Poise and Rationality || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Baelixx » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:52 pm

"Of course. Just wave me over if you two need anything else!" The waitress says with a hum before leaving.

Aella watches him in interest as he tries the food, and she tells him about the drink. "Ah, mine is called sweet cider." She says and glances to the cup. "It's made with apples and spices... and yours-" she pauses to point to his glass. "Is something we call liquid snog... " the drink makes her hum in amusement. "Or just snog, for short. It's made with cream, sugar, egg, and cinnamon and is a favorite here."

His words of approval and Aella smiles. "I'm so glad you like it." She sips from her drink, delighting in the spicy beverage. "Quite often. And they are... aware that I visit the town frequently. But I'm sure they would be less than happy to find out I frequent the local tavern." The princess chuckles a little and takes a bite of her food.

"Any more questions, my prince?" Is asked softly with a warm smile.
┏⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ┓
⭐️ѕane ιѕ тнe ιnѕanιтy мoѕт call
⭐️norмalιтy pυт ғorтн вy ѕocιeтy
⭐️yoυ woυld тнιnĸ wιтн all тнe genιυѕ
⭐️ and тнe вrιllιance oғ тнeѕe тιмeѕ,
⭐️we мιgнт ғιnd a нιgнer pυrpoѕe
⭐️and a вeттer υѕe oғ мιnd.
⭐️ѕoмe people never coмe clean,
⭐️ι тнιnĸ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean.
⭐️yoυ're walĸιng a wιre вeтween
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ looĸιng ғor love ιn-вeтween.
⭐️ ι υnderѕтand aвoυт ιndecιѕιon,
⭐️вυт ι don'т care ιғ ι geт вeнιnd.
⭐️ people lιvιng ιn coмpeтιтιon,
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:25 pm

Rith is silent, first trying the so called snog and frowning in disbelief. "It is... cold, how... how is it cold? Aside from it being winter, how is this concoction not luke warm?" Setting down the glass he returns to eating his food, soon, he is finished, returning to his odd drink - and taking a slice of bread.

Does he have any questions?

Rith pauses, "I really don't have any questions for you, Aella, "

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:10 pm

His question and her eyes widen a bit as she realizes she has things yet to tell him... "ah.. well... different dragons have different... abilities" she begins before deciding it isn't something she wishes to explain. Instead, Aella decides she will show him...

"Here." Is said and her lips form an o shape as if she were to whistle. Instead, a cold stream of air escapes her lungs with a gentle whoosh, and frost covers a small spot on top of the table. Aella bites her lower lip and slowly looks up to him, eyes searching his gestures as she expects he has more questions for her now.
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Rith pulls his hand from the table, eyes going dark - murky green and fathomless grey - he doesn't notice it. Instead, his tongue darts between his lips and a sound, the tiniest hint of air, escapes. "Then, all of your citizens are draconian in nature. " is realized quietly, the thought just occurring.
The prince has finished his drink, setting the empty cup back on the wood, carefully not touching the table itself. "I hadn't realized. "

The prince doesn't quite know what to say, "are you all able to... use a dragon form? Do these abilities stay elemental?"

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:05 am

Aella watches those eyes turn murky, bottomless, and she can't read what he is feeling or thinking... it has her wanting to sink into the chair she sits in and almost turn back time and take it back... but, she can't. His words come and she she sighs softly.

"Yes- all are draconian in nature. But..." the next words come out almost painfully, slowly, and are carefully chosen. "For the past few centuries, the number of full fledged dragons born has been... dropping significantly." Her gaze drops down to the frost spot as it slowly begins to melt from the warm atmosphere inside the tavern.

To elaborate, the princess continues. "Long ago, when the ancients began to settle this valley, every being was draconic. But dragons previously hadn't been in such large, organized families. As time has wore on, some were born with partial abilities, and some with none at all."

She is hoping this answers his questions, and pauses to sip from her cider. "They are all elemental in nature. Flame, ice, earth, plants, water, air... lighting." She shrugs a little and looks back up to him. "I'll... have to show you the library later. I think it might help." Is offered and she is mustering a light smile
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:39 pm

"Essentially, those are... human. I.." He looks at the tiny drops of ice left over from her front- fingers twitching. "I was human, once." But he doesn't know what he is NOW.

"You say born... I uh... was led to believe that your people came from eggs? Erm... that is, a brood." But then his fiance, his princess, is speaking of a library and *joy* suffuses his face - "I love to read, to learn." Is answered quietly.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 am

That blue-gold gaze remains on him as he speaks, eyebrows furrowing slightly. He looked human, smelled human... but then again, she had also watched him take not only the form of her father but then a magnificent green dragon as well- not to mention the complete change in his physical appearance. Human once... and Aella isn't sure at all of what he is. It baffles her.

The joy on his face makes her smile and she looks at him curiously. "Oh good!" She muses softly, glad he at least enjoys learning. There was a lot she would need to tell him, show him, and it would be a lot of learning. Aella takes a bite of her stew, thinking as she chews and swallows.

"An eon ago, a single clutch of hatchlings could be counted on two hands. Relatively small in number, but enough to give at least a few a fighting chance to grow into adolescence when competing for resources against their siblings and peers." She begins, pausing to take a sip of her cider. "A megaannum ago, with resources plentiful, nearly the entirety of each brood survived. The number of dragons in this world increased significantly each year, and an era of prosperity was ushered in."

Her next words hold a solemn tone, and Aella sighs. "...due to... hunters and warriors and war, and greed and pride from the other races... my ancestors were lucky to keep one hatchling alive. Many went into hiding, protecting their precious eggs even as man attempted to destroy them." Her heart is hurting at the history of her people, at the idea of being in their place and struggling in such a way to simply survive.

"And then Khalisburn was created. Settled and guarded, and dragons were safe to live their lives. It was during this time that they began to take the form of humans from time to time, in order to trade with the outside world. As time has passed, we've continued to adapt and change in such a way to not only survive, but thrive as well. For the last few millennia, my people have chosen- for the most part- to remain in their human form as they reproduce. In this way, they're able to carry their brood inside them at all times and have a gestation period instead of nests of vulnerable and fragile eggs."

She tilts her head a little, thinking. "Of course, this makes the size of each brood significantly smaller, and I've only seen a maximum of triplets in my lifetime. Most are twins of singular births. But in this way, the survival rate of my people's children is the highest it has ever been."

((Whew, I'm finally getting to all my notes I wrote when we started this and I forgot how many ideas I had!))
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:23 am

(It's awesome!)

Rith is quiet, running a finger through the droplets of water and drawing some odd sigil. "I'm glad they prosper, my lady," the words are almost reverent as he hazards a look up from the table and to her face. "I'm sorry if my questions make you uncomfortable, it is not my intention. "

He swallows and clears his throat, "I'm Khalisburn there are your people. Are there other settlements with dragons and draconian folks?" He asks at last, "or only loners - perhaps elders or their prosterity who do not know that safety is available?" A moment as he considers his next words, "are hunters still a major threat? And why am I- my father and kingdom - the first of your people, and kingdoms, allies? Why not a larger, safer, kingdom?" These wondering thoughts are out loud, but mostly for himself. His jaw clenches and unclenches, "why humans and not creatures like you?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:44 am

"As am I." Is replied curtly and she is eating more of her food as she listens. Swallowing, the princess shakes her head a little. "There is no harm in your questions, Rith. My heart only weeps for suffering and loss of my ancestors." She smiles softly then, grateful he is willing to ask about his curiosities and also take her feelings and comfort ability into account.

She eats quietly as she listens to him, momentarily eyeing his doodle in the droplets of water on the table. Her food is finished quickly, and she takes a sip of her drink as his last is asked. "I don't really know everything, and I'm sorry I can't answer all of your questions." She begins before smiling and tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I'm sure there are others out there, possibly other settlements and loners in the great expanse of this world. But I do not know where- or how I could begin to find them."

"As far as hunters go, the threat has been pretty much handled. Most kingdoms, to my knowledge, believe dragons only exist in legend or that we all died out ages ago... I haven't heard of a dragon hunter in my lifetime, but I know stories of them." She takes another sip, all of her taking making her thirsty.

"This world is changing, Rith. Or at least, so my father says. It is his belief that it is time we gain allies, grow our kingdom and our people. It is his dream that we can soon usher in an age of peace between dragons and humans and help shape this world to be one safe for our posterity." There is a sense of longing in her gaze and in her words, and the princess speaks as though it is like a dream.

"Your kingdom, my prince, is the nearest to ours. It may take another Milennia before the world begins to know of my people. But it is my father's hope to start with Apinumera. Yours might not be the largest or the safest- but our kingdoms's proximity to one another could be a large problem in the future should we become enemies. Our alliance serves as not only a beginning step to a new emergence into the world, but as a precaution as well. "

"Humans are the most common race in this world. And it is my Father's belief that if the humans can accept us for who and what we are, then our future prosperity can be secured. I... can't pretend to know or understand all that my father does, but I do know that he wants what is best for our people. After our kingdoms are united under our rule, your people become my people and vice versa. And I will want what is best for our people as well, Rith."
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Peridot bleeds slowly into the swamp of his eyes; and he notes with satisfaction that his sigil had disappeared, and that the fire flickers with sparks of lavender. She had said "our prosterity" ...

He tries to dismiss the thought.

"Humans are very common, and only a small fraction have Gifts. That being said... Apinumera is known for the brutality, ingenuity and efficiency of its warriors. Few stand before our armies and survive." He exhales a huff of air, "Khalisburn is much older than my homeland, perhaps centuries, or millenia. Infact, I would hazard that you are much longer lived than I, let alone, I would hazard to say that *multiple * generations of humans would be born and live and die, between even our marriage and your death." He licks his lips before continuing. But would his people accept her as their queen, let alone her as a dragon? Would she - her kingdom, her parents, her people, and herself - be safe? Would his? He isn't convinced his people would be welcoming, kind or generous- thanks mainly to his Father and Uncle. Likely, it would take decades to undo their work... "should all go according to plan, Aella, would your peoples abilities become... watered down, should they marry and have children with wholly human people? Perhaps not immediately, but with time." Rith hates it. Hates his father. Hates the knowledge he has. "I do not know why we are to be married, how long ago it was set up, or why we were chosen to marry, Aella... I don't pretend to understand our ancestors... but.. I want those born after us to..." He avoids 'posterity' not daring to think of having children, "to be happy. To have a chance of happiness and prosperity. "

Dean could tell him. Dean would know.

The prince swallows dryly, "I want what is best for your - our - people, not just for my lifetime. " that brings his thoughts back again, "I do not know your true age, princess, only that I am pretty sure I'm younger than you. As such," he leans back in his chair, arms on the table, fingers relaxed against the wood, "I'm sure you have someone you may have in your eye - that is, someone you fancy or love... or loved. You'll take my whole life, and I only a fraction of yours. Aella, I wish you to not mourn my inevitable death, but to be happy. Whether you remarry or not.. I would only ask for your happiness." The prince clears his throat softly, uncertain of what to say.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me