oh caroline, (nuna & luna) i want to get it right this time

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

oh caroline, (nuna & luna) i want to get it right this time

Postby Nunavik » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:22 pm

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

this is a private warriors roleplay between nunavik and alwaysloveluna. we will be roleplaying from mireclan's pov.

mireclan and groveclan have shared a border by their river ancestors for generations. the river has forever affected the choices of the cats of the clans and changed their relationships with each other. they have had a peaceful interaction due to the river dividing them with their interactions occurring when the river was low or frozen over. during a particularly cruel winter, tensions rise between the two clans as members of groveclan mock mireclan for their losses and lack of warriors, implying a possible takeover of territory. with bad blood forming, the clans' rivertellers settle their warriors and pray for peace until they will see each other again in the summer.

until twolegs build a bridge, forever changing the relationship between the clans.

mireclan sends a patrol to assess the new landmark and discuss groveclan has trespassed and the bridge represents a year-round safe passage between the clans, previously allowed available during the summer and winter months. days pass when mireclan wakes to find a patrol of groveclan warriors in their camp with their riverteller to discuss the new rules of the bridge. tensions from the previous winter boil again, leading to the rivertellers proposing a warrior swap to settle tensions. the rules: no cat is allowed to cross the bridge and they are to meet every full moon to ensure everything is going smoothly. the swap begins on the first day of summer, but naturally, things don't go as planned.

that night, snowythorn and lilywater vanish without a trace, sending mireclan's riverteller into spiraling paranoia. it is now up to miraclan's deputy, herronfoot, to calm cats and navigate a peaceful resolution during the warriors exchange while attempting to uncover what really happened to snowythorn and lilywater.

TERRITORY
    + mireclan live in a swamp and share a river with their neighboring clan, groveclan. the land buffer is barren with sparse trees from twolegs bulldozing on both sides. a wooden bridge connects across the river, allowing easy access to cross. the bridge remains dangerous and prone to flooding during the winter months.
    + mireclan's camp is located in a relatively dry area further north of the territory. the majority of the territory is covered in dense greenery and vines with mossy standing water. alligators, mosquitoes, venomous snakes, etc. are prominent predators of the land while the clan mostly dines on fish and birds. winters particularly dangeorus for the clans due to heavy snows and freezes with the addition of starvation. during the springs, mireclan experiences hay fever and flooding due to the snowmelt and increased rains. groveclan often is subject to mudslides. summers are long and extremely hot - bears and crocodiles are a normal including heatstroke, fires, and mosquitoes. fall tends to be the primary peaceful season between the clans.

ALLEGIANCEmireclan
    leader
    riverteller, formally duneheart - a slender cream & white tabby she-cat with medicine hat markings, nuna
    deputy
    heronfoot - a tall she-cat with a brown van pattern, luna
    medicine cat
    siltcloud, a slender she-cat with a sandy coloured coat, white socks and a particularly brushy tail, luna
    warriors
    whitefang, a stocky white tom with a faint grey stripes from mireclan that resides in groveclan during their warrior exchange
    ambereyes, a dark brown she cat with bright orange eyes from mireclan that resides in groveclan during their warrior exchange.
    lilywater, a large silver tabby she cat with a short tail that disappears the night of the warrior exchange
    runningclover, a svelte she cat with a dappled brown calico pattern and green eyes.
    redstripe, an off-white tom with a ochre stripe running from his head to tail
    ashclaw, a black tabby tom with small paws
    goldenfur, a muscular golden tabby tom with a white front paw
    ashenheap, a silver tabby tom

ALLEGIANCEgroveclan
    leader
    riverteller, formally hazelear - a light brown tom with large ears luna
    deputy
    olivebranch, a tan-colored she-cat nuna
    medicine cat
    ⋆ tbd
    warriors
    spiderpelt, a dark-brown tom with some medical training from groveclan that resides in mireclan during their warrior exchange nuna
    ivytail, a white tortoiseshell from groveclan that resides in mireclan during their warrior exchange luna
    snowythorn, a pure white tom with blue that disappears the night of the warrior exchange
    kittens
    fircub, a light brown she cat with black toes on her left side
    stormcub, a tom with a black, white, and gray marbled tabby coat

ALLEGIANCEriver of ancestors
    stormcub, a silver and gray tabby tom cat born in mireclan, died due to fox attack
    icecub, a gray she-cat with a short tail born in mireclan, died due to fox attack
    leaffang, a black tom with dark brown splotches from groveclan
Last edited by Nunavik on Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: oh caroline, (nuna & luna) i want to get it right this t

Postby Nunavik » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:45 pm

( riverteller, mireclan, cream & white she-cat with white markings )

Riverteller had never lead her clan to the edge of the world when the moon was at the highest peak in the night. For her, it often meant bad luck and growing up with her rather superstitious parents, Riverteller always avoided predisposed aliments; However, she had promised herself to attend the winter solstice meeting at the river and she was a woman of her word. Now, a handful of her most trusted warriors followed her to the shores of their ancestors. Even before she could see the gentle waves of the great river, Riverteller could hear it. Like the great wings of eagles, the water lapped on the banks of the shore. She could smell the faint trace of moss and earth coupled with the occasional smell of fish bathing her tongue. This was a welcomed contrast to the swaps of MireClan.

From the muddy wash of her territory, Riverteller exited the cover of trees and into the barren land that made up the river. Tonight, there was a truce for both clans of the river to meet and mingle. Since her appointment as leader, Riverteller never held much of a hosile bone to GroveClan. In fact, she often respected the warriors of the trees far more than she cared to admit. Nonetheless, her body brushed against caution as her paws reached the edge of the river. Beyond it, she thought she saw faint bodies bathed in moonlight but blinked again her suspecions. They would attend and they would stab her in the back. Riverteller turned her body to address her clan, "Take a breather." the she-cat meowed, "we'll start shortly." There wasn't much news to share among themselves nor did she think she'd share much with GroveClan, but even if not, she'd enjoy the time spent away from the swamp.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AlwaysLoveLuna~ » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:43 pm

( HeronFoot, MireClan. tall she-cat with a brown van pattern )

HeronFoot admired the serenity of the calm evening as she stepped out to the riverbank. The clear skies had caused the temperature to drop dramatically, the crackling cold air whipped across her face as she looked out across the rivers icy surface.
Shuddering slightly HeronFoot glanced at RiverTeller’s thousand-mile stare to the scattering of GroveClan warriors awaiting them. “This night has been blessed by the ancestors.” She meowed as if reassuring the patrol. Leaping from the bank to the frozen river the wind and moonlight engulfed her entirely. “No reason to worry.”

LilyWater followed with her head low “lets just get this over with.” She muttered somewhat pitifully. Secretly HeronFoot wished she’d stayed back at camp, hopefully the news of her cubs passing to last moons snowstorm wouldn’t be mentioned or noticed.
Sheepishly realizing RiverTeller hadn’t entirely given them permission to continue. HeronFoot waited for the rest of the patrol to join her on the ice and for RiverTeller to take the lead once more. She then ensured to keep at least one pace behind her for each frozen step across the river.
They joined the GroveClan warriors at the rocky outcrop in the middle of the river. GroveClan’s RiverTeller was already comfortably perched upon a higher rock. “Greetings RiverTeller, HeronFoot and the rest of MireClan” He nodded when addressing our names. HeronFoot nodded back politely.

As the MireClan patrol scattered amongst the Groveclan warriors Heronfoot found her position next to OliveBranch; GroveClans Deputy. “Hello again” She smiled to the tan she cat.

Woomy <3
~AlwaysLoveLuna~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Duneheart
    ( mireclan ⋆ leader ⋆ 83 moons ⋆ she-cat ⋆ location: groveclan/mireclan border ⋆ interaction: lilywater, riverteller, groveclan/mireclan warriors )

Behind her stood Lilywater and Heronfoot. Duneheart couldn't help but glance behind her, zeroing in on Lilywater's muttered breath. It did not escape Duneheart that her warrior was hurting. Only a moon had passed since the passing of her very young kittens and despite Duneheart's many prayers to their ancestors, they had not been spared. That kind of wound cut deep for the clan, even deeper for their mother. Winter was always rough for the clan of the swamps, but this winter seemed to hit particularly hard. The cream-and-white she-cat signaled for her warriors to disperse. GroveClan has arrived and she had a few moments to address others before she would collect herself to speak.

Duenheart brushed the tip of her tail against Lilywater's shoulder. Her bright, crystal-blue eyes lingered, burning with understanding. "Come find me if you want a familiar shoulder after the meeting." She meowed. She then removed her tail and lingered away. She offered Heronfoot a glance of knowing, sending a silent prayer her fair deputy would know to keep an eye on the grieving mother during the course of the gathering.

The she-cat tested the sheet of ice before she led her clan further upon it. The shores were slightly melting, groaning beneath her weight but it quickly quieted and held as she crossed to greet Hazelear. Duneheart bowed her head, offering GroveClan's riverteller a kind smile, plastered against her permanently etched frown when it came to her clan's neighbor. "Good evening, Hazelear. It has been too long." She meowed. She joined him at the head of the group of warriors. "Shall we brave the cold and allow everyone a moment to reconcile or shall we begin?"

Olivebranch
    ( groveclan ⋆ deputy ⋆ 43 moons ⋆ she-cat ⋆ location: groveclan/mireclan border ⋆ interaction: Heronfoot )

Olivebranch was a small, nimble she-cat made for the tall trees of GroveClan. Despite being half the age of many of her friends in both clans, the GroveClan deputy certainly did not lack in strength nor intellect. Even as she shimmered against the ice, Olivebranch did it graciously even leaping several steps to close the distance between her and Heronfoot. She aimed to tackle the she-cat. "My dear Heronfoot!" She exclaimed, "It's been too long! Tell me everything you have gotten into these past few moons."

ooc: are you ok with referring to the leaders as their true names face-to-face like if a character is speaking directly to them or if both rivertellers are present, but like if they are referring to their leader in third person, they refer to them as riverteller? it's gonna confuse me when both leaders interact otherwise.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AlwaysLoveLuna~ » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:22 pm

HeronFoot
MireClan ⋆ Deputy ⋆ she-cat
Interaction: OliveBranch

Catching Riverteller DuneHeart's gaze HeronFoot flicked her tail in understanding before turning attention back to her friend.
Bracing herself as OliveBranch playfully lunged at her.
When the small she cat made contact HeronFoot was somewhat surprised by her strength, GroveClan must be eating well this Leaf-bare.
"been preparing for that!" she meowed with a chuckle.
Pushing her off she continued "I finished training RunningPaw, she is RunningClover now" HeronFoot couldn't help but beam with pride as the words left her tongue. "She will be a very strong warrior indeed" glancing around she spotted the young warrior in the crowd and flicked her tail to point her out to OliveBranch.
Even from a distance HeronFoot could tell RunningClover was retelling the story of how they managed to slay a crocodile late last summer to the amazement of young GroveClan warriors and apprentices.
Turning back to OliveBranch she smiled "How is everything in GroveClan?"

RiverTeller HazelEar
GroveClan ⋆ Leader ⋆ Tom
Interaction: Riverteller DuneHeart

As the MireClan cats arrived RiverTeller HazelEar watched as his clan mingled. This was a night of peace he assured himself. Many of the younger warriors chatted gleefully but he couldn’t ignore the string of tension emanating from the edge of the rocky outcrop where SnowyThorn stood. The tom looked as if he was surrounded by a skulk of foxes.
He turned to Riverteller DuneHeart as she approached.
“Good evening, Hazelear. It has been too long." She meowed. Joining him at the head of the group of warriors. "Shall we brave the cold and allow everyone a moment to reconcile or shall we begin?"
“Evening” he meowed politely, the thought of starting was a welcome one to RiverTeller HazelEar but glancing back to SnowyThorn, the anger and bitter regret in his eyes RiverTeller HazelEar conceded.
“Actually DuneHeart” He stood up and motioned for her to follow a small way from the group. Moving a few paces out of earshot and taking a breath RiverTeller HazelEar continued. “For the middle of leaf-bare, monster activity has been particularly high in our territory.” Pausing as if unsure what to say next he continued “I prey to the ancestors the filthy things don’t set paw in your territory, but I’d highly advise caution” RiverTeller HazelEar did his best to hold back the pain of those words holding his head high.
Not wanting to linger on the subject RiverTeller HazelEar turned back to the group. “Ready to start before we freeze out tails off?” he asked playfully to her while leaping up to a higher rock.

ooc informally to each other they might. Though formally I'd say they'd just use "Grove/MireClans Riverteller"
or "RiverTeller DuneHeart/ HazelEar yes it's a mouthful but in the context of the story it wouldn't be a common issue.

Woomy <3
~AlwaysLoveLuna~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:20 pm

Duneheart
    mireclan ⋆ leader ⋆ 83 moons ⋆ she-cat ⋆ interaction: riverteller, groveclan/mireclan warriors
    Duneheart's silver-blue eyes narrowed slightly as she followed Hazelear to speak out of earshot of their warriors. The she-cat was grateful for Hazelear's heads-up regarding Twoleg monsters, but her face was unreadable aside from the brief dip of her head. "Thank you for the warning." She mused, "We haven't seen any signs of Twolegs nor their monsters for several years, but we'll keep an eye out." She flicked her tail against the tom-cat's shoulder. "Don't dispare, Hazelear. I'm sure there'll be gone by newleaf." Duneheart offered a faint smile to him before turning away. The she-cat let out a collective cry, signaling the meeting was to begin. The cream-and-white tabby bounded upon a rock, its sides frozen against the river. It let her sit slightly higher than the river, but not by much. "MireClan and GroveClan! As always, it is a pleasure to see all of your faces since our last gathering." She let her voice find silence as the warriors of the clans gathered and their own voices drowned as they awaited for her to start again. "I want to start firstly by announcing the recent passing of one of our warrior's kittens this past moon. Leaf-bare has not been particularly kind to us, but we pray her kits do not want for anything with our ancestors. Despite this, we have been blessed to offer a warrior name of one of our apprentices: Runningclover."

Olivebranch
    groveclan ⋆ deputy ⋆ 43 moons ⋆ she-cat ⋆ interaction: Heronfoot

Olivebranch chuckled softly against Heronfoot's response to her tackle. The tan-colored she-cat pulled herself from her friend and shook out her short fur. Flecks of snow fell from her, dusting against the frozen river she stood on. "Naturally." The she-cat purred. It had become a yearly ritual for Olivebranch to tackle Heronfoot every gathering. For as long as she could remember, Heronfoot had been one of her closest friends outside of the clan. She could still remember the day she had been named deputy that the only cat she couldn't wait to tell was Heronfoot of MireClan. The memory forced Olivebranch to smile slightly. "Runningpaw is now a warrior?" She echoed, ears perked against the news. The deputy had never had any real interactions with Heronfoot's apprentice, but she could point out the former apprentice in a line-up and she certainly knew the trials and tribulations her and her mentor had had over the past year. "I'm sure you're glad she's been named a warrior! Must have tons of freetime on your paws now." Olivebranch tore her gaze from the group of warriors containing Runningclover. Her smile vanished as her attention turned to Heronfoot's next question. "GroveClan has actually been faring well this leaf-bare." She responded, "Surprisingly, we had a litter of kittens born about a moon ago. They are doing well, but we're all a bit on edge." Despite her close friendship, Olivebranch neglected to offer the recent sightings of twolegs along their territory over the past moon. It made her nervous, but unlike GroveClan's Riverteller, Olivebranch didn't find the sightings to be particularly concerning. Atleast not yet.

ooc: that works. so long its easily distinctable! also, sorry for taking so long. i work alot so i haven't been wanting to sit down and write a response. i've just been sleeping, lol.
Last edited by Nunavik on Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AlwaysLoveLuna~ » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:59 pm

HeronFoot
Interaction: Olivebranch, LilyWater, GroveClan/MireClan warriors.

HeronFoot showed no pain at the words of GroveClan’s newest litter despite Mireclan’s recent loss. “Oh my that’s absolutely wonderful news!” HeronFoot chimed with a bounce as if she was a cub again herself. “Yeah, cubs can be quite unpredictable at times” Heronfoot agreed.
HeronFoot’s expression faded as LilyWater stepped into her peripheral vision. “New cubs huh?” she retorted. Ignoring her tone HeronFoot immediately stepped in “Oh LilyWater” she smiled “You know OliveBranch, yes?” The usually imposing silver tabby suddenly looked to her paws sheepishly “Oh Yes, Hello OliveBranch”
HeronFoot sighed internally thinking to herself, let’s not start an argument over nothing. The loss of your cubs was anyone’s fault but GroveClan’s. Lilywater stood awkwardly fur flat against her body meeting neither HeronFoot’s or OliveBranch’s eye.

The moment was broken by the voice of RiverTeller DuneHeart, as she and RiverTeller HazelEar called to begin the gathering. “Perhaps you should sit next to RedStripe” HeronFoot offered to LilyWater sincerely. “I saw him up the back.” Still unable to meet her gaze she only responded with a sway of her stubby tail.
HeronFoot shook her head giving an apologetic look to OliveBranch. “Alright everyone wrap it up” Heronfoot called to the clowder as they strode over to their respective RiverTeller’s side.

HeronFoot sat beside RiverTeller DuneHeart and she looked up to her with a reassuring smile. Before turning her gaze back to the sea of faces looking for anyone who wished to cause trouble. RiverTeller DuneHeart shared the news of MireClans highs and lows over the past 6 moons. As she spoke of the loss of LilyWater’s cubs the entire clan seemed to flinch in pain. Fortunately, RiverTeller DuneHeart left on the positive note of RunningClover’s ascent to a full warrior.
“RunningClover! RunningClover! RunningClover!” Both clans cheered but no one was louder than HeronFoot herself as she beamed with pride for her past apprentice as RunningClover herself lapped up the attention.

As the clowder settled down RiverTeller HazelEar stood forward to address the clans. “GroveClan has been fairing well, unfortunately though we also suffered a loss of our elder LeafFang.” HeronFoot looked to the ground respectfully, she only ever met the old tom once, he was cranky but there was no doubt he was highly respected by his clan. Continuing in a more joyous tone RiverTeller HazelEar declared “But with loss always comes new life and it is my pleasure to announce the arrival of FirCub and StormCub!”

His words washed over Mireclan like a flood wave as a collection of shock, anger and confusion was all that Heronfoot could see. She felt as if a stone had been thrown into the back of her head and had to gulp back her shock. StormCub?! the exact same name as one of LilyWater's lost cubs?!
Seeking her in the crowd the poor she-cat looked beyond devastated. RedStripe placed his tail on her shoulder as a show of support. HeronFoot was so glad she'd had the gentle tom beside her.

Absolutely unable to resist she turned her head to look up at RiverTeller HazelEar. Nothing but confusion covered his face as he turned to RiverTeller DuneHeart for some sort of explanation for the scowls he was receiving from her warriors.

Before anything could be done a low-pitched growl emanated from the back of the gathering. “What? Is MireClan unable to be happy for our fortune?” The white tom snapped right next to LilyWater. HeronFoot stood up to try grasp what was happening. “Of course we are” Redstripe replied calmly trying to step between this white tom and LilyWater. Murmurs broke out amongst the clans.
“That’s enough” HeronFoot called out sternly as she walked towards the toms. “It’s just an unfortunate –."The white tom cut her off “She doesn’t look very happy” he jabbed his paw towards Lilywater and the silver fur on the she cats back stood up. The white Tom continued to pry “I remember you looked quite FAT last gathering, so what because you’re a terrible queen we should feel bad for you?”

HeronFoot could feel RiverTeller DuneHeart’s eyes glaring into the back of her head as she stepped up her pace to reach the back of the gathering. Not before AmberEyes could step in to defend LilyWater “You dare speak to us like that? This is a night of peace!” she snarled at the white tom. “StormCub was MINE! I knew a fox didn’t take him” LilyWater howled. More snarls broke out between the Mireclan and GroveClan warriors as HeronFoot and OliveBranch finally reached the arguing warriors.

ooc hope you don't mind I left it on a juicy cliff-hanger for you, also I wasn't aware these cats had StarClan I though they called it the river of ancestors? Don't mind either way tbh just wanna ensure were on the same page ^^

Woomy <3
~AlwaysLoveLuna~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:54 pm

Olivebranch's shoulder shook with laughter at Heronfoot's playful behavior towards the news. She always thought that had times been different and the pair grew up in the same clan, they would have been thick as thieves. Alas, the GroveClan deputy's heart laid with her clan. Nonetheless, the she-cat was gleeful to find solace in her friend's presence. That presence was soon impeded by Lilywater. Olivebranch faintly remembered the she-cat from a previous gathering some moons ago. Back then, she had been more talkative, vibrant. Now, she seemed a skeleton of her former self. Olivebranch pretended not to note Heronfoot's change of energy by plastering a smile on her maw as she dipped her head in greeting to the she-cat. She remained silent as the MireClan deputy greeted then effectively dismissed her clanmate. Olivebranch made a mental note to inquire about that later. For now, however, the gathering. Olivebranch let Heronfoot take the lead as they reached their respected rivertellers. She brushed a tail against Heronfoot's shoulder in a brief goodbye before joining riverteller Hazelear at his side. She was quiet as the gathering commenced.

Duneheart was quiet as Hazelear took up his voice and began his announcements. She bowed her head in silence upon the news of Leaffang's passing. Like most of her warriors, the allegiance of GroveClan typically stayed within the warriors that attended the gatherings. She recalled Leaffang's name only in passing through name, never by face. Nonetheless, she could imagine the grief that passed through GroveClan. Hazelear continued and the look of surprise did not escape her face at the mention of the new cubs born. Duneheart had never been particularly close to the queens of her clan nor the clan's youth until they became warriors. Nonetheless, the death of Lilywater's kittens had set a ripple down the clan that even the calico she-cat felt. Beyond her, she could feel the rising tension from her own warriors as a look of sympathy passed over her maw. A soft sigh escaped her as Hazelear found her eyes. "One of our recent cubs that passed was named Stormcub." She began to explain, before the tension she had felt seemed to explode. Her silver-blue eyes darted from Hazelear to a white tom that had begun to make jabs.

Duneheart had never questioned Heronfoot and in turn, Heronfoot had never questioned her. Thus, as Heronfoot left Duneheart's side, she remained silent as her deputy left to address the hostile tom of GroveClan. The she-cat was a firm believer that her warriors had a right to fight their own battles without their riverteller interfering; however, Duneheart never anticipated what came next.

Olivebranch did not need to be told twice that bad blood was forming between the two clans. There was a mixture of loss and celebration going on and based upon what she had heard riverteller Duneheart whisper to riverteller Hazelear in the chaos, she knew it had more to do with recent loss brought back into the light. Leaping on nimble paws, the tan-colored she-cat bounded after Heronfoot, her breath billowing around her face. The pair of deputies reached where the tension was thickest, but not before Olivebranch's clanmate could butt in.

Spiderpelt was a brave and kind warrior. He was patient in a way she was not and silently ancient, having been previous medicine cat for GroveClan when she had been a kitten. Olivebranch never understood why riverteller Hazelear had passed him up for the rank of deputy when it became open. Perhaps it had been Spiderpelt's call. Even as he shimmered beside Snowythorn, she could note the slowiness in his gait and the white hairs across his extremities, a sharp contrast to his dark-colored coat. "Snowythorn!" Spiderpelt hissed in reprimand. The GroveClan warrior turned to Lilywater, eyes flashing with warning and sympthy. "This is a gathering, we should be honoring our ancestors and sharing tongues not fighting with each other." His voice, despite the bite in his words, were soft as he addressed the grieving queen. Spiderpelt, Olivebranch realized, was a better warrior than she. He had read the signs and quickly came to the conclusion Lilywater was stricken with grief, a wound freshly opened with the announcement of a birth of another kitten with the name of her own now deceased.

Olivebranch felt sick but swallowed the bile as she stepped in. "Lilywater. I am truly sorry for your loss, but they are right. This is a gathering. We cannot be fighting especially in the presence of our ancestors." The she-cat then whipped around to face Snowythorn. Like Spiderpelt, the GroveClan deputy held a snarl between her lips as she addressed him, "Uncalled for."

ooc: yes, its the river of ancestors. sorry! if you catch those things that don't reflect what we discussed, it's likely because i was just typing and not double checking anything. i normally don't switch alot of things when it comes to roleplaying warriors so this is new for me, lol. i also looove juicy cliffhangers! the plot thickens, already in love with these characters too. i feel for lilywater </3 and secretly olivebranch is my spirit animal haha
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~AlwaysLoveLuna~ » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:45 pm

HeronFoot

HeronFoot watched as LilyWater’s and SnowyThorn’s eyes locked as if they both had a thousand insults still yet to be thrown. Letting OliveBranch and SpiderPelt take the situation from her paws, she turned to the group that formed to gawk at the situation. “Show some respect, I believe RiverTeller HazelEar had more to say.” Her tone was assertive yet polite.
“Uncalled for?” She heard SnowyThorn mutter, HeronFoot turned her head back as he protested to OliveBranch. “That Queen just accused us of stealing cubs!” Looking away HeronFoot couldn’t help but agree LilyWater was quite out of line, she’d speak to her and perhaps persuade RiverTeller DuneHeart this could be her final gathering, at least for a while.

As the clowder turned back towards the RiverTellers, HeronFoot beckoned LilyWater. Before the silver tabby could even protest, she silenced her. “This is no way to treat our allied clan.” “You know better” HeronFoot declared firmly. Finally, LilyWater met her gaze and sobbed. “Please, I just want my cubs back, they must be in GroveClan”. HeronFoot took a moment, ever since the passing of her cubs no one really spoke about what happened but perhaps she just needed to face reality. “LilyWater your cubs were taken by a fox; everyone agreed on that fact.” HeronFoot didn’t let the pang of guilt she felt appear in her expression or tone. “Now please listen to your deputy and wait by the riverbank for the gathering to be over. I want you on my dawn patrol tomorrow so don’t waste anymore energy arguing.” LilyWater turned towards the bank and left, tail between her legs.

It's not always fun being the deputy HeronFoot reminded herself. She strode back to the front of the gathering OliveBranch at her side as whispers from both clans swirled around the icy air. “Perhaps they were both born during that weeklong storm a few moons back.” “I wonder what the rivertellers are going to say.” “Wow SnowyThorn is on edge since that failed patrol he led.” “I wonder if GroveClan did cross the river.” “Can MireClan not protect their own nursery?” “Urgh it’s so cold I wish I was in my nest.” Trying not to let the brewing tensions get to her HeronFoot sat next to RiverTeller DuneHeart with a slight smile as the snowfall heavied.

RiverTeller HazelEar continued “As I was saying, GroveClan has certainly been blessed by the River of ancestors for two strong healthy cubs.” HeronFoot genuinely smiled as he spoke and was relieved to see at least some of her clanmates doing the same. RiverTeller HazelEar looked out to the frozen river “As we bring this gathering to an end, I hope the River of ancestors continue to look over both GroveClan and MireClan.” As RiverTeller HazelEar finished his sentence the gathering clouds finally blocked the full moon, and the gathering was plunged deeper into darkness.

As the clowder dispersed Heronfoot tried not to notice the new lack of pleasantries between the warriors. She spied SnowyThorn muttering something to another GroveClan warrior as they both sneered at the passing MireClan cats. Even RunningClover didn’t seem to find it necessary to say goodbye to her new GroveClan friends. Well, I’d better lead by example then HeronFoot decided. “Oh, good to see you again IvyTail.” HeronFoot called gleefully to the white tortoiseshell. She turned “Oh HeronFoot, good to see you.” She replied curtly before making her way to GroveClans bank. Turning to OliveBranch HeronFoot sighed “Well. guess I’ll be seeing you in another 6 moons?”

ooc: all gud c: and yesss I'll try to keep throwing you interesting situations when I can! And ikrr this is shaping into a really interesting tale indeed. Also Ill throw you the info for the new added characters if you could add em that'd be great, ill definitely slow down making them after these establishing sections. Also I think it would be neat to split up the story into chapters so after the cats leave this gathering that's the end of the prologue, lmk what you think ^^

Woomy <3
~AlwaysLoveLuna~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nunavik » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:51 pm

"I understand that." Olivebranch muttered quietly, the GroveClan deputy's attention no longer focused on settling tensions but easing the doubts of her warriors. She tried her best to play mentor between the two sides. In her own eyes, she wanted to rip into Lilywater for accusing such a thing and causing a scene. Alternatively, Snowythorn was known for being hot-headed and proud. She equally sought blame towards both parties. The tan-colored she-cat lowered her head, pressing her forehead into the tom's. Her billowed breath caught as she whispered, "I'm just as annoyed, but relax. Let Heronfoot and MireClan's Riverteller deal with her." Olivebranch doubted many things and many cats, but surprisingly, she did not doubt her friend nor her friend's Riverteller. The she-cat removed her head to cast a beam to Heronfoot as if to show the conflict was resolved, even though the murmurs only continued. With Spiderpelt in tow now, Olivebranch beckoned for everyone to disperse and let the meeting continue. In line with Heronfoot, they returned to their respected positions beside the rivertellers.

Riverteller Duneheart wrapped her tail even more tightly around her paws. Her fur was brushed up against the collecting snow. As the full moon began to yield, the she-cat sent a silent prayer to their ancestors. Alas, she was ready for the warmth of her den. As Hazelear collected his thoughts, Duneheart added her own final words of wisdom. A more so rendition of his own comments and an additional praise that their ancestors would look down on each and every one of them for another six moons before they would meet again. With the meeting concluded, Duneheart stood to her feet. "Well, that was interesting." She murmured to Hazelear in particular. "I would like to apologize privately on behalf of Lilywater. She is grieving in a way I can only imagine after losing her kittens to a gruesome fox attack." The MireClan leader was never one to divulge such statements, but she trusted Hazelear and such an outburst only deserved the upmost honesty. "I will speak with her when we return home and bestow punishment as I see fit." Duneheart offered the tom a final smile before she turned to Heronfoot. "Alert MireClan to say their goodbyes. We're leaving." She was cold, she was hungry, and she wanted to fix these nuisances before she opened another one to address the nightmare that Lilywater had inflicted tonight. Already she could feel the bad blood boiling.

With the meeting concluded, Olivebranch turned from riverteller Hazelear to address a few MireClan warriors that, at first seemed to want to mingle with GroveClan, but then began to disperse. Slowly, but surely. It made the deputy uneasy. She offered a few polite hellos and goodbyes before ultimately, she elected it was too much of an effort now than before. By then, Heronfoot had addressed her again. The she-cat offered her a beam of a smile. "Of course. Safe travels and be safe!"

ooc: responded through pm!
Nunavik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me