Poise and Rationality || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Baelixx » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:12 pm

The corners of her mouth are tugged from a smile to a grin as she sees his blush deepen. Yep, she decided, he was cute. He says he shouldn't and the princess bites her lip, still running her fingers across its soft yarn. "Oh good." She hums as he asks how to purchase the blanket. Her hand disappears into a pocket hidden in the seam of her dress, and Aella presses a few gold coins into his hand. "Here." She says softly. "It should be more than enough..." and then she gestures to the nice older gentleman who was tending to the stall. "You'll just tell him you'd like this blanket and then give him the coins."

And then she listens to the question and she shakes her head. "No, this is pretty typical when the weather is nice. If it becomes too rainy or cold then most goods are kept inside and safe from the elements." Aella explains. "But when there is a celebration, the streets flood with people. Dancing and singing... hot food and drink..." memories flash through her mind before she blinks and comes back to reality. "We'll have to come for the solstice so you can experience it." Is determined and she offers a warm smile.
┏⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ┓
⭐️ѕane ιѕ тнe ιnѕanιтy мoѕт call
⭐️norмalιтy pυт ғorтн вy ѕocιeтy
⭐️yoυ woυld тнιnĸ wιтн all тнe genιυѕ
⭐️ and тнe вrιllιance oғ тнeѕe тιмeѕ,
⭐️we мιgнт ғιnd a нιgнer pυrpoѕe
⭐️and a вeттer υѕe oғ мιnd.
⭐️ѕoмe people never coмe clean,
⭐️ι тнιnĸ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean.
⭐️yoυ're walĸιng a wιre вeтween
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ looĸιng ғor love ιn-вeтween.
⭐️ ι υnderѕтand aвoυт ιndecιѕιon,
⭐️вυт ι don'т care ιғ ι geт вeнιnd.
⭐️ people lιvιng ιn coмpeтιтιon,
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:55 pm

The old man, in question, has no teeth and Rith is... surprised. The prince stiffly exhales and speaks, then the exchange of coin and the blanket is *taken* from him - and after a few minutes it's returned- bundled with ribbon so he can carry it over his shoulder. He blinks and then thanks the man.

A warm smile of his own finds his mouth, "Thank you Aella." Is said, fighting the urge to take her into his arms and hug her. After all... he could hurt her. The prince turns, taking her hand, parcel over his shoulder and resumes walking - looking back and forth at the various shops. "What do... I mean, what are some things you like? I've read... about... hordes?"

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:50 am

"You are very welcome, Rith." She says with a hum. It was nice to see him like this, in her homeland and smiling. His hand finds hers and she gives it a tender squeeze as they continue to walk. Her gaze moves over the different shops before his voice has her looking back up to him.

An almost mischievous smirk finds its place on her lips and Aella's eyes shine. "Oooh, that's a good question." She hums before continuing. "Before I answer that, let me explain why we have hoards in the first place." She searches his eyes a moment before continuing.

"Think back to when you were a kid... a young child. How much can you remember?

Now, if I give you your favorite teddy bear or toy, saved right out of time and exactly how you remember it. You can hold it, feel it, smell it. The memories of having this precious item flood your mind as you can touch it once again." She pauses a moment to exhale deeply, her own mind reeling with memories.

"Now, try to imagine that your life is extensively long. You're not a few decades old. You're centuries old. The years blend together and everything becomes... like a bug blur of existence.

That's why dragon's hoard. That's why they pursue those who steal from them. It's not the treasure or what it is worth... it's what that particular piece *means*. It's a memory, a piece of their past, something perhaps that they cherish - whether good or bad. It's a part of them."

She pauses long enough to search his expression, hoping that her explanation makes sense.

"We don't necessarily hoard treasure because it looks nice, and we really aren't interested in its monetary value. The truth is that a dragon's hoard is its memory.

Our lives span a millenia; and our hoards offer hard, concrete reminders of our past and our own identity. They help keep experiences and memories straight instead of tangled up and indiscernible.

When dragons first began this practice millennia ago, we didn't realize how much all the others races craved treasure... there weren't as many of them around back then, for one thing, and most of them were still hooting and swinging from the trees... Gems, gold, and silver, and all the rest were just a convenient choice; they shone and sparkled in a way that made it easy to distinguish them and work them into mnemonic patterns.

Only recently have dragons discovered that the reason adventurers persist in attacking their lairs is their desire for these things. For the older generations, of course, it's too late; once their memories have been preserved in treasure, they have no option but to fight to hold on to them. But the young dragons have learned better, and found new things to use to remember our lives.

That's why Khalisburn is located here- surrounded by mountains on every side. It began to keep our hoards safe from greedy humans, while offering a safe haven to have children and families. And from there, our kingdom grew into what it is today." She smiles up to him, eyes dancing with joy that he would ask of hoards.

"For myself, I hoard items and pieces from my experiences... storybooks from my childhood, shells from the seaside, paintings I purchased from festivals... anything and everything, really. But..." she stops to lick her lips. "My favorite is my journals." Aella admits, almost sheepishly. "I like to write even just a single line a day, of something good that happened or something worth remembering."
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:08 am

He is quiet, listening and learning; Rith allows himself to envision what she says, and to luxuriate in her joy. The prince wonders if she has written something in those journals about him - and what that something could be? Rith hums softly, then, "that is a beautiful horde, Dracona, don't be embarrassed. "

The prince offers a warm smile, and begins walking again. He is careful not to pull her in his eagerness, "this is all,... I've never seen so much variety and ..." He blushes. "Beauty,"

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:07 am

A warm hum escapes her as she hears his approval. "I'll have to show you... sometime." Is said and she smiles, glancing down a little at the idea of sharing something so personal and private with another person. Her gaze finds his again and she smiles warmly before they begin walking again.

Her hand squeezes his in delight at his words. "I am so glad that you find it beautiful." She nearly gushes, gleeful that he is enjoying her homeland. "There is still so much to see and do. I hope that you find it all as enjoyable as this." She can't help but hum again before gently resting her head against his shoulder.

As they continue their walk, Aella begins to smell a delectable scent of roasting and candied sweets. "Hmmm, I think you need to try some of those..." she says and looks up to him. "When we are done perusing the shops I'll have to buy you a treat." and then she glances back out to the shops. "Anything pique your interest?"
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:45 am

Rith smiles again, and heads into a shop with multiple candles; "what sort of things do you like anyhow?" Is asked, wondering about the holders and the faint scent of honey and how they make the candles. It isn't long, however, until he leads them back into the street.

He had grown up with luxury around him, and scarcity with what he could touch. Briefly he wonders about how her life it, was... "Your parents... are kind." Is settled on at last. "Why are they... so kind to me?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:07 pm

She looks between the candles, letting go of his hand briefly to sniff a couple of them. "Mmm.. I like a lot of different things, but mostly small token items. Momentos, if you will." A hum as she finds a scent she likes. "I really like bunnies though, and have a small collection of figurines and depictions."

She takes his hand again and walks along the street. "Ah... well I guess it would help to understand that dragons aren't really evil or good by nature." Aella begins to explain. "We tend to keep to ourselves and away with whatever decision is best for our people and future posterity. However, our allies are treated as our own- an extension of our kin. Enemies can expect entirely the opposite, as we will bring down fire and brimstone and destroy those who threaten our lineage."

Aella looks up to him with a smile. "You are my fiance... the literal future of our name and lineage and kingdom. If they were mean to you, it would bring no good and would affect the relationship I could build with you. Besides, you are a good person Rith. They have no reason to dislike you. I also think they admire your bravery." Aella pauses their walking and decides to stand on her toes to say something quieter to him.

"Just like you said to me. You are enough, and always will be." She ends her words by placing a gentle, chaste kiss on his cheek
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:40 pm

His eyes grow soft and light, "do all of your allies know?" Is questioned politely, "or am I an exception?"

The prince halts beside the princess and listens, "I wasn't brave, Aella, I simply did not wish to lie to you or to your family. Your family, and you, -" He clears his throat, "I had not wished to start a new chapter to my life on lies and misdirection." The prince falls quiet, meeting her gaze, "I was - am - terrified."

And then she has kissed his cheek, and he stills completely.."I could obstain Aella, you'd be free."

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:41 pm

"Ah.. Rith, we have no other allies." Her words are soft and gentle and she tilts her head a little. "So... yes, technically all of our allies know because you're the only one."

"I... am sorry you are terrified Rith. But I so appreciate your honesty."

Aella searches his gaze a moment before shaking her head. "Free until the next suitor comes along..." she says at last. "If it isn't you, it is someone else you know. That is the life I'm destined to live- a pawn on the chess board of royal life." She gives a shrug and sigh. "I think when you live your whole life knowing what will come eventually, it sort ofbeckmes a... distant dream so to speak." She tries to explain. "Something to... look forward to." Her gaze falls from his to instead look toward the ground.

"Besides... I think I quite fancy you." Is admitted sheepishly.
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:25 pm

And who would be kind to her, as he would? Rith leans in and presses his lips to her forehead- he remembers his old nursemaids doing so to comfort him, and seeks to comfort her - "I'll not go anywhere, you're safe with me." Is murmured, just for her ears.

The prince wishes he had some way of saving her from that fate, as she seems to have little desire to rule... he then looks down at her in shock, a mixture of emotions warring across his face, "I'm quite fond of you. " He agrees amicably, not sure exactly of what he is feeling- but he knows he speaks the truth. (He doesn't realize it yet, but he doesn't want to go back.)

Rith bares his teeth in a small smile and takes her hand, "enough of duty my lady, show me your Khalisburn. "

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me