeppaw as an apprentice would be nice. He’s a promising tom. Probably our only good apprentice, luckily he wasn’t given a poor mentor like some of our other apprentices.”

Rockspring / male / heterosexual / 83 moons / elder / location: / tags: open

Read previous post

Shiningpaw / female / heterosexual / 6 moons / apprentice / location: / tags: open

THREE TIMES?! Her mind exclaimed. I didn’t realize how much warriors fish... she thought with an internal sigh. Well of course, we need food to sustain ourselves after all, and it doesn’t just appear. She thought for a second, realizing justa little more about clan life, before turning her attention back to the water.

After staring for a minute, her eyes caught movement, and she swept her paw in an arc, not any clumsier but only a bit better, into the water, and clawed into her prey- a large leaf that had been pushed through the current by the rain. Her fur grew hot as she glanced at her mentor, nervous Milkpelt would be upset.
Last edited by dinolover519 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fallowstride || 5

Postby shortstop » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 am

ɴᴀᴍᴇ; Fallowstride
ᴀɢᴇ; 46 Moons
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ; Tom
ʀᴀɴᴋ; Warrior
ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇ; -
ғᴏʀᴍ; Here
ᴛᴀɢɢᴇᴅ; Rockspring,
Palestone
F a l l o w s t r i d e
He listened intently to Rockspring's suggestions, nodding along to his line of thought. He hadn't much liked Redspeckle as a cat; she had shared Troutstar's views on Fallowstride's upbringing. But he couldn't argue that she had made a fine deputy. She was strong and arrogant in all the right ways, managing the Clan's time in an expert fashion. Fallowstride couldn't say anything bad about any of that.
"Milkpelt has her head on right, and a strong heart to go with it," the dusty brown tom said in agreement. "Herontail has a way with words that's admirable, and she's levelheaded on top of that. I imagine that Troutstar is going to have a hard time making a choice."
Fallowstride glanced outside of the den. The rain was growing lighter now, closer to a light misting of water than thick, heavy raindrops. He turned back to Rockspring and Palestone, smiling as he stood up.
"Thank you both for your time this morning," he said, bowing his head gratefully. "I'll catch up with you this evening, but for now I've got to get back to work."
He padded quietly out of the den, ignoring the mist that clung to his thin coat. Most of the Clan had woken up by now, and the sun was fully risen above the horizon. Fallowstride hummed to himself; what should he do now? Go back to fishing? Wait to see if a patrol would be formed? There were many options, and he decided to see what the others were doing in case he could hop in somewhere.
Last edited by shortstop on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 pm

herontail (tagged: foxtail)
    herontail smirked upon regarding the startled expression on foxtail's wily face. for a split second, she had thought that she had finally gotten the best of this foe. of course, that was simply not the case. with a straight face, herontail watched and listened to the ginger warrior as she spat back in a cool and collected manner. foxtail's ability to say such ridiculously, outrageously insulting things so ingeniously and craftily while never showing her temper was both infuriating and impressive. herontail bit her lip as the she-cat spoke to prevent herself from speaking out; she would not be the one to fail. she would be the bigger cat. this feign small talk was in reality a competition between the two-- and herontail was sure that they were both well aware of this.

heat began to rise inside of herontail, flames lapping at her belly as she listened to the cruel comments that this antagonizer made about the apprentices. she could simply not understand how the molly could say such mean-spirited things about these young, innocent cats who had truly done her no wrong... all while keeping her tone of voice so cheerful and lighthearted. what a horrible cat, she thought, feeling her fur prickle upon the mention of her sweet little apprentice tumblepaw. how could any cat look at such young cats-- kits, really-- and lack the decency to be capable of thinking such thoughts? disgusting. as much as herontail would have liked to struck the bully right across her smug face right then and there, she refrained from doing so. she wanted to remain civil.

"picking on the little ones, now are we?" she responded, chuckling darkly. "my, my. i can only imagine how it must feel to wish to resort to such things..." the grey molly offered foxtail a completely artificial smile, her pearly white fangs glinting. the tension between the two cats was so tangible that herontail could practically slice through it with her claws. contrary to the previous few sentences that the fellow warriors had shared-- which has been filled with discreet mockery-- any cat could walk into their conversation right and be able to taste the hatred in the air.

with narrowed eyes and dilated pupils, herontail listened angrily to foxtail's next comment. in what world does foxtail think that she would like to have an apprentice? she wondered, releasing an inaudible huff of irritation after the fox-red she-cat made a sly comment about how some of the other apprentices had "bad mentors". clearly an indirect insult aimed right at her. she would hardly be fit for the job.

"i think you may be a tad diluted, foxtail," herontail exclaimed, a false goodnatured lilt filling her words with airiness. she sounded as if she was on the verge of giggling. "all of our apprentices have potential; perhaps even more so than you had demonstrated at their age. regardless, you seem to have a lot to say about our apprentices and their mentors. i suggest bringing your concerns to troutstar's attention, seeing as you're obviously very unhappy about such significant things."

troutstar (tagged: finchtail)
    (see previous post)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 pm

Foxtail / female / heterosexual / 30 moons / warrior / location: / tags: open, Herontail

Her narrow amber eyes widened ever so slightly, a small twitch revealing her surprise. Never before had Herontail stood up for herself like this. The soft spoken she-cat rarely spoke to Foxtail, let alone stood up against Foxtail’s sharp tongue. Her bravery is suspicious...what is it that she’s hiding?...or what is it that she knows?.. She scanned the gray molly’s piercing green gaze and sarcastic smile. Any cat walking by might mistake their conversation for friendly chatter, but on closer examination, they could see the She cats were engaged in a verbal war.I guess it’s time to play my final move... Her fangs glinted.

The ginger molly sighed dramatically. “Oh! You’re right, I’m being much too harsh on the little ones, I guess I’m just jealous of their youth, it seems only yesterday I was receiving my warrior name,” She mewed, her eyes mocking a look of rememberance. “I wouldn’t dare bother Troutstar with such silly tellings, he has much more important things to worry about.” She tried her best to make her smile seem genuine, hoping Herontail wouldn’t notice the malicious glint in her amber stare.

“I could never be a mentor! It’s much too difficult of a task,” she said softer, as if sharing on a secret.”I don’t know how Milkpelt, Finchtail, and Pebblesky manage it!” She spoke the name’s quickly, making it seem like the molly’s omitted name was a slip of the tongue. A drop of water splashed by her feet, reminding her of a final threat.

“Speaking of apprenticehood, I remember Rockspring telling me that when he was an apprentice, a storm grew to the point that lighting came down and destroyed a tree, which in turn destroyed half of camp! Terrifying...” she let out a fake shudder and her white tipped tail fluffed out as if in fear, though her eyes smiled at playing with Herontail’s silly fear.

Rockspring / male / heterosexual / 83 moons / elder / location: elders den / tags: open

He enjoyed the rest of the fish as he watched the younger tom leave. “Poor thing, I know he’s lived a hard life in this clan...” he muttered. “If only some would get over this prejudice and accept him for what he is, a fine warrior.” He sat down and curled his tail over his cold paws. “There’s no problem with the lad, hai heart’s in the right place, and many a loner has joined our ranks with relative ease. I just don’t understand why many can’t accept a kittypet, especially one who has forsaken their old life so easily and followed the warrior code.” He licked his paw and stretched it behind his ear, joints aching a bit as he tried to clean himself.

Shiningpaw / female / heterosexual / 6 moons / apprentice / location: / tags: open

Previous post
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fallowstride || 6

Postby shortstop » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:18 pm

ɴᴀᴍᴇ; Fallowstride
ᴀɢᴇ; 46 Moons
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ; Tom
ʀᴀɴᴋ; Warrior
ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇ; -
ғᴏʀᴍ; Here
ᴛᴀɢɢᴇᴅ; Foxtail,
Herontail
F a l l o w s t r i d e
He took one step towards the center of the camp before raised voices forced his attention off of the task ahead and onto the argument that was taking place between Foxtail and Herontail. Fallowstride tsked, shaking his head at the quarreling warriors, but he wasn't not emotionally invested enough to step in. Instead, he sat down to enjoy the show.
Fallowstride had never exactly been...good, with words. He was a little on the blunt side, saying what was needed and not much else. If he could get his point across in a single sentence, then what was the point of going off on a tangent? But he admired the way that these she-cats could twist their words around like sharp claws and cause as much emotional turmoil as the physical claws caused injury. He was almost a little envious. Almost, until he heard Foxtail bring up the falling tree.
Rockspring had brought that story up in the past but never in great detail, and Fallowstride tensed. It seemed to be a very sore topic with Herontail, and the dusty brown tom wondered how she would handle it. It helped that Fallowstride and Herontail didn't outright hate each other, so he was immediately much more on her side than on Foxtail's. Should he step in? His head tilted ever so slightly as he took in what he was hearing. No, he would wait a little and see what she said next. Then he would make a decision.
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✯ lovely little family no.6 )

Postby stranger danger » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 pm

𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑲𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑻[ mentioned: shiningpaw ✧ with shiningpaw ✧ feeling fine ✧ currently at the lake]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

milkpelt lets out a light-hearted laugh, looking at her young apprentice with kind eyes. "if it will be of any assistance, i could fish with you." offers the she-cat, leaving from the side of her rock, and going back into the shallows. "to prevent little mistakes like that, all you have to do is be a little more patient." she points with a claw towards a couple of drifting leaves. "those used to trip me up too. all you have to do on a sunny day is look for the gleam of scales. but on a day like today..." she looks up towards the sky. "patience is truly key." she demonstrates proper technique once more, slicing up a fish into the air with a flourish. "that's sa trick that will take time. oh! also, i forgot to mention, if your claws ache a little bit afterward it's normal. if it hurts any longer, go see doestep." her eyestrain on the water, watching for movement. as she fished, her thoughts wandered.

many moons ago, when she was still milkpaw, whitepetal stood next to her, playfully pouncing on fish and scaring all the good prey away. some of the older apprentices and warriors grumbled and moved downstream, and milkpaw only rolled her eyes. "whitepaw, quit it!" she shouted, splashing water in her direction. whitepaw only giggled laughing louder and splashed her back, skipping upstream. the pair spent the day laughing, instead of doing their hunting. they were reprimanded greatly - but now, milkpelt wouldn't have changed the moment for the world.

now she's zoned out, her claws hanging over the water.

𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑷𝑷𝑨𝑾[ mentioned: pebblesky✧ with pebblesky ✧ feeling annoyed, content ✧ currently in camp ]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

see prev. post! <3
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: pebblesky & tumblepaw

Postby broken* » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:42 pm

. ── P E B B L E S K Y
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 42 moons ) ( molly ) ( warrior ) ( mentors sheeppaw ) ( tags: sheeppaw ) ( location: camp )
    . ── petite frame, lean but fit body, with long-silky fur. calico coloration,
    mainly black though, green eyes w/ splash of brown.

the calico molly knew that for some reason her apprentice liked her, which she was thankful for. she knew there were some mentors and apprentices in the clan who did not get along, for whatever reasons they may have, and she was blessed to have such an incredible apprentice. yes, he had his flaws, like always poking his nose where it didnt belong and getting into trouble, but that was something he would (hopefully) get past as he grew up. at his excitement, she couldnt help but chuckle a bit, nodding her petite head and giving him a gentle nudge to the rear hip. "yes, i think there are plenty of cats who have not eaten yet, so i think theres nothing better for us to do then go fishing, and improve your skills. what do you think? you agree sheeppaw?"

. ── T U M B L E P A W
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 7 moons ) ( tom ) ( apprentice ) ( mentored by herontail ) ( tags: doestep, herontail, foxtail ) ( location: camp )
    . ── thin, scrawny body with long lanky legs that he's constantly tripping over.
    short fur thats mainly white, with a red 'mask', & dark gray eyes.

the small little tom was well known for his clutzy nature and tragic backstory; his mother died in some sort of freak accident when he was less than a moon old, and because of that he didnt get as much of her milk as he needed to. according to the medicine cat, a queens milk was the only thing that could strengthen a young cats bones while he was growing, and because he didnt get that, his bones are all pretty brittle and weak. thus why he was always tripping over himself, hurting himself, going to the medicine cats den; he was lucky he had never broken any bones yet, but he had done pretty much every other injury to himself you could think of, mainly by accident of course. but what most cats didnt know about the little tom was that he had incredible hearing; it was like his one 'plus' or skill really. and since he was still near the edge of the medicine cats den, his ears perked up a bit and he found himself turning and poking out his head when he heard his name; however the words that followed cut deep. 'a cripple like tumblepaw...' the words rang over and over again in his head, and all he wanted to do was cry. was that how everyone saw him? some useless cripple who would never be able to be a good warrior for the clan? he didnt know what really came over him, but in the blink of an eye he had bolted from doesteps side and was standing between his mentor and the orange she-cat who had called him a cripple. compared to her he was tiny, but he was furious, and he knew if his sister was still alive she would have this molly's fur skinned for calling him such. his ears pinned flat, his hackles raised, and he hissed right at her. his voice was loud, practically shouting which was uncommon for him, so anyone around the camp could hear him. "foxtail, how dare you call me a cripple! you should be ashamed of yourself; if you think im so useless then tell me to my face, dont say im a cripple behind my back like a coward! cause thats what you are, a meanie and a coward!"
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 pm

herontail (tagged: foxtail, fallowstride, tumblepaw)
    surprised at her apprentice's sudden outburst, she gently set her tail on his back. "please, stay out of this tumblepaw," she whispered to him gently. "you cannot reason with cats like foxtail, nor can you make them regret their actions." she felt terrible that her dear apprentice, a sweet cat who did no harm, had to hear the she-cat's cruel words. she rubbed her face on his in a gesture of comfort, hoping to let him know that foxtail's words had no meaning behind them. she was just a mean cat.

she turned back to foxtail, listening to what she said. herontail knew that with cats like foxtail, you must always remain cautious. keeping your guard up was a necessity; especially when said cat had an advantage on you. herontail's fear of storms stemmed from a night she once had to spend alone as a kit. her mother and brother, troutstar, had contracted a case of whitecough. thus, they had to sleep in the medicine den. this was to prevent passing it on to the other inhabitants of the nursery and allow the medicine cat to keep an eye on them in there sleep. troutkit had been particularly concerning, as having a sick kit is not only potentially fatal but also very saddening to watch.

unfortunately for little heronkit, there was an outrageous storm that occurred that night. there had been no other queens in the nursery, and her father was out on night patrol. she had to sleep alone during the storm. needless to say, she was permanently traumatized. although she barely remembers that wretched night, herontail had been scarred from that experience and still holds a ridiculous paranoia of rain to this day. herontail isn't a coward nor is she anxiety-ridden, but her weakness and most irrational fear has always lied with all scary weather-related things.

herontail was prepared to end this dispute, as foxtail seemed to be giving up on trying to get a rise out of her. thank starclan, she thought, a small rush of relief filling her. but it's not over, yet. herontail still felt uneasy. there was something not quite right about the way that the ginger warrior spoke. foxtail was planning something. at first, it seemed to be something spiteful but inconsequential-- pretending to forget that she, too was a mentor. silly. as if herontail, the queen of sarcasm wouldn't catch that one!

but then foxtail mentioned the dreaded lightning storm. it was a bit of a legend in lakeclan storytelling-- she remembered being told the tale by the elders when she was young. and she remembered being terrified, as it only ignited her very recent trauma regarding the subject. herontail wasn't overly scared, so to speak, of the she-cat's words. the current rain that they were experiencing had withdrawn to but a small, misty drizzle. herontail was of course unsettled at the mention of her deepest fear, and the fur on her back immediately fluffed up. but most of all, herontail felt anger. anger that this she-cat of little influence only wished to pick on her, mocking her in every which way. she would not stand for this any longer, she would not allow herself to be made a fool of. she had to walk away.

"may starclan reject your soul," she cursed, spitting the words in a low mutter. "let's go, tumblepaw." she turned away from her rival, keeping her tail held high despite her fur which now stood on edge. in her sheer rage, she barely noticed where she was storming off to. in a blind panic, she nearly crashed into fallowstride who stood watching the two bicker. she was too upset to apologize or even question why he had been entertaining himself by watching the argument, so she continued onwards.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Foxtail / female / heterosexual / 30 moons / warrior / location: camp, then nearby camp / tags: open

May starclan reject your soul... The words, a deepest insult to the born warrior, filled her mind.Foxtail glared at the fleeing shecat and her nasty apprentice, going over to the worthless kittypet, Fallowstride. She trotted away from the three, heading out the camp and into the nearby wooded area. This was her quiet area, no cat would be here at this time, when the fish were fresh and the camp was wet.

Doghearted fishbrain! How dare she act all high and mighty! The ginger molly scratched at a nearby tree, leaving deep claw marks. The rage she had kept calm and controlled ran loose away from the camp, her teeth bared and fur fluffed. Our clan is a mess! The few bloodlines we have left are tainted by traitors... her mind filtered through the various cats. Rogue and loner kits, kittypets, half-clan monsters.... She gritted her teeth as she attacked another tree in her fury.

She took a second to catch her breath. It didn’t matter, calmed, she began to trot towards the shore to fish, hoping no cat noticed her fury.

Rockspring / male / heterosexual / 83 moons / elder / location: / tags: open

Previous post:
He enjoyed the rest of the fish as he watched the younger tom leave. “Poor thing, I know he’s lived a hard life in this clan...” he muttered. “If only some would get over this prejudice and accept him for what he is, a fine warrior.” He sat down and curled his tail over his cold paws. “There’s no problem with the lad, hai heart’s in the right place, and many a loner has joined our ranks with relative ease. I just don’t understand why many can’t accept a kittypet, especially one who has forsaken their old life so easily and followed the warrior code.” He licked his paw and stretched it behind his ear, joints aching a bit as he tried to clean himself.

Shiningpaw / female / heterosexual / 6 moons / apprentice / location:lakeshore / tags: open, Milkpelt

She watched as her mentor froze, completely zoned out by the water’s edge. “Milkpelt?” Shiningpaw memes quietly. “Are you alright?” Her mismatched eyes gazed the face of her mentor, displaying a deeper intelligence then her normal shyness. She shook her wet white fur a little as she readjusted herself and then turned her atttntion back to her spaces out mentor.
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me