Version 2 has been made. Please go there

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Would you be interested in joining a V2 of this roleplay?

Definitely!
20%
Most Likely
60%
Maybe
20%
Probably Not
No votes
No, Sorry!
No votes

Total votes : 5

Version 2 has been made. Please go there

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:08 am

Pokérus Apocalypse

(Hello! Welcome to the apocalypse! Just as a heads up, you only have to read the pages with an * in front of them. Everything else is just for fun mostly :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It feels like you've been fighting for hours. Pokémon after Pokémon, minute after minute, the overpowered infected continue to inch closer no matter how many of them get taken down. Just as you feel like it's over, a blast of fire and lighting surrounds you, and you're slammed out of the horde by two fuzzy bodies. One a shinx, the other a growlithe. The shinx looks at you with a worried expression. "That was awfully close. Are you alright?" She asks. You do nothing but nod in response. Her expression softens as she says, "Good. My name is Stars, and he's Ace. Welcome to our team!"

Version 2
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 am, edited 24 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Backstory*

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 pm

Backstory (Must Read)

About twenty years ago in the Johto region, a virus known as “Pokérus” was discovered spreading among wild Pokémon, mostly by battling. Once trainer Pokémon started catching Pokérus, scientists decided to research this new virus. They found that the virus was harmless to Pokémon, even beneficial to their growth, with no downsides other than the Pokémon becoming moodier for a few days after initially catching it. As stated though, this was decades ago.

After the initial discovery of the virus and its growth inducing tendencies, competitive battlers from all over the world wanted more of it. They sent their Pokémon out battling everything they could find, whether it be other trainer Pokémon, wild Pokémon, or Pokémon from other occupations. The pokémarts figured that if they could find a way to boost the virus’ powers and contain it, that they could make a huge profit off of it. They paid scientists to experiment with the virus and increase its power, along with finding a way to contain it to sell as a product. The scientists succeeded, but they didn't know that the moodiness the original virus caused would change into bloodthirst…

Fast forward to modern day. The Pokérus virus has become increasingly widespread, but deadly as well. Society has been taken down to the point of anarchy thanks to irresponsible trainers getting their hands on the virus and infecting their already powerful Pokémon, and going out into the wild is a death wish. Speaking of the wild, most non infected Pokémon have gathered into their own groups to protect each other and help each other with resources and shelter. This is where our story takes place.
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules*

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Rules (Must Read)

All roleplays need rules to keep them running smoothly. Even apocalypses need rules so things don't get too out of hand :)

1. All of Tess’ rules apply (of course).
  2. No killing or seriously injuring other people’s Pokémon without permission from the user.
  3. No godmodding, Mary Sues or Gary Stus.
  4. Duplicate Pokémon are allowed, but please have no more than two of each species. Split evolution Pokémon like Oddish, Ralts, and Eevee are allowed one of each evolution.
  5. Keep out of character talk primarily in the discussion forums.
  6. Codeword is Purity.
  7. No one liners, and please try to write at least three sentences per response.
  8. You can have as many characters as you want, as long as you can keep track of them all.
  9. Fade to black if needed for some reason.
  10. Try not to cause out of character drama. In character is fine though.
  11. Don't throw in massive events like natural disasters, feral attacks, or a trainer group coming without discussing it with the rest of the group first.
  12. You are allowed to have powerful Pokémon. Just please don't be overpowered (if you have questions, PM me).
  13. For this roleplay, you are allowed to have more than four moves on a Pokémon. No TM moves are allowed unless your Pokémon was previously a trainer mon, and no more than eight to ten total moves are allowed.
  14. Shinies are allowed in small amounts, but keep in mind that they tend to stand out during an apocalypse.
  15. Most importantly, feel free to let me know if you have any questions or the roleplay is dragging. I'm happy to help : )
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Pokérus Virus (In Game/Trivia)

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:28 pm

The Pokérus Virus (In Game)

Pokérus is an actual virus that exists within the Pokémon games, though nowhere to the extent I portray it as. The virus is around 3x rarer than a shiny Pokémon, and only infects if you attack the infected Pokémon. It doubles the EVs gained from defeated Pokémon permanently, and is contagious for one to four days after catching it. For the EV thing alone, it is incredibly helpful to people in the competitive battling community, only being boosted by the fact that it is contagious. Your Pokémon’s obedience and power aren't actually affected at all in game, but friendship is slightly lowered initially.
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Pokérus Virus (In Roleplay)

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 pm

The Pokérus Virus (In Roleplay)(Must Read)

Now for the roleplay, I took the speeding growth and lowering friendship concepts, ran with them, threw them in a river, and blew them out of the water. Pokémon infected by the Pokérus virus are incredibly strong, but violent and aggressive. The virus causes the Pokémon to go feral and significantly shortens the lifespan of those infected due to the accelerated growth, usually ending the infected within a month. Despite being feral, those infected by the virus can still be spoken to and reasoned with from a distance since the virus doesn't mess with their ability to speak or think. The virus is spread by bites, attacks originating from the mouth (like water gun and flamethrower), and extended physical contact. Symptoms of Pokérus don't pop up until several days after being infected, but by the time symptoms show it's too late to be cured.
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Locations

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Locations

The Hills

The hills are a low risk, low reward area when it comes to resources. The hills are wide open, making it easy to be spotted by those infected and having few resources other than clean lakes and some root vegetables. Not really much of anything other than grazing and burrowing Pokémon lives there, and even then there's barely any. There are tunnels underneath some hills that make for good shelter, quick travel, and easy avoidance of the infected if you're small. If not, then it's a long, slow trek to get to the city for resources. Unfortunately, the city is surrounded by the hills on all sides, meaning you have to make the journey if you want to survive.

The Forest

The forest is a high risk, medium reward area when it comes to resources. The forest of course has lots of trees which can provide food, medicine (berries), and shelter for those who can access them. On the ground, there are lots of infected mons who know that the survivors will come there looking for resources, and inflict ambushes on them. The forest surrounds most of the hills, but only on one half of them. There's no lakes here, but deep in the forest is a cave that will be further discussed next.

The Caves

The caves are a medium risk, medium reward area when it comes to resources. Rainwater stores up in pools within the caves, and areas near the front of them can provide shelter and some food in the form of mushrooms. As you go deeper into the caves, the risk begins to out factor the rewards, since it is very easy to get lost and bat Pokémon swarm in by the thousands if disturbed. Many lives have been lost in the caves, both human and Pokémon alike, thanks to them getting lost, trapped, or attacked.

The City

The city is a high risk, high reward area when it comes to resources. There are many buildings with access to food, medicine, and shelter, but to even it out there are lots of infected mons here as well. The city is surrounded on all sides by the hills as stated above, which are good to flee to if one ends up being chased. There is a lake near the city, but it is not safe to drink from as it is unfiltered and polluted. Many Pokémon find themselves making frequent visits to the city for resources, as it is the easiest place to find them in. Shelter is tough to find unless you go on an upper floor or roof of a building.

(All images are from Wikimedia.org, which states that these images are free to share)
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Plot (In Roleplay)

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 pm

To be Added
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby NerdyDisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Characters

I will not be accepting any more Eevees or Shiny Pokémon. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Character Forms belong on the discussion forum. Do not put them on this board.

Code: Select all
To be used on Roleplay Posts:
Name|Gender|Species|Location|Tagged:

Stars|Female|Shinx|MoonlightWolf19

Ace|Male|Growlithe|MoonlightWolf19

Sandy|Female|Flygon|kesshowolf

Temari|Female|Larvitar|kesshowolf

Nile|Male|Totodile|kesshowolf

Navi|Male|Furret|ShinyMisty

Blast|Male|Torkoal|shiningmoonlight07

Jade|Female|Vulpix|shiningmoonlight07

Crush|Male|Trapinch|shiningmoonlight07

Gas|Female|Umbreon|shiningmoonlight07

Ethule|Male|Banette|ShinyMisty

Spoke|Male|Zigzagoon|oneinthecold

Vade|Female|Zoroark|LittleTempest

Eclipse|Female|Midnight Lycanroc|LittleTempest

Kovu|Male|Riolu|save seedcakes

Goomy|Female|Goomy|save seedcakes

Wish|Female|Shiny Eevee|ms102801

Reay|Female|Eevee|~silencedEternityX

Acacia|Female|Torkoal|Spear of Justice

Rowan|Male|Chikorita| Spear of Justice

Electrik|Genderless|Rotom|8yellowcats

Raydon|Male|Midday Lycanroc|oneinthecold

Bella|Female|Jangmo-o|Spacialdimension

Dagger|Male|Axew|Spacialdimension

Cloud|Male|Quilava|MoonlightWolf19

Red Arrow|Male|Quilava|Doodle.Box

Cascade|Female|Oshawatt|Doodle.Box

Little Devil|Female|Houndour|Doodle.Box

Chai|Female|Snivy|8yellowcats

Dust|Male|Rockruff|ghostlyflames

Sammie|Female|Phantump|NerdInHufflepuff

Quartz|Female|Dratini|NerdInHufflepuff

Vincent|Male|Luxray|natsukashii

Aleksei|Male|Eevee|natsukashii

Mikhail|Male|Glaceon|natsukashii

Matvei|Male|Espeon|natsukashii

Nikolai|Male|Umbreon|natsukashii

Vladimir|Male|Vaporeon|natsukashii

Anya|Female|Leafeon|natsukashii

Kanashimi|Male|Jolteon|calypso's silence.

Baron|Male|Dragonite|calypso's silence.

Kiritateru|Male|Gallade|calypso's silence.

Cream Puff|Female|Flaafy|calypso's silence.

Rogue|Female|Houndoom|calypso's silence.

Moonshatter|Female|Sylveon|calypso's silence.

Silver Fire|Female|Shiny Ninetales|ghostlyflames

Orchid|Female|Skiddo|NerdInHufflepuff

Spooky|Male|Mimikyu|Ye old Cranky

Troy|Male|Aron|~Floofy

Lucky|Female|Shiny Absol|Spacialdimension

Sunny|Female|Shiny Herdier|NerdInHufflepuff

Gadget|Male|Lillipup|NerdInHufflepuff

Koji|Female|Zorua|~Floofy

Lily|Female|Vulpix|Astraia Fox

Spark|Male|Shinx|GentlemanScientist

Fluffy|Female|Alolan Vulpix|GentlemanScientist

Seanne|Female|Deerling|~silencedEternityX

Aden|Male|Talonflame|Astraia Fox

Last edited by NerdyDisco on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 34 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Season and Weather

Postby NerdyDisco » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 am

Season and Weather

Season: Early Summer

Weather: Partly Cloudy and Breezy

Time: Late Afternoon

Temperature: 76° Fahrenheit
Last edited by NerdyDisco on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pokérus Apocalypse (A Pokémon RP)(New, Open+Accepting)

Postby NerdyDisco » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 am

Stars|Female|Shinx|The Hills|Tagged: Open

Stars climbed on top of a nearby hill, scouting out the land around her. There was nothing useful that she could see for miles, apart from a few tunnels. There was the city, of course, but with the sun setting and darkness slowly creeping across the open sky, heading over there would take too long and be too risky. She knew they could find lakes in this area, but it would take too long to travel over there. The Shinx cub sighed softly, turning to her cousin Ace as she spoke. "I can't see anything around here that we need. Maybe we should try to find a place to rest." She stretched and began trotting over to a nearby tunnel she had seen.

Ace|Male|Growlithe|The Hills|Tagged: Open

Ace stood next to Stars as she looked around, keeping an eye out for any Pokérused Pokémon who might try to sneak up on the two. He turned his ear in her direction as she spoke, but stayed alert to anything that may have been nearby. "You sure there's no nearby lakes or anything like that?" He asked softly. He didn't have any time to hear an answer as Stars began to walk off. The Growlithe growled, a bit aggravated by his cousin's hastiness, but followed regardless.
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
𝒲𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒
𝒲𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓌𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Flight Rising Webber Rookiex
x

Hey there! I go as Nerdy, Disco, Cutman, or
basically anything else you want to call me.
My interests include Pokemon, Megaman, Don't
Starve, and basically anything Nintendo related.
I'm not all that interesting, but feel free to PM me!

Signature coded by yours truly~
Avatar is by itstheblob on Tumblr!
Don't Starve is owned by Klei Entertainment
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
𝒮𝑜 𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇
ℋ𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇'𝓈 ℱ𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓉 ℰ𝓋𝑒!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
NerdyDisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery