Poise and Rationality || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Baelixx » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:29 am

-Disclaimer-
This forum is strictly for use by Alpha* and Baelixx only. Please refrain from posting. Viewers are welcome.

The war had finally drawn to a close, and it was time to piece things back together. After four long years of bloodshed and battle, a peace treaty had finally been drafted and signed, ending the battles where they stood. The two greatest assets owned by both royal families were wagered; the future crown. In this agreement lay the entire future and well being of the kingdom, and both Kings saw it fit that their children be married. After all, what could possibly be a better way to ensure their peace? Merging the two kingdoms under the rule of their two only children was the only thing they could think of. In this way, the people would become one and all fighting would end.

At least, that was what they hoped for. Animosity and blame still harbored in the citizens's hearts. How could they possibly open and expand their borders to one another after the murder and war had ended just weeks before? This tragedy could not be forgiven so easily. And while the wedding was something to celebrate, the only heirs to both kingdoms being favored by their subjects, it was incredibly frustrating to make union with the enemy.

While the couple put on a brave face, it was evident that they were forced into the bonds of holy matrimony. How long could this possibly last? How could they rule a kingdom together? How could they possibly secure a future and raise posterity? Heavy is the head that wears the crown...
Last edited by Baelixx on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Alpha* » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:54 am

(Love it! I'll post my form soon)

Name: Rith Morath Barness
Looks: 23 or 24

Hair: Auburn, Curley. Has golden highlights (all natural) about shoulder length
Eyes: gray and green
Height: 5"11
Skin: well tanned, some freckles
Other: broad shoulders, narrow hips - he is powerful but ... he doesn't seem so. He seems frail
Scars: one over his left eye and down his cheek in a jagged slash that healed right
Piercings: sometimes he has 1 gold hoop on his right ear
Tattoos: Fortuna em passe *fortune follows the brave

Allergies: strawberries and healing ointment
Powers: he can heal or kill with light at a touch and some energy. He can change forms by collecting/ adopting genetic memories. He can fly (with birdlike wings which he can hide) mind speach

Species: Angel×human and shapeshifter called a Lugarian.

Other: he is the heir to the kingdom "Apinumera" which is a dark kingdom. He is skilled with weapons and languages, he views his kingdom as superior (because he was raised that way) his mom died birthing his sibling. As such he has a younger brother. He is two almost three. Their father is sick and will die.

He was cursed.

--

Name: Dean Cassius Barness

Species: human (long story)

Looks: golden hair, curly. Heterochromia (1 green eye. 1 blue eye) chubby rosy cheeks.

Other: he thinks Rith is his father... as their father effectively abandoned him. Furthermore, he has the gift of prophecy.

---

Rith is fiercely protective of the boy. He named him. His father went mad and wanted him dead until he talked him out of it.
Last edited by Alpha* on Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am

╔══════════════╗

Aella of Khalisburn

╚══════════════╝

❝𝐻𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓊𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓎 𝓈𝓊𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈❞

═════════•°• :☀: •°•═════════

Basics

═════════•°• :☀: •°•═════════

𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒 || Aella Nyxx Eros

𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝑒𝓈 || dragon + human

𝒶𝑔𝑒 || many centuries, but appears 24

𝒽𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 || 5' 5"

𝓌𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 || 142

𝑔𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒 || She has ashy brown hair that reaches to the middle of her back, deep set sapphire eyes with gold in the center, and a toned, mesomorphic hourglass shape. Her skin is a creamy peach, while her hands are dainty, they are calloused and worn from a lifetime of training and battle. As a dragon, Aella has black scales with an iridescent blue shimmer.She has two large horns and spikes along the length of her tail, breath of blue flame or ice, and unchanging eyes. She stands twelve feet from claws to the crown of her head, and is nearly thirty feet long from snout to tail. Her wingspan is greater than her length, and makes her a powerful flyer.

𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 || She is the only heir to the kingdom of Khalisburn, and as such has been raised to rule the dragon folk. She is trained in the art of weaponry and war, with particular skill in aerial attacks and dagger fighting. Aella has three forms. She is able to appear completely human, completely draconic, or a cross where she is human with horns, tail, and wings. She is also able to be in her full dragon size, or to be her draconic self as the size of a small cat.

Khalisburn is a kingdom of neutrality. As dragons are primarily self interested, they don't have usual alignments but rather shift and change according to what would be most beneficial to them. This arranged alignment and marriage was a last resort, and is only possible because the monarchy and counselors decided that life was more important than domain and power. As such, she views herself and her people as superior- due to the fact that all draconic folk are incredibly prideful and she was raised believing as such.

𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒸𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓂 || Bridget Satterlee

𝓋𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒𝒸𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓂 || Grace Lee

Last edited by Baelixx on Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:48 pm

The old man sitting upon the throne is bored. Bored of peace and councilors and of his son... a son he doesn't believe is his in his entirely. Surely he is a changeling?

The kings dark, hooded gaze is watching as his eldest and supposed heir fights off three men - sweat glistening, muscles rippling and metal ringing against metal or peeling when it strikes stone. "You're to be married." Says the man, his once powerful figure withered and collapsing in on itself.

"WHAT!?" is roared and then, "Married father?!" Is gasped, and he slips in surprise- barely managing to block the two swords aimed for his throat. His kingdom doesn't believe in half measures or in training gently - if he died his father would adjudicate and his youngest, second son.. would be murdered by their uncle. Powers are forbidden in training before the king. (At least for him.) "Why?" Is ground out - this is the only time he can speak with his father, during training. The blood red stone with softer gray stone blossoms give a fearsome and sickly appearance to the already pale king.

"Your.. pet.. my son, " it's as if the words are stuck in his throat, "you wish him to live? It was decreed before your birth and it will occur. Or I'll kill him." He waves his hand to silence the open mouth of the shapeshifter. "You will meet her tomorrow night at the annual Yule ball. You will be there."

Rith tosses his opponents in a show of strength and they dont get up quickly. They bow out. His hands shake in rage until he forces them to be steady. "As you wish... sire." Is said and then he stalks to his room. It isnt long before he is running for the forest- the stripes layered across his back stinging (but that is a small price to pay for this moment of freedom. He can heal anything and anyone but himself and he doesn't feel like his hired nursemaid coddling him with his fathers supposed remedies that smell and taist as poison.)

Wearing his oldest leather pants and a gray-green tunic he slips into the evening shadows. Long since had his father stopped coming for meals, so curfew (so long as he was back for morning rounds and roll call) isnt mandatory.

Him? Get married? Shes probably human!!! His father didnt tell him anything about her!

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:25 pm

"You can't be serious..." She growled, disbelief and vexation thick in her voice as she glowers at her parents. They had summoned her to the study, a large room where her father spent most of his time making plans and meeting with the generals. Of course, she knew that it was serious to be asked to meet them here- but this wasn't what she had expected. Smoke trailed from her nostrils as she huffed, curling and twisting in the air.

"We are perfectly serious." Her mother assured, giving her a look of warning that this was not an argument she would like to engage in- nor one she would be winning. Her lips curl into a frown and Aella growls. "This is absolutely ludicrous, you can't expect me to-"

Her words are cut short as her father loses his patience and stands from the arm chair that is his favorite and located behind his desk.
"We can't expect you to what, Aella?" He said, his voice colder than usual and daring her to continue her protests. "To fulfill an arrangement signed and decreed before your very own existence?"

It is evident to her now that she will not be winning this argument any time soon. But to be married?? It would be like giving up her wings- her very freedom- for some kind of boring stuffy life waiting on a pompous arrogant prick of a man and seeing to his every need like the usual housewife. Her eyes narrow a bit as she remains quiet, staring between her parents. "I understand." Aella says, emotion gone from her voice now. This was against her wishes, they knew. But there wasn't anything that would change this.

"You will be meeting your betrothed tomorrow night at the annual Yule Ball." Her mother spoke. "As such, you will be in attendance." Aella merely nodded, knowing now that her time to speak was gone.

"Very well.You are dismissed." The king spoke with a pointed nod, seeing that she was no longer arguing. Had his daughter finally learned something? Doubtful. But at least she was biting her tongue. Aella curtsied before leaving without another word.

"Very well, father. But don't expect me to play very nice." She snarled to herself, her footsteps heavy as she made her way through the corridors and to her chambers. Throwing open the doors to the balcony, she inhaled deeply, like it was her first breath of air after nearly drowning. "Mucksput... how am I supposed to handle being married?" She growled to herself, gripping the balcony railing tightly.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:50 pm

He takes a form that isnt his: but when he does it feels like his. Like he was born this way. He takes to forest, wishing it were sky, a mighty bronze beast, green eyes flashing his rage. And he runs and runs and runs and runs,, not noticing the directions.

Not caring.

How dare they betrothe him! How dare his father not tell him! How dare they all!

No doubt she isnt happy.... unless she is just a woman for looks on his arm.

A snarl leaves his mouth- he shoots sparks and then winces. THAT wasn't the right thing to do: he wasn't prepared and wasn't used to it. Why cant his father care what he wants? And threatening the life of his brother?!

He doesn't mean to snarl and roar. He is full of wrath and indignation. Dont they understand who and what he is?

Well a marriage is a marriage. He doesn't have to like it. He would, of course, be kind - she was a princess. But they cant force him to love her. Or anything else.

With that thought in mind he turns, returns home as the sun rises.

--

(Ts)

--

Rith smoothes the fabric of his vest and tosses the tie into the fire. Contrary to his fathers wishes he isnt wearing the king's regalia, his medals or the kingdoms colors. He is wearing gray, a snowy shimmery gray.

He, THEY, as the new king and queen after their marriage would be changing the colors of the kingdoms to fit the two. Theirs was

.. what was it again? His kingdoms was toxic green and violent red. No. Those wouldn't do. They would usher in a new era.

But... he is pretending to be human; so he arms himself with his weapons and changes his scent to seem human. He even changes his eye color to match the heterochromia of king and sibling - one eye green and the other blue - both so dark as if he were filled with coals. He ties back his hair, darkening it to mahogany and highlighted with gold.

Human.

How despicable.

Rith scowls at his reflection as his father peers at him, "now... a trinket for your bride." Is ordered, and he claps his thin, dry hands.

A gown of red silk, covered in garnets and ruby beads is held out for his son to take. "Our traditional gift." He doesn't miss the golden chains that accompany it.

He hates it. Its ugly.

His bride should be allowed to choose what she wears... even if he doesn't love her. Is it too late to run away? "Thank you Father, your taste is... impeccable." Is stated sourly, he places the symbolic gold cuff on his right wrist and then a spray of tiny tea roses in his lapel. "I am honored by your choice and aid." He words have ash as flavor on his lips.

"Change now, into something fitting of a prince. You arent a Lord or a commoner. You're an heir. You wont make a fool of yourself." The implication is clear, do it, or else.

He immediately stiffens and turns to the waiting closet. It isnt long before he wears the clothing fitting his station - acidic green, with a large red rose in his lapel. Still, he doesn't change the rest of his appearance and he doesn't stop pretending to be human. His father looks him over once, grunts, and leaves the room.

The trumpet blares out -- the other party has arrived. Once where he would have been excited he wears only disgust, it rolls in his stomach... Rith follows down his father, standing to the right hand side of the throne, and waits.

His face is a mask of indifference.
Last edited by Alpha* on Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:37 pm

She was, of course, supervised and attended to as she prepared herself for the ball. Her father had ordered her handmaidens to keep a close eye on her, fearing she would pull one of her usual antics. Aella was sat before the mirror in her human form as Cassia brushed her hair and pulled half of it up into an ornate braided crown with tiny black roses cascading down the length.
"I don't understand what I'm supposed to do." Aella growls in frustration before being chastised to hold still by Zelle, who was trying to placed charcoal and midnight blue color over her eyes.
"You need to fulfill your duty." Mai replied as she placed a deep blue and silver necklace around her neck that shone like the stars. The princess sighed, tendrils of smoke escaping her nostrils as she leaned back in the chair. This was anything but her. This facade and mask of femininity and beauty. If it were up to her, she would show up in a pair of pants and a loose fitting tunic- that or else her full set of armor in an attempt to cause a reaction. Finally, with her hair and makeup completed, the three handmaids helped her into the dress that had been chosen by the Queen herself. A jet black bodice slowly became shimmering midnight blue and deep amethyst, with glimmering diamonds creating the illusion of a night sky and represent the colors of the Khalisburn kingdom. The look was completed by the amethyst crown.
"Perfect." Zelle spoke, eyeing the princess one last time to make sure they had completed the task at a level that would be satisfactory to the King himself. "Now, make sure you behave yourself." Cassia warned, and Aella couldn't help but flash a smile with her fangs poking out. Mai rolled her eyes. "Go along now, your parents are waiting."

--

The ride there was perhaps the most boring and uncomfortable she had yet experienced. Her mother was trying to cheer her up and give advice, while her father warned her not to pull any stunts. She wanted to sink into the seats and disappear entirely... But at last, they arrived.

Stepping from the carriage, Aella followed behind her parents, the six inch heels she was forced to wear clicking against the floor with every step as trumpets blared to announce their arrival. She had no clue pertaining as to any detail of her betrothed, and Aella found the whole situation unsettling and upsetting. They had made it to the throne room, and she followed her parents suit as they bowed and curtsied respectfully. The young dragon didn't wish to see him, but it was nearly impossible considering the acidic green coloring.
"We are delighted to be here, King Barness." Her father spoke, his usual strong and booming voice now laced with added charm as he looked to the other king on his throne. Formalities, as custom.
Meanwhile, Aella simply cannot help but glance around and take in their surroundings. Her expression is painted in neutrality, but internally she is quite anxious as she feels like a bird in a cage with no way of escaping. She has recognized the kingdom now, Apinumera, only from what she has been taught in her studies and identified by the awfully hideous colors. But that is the extent of her knowledge. She had no clue about their species, their custom, or their names. But at least now there was a face to place with the thought of her future husband, and from the looks of it, he seemed quite indifferent
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:48 am

His father dispenses with formalities: "Come now! We are family. Why do we need such customs?" He rises, and walks the fifteen steps down to the other kingdoms monarchy. He then appraises the girl - pretty enough for heirs. "My son, Rith." Is said, gesturing.

Rith can hardly stop the rage boiling in his stomach, but he plasters a smile onto his face and bows low. Somehow that smile is genuine. "Sire, Madam, ... my lady. " he holds out a box - he had wrapped it himself. "I apologize for assuming, it is traditional for the bride to wear our colors on the day we were wed." He extends the green box he had wrapped himself. Inside his pocket is another box, containing a letter and a lilly: he cannot give it to her until they are alone.... Has he overstepped?

A minor glance at his father shows his (for once) approval. Finally.

Rith turns his full attention back to his bride and her parents and notes that she is, infact, quite beautiful. If covered in makeup. Does she actually need it? Though cold in expression. At least his father was lucky - he is lucky that his bride isnt... a shrew. --- sigh.

Could it be that she isnt happy with the situation eather? Surely! He straightens and awaits her words.

But... is she a demure little princess? Or a queen in the making who doesn't need to be saved? A timid sniff says she is human. (Is she actually though?)

Rith scans her appearance, "My lady, Princess... I find you quite lovely. Would you care to take a stroll before lunch is served?" Is questioned politely, still awaiting her to take the box. "I would provide you furs to keep warm,"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:18 am

King Varian couldn't help but smile slightly at the other's words. "Ah yes, family." He says with a nod, watching as the space between them dissipated. Looking between the king and prince, he then steps aside, allowing Aella to fill the space between him and the king. "And my daughter, Aella." He speaks before watching the interaction

She feels like the caged bird on display. Deep blue eyes search his features as he bows. He was much taller than she, even with her added height from the heels. He had dark mahogany hair with golden highlights and eyes that didn't match. He looked entirely human, and she had no idea he had her fooled. Regardless, his features were pleasing to the eyes. It would be a shame though, if he was just another pretty face with no real character or personality. It may seem shallow, but Aella hated the idea of being married to someone who didn't understand the supernatuality of her origin, of who and what she was. A human was so... fragile. So naive. So boring. Her gaze moves to the box and her eyebrows furrow just slightly. Had she heard him correctly? Traditional? Oh you have got to be kidding. She couldn't even choose what she wore to a wedding to a man also chosen for her? It took immense mental strength to swallow down the rage burning in her chest and to prevent a haughty huff of smoke.

Blinking, she realizes that she can feel her father's glare on her as she has yet to respond to his polite invitation. Searching Rith's eyes, Aella musters the kindest tone of voice she can muster, realizing her probably didn't desire any of this either. "Thank you kindly, your gift is well received and appreciated." She speaks, carefully accepting the wrapped box from him. "A walk would be both lovely and welcomed, but the furs are unnecessary. I prefer the cold." She does not wish to open it now, afraid she will not be able to contain herself and her expression if it looks anything like she imagines it might. Her mother, Queen Jaina, gives an approving nod, believing it would be best that they become better acquainted. "A stroll is a wonderful idea." She speaks, taking the box from her daughter. "We will see you at lunch."

This is confirmed by her Father's approving gaze, and Aella watches as the attention is turned from her. King Varian smiles to the other monarch, stepping forward to close any unnecessary space between them. "What has become of you as of late, old friend." He asks, hoping that they might discuss some things before their heirs join them for lunch.

"Lead the way, my Lord." Aella speaks, looking up to Rith as she waits for him to offer an arm of escort
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:38 am

His father pat's the younger kings arm in welcome and smirks at his son. Then he turns his attention to the king and queen, "just the ruling. We just finished a war with the Crioni... --"

The words are not lost to Rith when he offers his arm to his... fiance... and then leads her from the room. Hes ignoring them. Once outside he leads her down to the garden, the snow crunching wonderfully under his boots. The air in his lungs making billowing clouds as he exhales. He inhales her scent, standing downwind. Ah. She isn't human, not entirely - for there is the smell of char in the air when she breathes out. But ... he says nothing about it. He could be wrong after all. "no doubt you'll find the traditional gown ugly. I did." Is said nonchalantly as he digs into his pocket and comes out with a small box - cream colored paper and a blue velvet ribbon. "Please feel free to wear what you wish on your... our... wedding day,... I wouldn't dream of ruining it for you. And ..." he licks his lips, "we are supposed to only have one. " this is all less than ideal and he wants to please her - if only because doing so work make his life easier later.

The tall young man offers a ghost of a smile that doesn't fit his modified face.

A sigh, he let's go of her arm and from the bag attached to his hip removes a pair of soft leather slippers. "I... I would imagine that your feet may ache wearing those shoes. May i?" Is asked, holding the golden slippers in hand and kneeling in the snow.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me