1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Basil

Basil gave a bubbly laugh, playing with her bangs out of habit. “An expert painter? Well that’s very flattering.” She smiled up at Arion, her emerald eyes sparkling madly. Her cheeks flushed even darker as she noticed his blush. Though Basil was nearly as flustered as he was, she thought that his awkwardness was just too cute. She found his nervous fidgeting and blush quite sweet. Arion’s genuineness was something that she admired. Basil had to bite her lip to hold back another giggle.

“Would you… like to grab a cup of coffee with me after you’re finished with your training?” She asked in a slight rush. Her cheeks burned with a bright pink by now. Normally, Basil would have never asked something as daring as that. But, there was something about Arion attracted her. She desperately wanted to get to know the red haired Quell more. Basil only knew a little about him from things Hawthorne had causally mentioned.

Juniper

“Really?” Juniper gave a warm laugh, “Miss Leadenwing sounds like a very interesting author!”. Hearing Celeste’s giggle, Juniper couldn’t help but think that it was adorable. He felt his cheeks grow a bit warm at the thought. Keep it together, she's a Quell and you're a HowlerJuniper thought, reminding himself to be careful. There was no way a Quell as beautiful and charming as Celeste could fall for a Howler like him. It was still very uncommon for the two races to be very friendly with the other. Though, he was quite enjoying talking to Celeste.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Arion

Arion nervously ran his fingers through his hair again, more in a flustered than self-conscious way. Basil's laugh was so adorable, he gave up all hopes of trying not to blush. He was such a mess right now.

Basil's invitation took him quite off guard, and it was a few moments before he could answer. "I'd...I'd love to," Arion smiled shyly, still not having gotten over his awkwardness. Did she really just ask that? He managed to meet her eyes again, his own sparkling faintly. Arion was just as attracted to her; he'd never met anyone like Basil before. "I don't think I'm going to be here much longer anyway, unless..." He bit his lip nervously, obviously just having thought of something. Radian, the grey Quell who was one of Arion's friends, would probably come soon and embarrass him in the worst possible way.

"Yeah, let's get out of here." He said abruptly, picking up his bag which contained bandages, a switchblade, and lots of ibuprofen. He knew his restaurant would still be open by now; they served everything from croquembouche to potato tornadoes. It was the best one in Solodin after all. "Do you like The Teakeeper? The coffee there is excellent, just like everything else." He said casually.

Celeste

Celeste grinned at his laugh. It was pretty adorable, and the way Juniper talked about books made it clear he loved them. Somehow that made him even more attractive. "She is!" She said cheerfully, noticing his blush at the same time. "She's been writing for years. What about Aya Thomas? Have you read her books before?" Celeste found herself asking, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. She had never had a conversation with anyone as intriguing as Juniper. There might still be some discrimination against Howlers, but Juniper was even more interesting than most Quell guys she'd met.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Basil

Arion’s hesitation to answer made Basil bite her lip in worry. Was it too sudden? Does he think I’m weird? Great, I must be so awkward She thought worriedly. Mentally, Basil wished she could smack herself for being so socially inept. It was almost hard to register that Arion accepted her invitation. She beamed up at him happily, meeting his gaze. Seeing the way his eyes sparkled made her heart sped up just a little faster. Arion’s gold flecked eyes were one of the prettiest things Basil had ever seen.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she gave a slight nod. “Alright. Let’s go then” Basil smiled, following him out of the training center. She had to walk just a little faster to keep up with his long-legged gait. “Oh yes! It’s one of the best restaurants in Solodin.” She said sincerely.

Basil smoothed out her vest lightly and fiddled with her bangs, fretting over the way she was dressed a bit. The last thing she had expected to do today was meet someone as special as Arion and then ask them out to have coffee. She probably should have worn something a bit nicer than her usual jeans and sweater. Though, now probably wasn’t the time to worry about that. She was just glad to hang out with Arion for a little while.

Juniper

“I’ll have to check out some of her books then. Miss Leadenwing must be a very good author, I just might like her books” Juniper said cheerfully. He cast a glance at the book he was holding. “Nah, nah this is the first one I’ve read by Miss Thomas. I just happened to be going through the shelves and this one looked interesting” He admitted, smiling up at Celeste. “Though, I’m glad I picked it up! The story had been very exciting so far.” Juniper’s eyes lit up happily as he explained what had happened so far. “It started out with a wounded soldier on the run from these rebels, who call themselves the stone dragons. He was on his way to save the kidnapped princess, only to find out that she was the one who sent the rebels! As far as I’ve read, the soldier is fighting off the rebels.” He explained, waving the book as if he were the character brandishing a sword.

Juniper gave a warm laugh, “It’s all very intense, but I love the story so far.” He slipped a bookmark into the book and closed it with a soft thump noise. “Have you read any by Miss Thomas?” He asked, smiling up at her. His eyes sparkled happily as he met her gaze. By now his blush had faded, but he still couldn't help but admire her beautiful blue eyes.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Arion

Arion happily walked out of the training center with Basil, shouldering his bag. He couldn't believe this was really happening. Was I was punched too hard, and is this just a really good dream? Actually no, my brain would never treat me this nicely. But how is she so freaking cute? Arion's thoughts suddenly evaporated as Basil smiled up at him. His heart skipped a beat, then began pounding wildly. He turned red and looked away briefly, only to glance back at her again. "I'm glad you think so, because I run the place," he said bluntly, yet sincerely.

Arion wasn't dressed particularly nicely either; he was in his usual faded black jeans and dark grey T-shirt. They were a little rumpled from his wrestling matches at training, but they were relatively clean. He liked changing into more comfortable clothes after wearing nice ones at work, after all. As they walked out into the streets towards the restaurant, he would usually watch the activity around him, but now Arion only had eyes for Basil.

Celeste

"I'm sure you would love them," Celeste agreed, thinking his passionate love of books was adorable. She listened as Juniper explained part of the book he was reading, smiling softly. "That sounds so interesting! I have to take a look at it." She giggled softly as Juniper waved the book, thinking it was funny in a cute way. "I have only read her autobiography. But not anything else." Celeste blushed as he met her gaze, smiling back at him. The way his purple eyes sparkled with enjoyment was simply captivating.
Last edited by arvanien on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Basil

Basil's eyes widened in delight as Arion told her that he ran the ran the restaurant. " Really?" She said, as if he revealed that he was actually the king of France, " That's amazing! You're the talent behind the Teakeeper's dishes?" Basil smiled up at him, lightly putting her hand on the inside of his elbow. It impressed her to know that Arion was such a skilled chef. Of course, Hawthorne had mentioned that Arion liked to cook, but Basil never would have guessed that he ran one of the nicest restaurants in town.

Basil found herself meeting his gaze as they walked towards the restaurant. She couldn't seem to make herself stop herself from doing it. It was still hard to imagine that she was going to get a coffee with someone like Arion. He was handsome, charming, and talented; in Basil's eyes,he was absolutely perfect.

Juniper

Juniper smiled back at her, feeling his face grow a little warmer. His eyes sparkled with a joy that couldn't be contained. It wasn't just the books that made him so happy. Talking with Celeste was the most fun he'd had in a long time.

Celeste was very interesting to speak with and also very kind. Not many people would enjoy him acting out a sword fight with a novel. As Juniper looked up, he realized the librarians probably didn't appreciate his little " preformance". They were now silently throwing him angry looks from the circulation desk. Though, Juniper wasn't going to let it spoil his good mood. In fact, if he had been in his hyena form, his tail would have been wagging madly in happiness.

" You might like them!" Juniper gave a cheerful nod, grinning crookedly" Though i'd suggest reading them, I think the librarians don't appreciate my acting out the stories here in the library" He chuckled warmly. Thinking about the other books, he asked "Is there any of Miss Leadenwing's books you'd suggest, miss...?" Juniper suddenly realized he didn't know Celeste's name.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 pm

Arion

"Just part of it," Arion said modestly. "We have an amazing team behind the scenes. We've been through many...interesting episodes." He seemed to momentarily lose the ability to speak as Basil rested her hand on the inside of his elbow. He felt like his heart was going to burst out of his rib cage and run away. Arion finally found his voice, "There was a certain elderly lady who ordered one thousand pizzas to be made in less than an hour. I found half of my trusty bakers crying on the kitchen floor as the other half rushed to bake the pizzas. I called the lady and it turns out that she meant to order just ten, and that she was just very nearsighted." He grinned at the memory, his eyes twinkling merrily, looking down at her to meet her gaze.

Arion found himself unable to pry his eyes from her. Basil was unlike any other girl he'd ever met. They seemed to want his attention just because he was good-looking and fairly wealthy. In his opinion, most of them were shallow. But Basil wasn't anything like them at all. She had a bright, intelligent mind and seemed to be sincerely interested in spending time with him. On top of it all, he thought her very beautiful. Arion couldn't believe that this was actually happening, though a dark thought tugged at the back of his mind. I can't be with her. I'm not good enough. He was sure he didn't deserve someone like Basil; he saw himself as far too damaged and just plain unloveable. If he fell for her (which he was already), it would cause a whole lot of unnecessary heartbreak for him. Arion sighed quietly, looking somewhat sadly at her.

Celeste

Celeste found herself unable to look away, fascinated with Juniper's stunning purple eyes, the way they sparkled joyfully. The light, friendly conversation with him made her happier than she had been in a long time. Juniper's personality was something she had never come across before, and now that she had, she adored it. Celeste didn't quite realize it yet, but she was falling in love with him.

She sat down across him, also ignoring the librarians. Juniper had literally just waved a book, what was the harm in that? If she herself had done the same, they probably wouldn't even bat an eye. She was sure they were upset at him just because he wasn't Quell, like them. Celeste didn't think that she had ever seen a Howler in Solodin's library before, and definitely not one so cute.

"I'm sure they're very enjoyable," she agreed, thinking his crooked grin was adorable. "Oh, don't worry about them! Last I checked, interpretive dance is not restricted in the library, and definitely not in a cozy aisle like this one." She smiled. Celeste turned pink, also realizing that they hadn't even introduced themselves before getting wrapped up in book talk. "I'm sorry, my name is Celeste Fayren." She smiled pleasantly, extending her small, slender hand to him.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 pm

( I'm so sorry for the late reply!!)

Basil

A clear, bubbly laugh came from Basil’s lips as Arion told her about the pizza incident, though she tried to stifle it with her hand. She had a rather cute laugh, Basil was a little embarrassed about it because of the chip in her front tooth. The small blemish made her terribly self-conscious whenever she smiled or giggled. But somehow, Basil was comfortable enough around Arion that it didn’t bother her as much as it usually did. Perhaps it was because every time she looked over at him, she couldn’t help but smile.

“Really?” She giggled, “That’s so exciting! It must be a lot of fun to work there at the restaurant. I bet you meet all sorts of interesting Quell” Beaming up at Arion, she added, “It’s also probably a lot of work! I don’t think I could ever manage to make even one pizza, let alone ten for one person.” Basil felt her cheeks flush bright pink once again as she found herself lost in Arion’s sparkling eyes. His crooked grin and stunning hazel eyes made her heart practically melt. Gah! why am I so helpless when I meet his gaze? Just being around him makes me so flustered I can't think straight. Basil thought, casting her gaze back towards the cobblestone sidewalk, But... this isn't right. He could never like someone like me. He probably has a whole flock of girls prettier and more talented than I am. Arion's probably just being nice to me because he's friends with Hawthorne.... right? Basil snuck a glance at him and was a bit surprised to see him looking at her so sadly.

" Arion?" Basil asked, frowning a bit, " Is everything okay?". She looked up at him with worry in her eyes. Had she done something wrong already?

Juniper

Juniper gently shook her hand, smiling at her cheerfully, “It’s very nice to meet you, Celeste! I’m Juniper”, He said. He almost couldn’t believe how nice Celeste was to him, even though she was a Quell. It also surprised him how easy it was to talk to her. Juniper was quite enjoying talking about books and things. He gave a warm laugh at her response to the librarians glaring at him. “Well then, I’m glad interpretive dance allowed in the fiction section!” His eyes sparkled wildly in amusement, though they held a faint bit of mischief in them.

Juniper couldn't help but smile as he noticed Celeste's blush. He wasn't exactly sure why she was blushing, but he thought that it was just too adorable. She was certainly a beautiful Quell, but was stood out to him the most was her lovely eyes and her bright, cheerful smile. Juniper could feel his own cheeks grow faintly warm at the thought. He knew he shouldn't have been thinking things like that, especially not about someone who was a Quell. Most Quell believed that Howlers were uncouth, wild animals. Though that really wasn’t true, it was simply that their cultures were very different from one another. After all, Juniper was sitting on the floor of the lavish Solodin library with no shoes on. It was easy to see why the librarians were suspicious of him.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Arion

Arion couldn't help but laugh along with Basil, his ears pink. Her laugh was simply charming. It almost made him forget her hand on his arm - almost. "It is. I wouldn't trade that job for any other. You're right; it can be quite exhausting, but I guess that's why I like it," he said lightly, still holding her gaze. Sure, Hawthorne had green eyes too, but Basil's were the prettiest ones he'd ever seen. He was slightly disappointed when she looked away, but it gave him a few seconds to collect his thoughts, as his brain seemed to be incapable of functioning when he was looking at her lovely eyes. The troublesome thought chose that moment to tug at him again, making him bite his lip wistfully. She's simply too good for me. It's easy to understand why.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Basil asked him what was wrong. "No, everything's fine," he reassured her. Stop thinking about it, it's not going to help. "I've actually never felt this happy before, you know." Arion smiled sincerely as he met her gaze. He still felt painfully shy, but being with Basil gave him the best feeling ever. They reached the restaurant and he stepped aside, opening one of the elegant oak double doors for her.

Celeste

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Juniper," Celeste smiled warmly, her hand lingering slightly even after he shook it. She was amused at how they got so carried away talking even before they knew each others' names. Talking with Juniper made her feel so at ease. She hoped he felt the same; he was definitely enjoying the subject. "To answer your previous question, there are many highly recommendable books by Miss Leadenwing! She's written so many of them, more than thirty. And all of them are of different subjects and genres."

Celeste laughed at his reply, thinking the mischievous sparkle in Juniper's eyes was just hilariously cute. He was very handsome, but what she noticed more about him was his quick wit and vivacity. Juniper was definitely not your average Howler - or average guy, in general. She had grown up with the belief that Howlers were primitive, dumb beasts, quite prevalent in society. But now Celeste could only see how wrong that kind of thinking was. In fact, Juniper could carry a better conversation than most Quell guys she'd met.
Last edited by arvanien on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Basil

Basil had completely forgotten about her hand lightly resting on his arm. Blushing faintly, she took her hand away and smiled up at him. Arion’s intense gaze was unlike anything she had ever seen before. It made her heart beat just a little faster and her thoughts scatter like leaves in the wind. Basil had already started to for the red haired Quell. The thought of not being with Arion made her heart ache badly with sorrow. Though, she knew that there was only a slim chance that they could be together. Arion was next to perfect in her eyes. He was charming and talented and very handsome, but best of all, he was one of the sincerest people she had ever met. Basil felt as if she didn’t deserve someone as amazing as Arion. It seemed that all she could see in herself were her faults and scars. Arion was worthy of someone far better than she could ever be.

But, that wasn’t the only reason Basil knew she couldn’t be with Arion. Hawthorne would never allow it. Though he was only her brother, Basil and Hawthorne’s relationship was very… complex. After their parents had been tragically killed by Howlers, the teen Hawthorne had stepped up and took responsibility for Basil when she was just a kid. He had basically raised her for most of her childhood; in a way, Hawthorne had to be both a parent and a brother. Hawthorne may have been far too over protective, but Basil couldn’t disrespect his wishes. It pained her greatly to know that she’d have to choose between him or what her heart was telling her.

As Arion spoke, Basil snapped out of her thoughts once again. Het pessimistic worries faded when she met his gaze. “Really?” She breathed, “I don’t think I’ve ever felt this happy with someone either” Basil smiled up at him, her emerald eyes sparkling joyously. It surprised her how easy it was to admit that she really enjoyed his company. Shyly, Basil ducked her head and walked into the restaurant. “Thank you, Arion” She murmured happily.

Juniper

Juniper noticed how her hand lingered slightly in his hand. He couldn’t help but see how different their hands where. His fingers were long and squared; his hands were tanned and calloused from working outdoors. It was a stark contrast compared to Celeste’s. He loved how slender and soft her hands were compared to his. A blush crossed his cheeks as Juniper realized he had been noticing these little things about her all along. Juniper couldn’t help himself, he was falling in love with Celeste. Though, he couldn’t admit it, not even to himself. A Howler and a Quell couldn’t fall in love…..could they?

Juniper loved talking with Celeste. She was so smart and sweet and clever; it was fun to match wits with her. It seemed that Celeste seemed to be enjoying the conversation as much as he was. Just as Quell believed that Howlers were little more than talking animals, the Howlers also had some strange misconceptions about Quell. Juniper had believed that Quell were all stuck up and were mind-numbingly boring. Celeste was the exact opposite of that. She was very smart and seemed to love learning from books as much as he did. And she certainly wasn’t stuck up at all; after all she was sitting on the floor of the library and chatting with him. This was certainly going to be an interesting story to tell his friends once he returned to his little village.

The Howler smiled at her, his eyes sparkling happy, “Thirty? Whoa! That is a lot of novels for one author. And with different genres as well? Most authors only stick to one or two! Miss Leadenwing must be a very talented writer” He complimented, impressed, “Have you read them all?” Juniper wouldn’t be surprised if she answered ‘yes’. He could tell that she loved to read very often.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am

Arion

Arion smiled back, totally focused on her. He absolutely loved it when she smiled like that; his pulse was going crazy over it. He so badly wanted to take her hand again, but was still too shy. Basil was the most intriguing girl he'd ever met; she was cute and tiny, but her personality was attracting him far more than anything else. Arion decided right then and there that he was going to look out for her happiness rather than his own, even though they weren't even dating and literally just met half an hour before. He knew he had no chance with her, but he still loved her.

"Really?" He rubbed the back of his neck shyly, his eyes sparkling happily. I'm definitely hallucinating by now. "You're welcome, ma'am," he found himself saying out of habit. Arion walked in after her, dropping his bag behind the counter. The floor of The Teakeeper was made of chocolatey wood, as were the tables and chairs, which were finely made. There was both a spacious dining room for larger groups of people and more private booths for couples, consisting of two high backed, comfy sofas around a table with a small glass lamp providing dim light. Overheard, thick wooden beams crossed the vast arched ceiling, intricate crystal chandeliers the size of bathtubs somehow hanging delicately from it. The place was filled with laughter, conversion, and the clinking of dishes. Light filtered in from glass windows etched with designs. Arion looked right at home as he walked behind the counter. "May I take your order?" He asked her cheerfully, grinning.

Celeste

Celeste took a moment to glance at Juniper's hands, thinking that they were simply comely. There was something attractive in how he was so different from other guys, both Quell and Howler. She didn't see him looking at her hands, but what she did notice was his blush. Celeste thought it was just too adorable of him. How fortunate was she, to have met someone like him in one of her favorite places in Solodin?

Juniper was so easygoing and cheerful, and he carried the conversation so well, Celeste could have spent the rest of the day just talking with him. He was far from a mere animal who could change form; Juniper had the quickest wit she had ever come across. Not to mention, he was quite entertaining, as was shown when he acted out wielding a sword using a book. She rested her book in her lap, listening to him.

"You're right! She has one of the most creative minds in Solodin," Celeste asserted. She giggled, tapping her finger on Red Rebellion's cover, "This is the twenty-eighth one so far. I'm not reading them in any particular order, since there isn't one. If you mind me asking, what sort of books do Howlers have?" The two races weren't that different, but because their cultures contrasted so much, it certainly seemed that way. Celeste didn't know very much about Howler culture and way of life, other than what she'd read. Although the library was colossal, it didn't contain too much on Howlers and their lifestyles. But given the peace that finally came after the several century war, perhaps that would change.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me