1X1 with Kipori

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

1X1 with Kipori

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 am

Voltron RP with Kipori just before and following Sam Holt's arrival back on Earth.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 1X1 with Kipori

Postby Kipori » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 am

Basics
Name: Oliver “Ollie” Hobbs
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Position: Engineer

Physical Description
Height: 130 LBS
Weight: 5.7”
Hair: Black, messy
Eyes: Chestnut brown
Typical Clothing: Commonly seen in his cadet uniform but otherwise he wears a short sleeved hoodie over a tank top, jeans and sneakers.

Personality: Ollie is hardworking and bright but this doesn’t stop him from being a bit of an idiot at times. He likes to laugh and try new things, even if they have a chance of going badly. He has been called a trouble maker but he would prefer to be called an evil genius if anyone asks. Despite all this, he does do his best in everything he is tasked with, even if there is a lot of mock complaining and dumb comments involved. His loyalty runs deep and he will drop everything to keep his friends safe, even if it involves danger to himself. His family is the most important thing to him and he wants to make them proud and protect them in whatever way he can, which can cause him to get a bit home sick sometimes since he is away from them so much at the garrison.
Skills/Talents: Working with anything mechanical, making star charts
Likes: Exploring the base and surrounding area, sneaking snacks after curfew, working with his hands, rock climbing or just climbing in general, night shifts
Dislikes: Gun training, running drills, getting caught sneaking about, having things blow up, waking up early
Fears: Scorpions, snakes

Relationships
Family: His dad and younger twin sisters (Alice and Freya)
Relationship status: Single

History: As far back as Ollie can remember, his family has only consisted of his dad and younger twin sister who were adopted into the family after a family friend passed away and they had no other family to take them. Despite not being related by blood, Ollie has always considered them his sisters and treated them accordingly. Which meant teasing and pushing them around like a proper big brother but also watching out for them and taking care of them whenever dad was to busy with work.
School was never Ollie's strong suit despite having the brain and knowledge to do well. He was always to focused on building things with his school supplies that he tended to forget to actually pay attention to the classes which resulted in his grades being pretty average or below. The only area of school he excelled in was shop classes that involved working with his hands and the few astronomy courses he took when they were provided. These two things would grow to be his passions as he got older and started getting more into them. Engineering and machines became his primary passion, stars and planets were great but they were nothing compared to getting his hands dirty, though he still took his siblings out to see the stars every other weekend.

Basics
Name: Warren Frost
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Position: Leader/mentor

Physical Description
Height: 180 lbs
Weight: 6.0”
Hair: Dark Brown, cut short
Eyes: Forest green
Typical Clothing: Usually just his uniform, wears more casual clothes in his down time

Personality: Warren is always doing the best he can to both help people and complete the tasks he has been given. Sometimes he has bouts of self doubt that can be crippling if he dwells on the for to long but they are few and far between now that he is older. Kind but strict, Warren tries to set a good example for those younger then him and the cadets in his care. He doesn’t enjoy reprimanding those who break the rules but is willing to do so if necessary. He dedicates his all to everything he does, refusing to give up until he's done everything he can to complete his mission, even if it is a lost cause to begin with.
Skills/Talents: Martial arts, firearms training
Likes: Staying busy, coffee and just caffeine in general, helping others learn, snow and winter, thunderstorms
Dislikes: Handing out punishments for rule breaking, swimming, being stuck in the infirmity, doing paper work, long nights, going through a day without coffee
Fears: Getting someone killed because of his own inaction

Relationships
Family: Just a mother and father

History: Warren was always an anxious kid growing up but it was never so extreme that it effected his life or choices. Sometimes he would hesitate a little to long and miss out but it never bothered him that much. After all, he knew there would be other opportunities in life that he could take instead. Sure, some of the things he missed out on would have been amazing experiences but he tried to never dwell on them to much. Regret was something he didn't want to feel if he could avoid it. This attitude changed slightly when he joined the garrison and suddenly had to think about how his actions would affect others. It was a bit terrifying at first but with the help of some other cadets who he still calls friends to this day, he was able to mostly overcome the fears that held him back for the first few years. He was no where near free of the self doubt but it didn't bite at his heels constantly either which was enough for him at the time. The older he got the more he came into his own within the garrison until he reached the point he is at today.
Last edited by Kipori on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name’s Kollie or Kol
=
He/Him
=
Absolute nerd
=
Roleplayer
=
Caffeine Addict
=
Kipori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am

Basics
Name: Enroje (Rodger) Castillo (Right)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Position: Pilot

Physical Description
Height: 5'9
Weight: 152 lbs
Hair: Wavy dark brown
Eyes: Amber
Typical Clothing: Other than his uniform which he tries to wear as much as possible, Rodger's clothing is second-hand at best and either patched or somewhat holey. Most of the clothing he wears is somewhat drab in color, due to the brighter colors and decorations fading away over time. The one thing that he will buy new instead of second hand is one pair of sneakers every two years.

Personality:
Rodger has worked hard in his classes to be eligible for the Galaxy Garrison and the financial aid they provide. He's focused and determined to become a pilot for the Galaxy Garrison- a dream he's had since childhood. He's somewhat reserved, tense, and shy around new people, and reluctant to be friends with others. Once he's around people he's comfortable, Rodger is somewhat outgoing, relaxed, and laid back. He still looks up to his father and tries to be like him, emulating his family values, hard work, and kindness to others.

Skills/Talents: Rodger is a skilled fighter-class pilot, among the top ten of his class. His father imparted a love of hiking and the outdoors in him, and Rodger has a wide range of survival skills. Rodger has an uncanny sense of direction and quickly learns the right ways to get to and from new places.

Air and space craft, fresh fruits and vegetables, quiet, animals and pets.

Dislikes:
Loud noises,

Fears:
People he trusts and loves leaving him,

Relationships
Family: His mother, Camilia, left when he was 8, saddling his father, Thomas, with her accumulated debt to get full custody of Rodger. He hasn't seen his mother since then, and is an only child.

History:
Rodger's life was relatively uneventful until age 8. His family had a nice house in the suburbs in Nevada, but the idyllic family life was upturned when his mother left. Although Rodger didn't understand it at the time, his mother had been racking up large credit card bills and finally left when confronted by her husband about them (among some other habits). In order to keep his son, Thomas took on her debt and got full custody of Rodger. He hasn't seen his mother since then, and he and his father have lived a relatively nomadic and frugal life since, bouncing all over the country as his father tries to find work to support him and his son. To his credit, Rodger rarely went hungry, and Thomas slowly is working his way out of his ex-wife's debt. Rodger really looks up to his father and enjoys the time they spend together, especially their once a month weekend hiking trips. While he didn't always have the nicest clothes or places to live, Thomas ensured that his son was fed, dressed, encouraged and supported academically, and loved unconditionally. When Rodger got into the Galaxy Garrison, Thomas was incredibly happy for him, and Rodger was upset as it meant they would no longer live together and he might not see his father for long periods of time as he moved around. It took some time, but Rodger has adjusted to living at the Garrison with his new 'family' of teammates.

Basics
Name: Parker Curtiss (Left)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Position: (Xeno)biologist

Physical Description
Height: 5'5
Weight: 128 lbs
Hair: Golden Brown
Eyes: Grey
Typical Clothing: Parker is in his uniform any time he's on base during the week. On the weekends or off base he wears relatively neat, conservative clothing.

Personality:
Parker is very intelligent, and doesn't necessarily get along well with others. He tends to look down on other people and can be arrogant and standoffish (or as his parents call it- independent). Parker would much rather prefer to be in the lab or reading a book than socializing, but on the occasion he wants to be social, he will read in a public setting with his team. While Parker isn't the most fond of other people, he often seeks praise for his accomplishments from authority figures and has what he considers a close bond with his family and his team. He shows this by preferring to spend time with them occasionally rather than be by himself.

Skills/Talents:
Parker has a wide knowledge of animal and plant biology. He is quite smart, and prioritizes his studies over social skills and relationships. Parker also has a good working medical knowledge. As Parker has prioritized academic and intellectual studies, he's barely scraped by with proficiency in marksmanship and physical fitness.

Dislikes:
Things changing/losing control over familiar settings or situations. He doesn't like to be in large crowds or applying himself to things he thinks aren't important (for example, marksmanship)

Fears: Not achieving his dream of being a galaxy garrison scientist.

Relationships
Family: Parker has two parents, Martha and Dakota, and two younger siblings, Hannah (8) and Jacob (10). They recently moved to the city nearby to help support him as he studies. His father has taken a job at a local engineering firm, and his mother is working as a nurse in the city hospital.

History:
Parker grew up being the student who excelled in his studies and was very motivated and driven to pursue his interests. As he got older, his interest in schoolwork flagged, and his grades dropped until he received a stern talking to by his teachers and parents. Not wanting to disappoint his family's expectations of him, he pulled his grades up. As an added incentive to keep him doing well in school, his science teacher let him run some experiments in her room after school on the weekdays. Working with her allowed Parker to apply his knowledge and provided encouragement for him. Funding their experiments was a problem, so the teacher finally suggested trying to move on from their school and apply to the galaxy garrison- there, Parker would be able to pursue his interests and solve problems as a part of their well funded scientific team.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

(Some clarification- I'm running with the assumption they have a fairly strict schedule and a barracks/college dorm kind of set up where they live on site in a room or small set of rooms with their team. I was also thinking they'd' have semester-ish blocks of time, and that they'd be somewhere towards the end of spring or summer semester, what works for you? I was thinking that during the summer semester they'd get more free time and less academic classes and more activity type things, how does that work with you?)

Also please excuse my fascination with air conditioning- it's hot up here and I'm all gross and I was working outside today too)

Rodger Castillo
Rodger rolled out of bed before his alarm, making sure to turn it off before he left the dorm room. Parker and Ollie were still asleep, and he still wasn't hearing the end of the one time he'd accidentally forgotten to turn it off before leaving for his morning workout. That was almost a year ago, and they still bothered him about it, reminding him to turn off his alarm. His gym clothes were stashed in a small bag by the door to their bathroom, and he moved quietly across the floor, picked it up, and walked into the bathroom. He quickly changed in the dim light coming from the lights above the mirror, not bothering to close the door as it creaked loudly, and then slipped out into the hall, closing the door as quietly as possible behind him. And so, Rodger's morning started as it did every morning, at 0456, walking to the gym. The whole concept of working out in a gym was completely foreign to him when he'd first arrived at the garrison- he was plenty strong from doing a recent ranch hand job with his father out in the midwest, why would he need to work out when his daily job would keep him as in shape as he needed to be? Rodger quickly found out that if he was sitting on his rear end studying all day and not working out, his physical fitness scores would fall rapidly, and so he instituted the practice of a morning workout and an evening workout. Like usual, he was the first person in the gym- he usually stuck around until 0630 so he'd have time to shower and make himself presentable before breakfast, which was served between 0700 and 0800, and then classes began at 0815 for the day. There was often time to go the range to get some firing practice or the flight simulator if he didn't have any homework to finish up and Ollie was busy. Parker more often than not had his nose in a book or wasn't anywhere to be found.
Rodger began his workout, slipping a pair of earbuds into his ears to provide some music. He tried to vary his workouts up and use different machines, but he did wind up finding himself enjoying some of the machines and weights more than others. He still didn't like the principle of staying in a room doing nothing but picking things up and putting them down to no real progress towards a job. He was slowly coming around to the idea that working on himself was a job, and that it was okay to invest his time and energy in himself rather than on a task. Five other cadets managed to work their way into the gym before 0625- a slow morning, and Rodger paused to get a long drink of water from the fountain before heading back to the dorm room.

Parker Curtiss
Parker rolled over in his bed, kicking in frustration at the sheets. They always kept the temperature too hot here, was it too much to ask for some decent air conditioning? He'd been sweating throughout the night again, and his skin felt clammy and warm. Parker grumbled- of course he would have to take a shower before Rodger came back. He rolled over to look at the clock on the wall beside his bed- it was 0609, so that made enough time for him to hop into the bathroom for a quick shower. He'd lived with Rodger and Ollie long enough to try to work around their schedules- it wasn't worth the hassle most times to try and deal with them and what they needed to do and what he needed to do. Parker quietly got to his feet and walked into the bathroom, putting his uniform on the hanger outside of the bathroom door. The last thing he wanted to do was get his uniform damp from the shower. Parker shut the door behind him which creaked loudly and turned the shower on, setting it as cold as it would go and then hopped in. He couldn't stand it long, but the cold was a welcome relief from the heat of the room and the paltry breeze they called air conditioning around here. Parker showered quickly and dried himself off, cracking the door to the bathroom open with a creak, and grabbed his uniform. He changed quickly and slipped out of the bathroom and their room, into the hallway and down the corridor, heading in the opposite direction that Rodger would be coming from even though it would take him longer to get to the library. There was enough time to get in some light reading, put some final touches on his homework assignments, and check in with the lab about the experiment he was working on before breakfast- it'd be okay if he swung by a little late. The first thing he noticed was another cadet sitting in front of his favorite computer, typing away hurriedly-a partially completed assignment that had been neglected the previous evening. Parker grumbled, but took a seat in front of his second favorite computer. He re-read his assignments that were due for the day, clarified a few statements, and fixed one typo that he'd managed to miss earlier. With that completed, he picked up a few books he'd been wanting to read from his reading list and carried them with him to the lab- it was at least five degrees cooler there and less people would bother him there.
His experiment was proceeding along nicely- the genes he'd spliced into the bacteria growing in glass petri dishes were producing small colonies at a relatively good pace. It was slower than some of the other bacteria he'd worked with, but this strain was hardier, and as a result colonized slower. He tapped absentmindedly with a finger on the top of one petri dish, feeling a wave of frustration at the incompetent lab technician which had transferred his bacteria samples into plastic petri dishes instead of glass ones. That would have been a disaster but Parker had caught it before the plastic-eating bacteria had managed to eat their way out of the dish and into the lab environment and through most of their equipment. He took a deep breath, feeling cooler air circulate through him- that was in the past, his experiment was going okay, and he had enough time to start reading one of the books in the air conditioned lab. He sat at his desk, putting the books down and selected the top one, cracking it open and reclining in the chair as much as he could.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kipori » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:51 am

(Yeah that all sounds good to me and make a lot of sense. As for the dorm, I guess think a sort of barrack like dorm set up might work? Where the three sleep in one room with their own space in said room with an attached bathroom as opposed to having separate small rooms? It's not a big things though so whatever works :)
I'm also going to go with the idea that Warren has a private room as a instructor? I don't think he would be sharing with anyone... also just going to go with him having roughly the same morning schedule as the others since I have no idea if it would be different since he isn't a cadet but after that I'm a bit unsure of what I will have him do. Will he already be a mentor for the team at this point or is he just an instructor in something like fire arms training or martial arts?
I think we should go with close to the end of the Spring semester instead of the Summer one, for the sole reason that I like spring more then summer haha. Does that work for you? I guess spring wouldn't be as hot but it's a desert so I'm sure it would still be pretty warm (so Parker's annoyance over the temperature still makes sense despite not being summer and thus scorching hot)
Totally understand that so no worries. Take it easy, heat stroke sucks big time.)

Ollie Hobbs
When Ollie rolled out over and shut his alarm off, it was 0620 and he really just wanted to roll back over and go to sleep. Of course he knew he couldn't do that since he had to get up now if he wanted time in the bathroom before Rodger returned and took it over until breakfast. Groaning, he shoved himself up and out of bed, stumbling towards the vacant bathroom. He only paused long enough to grab his uniform so he could also change into that while he was in there. As he pushed the door open he wondered how close he had been to catching Parker before the bookish boy disappeared off the wherever he went in the mornings but dismissed it. Sometimes he would wake up early enough to catch him before he disappeared but that happened infrequently since Ollie preferred to get as much sleep as he could instead of having a nice chat with his team mate in the morning.
After changing into his uniform and brushing his teeth, Ollie set to work attempting to make his messy hair settle in a somewhat professional manner. It ignored his attempts, instead choosing to stick out at odd angles that had him cursing it. Most of the mess was his fault for going to bed with wet hair ever night since he preferred to shower right before bed instead of fighting for the shower in the mornings before breakfast. Of course, he could get up earlier and shower if he really felt like it, but his sleep meant a lot more to him so his hair was a necessary casualty. He spent a few more minutes fighting with it before giving up and finishing up his morning routine and stepping back out into the dorm. He glanced at the clock by his bed, yawning again as he noted that Rodger would be back soon if he stuck to his usual routine. At least the room won't be so annoyingly quiet then.
Stretching his arms over his head, Ollie went back to his bed and glanced at the homework he had abandoned the night before. A quick glanced showed it was complete so he left it where it was for the time being. Looking at it for to long would make him anxious and might lead to him second guessing all his answers which was just a recipe for disaster as far as he was concerned. He had a bad habit of changing answers to the totally wrong thing when second guessing his answers yet he had never learned from this mistake as he still did the same thing sometimes. Instead, he reached under his bed and pulled out the star maps he had been working on. It was a little hard to make any progress from his room in the early morning but he could at least work on memorization which he had been lagging behind on in the last few weeks due to an influx of homework. That was a pain but homework came before hobbies so he had grudgingly done just that. Now though, he had a bit of time before breakfast to get a bit of studying in but probably not enough to make up for the weeks of lost time but it was better then nothing.

Warren Frost
By the time his alarm went off at 0500, Warren had already been up for half an hour and was on his third cup of coffee. He had been swamped in paper work much to his displeasure but he had brought it down on himself by ignoring the growing stack for longer then he should have. He knew it was a bad habit of his to ignore a large part of his job but in his defense, sitting behind a desk pushing papers was not what he had signed up for. Sighing, he rubbed at his tired eyes and eyed the beeping clock near his bed with a level of disdain that one should never have for an inanimate object. Pushing himself out of the chair, he crossed the room and shut the annoying beeping off, pinching the bridge of his nose as he glanced back towards the pile of papers he still had to deal with. Sure, he had been working at it for a while now but half an hour wasn't nearly enough to even make a real dent in the stake. Shaking his head, he resigned himself to another hour of working on the papers instead of going down the the range today. That had to be punishment enough for his stupidity right? It felt like punishment enough so with a long sigh he got back to work, flipping through paper after paper. This was a new level of boredom that no human should have to deal with he decided after another ten minutes had passed. There was no way he was going to make it to an hour like this. That being said, he kept his head down and worked his way through what he could so that by the time 0600 had rolled around, his eyes felt shot and his had already had more caffeine then was recommended for an adult male. He had finished the stake of paperwork so he felt a small sense of accomplishment as he got up and headed to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. He let himself shower a little longer then he probably should have, he deserved it, before going about the rest of his routine. He had the time to take his time but he was nothing if not efficient and was in uniform and presentable in record time. That meant he had some time before needing to go to breakfast to drop of the more urgent paperwork at their respective destinations. Much of it could wait until later but there was a few documents that he had procrastinated a bit to long on so he gathered them up and headed out, already knowing this was going to be a long day with a lot of coffee involved if he wanted to survive it.
Name’s Kollie or Kol
=
He/Him
=
Absolute nerd
=
Roleplayer
=
Caffeine Addict
=
Kipori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 am

(I like the barracks idea where they're all staying in the same room and have some desks and chairs for studying- I'm thinking of basically a triple dorm room with an attached bathroom :) What if they have fun shades that they can enclose their bed area/beds are built into the walls and they have electronics like for a clock or alarm or light so they can read before bed or something? Maybe a touch screen on the top of the bunk? Weather information? Tossing around a few fun ideas :) I agree with you that Warren should have his own room, and while he'd be their instructor, I'd imagine that they'd have small enough class sizes for one instructor to be able to mentor one or two teams. They could be assigned to keep an eye on things, make sure everyone is compatible with each other, and help problem/conflict solve and perhaps even plan team events and stuff so they're involved to some degree. That way it'd make more sense when Sam Holt comes in and is assigned a team- it's already right there in one unit rather than randomly shuffling around people (for neatness' sake). End of the spring semester it is!
On one side note, what classes would you like to have them be taking right now? General classes plus a smattering of physics/fitness/military esque topics?
I also arbitrarily gave Warren the title of lieutenant- please feel free to change it as you wish, just had to toss something in there other than 'Mr.'
Additionally, I can't watch the new season until tomorrow evening and I am incredibly frustrated- I really want to see it!)

Rodger Castillo
Rodger walked back to his room, pausing outside to knock and wait a few moments for anyone inside to get themselves presentable before he entered. It was a good system, and hearing no response, he opened the door and stepped into the room. A quick glance around told him that Ollie was up and at his desk, while Parker, as usual, was nowhere to be found. Rodger smiled, stepping into the room.
"Good morning." He said to Ollie before turning and pawing through his closet, which consisted of a number of identical uniforms and a few shirts and pants that were his civilian clothes. He selected one of the uniforms closest to him- it didn't really matter which one he wore, as long as it wasn't his flight suit. Rodger shut the closet door, uniform over one arm, and took a quick look in the bathroom to make sure his towel was in there.
"I'm going to take a quick shower." He said, giving Ollie a heads up before hanging his uniform outside the bathroom door and closing it behind him. He stripped out of his sweaty gym clothes and tossed them into a corner of the bathroom floor and stepped into the shower, turning it to a pleasantly cool setting. The shower was quick- all he had to do was get the sweat off of him, and he quickly reemerged into the room wearing the uniform. Ollie was still at his desk, so after putting his dirty gym clothes and wet towel in the laundry hamper he wandered over to the desk where Ollie was sitting and sat down in the nearest chair.
"How's the homework coming along?" He asked absentmindedly, leaning back without taking a good look at what the other young man was working on. His mind was thinking of the classes they had today, trying to call up a schedule for whatever they were doing after breakfast. As if prompted, his stomach rumbled in anticipation of the meal.

Parker Curtiss
Parker got wrapped up in the storm- something he'd picked up for his fiction book of the week about some technologically advanced futuristic people who went on an adventure of discovery with two aliens. There was a smattering of both probable and improbable technology, although the concept of a 'ringworld' or a partial dyson sphere was an interesting one, although finding humanoid aliens that closely resembled people from Earth was an amusingly poor concept. He liked the aliens that were different from people rather than the ones that were the same as or some uncivilized version of humans. He glanced towards the watch on his wrist and quickly got to his feet and tucked the book under an arm- it was already approaching 0700 and he wanted to get to the dining hall quickly to get warm food and a good seat away from everyone else. Not that it would matter much to Rodger, Ollie, and Lt. Frost, if he was there, who all gravitated to him. He understood the whole concept of the team bonding practices they were supposed to be doing, but Parker would rather be left to his book for the duration of the meal than engage in small talk. Most of the other cadets had figured out to not bother him, but Lt. Frost had set some boundaries for Parker to force him to interact with his teammates. He was torn between being disgruntled with him or being thankful that if he wanted to be social, it would be possible for him to find others who would tolerate his presence. Parker still hadn't figured out how he'd like to feel about the situation by the time he arrived at the cafeteria, and decided to leave that line of thought for now. There were more important things to worry about, like whether he should have pancakes or the french toast. His eyes flitted over the options, noting some slight discoloration on the pancakes- they'd been overcooked, so he went with the french toast. He snagged some assorted fruit and meat from the other offerings, wanting to attempt to balance out his diet a bit, and then selected the table the farthest away from the door and the serving stations where there would be the least amount of foot traffic. He settled down at the table, beginning to munch on the fruit he'd brought with him and opened the book again.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kipori » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

(Alright cool, we can go with that then. I like them having desks and stuff in the room and it makes a lot of sense. I also really like the idea of them having the ability to change and customize their bed shades, makes the dorm feel a little more personal and homey if they have some ability to change it to their liking. The idea of having a touch screen is pretty cool, maybe it has their schedules and weather information programmed into it as well as being the controls for the reading lights and such? It could also be where the alarm/clock is located instead of it being a separate device?
Okay good, I was hoping that would be an okay call to make haha (The only reason I could see him sharing was if he had a significant other, maybe?, but since he doesn't have one it isn't a problem we have to worry about) And yeah, I agree that the classes would probably be small enough for him to act as their mentor as well as an instructor. Sort of like a person you would go to if you have any questions or concerns as well as keeping an eye on them and making sure they are compatible and the rest of the stuff you pointed out. I think he should already be their mentor at this point, maybe not for very long but enough time for them to be somewhat comfortable with him? And I think I will have him doing fire arms training instead of martial arts because I really don't want to to try explaining that (At least with fire arms I at least have some knowledge of how it works haha)
As for classes, I think they would have probably have the basics like history, math, science and English as well as some other general classes added in if they are relevant to what they are training to become? They would definitely have the fitness/physics/military esque stuff but maybe most of that is built around what they are training to do, barring stuff like fire arms training, general physical training and anything else that they should all know?
That title works for me, I know very little about military rank so whatever works for me.
No worries haha, I burned through the season so let me know when you're done and we can figure out how this will work in the long term :) )

Ollie Hobbs
Ollie barely glanced up when he heard the knocking on the door before dropping his head back down into his star maps. He already knew it was Rodger on the other side of the door, it wasn't going to be Parker after all and who else would knock before entering? Nope, Rodger was the only one and as he expected, Rodger's voice rang out in the room not moments later.
"Morning." He said, lifting his hand in greeting but keeping his eyes on his maps. The maps in front of him were far more interesting then conversation at the moment so he didn't make any attempt to start one and Rodger didn't seem interested in having one either. That was fine with Ollie for the moment, though he was sure his attention would waver from the maps soon enough.
He hummed when Rodger said he was going to have a shower, thankful for the heads up but not really needing it. They knew each others routine, giving him a heads up was sort of pointless but he appreciated the gesture for what it was. Even if it was just to be polite and nothing else.
Shaking his head, he refocused his attention but he could already feel it wavering to other things. Sighing, he glanced at the clock and decided he would try for a few more minutes before giving up for the morning, he could always do a bit more before bed tonight if his homework load didn't drown him first. Groaning at the very idea of being swamped with more homework, Ollie rubbed his eyes and looked back to the charts, hoping to forget about homework for a few minutes.
Time passed quicker then he thought it would since the next thing he knew, Rodger was leaning up against his desk which made him jump slightly and look up.
"Not homework." He shrugged, leaning back in his chair. "Just a little side project of mine, nothing special or anything."
There wasn't much need for an engineer in training like himself to worry about stars positions and names but he had always found them fascinating. Going star gazing had been something he used to do with his dad a lot and later with his little sisters when they were actually old enough to appreciate the beauty of it all. They weren't as fascinated as he was but it was still sibling bonding time and they loved that part so he had made sure to make it a regular thing. Shoot, now he was feeling home sick again. Ollie, thankfully, didn't have much time to dwell on missing his family since Rodger's stomach cut off the train of thought.
"Hungry are we?" He teased lightly, moving to clean up his charts but not bothering to put them away since he planned to work on them later. "Want to walk to the dining hall together?"

Warren Frost
Running paperwork and documents around was almost as boring as reading and signing them and not for the first time Warren was really questioning why he had accepted this position at all. Of course, he knew he had little choice in the matter when he was made a Lieutenant and giving an instructor position but while he didn't mind the latter, he very much disliked what had come with the former. Who knew there would be so much paper involved, not him that was for sure.
Grumbling under his breath, he dropped off the last of the cursed paper and internally cheered. With that done, he was free to focus on the part of his job he actually liked, teaching cadets. That part of his job came with its own challenges but that didn't stop him from enjoying it a lot more and most of the cadets he had taught and was teaching were quite bright and eager to learn. There were trouble makers of course, but he took them in stride and in the privacy of his own mind he thought that they tended to liven up the day just a little bit but he would never admit to thinking that.
Checking the clock, he noted he should get to breakfast soon if he wanted enough time to eat and still have enough time to get his first class set up before the cadets arrived. He was planning to run some accuracy drills as well as go over some gun break downs today so he needed time to get that all set up. Huffing at the thought of rushing through his breakfast, he resigned himself to eating something small and picking up the missed calories at lunch or possibly dinner if he missed lunch.
Warren also realized he should probably check in with the teams he was mentoring and see how the week had been going. It had been a few days since his last check in so it was about time he did. He decide to try and catch them during breakfast if he could and if not he would try again at dinner, lunch was never a good time for them or him really. With the plan to check in made, he headed for the dining hall, hoping the food was decent this morning and not terrible like it had been yesterday.
Name’s Kollie or Kol
=
He/Him
=
Absolute nerd
=
Roleplayer
=
Caffeine Addict
=
Kipori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:19 am

(I'm glad we took the time to talk things out and do some more planning! I like your ideas of the touch screens having different controls/information available to them. I agree with you that they should have the basic classes, although now that I think more about it it would make sense for them to have specialized classes (ie extra simulator time for the pilot, maintenance classes for the engineer, ect. These might be done on a rotating basis (like 2-3 times a week for everyone, or daily if it's their specialty), as I remember in season 7 they had Hunk in flying in the simulator. If we wanted to focus more on keeping the group together it might be a good idea to do everything on a rotating basis so everyone is (somewhat) cross trained.)

Rodger Castillo
At Ollie's admission of the sheets of paper in front of him not being homework, Rodger leaned over and took a closer look at them. He recognized the seemingly random spattering of points across the sheet of paper as a star map and slid one of the bottom sheets of paper out from under the pile, not wanting to disturb the one that Ollie was looking at. Despite being a pilot, most of his experience was terrestrial in nature, and at this point in his training the space-based simulations they were doing were more acquainting them to operating the ships in a zero gravity environment rather than focusing on navigation. Rodger gave it a cursory glance, not recognizing anything, although he was more focused on his stomach rather than the chart in front of him. As Ollie started gathering up the charts, Rodger nodded, setting his chart down on the top of the pile.
"I worked up a bit of an appetite this morning." He admitted, standing up and stretching- one of his arms was a bit sore. He'd have to take it slow with that one so he didn't wind up pulling something. Rodger twisted his torso to one side and used his arm to stretch out the other one. "What do you think they'll have for breakfast? I'm hoping they have more of that ham- that was great with breakfast yesterday." He said excitedly. Anything that was not cereal was welcome for breakfast, and one of his favorite things about the garrison was their wide range of warm food choices for their meals. Rodger found his mouth watering at the thought of all of the food available for them to eat, and realized that he'd drifted towards the door in anticipation of the meal. He waited for Ollie to finish putting away his charts before stepping into the hall with him. The walk to the dining hall was relatively short, and most of Rodger's thoughts were occupied by food, so naturally his conversation followed in the same vein. "I really like those tater tots too, do you think they'll have those again this week?" One of the things he'd been working to try and figure out was some semblance of a pattern in which foods were served. While there were some things that were there every day, like eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), assorted fresh fruit (although the varieties changed), bagels, bread, and cereal, other things like the tater tots, ham, pancakes, waffles, grits, french toast, and breakfast burritos seemed to rotate in and out at random. "Have you noticed any patterns to things?" He asked Ollie as they stepped into the cafeteria. He immediately noticed Parker in his usual seat in the spot farthest from the entrance and exit before making a beeline for the food. There wasn't any ham, and he tossed an exaggeratedly upset expression over his shoulder at Ollie before spooning scrambled eggs onto his plate. The eggs were followed by some of the pancakes and french toast, a good sized spoonful of maple syrup, watermelon, and a breakfast roll that he wasn't quite sure if it had been cooked for breakfast or the previous night's dinner. Rodger headed towards Parker, setting his plates down and turning to head back to grab a drink. "What do you want to drink with breakfast?" He asked Ollie as he was passing him, figuring he'd at least provide a helping hand since he was already up and moving.

Parker Curtiss
Parker had started on the fruit first- an assortment of watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries all mixed in together. He somewhat disgruntlement picked out the cantaloupe, eating it first, before systematically eating all of one kind of fruit before moving onto the next type. He'd finished up his fruit and was beginning to work on his french toast when Rodger set his plate down next to him, and Parker sighed, knowing that Ollie wasn't much farther behind him, and it was entirely possible that Lt. Frost would be along during breakfast to engage in more small talk. He pressed on with his book, wanting to keep reading for as long as possible before having to interact with his teammates. Parker knew that he should try to interact with them a little bit, as it'd look good to Lt. Frost when he came in to see all three of them talking, but he wasn't quite prepared to abandon reading his book just yet. Perhaps when Rodger came back from getting drinks he'd talk with them until Lt. Frost showed up.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kipori » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 am

(Haha it was definitly a good call to sort stuff out a bit better before we ran into a real problem later down the line :)
I think you're right that we should have the classes run on a rotating basis, just to keep the group together and interacting with each other just so we don't get into a rut of posts with no character interaction which might get boring if they drag on to long? Plus everyone being cross trained and having a basic idea of how everything works would be useful later on, even if their knowledge is limited compared to the one who is specialized in that area.
I made the decision that Warren is mentoring three groups including this one but tends to focus a bit more of his time on this team since it is clear they're not as solid as the others. He doesn't necessarily show favoritism or anything, he just checks in with them a bit more frequently to make sure everything is running smoothly. Hope this is alright? )

Ollie Hobbs
It was a little weird to have someone else looking at his charts but Ollie allowed it since out of everyone, Rodger was probably the most likely to understand them. If not understand them then at the very least he was the only one who could be trusted not to ruin them, though Ollie doubted Parker would intentionally ruin them either but it was unlikely he would have any interest in them anyways. Shaking his head, Ollie continued carefully collecting and organizing the charts how he liked them while Rodger was talking.
"The ham was good." He hummed in agreement, "Though as long as whatever they are serving is edible, I'll be happy."
Ollie had never been a picky eater so he was more then willing to eat whatever was given to him even if it was sub par food. So far the cafeteria had exceeded his expectations on food quality so he wasn't going to complain about whatever they were served. Good food was good food.
It took a few more shifts of his charts for Ollie to finally leave them were they were and get up. He raised an eyebrow when he saw that Rodger had managed to make his way to the door but moved to follow him out of the room, easily falling into step with him.
The walk wasn't that long and Rodger filled it randomly with little bits of conversation that Ollie let himself get drawn into, even if most of it revolved around food. The talking made his own stomach growl repeatedly and it got even louder when they entered the cafetira and he was hit with the smells.
"I don't think there is one." He admitted with a shrug, eyes wandering the room out of habit, settling on Parker for a moment before looking back to Rodger, nearly laughing when he saw the exaggerated pout on his face. "I think they like to keep us on our toes and guessing."
Grabbing a plate, Ollie loaded his plate with some of the scrambled eggs and after eyeing both the pancakes and french toast decided on just pancakes, adding maybe a little to much maple syrup to them. Some strawberries and blueberries where quickly added his plate but he skipped over the rolls, only grabbing on at the last minute and setting it on the edge of his plate away from the maple syrup puddle growing on his plate.
Pleased with his meal, he glanced around and saw Rodger heading towards Parker's table and headed that way without a second thought. He only paused when Rodger came back towards him and asked if he wanted something to drink.
"Surprise me. " He said with a grin, before walking the rest of the way to the table and setting his things down and sliding into one of the free seats.
"Morning." He said, eyes darting to the cover of the book Parker was buried in but not understanding a lick of it so he instead turned his attention to his food. Normally, Ollie would have tacked a question about how Parker's day was going or whether he had slept well or not but he also knew better then to try and force conversation on their quieter team mate. If Parker wanted to talk during breakfast, he would make it clear in the first few minutes and if not well, Ollie would just talk with Rodger about classes or something. That wasn't to say he didn't want to talk with Parker, he liked the guy, he just also knew better then to push someone out of their comfort zone to fast.

Lt. Warren Frost
The trip to the cafeteria took a bit longer then Warren would have liked it too since he had to take a longer, more roundabout route to avoid a superior that he knew hated him. Warren liked to think he was a fairly likable guy but there were just some people he could not make like him no matter what he did and that superior was one of those people. It was best to just avoid the interaction as long as possible, even if it was a bit of a cowardly move.
Soon enough however, he was stepping through the doors of the dining hall and met with the smells of cooking food and the baseline chatter that filled the room. It was a bit much but he pushed the slight discomfort aside and scanned the room for the cadets he needed to check in with. His eyes found one of the teams near the middle, heads close together as they appeared to be deep in a heated discussion about something but it appeared to be nothing more then just a debate about something so he wasn't to worried about it escalating. Nodding his head at that he went back to his searching, finding another team near the very back of the room, or at least two members of it. Cadet Curtiss and Hobbs, the former with his head buried deep in a book while the latter was eating. He didn't spot Cadet Castillo at the table but he was likely around somewhere if the other two where here, so he turned his attention back to trying to find the last group so he could start his rounds and then get his own breakfast to go. After a few more scans he found them near the wall, talking over what appeared to be a book, with one of them waving a hand around and pointing at the pages while the other two looked on skeptically. He was probably going to need to step in before that became a full blown argument.
Sighing and resisting the urge to run a hand through his hair, he moved towards the last group he had found, knowing they needed to be talked down soon before someone threw a punch. Why did he always get stuck with the problem teams? What exactly had he done to deserve this?
Name’s Kollie or Kol
=
He/Him
=
Absolute nerd
=
Roleplayer
=
Caffeine Addict
=
Kipori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:55 am

(Yeah I wanted to try and avoid the posts where everyone was off doing separate things, since that's no fun! Cross training is always a good idea, look what happened to our other poor crew haha. That totally works- whatever you think is best for this! I imagine that having Parker around can definitely cause some problems, especially on the social end of things.)

Rodger Castillo
Rodger worked his way through the now somewhat crowded cafeteria, going against the flow of people with their trays moving over to the dining area to try and find seating. There was one or two near misses with bleary eyed cadets too focused on a book, homework, their coffee, or some combination of the above. One of the things that Rodger really liked about unlimited food, regardless of the expense. He smiled when he reached the juice station, filling two large glasses of orange juice for him and Ollie. The juice wasn't from concentrate either- it was (relatively) fresh squeezed. Everyone here was some form of health conscious, which for them meant fresh fruit and vegetables in a number of different varieties. Pleased with the glasses, Rodger turned and saw Lt. Frost crossing the room in his direction. Rodger smiled and started to raise a juice-filled hand to acknowledge him, before what he recognized to be a frustrated expression crossed the Lieutenant's face and he quickly changed direction. Rodger followed the Lieutenant's path and quickly realized he was making a beeline for another one of his teams- one of the more volatile by the Garrison's standards. When their team's previous adviser couldn't handle them (namely Parker, Rodger believed), they had been handed off to Lt. Frost. The guy was good, but for whatever reason always seemed to be handed some of the problem teams, and quite a few under his guidance had been deemed unsalvagable and had been broken up, with some cadets being reassigned to other teams with new members or simply leaving the garrison. Rodger had felt a bit worried about being reassigned to Lt. Frost, but all in all he was a good man to work under. He just hoped that if anything like that happened to his team, they'd all stay in the Garrison. He frowned, the morning's happiness over the food now filled with a somewhat growing concern over the future of their team. Rodger knew that it was likely to be one that didn't operate smoothly with some of the brightest members in the class, especially given their somewhat...interesting social nature when he'd arrived. He didn't know if the folks who had assigned him to the team had hoped if he'd be a better influence or if he was in there as a placeholder until they'd been able to assign someone better to the team, but so far they'd made things work. His feet made their own way back to the table, and he smiled as he sat down, offering Ollie the other glass of orange juice. There wasn't much he could do about it now, only put his best foot forwards. Might as well try to recapture some of the enjoyment he'd had about the food earlier.

Parker Curtiss
Parker glanced up as Rodger sat down at the table again, this time with drinks- one for himself and one for Ollie. His eyes drifted around the cafeteria, finding the familiar form of Lt. Frost talking with a somewhat animated team of cadets. Parker glanced between his book, his food, and the Lieutenant, reluctantly pocketing his book with a sigh and returned his full attention to the food and his teammates. He listened for a few moments, trying to figure out where the previous conversation they'd been having had left off, as well as trying to find a way to work himself into the current one at an opportune moment. He wasn't good with the social things- it was a waste of time, but he had realized after a while that the occasional social prompt made them feel good about his presence, the same way he felt when he was alone working on something. His folks would be proud of him, recognizing social things in a team setting. The previous conversation appeared to have been revolving around food, so he looked at the remnants of his french toast and the now empty fruit bowl.
"The fruit was good when properly separated." He interjected into the conversation, leaving his contribution at that for now.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me