[[⚔]] molotov & alphaess

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

[60] let me take you to the promised land.

Postby molotov » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:20 am

xxxx 𓆙 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄
      lenore’s eyes snapped to attention. gazing into the other’s stormy grey ones that now loomed just above her, their proximity was so close. that realization snuffed out her fears like water to a flame. the noble’s breathing slowly quieted, clinging to the gentle words like a lifeline to pull her out of her panicked stupor. in the same instance, she recognized that this side of jacquelyn was unfamiliar, sincere in a way lenore had never witnessed. in that context, silverclaw’s efforts couldn’t be anymore effective in bringing her to her senses. supported by the other, she felt her body ease. her breathing steadying and the storm in her head clearing. observing silverclaw’s sun kissed features silently as she considered the uncertain, yet unfeigned words. awkward, yet heartfelt in a way that made them all the more meaningful.
      soon enough, lenore was back on her own two feet. still shaken from the scare, but stable as her eyes continued to gaze into silverclaw’s. even as the pirate’s eyes strayed away from her with the apology, her efforts to help bring comfort endeared. in this series of unfortunate events, that’s all she could really ask for. after quiet contemplation, the noble swivel to take in the scene before them, she paused to observe the merchants. bound up, but safe just as promised. it was apparent to lenore, at least, that silverclaw wasn’t the one to blame - not completely. some personal accountability was to be addressed. “i-it’s not entirely y-your fault. i agreed to take part in this, i simply-“ she paused, wiping away the blood on her fingers across her dress without looking. “-failed to foresee the potential complications, this is all still so foreign to me.” she sighed shakily, glancing back to the captain carefully. “-but, thank you.” she spoke tenderly. offering her own reluctant, yet gentle smile. optimism was presented to her, and lenore clung to it. trying her best to indicate she was no longer frightened, much as her voice still trembled with nerves, and she continued to tightly grip at her own arms. “what matters is, you have shown me that you are worthy of my trust, and i-“ she straightened, a slight frown crossing her lips as she turned her head back to glance at the seized merchant ship. “-managed to be of use?” she uttered the words like it had just occurred to her that her efforts had been successful, yet she was reluctant to confirm them herself. briefly she felt a sense of achievement through the haze, regrettable as it was at the cost of robbing another, they had done it! she felt another small smile trace her lips, accomplished and far too tired to question her own ethics. a quiet, humorless chuckle escaping her with the realization. “ oh, how far i have fallen to feel such a way, in the face of others misfortune i find myself smiling. either i’ve succumb to madness, or your wickedness is infectious, captain.” she offered a weak tease, raising a hand over her mouth out of slight embarrassment for admitting the feeling aloud. she went silent out of reluctance as her next words came out soft, teetering on a whisper as she fixed her gaze back on silverclaw. “ i regret to admit that it feels kind of nice, in a way. to have achieved something, for once. by no means was it graceful, or pleasant, or flawless, but it was real. the realest i’ve ever felt.”
    molotov

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

[⚔] come swim to me in a forward motion,

Postby alphanea » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:20 am

xx xx xx xx𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐖xx xx xx xx
    ────────────────── [[ acquelyn x rey ]] ──────────────────

xxxx A nice bottle of brandy was more than due to wash away the exhaustion of the day as Silverclaw was left quite drained with the exposure of her most vulnerable side. At least her efforts were met with success and the noblewoman was successfully pulled out of her unfortunate daze, now capable of standing on her own two feet, thus getting a faint, tired smile from her pirate 'captor', who promptly shrugged off the offered gratitude. "Well, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while," she uttered to herself, much too silent, referring to Silverclaw herself, the thieving scoundrel, being worthy of someone's trust. Strange, how one saw only her 'nice' side for a change, ignoring her many dastardly deeds - or perhaps rather than ignoring, not being in the know of the true extent of her actions. Of course, Silverclaw did not seek to spoil the moment by retelling her every criminal action and rather focused on Lenore's own words. "I'd dare say you were a great asset to our merry little band, indeed." the pirate agreed, easing back into her normal self from the brief role of support-giver. "Not the first time I've heard that - but ah, it had been quite a different context." she chuckled with a beaming white smirk, the context which she implied went unsaid and most likely have flown right over Lenore's head. "Then I am happy on my fair lady's behalf that we shared this experience." carefully considering her words, Silverclaw spoke, still bearing her grin and promptly chose to break the mawkishly over-sentimental air afterwards with beaming: "Now, if you're to get a taste of the pirate life - which you have so rightfully earned to do so - let us sample what comes after a successful hunt," Offering Lenore an arm to guide her onwards with her showman-like persona, Silverclaw gestured towards the rowboat that they had taken beforehand to reach the island. "to Tacarigua!" her beaming prompted a cheer from those close enough to hear, and what followed was a very merry journey with quite a lot of shanties sung along the way.

────────── [[ xx xx]] ─────────────────────────────────────────────

xxxxThe port they've docked was fashioned out of wood from many a vessel, with quite a few of them repurposed after they had been beached by intoxicated pirates, giving the whole port-town a quaint maritime aesthetic. The streets, however, were anything but silent - one could find a rowdy crowd of day-drinking sailors no matter the hour. One of the largest pirate ports on that side of the map, Tacarigua had the best the pirate lifestyle could offer, not to mention it was a great way to waste away your hard earned wages. Angling her hat a little upon her raven tresses, the captain of the vessel gestured towards the utter chaos pit that was the shantytown. "Behold, the haven for thieves and scoundrels alike." she smirked leaning against the railings of her ship, as many of her crew were already disembarking the vessel, leaving just a few watchmen to guard the ship. "Just you know... if anyone asks about me or mentions me, make sure to pretend you know nothing about the inquiry. As many friends I've ended up making here, I've got an equal number of enemies. Or well, two-fold." the pirate admitted with a bit of a wince, unfolding her rolled up left sleeve to let it cover up her prosthetic she normally wore with great pride. "Let's just say three, to be on the safe side. Might've skipped on a few payments owed and dodged a few wagers that were rightfully promised here and there..." she admitted lastly, giving an innocently sheepish look at Lenore, whom she was planning on subjecting to a true pirate's night out, unwinding at a popular tavern around the parts 'Seat of the Rat King'.
    alphanea

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

[61] lie with me in the arms of the ocean,

Postby molotov » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:06 pm

xxxx 𓆙 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄
        with their hunt concluded, the jovial atmosphere that had overtaken the she-devil couldn’t help but lift lenore’s spirits higher than they already were. although she remained a silent observer and listener amongst the crew, she was quite happy in such a position. taking some time to note the way of speaking and behaviors of the sailors who went about their business, she hoped to gain an understanding of this new lifestyle - and with luck, maybe seek out someone who would be safe enough to bond with - other than silverclaw, of course. while lenore wasn’t entirely sure how human connections worked in the real world, no one had ever come quite as close as jacquelyn in what felt like the start of a friendship.
        alas, her thirst for piracy and interest in the captain only went so far, the energized feeling teetering back into exhaustion as soon as their destination had been reached, and the little nobles smile soon faded with the sight of it. stopping by the captain’s side, lenore had long since dawned her pirate attire once more. with thorn safely tucked away in her pocket, grateful to be back in breeches and boots. lenore observed tacarigua warily, the thieves sanctuary was likely plagued by dangers at every turn; knives, alcohol, guns and bad smells being a prominent issue by the look of it. the highborn shot the innocent looking pirate a pointed glance with the admittance, which only served to worsen her concerns over stepping foot on the enemy infested island. “-and yet, even after acknowledging that, you still wish to leave the safety of the ship. is—is that wise?” she inquired, trying to push back the nervousness that threatened to trace her voice. “i mean, i’ll have no trouble holding my tongue, it’s just-“ she gestured to the sight before them. “throwing ourselves into even more potential danger? i fail to understand the appeal, i was under the impression this would be a relaxing evening.” she admitted in a polite tone, tapping her nails across their chin. she was happy to offer an alternative option as she inched away from the railing. “personally, i am more than content celebrating our successes right here. how about you?”
      molotov

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

[⚔] sing to me, my lady of the sea,

Postby alphanea » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:17 am

xxxx The shrewd noblewoman wasn't as enthusiastic as the rest of the crew when it came the time to disembark, possibly discouraged by Silverclaw's passing warnings and the need to hide her identity even at a place that was the most accepting of her kind. "Nonsense!" rebuffed the captain with a cheery note, smiling yet not quite grasping the extent of Lenore's fears of the unfamiliar environment. Before she could totally shy away from the side of the ship, Silverclaw swiftly stepped between Lenore and the protection of the enclosed spaces, holding up her palms in an attempt to stop her in her stride. "It's not the pirate way to shy away from danger! Life's bland and boring if there's nothing to spice it up with some non-life-threatening variety of danger." with another smile and an innocent look on her face Silverclaw pouted somewhat coquettishly. The expression lasted for a short second before Silverclaw shrugged adding in a bit of information she might have omitted to appear more fearless: "Besides, it's a pirate port - and us pirates don't have any, ah, what do you call it? 'Capital punishment'? At worst I'll run into a few old acquaintances that'll nag me ear off, maybe have a little outbreak of fisticuffs or have to order a round or two for them to be intoxicated enough to forgive my misdeeds." Such was the method of resolving issues between pirates and their ilk - as they were already being hunted by many other factions, it was generally frowned upon if one pirate were to senselessly kill another especially in this safe haven of theirs, risking exile and being barred from even entering the port, leaving the rogue crew to fend for themselves against the Queen's navy.
        xxxx Sidestepping Lenore, Silverclaw gestured at the port once more, with its yells, smoke and awful, commotion filled pathways, it felt pulsating and alive. What a place to experience. "C'mon, it's nothing to fear. Didn't you want to make a good impression on the crew? Best way to do so is to share a pint with them." she reminded carefully, casting another look down onto the portside, where many of her own had already disembarked and vanished into the crowd already while they spent hesitating. "The window of opportunity shall pass by if you dawdle and they'll be scattered all about the port like chicks without a hen." With that, Silverclaw too stepped onto the gangway, determined not to be left behind - but not wishing to appear too pushy or needy towards Lenore. "Your call - if you change your mind, you'll find me at the pub with my lot." with that said, she briefly took off her hat, saluted the noble and sharply turned on her heels with her hat once more sitting back on top of her blue bandanna, her heading set and her thirst ever so growing.
      alphanea

My pets
      My items
      My wishlist
      My gallery
      My scenes
      My dressups
      Trade with me

[62] show me the way with your melody,

Postby molotov » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:52 am

xxxx 𓆙 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄
          the highborn’s efforts to flee were swiftly thwarted, her shuffle towards a refuge slowed to a halt. like always, silverclaw did not hold back on her theatrics, an equal effort to both encourage and entertain. lenore silently considered the words for a long while. she was keen to keep up her good impressions with the crew, and she wouldn’t get that chance if she let her fear for the unknown anchor her down, that much was true. unfortunately, by that point the captain had concluded her little performance and made her eager departure off into the chaos of the crowds. leaving lenore to make the decision for herself. being presented with a choice, the ability to pick between two possibilities was quite an overwhelming task, she couldn’t say she was all to use to it - the freedom to choose what she wanted to do felt so, strange. and so, lenore made the ordeal needlessly complex. standing there, weighing her options in great detail, making lists in her head of possible pros and cons for each choice. growing ever frantic as her raven haired companion moved farther and farther away with each passing second. the window of opportunity was indeed closing, and fast. the noble watched as the only familiar silhouette in sight threatened to vanish behind the wall of shifty sailors, which began to close on her path. a quiet whine of uncertainty escaped her as her legs made the decision before her brain could. “wait-“ without wasting another second, she scampered after the captain, slipping through the crowd nimbly before the electric blue feather in silverclaw’s cap could vanish out of sight. giving a fit of apologies to a sailor who nearly tripped over her, scrambling ahead before they could get a proper word in. closer still, a new obstacle presented itself in the form of a mountain of a man, stepping in her path - almost intentionally. the noble skidded to a halt. with her mind occupied in more pressing matters, his sudden obstruction only managed to get on her nerves, so she barely spared the towering stranger a glance. “pardon me, sir.” she excused with a respectful dip of her head, though not caring the maintain the etiquette of eye contact as she slipped passed him. “quite alright.” came his cool, gravelly reply. barely heard over the commotion as lenore persisted onward. determined to catch up to silverclaw, she tailed behind the other a moment as she tried to catch her breath and recompose herself.
          adjusting her sea green bandana atop her head, lenore moved to stand beside the now-concealed silverclaw. “i’m not boring.” she huffed, as if she had followed the pirate all this way for a petty comeback. “just because i have a more refined sense of entertainment, doesn’t mean i-“ like a dog alerted to a nearby critter, her attention was taken elsewhere. eyeing the large shirtless sailor who wobbled out from the pub. his tan skin combatting bold, inky black lines that traced his torso and arms, making out small works of art and symbols throughout. lenore stared at him with confusion. gently grabbing at silverclaw’s sleeve, she gave it a small tug to get her attention. “how curious, did you see that gentleman?” lenore whispered in wonderment, keeping her voice quiet as to not draw attention, or potential offense. “what strange markings - or art? i’ve never seen anything like it.” she marveled, shooting a glance at silverclaw with the most inquisitive of stares, she continued to scan the crowd, finding that such marking’s weren’t exclusive to one person, but quite a few pirates who went about their business brandished a variety of similar body art.
        molotov

My pets
        My items
        My wishlist
        My gallery
        My scenes
        My dressups
        Trade with me

[⚔] oh she's pulling me into the fathomless deep,

Postby alphanea » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:23 am

xxxx Being left to sink or swim had such a positive effect on those that struggled with indecisiveness - at least the ruthless Silverclaw thought so, employing the tactics quite often upon her own crew or anyone else that required a little shove in the right direction. Unbothered by the reappearance of her insistent companion, Silverclaw merely cracked a sliver of a smile. "Ah, I see you've made up your mind," Just in time as well as they stood by the doors to the pub. Whatever contesting words Lenore had, Silverclaw had almost entirely tuned out Lenore's words as her eyes went wandering - there were many familiar faces as many as those foreign to her - searching for danger as well as, ah, opportunities. An easy mark, belongings left out in the open, 'job' openings posted maybe even decently attractive individuals that just fit Silverclaw's type. After all a true sailor was one who found love in every port - and this specific port was quite the spot for such activities. Her attention brought back to her current companion with a literal tug on the sleeve, Silverclaw turned around with a slightly puzzled look. "No," she replied honestly but perhaps with a slight feeling of annoyance to be distracted from her surveying with such innocent ramblings. "Markings - what are you on about? You mean tattoos?" Silverclaw spared a look towards Lenore briefly, one eyebrow lifted curiously. "I am aware of tattoos, yes. Have a one or two of my own, remind me back at the ship and I'll let you take a gander." With a wink, Silverclaw jerked her head towards the inviting doors where the sound of a fiddle and concertina spilled out onto the streets.
          xxxx It was the captain that stepped across the threshold first, quickly moving herself and Lenore in tow, towards where she had spotted the rest of her crew seated just moments ago. "Capt'n!" Greeted Harker, with his gruff voice and mug raised in celebration, his toothless grin flattering when his eyes fell upon who tailed her. "'Ere to order yer men a round?" the man built like a dwarf goaded, getting a bit of cheering and support from the rest of the crew perched nearby.
          xxxx "Only if you cover the next ones, Mr Harker," the captain echoed playfully, a content smile on her face as she took a seat across from the man and swung her legs out comfortably, leaving one open seat next to hers. "We wouldn't want your hard earned wages to be wasted at some gambling pit now, do we?" The captain knowingly shot a look at Harker, who instantly went a shade redder.
          xxxx "Along with the shirt on your back," Fletcher fake coughed into his fist, gaining a barrage of laughter in Harker's expense instantly - while the portly man looked akin to a tomato in his anger.
          xxxx "T'was one time!" he grumbled, pointing a finger in the face of his much taller friend, despite the height difference he was not quite a man to laugh into the face of. "One! Time!"
          xxxx "Oi, stop getting your breeches in a bunch." Katt chastised like the motherly figure of the group, shooting a stern look before turning back towards her drink. Silverclaw smiled slightly - this was as good a family as it got for her. Things could even get better if she managed to order something to quench her thirst.
        alphanea

My pets
        My items
        My wishlist
        My gallery
        My scenes
        My dressups
        Trade with me

[63] there's nothing i can do,

Postby molotov » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:36 pm

xxxx 𓆙 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄
            to say the noblewoman was puzzled over the discovery was an understatement. “tat-toos?” lenore echoed, eyeing the pirate up and down inquisitively, searching for any indication of the art but finding none present. any sign of flirting with the passing comment flew right over her head as she turned to observe those around them with more apparent works of art across their body. she would have more time to inquire of their purpose later, as of now, she had more pressing matters to focus on.
            entering into the worn walls of the tavern, lenore eyed the group waiting them with a sheepish smile, already feeling unwelcome amid the thieves. even still, she tried to find comfort in watching them interact with one another, much as she struggled to relate or understand the words uttered. following jacquelyn’s lead, the noblewoman quietly took her seat, maintaining an unassuming body language, posture straight and hands rested atop her lap. lenore scoured the grimy tavern with concern. the place didn’t seem entirely adequate to be selling beverages to customers. then again, this was her first time at a tavern. she suppose, when she looked past the grimed coated, criminal ridden look of the place - with some patrons looking fully capable of snapping her like a twig if she looked at them wrong. their was an oddly cozy feeling about it - maybe it was thanks to this group of thieves she now accompanied, their odd banter and dynamics were a nice to observe. humanized them beyond mindless toadies. it was a peaceful little moment, a joyous occasion of observing what human life was like beyond the icy cold walls of her home. for an instance she too felt a little more human being amongst them. alas, the peace would not last, at least not for the unfortunate captain of the crew. the little noblewoman sitting beside her would make sure of that, she thirsted for interaction of her own. lenore craned her neck, leaning in closer in hopes of getting the captain’s attention. “not to be a bother but, if i may inquire-” she started in the most polite, quiet tone she could muster without being drowned out by the noise around them. “is their anyone in particular who might be more accepting of the company of a highborn?” with no intention of stopping long enough for silverclaw to answer, lenore leaned in closer. “if so, who? moreover, what would be an appropriate way of conversing with them? is their any form of etiquette, or set of rules that i should be aware of - to avoid causing offense?” she inquired, staring down silverclaw as she babbled on without waiting for an answer to the growing mountain of questions filling up her brain and spilling from her mouth. “i have been told illiteracy is a prominent plight among commoners. of which case, shall i simplify my vocabulary to avoid discomfiture, or would such simplifications be an even greater slight to their intellect?“ her gaze drifted to the ceiling thoughtfully as she tapped her finger to her chin, pondering onward. “-or perhaps, i could go beyond the reduction of words all together, and aid them in expanding their own diction. what do you think?”
          molotov

My pets
          My items
          My wishlist
          My gallery
          My scenes
          My dressups
          Trade with me

[⚔] she's pulling me into eternal sleep,

Postby alphanea » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:36 am

xxxxThe chatter between Silverclaw's shipmates continued, sometimes erupting into laughter group-wise except for a few individuals that were the target of the somewhat offensive prods along with the more serious few among them. The captain smiled wickedly rather than indulging fully with the light-hearted bickering, keeping a level of professionalism while she still enjoying herself before there was even refreshments served. At least she did so, until Lenore butted in with an overly polite tune, shooting one question after another, giving the chatty pirate no chance to even answer one question before she was presented with two more - like a metaphorical hydra. With words stuffed back into her mouth each time she tried to get in an explanation, a suggestion - quite literally anything - the captain frowned, her attention already starting to wander away from the endless monologue spewed by the noblewoman. Too busy bickering among themselves, the crew were useless at solving her predicament - none of them took notice of her plight, even if they did, Silverclaw figured they weren't all too happy to offer help when it came to issues involving the noblewoman.
            xxxx Abandoned to her fate, Silverclaw shook her head, hardly believing that it was her turn to speak. "Hmm? What I think? I think-" Her already wandering eyes spotted something of interest, cutting her attention like a sharp knife through butter. The object of her sudden interest was, unsurprisingly for all that knew about her mannerisms, a woman, one of the barmaids to be exact, with short and scruffy blond hair sticking up and a rather large build consisting of descent amounts of muscle and fat where it mattered. Well hello there! With a smirk like a sly cat, Silverclaw stood up before realizing to announce her hasty departure and also finish that sentence she had already started. "That I need a drink. Maybe two." flashing a smile back to her table and straightening her attire, Silverclaw stopped in her tracks just briefly to address Lenore directly - worried that the noble might wander off on her own and cause another troublesome scene, somehow, somewhere. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be back - eventually."
            xxxx With a hasty departure, the pirate moved through the thick of the crowd, fixing her hair with a hand ran through it as well as her attire whenever a drunken patron stumbled near her. Sliding casually next to the bar, she awaited the barmaid to notice her presence - who looked up from the glass she was scrubbing with a smile on her charming features.
            xxxx "Oh! Hello there captain - it's been a while since the tides brought you to these shores," the minxy barmaid had a rather noticeable accent which was merely adding onto foreign charm.
            xxxx "So it has, snow lily," the captain purred out, trying her best to cover up the fact that the bartender's name was already lost to her with her confident and charismatic ways. Was it Karina? Camilla? It had been many months since she had last met the northerner lass so her memory was rather fuzzy (the excess consumption of alcohol during her last visit made things even worse) "Nice to see there's still some shining jewels amongst the muck," she purred, casually slipping a handful of coins onto the counter and pushing it towards the lady.
            xxxx "I assume you'll be getting the usual?" the name-less acquaintance asked, her smile still as bright.
            xxxx "Mhmm... make it a double though," casting a tiny glance backwards, towards where she had left her companions, Silverclaw sighed, her beaming self appeared defeated for just a split second. "I feel like I'll need it before the night ends,"
          alphanea

My pets
          My items
          My wishlist
          My gallery
          My scenes
          My dressups
          Trade with me

[64] here we go,

Postby molotov » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:34 pm

xxxx 𓆙 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐄
              a list of questions left unanswered, tragically that was the case for lenore. she wilted with silverclaw’s abrupt departure, if not a little hurt that she would find herself without an answer, only a command she sit and stay like a trouble prone child. left amid people who seemed keen to pretend she wasn’t there as they bantered onward. not all too unfamiliar, most noble gatherings she found herself quiet. listening, but never truly speaking words beyond rehearsed formalities, etiquette and surface level small-talk to get by. in times like these, she was reminded why she didn’t talk, she wasn’t very good at it, not really. ordered to stay put, her eyes began to wander the scene out of boredom. in this instance, they followed silverclaw as she made her way over to the bar. partly, out of concern for her safety (under the assumption unseen enemies might be nearby,) and the other side of her noticing of the self-preening taking place before she reached her intended person; a barmaid, and judging by the body language, she was doing more than merely asking for a drink- or two. there was an intense pang of betrayal that hit her chest, apparently silverclaw’s act of flirting wasn’t exclusive to her. while all logic said she should’ve remained unbothered by it, irrational thoughts and jealousy plagued her head and overwhelmed all reasonings she could possibly formulate. causing a bitter pout to curl it’s way across her features, staring daggers into the back of silverclaw’s skull. apparently some run-of-the-mill barmaid was just as eligible for romance as her? certainly one could bring up the difference in physical assets a reason for this sudden interest of silverclaw’s - if one did not consider social class but- god, what was she even thinking? this was all so wrong, all these intrusive thoughts flooding her head. an exasperated sigh escaped her, swiveling back to face the table just in time to meet the gaze of a very impish looking goldie. “well i’ll be damned, you’re totally smitten for her!” goldie exclaimed, pointing a finger at lenore with the realization. horrified, lenore frantically attempted to shush out her words, casting a frightened glance back over to jacquelyn in fear she had been outed. “n-no no, what is the matter with you? i’m not-“ goldie persisted with an interruption. “oh, don’t act like you haven’t been tailing captain like a lost pup.” goldie shot back, in a needlessly loud voice. red faced, by some miracle she had gotten a grip over her outward demeanor before she continued. “i fail to see how that implies my affection, i am unfamiliar to this environment.” lenore reasoned coldly, yet calmly behind an expression of reserved frustration, struggling to maintain eye contact. “alright, fine. whatever you say.” voice filled with sarcasm, goldie waved off the reasoning, unconvinced. letting a shifty eyed expression overtake her features, she leaned in as if about to let lenore in on a little secret. “but, between you a me, the best way to a pirates heart is by demonstrating your strength.” she suggested, brown eyes glinting with mischief. “-and by that you mean what exactly?” lenore muttered slowly, receiving a devious grin from the golden haired pirate, who eagerly gave her the answer as she leaned in closer. “it’s like this. find the biggest, nastiest looking scoundrel you can, and give ‘em a good ol’ trash talk. then went the moment is right-.” she balled her large hand into a fist, punching into her open palm. “bam! knock their teeth out.” such a demonstration was enough to make lenore flinch. “that’s barbaric.” she protested with a frantic shake of her head. a slight frown crossed goldie’s expression, leaning back into her chair disappointedly. “works for me, and you ain’t gonna get very far acting all prim and proper, now will you? well-behaved ladies rarely make their mark, you know.” goldie retorted with a snort, her spirits dulled by the noble’s unwillingness. she let out a dramatic sigh, shaking her head. “i don’t know what i expected out of a shrimpy little blue blood such as yourself, you’re clearly not cut out for this kind of lifestyle.”swiftly the pirate lady stood up from her chair. “now if you’ll excuse me-” goldie had started to conclude, though lenore wasn’t having it, sitting up just as quickly - though it only further emphasized the clear difference of eye level between the two. “after what i’ve done to aid you all, have i not earned your trust, some level of respect?” goldie cocked a brow, lowering to lenore’s eye level as if she were talking to a child. “take my advice, and you just might.”
            molotov

My pets
            My items
            My wishlist
            My gallery
            My scenes
            My dressups
            Trade with me

[⚔] we're sinking with graceful motion,

Postby alphanea » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:42 am

xxxxThe captain's relationship with this specific bartender - whose name still tauntingly slipped her mind - was one that had formed over several months, a few years even, in between brief visits to the very same establishment, those small breaks from pillaging and plundering, what Silverclaw liked to call an adventurous lifestyle. A brief chapter of flirtatious back and forth followed, with the barmaid's attention cut short with orders arriving here and there. A bit annoying, if Silverclaw had any say in the matter, but understandable, it was her job after all. As her glass emptied and almost magically refilled, the annoyance grew within the pirate (that and the fact that her name was yet to dawn on her, with the threat of her discovering her cutesy pet names were just devious attempts to cover up the fact ever present), driving her to excuse herself for a second with her mug in one hand, trying to entertain herself with another favourite past-time of hers: pickpocketing strangers by pretending to drunkenly bump into them. With an outlet for her innate kleptomania, Silverclaw staggered some into her first victim, an apologetic smile crossing her face as her talon lifted her hat off her raven tresses briefly - while her fingers snaked themselves out of the drunken sailor's front pocket, dragging along with them the handful of shillings, soon to be stuffed into her many pockets.
              xxxx The bumbling drunken idiots were basically her livestock, waiting on the silver-taloned thief to make her pick and take whatever she wanted. With her spirits raised once again and a pleasant buzz overtaking, Silverclaw feigned to be drunker than she was, masquerading among those so similar to her, her fingers discovering riches with every little collision, that is until she grew tired of her little act and turned her gaze back towards where she had left her companions. There, she had first lain eyes on an oddity. A mountainous obstacle, one trimmed with rather regal looking fringes, quite an oddity in comparison to the rest of the common folk that enveloped her - still, it had somehow managed to go unseen among the masses and would likely remain to be camouflaged had Silverclaw's gaze not chanced upon it. A curious tingle went through the pirate, urging her into a forward motion before she could stop herself. Perhaps it was the intoxication chasing after a thrill, or simply her intuition that blared that with an outward appearance as such was bound to yield a great bounty, no matter what it was that drove her boots to drunkenly step closer to the hulking figure without shying away, the result was unwavering regardless: feigning a collision and recoil, the pirate's good hand attempted to slip into the outer pockets, just as she had done so many times just moments before.
            alphanea

My pets
            My items
            My wishlist
            My gallery
            My scenes
            My dressups
            Trade with me