ѧѦѧ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏᴄʟᴀɴ 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: ѧѦѧ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏᴄʟᴀɴ 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ ᴏ&ᴀ

Postby razzberry » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:52 am

─── 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃
      ‹ molly › ‹ 34 moons › ‹ medicine cat › ‹ mentors turtlepaw ›
      ‹ mentions: turtlepaw, nightstar, › ‹ tags: clan ›
      a fluffy chocolate smoke colourpoint with long whiskers and large silver-blue eyes.
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Being an early riser had been a consistent trait of the she-cat's throughout her whole life. Even as a young kit she would usually be the first to open her eyes, often laying there in a tedious wait for the rest of her family to awaken. That morning she had tucked herself away in the back of the den to go over the herbs they had in stock, sifting through the ones that needed to be thrown out and reorganize the piles of herbs she'd grouped together based on their uses. She had been putting aside the old, expired borage and thyme leaves when Nightstar's call came. For a moment the medicine cat debated continuing on with her task but knew it would be a daring display to ignore the leader's summons. Tucking the old leaves far enough away so they wouldn't get mixed back into the pile that was still okay to use, the fluffy molly had risen to her paws just as her apprentice came running into the den, yowling for her to hurry to the gathering. Before Kindlecloud could scold Turtlepaw for running in the den the apprentice was gone again.

She padded from the den and crossed the couple fox-lengths to the edge of the gathered group of cats, sitting down with her plush tail curled around her paws as Nightstar began speaking. Kindlecloud had suspected he would be choosing his deputy within the day or the next and she'd entertained herself in the past days trying to guess who it was that the ebony leader would choose. She'd wagered on Galewhistle or Cardinalheart, mostly because they seemed the most likely to align with Nightstar's own morals with the least amount of manipulation. She thought Applebloom could be a good choice as well, she was a perfectionist but that was hardly anything she could be faulted for. Kindlecloud was a perfectionist herself, especially when it came to her duty as a medicine cat. As she mulled over the options in her head over who Nightstar would choose, it was announced that Cardinalheart had been the chosen one to step up as deputy.

So continues the cycle... the medicine cat thought to herself while a barely audible sigh slipped past her lips. Nonetheless, she joined the chorus of voices that chanted the new deputy's name. Hopefully Cardinalheart's stern aversion to disobeying the warrior code would protect him from any possible manipulation from their leader.

─── 𝐃𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄
      ‹ tomcat › ‹ 49 moons › ‹ warrior › ‹ no apprentice ›
      ‹ mentions: -- › ‹ tags: -- ›
      a long-legged, leanly muscled brown tabby with hazel eyes

He'd been laid out in the warm rays of the morning sun when he first spied the dark form step up to the perch Vulturestar had used to address the clan. Though it was no longer Vulturestar, now it was Nightstar who stood atop and peered down into the camp. Dunespeckle remained on his side for a few seconds longer before he shifted himself upwards into a sitting position just as he anticipated the leader to call the clan to gather. The leggy warrior rose to his feet, pausing briefly to bow his back in a deep stretch that loosened the corded muscles along his spine and legs before merging with the flow of clan mates that moved from the dens to gather. The brown tabby sat still as the tomcat spoke, warning the stragglers that they wouldn't be eating if they missed the meeting. Well that's one way to set a standard Dunespeckle mused to himself, listening as Nightstar continued to speak. They'd all been wondering who he would choose to succeed him as deputy, there were quite a few good options, but it was anybody's guess. When he named Cardinalheart as the new deputy the clan cheered the ginger and white tom's name, Dunespeckle along with them, as he thought the stern warrior was a good choice.

─── 𝐒𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑
      ‹ molly › ‹ 38 moons › ‹ warrior › ‹ no apprentice ›
      ‹ mentions: -- › ‹ tags: clan ›
      a fluffy blue point ragdoll with long whiskers and blue eyes.

The molly was sleeping so soundly, curled in a tight ball within the warmth of her moss-lined nest, that she almost didn't hear Nightstar's call. She had just barely grasped it underneath the veil of sleep and had managed to wake just as the last warrior disappeared through the den entrance. Smurshatter rose to her paws in a hurry, sending bits of her nest flying from where they had been stuck in her thick pelt. She hadn't remembered moving that much during her sleep, it was a little embarassing so she was relieved that she was the only one in the den. Quickly doing her best to pull out any more debris from her pelt, the fluffy cream colour point jumped to her feet and dashed out of the den. She slowed her pace as she crossed the camp, refusing to look as frazzled as she felt with being one of the last to arrive, thankfully thought just in time before Nightstar announced that any cat who missed the meeting wouldn't be eating until sunhigh. Thank goodness she had gotten here just in time. Sitting back on her haunches, Smurshatter listened with rapt attention as Nightstar continued on and named Cardinalheart as the new deputy. She had no qualms about the choice, in fact she hadn't been sure who had been in the running for the position. She'd had very little interactions with Cardinalheart but from what she'd seen of him and from him he would do just fine as deputy.

─── 𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐏𝐀𝐖
      ‹ tomcat › ‹ 11 moons › ‹ apprentice › ‹ mentored by houndfang ›
      ‹ mentions: -- › ‹ tags: houndfang, clan ›
      a large, thick-furred pale ginger tom with long whiskers and pale gold eyes

The large tom had been just waking up when he spotted his mentor poking her head into the apprentices den, seeking him out. He perked up at the mention of joining the dawn patrol and made quick work of lifting the bulk of his body from his nest. Then, in the same second, Nightstar called a meeting and the plan to join the dawn patrol changed. He was only a little disappointed but knew that this meeting would be an important one. "Coming Houndfang" Wrenpaw meowed in reply as he stepped around his den mates and followed his mentor out into the camp. He quickly found where Houndfang was seated and plopped down next to her, his gaze tilted upwards to where Nightstar stood to address the clan. Perhaps a deputy would finally be chosen to succeed Nightstar now that he'd stepped into the role after Vulturestar's death. Now the question was who would Nightstar choose? The young tomcat slid his gaze sideways to his mentor. He'd always thought that Houndfang would make a good deputy and despite hearing whispers that she was a little young made no sense to him. Age didn't determine how well suited for the job someone was, Houndfang had more heart than many of the warriors he'd met and he would vouch that his mentor was a perfect candidate for the role. However, a moment later it was clear that Nightstar didn't feel the same when he chose Cardinalheart. He wasn't made about the decision, just disappointed that the leader clearly didn't see the potential his mentor possessed to help lead the clan.

razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:54 am

𓍊⌡→ Mushroomdapple → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Crush: | Tags: Bluefire, ValleyClan

Oh, an apprentice sleeping in won't look good to Nightstar... Mushroomdapple watched Bluefire hurry off to the apprentices' den. It seemed Toadpaw wasn't present, and Mushroomdapple couldn't help but worry about how that would reflect back on Bluefire. She breathed a sigh of relief as the she-cat padded back towards her, apprentice in tow. Her attention turned back to Nightstar, though, as the tom finally gave the Clan the news they had been waiting for. "Cardinalheart, Cardinalheart!" Mushroomdapple cheered. Perhaps a cat like Cardinalheart would balance out their leader...but Mushroomdapple wasn't very hopeful. She thought it more likely that Nightstar would simply turn Cardinalheart into a cat more like himself; if not through persuasion, then through fear.

𓃥⌡→ Houndfang → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: Wrenpaw | Crush: | Tags: Fennelfrost, Wrenpaw, ValleyClan

"Morning, Fennelfrost," Houndfang dipped her head to the other warrior befire padding from the den. The tabby gave her apprentice a nod of approval as he promptly joined her. You couldn't tell by her face, but Houndfang was proud of the tom; he had become a fine young cat, and his assessment was nearing within the next moon. Houndfang was proud of herself, as well; she had trained Wrenpaw, after all.
After acknowledging her apprentice, Houndfang's gaze turned back towards Nightstar. Her eyes widened as the leader announced he would be choosing a deputy. It was all Houndfang could do to remain seated, to not leap up and pitch her case as to why she would be the best deputy he could chose. Her paws shuffled in the ground, eagerly awaiting the announcement, and then - "Cardinalheart will be the new deputy of ValleyClan." The warrior's ears flattened to her head, her claws unsheathing and sinking into the earth beneath them. No! she thought bitterly, not even attempting to cheer the tom's name. Have I not proven myself? Have I not worked hard enough? Houndfang longed to slash her claws across the new deputy's pelt as he padded forward and humbly accepted the role. Houndfang turned her head to the side, not even wanting to look at the tom.

𓅞⌡→ Heronshade → 66 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Plumflight | Tags: Thistleheart, ValleyClan

"Nervous?" Heronshade snorted in response as he sat and wrapped his tail around his paws. "I've never seen Nightstar nervous a day in his life. He's probably relishing his leadership." The gray tom shook his head, a deep sigh following his words. "You're right - at least we're ready for what today will bring. I think this will be a good season for ValleyClan. If only there were more kits in the nursery; Shimmerpool is the only queen, and her litter won't be apprenticed until the apprentices' den is practically empty."
Heronshade fell silent as Nightstar began to speak. He frowned as the tom announced those that didn't attend would be punished. It seemed harsh to Heronshade - but the leader's word was law, and the Clan had to respect it. He only hoped that every cat had heeded the warning and gathered as they should. When Nightstar announced Cardinalheart's name, a purr rumbled in Heronshade's throat - a good choice in his eyes. "Cardinalheart! Cardinalheart!" He cheered alongside his Clanmates.

𖤓⌡→ Sunstripe → 84 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Beetail, Shimmerpool (formerly) | Tags: Shimmerpool, ValleyClan

"Okay - as long as you're sure," Sunstripe replied to the queen, padding alongside her from the den. "Oh, I guess it's good that you decided to join," he murmured, as Nightstar threatened any cat wanting to skip out on the meeting. "You need all the prey you can get!" As the settled down to listen together, Sunstripe lovingly let his tail-tip touch Shimmerpool's belly, the same carrying his unborn kits. A murr of laughter escaped him as she mentioned his potential as deputy. "Oh, no," he mewed, shaking his head. "An old badger like me would be a poor choice. Nightstar needs a younger cat, with more life left in them than I have in me."
As Cardinalheart's name was announced, Sunstripe cheered alongside his Clanmates. "A good cat for the job," he whispered to the she-cat beside him.

𓆏⌡→ Toadpaw → 11 mns | ♂ | Mentor: Bluefire | Crush: | Tags: Bluefire, Mushroomdapple, ValleyClan

Toadpaw was almost startled by Bluefire when she prodded him, urging him to hurry to the clearing. He had been about to ask her what was going on, but his mentor had rushed back into camp, causing the gray cat to tip his head. He took his time, stretching and smoothing his fur, before he left his nest. He padded into camp, jaws wide with a yawn, and watched as Cardinalheart padded towards Nightstar. Toadpaw trotted towards his mentor, sitting just a bit away from Bluefire and Mushroomdapple.
As the warrior accepted the role of deputy, realization struck Toadpaw - he had just missed the announcement of the Clan's new deputy. Oh, well, the tom thought to himself with a shrug. At least I still know who it is! Who cares if I missed Nightstar actually saying it.

⌡→ Stoatpaw → 12 mns | ♂ | Mentor: Galewhistle | Crush: | Tags: Orchardpaw, ValleyClan

The tabby tom had been sat, quietly watching the meeting with his sister, when he noticed Orchardpaw's crestfallen look. Stoatpaw wated no time in rising to his paws, and making his way towards the other apprentice. He sat down beside Orchardpaw, giving a small greeting wave with his tail. "Seems like you're avoiding somebody," he whispered to his fellow apprentice - and Stoatpaw couldn't deny he was doing the same. He'd seen his mentor in camp, but had hastily hurried to Martenpaw's side, hoping that was enough to keep the tom at bay - until after the meeting, at least.

⌡→ Hawthornstreak → 23 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Crush: Redhaze | Tags: Redhaze, Windpaw

The spotted red cat had seen Redhaze and his apprentice, Windpaw, sitting together, and made her way beside them as the deputy was announced. "Cardinalheart, Cardinalheart, Cardinalheart!" She shouted alongside her Clanmates, sitting down beside Redhaze. She shot a friendly smile to Windpaw, before her attention turned towards Redhaze. "Cardinalheart, huh? What do you think about that?" She asked the older cat. "Oh, y'know - I can help you with Windpaw's training after the meeting, if you want!"

🕊⌡→ Doveflame → 118 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Mate: Windfall | Tags: ValleyClan

The long-haired white cat hadn't cared much when she'd heard Nightstar call the Clan together. In Doveflame's eyes, she was too old to care about Clan politics; it didn't matter much to her who was in charge, as long as cats were still bringing prey back to camp. What did get her attention, though, was Nightstar's threat of withholding food from any cat that didn't attend. For a moment she pondered whether that would apply to an elder such as herself; but, finally, she decided that Nightstar wasn't the kind of cat to make exceptions. A growl rumbling in her throat, the she-cat got to her paws, gingerly making her way from the den and into camp. Her old bones ached, and she longed to return to her comfy nest. Blue eyes fixated on Nightstar, she settled down just outside of her den to watch. She couldn't particularly hear well from her spot, but, oh well, at least she was technically attending. As she watched Cardinalheart pad forward, she knew that could only mean one thing - the tom would be the new deputy, right-paw cat to Nightstar. Doveflame rolled her eyes. She couldn't care any less about who would be taking what role; especially since, in her experience, becoming deputy did tend to be a deathwish for cats, especially those that had served under Vulturestar. Doveflame wasn't confident Cardinalheart would last long as deputy, especially if he didn't conform to Nightstar's ideals.
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ѧѦѧ 2. 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽

Postby anathema » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:02 am

𝐌 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 𝐏 𝐀 𝐖

she-cat | 12 moons | apprentice

martenpaw glanced over at stoatpaw with a curious raise of her brow as he stood up and moved over to sit next to orchardpaw. since the meeting looked to be dying down, she decided to scoot over with him, hoping nightstar didn't find their shifting paws disrespectful or interruptive. she hadn't heard what her brother said, but she could sense that orchardpaw was a bit upset about something... and that stoatpaw seemed a little on edge himself.

"you guys okay?" martenpaw asked them, tilting her head. she wondered if they were worried about nightstar's threat from earlier. "i'm pretty sure we all got here on time, so i don't think any of us won't be allowed to eat." she lowered her voice then, as not to attract any outside listening ears. "if we are in trouble though, we can just sneak out and grab a meal near the border. i don't think our mentors would allow us to be punished like that if nightstar wasn't watching."

little did she know, though, that it was about a mentor in stoatpaw's case, and orchardpaw's own mother in their case.

𝐆 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐖 𝐇 𝐈 𝐒 𝐓 𝐋 𝐄
    tom | 54 moons | warrior
    location: camp/clan meeting | tags: applebloom, smurshatter (mentioned)

galewhistle continued to discern his clanmates' reactions to the announcement before glancing over at applebloom -- another cat he'd personally deemed fit for deputy. other than himself and houndfang, she appeared to be the most miffed about cardinalheart. the tom knew this would make a great opportunity to commiserate, so he ambled on over to her with a smug look.

"you don't seem entertained," galewhistle mewed to her in a hushed tone, wanting to pick her brain. "i was seriously betting on you to get it, y'know. what a shame." he sat down a few mouse-lengths away, grooming a forepaw and drawing it over his ear. "i wonder what the rest of the clan really thinks of this. they're cheering now, but... what about later?"

galewhistle then scanned the camp one more time, letting his frigid gaze rest on smurshatter. maybe i ought to ask someone like that, he mused to himself. after all, i already know exactly how applebloom feels.
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ѧѦѧ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏᴄʟᴀɴ 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Postby SoftBeee » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:35 am

Applebloom wrote:50 moons ➥ cis fem ➥ she/her ➥ widow ➥ @ Galewhistle
no apprentice || no crush

While she stewed silently, a voice caught her attention amid the cheers of the rest of Valleyclan. The bengal's eyes glanced sideways as the dark tom sat down near her. A sigh escaped her maw. "Ah, a little obvious isn't it?" Applebloom raised a paw, beginning to lick it. "Cardinalheart is a fine warrior, I just... expected better for Valleyclan." She straightened up, placing her paw back down after a pause.
"However - I know the clan is rather... split, to a degree. Be it whoever they wanted to be deputy, there will be some continued... celebration, while others will be... silent." The bengal shifted a bit, trying to catch vision of Orchardpaw again. Alas, her kit had vanished from sight. "I would hope the clan wants perfection from their deputy, but I cannot fault them for being... confused."

SoftBeee wrote:
Magnoliaspring wrote:14 moons ➥ genderfluid ➥ they/them he/him she/her ➥ single ➥ @ open
no apprentice || no crush

The chipper young cat watched as the meeting came to a start. Oh, oh, a new deputy! Magnoliaspring hopped a little, their whiskers fanning out wide.
"Cardinalheart, Cardinalheart!"
They cheered alongside the rest of their clanmates, bouncing a little more, though they tried to at least stay seated. The little cat had no interest in being deputy, plus they were so young. They know their previous mentor would have been pleading for them to not be the case. The thought brought a smile to their face, laughing a little. They didn't want that kind of responsibility though, never. They much rather liked their small life they had now.

Orchardpaw wrote:11 moons ➥ non-binary ➥ they/them ➥ single ➥ @ Stoatpaw, Martenpaw
trained by Fennelfrost || no crush

The young cat was taken aback as the older apprentice sat next to them, their pelt pricking more despite no longer feeling their mother's glare. "Ah... Yes..." They murmured in response, looking down at their paws. "Avoiding..." Their unease grew a bit as Martenpaw approached. I can't fault them for trying to come over to check on me, but... They straightened up, letting out a deep breath.
"I'm alright, just... you know how Applebloom can be. I wish she could take her obsessive nature out on someone other than me." They hissed their response to the siblings, hoping that no one would pick up on their words. It was true, most cats knew of how their relationship was with their mother, but the extent of it was more private. Going from having two moms, a loving one and the distant one, to only having an overbearing one... was certainly a change in a young kitten's life, an unfortunate one they had experienced.
SoftBeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cradily » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:50 am

★ N I G H T S T A R ★
[ Leader | ♂ | 57 mns | Tags: ValleyClan ]

"I'm sure you will," Nightstar responded to Cardinalheart before raising his tail for silence. Once the cheers for the new deputy had died down, he spoke again. "I have no doubt in my mind that Cardinalheart will serve ValleyClan well as deputy. However, that isn't the only announcement I have to make. I have big plans for ValleyClan, and those plans include some big changes...Change is uncomfortable for everybody, but it is necessary. In the last few days, when I was contemplating who to choose as my deputy, it came to my attention that ValleyClan has many strong, worthy warriors...yet we have hardly any room for most of those warriors to move up in our ranks. Only one lucky cat gets to be chosen as the deputy, while the others tend to be...overlooked. And that just isn't fair to me." He shook his head sadly. "Of course, we could never have more than one leader, or more than one deputy. After all, if you have more than one cat trying to make decisions for the whole Clan, well...there's too much potential for chaos there. I'm sure you all understand." Once again, he let his gaze sweep across his Clanmates below. "But still, don't think I haven't noticed all of your hard work. And I want to reward you for it." Though he looked out over all the cats gathered below, his words were personal, as if specifically meant for each individual cat that heard them. "For the past few days, I have spent a great deal of time thinking of the best way to honor and acknowledge some of my hardest working warriors. That is why it is now my great honor and privilege to announce to you all a new rank: The Leader's Mate." He paused to let his words sink in, before elaborating. "It has been said that a tom's biggest supporter is his mate. The title of leader is a heavy burden to bear...almost too heavy for one cat. That is why deputies exist, to support their leaders, and to help take some of the weight off their shoulders. But a deputy is also only one cat, and one cat can only do so much. There is a certain kind of support that only a mate can offer, something more personal than a deputy could give. A cat to lean on at all times, not just for Clan duties, but for anything that life may throw our way. I will not choose my mate--the Leader's Mate--right this moment, as I know you all probably need some time to accept this new change. But I hope that when I do make my choice, my mates will be honored to stand by my side, as I will be to stand by theirs."

♨ B L U E F I R E ♨
[ Warrior | ♀ | 43 mns | Apprentice: Toadpaw | Tags: Mushroomdapple ]

Bluefire had hoped that the announcement of deputy would be the only one Nightstar would make, yet somehow she guessed that the tom would have more to say for his first official Clan meeting. What she hadn't guessed was what he'd have to say. The leader's mate? The title echoed in her mind, not sounding nearly as important or grandiose as she suspected Nightstar meant it to sound. "Does he intend on choosing a mate like he would a deputy?" she hissed to Mushroomdapple under her breath, unable to hide her disgust. She hoped she was misunderstanding something, but...
Cradily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:44 pm

Redhaze - m - warrior - apprentice (Windpaw) - crush (Mushroomdapple)
tags: Windpaw, Hawkthornsteak
__
He gave the apprentice a smile, before chanting for the new deputy, he did notice the younger warrior approve them, turning his one good eye to see the female when she asked him some questions "Hm, I think he was a fair choose" he responded to her. Even if he was a little bit disappointed not to be chosen as a deputy himself. Thought he understood that it was only one cat for many good choices and he was not maybe the closest one with Nightstar. He flicked his ears up as the leader continue the meeting "Choose a mate? That's something new..." he murmured silently, a little confused about the leader's decision, does he really need to do so big conversation about something like that, and what does the leader's mate even mean, another leader?

Fennelfrost - f - warrior - apprentice (Orchardpaw) - crush (open)
tags: Houndfang, Orchardpaw
__
She chanted for the new deputy's name, looking behind her noticing that Wrenpaw followed them, but she didn't see her apprentice out of the apprentice's den 'What playing is this? I woke them on time but still, they are too late...' she thought to herself with disappointment 'They are almost an age of a warrior, why to start acting now...' she kept thinking as she looked at Houndfang for a moment. She saw the toms reaction to the new deputy choices, of course, she did want to become a deputy too, but she did understand too that not everyone is allowed to the rank. Her ears perked up when the Nightstar mentioned the new rank "Leader's mate? What does that even mean, he choose himself a mate...or we fight for the rank?" she meowed flicking her tail rather nervous yet disturbed.

Quickbriar - m - warrior - apprentice (n/a) - crush (open)
tags: Dovespeckle
__
He listened to the she-cat, one ear perking to the meeting, which seemed not to wait for them to get there at all. He sighed "Nightstar has always been so hurrying, but I think that not eating before sunlight is just meaningless looming, as he himself didn't wait for long enough" he meowed to her with a sigh. He chanted Cardinalheart's name only once as he didn't want to be the only one who yells when the others are silent. He sat down and listened the rest flicking his ears as the leader continued speaking "Hmm..so who there will become his mate..." he meowed looking around the clearing "Kind of weird rank...is it like a second leader?" he meowed confusedly.

Flowerpad - f - warrior - apprentice (n/a) - crush (open)
tags: Turtlepaw
__
She followed after the medicine cat apprentice, only seeing in the corner of her eyes the medicine cat walking out of the medicine cat's den to the right time before Nightstar named the new deputy. She chanted for the Cardinalheart's name, but was frozen in nervousness and fear when the meeting continued "What does that mean? Does he not have a cat he could like to ask as to be his mate?" she meowed confusedly. She realized that she could not be on that chosen list as she was way too young and choosing her could anger some of the clanmates.

Shimmerpool - f - queen - former mate (Sunstripe) - crush (open)
tags: Sunstripe
__
She sat there not so far from the nursery "Well I don't think he really meant that, as I think it's kind of heartless, especially when his voice can be heard inside the dens too, even if you're not really listening at the cleaning I think everyone knows who the new deputy is, even my unborn kits heard that call" she murmured with a soft laugh. She looked at him seriously "you're not that old, and you know the dictum, old age brings wisdom?" she meowed to him, before chanted for the new deputy's name "Cardinalheart huh, he is not a bad chose at all" she meowed to him.

Cloudpaw - m - apprentice - mentor (Stagspring) - crush (open)
tags: Stagspring
__
He sat next to his mentor listening to the meeting he chanted the Cardinalheart's name when he was being chosen as their new mentor. He looked behind him to the apprentice's den entrance, wondering how the Martenpaw will react to being mentored by the deputy, hopefully, it didn't get into her head too much, as he hated if other apprentices start to think they're somehow better if they have a high ranking mentor. He saw that Orchardpaw was not out yet either, even if their mentor was picking them up even before Stagspring come to get him 'Are they sick or something?' he wondered himself as he perked to listen to the rest of the meeting.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:23 am

Thistleheart ♀||Warrior||32 moons||→Heronshade

Never nervous? Ha! A cat could pretend, but it was impossible for the leader not to be questioning himself somewhere in his head. A good leader should always be questioning their choices, but she didn't speak up about it. Heronshade didn't need to know her loyalty was tied to the clan and not the leader, neither did Nightstar. As Cardinalheart stepped up as the new deputy, Thistleheart wrapped her tail around her paws and called his name joyfully with the rest of the clan. He would do well to grow with the pressure of deputy, she had no objection since she hadn't really put her mind into who Nightstar would choose. As his meeting continued, her ears fell flat against her head and a bitter glare was stuck to her face. The leaders mate? Just another rank she'd never obtain and someone else to try and give her orders. Rolling her eyes, she gave her shoulder a few licks before focusing back on her former mentor. "Well that's certainly some news. Wonder how long it will take to fill that position, hm?" It was different, she questioned if he'd spoken to the medicine cat about this before making it official, not that it mattered now.

Heatherpaw ♀||Apprentice → Cedarwhisker||10 moons||→Cedarwhisker

The she-cat didn't know Cardinalheart personally, but the few patrols they'd been on together made her feel it was a good choice out of the several cats he could've picked. She chanted beside her clanmates, though she could hear some voices were more bitter than others. Her eyes wandered to see some of the more discontent faces in the crowd, but she kept her jaws shut. Turtlepaw probably noticed too, if they were able to spend some time together later, maybe they ease each others minds a little. The next announcement came more as a shock to the young cat, ducking her head low to her mentor in a very hushed tone. "Is... Is he allowed to do that?" The idea of a third in command wasn't a bad idea in itself, but it felt almost disingenuous. Wouldn't this just cause more issues for the she-cats in the clan to try and win over his affections? The oldest she-cat he could pick would be Applebloom, who was bold and hard working, but would he pick a cat for love or quality?
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tauriel. » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:56 am

Cedarwhisker - male - 37 moons - warrior - tagged: Heatherpaw, open

Leader’s mate? Cedarwhisker blinked, a doubtful expression flickering briefly across his face. What kind of honor was that? Nightstar certainly made it sound amazing but how amazing could it really be? It wasn’t a real rank was it? He blinked, green eyes puzzled and unsure. Cedarwhisker had not grown up with good example of happy mates but he wasn’t entirely sure that Nightstar was going about it the right way. Their leader’s mate should be someone he loved, not chosen this way. Cedarwhisker flicked his tail uneasily, flashing his sister a glance. His sister's eyes were sparkling but Cedarwhisker relaxed somewhat. Dovewhisker wouldn’t be chosen. Nightstar wouldn’t dare chose a cat so young and certainly not Dovespeckle. For once, he was grateful for her spaciness. She may be letting her mind take flight but she was too young to become Nightstar's mate. "He's our leader so I suppose he can do what he wants." He whispered to Heatherpaw. "I doubt most of our clanmates will be interested. We've never had anything like this happen before."

Dovespeckle - female - 20 moons - warrior - tagged: Quickbriar

Nightstar’s next announcement made the molly sit up, eyes wide with curiosity, and despite herself, interest. Leader’s mate? Dovespeckle tilted her head slightly. Despite her earlier statements of not wanting to have the responsibility of a leader and deputy, she had to admit she was intrigued. Besides, it wasn’t really much of a responsibility was it? Nightstar himself had said too many cats in a leadership position could be chaotic. “Whoever gets chosen is so lucky! That would be a huge honor.” She murmured to Quickbriar, blue-grey eyes sparkling. Dovespeckle knew full well she was too young for Nightstar to consider but even so, Dovespeckle couldn’t help entertaining the idea that she could be chosen. “It’s romantic in it’s own way. He doesn't know how to express his feelings so he's "choosing" a cat,” She sighed dreamily, thinking how sweet Nightstar would be to the cat who would become his mate. To the young molly, it was obvious that had to be the case that he didn't know how to express himself. So instead, he was disguising it as "choosing" a mate. “He’d be such a loving mate! Nightstar deserves someone who can help him process his grief over Vulturestar and anyone would be lucky to have him. Perhaps, his future mate can help him learn to express himself better.” Dovespeckle mewed mischievously. She glanced at the warriors around them, wondering with a small stab of envy which among them would become Nightstar’s mate. At Quickbriar's question, Dovespeckle shook her head. "I don't think so? I think it's more of a role of being able to comfort and support him. No real leadership involved." She mewed to him. It truly was a great honor for the cat chosen and Dovespeckle found herself imagining herself in the role but she hadn't had much personal interaction with the leader and was too young. She wouldn't be chosen, which brought a small prickle of disappointment but Dovespeckle had already known she wouldn't be considered. “I can’t wait to see who he picks!” She mewed to Quickbriar. "They'll be so cute together. Nightstar's definitely going to have to learn some romance tips. Not knowing how to express his feelings is not likely to fly with his new mate." Dovespeckle said with amusement. "Have you seen Nightstar interacting with any cat more than the others? He's got to have someone in mind already. He wouldn't have chosen someone out of the blue."

Turtlepaw - female - 7 moons - medicine apprentice - tagged: Flowerpad, open

“What!?” The calico molly couldn’t help exclaim softly to herself, distressed. That wasn’t how cats became mates! There was supposed to be charm and romance and love. Nightstar and his mate were supposed to sweep each other off their paws, it wasn’t supposed to be like this. Turtlepaw frowned, shaking her head. "Why's he doing it like this?" Turtlepaw asked Flowerpaw, anxiety and distress tinged in her voice. "You are supposed to love your mate! How could he choose a mate like this!?" The medicine apprentice looked unhappily at Flowerpad, wishing they could answer each other's questions. The apprentice sent a quick glance around the clearing until her green eyes landed on Heatherpaw sitting next to her mentor, Cedarwhisker. Hopefully they would be able to discuss the meeting later after they'd finished their apprentice duties, so much had happened.

Fernfoot - male - 44 moons - warrior - tagged: open

The brown tabby had taken to sleeping in whatever shelter he could find for the night. This night, he’d happened to rest in the lower branches of a willow along the river. It had been the sunlight filtering through the willow’s leaves and Fernfoot had chosen to stay there a few moments longer, only moving when his stomach demanded it of him. Sitting up, the tom winced slightly at the ache in his shoulder. The tree’s branches weren’t the most comfortable but he couldn’t deny it had been a pretty place to wake up too. With a quick groom, Fernfoot leapt to the forest floor to begin his search for prey. Jaws parted slightly, it wasn’t long until he came across a fresh rabbit trail. With a flicker of satisfaction, Fernfoot let himself focus solely on the trail, placing his paws quietly to avoid detection. It was an easy hunt and Fernfoot stood over the rabbit with pride. His brother, Stagspring, would’ve been just as proud, he realized with a flinch. Thinking of his former clanmates and family was hard and painful. He knew he’d made mistakes leaving them but he couldn’t fix anything. It was too late. Fernfoot doubted the clan would welcome him back when they so very much believed he was a murderer. Mushroomdapple would be even worse, being his former mate and mother of their kits. She wouldn't even want to look at him after everything that had happened. With a small sigh, Fernfoot eyed his rabbit, all appetite gone but he still had to eat.
tauriel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C a s » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:49 am

𓍊⌡→ Mushroomdapple → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Crush: | Tags: Bluefire, ValleyClan

The fur on Mushroomdapple's spine bristled. She felt sick, listening to Nightstar's charismatic voice ooze his new rules over his Clanmates. "That- that's what it sounds like," she muttered back to Bluefire. Dread filled the she-cat's chest, as her mind focused on one word - mates. "Does he intend to have more than one mate, Bluefire?" Mushroomdapple hissed out around the bile rising in her throat over the thought. "Is he going to just...elect cats to have his kits?"

𓃥⌡→ Houndfang → 41 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: Wrenpaw | Crush: | Tags: Wrenpaw, ValleyClan

The tabby-and-white cat tried to calm herself, eyes narrowing on Nightstar as he continued to address the Clan. Her eyes widened in shock as he spoke. This was something unheard of in the Clan - but, as Houndfang mulled it over, she found it less and less unreasonable. Perhaps an advisory would be something the leader of ValleyClan could benefit from...but would Nightstar need more than one? I suppose it's best for the leader to leave a legacy...and any queen should be grateful to bear the leader's kits... The more Houndfang thought about it, the more excitement lit up in her eyes. If she couldn't be the deputy of ValleyClan, then wouldn't being Nightstar's mate be the next best thing?

𓅞⌡→ Heronshade → 66 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Plumflight | Tags: Thistleheart, ValleyClan

A deep frown spread across the tom's face. Mate of the leader, being a rank? A rank of power, that could be given to more than one cat? Heronshade couldn't imagine Nightstar's plan going well. All that crossed his mind was bitterness among the she-cats, both those chosen and those jealous of the role, and loneliness among the toms, should a cat they love be chosen for the rank. He cast a sideways glance at Thistleheart - he couldn't imagine his apprentice would be receptive of the role, and intead would protest. He worried about her safety, should she try and deny Nightstar; and he worried for her happiness, should she be compliant.
"I can't imagine that Nightstar didn't already have a cat in mind," the warrior mewed in reply. "I suppose I could be wrong...but what other motivation could he truly have?"

𖤓⌡→ Sunstripe → 84 mns | ♂ | Apprentice: | Mate: Beetail, Shimmerpool (formerly) | Tags: Shimmerpool, ValleyClan

"I just hope we don't have to find out whether he meant it or not," Sunstripe whispered to Shimmerpool, before listening to Nightstar once more. His ears flattened to his head, and he pressed himself against Shimmerpool's side. If he decided to take Shimmerpool as his mate, what would that mean for Sunstripe? Would Nightstar try to raise the kits as his own, without even letting them know Sunstripe was their father? "I'm sure he can't make a cat become his mate, if they truly don't want to accept the rank...but I'm sure their reputation with Nightstar would be ruined."

𓆏⌡→ Toadpaw → 11 mns | ♂ | Mentor: Bluefire | Crush: | Tags: Bluefire, Mushroomdapple, ValleyClan

The silver tabby sprawled out on his side. As the meeting continued, Toadpaw let his head rest on his paws, his eyes sleepily resting on the black tom. As Nightstar continued, though, Toadpaw's head shot up. He glanced at Bluefire, in front of him. His mentor was a skilled, excellent warrior, even Toadpaw had to admit that. The apprentice tipped his head. Would his mentor be chosen for this rank? She would certainly have excellent skills to pass on to any kits she would bear. Toadpaw sighed, his head resting on his paws once more. Well, I just hope she finishes my training first. I don't want to have to wait any longer to get out of the apprentices' den.

⌡→ Stoatpaw → 12 mns | ♂ | Mentor: Galewhistle | Crush: | Tags: Orchardpaw, Martenpaw, ValleyClan

"I'm not worried about eating," Stoatpaw mewed to his sister, moving to press against her side. "I just wanted to make sure Orchardpaw was all right, that's all..." the tabby shuffled his white paws on the ground. His gaze returned to Orchardpaw as the cat spoke. He nodded in understanding. "Yeah, Applebloom even makes me nervous," he whispered - though Stoatpaw did have to admit him being made nervous wasn't exactly a hard task to accomplish. He opened his jaws to reply, before Nightstar's voice once more began to echo around the cave.
As the black cat told his Clan about the changes he would be making to the Warrior Code, Stoatpaw couldn't help but glance at Martenpaw. His sister would very soon be a warrior - would that mean she'd be elligable for the role? Surely Nightstar wouldn't choose a cat freshly out of their apprenticeship.

⌡→ Hawthornstreak → 23 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Crush: Redhaze | Tags: Redhaze, Windpaw, ValleyClan

Hawthornstreak's face fell a bit as the tom ignored her quetion on Windpaw's training. Does he not want to spend time with me? Hawthornstreak's attention was quickly pulled back to Nightstar as he continued to address ValleyClan. The red cat's heart skipped a beat as the tom told the Clan what to expect. Panic slipped over her. What if the she-cats he picks are already in love? She glanced at Redhaze beside her. She didn't want to be Nightstar's mate; no, Hawthornstreak had already decided which cat she wanted to have as a mate. "I'm not sure..." she whispered back to Redhaze. "I would imagine this means he wants his mate to be important, if he's announcing it to the Clan like that, instead of just asking a cat to be his mate."

🕊⌡→ Doveflame → 118 mns | ♀ | Apprentice: | Mate: Windfall | Tags: ValleyClan

The white cat's tail lashed back and forth as she silently listened to her leader. She scoffed to herself at Nightstar's further announcement. It hardly affect Doveflame; she was long past the age of bearing kits, and doubted she could be of any use to any cat as a mate. Besides, Doveflame had done her service to the Clan, she decided; she'd provided the Clan with a powerful warrior. She'd done her time a the mate of a cat whom she didn't like, why shouldn't the other she-cats do the same, to ensure fresh warriors for the Clan?
Doveflame let her eyes slip close, uninterested in the whole ordeal, though her ears were still angled towards Nightstar.
C a s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ѧѦѧ 3. 𖠰⋆˖⁺‧₊☽

Postby anathema » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:55 pm

𝐌 𝐀 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍 𝐏 𝐀 𝐖

she-cat | 12 moons | apprentice

martenpaw went to reply to stoatpaw, but before she could do so nightstar began to speak again. an incredulous look painted itself across her face as the leader established a new rank: the leader's mate. choose? the apprentice looked around to make sure she was hearing this right. did she have bees in her brain, or was nightstar just crazy? how could he force a cat to become his mate? or, alternatively, why couldn't he just have an authentic romantic relationship with one of the she-cats in the clan? surely a handful of them had a crush on him. it wasn't unusual for cats to fawn over a leader solely due to their rank.

"well that's ridiculous," martenpaw blurted out, though she kept her tone low enough for only stoatpaw and orchardpaw to hear. with her mentor being the deputy now, she didn't want nightstar catching any wind of insubordination on her behalf. "there better be exceptions to this, y'know. i've never cared for toms, and i'm way too young for his raggedy pelt."

martenpaw flattened her ears against her head with frustration. she was still loyal to her clan and her leader, but she despised this decision... and it wasn't like she was the only one. she caught stoatpaw's gaze again and licked his cheek in reassurance. "don't worry. i don't think he came up with this out of nowhere. he's clearly been thinking about it for some time, which means he's probably already got a she-cat in mind." her eyes then flickered over to an overly-excited dovespeckle and she beckoned her head in that direction to show her brother. "someone like that, y'know? though... i don't think she knows what she'd be getting herself into. nightstar's a real trickster. i really hope he doesn't take advantage of anybody."

𝐆 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐖 𝐇 𝐈 𝐒 𝐓 𝐋 𝐄
    tom | 54 moons | warrior

galewhistle gave the she-cat a rare genuine smile. "well, we're all still young yet, and our clan tends to rotate deputies regularly." he chuckled, knowing why, but decided against saying anything of it. "i'm sure you'll have your shot eventually." he then quieted down again, taking in the leader's words. an advisory role like the leader's mate seemed nice, but he couldn't help but feel an odd twinge of worry about his daughter. martenpaw was to become a warrior any sunrise now, and he didn't want nightstar plucking her off the second she obtained her rank. why am i thinking like this? he asked himself, frowning. it's not like it matters. she's my kit by blood, but that's all there is to it. she doesn't even know i'm her father.

returning to reality, he turned back to applebloom. "looks like you have a new avenue now," he said. "i'm sure nightstar will pick a mate from the warriors in our age group. it seems more like the role of an advisor than anything romantic. a working relationship. no feelings, just business." and kits. once again, though, he didn't say anything about that.

very few cats would be interested in this rank, galewhistle figured. to middle-aged warriors like houndfang and applebloom, who wanted to sit back and relax after many moons of hard work, this was the dream. if they couldn't be deputy, then this was the next best thing. but to younger female warriors still intently focused on their brand-new careers, this was nothing short of a horrible and unfortunate nightmare. as such, there wouldn't be much competition for this rank... so if applebloom wanted it, it was likely she'd get it. there was no way nightstar would force a completely disinterested she-cat into this role.
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me