Poise and Rationality || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Baelixx » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:32 pm

The dragoness can't help but exhale an amused smoky breath of air at his surprised expression; from the way his teeth pulled at his bottom lip to his charmingly messy hair. His thanks has her thoughts retracing the short time they have spent together and the solidifying realization that he isn't used to the gentleness she is so accustomed to. His world of noxious green and toxic purple had only showed him the harsh cruelty of his father's despise. It pangs her heart to think about, and she mentally swears to herself that she will help him experience the life she has known and enjoyed thus far; one of not only comfort, but of peace.

"You don't need to thank me, Rith. But you're welcome." She listens before shaking her head at what she believes to be his joking suggestion. "Oh no, that'd be a waste of a perfectly good horse." she chuckles. "The herds typically graze in the northeastern meadows this time of year." She was rather confident in his ability to hunt, and believed he would have no issue finding the sustenance he required. She hums, pleased to hear he agrees they are quite the pair. In all honesty, it eases a bit of her anxieties to know that he likes her; even if only as a friend. "Oh good, I'm glad you agree." She listens, and at mention of the family night and Dean, she nods thoughtfully. "It will be fun to spend time all together, the four of us. I look forward to it. And as for Dean, I'm really glad to hear it. I'm sure my mother is already planning on getting a few things to accommodate him." Aella had seen her mother around young children, and she could only imagine the Queen would be absolutely smitten with little Dean.

Her heads tilts and she pauses for but a moment to contemplate his words. "I do not fear you, no." is said at last. "I am in awe of your abilities and at how powerful you are; but knowing you and your intentions, I have no fear towards you." Aella smiles warmly, searching his gaze for a moment. She can feel a warming in her heart that has been long distant; and it is a welcome one. "I'm grateful for you too, Rith."

---

Her steps echo as she makes her way down the corridor and to the family room. She is feeling rather giddy with excitement; curious to see what the night would entail. Before long, she arrives and pokes her head in, spotting her betrothed. He was already busying himself by preparing something, something that smelled quite lovely. Smiling, Aella walks over to be near him and the fire. Tilting her head, she watches the flames lick at the pot, dancing and shifting. "What are you making?" is asked, and she leans a bit closer to take a peer at the contents of the pot. "it smells divine."
┏⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ┓
⭐️ѕane ιѕ тнe ιnѕanιтy мoѕт call
⭐️norмalιтy pυт ғorтн вy ѕocιeтy
⭐️yoυ woυld тнιnĸ wιтн all тнe genιυѕ
⭐️ and тнe вrιllιance oғ тнeѕe тιмeѕ,
⭐️we мιgнт ғιnd a нιgнer pυrpoѕe
⭐️and a вeттer υѕe oғ мιnd.
⭐️ѕoмe people never coмe clean,
⭐️ι тнιnĸ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean.
⭐️yoυ're walĸιng a wιre вeтween
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ looĸιng ғor love ιn-вeтween.
⭐️ ι υnderѕтand aвoυт ιndecιѕιon,
⭐️вυт ι don'т care ιғ ι geт вeнιnd.
⭐️ people lιvιng ιn coмpeтιтιon,
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:08 pm

"It's called Laperi." Is pronounced, eyeing the mixture he's creating and carefully measuring a few more shavings of a spice into it. That same spice melts into the liquid - distinctively smelling of coffee and chocolate, though not overly sweet. He stirs the concoction carefully; "I've made this one without milk, as you stated you have an allergy. " Rith pulls the steaming brew from the fire and pours it into tiny rainbow hued glass cups to cool slightly.

--> flashback -->

Elizabetta, whats this? 'Just Laperi;Mama said its too cold!' Brown eyes stare up at the cloak clad man, a smile makes his lips twitch, 'go inside. Little girls get gobbled up by monsters.' He takes the earthenware mug with a fondness in his eyes. 'Laperi. Hm. Tell Twila that ill be back tomorrow. ' and hed left, mug in hand.

--> end flashback -->

He pulls himself from the memory with a sharp inhale,, knowing that to continue would make him remember other - less light hearted - memories.

There's a small pot of whipped cream to one side, and a platter of finger sandwiches, a pan of warm soup, dried fruit and nuts and a few other treats from his homeland.

"I have something for you Aella." Is whispered, cheeks a light pink shade, he pulls from his satchel what appears to be a spray of wildflowers- only they are sticks of jewel like candy, with a thin sheet of paper wrapped around them - purples, reds, blues, greens and oranges, yellow and pink and even a few clear ones. "I've been assured they are edible." He holds out the bouquet shyly - listening as snow muffles the sounds outside.
A whiff of smoke touches his nose and he turns back to his task - stirring corn he's attempting (and failing) to pop. Coughing he heads for the nearest window and tosses the contents into the courtyard. "Not much of a cook." Is excused, "at least not with dishes."

The prince is embarrassed and falls quiet as he hears the door begin to open. It's not her parents, it's the physician - Madge. She strides over with what appears to be a bottle in hand. "King said this may help." She says as she places it in his hands - the container is slightly warmer than his hands. "Eat up boy." The older woman, dressed in a dark brown skirt and a blue shirt with long sleeves rolled up to her elbows - her graying hair in a bun, whisps brushed impatiently back - taps her foot at him. "If it works it'll be supplied when you ask."

His face floods bright red; "t-thank you!" is stammered before carefully uncorking the container. Immediately raw desire, hunger, floods his eyes. His stomach pinches painfully, though he'd eaten a very hearty meal. Some sort of porcine creature...

This is a different kind of hunger.

Cork is deposited on his lap, uncaring; and he glances at his fiance, worried. But... she SAID he isn't a monster. Not to her. This wouldn't change anything.... right? His adams apple bobs when he swallows his saliva and worries. Rith tips the jug back and drinks; he drinks until the container is empty and he feels full. Almost too full. Then, he passes it back - lid and all - to the waiting healer. He's swimming up from his sudden sleepiness, like wading through sludge, led strapped to your legs. The prince is aware enough to note that the older woman nods to herself, gives the order that he should tell her the effects in the morning, and that she leaves. Again does he turn back to the fire, too self conscious to meet Aellas' gaze..

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:00 pm

Eyes of blue and gold light watch his work, lighting up at his consideration. "You remembered." She muttered, almost not realizing she was speaking out loud as she was caught by surprise. She should have known he would have remembered; especially as he had so considerately asked about her allergies. And besides, he was kind and thoughtful like that. Her lips are pulled into a soft smile as she watches him pour the brew into the beautiful glasses. The rainbow hue is one she is fond of.

Blinking, her gaze flickers back to her betrothed and her cheeks and nose color in a shade of pink. "A gift?" Is said and she watches the prince pull out the intricate candy flowers. Eyes widening, she carefully accepts the bouquet, looking at the different colors and delicate petals. "They are so beautiful. Thank you Rith." She beams, wanting to embrace him but unsure if that would be a welcome gesture. And before she can decide, he is turning to the source of smoke over the fireplace. At his motions and comment, she can't help but chuckle. "That's okay. You can't be good at everything- that would just be suspicious." Her words are warm and hold a tone of gentle teasing.

Her attention is captured by Madge as she enters the room, and the princess is watching the exchange curiously. Her chest surges with gratitude as she recognizes what the healer has done for her betrothed, and Aella exchanges a thankful look with the older woman. "Oh I sure hope it works." is said and she turns her attention back to him, watching as he drinks. If the drink Madge had prepared could help keep him satisfied and refreshed, then Aella would feel a lot better about things. The idea of Rith going without made her uncomfortable, especially when she considered how famished he must have felt after what had happened in the training grounds.
. "
"Thank you, Madge." is said as the older woman leaves, and then her eyes are on Rith again. He seemed quiet, and possibly uncomfortable..? "How do you feel?" she asks curiously, hopefully, but not wanting to pry if he wished to not discuss it. Her hand gently touches his arm, as though asking for his attention but not demanding it. "If it doesn't work then we will just have to try something else. I don't want you to starve or anything..." Aella pauses, unsure if that is how things would work or not, and she is second guessing herself. "...well, I mean, I just want you to be comfortable and well cared for."
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:16 am

His green eyes are squeezed shut in concentration, he exhales slowly, "it.. doesn't feel... bad." He says at last, voice low as he tries to not convey the weirdness he's feeling. "Just.. different. I... havent... had this form of sustainance before. " He licks his lips. Is there blood on them?

Peeking at the princess he doesn't see the disgust he fears. "I should know more in the morning. I'm sorry. "

Then she's teasing him, "I only ever learned to cook whilst in the field, fighting. " Is explained uncertainly. "My father kept up with what I'd do or not if I was in his keep. And the kitchen was one place, is one place, I'm not to go." The prince states, "so mostly finger foods, unless it's on an open fire." His eyes finally find hers, searching for something he doesn't find. She likes the candy flowers?

She must because she's glowing in his direction. "I'm glad you like them. I saw you looking at them in the shop." But what would he get her for the holiday he hears is coming in the next few days? "Aella? Is there... an event I'm to attend?"

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 am

"Well... not feeling bad is a start I suppose." She says, wishing he could feel great but knowing she can't expect perfection from everything so quickly. This was experimental, but hopefully would lead to helping Rith out significantly. At his apology, the princess raises a brow and shakes her head in response. "You do not need to apologize just because you do not know. You just need time to observe how you feel is all." A wry smile is offered, hoping he would not take offense at her words.

Aella's head inclines curiously to the left as she listens to his explanation, imagining him in the middle of nowhere and cooking a simple supper over a campfire. It was a bit difficult to imagine how he must have felt being sent in the field to fight so often; especially when she compared his life with her own. Of course, she had fought in battles before; but they weren't exactly the most common occurrences. The more she learned about the way King Magor had treated Rith, the more her stomach tied in knots. The princess couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of hating her own blood in such a way

"I see. To be honest with you, I'm not much of a cook myself. I can make a pretty mean roast chicken though- ah, that is if you like things extra crispy." She hums in contentment, continuing to watch his actions.

Her eyes light up a bit brighter as she realizes he had been taking note of her in the shop, and warmth floods her chest with the idea that he had noticed and was so thoughtful. "Thank you, Rith. That was very sweet of you to notice." At his question, her eyes widen with realization. Where had the time gone? "Oh how could I forget...!" Aella presses her palm to her cheek and shakes her head. "Silly me. Emberweiss is in two days time... it's our celebration of The Longest Night of the year. There will be singing, dancing, a big feast, and a fire show. I'm so sorry I haven't told you sooner." she offers an apologetic smile. "Do you have any questions?"
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:44 pm

Rith runs his hand through his hair: the action does nothing for his appearance besides make his hair more unruly. "I wouldn't mind trying your chicken, crispy or not. " Is teased with glimmering eyes. The prince smiles to himself and carefully removes his pan from the fire - it wouldn't do for it to burn.

"This festival, Emberweiss," he sounds out, "what else does it entail?"

(Sorry! W.b. I'm sick)

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:48 pm

His teasing makes her blush, if only slightly, and her smile widens. "Careful, I'll hold you to that." She hums in reply

"Ah.. let's see... where do I begin..." An entire holiday is a lot to explain, and her mind is reeling with all of her many memories of the winter celebration. "Well, the day usually begins a nice warm late brunch with loved ones. Because it is the shortest day of the year, it is traditional to spend it with those you care for most- especially because life can be so fleeting and unforgiving with the unexpected. There are many games, dances, and singing through the afternoon, as well as many different kinds of shops and vendors to peruse. Then there is a large evening feast. As the sun begins to set, a quietness will cover the valley, and we sing together The Song of the Sun. As twilight turns to dusk, the fire show begins. Individually, we light candles or lanterns one by one, and the entire valley fills with light. It is symbolic of the light that resonates within each one of us." She pauses a moment, gaze turning to watch the flickering flames that fill the fireplace.

"Throughout the day it is common to contemplate on two different subjects. The first is what you wish to let go of from the past year; whether it be grudges, bad habits, guilt... the like. The second is what your aspirations and intentions are for the coming year; your dreams. For those things you wish to let go of, you write it down and burn it. Whether in the bonfires after the fire show, or privately. Most people also choose to burn their intentions to, as though sealing their wishes with fire. But I prefer to write it on my lantern and send it up to the heavens... like a prayer to the sun."

She smiles at that, shrugging just a bit as she contemplates just what it is she will write this year. Blinking, her attention turns back to him and Aella smiles warmly. "After that, we typically stay up all night, talking around the fires and sharing stories as we wait out The Longest Night. It is symbolic of our strife and struggles throughout our life before we ultimately return to ash. As sunrise nears, the large crowds dissipate as families or couples branch out to watch the sunrise together. It is when the sun rises that gifts and tokens of appreciation and love are exchanged and we celebrate the light of the returning sun. Because if two things are sure in this life, they are that the sun will always return and that love abounds."

Aella's eyes are searching him now, curiously as she wonders what he might think about their winter solstice celebrations. The princess was sure it was a lot to take in, but she was excited to share in the tradition of her people with him. After all, regardless of how many times she had celebrated Emberweiss in her many years, this would be the first with her betrothed.

((No worries! I hope you get feeling better))
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:52 pm

(Thanks!)

Rith listens, fingers finding tiny spoons for impossibily small cups, noting how the liquid- Laperi - bubbles as if it were still on the fire. Still too hot to drink. He chews at his bottom lip before speaking, green-gray eyes drinking in her features. "Is it.. is Emberweiss much like... like Christmas, then?" Is asked slowly, having sifted through his few memories of an actual childhood for the name of a holiday he could remember. Days with his mother-

The prince is quiet again a moment, "or more like a birthday for everyone?" He's never had a birthday since he was seven. Are they different? The finger sandwiches are toasted and he carefully pulls the small plate from the heat, his fingers tingle but it doesn't hurt. That's nice.

It's then he does realize he is feeling a bit better; the tightness in his chest is far less than its been for a long while. Privately he thinks that he's glad he won't have to eat his horses, they're well trained to put up with whatever he is, and he'd rather not. Again. "What sort of gifts are given?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:04 pm

The princess thinks on his query a moment, her lips pursing slightly as she thinks. "I'd say it is our Christmas type celebration, yes. But it is also like a birthday whereas it's roots come from our Creation." She nods slowly, as though she is agreeing again with the words coming out of her mouth.

"Emberweiss means 'white ember,' it serves as a reminder of the Ancestral White Dragons and our divine identity as children of the Sun." She explains gently. "Because the sun provides all good things of the earth, by nurturing their growth and the cycle of life, the gifts exchange are usually tokens of nature. Some more popular options are handmade wreaths, nuts and seeds, and wood carvings." Aella explains

Blue gold eyes meet his of grey green. "You do not have to participate if you do not wish to. I wouldn't want to force you or make you uncomfortable. But you are more than welcome to join me." She smiles then, feeling a bit nervous at the possibility of rejection but also hopeful that he would accept her invitation. "And of course, nothing is required of you."
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:48 am

Again with the white dragons! His gaze is fixated on her lips, trying to consider the things she says, to understand and to memorize. Its not that he doesn't want to participate, rather it's because he doesn't know how.

Rith nods slowly, "I wish to participate. " Is agreed, "I look forward to joining you. " the prince wonders if later that night- for he has seen the lights still shining in the common place from his room - if he were able to sneak out and get those things which may be gifted. (Of course he doesn't say so..) "will you tell me more about these white dragons?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me