Descendants of the Light- Fantasy RP with Ravenshadow17

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Descendants of the Light- Fantasy RP with Ravenshadow17

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm

“Eh, the usual.” Brim replied. ”Then again, Cril do trend toward the weirder side of the dream spectrum. Nothing super weird, though.”

The two were greeted by the butler from the other day, who ushered them in hastily through the gate, and along the winding paths of the manor grounds. As they approached the dock, they spotted Urien alongside a small, yet sturdy-looking vessel. Spotting the approaching entourage, he gave a cheery wave.

“Greetings, my fine friends!” Urien exclaimed as the group drew closer I hope that your night was restful?” Before either Brim or Alavara could reply to his question, he hastily continued on with his monologue.

“Again, thank you dearly for your assistance in this endeavor. I must admit, I do envy the two of you at the moment, setting off on a grand adventure. I’ll spare you my ramblings, however, as there is a journey to be had! This boat you see before you is the fine vessel Lady with Swords in a Lake. She’s quite durable, and a speedster at her best. Magic-powered as well, so no worrying about winds or sails.”

The boat was indeed quite impressive, particularly to Brim, whose encounters with boats were next to none. The vessel looked to be able to fit their group comfortably, and then some. They did have to question, however, the seemingly random adornments of swords scattered along the hull and cabin of the vessel. They supposed it made the name ever more fitting, though.

“I dare not keep you for too long,” Urien began again, “Although I must mention one final thing. I have installed a transport box in the cabin of The Lady. Once you retrieve the artifact, it is imperative that you place it in the box.”

“Why?” Brim inquired. “What’s it need a box for?”

“Well, you see, magical artifacts tend to interact . . . strangely around each other, to say the least. Particularly the more powerful ones, as I have unfortunately learned from experience. The box is design to aid in the neutralization of any radiating magical forces before introducing it to my collection. Now, no more dawdling! Let us . . . or you, I should say be off!”

The two boarded the boat, and settled in for the trip across the lake, which would probably take the better part of the morning. Seeing as the boat was remotely powered, the only thing the two would have to worry about was the speed of the boat, as well as its direction. Alavara took her preferred place at the helm, with Brim having reign over the ship’s propulsion. Using their innate ability to sense magic, Brim was able to monitor and manipulate the system with ease, if needed.

The group set off, the silhouette of the distant fort staring at them through the fog. Looking back, the two watched as Roselake, the manor, and even Urien himself disappeared behind the morning mist of the lake.
Self-Taught Artist and Amateur Writer

My DA http://pifiartist.deviantart.com/

Check out my ongoing role play with Ravenshadow17! http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3327583
PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:46 am

Alavara kept her eyes on the horizon as they sailed. The sun was just beginning to rise and the light reflecting off the ocean was breathtaking. Setting their course, she eased into the familiarities of sailing. She had spent a lot of time on boats in her travels, and by now she found the act relaxing. She was about to ask her companion how the ship was holding, wondering if there were any fine tunings she needed to do. However, there was a sudden crash as lightning burst from clouds that appeared from nowhere. The sky darkened in an instant and rain poured down.

"Hold on!" Alavara warned as she attempted to navigate the boat through the suddenly treacherous waters. A glimmer in the water caught her eye. Spikes, or thorns of some kind jutted out of the water in front of the boat, stopping its movement. Scowling, Alavara put it in reverse, and quickly maneuvering around. As soon as they were clear of the obstacle the storm stopped. The wind calmed, and the sea gentled. Stumped, Alavara glanced up as rose petals suddenly floated down to the water from nowhere. Turning the ocean red. Unnerved, Alavara sailed them past the petals, and back on course.
"What on earth was that?" She questioned afterward. "I've never seen anything like that. Did you sense anything?" She asked Brim.
If you ever need to talk in these crazy times, don’t hesitate to PM me.
I am 18+ just FYI (and if you ever need advice)
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse
Check out my ongoing fantasy RP with PhoenixaSpark

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 am

“What kind of boat driving was THAT?” Brim yelled from the other side of the cabin. They had been immersed in the engine, and had been thrown across the cabin after hearing Alavara’s warning too late. Regaining their senses, Brim began to notice the thick stench of roses that had begun to fill the air. Turning to look in front of the boat, the pair noticed a rocky fortress begin to reveal itself from the fog, towering above the group and nearly blocking out the little sky that could be seen through the fog. They had arrived.

As they drew closer, Brim spotted a weathered dock protruding from the shoreline.

“Head for that pier over there.” Brim told Alavara.

Check out my ongoing role play with Ravenshadow17! http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3327583
PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:21 am

Alavara had to restrain her annoyance. Her driving was excellent thank you very much. She had safely gotten the ship through that treacherous spell. And it was a spell. After all there was no natural phenomena that could have caused it. So that left magic. And powerful magic at that. To manipulate the weather and manifest spikes and roses, and from a distance that ensured their presence was not sensed, that took some serious magic. This quest was shaping up to be more dangerous than Alavara had expected. She turned the ship towards the dock with a sigh.
"Be wary Brim. This mission is more than it seemed originally." She warned.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2775820#p89808265]Image[/url]ImageImage
Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:03 am

“Well, what did you think you signed up for? Some easy-peasy cave walk?” Brim jested, although they too began to feel a foreboding aura emanating from the island. Whatever they were sent to look for seemed to be protected by a form of magic that was quite potent.

As the boat drew to a stop at the dock, the fog seemed to part, and the full expanse of the fort grounds was revealed to them. The structure itself, although weathered with age, was held together by a weaving mat of thorny vines. Once-neat rose bushes had spilled out of their flower beds and across the sprawling lawns of the fort.

Gathering their supplies, Brim hopped off the boat, a sturdy coil of rope trailing after them. After testing the strength of a nearby post, they secured the boat to the dock.

“Ready to head in?” Brim called out to Alavara.

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:41 am

Alavara scoffed. "I merely meant that in a typical guest where I put my life on the line, there is not what appears to be abnormal and dangerous magic awaiting me. This is not a typical quest." She quickly grabbed her things in annoyance, and jumped onto shore. Frowning she looked down. The ground appeared normal, but the magic radiating from deep within, definetly not. Lifting her foot, she noticed small thorns appear out of the ground, only to shrink back as she took another step. Acting quickly, she moved to the path, where the thorns appeared to not follow.

Onyx growled nervously before following her, taking car to match his steps with hers. He too was unnerved by the magic on the island. Giving him an encouraging pat on the head, Alavara walked over to Brim, and walked past them down the path. "Stay on the path." She stated icily as she made her way towards the building.

Soon they came to a gate. It was too tall to jump, and too dangerous to climb. It was covered in roses and thorns that had secreted an odd glowing liquid. Frowning, Alavara searched for another way.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:15 am

Brim looked at the tall gate that blocked their path. Sure, it looked kinda weird and goopy in places, but they could see it was thoroughly rusted underneath the thorny vines. Seeing no other obvious way in, Brim resorted to their tried-and-true problem solving: If you can’t go around it, go through it.

Conjuring a fistful of magical energy, Brim took a couple steps back, readying themself, then charged at the gate, fist-first. With a warlike yell, they collided with the gate, blasting it off its hinges and into the courtyard beyond, where they landed with a loud clang. Brim, satisfied with the results, dusted off their hands and strolled into the fort grounds.

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am

Alavara had to resist the urge to face palm. Onyx snickered in amusement and she sighed. "Well that works." She mumbled and followed Brim in. She eyed her companion warily. She was slightly worried about the odd glowing thorns, and wanted to make sure that there were no side effects of it that would harm Brim. But as she saw her companion merrily make their way down the path she smirked. The Cril appeared just fine. Well I'm not underestimating the dexterity of a Cril again. She chuckled and continued down the path.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PhoenixaSpark » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:31 pm

As Brim entered the courtyard, they felt their fur begin to bristle as they were met by a sense of unease that could only be magical in origin. Although they were not particularly adept at sensing magic outside of their own self, the presence was undeniable, even to those without magic.

The path before them was narrow; a mere sliver of its former girth, but still a sufficient amount of space that the two could pass with relative ease. Brim noticed that, as they looked further down the path, the air seemed to grow darker, as if the vines were preventing the late morning sunlight from permeating their canopy. Before moving further in, Brim reached into their bag and pulled out an oval-shaped stone. Willing some of their magic into it, the stone began to glow, and illuminated the path ahead. Using their new source of light, they turned to check on their companion.

PhoenixaSpark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:37 am

Alavara nudged Onyx. He dropped back behind them. With his excellent night vision he was the prime candidate to watch their backs. Between him and the light provided by Brim's stone, the companions should be able to see any potential threats clearly. As the path narrowed even further, the companions began to walk single file. Suddenly Onyx froze and looked up. Alavara followed his line of sight just in time to see a flicker of a shadow on a ridge above them. When she blinked it was gone. Placing her hand on Brim's shoulder she got her companions attention. "We're being tailed. I'm not sure by what though." She whispered.
BLM

My viscets
My Characters
My toyhouse

Ravenshadow17's pet.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me