Ambrellia Forest (Semi-Lit Fox RP) ((Open))

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Ambrellia Forest (Semi-Lit Fox RP) ((Open))

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:09 am

Welcome to Ambrellia Forest, a large pine and birch forest shrouded in mystery. A stream runs through the forest, ending in a lake on the west side. Ambrellia Forest is surrounded by voluminous snow-powdered mountains. A dilapidated hunting outpost is on the east side, but not humans go there anymore. It's not dangerous, and many loners have stayed there when searching for territory or mates. Many types of foxes live there, ranging from Arctic foxes to Red foxes and anything in between.

Rules:
-This is a Semi-Lit RP. Please write at least 1-2 paragraphs per post.
-No chat speak. Use proper grammar please.
-No Mary sues/Gary sues (No perfect characters).
-Limit of two foxes per person.
-Do not god-mod.
-No explicit mating please.
-You can curse, just don't do it too often and star out parts.
-You have to have a character that is a breed of fox that exists, no made up/scene foxes.
-If you decide to obtain a territory, you can decide what landmarks are in it, just nothing big or human-orientated, please.
-Please have fun! :3

Plot:
The inhabitants of Ambrellia Forest have been living in peace until now. A mysterious fox, not native to the mountains comes to Ambrellia and is gathering all the foxes together in an emergency meeting by the lake. It's very rare for foxes to meet in a large group like this, and the members of the forest are worried. This is where the RP starts, all the foxes at the meeting. What does this mysterious fox have to say? Find out when the RP starts!

Current Season and Weather:
It's late spring, and coming to the end of breeding season soon. There's a large, dark thunderstorm brewing on the edge of the mountainside, supposedly heading the way of Ambrellia.

Some good fox coat colour sheets:
http://fav.me/d2fq13r
http://fav.me/d2vsxkw
http://fav.me/d3ig01j
http://fav.me/d38mfos
http://fav.me/d18fagt

There are 12 "true fox" breeds;

Red Fox
Blanford's Fox
Cape Fox
Corsac /Steppe Fox
Tibetian Sand Fox
Arctic Fox
Bengal fox
Kit fox
Swift Fox
Pale Fox
Ruppell's Fox / Sand fox
Fennec Fox

Other canids that closely resemble foxes, but are not classified as "Vulpes" as their Genus.

The Crab Eating Fox
The Maned Wolf (Sorry, no more, the only one is Jakyr)
The Falkland Islands Wolf AKA Falkland Islands Fox
the Gray Fox
The Hoary Fox
The Island Fox
Culpeo Fox
Darwin's Fox
South American Gray Fox
Pampas Fox
Sechuran Fox

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_ ... z1TcPaRtaZ

The Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b] (Your Username)
[b]Name:[/b] (Your character's name)
[b]Age:[/b] (In years for adults, months for fox kits)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Type of Fox:[/b] (Please no Fennec foxes or desert foxes. This is a forest, people)
[b]Basic Description:[/b] (Put the coat colour and any other markings. Example: Platinum fox, a black spot on her eye)
[b]Anything Else:[/b] (Use this section if you think that there is something important about your character that did not fit elsewhere.)
Last edited by InsomniacFox on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Commission me here

Join my Semi-Lit Fox RP, Ambrellia Forest!

I want someone to RP on MSN with, animal or human. Contact me with the email BloodiestSoul@hotmail.com and the screen name Icarius Insomniac. I'd love to chat with you and become friends. <33

ImageImageImageImageImage
InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Info

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:09 am

Territories:
The foxes can either live in small groups of three or four, pairs, or just on their own. Since there is about five square miles of forest, foxes can claim territory by spraying scent markings along the boundaries and making low scratch marks along the tree base. Foxes can be very territorial animals, usually more so in spring or summer when fox kits are born. Fights will break out between foxes over territory. During a fight over a territory, the two foxes will go on their hind legs, put their front paws on each others shoulders and try to push the other one over. If the previous owner of the territory has a mate nearby, the mate might be called to help chase of the newcomer. The fights usually end when the other one has fallen over, usually the fox that's looking for a territory will lose to the one that is guarding its territory. Then the fox will continue on its way to find a territory. When a fox is found to be a possible mate, the male fox will chase the vixen in a game, sort of a date if you wish to call it that. And if the vixen chooses that this is the right male, they will become life partners.

Weather:
The weather is warm and sunny the summer and spring months, and rain is not uncommon. During the fall months, it rains for days and is cloudy most of the time. In the winter months, it snows a lot, but it's not windy or as cold as it should be, because of the high mountains that block Ambrellia.

Mating:
Foxes find a mate and will usually only mate with that one. They'll share a territory and will live near each other during mating season and when there are new born kits. After this, they will live with each other for the rest of their lives. If one dies, it's uncommon that the other fox will find and breed with another mate. Though nature only allows a brief window for the foxes to mate, usually it's only a three day period. The vixen will decide when the time is right and if she does not feel that the time is right, she'll force the male fox off. The male fox may attempt many times before the vixen will finally decide to mate. Mating calls can be heard around the spring time and is often mistaken for a scream.

Food/Hunting:
Foxes are omnivores, meaning that they hunt small game such as rabbits and birds and eat fruits and vegetables when meat is not available. They are also scavengers, and will eat the carcasses of dead animals, or any food they come across including worms. Foxes also like eggs, they'll sometimes climb trees to get to a birds nest. Foxes are almost cat like when it comes to hunting. When they hunt mice, they won't move and let the mouse come close to them. When the mouse is close enough, the fox will jump into the air and bring its front paws down on the mouse. After pouncing on it, the fox will hold it there until it gets free and runs away. The fox will chase after it in a game of cat and mouse. After playing with the mouse, the fox will eventually decide to eat.

Miscellaneous:
A foxes eyesight is not a good as it could be. They mostly rely on their other senses for hunting and protecting itself. If you were to stand absolutely still, there is a good chance that a fox would walk right by you without seeing you.

Information cited from http://whitefoxwebmaster.webs.com/
Commission me here

I want someone to RP on MSN with, animal or human. Contact me with the email BloodiestSoul@hotmail.com and the screen name Icarius Insomniac. I'd love to chat with you and become friends. <33

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Foxes

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:10 am

InsomniacFox's Foxes:

Username: InsomniacFox
Name: Jakyr
Type of Fox: Maned Fox (Wolf)
Basic Description:
Anything Else: He's the mysterious fox that came to gather all the foxes in Ambrellia Forest.

Username: InsomniacFox
Name: Nemo (Pronounced Neh-mo, not Nee-mo)
Type of Fox: Rüeppell's Fox
Basic Description:
Anything Else: She's friendly, if a little shy. Nemo is looking for a mate so she can have kits, as it's the breeding season.
Last edited by InsomniacFox on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Territories

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:10 am

WIP
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ambrellia Forest (Semi-Lit Fox RP) ((Open))

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:02 am

*pokes* Anyboby? :3
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsomniacFox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Bump~ Open, needs members please D:
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsomniacFox » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Buuuump~ Anyyybody? :<
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InsomniacFox » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 am

*pokes* :<
Commission me here

InsomniacFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me