1X1 with blu

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with blu

Postby Blumenkranz » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:42 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Hungry // Tags: Rune

“We will be going inside for just a moment,” Calypso said to Valkor, pressing a hand against his shoulder. “Could you wait out here for us? We will bring a treat back for you.”

Turning his head to look at his rider, Valkor grumbled in understanding. Calypso gave him a gentle pat before walking away to follow Rune into the bakery, leaving him behind, Valkor couldn’t help but watch them longingly. He didn’t watch them for long however, as the children were quick to bring his attention back to them.

As much as Valkor wished he could follow Calypso everywhere (and though she didn’t think she would admit it, how she usually felt more at ease with him by her side), he was too large to fit inside the small building. Plus, the bakery owner probably would not appreciate a reptile running around their store, even if he was well behaved.

She didn’t feel worried about leaving him out there alone. She’s had to do it on numerous occasions, and has yet to have any problems. Though Valkor was a young dragon, he was mature enough to not cause unnecessary trouble. That, and his adoration for humans kept him docile towards others unless he was provoked.

Outside, Valkor made himself comfortable. He settled down, lying on the ground with his head resting on the street. The children clambered all over him, chattering excitedly and playing with his wings and spines, but Valkor didn’t seem to mind. In fact, he appeared to be enjoying all the attention. He hummed to himself, his eyes bright and the end of his tail flicking as he watched the children.

As Calypso stepped inside of the warm bakery, she took in a deep breath. The sweet smell of freshly baked bread left a heavenly aroma in the air. It was also making her realize just how hungry she was. She hasn’t had anything to eat since this morning, and the smells and sights of the pastries were only making her crave food more.

She figured if she was hungry, then Rune was likely more hungry considering the amount of hard work she did today. Calypso also briefly wondered if her newfound dragon powers had any effect on her appetite, considering how much Valkor could eat in a single day. Calypso stopped next to Rune, finding amusement in the look of wonder in the girl’s eyes.

The white-haired girl looked down at the assortment of pastries in front of them. Fresh and made by expert hands, each treat looked quite delicious. They offered pastries such as cream puffs and cakes, as well as different kinds of bread. With so much to choose from, it could be difficult to settle on only one or a few things. As she looked, she thought of what she should choose for herself, and what Valkor might like.

At Rune’s question, she looked back at her. "They don’t cost much. You don’t have to worry about the price since I’ll be paying. Just let me know what you want, and I’ll get it for you.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:13 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~ hungry, excited, conflicted

Even as she looked at the pastries, Rune kept Valkor's eyecatching form in her side eye, noting how the young dragon seemed to be a little disappointed for a second, perhaps at not being able to go into the bakery for himself.

Or perhaps it was because he had to be separated from Calypso. Other than the first time she'd met Calypso, Calypso and Valkor were almost always joined at the hip, one not far from the other. Even at a glance, it was clear that the two cared for each other with a deep affection that Rune admired. Though she'd loved her family and her village, she'd still wanted her own space sometimes. Then again, the dragon rider bond was described as a sharing of minds, almost. Perhaps it was less that they liked being around each other and more that they were essentially one person, sharing their thoughts and emotions to become a potent, psychic pair.

And yet it wasn't like they were literally one, the way Rune was. They were separate and yet they were together, always having a partner to share the trials and celebrate the tribulations with, and Rune couldn't help but feel a little envious. What would it be like, she wondered, to never have to go at things alone?

And yet, she was definitely looking at it through rose coloured glasses. Everything had it's good and bad points, and Rune would never really know exactly what it felt like, so it was probably best to not worry altogether.

Valkor also seemed to settle soon enough, lying down and behaving in a way that Rune understood implicitly as contentment. It was almost scary, how quickly she'd gotten used to the body language of dragons and what certain feelings meant. Had experience come with that elder dragon's power?

But then Calypso popped up beside her, and studied the pastries intently, making Rune focus back on the food as well. There were a few things Rune had never tried, and some that looked and smelled familiar enough for her to gauge what they roughly tasted like.

When Calypso said that they didn't cost too much, Rune gaped openly for a moment before she came back to herself. The city was amazing indeed. Still, whilst Calypso's offer was very tempting, Rune didn't really want to impose. Swallowing, she nodded and looked back at the other people. Attempting to follow their actions, she grabbed a tray as well as the prongs, handing them to Calypso before turning back.

She grabbed a fresh loaf first, almost groaning at the way it crinkled when her prongs closed around it. When she placed it on the tray, she could feel it warming the tray. It must have been fresh out the oven.

Forcing herself not to eat it right away, Rune studied the other things purposefully. She didn't want to bother Calypso too much, but she did want to try everything she could. With so many things, it would be best to spread out and try different things with all the variety before her.

A puff with meat and cheese was next, followed by something so heavily spiced that the scent made her mouth water. There was something called a cream puff, and then she looked at the tarts. Those she'd never seen before, a kind of crispier thing filled with an array of colourful, sliced, fresh fruit, topped with some kind of thick sauce. There were so many, but Rune finally settled for one filled with strawberry slices that were a rich red.

Rune paused a little when she looked at the cakes, slightly intimidated by their size and shape, but very eager to try them. They were huge and tall, and Rune stared at them, wondering exactly how one was to go about eating that. Back in the village, they were smaller, and shared by everyone. Technically, though, Valkor would be able to eat one of those in a bite. Could he? Or would they get stuck in his teeth? Shuffling closer to Calypso, Rune whispered lowly to her, using her nose to point at the cakes. "Do you think we can eat one of those whole?"

Eating it aside, how would they be able to juggle it on the tray? Rune felt like she was too clumsy to handle something so artfully made. Looking down at her tray, Rune then tilted her head, realising that it was full. What had happened to trying to not to take too much?

Now troubled, she narrowed her eyes as she went over her choices, trying to see what she could take out. When they all seemed to bring something different to the table, however, Rune's frown deepened. Then, she hung her head slightly in defeat, letting out a soft sigh, colouring slightly in defeat as she turned toward Calypso to let the other see what she had so far. "I think I took too much." Rune stated shyly, before looking up despairingly, biting her lip. "Which do you think I should take out?"
Last edited by lynettetan1 on Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:37 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Hungry // Tags: Rune

Calypso followed Rune as she made her choices, unable to stop the small smile that formed on her face. It was amusing to see Rune being so fascinated by the assortment of goods before them. She couldn’t blame her, the warmth of the bakery and mix of delicious scents was enough to make anyone’s mouth water.

To see Rune happy like this made Calypso relieved. Rune was in a difficult situation, and being trapped within the confines of the Church was suffocating. Calypso was glad that she had the opportunity to show her that this place wasn’t all that bad, and it was nice to see her come out of her shell a bit. There were a lot of wonderful things in this city, and Calypso hoped for the opportunity to show her more in the future.

Showing Rune around the city made Calypso curious about what it was like in the village that Rune grew up in. She imagined it was vastly different from a massive city such as this. Though she’s been to a handful of small villages herself, the only place that Calypso has lived in before her arrival at the Church was a city not too unlike the one they were in now. What was it like to live in a small village such as Rune’s? To live somewhere with a quieter atmosphere and more close-knit community? Would Rune even be allowed to at least visit her village anytime in the near future? Calypso wasn’t sure.

She turned her attention to the available foods, wondering what she should pick out for herself. It was a bit difficult to choose something when there was such a wide variety, but she had a rough idea of what she wanted. She was in the mood for something sweet, but then again, when wasn’t she?

She wasn’t sure of what to choose at first. Should she choose something with chocolate? Or perhaps something with fruit? Should she choose only one thing for herself, or several? After looking around for a bit, she finally settled on something. She used her tongs to pick up a croissant with strawberry filling and placed it down on her tray before moving on to the next thing.

She then thought of what she should get for Valkor. The dragon was not a picky eater, he’d eat just about anything given to him. And that meant anything. It was because of his taste for unholy entities and the hint of a blue hue on his scales that there was belief that Valkor would become a Moonveil dragon.

It was a bit strange to think of how the dragon almost seemed to switch personalities when in the presence of said unholy entities. Right now, he was laying outside, calmly and quietly, not caring at all that children were climbing all over him. Yet put him in the battlefield and he could become a monster, eagerly ripping his opponents to shreds.

She picked up two meat buns for Valkor, setting them on her tray next to the croissant. The buns were not made of the horrors that the dragon seemed to enjoy so much, but meat was meat.

When Rune pointed out the cakes, Calypso looked at said cakes with a raised eyebrow. The cakes were tall and elaborate, likely made for a gathering of people as opposed to two teenage girls. It was a lot of food for one person, and the only way she thought that they would be able to finish it is if they let Valkor have a piece (or more like most of it). She didn’t think that Valkor would be opposed to the idea.

“I doubt we’d be able to finish one of those ourselves,” she murmured to Rune, shaking her head slightly. As much as Calypso herself loved cakes, she didn’t have enough room in her stomach to eat that much all at once.

She then looked down to the tray that Rune held in her hands, noting that she had already filled it up. Calypso wasn’t sure if Rune was truly that hungry or if she was just excited to try everything. She had a feeling that it was a bit of both.

She thought that Rune made good choices, leaving a mix of sweet and savory goods on her tray. Everything that she had picked looked quite delicious, and there was little doubt in Calypso’s mind that Rune was going to enjoy all this. Calypso has been to this bakery many times, and she couldn’t recall a time where she was disappointed by something.

“Hmm...well, if you truly want all that, I don’t mind getting it for you,” Calypso said, looking back at the other girl. The pastries were inexpensive, and she had money to spare. She didn’t spend her money often in the first place, and didn’t mind spending it here. “And if it’s too much for you, we could always share.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:15 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~ hungry, excited, conflicted

Another time. Rune told herself as she nodded, mentally filing the cakes away into a corner of her mind. At the other's words, Rune looked down, and her flush deepened slightly as she noted that the other had taken much less.

But she didn't tell her to put any back, offering to just get it instead. Her eyes wide, Rune looked at the tray once more, considering carefully before dipping her head down slightly. "I'd like that." She said, making a mental note to do something for the other in some way in the future, just to show her gratefulness. Calypso had done so much for her, and her duty certainly didn't require her to go as far as she did.

They paid before going outside, Calypso rejoining Valkor once more. Rune grabbed one of the pastries once they'd left-which happened to be the tart-, breaking the crust in half before popping the half in her mouth. The sauce was a syrup, the sweetness mixing with the tartness of the fruit as the crust crackled under her teeth. Rune's eyes widened, before holding the other half out to Calypso, excited. If the others proved to be as good, the bag would be empty by the time they got back.

She continued in a similar fashion as they moved, offering bites of everything to Calypso-and Valkor, if he showed interest, but Rune wasn't sure if he was able to taste it with how large his mouth was. In her dragon form, Valkor looked smaller and more suited for speed, but in her human form Rune found herself continually (re)realising exactly how large he was. No wonder dragons inspired so much awe.

The marketplace was starting to wind down for the day, with how the sun had already passed the highest point in the sky a few hours ago. Another hour or so, and it would be sunset.

Rune had never spent quite this long with Calypso, usually only really meeting the other for trainings, and Calypso didn't like prolonging trainings too much for fear of tiring her out. If she'd thought about spending the whole day with Calypso before, Rune would have been willing but a little nervous, probably feeling a little awkward. Calypso seemed like the serious sort, after all, and Rune wouldn't have been sure if she was to say something, or if the other would prefer silence.

However, the rescue and the flight had changed something. Even the part of her she recognised as the dragon was begrudgingly relaxed, which was a huge change from the way that part of her had panicked every time it'd been bound before. After all that, the dragon had accepted that though Calypso was able to bind her, change hard scales to sensitive skin, Calypso wouldn't take advantage of that to harm her.

And the human part of her had changed too. They'd flown in relative silence, and it hadn't been awkward, and Rune had felt herself ease into a more companionable state, not having to mind the other's company as much as she had to tiptoe around everyone else. If she was being honest, Rune liked it. Though it had only been a week, Rune felt like she hadn't had company for company's sake in forever.

So she cajoled Calypso and Valkor into exploring the quieter marketplace with her with sweet treats (admittedly, that the other had bought) and a small grin, occasionally distracted by the trinkets and conversation of the salespeople.

The people of the town didn't know that she was the dragon, and whilst they could see that Calypso was a dragon rider and as such treated her with a measured form of politeness, it wasn't the fear and wide berth that the church people gave her, and Rune soaked it up the way a cat lay in the sun. Other than with Calypso, it had been a long time since she'd been treated like a person. Of course, there was the occasional awkwardness when they spoke of the horned dragon they'd seen just moments prior, when they talked about it's size and wondered where it'd went-but she only had to smile and wait for the topic to shift before flowing along. She moved in a sort of excited zigzag, moving to display cases to look and marvel, before going back to Calypso, then walking to yet another store.

As they explored, Rune was also secretly scouring through the items, looking for anything that would match Calypso, to possibly get the other as thanks. But though the bracelets and jewellery were intricately crafted, some of the fabrics impossibly exotic, none of them seemed to fit, paling in comparison to Calypso's looks. Still, there was a greater variety than Rune could have expected, and she often talked to the salespeople to ask where something had come from or what it did between bites of pastries.

The shopkeepers were fairly obliging, but Rune quickly found that a few questions was going to be the limit if she didn't buy anything, so then she stopped veering left and right, drifting back to walk side by side with Calypso. There were only a few of the pastries left, and Rune took out the one that was heavily spiced this time, tearing off a piece and handing it to Calypso in an unspoken offer. "Do you come here often?"
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Content // Tags: Rune

Seeing that Rune wanted to keep what she had, Calypso went to pay for both of them. She then followed Rune outside, where Valkor was. The children that had been playing with him had just left, and Calypso could see them trailing after a woman that she assumed was their mother. That left the dragon on his own. A few passerby's looked at him curiously, but made no move to interact with him. With the girls’ return, Valkor stood up and eagerly greeted them.

Calypso took one of the meat buns that she had gotten for him and Valkor opened his mouth in anticipation. She tossed the bun into his mouth, his jaws shutting around it with an audible snap. The almost pleading look that he gave Caly afterwards reminded her of a puppy begging for more food. She supposed that that wasn’t too far off the mark. He was a young dragon, and at times acted more like a big dog with wings and scales than what one would expect from a dragon. She briefly wondered if he would grow out of it, or if he would continue to act in such a way even when he got older.

Calypso looked at Rune, amused at the delighted expression on her face as she tasted the strawberry tart. When the girl offered the other half of the tart to her, Caly’s eyes widened slightly in surprise. She knew that she brought up sharing earlier, but still hadn’t expected it. She took the rest of the tart from Rune and bit into it. The pastry was still pleasantly warm, the bread baked just right, and the filling deliciously sweet.

They continued on like this, walking through the streets, Caly taking Rune’s small offerings, and at one point also offering a bit of the croissant that she had purchased for herself. Rune also gave small pieces to Valkor, which the dragon happily took. Calypso wasn’t even sure if he was able to taste them considering how large his mouth was in comparison to the small bites. Perhaps he was doing it so he could feel included. At some point, Caly gave him the second bun, which he eagerly devoured.

To walk in the streets with Rune like this, not a worry in mind or a task to complete...it was strange to Caly, but in a good way. She couldn’t remember the last time that she casually walked the streets with someone, if she’s even ever done it at all. She’s either done this by herself or with Valkor. There’s been times where she’s gone through the city with other people, but they were usually out to complete some task for the Church.

The last time she could recall doing something like this with another person was when she was younger, going out into the city she was originally from with her parents before they changed. Was that truly the last time that she did something like this? It was strange to think about.

It wasn’t just the fact that they were walking around so casually like this that occupied her mind, but she was also pondering about Rune. Calypso was kind and polite towards everyone she met, unless they gave her a reason not to be. She kept up a serious attitude, sometimes unintentionally coming off as cold. Even with Rune she still kept up her more serious attitude, as it was just a part of who Calypso was, but even so, Calypso found herself feeling at ease around the girl.

She felt comfortable around her, like it would be okay to let loose just a little bit. She was tasked with training and watching over her, so of course she would care for the girl, but she felt more drawn to the girl than she ever would have anticipated.

Walking around the marketplace, they gained several curious looks. Calypso assumed that most of it was due to herself, and the dragon trailing behind her. It was clear she was a dragon rider, not only because of the actual dragon with her but the golden headdress that sat upon her head and the regal air about her signified some sort of importance.

Calypso was used to the looks, and it didn’t bother her. She gave a few smiles and hellos to some, but wasn’t paying much attention to the people around them. Her focus was on Rune.

It was quite cute to see how excited the other girl was now. It was different from the uncertain and quiet girl that she was when Calypso had first met her, and she was glad to see her becoming more comfortable. Rune went from store to store, fascinated by the variety of goods being sold.

When Rune offered her another piece of food, Calypso took it and popped it into her mouth. “I wouldn’t say that I come here often, but I do come here from time to time when I need to buy something. The Church keeps me busy with training and other duties, so I don’t often have time to come out here and look around.” She looked at Rune curiously, her earlier internal questions coming back to her. “So, what do you think of the city so far? Is it to your liking? I am more than happy to bring you back here another time if we get the chance.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~ Content, curious, reflective

Though the kids around Valkor were having fun, they'd dispersed after a bit, which Rune understood. Watching them before, she'd felt like she wasn't used to how comfortable these townspeople seemed to be with dragons, treating them like idols and heros instead of powerful beasts that could destroy a town with a breath. If she hadn't been changed as she was, Rune would probably have never thought of talking to a dragon as it was, let alone approaching it. Certainly, the adults of the town were a lot more careful, respectfully polite with both Valkor and Calypso, but she caught the same admiration in their eyes, the way they looked over Valkor as if he signified something big that hadn't come yet.

The dragon himself's eagerness was contagious, and Rune found herself returning his greetinggs with a genuine smile. If this was her first interaction with dragons instead of large shadows prowling in the dark, Rune could see how she might have learned to think differently. It was startling to think about, how even the location of her birth might have changed how she grew up, and what she felt to be true. He acted like an excited puppy, and Rune found herself remembering once more that he was a young dragon, despite his size, wings and claws.

The meat bun all but disappeared within a snap of his jaws, and Rune felt tempted to ask if he tasted it. But telepathy seemed like something she'd only really been able to access as a dragon (or perhaps, now that she thought about it, it might have been because of Calypso's binding. There was no reason why it would bind only the dragon and not her other magics, after all) and it wasn't important enough to ask about, so she left it alone.

Calypso seemed a little surprised at first when Rune had offered her pastries, but she soon seemed to grow used to it, handing Rune a piece of her croissant. It had a filling within, and Rune found herself pleasantly surprised when she popped it into her mouth and tasted strawberry.

The white haired seemed to almost be relaxing a little bit, and Rune felt a little happy and being able to get the other to enjoy herself a little more. She always seemed so focused, after all. She was certainly more used to all the adoration than Rune was, not seeming to notice all the admiration and stares.

She confirmed as much, talking about her duties and stuff, and Rune wondered if that was because of her personality, or because of how this town was. No matter how busy her day or how much foraging she needed to do, Rune always would take a little moment of the day to dip her fingers in a stream or sit under a tree. Of course, she hadn't been able to do that at the church, but the rooftop gazing at night was a decent enough substitute. To be so close to so many things, and yet to not be able to find time for yourself... Rune remembered the frustration on her busy days- when it was sunny, with birdsong filling the trees- but there was work to be done so she couldn't wander off for very long. Calypso seemed to be content enough as it was, but still-"Does that bother you?"

At Calypso's question, Rune looked around, thinking. "It's very big." She said, watching as people moved around, probably preparing for dinner, or the next day. "There are many things happening, and there's lots of things to look at, so it's really exciting." And she did mean all of that, but Rune would be lying if she said that her excitement at Calypso's next offer was only due to the allure of the city and not also about spending some more time with the other. She nodded, at the thought, excited but not wanting to burden the other. "If you and Valkor enjoy it too, I'd definitely want that." She hadn't even gone to the library yet, after all.

She'd not really known exactly how to process all the events that happened to her, still didn't, but flying had felt nice, and she'd always wanted to go visit other places. Even whilst living in her village, Rune had known that she'd either get married or die, perhaps even both, and had wondered if there was something more to life. In a way, the dragon gave her everything she thought she wanted, and whilst she'd been roped into it without knowledge or consideration, she supposed she was supposed to be thankful that she wasn't simply left to die.

But, she had been content with that. Her life had been simple, but she'd accepted her lot in life, and to say that it was small, saying that would discount all the happiness and connections she'd made then as well. As such, the fact that she did feel happy also brought a sense of doubt into her own heart. Did that mean it was okay for them to have done that before?

And what did ruminating on all of this do if she couldn't change her situation regardless? Rune shook her head. It was best to try and make the best of her situation, and then try to do what she could to somehow fit both sides of her now very contrasting life together.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Content // Tags: Rune

“It doesn’t. I’m used to it,” Calypso said in response to Rune’s question, and it was the truth. Her parents pushed her into a military regime at a young age, so having a lot of work and little free time was nothing new to her. Though she cared deeply for her parents, there was a brief period of time when she first began her training where she was greatly displeased with them. She didn’t ask to be thrust into this kind of training, but it didn’t bother her anymore.

In a way, she liked having so much to do. Being productive and getting important things done always left her feeling satisfied. She enjoyed helping others, whether it was aiding in training others for the Church or helping civilians. Her training and work with the Church helped keep the people of Innistrad safe, something that Calypso took very seriously.

There were times where she thought it would be nice to have a break and do something to relax, but relaxing was unfortunately not something she was good at. It wasn’t uncommon for her to finally have some free time, only for her to feel lost and be unsure of what to do with said time. She knew that it was important to take breaks, overworking herself wasn’t going to do anyone any good, but even knowing that she often found herself trying to just find more work to do.

She was glad to hear from Rune herself about how excitable this was all to her, and that she enjoyed their time in the city. Calypso imagined that navigating a large city such as this for the first time could be overwhelming for some people due to the near constant bustling activity all around them, but Rune appeared to be handling it just fine.

Not only had she been having fun exploring the city, but she did well in their flying lesson earlier today. She was determined and a quick-learner, Calypso was certain that Rune would continue to improve her flying skills. If flying continued to improve and she felt confident enough, perhaps they could go further one day, beyond the city, as long as the higher-ups in the Church approved of it. Though Calypso could seal away her powers, Rune had a lot of power, and so was important to the Church. She imagined that they were going to want to keep close tabs on her.

Though the possibility of Rune going beyond the city was uncertain, Calypso did make a mental note to make an effort to plan another little trip back to the city for Rune in the future. Her training was important, but so was breaks. She didn’t want Rune to be constantly stuck within the Church’s walls, not when she had the whole world to explore outside. To have to stay within the Church at all times would not be good for her morale. Even if she couldn’t go very far yet, there was plenty to still see and do within the city.

It would be good for Valkor as well, to go out more. As well-behaved and mature as he was for his age, it was still good for him to go out and experience different things and people in a relaxing setting as opposed to on a battlefield, where the only thing on his mind was ripping apart his enemies.

He had enjoyed this walk through the city as much as Calypso and Rune did. His posture was relaxed, his eyes bright as he curiously watched all the activity around them. He appeared to like the attention he received as well, sometimes puffing out his chest proudly if some passerby marveled at his looks.

“I’m glad to hear that. I’m not yet sure when we’ll have a chance to come back here, but I’ll plan for it. Is there anything else that you wish to see or do?” She looked up to the sky. The sun was slowly beginning to set, faint oranges and yellows mixing with the blue of the sky. Though stores around them were still open, she could see some places beginning to close shop for the day. And though people still walked past, there were less outside now compared to when they first came to the city. “The sun is beginning to set, so we shouldn’t stay out for too much longer.”

She couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed at the prospect of having to return soon. They were going to see each other again, they still had more training to do after all, but Calypso wouldn’t mind spending just a little more time with her here, right now. They had so much fun today, after all.

Plus, Calypso was still trying to figure out just what she was beginning to feel for this girl. The feeling that rose in her chest when she caught her hours before was something that Calypso had yet to figure out, and she wanted answers. Perhaps if she spent more time with her, she’d come to a realization.

As she thought of returning to the Church, she remembered the gaping hole in the wall that Rune had left in the place they had been training in. With everything that had happened after, she had completely forgotten about it. She just hoped that no one had noticed it yet, and made a note to deal with that problem when they returned.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:03 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~ Content, curious, reflective

Calypso's answer was simple but honest, and it was upon hearing it that Rune realised that her question might have been rude. Silently whispering thanks to whatever that had made Calypso had not taken it badly, she nodded, thinking about it. Would she be used to it if she spent some time here too? Also, did being used to it mean that it hadn't been like that before?

Even if it wasn't their usual activity, however, both Calypso and Valkor looked relaxed and at ease, Valkor even looking like he enjoyed the attention. Rune had treated the other with respect, like a senior in a new skill, and whilst that wasn't going to change she did think that perhaps she should be a little more open with the other dragon. He did seem to enjoy it, after all.

Calypso's words were also ones of hope, hinting at more excursions to come, and Rune couldn't stop a grin in response. "Getting to know this town would be fun." She agreed eagerly.

The other's next words made Rune think, however, looking up at the sky. The sunset was beautiful, a soft painting of gentle colours. Even though it was technically the signal for the end of the day, Rune couldn't find it in herself to be resentful. She dimly wondered how it'd feel to fly amongst those colours. Perhaps they could have a night flight one day, though that seemed like it might be a little harder, with the visibility and everything. "Yeah, I hear you."

But everyone seemed to be packing up, and whilst Rune knew that they would happily accomodate the dragon rider behind her, she had no real want to impose on anyone. Still, she didn't quite feel like going back. She knew she'd had to, but it almost seemed like they were existing in a space all to themselves for the moment, and she didn't quite want to see it end so soon. "Is there somewhere where we could just sit down and stare outside for a little while?"
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:15 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Calm // Tags: Rune

Calypso was a bit relieved to hear that Rune also didn’t want to go back quite yet. The more responsible side of her was telling her that they should go back, but she suppressed those thoughts. Though the sun was setting, they still had some time before dark. They’ve completed their training for the day hours ago, surely spending a bit more time outside the Church would be fine.

She looked around the marketplace silently, trying to think of a suitable place for them to go. “If I remember correctly, I believe there is a fountain not too far from where we are now,” she said, looking at Valkor for affirmation.

Valkor tilted his head slightly to the side. I think so?

Calypso looked down the street, in the direction where she remembered it being. If her memory was correct, the fountain wasn’t that far of a walk from where they were now. It would give them a place to sit, and as less people would be walking around the city at this time, it should be quiet there.

“Follow me. It should be this way...” Calypso said as she began to walk forwards, Valkor trailing behind her.

As they walked, the sky overhead continued to change as the sun slowly lowered. The blues in the sky were slowly fading away, soon being replaced by a mix of oranges and pinks. A small breeze blew past, swaying Calypso’s hair.

Calypso found out that she had remembered correctly. As she stepped into a small city square, she caught sight of the fountain she had been thinking of right in the center. The fountain was tall and white, with intricate engravings all around the base. At the very top of the fountain was a small statue of a knight astride a rearing horse.

There were a few people milling about the square, but it was relatively empty. The only sounds she could hear was the quiet chatter of the city folk around them and the rushing water from the fountain. She looked at Rune inquisitively. “We could sit here for a moment, if you like.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:13 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~ Curious, grateful, relaxed

Content to let Calypso lead the way, Rune hung back a little before walking just behind her. She let the constant rhythm soothe her, just letting her mind wander as she stared out into the distance.

It didn't feel like all that much time had passed, but the sky's colours were so vibrant that they were about to darken, like an overripe fruit that would turn dark if left alone for much longer. There was a quaint, small breeze and the fountain's sounds sounded like a strange combination between a river brook and a light rain. The making was intricate too, clearly sculpted by a detailed hand, and Rune looked at it, her eyes wide. They certainly made the knight on top look noble, brave and honoured. Was that an expectation of what dragon riders were also meant to be?

Calypso's words broke Rune out her thoughts, and Rune nodded. It was a quaint place, and somewhere where they wouldn't really get in anyone's way. "Yeah, it looks great." Moving over to the fountain, she sat on the rim, gesturing to the space beside her before she crossed her legs.

That done, she leaned back a little, dropping one of her hands behind her to dip it in the water, watching the skies darken slowly. A week, huh? She turned toward Calypso for a moment, observing the way the other's hair swayed gently in the wind, the armour, the crown. For a second, she wondered how much weight rested on her shoulders, and she felt a surge of gratitude.

"Thanks." She said softly, looking at Valkor as well before looking down, not really sure what to say. "When I first woke here, I- I didn't really know what was going on or where. Once I knew I wasn't going to get shot or something for sneaking around, I went up to the roof to look at the lights of the town. It felt... grounding, in a way. Knowing that maybe I was in a new place, but there were people here, going about their lives."

Awkwardly, she used her dry hand to ruffle her hair in thought. "I guess a part of me was worried, in a way. I knew it was impossible, but some part of me always wondered if I had been transported into the middle of nowhere." A place so different from hers, with multiple people in white robes, and Calypso herself, who was nothing but kind but also not really anything like her. "It's stupid, but a part of me kept believing that, I think. Getting to know you and exploring the town today, that was nice. Everything's different here, but everyone's still trying all the same, and I'm trying too. So I guess that's okay?"

She was definitely rambling. Rune let out a soft laugh, embarrassed. "Basically, I just wanted to say thanks. All of this... means a lot to me." She gestured vaguely about her, before looking away. "But enough about me, tell me about yourself? We've been seeing each other for a week, but I don't really know anything about you."
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me