Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite On

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:00 am

Laxius
With Tisane.
Mood: Tired and weak. but happy.
He is... crushing on Tisane. <3

A pang of frustration runs through me, when I hear Tisane speak. You can't change the past. How many others have said that? You can't change the past, build a bridge and get over it. But it isn't as easy as that. I try not to listen, but I know Tisane doesn't mean it in a narky, arrogant way. It's the next words that catch me by suprise. Why linger... doesn't do me any good to fume about it daily... it wastes energy and makes me distracted... She's right. I have to let the past go, and think about the present, the future, Tisane. A warm glow blows through my body. Why should I try to stamp down my feelings? I should be proud to be with such a beautiful and intelligent girl. Which I am.

I look down and notice Tisane's speaking again. But the words seem different. It's like she's almost struggling to say them, but I know it's what she feels. Somehow. I wait patiently and politely, hearing the words. I pause for a few minutes to digest the information, when...

Wait. What did she just say?

It's like something's exploded inside. Warmth runs through my body, and it's all I can to to stop from yelling out loud. A soft smile makes it's way to my lips, and I close my eyes, my muzzle somehow finding it's way to Tisane's, and gently, every so gently, brushing against it. I open my eyes, and look at Tisane. Somehow, everything seems even more real - the faint smell of Tisane's coat, her deep amethyst eyes, her coffee-coloured coat.

"I want to be with you, too, Tisane." I murmur, and smile again. There. I said it. No poetry or anything, just repeating what Tisane said. But then again, say anything in a soft, low voice and it can sound pretty good.

But not even those words can ruin this moment, right here, right now.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~
Lithions + Ophyals for sale
quit CS, contact me on dA

Signature art by LostGosling

CharactersAdopted Critters
OphyalsCepheus HoundsCretoz Unicorns

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliej1995 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:45 am

|*/\*|Famous|*/\*|

Famous chuckled as her son ran after Livius. "How have you been?" She started to walk after the boys. "I've been good. I'm worried about the others though. They have been gone for an awful long time." For some reason she couldn't shake the feeling that their once big herd was going to end up being split or never finding each other again. Their mountain range wasn't that big but they be going in opposite directions. Famous couldn't stop the thoughts from rolling through her head. She hadn't been apart of the herd long and the large group calmed her. She didn't want to end up alone again. Dolce and Livius were good company but she needed more then just them.
herd art by pedunkle^^ImageImageImage Are you a Sonographer?!
elliej1995

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 am

(( Sorry, all - I got very sick and was definitely down and out for a day or two. The flu is terrible. :( ))

:: Livius ::

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw the two colts fall into place behind him and grinned. He started with a high-stepping prance, flicking his hooves to give himself extra air with each beat. His tail swished left and right in time with the exaggerated trot. Grasshoppers flew up from the field grass with his passing and he snapped out at them playfully, both ears laid back. They buzzed away, clattering off into another patch to continue their simple lives. His violet eyes shifted to the mothers, Dolce and Famous, and he was pleased to see them conversing. Good! Very good. I know Famous is quiet at times. Maybe Dolce can make her feel more comfortable. It's like we're our own little herd! ...herd. I wonder how the others are doing...? There was a noticeable falter in his prance at this thought. It stirred up conflicting feelings within him. He was no longer sure that he could stomach the idea of the lead stallion coming back and taking over once more. It made his stomach roil.

:: Tisane ::

When Tisane heard the smooth and low reply to the bravest statement that she had made in her life yet, everything stilled. She watched him close his eyes, those dark lashes closing over the ruddy irises, and she felt his muzzle against hers, that warm touch of living velvet against her nostrils. She could see each delicate hair on the soft skin. When she met his eyes again, an electric thrill rushed down her spine and turned her knees to jelly. There was a fathomless feel to his gaze, as if he were drawing her in bit by bit - and though she wanted to resist, it was too easy to continue that delightful slide down into the puddle of feelings. Her heart flip-flopped once or twice before settling into a rushed rhythm as she finally acknowledged the situation to the fullest extent.
"Well, then..." she murmured, pressing her face against his cheekbone and inhaling the spring air around them with half-lidded eyes. "What do we do now, since we're stuck with each other?" There was a gentle teasing lilt to her voice. She didn't mind being stuck with Laxius. Not at all. He was so kind and protective and handsome and -- Easy there, spring filly. Easy.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 am

Laxius
With Tisane.
Mood: Happy and content.

A soft, gentle smile comes to my mouth, with changes into a happy grin. "We keep on sticking." I reply, and I gently bump my muzzle against hers in a light, friendly way. "What if we stay in this valley for a while? Unless you want to find other equids, meet a herd. Because it's a pretty good place, down here." I say, smiling. Personally, I don't care what we do, as long as it doesn't involve more bob cats and other predators, or being stranded in the middle of some barren landscape during some particularly harsh winter. Apart from that, I'm cool. But even if Tisane and I do stay in the valley, after a while it's likely that we'll eventually leave and search for new equids, maybe even a herd. Equids are, after all, herd animals, and two doesn't quite cut it for such a large group.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:59 am

(( Just thinking out loud, Ral - if they go to find a herd, who do they run into...? This RP, as much as I adore it, is rather quiet some days. ))

:: Tisane ::

Tisane closed her eyes in a pleased response to his gentle nuzzling caresses before glancing about her again. With all of the tension from the bobcat attack finally ebbing away, she could now take in her surroundings. Staying here a while wouldn't bother me... she thought as the birdsong began to filter back into the clear late-morning air. The sun was warming the ground around them and now that her ankles had become comfortable in the running river water, she realized that by the time it reached this flatland within the forest, the glacial bite had melted out. When a little blue butterfly whisked past her ear, she giggled and shook it away gently.
"I was hoping that another group of Equids would live in this valley, personally. It's so full of life. What if..." Her voice faded out as her mind whirled. I like us, but...he's right. It's not safe with just us. "What if we traveled further into the valley and if...if within a day or two, we don't find anyone else..." The dark-bay mare certainly didn't want to leave the valley unless absolutely necessary. It was so lush here. She didn't want to voice the other option. It felt like saying it aloud made it all too real. Traveling...again...ugh.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 pm

{Hmm... I really don't know. I'll have to think about that one... >.> }

Laxius
With Tisane.
Mood: Happy and content.

I smile, and look at Tisane. "Sounds good to me." I say, my brain ticking. Something hits me, and I mentally kick myself for not thinking before. But Tisane doesn't want to leave the valley, and neither do I. I look into her deep amethyst eyes, and speak again. "But of course, we won't worry about leaving the valley until it comes to it. Who knows what will happen before then..." I grin mischeviously, and gently nibble at Tisane's mane, near the base of her neck, in a teasing way. Thinking and planning of the future can make me flustered and frustrated at times, so the best thing I can do is take it as it comes and pull my mind off thinking about what could happen, what may happen in the days, hours or even minutes to come, when things get tight and stressful.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 am

{{ Please hate me for not posting. It would be better than forgiving me </3 But I'm back now, at least? }}

Kae'ouit
      The stallion that stared back at Kae in the water was proud and dark, eyes shadowed in the threat of danger and things left untouched, things forced out of the way. A dark anger kindled in them, an anger deep, so deep, too deep, an anger that was more than he could ever bear for anything good living creature but himself. The stallion’s eyes were filled with guilt. He heard Kataya’s ragged breathing behind him, and suddenly his guilt rose up to choke him, a tightening noose thickening around him neck, and for a split second Kae’ouit struggled for breath. His reflection disappeared in a murmuring of ripples as he turned suddenly, and left its side. Kataya was slumped on the ground, her back to him, what used to be a bright and fiery coat now dulled. From the water, he told himself. Her shoulders trembled. From the cold, he told himself. But he knew the truth. She was crying. Something in Kae’ouit softened while the other hardened. It wasn’t her fault. She didn’t know what she was getting into. It had always been his, and it always would be. He was a thief of all things happy; it was simply the truth. If he couldn’t even keep one mare happy, then maybe it wasn’t such a surprise that he couldn’t even keep his own herd safe. “Don’t cry, Kataya,” he murmured awkwardly, voice soft and hesitant. Doubt riddled his features. His voice was quiet and peaked at the end of her name, like a question. He had no idea what to say, but his heart yearned for the end of her unhappiness. He hated to see a mare upset, let alone it being his fault. But Kae was out of his comfort zone and he didn’t quite know how to react.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:14 pm

{Nellas, I forgive you. Hehehe... }

Kataya
With Kae'ouit
Mood: She doesn't know her self, so how could I know?
She is crushing on no-one

I sniffle a bit, and rub my head on my legs. My breath slows, and the sobbing slowly vanishes. Then my heart grows strangely cold.

"Kae'ouit..." I start to say, slowly. OK, it's time for me to be mean. Cruel. Heartless. Because I can't go around blubbing. And I can't let Kae reject those who try to help him, and shy from the past and his hurts. I take a deep breath and continue. "You're coming with me. To find them again. Your family, your herd. You can't keep running away like it never happened, hide behind a glass wall and trying to kill your memories. Yes, it will hurt. Of course it will." I narrow my eyes, and turn my head around to face me, and a strange smile forms on my lips. Cold, mischevious, loving and knowing all at the same time. "But you're gonna have to toughen up, deal with it. It's better to go over a lot of pain now than have it all stretched over the years to come." I take a deep breath, and slowly get up, shaking my body, warming myself.

"Really, why am I crying for you, Kae?" I whisper, more to myself than him. "You brought it upon yourself. But I'm gonna help you get yourself out of this mess that you're in."

{ "Heroic-savetheday-I'mcomingtosaveyoubuddy mode" activated. It won't last for long, though. >:D }
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒

~☆~'~☆~

~☆~'~☆~

Ralonica Thorondor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 am

Kae'ouit
      Kae’ouit was frozen in place. One moment she was upset, the next this strange, mare, he didn’t even have a word for the kind of equid she seemed like in that moment. There just weren’t words for it. But he was struck dumb for once in his life; her words hung shimmering in his gaze, driving tiny daggers into his heart. You can’t keep running away. Hide behind a glass wall. Kill your memories. A chill shivered down his spine; it was all so surreal, like it wasn’t even happening. But the slow, ticking pace that had driven his life was warming up, beating faster and faster, the beat of his heart, the quickening of life and time. I’m coming with you. Toughen up. You brought it upon yourself. Her words ran through his mind like a mantra, stunning him, confusing him. Kae had no idea what to think. He was hurt- of course he was. He had never been a stallion to expect that kind of talk directed at him, of all people. But... what she was saying, made sense. He could see that now. He was weak; he always had been. But he had a feeling that with Kataya by his side, his limits would be tested in new and different ways. It would be interesting.

Something fiery kindled in his heart; the love for adventure, a love he’d always nurtured, the part of him that had always been used to life on the road and an unknown shelter, dodging predators here and scraping by with hardly a drop of water at times from one day to the next. Yet something else weighed it down, a prickling apprehension that prickled along his spine. Forcefully he blocked the memories out; if anything, Kataya’s words drove him to set the gloom aside if for a moment; but they lingered still.

Doubt.

Not something he’d ever experienced until the day he lost those he cared about the most. It seemed like every day he learned something new about himself. He was very much becoming a different stallion than he’d been. But the loss of his herd had changed him the most; he had thought he’d been the wiser for it, but it appeared not. It was a blow. But if there was anything he learned, it was to just deal with it.
      “I don’t think we’ll find them, Kat,” he told her finally, after a substantial pause, trying to stop his ears flickering uncertainly. The circumstances of their loss... No. He couldn't dwell on that. “But we can try.” It was Kae’ouit’s way of admitting allowance. He just had to believe they could do this together, come what may.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ralonica Thorondor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am

Kataya
With Kae'ouit
Mood: She doesn't know her self, so how could I know?
She is crushing on no-one

I smile at Kae, and take a few steps towards him. I look up at the stallion, and a gentle whicker slips out of my nose. "Good that we've got that sorted, then. But we can't start now." I take a deep breath. "It's too late, we'll have to leave tomorrow morning." I bump my nose playfully and slightly roughly against Kae's, and grin. I hope he doesn't change his mind before then. "So let's find a place to stay the night. Then we can begin our quest tomorrow." I wrap my tail around one of my back legs, and look into Kae's eyes. A mischevious grin works it's way into my face, but I don't know where it's from.
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒
█ ▒