Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre | Mustang Million

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre | Mustang Million

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Welcome to the RVEC Mustang Million!

It's finally here! All your hard work, effort, blood, sweat, and tears has finally paid off. You've entered the Mustang Million exhibition center with your Mustang and are preparing to begin the competition itself. Your partner is in his or her stall and you've filled out all the forms. Now it's time to prove yourself and your faithful partner. So without further ado, let the RVEC Mustang Million event finally begin!

SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre | Mustang Million

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:43 am

Rules
I. All of Tess's rules apply.

II. Although I am not imposing a writing minimum on this RP, remember that writing more will get you more brownie points here! The more detail you go into, especially during competition posts, the better you'll tend to do.
III. You may bring along additional RVEC horses to the competition for the sake of company for your Mustang, but remember that only your Mustang can be competed in the actual Mustang Million event.
IV. Please remember to keep everything realistic; this will earn you points in the competition! This includes having a perfect relationship between your horse and his/her rider, perfect competition days, and flawless behavior. Remember, horses that are mechanically perfect or will be docked points on suspicion of drugging or abuse.
V. Please stick to the human's point of view, and if writing in first person, please make it clear who is speaking.
VI. You do not need to submit a form to register so long as you have already registered on the official Mustang Million registration form. If you have not, please do so before competing. Other members who did not register to compete but would still like to observe the competition are welcome to do so!
VII. Have fun, and remember to be respectful of each other!

About Competitions
Competitions will be run RP style, although you are only obligated to participate in the required post that details your actual entry. If you choose to do visual art for this portion, you will only need to narrate what has happened during your round if the picture(s) don't cover it all.

Legends: Legends will consist of three preliminary parts: Horsemanship, Pattern, and Trail. The top 50% of contestants will then move on to the Freestyle portion, where all scores will be wiped and the winner judged by their freestyle performance and compulsory maneuvers. For Horsemanship, the horse and rider are to demonstrate a working relationship and compliance with all requirements. For Pattern, the horse and rider are to complete the maneuvers successfully to demonstrate proficiency at generic equestrian requirements, as well as proper and relaxed self-carriage and smooth transitions. For Trail, the horse and rider are to demonstrate the horse's workability and proficiency at tasks that might be required on a trail or at work. The maneuvers will be more complicated and must be completed within the specified time frame of four minutes. For the final portion of Legends, the horse must complete ten required maneuvers within ninety seconds, demonstrating relaxation, willingness, confidence, and proficiency in the movements, and then will have the length of a song chosen by the competitor no greater than four minutes to perform their freestyle routine. They will be judged on overall horsemanship, including varying maneuvers of differing difficulty, and artistic interpretation, including the "wow" factor.

Youth: Youth will consist of three preliminary parts: Handling and Conditioning, Leading Pattern, and Leading Trail. The top 50% of contestants will then move on to the Freestyle portion, where all scores will be wiped and the winner judged by their freestyle performance and compulsory maneuvers. For Handling and Conditioning, the horse will be released into a pen and the handler removed from the pen. The handler may then reenter the pen and demonstrate the horse's handling ability within sixty seconds however they see fit to show off their Mustang. They will be judged on demeanor, communication, response, and relationship. Conditioning will be judged on the horse's care and preparation, so it is recommended that the youth spend a substantial amount of time grooming and caring for the horse both during the training and before the event. For the Leading Pattern, the handlers will lead their Mustang through a series of maneuvers successfully on a 12'-14' lead line to demonstrate proficiency at generic equestrian requirements, as well as proper and relaxed self-carriage and smooth transitions. For Leading Trail, the horse and handler are to demonstrate the horse's workability and proficiency at tasks that might be required during a normal day. For the final portion of Legends, the horse must complete five required maneuvers within ninety seconds, demonstrating relaxation, willingness, confidence, and proficiency in the movements, and then will have the length of a song chosen by the competitor no greater than four minutes to perform their freestyle routine. They will be judged on overall horsemanship, including varying maneuvers of differing difficulty, and artistic interpretation, including the "wow" factor. Horses may not be ridden at any point during the Youth competition.

Specialty: Specialty classes are designed for horses to show off their excellence in a particular discipline. During each class, the arena will be set for the particular class and the horse allowed into the arena to perform the required maneuvers. There will be one winner for each class as well as one runner up and one third place winner. Stats will not play a factor in judging but should be taken into account during the performance, such as a hunter with weak forelegs failing to lift his or her knees high enough. Failure to acknowledge such weaknesses may result in a deduction of points; as such, all stats will play a factor in any given class (including Legends and Youth).

Schedule
October 21-24: Introduction and settling in; all entries due
October 25-31: Legends Horsemanship; Youth Handling and Conditioning
November 1-7: Legends Trail; Youth Trail
November 8-14: Specialty Dressage; Specialty Hunters
November 9-15: Specialty Cow Work; Specialty Freestyle
November 16-22: Legends and Youth Finals
November 23: All entries closed; judging commences

Legends and Youth will be judged against each other. All specialty classes will be judged against each other.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am

Patterns

Legends Horsemanship:
1. Enter the arena on foot, leading the Mustang. There are two small orange cones spaced approximately ten feet from each other. Halt at the first cone.
2. Lead the horse at a walk to the second cone, then halt.
3. At the second cone, remove the horse's bridle fully, then bridle the Mustang.
4. At the second cone, pick up all four feet of the Mustang.
5. Back up to the first cone, then mount the horse.
6. Walk to the second cone, then halt.
7. Walk to the center of the arena and pick up a trot tracking right.
8. Make a full circle around half of the arena along the rail at a trot, then change directions in the center of the ring and track left.
9. Make a half circle around the arena along the rail at a trot, then pick up a canter or lope and make a full circle around the entire arena tracking left.
10. Change directions in the center of the arena. Pick up a canter or lope and make a full circle around the entire arena tracking right. Simple lead swaps will not be penalized.
11. Come to a walk, then change directions on the rail.
12. Come to a halt at the second cone, dismount, and exit the arena.

Legends Pattern:
1. Enter arena at a slow canter or lope.
2. Halt in the center of arena.
3. Rein back ten steps.
4. Pivot or turn right a full circle twice.
5. Pivot or turn left a full circle twice.
6. Turn left and walk to the side of the arena, tracking right.
7. Pick up a slow trot or jog and continue tracking right.
8. Halt halfway through the ring and back ten steps.
9. Turn right on the rail and pick up a working trot or jog tracking left.
10. Pick up a working canter halfway through the ring, continuing to track left.
11. At the opposite halfway point, cut through the middle and change leads.
12. Canter or lope for half the arena, then come to a stop.
13. Turn on the rail and pick up a working canter or lope tracking left.
14. Come to a stop on the other side of the arena and rein back immediately.
15. Wait five seconds and then exit the arena at a walk.

Youth Pattern
1. Enter the arena at a walk and halt before the first cone for five seconds.
2. Walk to the first cone and pivot or turn to the right.
3. Pick up a working trot or jog to the third cone and halt, then pivot or turn to the left.
4. On a long lead, have the horse circle the handler tracking left and then tracking right.
5. On a shorter lead, back to the second cone and wait five seconds.
6. Pick up a slow trot or jog and exit the arena.

Legends Trail
1. Enter the arena at a mounted walk and halt at the rightmost barrel.
2. Pick up the rain slicker on top of the barrel and drop it on the other side of the horse.
3. Continue walking to the gate and open it.
4. Begin trotting after the gate down the center of the arena.
5. At the end of the arena, begin tracking right and trot over the three ground poles.
6. Halt in the box created by the other three ground poles in the center of the arena.
7. Back out of the box and pivot or turn to the right so that the horse is facing the end of the arena, then halt.
8. Pick up the canter tracking left.
9. Turn down the diagonal of the arena and pick up the canter tracking right.
10. Come to a walk along the rail halfway to the other side of the arena, then walk over the bridge, continuing to track right.
11. Dismount after the bridge, then mount again from the right side of the horse.
12. Pivot or turn to the right and exit the arena at a trot or jog.

Youth Trail
To be posted later

Competitors
Legends and Youth will compete against each other. Hunters, dressage, cow work, and freestyle will compete against each other.
Legends:
Kasey Cavallo | Female | 22 years | Sticks and Stones | Mare | 4 years | caf.
Logan Woodhaven | Male | 23 years | Starwalker's Fancy Don't Let Me Down | Mare | 4 years | Starwalker123
Riata Stone | Female | 28 years | Coup de Grâce | Stallion | 4 years | OutFoxed
Youth:
Eli Fox | Male | 16 years | Starwalker's I'm Weak | Colt | Yearling | Starwalker123
Hunters:
Erin Moore | Female | 25 years | Tequila Sunrise | Stallion | 5 years | OutFoxed
Dressage:
Kasey Cavallo | Female | 22 years | Sticks and Stones | Mare | 4 years | caf.
Cow Work:
Logan Woodhaven | Male | 23 years | Starwalker's Fancy Don't Let Me Down | Mare | 4 years | Starwalker123
Freestyle:
Keaton Ramses | Male | 27 years | Full Moon Shadow | Stallion | 6 years | OutFoxed
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am

Open for posting! <3
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xi'rika » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:57 am

Mark!
xi'rika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:19 am

[[OOC: hope it's alright if i just go ahead and jump right in! as a side note, i may be only somewhat active for awhile since i have a mock ACT today and just a generally busy few weeks ahead of me]]

((Kasey // 22yo woman // Cavallo Stables
Riot // 4yo Mustang mare
Training - x))

"Thank god," Kasey thought, "that I don't live in San Antonio."

In the first ten minutes of the drive to Fort Worth, Riot decided the trip was simply too long and began pawing incessantly. The trailer rocked back and forth nonstop for a full hour and a half, shifting the dually's weight from wheel to wheel. Kasey had considered bringing Mila along in an attempt to sell her but decided not to at the last minute. What a relief that was; that pawing likely would have turned to kicking otherwise.

Nonetheless, at 6:37am the white pickup and its quaint two-horse rolled into the showgrounds. Kasey rolled down her window and rested her elbow where it had been, setting her jaw as she momentarily parked to view the map of the grounds on her phone. Riot momentarily ceased her pawing to whinny loudly, earning a few return squeals from some unseen horses.

Upon happening on the barn where Riot was to be stabled for the duration of the event Kasey was promptly checked in and handed her showing materials. She surrendered a copy of her mare's Coggins and vaccination records in return before pulling into the lot she'd been directed to, where the white gravel they'd been driving onto turned to soft brown soil. The young woman parked her truck and stepped out, glancing up to the sky in habit before trudging to the back of the two-horse.

Riot jigged and snorted in the trailer, leaving another pile of manure from stress. It took Kasey a minute to get her unclipped from the trailer due to her head-tossing. This wasn't totally out of character for the mare; unfamiliar areas took her time to become used to. Knowing the mustang was bound to bolt, Kasey elected to let her turn around and jump out on her own.

Riot took several seconds to adjust to the morning light, but when she did, she trotted a few steps to the end of the trailer, gathered her small figure together, and made a flying leap to the ground. She snorted excitedly as she started to wander off, flicking her tail and ignoring her owner trying (and failing) to grab at the lead rope looped through her halter. It was only when she halted to spook at a grackle that Kasey finally took hold of her, pulling the looped rope from her halter and standing with her until she settled. Riot turned in to her and sniffed her for treats and comfort before Kasey gently tugged her towards the barn.

It was no Kentucky Horse Park, but the barn was nicer than Kasey had expected. The stalls were incredibly spacious, already layered with shavings. Kasey's assigned stall was, unfortunately, directly adjacent to the wash stall; she silently hoped the other mustangs were as unpredictable as her mare so that she'd be forgiven for any trouble she caused. At least the stalls had bars. Satisfied with the accommodations, Kasey led the mare into the stall and unclipped her lead rope before quickly stepping out and latching the door to prevent an unwanted escape.

Riot pawed a deep hole in the shavings before encountering the rubber mat below, then, sighing, dropped to her knees to roll, effectively coating her sweaty self in shavings. Kasey watched her as she stood and began to pace, exploring the stall calmly. Even though the mare needed to be watered and offered hay soon, she elected to wait until another competitor arrived near them; she didn't want to leave her alone so soon. To herself, Kasey hoped that Riot wouldn't decide to try and beat up whoever ended up stabled next to her.

[[OOC: EDIT: syd, is there any way you could post a list of which riders/horses are participating in each division? also, is there a protocol for warming up/riding horses before each round?]]
Last edited by caf. on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SydneyandStorm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:49 am

((Yes, certainly, caf.! Please go ahead and jump right in <3 And that's an excellent idea; I'll go add it immediately to the post with the patterns for each class c: As for warm-ups, no particular protocol, but you can generate pretty much anything you'd need for warming up a horse that would be readily available at these types of facilities (lunging pen, side arena, shower rack, long unobstructed hallway, etc.) if you'd like and the main ring may be used for riding during this introduction period only when no one is competing in the arena c: Also, warming up your horse is an excellent idea for realism's sake if they are going to perform their best so I'd highly recommend it, thank you for bringing that up! ^^))
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwalker123 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:41 am

Logan Woodhaven | Male | 23 years | Starwalker's Fancy Don't Let Me Down | Mare | 4 years | Legends/Cow Work
Eli Fox | Male | 16 years | Starwalker's I'm Weak | Colt | Yearling | Youth

The team form Starwalker Equestrian Center had made the trip in a week and 2 days. Lucy, Logan , Cody, Eli and Ashly had made the drive together. Hannah and Trinity had stayed on at the center to watch over the herd. It had been a long trip for the two mustangs. Logan, Lucy and Cody had traded off driving. The horse had been rock stars most of the trip. Fancy had only freaked out reloading because of a helicopter the first day. Now at 7 am they rolled into the Fort Worth showgrounds. The sliver truck and the white four horse. They pulled to take both horses back to the newly expanding center.

"We made it." Logan said as he pulled the trailer in.

"Yes we did." Eli said a catch in his voice, he was nervous but he know he could handle his horse.

Cody glanced at his phone and gave the directions to the barn. When they reached it. Eli and Logan handed over the papers. Then they pulled on down into the lot. The white gravel turned to dirt. Logan easily moved them into a space near a white truck and a two horse. The team baled out. The boy's moved right away to unload there horses. Cody, Lucy and Ashly went to grab buckets and hay for the horses.

Eli dropped the ramp and stepped into the trailer. The Wild Bay Rabicano horse turned to him and nickered. Eli nodded and lead the colt out into the warm sunshine. The colt blinked a bit and pranced on the end of the rope. Eli just laughed at his baby. Then he moved him to the side.

Logan stepped up the ramp. He went through the empty stall to open it up too the mare. The dunskin was shaking and he had to rub her shoulder as he untied the mare. Logan walked her over to Eli and Weak. The mare seemed calmer when the colt was near her. Logan and Eli lead the pair around for a few minutes before leading them into the barn. Ashly met then at the door and lead them into the barn where they group was waiting. There was one other mare and her trainer, the stalls where near the wash stall. Cody and Lucy sat on the mounting block they had packed near the stalls.

"So, how are our mustangs?" Lucy asked.

"Weak is good." Eli said as he lead the colt into the stall.

Logan watched with a neverous Fancy still in hand. The mare was trembling. Wild looked around the stall and started to pull at his hay. Logan lead the mare in. She started to prance back and forth around the stall. Logan cooned to the mare trying to get her to relax a bit.
Starwalker123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:26 pm

((Kasey // 22yo woman // Cavallo Stables
Riot // 4yo Mustang mare
Training - x x))

As the other horses arrived, Kasey, dissatisfied with waiting, had already set up Riot’s stall and begun tacking for their warmup ride. She didn’t have grand plans; rather, she planned to simply familiarize Riot with the space and perhaps jump her a little to get her back on her game.

Riot’s competition tackset was finally complete after a last-minute tackstore visit the night before; a black all-purpose Wintec saddle with short stirrups to accommodate a jumping seat; Riot’s heavily padded black bridle with a full-cheek metal mullen mouth snaffle for general riding purposes; a pair of black open-front tendon boots for jumping; a coal-black saddlepad with an orange trim and an embroidered flame design on the right rear corner. Granted, Kasey elected to use the green schooling pad for warmup rides and her nice white pad for dressage and non-freestyle competition, so green it was for this first ride at the Fort Worth facility.

Riot jigged as Kasey mounted but she felt no more unusual than she did at events like the cross-country schooling and the 4-H show. Time would tell whether the crowds at the next day’s event would hype her up further. For several minutes, Riot crowhopped, sidestepped, and generally acted up, but Kasey maintained a steady presence and lightly encouraged her to move forward, rewarding her with a soft hand when she finally gave in and walked with ease along the rail.

Kasey walked, trotted, and cantered easily; once Riot realized this arena wasn’t so different from the one at home she settled in easily, well-accustomed by now to her job. Kasey felt as though she had done a marvelous job of preparing her in several different environments, for the neither the lights nor the shadows seemed to intimidate her. The mare would tense momentarily, Kasey would lightly add her inside leg, and she’d move on without comment.

While Riot sidestepped once or twice when Kasey dismounted and remounted, she didn’t spend more than an instant correcting it; overcorrecting the issue would only cause anxiety and tension. She popped the mare over a crossrail, which she overjumped enthusiastically, retried the obstacle and, upon finding the next repetition satisfactory, ended the ride with a trot on a loose rein. The mare didn’t spook. Kasey patted her and dismounted.

The entire ride lasted all of 25 minutes, and while Kasey wasn’t satisfied she knew any more would be too much. Nothing she would do on that day would make the next day’s performance any better. She’d have another opportunity to ride her before the class; that was all that mattered. Riot needed her time to ignore her forage and whicker ceaselessly at the cream-colored mare two stalls down. Kasey needed to toss and turn and think in the seedy motel room she’d booked.

The young woman contemplated greeting her competitors but recognized that they were busy (and, from her perspective, likely didn’t care either way). After she untacked, treated, and finished caring for her mare, she settled herself into a lawn chair outside the stall and began studying her patterns for the next day.
Last edited by caf. on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:40 pm

[Hey,
So excited for this event!
Thank you Sydney for organizing this competition. It's been fabulous to be apart of such a creative pool.
Thank you caf. and Starwalker - you're writing and imaginations have been outstanding, inspiring, and definitely pushing me to be better.
Would it be possible to get my intros up tomorrow? (I know it's a bit late - but life has been a bit hectic.) If not, I totally understand.
Thanks - OutFoxed
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me