♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

fallowstride || 4

Postby shortstop » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 am

ɴᴀᴍᴇ; Fallowstride
ᴀɢᴇ; 46 Moons
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ; Tom
ʀᴀɴᴋ; Warrior
ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇ; -
ғᴏʀᴍ; Here
ᴛᴀɢɢᴇᴅ; Rockspring,
Palestone
F a l l o w s t r i d e
He nodded thoughtfully as the two elders discussed the recent events among themselves. He frowned when Rockspring mentioned the situation surrounding Troutstar choosing a deputy. It was something that Fallowstride would be more than interested in doing, but he was certain that he would be passed over due to Troutstar's distrust of him. If Fallowstride ever became leader, the first thing he'd do would be to preach acceptance. But that was a kit-ish dream, and he took a breath before he grew frustrated.
"I wonder who he will end up choosing," the dusty brown tom thought aloud. "Do you two have any thoughts?"
Fallowstride was always curious about what the two elders thought about current events. He imagined that they had seen a lot in their lives, so they had a certain amount of wisdom about the world. Maybe they saw something in someone? Perhaps they could even advise Troutstar about it.
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

06 " he came from where the winds are cold "

Postby eleutheromania » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 am

𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑶𝑾𝑷𝑨𝑾 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛
    sex: tom ❙ ❙ age: eleven moons ❙ ❙ rank: apprentice ❙ ❙ mentions: finchtail ❙ ❙ tags: doestep, milkpelt
    he nodded to the medicine cat's greeting towards him and her gratitude. the tom frowned at the mention of her brother and the fact that the warrior had not been sleeping well. of course this had to be the reason why finchtail was already more moody than normal. great, now he would have to deal with a sleep deprived version as if the current one was not enough. he showed little to no interest in her words, though the information was enough for him to deal with his mentor should he have to again which he would. after all, he still had training though finchtail seemed to have little else to teach him anyway. of course that was not his mentor's fault, minnowpaw usually went out on his own to strengthen his skills in the first place, though it seemed he only showed subpar skills when he was with finchtail.

"he was just in camp but i'm sure he probably left as usual." the tom said in response to her before he realized someone was behind him. the apprentice moved further within the den before he sat down on his haunches, seeing that they cat was milkpelt. he supposed he should probably alert her of shinningpaw at the lake, though of course he didn't know she had returned. "if you're looking for shinningpaw, she was at the lake attempting to fish on her own not too long ago. i alerted troutstar just in case anything were to happen though hopefully she is safe and on her way back by now." the tom said to the molly as he gave his paw a few licks.

the smells within the den were soothing, as the tom had spent the majority of his kit hood after being weaned here with his mother. though it did bring back rather painful memories of watching her grow more and more frail as he aged, the tom knew not to allow such things to sour his views of the den. his attention turned back to doestep, wondering if the molly needed anything to stock, the tom had picked up a few things about the herbs having been around them quite often, though he was not skilled with them. he only knew a few by name and scent but little of what they did minus three or four.

minnowpaw made sure to allowed milkpelt to speak should the molly need to with doestep before he spoke to the medicine cat again. "hey doestep?" he said questionably before his gaze turned to the area which he knew the herbs were kept. "are you low on anything i could help pick up? i mean i only remember a few by scent but i'm sure i could help out if need be." the tom asked, though a little hesitant.

eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

pebblesky & tumblepaw

Postby broken* » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:35 am

. ── P E B B L E S K Y
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 42 moons ) ( molly ) ( warrior ) ( mentors sheeppaw ) ( tags: sheeppaw ) ( location: camp )
    . ── petite frame, lean but fit body, with long-silky fur. calico coloration,
    mainly black though, green eyes w/ splash of brown.

the calico molly tended to be one of the first to awaken in the clan, pretty much every day really. it was a habit that she had developed as a young apprentice, enjoying being up early for she was able to watch the beauty of the sun rising up into the sky. she hoped to one day have someone, a mate, to share this type of beauty with but she wasnt the most active in seeking out a romance; she was more focused on helping her clan thrive and being the best warrior she could be, at the moment. she had taken notice to the clan leader slipping out of camp, and knowing him, he was likely going fishing. she remained where she was laying, dangling from a branch up in one of the trees that surrounded the camp, and allowed her bright eyes to wander from cat to cat, seeing who was engaging with who, who was still sleeping, that sort of thing. she wasnt nosy per say, she just enjoyed watching and learning, as she called it. seeing her white apprentice looking around the camp, she recognized the mischievous gleam in his amber eyes, and with a chuckle she decided it was time to come out of hiding. gracefully jumping down from her perch, she approached the tom from behind, playfully nudging his hip as she appeared at his side, a deep purr in her throat as she greeted him. he was a trouble maker sometimes, but she loved her apprentice like a son. "good morning sheeppaw. i hope you slept well darling. ready to go fishing?"

. ── T U M B L E P A W
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 7 moons ) ( tom ) ( apprentice ) ( mentored by herontail ) ( tags: doestep, minnowpaw ) ( location: med cat den )
    . ── thin, scrawny body with long lanky legs that he's constantly tripping over.
    short fur thats mainly white, with a red 'mask', & dark gray eyes.

the small little tom didnt hate the rain; if anything, he actually enjoyed when it stormed. he loved the water, loved the cool refreshing feeling it gave him when it washed over him. but there was one thing about it he didnt like, and that was when the falling water came in the form of a thunderstorm. the loud booms were what had kept him up that night, waking him constantly through his sleep, and thus he had not been able to rest very much. with a sigh, he finally blinked his gray eyes open, looking around and realizing he was the last apprentice in the den. he felt embarrassed by this realization, and rushed to his feet, only to move too fast and tumble right back down, basically falling over himself. with an annoyed huff, he more slowly got up again, and poked his head out of the den. he noticed the rain had lessened, more so a gentle sprinkle now, and he enjoyed that; so he smiled. spotting his mentor, he was ready to approach her, but he noticed who she was with foxtail, a molly who was always quite mean to him, and he changed his path of walking very quickly. he instead headed for the medicine den, slipping inside. he smiled at doestep and minnowpaw, trying not to blush when he felt heat run through him at the sight of the other apprentice; he always thought minnowpaw was very handsome, but he kept that to himself, so he just gave a polite nod in greeting to the tojm. rushing up to doesteps side, he tripped again, and tumbled into her chest. shaking his head as he sat up, he gave a goofy grin, reaching up to lick her cheek. doestep had been like a mother to him since the disappearance of his mother, and especially now with passing of his sister. "morning doestep! do you have anything i can help you with? i was gonna go ask herontail but she's with foxtail, and foxtail's always been really mean to me, so i came here instead!"
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✯ lovely little family no.3 )

Postby stranger danger » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:26 am

𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑲𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑻[ mentioned: minnowpaw, doestep, shiningpaw ✧ with shiningpaw ✧ feeling fine ✧ currently at camp]
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

she dips her head to minnowpaw in thanks, deciding instead to come to doetail later about her dreams. "ah, thank you, minnowpaw. doestep, i'll come back later." she quietly slips out of the den, her sights set on the lake. she passes by her nephew and his mentor in the clearing and smiles, almost running into her own apprentice. "shiningpaw! there you are. minnowpaw had just told me you were at the lake." she gently sniffs the young apprentice, checking for any scent of caught fish. "how did you fare?" milkpelt's gaze follows the apprentice's to the fish and tsks slightly, not surprised, and slightly disappointed. "no matter. come. we'll go back and i'll show you how to properly catch a fish." not listening for any complaints, the warrior sets a brisk pace for the lake taking quick pawsteps with her head held high. hopefully, she could also teach the young one about having confidence in herself.

𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑷𝑷𝑨𝑾[ mentioned: pebblesky✧ with pebblesky ✧ feeling annoyed, content ✧ currently in camp ]

right before the young tom decided to go pester someone, pebblesky bounced gracefully to his side, nudging him in the hip. the young apprentice snorts, but bumps his head under her chin in greeting."g'morning," he says softly, his anger slowly melting into a more annoyed feeling. pebblesky seemed to have that affect. ever since he was apprenticed to her, he's become to see her as he sees milkpelt - though he knows he can't cheese his way into getting what he wants with her. "what are we doing today?" he asks, his voice picking up excitedly. maybe they'd do some mock battles, or fishing, or scentng. anything to do with learning made him bounce on his heels. afterall - every day was one day closer to being a warrior! he flashes a quick smile at pebblesky, letting her know that he'd be rather compliant today.
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♒lakeclan ♒ | started

Postby liv :) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 am

troutstar (tagged: minnowpaw, shiningpaw, finchtail)
    troutstar gave minnowpaw one final nod, his movement very small as he did so. the tom was honestly quite relieved that the apprentice was finished with his hunting. not only did it give him some space to do his own fishing, but it meant that he would likely go see finchtail for training soon. troutstar had noticed that the pair didn't seem to be getting along. they were among the first mentor/apprentice pairs that troutstar had chosen since receiving his nine lives from starclan-- the fact that they seemed incompatible greatly disappointed him. however, troutstar refused to believe that he had made the wrong choice... instead, he hoped that they would work it out between themselves. if not, there was only a moon left in minnowpaw's career as an apprentice. they would soon not be forced to interact.

before minnowpaw left, the young tom had made a brief comment about shiningpaw. troutstar glanced over into the distance to where the youthful she-cat was coming out of the shallows. shiningpaws had only just reached six moons old; she was still a kit, truly. how dangerous of her to be out here alone, without her mentor milkpelt, he silently pondered, slowly walking towards the waves that lapped at the beach. no point in confronting her, however. she ought to learn that swimming and fishing without supervision when you're inexperienced only has a negative result. i shan't intervene. maybe it was a little hypocritical for troutstar to be shocked at how reckless shiningpaw was being, considering he used to break the rules as a young one all the time. he has been dipping his paws in the fresh, beautiful water of the lake since he was a mere three moons old. that being said, now that he's matured and thinks a little more rationally, he can see how idiotic he was... not that he doesn't make stupid decisions anymore. regardless, troutstar would never allow a kit to be as foolish as he had been. shiningpaw was an apprentice, however, so it wasn't disallowed for her to be doing so; just not recommended. apprentices needed to learn independence somehow, so it was times like this in which the leader chose to step back.

shiningpaw left the beach as soon as troutstar began to swim into the dark, murky waters. the rain droplets splashed onto the water body's delicate surface, sending ripples across the waves. the lake was generally very calm and clear with little movement, but the storm made the water a touch frisky on this rainy day. regardless, troutstar was experienced and skillful enough in the art of swimming and fishing to not be distressed at all by this mildly inconvenient weather. using his long, slender tail as a rudder, the tabby tom swam deeper into the lake. he kept on the surface, occasionally dunking his head just under to peer beneath him and spot the shadows of fish. the aquatic wildlife was numerous-- drawn out by the rain. the sun was just beginning to peak over the trees in the forest; it was the perfect time of day for fishing. the water was indeed a tad cold-- as minnowpaw had mentioned-- but his thick coat of fur insulated him.

he tread water for a moment, staying as still as possible so that the fish wouldn't see him there. it helped that his underbelly was white: making him even more indistinguishable to his scaly, slippery prey that lurked in the depths. the distinct shadow of an unsuspecting fish began to draw closer to the tom, swimming upwards. with a well-aimed paw, he timed his strike so that it would catch the side of the fish mere moments before it realized that a predator was watching. with the fish hooked onto his sharp claws, he lifted the animal to his mouth so that he may carry it to shore. the creature was still alive, so he chomped down on it to deliver its death blow. with strong strokes, he swam to the shore and left the water. he dropped the fish by his paws and made sure to give thanks to his ancestors, "thank you, starclan, for the life of this prey."

he turned around, planning to go in for a second round before the sound of a familiar voice greeted him. he spun to see finchtail, minnowpaw's mentor. troutstar was surprised. he had assumed that minnowpaw left to be with his mentor. i shouldn't be making assumptions. the two clearly don't get along, what else did i expect? troutstar offered the warrior a polite smile, noticing his stutter but not thinking much of it. "greetings finchtail," he said with a short nod, sitting down near his fresh-kill. "here for a quick hunt? minnowpaw was with me earlier. i'm surprised you're not with him at the moment." troutstar was in fact not surprised at this fact, but was quite curious as to how finchtail would respond.
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 am

Foxtail / female / heterosexual / 30 moons / warrior / location: / tags: open

(Previous post)

Rockspring / male / heterosexual / 83 moons / elder / location: / tags: open

(Will post later)

Shiningpaw / female / heterosexual / 6 moons / apprentice / location: camp / tags: Milkpelt open

Her fur felt hot with embarrassment. She just didn’t want to be useless. I’lol never be a warrior! I can’t even defeat a fish, and my mentor probably hates me... She held in the water that threatened to leak from her eyes.

Shingpaw nodded and followed Milkpelt, not daring to admit what had really happened, how she didn’t even want to kill the fish, and how it had nearly knocked her over. Maybe I’m not meant to be a warrior. I know Rockspring thinks I should, but maybe I would have been better off dead with the rest of my siblings, or a loner out in the woods... She sighed, hoping Minnowpaw and Troutstar wouldn’t announce her failures.
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✯ lovely little family no.4 )

Postby stranger danger » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 am

𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑲𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑻[ mentioned: shiningpaw ✧ with shiningpaw ✧ feeling fine ✧ currently at the lake]

as they neared the lake, milkpelt took occasional glances at her apprentice. determination filled her belly with every look. she wouldn't let this young she-cat give up on herself. she smiles softly as they near the water, finding a good place to wade in and fish in the shallows. she wouldn't teach such a young cat to swim just yet, plus it was much to rainy. she might just get swept off her feet standing in the shallows. beckoning the young one closer with her tail, picking up her right paw and arching it. her claws slid out, gleaming in the paleness of day. "listen close, little one. arch your paw like this, which ever one of your choosing, and let your claws come out." she waits for a moment, allowing the apprentice to do it herself, and then continuing on, eyes back on the water. "if you stand still, the fish will return and you can watch for them. but when the time comes..." her voice trails and her pupils thin. a fish comes to close and she strikes! quickly dispatching the fish, she takes it back to shore's edge, leaving it on a rock. the scales gleamed proudly as milkpelt felt. she turns towards shiningpaw and smiles. "you try. i'll be right here."

𝑺𝑯𝑬𝑬𝑷𝑷𝑨𝑾[ mentioned: pebblesky✧ with pebblesky ✧ feeling annoyed, content ✧ currently in camp ]

right before the young tom decided to go pester someone, pebblesky bounced gracefully to his side, nudging him in the hip. the young apprentice snorts, but bumps his head under her chin in greeting."g'morning," he says softly, his anger slowly melting into a more annoyed feeling. pebblesky seemed to have that affect. ever since he was apprenticed to her, he's become to see her as he sees milkpelt - though he knows he can't cheese his way into getting what he wants with her. "what are we doing today?" he asks, his voice picking up excitedly. maybe they'd do some mock battles, or fishing, or scentng. anything to do with learning made him bounce on his heels. afterall - every day was one day closer to being a warrior! he flashes a quick smile at pebblesky, letting her know that he'd be rather compliant today.
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby liv :) » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:16 am

herontail (tagged: finchtail, foxtail)
    as foxtail spoke, herontail scrutinized the ginger she-cat. she noted the glaringly obvious mischievous glint in the warrior's amber eyes; they screamed trouble. for the sake of not letting this pesky cat get the best of her, she wished to maintain composure. now that she had exited the warriors' den, the storm didn't feel nearly as threatening. in fact, the rain was beginning to die down and gradually become less and less heavy. this and the fact that herontail would not allow herself to be ridiculed by the snarky foxtail helped her hold her chin high. herontail was not one to make a scene or pick fights, so she always kept her emotions and intentions low-key: subtle insults and comments, words dripping with sarcasm, and voice icy cold with disinterest. it was perhaps for this reason that she had no close friends.

herontail flicked her ears in irritation upon foxtail's malicious comment about the weather. the she-cat was clearly not being serious-- no cat in their right mind would call today a "lovely morning". herontail took her words personally, as a direct attack on her fear of rainstorms. her derision is clearly meant to get a rise out of me! herontail thought, exhaling a sharp huff of annoyance. what an absolute, utter fish-brain. with narrowed eyes, herontail prepared to fire a comment back. "a lovely morning?" she snorted, tail flicking. she was about to speak again, but finchtail greeted the pair of she-cats.

"morning, finchtail," she responded to the tom, her tone suddenly changing from sardonically hostile to lukewarm and well-mannered. she and finchtail weren't close, but she liked the tom a whole lot better than the troublesome foxtail. she didn't want the vexation from her current conversation with the molly to carry over in her words to finchtail. she cautiously watched as he passed by. as soon as she was out of earshot, she spoke once again to foxtail. "i don't know about you, but i've had many mornings much lovelier than this."

troutstar (tagged: finchtail)
    (see previous post)
liv :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dinolover519 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:36 am

Foxtail / female / heterosexual / 30 moons / warrior / location: / tags: open, Herontail, Finchtail

Foxtail’s malicious expression softened a tad as Finchtail joined in the conversation. She knew if she attempted to directly start a fight while he was there, Finchtail would put a stop to it. And he would likely side with Herontail... She thought angrily with a twitch of her ears.
She scoffed a tad at Herontail. “Oh, but the fish are running in the streams, fresh prey always makes things better.” Foxtail lied to cover her rudeness, though her eyes showed malicious intentions. With a small grin, she added, “Of course, the storm would scare young kits, but we currently don’t have any of those in camp.”

Rockspring / male / heterosexual / 83 moons / elder / location: den / tags: Fallowstride, Palestone,open

Rockspring was a tad surprised at Fallowstride’s question. After eating another bite of the prey, he cleared is throat and began his answer.“Well, not just any cat could replace a cat as loyal and brave as Redspeckle, bless her in Starclan..” he explained. “But, I’d say Milkpelt is a sure contender, perhaps Herontail as well. There are other cats that might make good deputies as well,” Like you... he added silently “But, Troutstar is still mourning Redspeckle, and if he picks a cat, it will certainly be one he trusts significantly.” He flinched, holing his bluntness had not offended the younger Tom. He glanced at Palestone, wondering what she would add.

Shiningpaw / female / heterosexual / 6 moons / apprentice / location: lakeshore/ tags: Milkpelt,open

Shiningpaw watched her mentor with respect and appreciation. She tried her best to memorize the graceful movements of the warrior, and when Milkpelt gestures for it to be her turn, she came to the shore and glanced in the water with hope. Come on Shiningpaw! Prove to Milkpelt you’re not useless and male Rockspring proud! She took a deep breath and began to stalk the water, searching for signs of movement. She could feel Milkpelt’s gaze fixated on her, but she ignored it and focused on hunting.

Suddenly, she noticed the tail of a fish from the corner of eye. Mimicking Milkpelt’s movements to the best of her abilities, she arched her paws and let out her claws as she swept at the fish. Spiking the small price of prey with her claws. She killed it clumsily, as if afraid to kill it, but much more successfully than her earlier attempt.

She turned to Milkpelt with the fish in her jaws and let out a purr. ”I did it! She exclaimed around the fish. Thank you starclan for the life of this fish. she added mentally and politely. The prey wasn’t very large, but it was certainly bigger then the scrawny scrap she had caught earlier.
dinolover519

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ✯ lovely little family no.5 )

Postby stranger danger » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:55 pm

𝑴𝑰𝑳𝑲𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑻[ mentioned: shiningpaw ✧ with shiningpaw ✧ feeling fine ✧ currently at the lake]

milkpelt's smile widened as she watched her apprentice attempt to fish. shiningpaw's paw struck out - albeit clumsily, and caught a fish. pride swelled up her chest as she saw the freshkill in her apprentice's mouth. she couldn't resist the purr that broke from her throat. "wonderful. do it again, three times over." she hoped it wasn't too much, but for extra measure, she waded into the shallows next to the small apprentice and got herself ready to fish. "now, you caught the fish, but you have to be surer of your strikes." says the warrior, eyes finding a fish swimming towards them slowly. her pupils thin, concentration setting in. "watch for as long as you need. if it's slower prey, like this one you can take your time - really calculate your movements." she allows the slow fish to swim away, her eyes settling on a quicker, yet smaller, piece of prey. "see, now this one you must be patient, but also be prepared to strike." for a moment she stills completely, claws striking out and missing but her technique was impeccable. "drat. well, you won't catch every piece of prey you lay your eyes on. but it does not mean you should try. alright now, again, three times."

see prev. post! <3
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me