1x1 with Alpha*

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 with Alpha*

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 am

Barestar stares at the she-cat, still feeling conflicted in his thoughts and feelings. Could she really be considered a member of the clan, now that she has a role and responsibilities? Surely, there will always be kits she can care for. He has felt rage for so long, believing that it was Mossblossom's fault for leading cats of the clan into human traps. But he also thinks of Foxmoon and her fickleness, despite his love for her. He knows that his mate has a tendency to wander... is it possible that she fell for the human traps? Did she accidentally lead the cats of the clan into the hands of the humans?

But of course, he cannot change his mind. He is the leader, and he shouldn't be questioned. He needs to be filled with wrath and fury, to lead a strong paw for his clan. Besides, now that he is able to develop a symbiotic relationship with Mossblossom, perhaps he can learn to understand her more. To understand what happened all those moons ago, and to learn who is really at fault for the capture of so many cats.

Barestar watches his kits, still nursing quietly and calmly against Mossblossom. He sighs softly and dips his head. Although he still feels some anger, he tries to release it. "Very well. Bring them to my den when they're finished, and I'll care for them while you eat. I believe Sparrowclaw and Ebonysong have returned with fresh kills, if you'd like your pick."

Finally, he exits the nursery, his rage visible in his face. How dare a scum of the clan, a kittypet, question him?! Go against his word! He feels filthy, absolutely exasperated at himself, that he would submit to her requests. But all for the sake of his kits, for the sake of his mate, for the future of the clan.

---

The clouds are becoming overcast, spreading shadows across the ground. Pebbleriver shivers, the snow still on the ground beginning to melt from the sun. But that won't last for long, it seems. She turns her green eyes away from the sky now that Sparrowclaw is beside her. "Oh, thank you for offering, Sparrowclaw. I suppose if you find any herbs, the storage could always use more. But it seems that my supply has miraculously increased," she alleges mysteriously.

Her ears perk towards the nursery, where she had last seen Barestar. And now he emerges, looking furious. Pebbleriver shivers again, this time from fear. "Yes, I will speak to him. It seems that this is an opportune time," she muses. She stands and shakes her pelt off, attempting to warm herself. And perhaps even to shake off the fear. The dark gray she-cat dips her head to Sparrowclaw, trying to make it appear that they were only in brief greeting. She doesn't want Barestar to assume that it was the deputy's idea to talk about Mossblossom's health.

Pebbleriver trots up to the leader and bows her head, bringing herself low to the ground. "Sir, as the medicine cat, I wish to speak to you about a matter that is worrisome. I believe that Mossblossom should be allowed to eat, seeing how she has gotten so thin. Not to mention that she is taking care of the little she-kit saved by the loner Fallen, and-"

Her words are torn from her throat when claws rip across one of her ears. Pebbleriver gasps and watches a drop of blood melt into the snow, crimson against a bright white. She doesn't dare to rip her eyes away from the ground. Instead, she listens as Barestar growls at her, "What is the matter with you she-cats?! I have had enough of this today."

She has no idea what he's talking about, but she keeps her mouth shut and he continues. "You will not stand to question me or my orders. In fact, I should rip your ears off for eavesdropping! If you weren't aware, due to your stupidity and your insolence, Mossblossom has already been granted permission to eat."

Barestar seems to pause and ponder his next words. "In fact... you, Pebbleriver, will be the one to care for her, as you already have been. I expect Mossblossom's weight to be returned to good health, or you will have failed as a medicine cat. The same goes for this... loner. If he is to become a warrior of the clan, he must be in impeccable shape. Their fate now rests in your paws."
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 pm

FallenRains shifts in his nest, anxiety prickling his pelt uncomfortably, though he's asleep. What is it?

--

SparrowClaw had been just about to fetch EbonySong when his so-called leader had struck their medicine cat. Wouldn't StarClan be angry?! The medicine is to be reveared and protected!! How is it that BareStar does this? He, however, is sent to the warriors den with a glower from BareStar.

Something has to be done.

Isn't this why the silver has come? It has to be. HE is StarClans' will!

The hulking cat pokes his head into the den, feeling guilty. Somehow he'd make it up to her. It's all his fault- "let's go EbonySong. " Is grunted unhappily. He then pulls his large head from the den and heads out of camp without waiting.

--

MossBlossom stares at her leaders' retreating form, "thank you." Is said again, though the words burns like mousebile on her lips. The queen allows the kits to eat, pondering the day.

Of course BareStar really has no choice but to submit to her demands for food and fixed shelter, since he NEEDS her... but... she shutters. That was *terrifying.* Why does he hate her so much?

Suddenly PebbleRiver arrives, just outside the dilapidated nursery and she wants to call for her not to say anything. To run away.

It's too late.

She hears BareStars words, his snarls, hears the sounds of claws through flesh. The calico queen gasps, turning her face to the kits. *Don't grow up like him* Is mentally prayed for her own three kits... and his (she dares not say anything put loud, for fear HE would hear.) *Poor PebbleRiver. * is thought, wishing she was braver, and fitter. That she could DO something.. But Fallen is here now. He'd fix things --

Her thoughts are cut short as the entire camp shakes and trembles and pitches violently. She is up and crouching over the five kits, eyes wild - she doesn't miss FoxMoon pelting from the leaders den with her hair in all directions. *Coward.* is thought, because the vile she-cat doesn't even check on her mate or kits or clan, she just swarms up the nearest tree..

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:06 am

Ebonysong picks his head up from the sound of the deputy's voice. He hadn't necessarily been sleeping, just resting his eyes... at least, that's what he told himself. The black tom stood up and shook his pelt off. At least he was warmer now. He remained silent and simply dipped his head in response to Sparrowclaw.

He followed the deputy out of the den. There seems to be a crowd of cats in the clearing, mingling and gossiping with one another. But a lot more talkative than usual.

Ebonysong frowns and follows the deputy out of camp. He has to trot to catch up. But he doesn't mind, he says nothing. If anything he was being a little lazy just laying around in his nest. Once they're deeper into the territory, he finally asks the question that's burning in his mind, his curiosity getting the best of him. "Did something happen... back in camp?"

---

Pebbleriver practically bites her tongue to keep herself from making a smart remark back at the leader. She dips her head lower to the ground, her ear almost touching the melting, mottled and bloody snow beneath her. Although that would be some relief for her small wound, at least. But she doesn't dare show more weakness now.

She finally picks her head up when Barestar pads away. He's now got his gaze on Foxmoon, who has pelted from the leader's den and launched herself up a tree, for reasons unknown to the medicine cat. Is she afraid of him too? Part of her feels sympathy for the queen, but at the same time she's angry. Both the leader and his mate are constantly treating everyone in the clan like these cats are beneath them... and for what reason? Not only that, but Mossblossom and Fallen are given the worst treatment lately.

The dark gray medicine cat heaves a sigh and slowly enters the nursery. She notices Mossblossom's raised hackles and flicks her own tail-tip sympathetically, shaking her head. "I don't suppose you heard all of that?" Pebbleriver asks with bitter amusement.

She settles down beside the queen. Finally, she swipes a paw over her ear, grooming the clotting blood. "How are you, Mossblossom? I mean, despite the current circumstances. Is your face doing better?" Pebbleriver rambles to fill the air with something other than silence. She moves to inspect the queen's healing wounds, sniffing at them gently and tickling the she-cat's nose with her whiskers.

---

Barestar leaves the medicine cat in front of the nursery, stalking away. Fury rolls off of his pelt in waves. He sees his mate bolting from his den and up the nearest tree... which he storms over to. Stomping to a halt at the trunk, he glares up at Foxmoon questioningly with a sneer.

"I thought that we were going to share tongues together? And bond with our kits?" he can't help but spit, his anger getting the best of him. He often has episodes of sudden irritability and mood swings. And this is one of those times -- a time when he doesn't care who exactly he hurts, he just wants to unleash the anger that's roiling inside of him. And secretly, he is hurt that his mate would presume to shy away from him, as if he is such a monster filled with wrath. But isn't that what all cats say of him?

It doesn't matter, he tells himself. You don't need anyone else. Let them fear you. For all they know is that you are the rightful leader, and no one can take that away from you. With that comfort in mind, he stalks away to his den and curls up in his next alone. The scent of Foxmoon still wafts around him. His heart seizes in his chest, but he begins to rip the nest to shreds. Some lowly warrior or a young apprentice can get him new bedding by moon-high.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:05 pm

FoxMoon climbs down from the tree as he approaches; she has a large robin in her jaws - it's bright red chest feathers glowing against her white pelt. Surprise at her mates' words covers her face, shines in her yellow eyes. "What are you talking about?" She asks in a loving mew, stalking into his den with the bird. "I got us something to eat." The queen tosses the mainly brown feathered kill near his nest, "I got us a bird so that our nest would be warm enough for our kits with its' feathers. "

FoxMoon sits down inside his nest, her voice sweet. "What happened my love?" She blinks warmly at her mate, feeling a cool breeze tug at her pelt, "what's the matter?" Because it doesn't matter that he snarled at her, she loves him.

----

SparrowClaw is silent, his tail tip twitching with his anger and nerves. How can he make it up to her?? This is his fault! The cat he adores is hurt, because of him! He should never have said anything to her about that kittypet turned warrior turned queen...

Then the small, dark pelted he-cat is questioning him. They are far enough away from camp that the deputy feels safe in answering him. "EbonySong. " Is whispered, sitting, whiskers drooping, eyes full of sorrow and pain. "Yes.. something did happen. " Is continued.

He shutters, "I .. sent you.. to your nest so HE wouldn't see us.. and think we were conspiring. " he swallows, "I went to PebbleRiver, " his eyes burn with tears that soon track down his face, "and he-" his voice is low and heavy, "HE clawed her. He tore her. He threatening her, " his chest heaves, "he's going to kill us all. I understand now."

----

MossBlossoms' eyes dart around the medicine cat, looking for the leader.. slowly she lowers herself back into the nest, curling around the crying and disrupted kits and allowing them to eat. "I'll be alright PebbleRiver. " is murmured, nervous. "You... I'll never forgive myself for you being attacked on my behalf. " A shuttering breath, "I'm so sorry PebbleRiver. I.. I stood up to him." (As if that's something she should be sorry for, not proud of.)

The pretty calico - or at least once pretty- sighs, "ill be alright. But your lovely ear-" she bites her lip, "I wish I could fix you too. My friend. " because isn't the medicine cat her friend?

"You should leave here. You and that loner, Fallen. Take EbonySong and SparrowClaw and the apprentice named Shimmerpaw. Take all the apprentices and Go. Start over somewhere else. Somewhere safe." She's aware that such words are traitorous, that such words would get her killed -- but the ENTIRE clan knows how vile BareStar is. How cruel his mate, FoxMoon, is. "I have to stay. I'm too weak, and with the kits, but you should go." Who would say anything? Everyone is just as afraid of those two as she is! Besides, with BareStar angry at FoxMoon his attention would be on his mate... she hears them talking in the leaders den...

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:15 am

Barestar stares into his mate's yellow eyes, discerning whether her words are true. But it seems that her intentions are good, and he softens at her apparent kindness. He sits up in his shredded nest, allowing her more room to rest beside him. His stomach grumbles at the sight of the bird. "I'm so sorry, my love..."

He shakes his head as if to clear it. "I must just be angry from hunger. I can't remember the last time I've eaten. This leaf-bare has been harsh on us all," the tom admits with a soft sigh. Barestar leans down to sniff the bird -- a robin, his favorite. Of course she remembered. His heart melts at the sentimentality.

He straightens up and licks her cheek. "Why don't you take the first bite though, darling? You're the one who caught it, of course. And you're the mother of our kits." Really, he's just stalling from opening up about what has just occurred. Especially when all of the clan is probably talking about it! he thinks with disdain. And I'll have to face the consequences of my actions, or worse.

---

Ebonysong waits a few moments for the deputy to answer him. Sparrowclaw suddenly halts, and he almost bumps into the large, bulky and muscular tom. Sheepishly, he sits beside him. His yellow eyes search the deputy's eyes, and he's shocked by how wide his pupils have grown. He's not sure what emotions the deputy is feeling, or why he's shuddering. But he waits patiently for Sparrowclaw to explain what's troubling him so much. He watches as tears stream down Sparrowclaw's face.

Ebonysong gasps in shock by the sight, unable to help himself from brushing against the tom for comfort. Such a strong warrior, to be brought down by such feelings! He almost strains his ears to hear what Sparrowclaw is saying, his voice so low. "He what?" he gasps again. "He... he hurt her?" the black tom repeats, almost making sure that he's not hearing the words wrong.

A shudder takes over his own body. This was worse than he imagined. Not only has Barestar been lashing out at Mossblossom and Fallen, but now Sparrowclaw and Pebbleriver? How dare he! "He will kill us... I think that he would. But we have to do something, right?"

But it almost seems to be a lost cause. What can the two of them do together? Without seeming like conspiring traitors to Barestar and being slaughtered meaninglessly. Ebonysong shudders at the thought. "Should we go back to help Pebbleriver? Isn't there something we can do?"

---

Pebbleriver pulls away from the pretty she-cat. There's no sign of infection in her wounds, but Mossblossom's eyes are filled with sorrow and fear all at the same time. "Oh, my dear, don't worry about my ear. It's nothing but a scratch," she chastises with a little shake of her head.

But she pauses, fear struck into her own heart like a jolt of electricity. "Leave? But... but I can't leave you! I can't leave the clan. What will happen to them? What will happen to you? What will happen to everyone?" she asks. Her voice has been increasing slightly to a wail. But she can't let anyone know what's going on -- no one should hear what they're talking about, lest Barestar see them BOTH as traitors in his eyes.

"You are not weak. In fact, you are anything but weak! And you should be proud of yourself for standing up to that vile tom. But I understand if you need to stay here for the kits," she whispers her next response, mostly out of sorrow and to keep her voice from breaking with such deep emotion.

She perks her ears up. Pebbleriver can hear the leader and his mate speaking in their den, talking with each other. This is her only chance, and she knows it. Even Mossblossom knows it. "I'm so sorry, my friend. I promise that one day I will return for you and save you from this place."

Pebbleriver exits the nursery before the tears fill her eyes, and she stifles them. There's no time to cry right now! she tells herself and hurries to the medicine cat den, surprised to see that Fallen is already awake, but that's also a relief. "Fallen, I need your help. We're leaving right now. Will you gather all of the herbs while I speak to all of the apprentices?"
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:47 am

MossBlossom

"Be safe." Theres an offering of a broken smile and then she nods, silently praying that the medicine cat could come back to a better clan. The calico feeds the kits, watching her friend leave - longing for the other to argue and take the kits and herself with her. Don't leave me here with the monsters.

------->>

SparrowClaw

The deputy nods slowly in affirmation; "yes. He did." Is said, voice broken. "It's all my fault. I should have gone to him, not her. "

His body shudders again, but he takes comfort from the much smaller male. "All we can do is serve the clan right now. We cannot let him know anything. " He swallows, "ill keep you informed. "

The great warrior picks up one of the two rabbits, gesturing with his tail for EbonySong to take the other. "We go back to camp."

------->>

FoxMoon

She smiles sweetly, scraping his nest mostly back together and then sitting beside her mate. He apologized, and that's everything to her. It's more than enough. Dust motes dance through a beam of weak sunshine and she licks his cheek tenderly before plucking the feathers from the robin with efficiency. "Thank you. " She whispers, taking a small bite of the bird before passing it to BareStar while she chews.

------->>

FallenRains

The silvery cat sits up at the sound of pawsteps, bleary eyed he stares at PebbleRiver. "Stop." Is commanded, like he usually tries not to do. "Wait! He is EXPECTING you to do something like this. Wait until lage tonight, when he sleeps."

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:40 am

Ebonysong can still feel the deputy shuddering beside him. "I suppose that's true... but thank you for telling me. I'll readily be of service to you when you need me the most," he informs Sparrowclaw with a curt dip of his head. After a few moments of hesitation and thought, he opens his mouth to speak. The small black tom ventures to add, "It's not your fault."

He recomposes himself and brings himself to a standing position. Ebonysong glances over at one of the rabbits and dips his head again, obediently picking it up in his jaws although he wasn't the one who caught the rabbit. Nevertheless, he wants to be useful to Sparrowclaw, especially at a time like this. At a time when the clan is in turmoil.

The young warrior turns and begins the familiar trek back to the camp.

---

Barestar's heart swells with fondness at a lick on his cheek from his mate. He licks her forehead again and gratefully waits for her to pluck the feathers from the bird. As she plucks each one, he settles it into the depths of his nest. No, their nest. The two of them sleep in this nest together. He leans down to take a bite of the bird.

As they eat for a few moments in silence, he chews thoughtfully. Finally, he admits, "I'm feeling quite tired after such a long day, and I'm sure the same would apply to you." It wasn't quite sundown yet, but the sun was nearing that point in the sky. And truthfully, he only wanted some time alone with Foxmoon.

---

Pebbleriver halts in place, her green gaze meeting the brilliant stare of his bright blue eyes. She's taken aback by his sudden command, but she feels a compulsion to listen to him anyway, despite the fact that he has no real authority over her. "I suppose you're right, Fallen. I'm acting impulsively when I shouldn't be taking such irrational action just yet," she sighs.

"I'm just afraid, truthfully. If this plan actually works, I don't know how to care for all of these cats. Surely, apprentices are useful and they can help. But who's to say that Sparrowclaw and Ebonysong would be willing to go along with me? And what of Mossblossom and the kits? Is there really no way that I can take them with me and save them?" Pebbleriver rambles.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:22 am

Fallen

He lays a paw on hers in comfort; "this is true. But I know of a place. " EbonySong would come, he is sure, if MossBlossom came. The deputy... well... "it will be fine PebbleRiver, I have your back. This.. is why I came."

Though he wishes he could have healed a bit before the mess began.

"Trust me." He soothes, moving forward with his red cloth to collect the herbs into it. "Between you and I, EbonySong and the apprentices we can certainly take the kits and MossBlossom. " He swallows, "its going to rain tonight, so we go, tonight. Eat, take a break... and let me tend your ear."

------->>

SparrowClaw is quiet, "we serve those who need service. " is said around the fur of his rabbit, "don't worry... things will work out. "

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:28 am

Pebbleriver was still slightly in doubt, but she wanted to trust Fallen's words with all of her heart. "This is why you came? Were you always planning on this?" she couldn't help herself from asking in astonishment. It shouldn't come as such a surprise really -- wasn't he always destined for this? Destined to changing the clan?

She watches as he collects the herbs into his red cloth again, no doubt for their escape. "That's good... I would feel terrible for leaving Mossblossom and the kits behind. She's been such a good friend to me, and what would happen to the kits if they had no medicine cat in the clan?" The dark gray she-cat lets out a heavy, shuddering sigh as an attempt to relax. Her thoughts have become too heavy on her heart, almost a physical weight pressing down on her chest with the feeling of anxiety.

"If you really wish to tend to my ear... I think that would be very kind of you, Fallen," she admits and settles down into her nest. Pebbleriver licks a paw and swipes it over her ear, cleaning off more of the clotted blood.

---

Ebonysong remains silent as they carry their rabbits back to camp. But as they near the entrance, he finally says, "I really hope that things will work out... After dropping the rabbit on the meager fresh-kill pile, he glances around. Now that the sun is setting, there's not as many cats in the clearing, either hunting or preparing for the night guard.

"Should we check on Pebbleriver? Or Mossblossom?" he whispers to Sparrowclaw. The black tom doesn't want to raise the leader's attention after such a scene from earlier... yet he can't help but deeply worry about the two she-cats. He's almost certain that the deputy feels the same.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:42 pm

Fallen

"My name is actually FallenStar." Is said softly, "my clan is new. I was sent here Because of the flaw in your leadership. " Because he alone could kill BareStar, could save the clan. "My clan has no name, yet." The silver cat quietly makes a small poultice and the applies it to the horrible scratches on her ear. Then, "but yes, PebbleRiver, to answer your question, it has always been my task to... save those worth saving, as they say." His pelt twitches with unease, having never been... comfortable... with leading. "We aren't leaving her here, this place WILL fall. By the next turn of the moon at latest, I passed many two-leg monsters in the forest. " Gently he cleans and then doctors her ear; the flavor of her blood is heavy on his tongue.

----

SparrowClaw

The deputy exhales after putting down the rabbit, "see to your beloved." Is stated, "she needs to eat, and a rabbit would do her well. " He offers a thin smile, "ill come to the warriors den shortly after. Don't discuss what I've said. " Is cautioned. "Only with her."

FoxMoon and BareStar had snuggled together after eating, and she'd groomed him while he grooms her.... and then they'd gone to sleep (having forgotten about seeing their kits.) When SparrowClaw pokes his head into the den without speaking he is relieved to see them unconscious, and when he clears his throat they don't stir. He turns from the clan leaders den and heads for the medicine cat den. "PebbleRiver. " is said as he enters, "I am so sorry. I should never have involved you with him." He pauses, watching as Fallen the silver loner gathers up herbs, "you're leaving. " it's not a question, but an observation. "Good. I was going to suggest it. The rain will cover our tracks. We leave as soon as you are ready." He nods to himself.

-----

MossBlossom

The clawless queen had finished feeding the kits and had taken the two brothers to the leaders den... but they were asleep. She exits the den and carries them back to the nursery, quickly curling around them as they whimper and squirm at the cold. "My loves." She says, grooming their creamy fur until they quiet - she doesn't dare take a kill from the pile since BareStar and FoxMoon had gone to sleep and not bonded with their kits.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me