Poise and Rationality || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Poise and Rationality || 1x1

Postby Baelixx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:51 am

King Varian hears his words and turns to see the horses being lead away to the stables. He looks between Matthias and Rith before seeing the prince attend to his wife and daughter at the carriage.

"Thank you." Queen Jaina says softly before going to her husband's side. Aella follows and gives his hand a gentle squeeze, noting that his hands felt cold. "Thank you, Rith." She says before looking up to meet his eyes. "I'll see you in the morning." Is said in an almost whisper before she is leaving to go to her rooms.

"Ah, Prince Rith..." the King begins, placing a warm fatherly arm across the younger man's shoulders. "You are our honored guest here. Whatever you need or desire, just ask. After all, we are family now. And family is one of the greatest treasures." The king offers a warm smile before he pulls back. "Now Matthias will see you settled in nicely. I hope you get a good night's rest."

---xXx---

Dang it. He had heard her... with a laugh in her words, Aella replies "good morning!" Before the door opens and she quickly steps in, closing it behind her. "Whew... " she says, holding a set of pins behind her back. "They must've changed the lock..." is mumbled to herself before she turns to face him with a grin. "Alright, get dressed quickly. We have a busy busy day!" Is said enthusiastically. She was dressed in a much more simple way, without the pressure to show off to his father and their estate. A light blue dress with a black corset over the top and... were those boots? Her hair was pulled back from her face with a braid going down the middle, the rest of the soft brown locks spilling down her back. And she was exuding excitement.

It was now that she got a good look at him that the princess realized he wasnt fully dressed. Her eyes widened at first, lingering probably a bit too long on him before she squeals a little and covers her eyes quickly. A blush could be see between her fingers if he looked hard enough. "Eek! Sorry, I thought you would have been dressed by now..."
┏⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ┓
⭐️ѕane ιѕ тнe ιnѕanιтy мoѕт call
⭐️norмalιтy pυт ғorтн вy ѕocιeтy
⭐️yoυ woυld тнιnĸ wιтн all тнe genιυѕ
⭐️ and тнe вrιllιance oғ тнeѕe тιмeѕ,
⭐️we мιgнт ғιnd a нιgнer pυrpoѕe
⭐️and a вeттer υѕe oғ мιnd.
⭐️ѕoмe people never coмe clean,
⭐️ι тнιnĸ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean.
⭐️yoυ're walĸιng a wιre вeтween
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ looĸιng ғor love ιn-вeтween.
⭐️ ι υnderѕтand aвoυт ιndecιѕιon,
⭐️вυт ι don'т care ιғ ι geт вeнιnd.
⭐️ people lιvιng ιn coмpeтιтιon,
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:37 am

Caught!

Rith verry carefully maneuvers into a gray and blue shirt, aching. He rises, boots tied and finishes dressing with his weapon tied to his hip with a chain belt. "Good morning, Aella. " Is greeted, having heard her words to herself. "Did you sleep well?"

He had, better than he had in years, and as such many of his injuries had healed. Her blush is cute, he notes to himself, and he wants her to do it again. "I'm sorry-" deadpans the prince, "I'm not much to look at." But his lips twitch in amusement and he walks forward- until he gently takes her fingers into his, pulling her hands from her face. "You however, are as beautiful as ever. " And he privately ammends the statement, she is more beautiful than ever.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:39 am

With eyes still covered, she nods. "Oh, yes. I slept very well. I hope you did as well." Is said and she listens as he moves around to dress. His apology and she bite her bottom lip, shaking her head back and forth. "Nope. No need to apologize." Is started and the blush deepens only a little. "I-" she pauses herself, unsure if her next words would be welcome "I thought you looked quite nice." Is stated at last.

Her hands are pulled down so carefully, and Aella allows her eyes to open so she can look up to him. A warm and cheery grin finds its place on her lips and she chuckles. "Why thank you!" She hums before looking him over- she can't help it. "I think you're quite dashing yourself." She pauses a moment before her eyes widen. "Oh, right then! You must be hungry. We can go eat breakfast and then I wanted to show you around. I have a whole list of things you can choose from. Father is busy today, and I think Mother wouldn't mind me stealing you away as long as we dont do anything too dangerous." She is a ball of energy, each word seeming to come faster than the one previous. Excitement. It is a stark contrast compared to how she felt when her parents had first broken the news of their engagement. But now she knew him. And he wasn't mean or scary like she had feared.
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 am

He wonders if she suspects or if she noticed his injuries? "I did sleep well, thank you. "

Rith smiles at her enthusiasm, feeling his own excitement rise. The prince nods to her invitation, "I would quite enjoy spending the day with you My Lady." Is answered, but her offer of breakfast is what he hopes for first. "Breakfast sounds lovely." Is agreed happily, careful to walk at her side, the uninjured shoulder closer to her - so if he had to fight he would use his other arm. "I am prepared to entertain your nobles?" Questions Rith, certain he would have to; it is so engrained in him after all the years since his return... "will it be better to do so before or after our meal?"

Still, his knuckles tighten and whiten at the offer - would they take it? Would they require it?

He IS underweight, did she see? His father was a cruel man.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:08 am

She cant help but smile widely as her offer is accepted. "Oh good. If you had refused, I'm afraid I would have been terribly sad." She hums lightly, beginning to walk with him as she leads him to the dining hall for breakfast. The corridors sport various tapestries and paintings of the royal family and ancestors- including dragons. Suits of armor stand against the walls on display every fifty feet or so, and everything seems to be in the colors of blues, purples, or blacks.

His question has her looking up at him, and Aella's nose crinkles a little before she shakes her head. "Oh no no... that isnt necessary..." is said quickly. "We don't really do that here... it's more like we fight only to train, not necessarily for entertainment. Our entertaining comes in the form of singing or dance or magic tricks..." she tries to explain

Aella sighs a little before looking up at him rather seriously. "Hey, Rith?" A pause. "After we are married, I can promise you'll never fight for entertainment again. Only when you want or wish... and never to be forced." She offers a gentle smile. "And about that... is there anything that can be done about those wounds?" She had seen... but was trying to tread carefully to keep him happy
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Surprise pulls his steps up short, eyes wide, mouth a tensed line. Was she being serious? Honest? "I would hate to make you sad." Is responded slowly, uncertain. He knows standing so stiff and still causes a scene, however, it is all he can do to not kneel and bow before her - intently aware of the servers and her parents not a few yards away, able to see.

And she's mentioned music and dancing and magic of all things... Would he be accepted here? Would he be a freak, a ... monster? Then she speaks of fighting, and the lack thereof and he is silent a minute longer than necessary, (unable to find the words). "I.. I would like that very much." There is such longing and misery and hope in his voice. What would it be like to not fight?

He almost falls over at the question of his injuries. "I um.." Rith swallows, hard. "I... I don't know what to do." Hes aware - too aware - of the eyes on them. "Id... need..." and he is very afraid.

The prince swallows hard again; "Perhaps later your healer can put my shoulder back in?" Is murmured, unsure - though he is certain that his shoulder joint wasn't entirely placed correctly. Rith had managed to toss a supplement into his mouth that morning - and he has just enough for two weeks.

"Breakfast?" He finally reminds - he doesn't have to divulge his secrets. Not yet.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:05 pm

Aella looks up at him, eyes searching his expression for any clues into how he was feeling, what he was thinking. She listens, not paying attention to anyone or anything except him. For now, he was all that mattered. She nods slowly. "Okay. I'm sorry for putting you on the spot like that... but i... I am worried for you..." she eyes him moment. "we can go to the infirmary right after breakfast." Is agreed softly, quietly, with an eager nod. She is worried for him, but doesn't want to cause alarm for him or those around them.

And then the seriousness dissipates and Aella smiles gently. "Yes, let's eat some breakfast." She says with a nod before walking to the long table with him. Her Father, King Varian, sat at the head; with Queen Jaina to his right hand and two empty seats to his left for Rith and Aella.

As she settled down in her seat, Aella quickly eyed the set up of their table. Everything seemed to be as usual. Large bowls filled with various fruits and berries sat in the middle, spread out across the length of the table and waiting for those who wanted fruit with any meal.

"Itsnice of you two to join us." Jaina hums softly, and Varian chuckles. "Now you can't become too enamored so quickly, Aella." The King teases before reaching for a grape from the bowl nearest him, popping it into his mouth.

A blush sprawls across her cheeks and the princess puts on an expression near indignant. "Hey..." is protested.

"Hay is for horses, not princesses. Or soon to be queens, as a matter of fact." Her mother teases and the blush only deepens.

"Well." Aella begins, rather embarrassed at this point, especially as she hears her father chuckle in amusement. "As far as I know, and if the rumors are true, the pair of you were rather... rambunctious before your vows." Her eyes dance with amusement as she watches her mother and queen nearly choke on her sip of orange juice.

King Varian's laughter booms, echoing in the dining hall. "Oh goodness... she might have a point with that one, dear." He says with a loving look to his wife, who gently places her hand atop his. "Yes... yes she does. And a sharp one too." Is hummed.

Aella takes the moment to glance up to Rith, hoping and wishing that perhaps one day they could share something as special as her parents had...

"Ah, well, let's eat." Her father says, and servants are prepared with silver trays to set before each of them. A hot breakfast is uncovered, consisting of neatly folded omelets, buttered toast, and slices of smoked pork. It all looked delicious... Aella happily took a bite of her toast before looking back to Rith. "Go on... try some." She encourages with a warm smile before sipping from her cup.
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Riths cheeks pale at what he supposes will cause issue with the king - and ducks his head. But then the king is laughing and he can't help but to look up in surprised confusion. His father doesn't laugh, though he is familiar with laughter..

The prince is quiet, finally turning to his meal. There is strawberry jam on his toast; and he is too nervous about asking for it to be removed to say anything- he fiddles with his fork a long minute. "Ex-" the young royal clears his throat, "excuse me?" His cheeks remain pale, eyes downcast -- "am I, er, *required* to eat all that is placed before me?" Is finally asked, expecting punishment or at the least rebuke. He would eat it, if that is what is required of him, so as not to be rude... What do they expect of him? Last night the king had... almost... hugged him, called him their family. It had terrified him. Today... "I am unable to eat strawberries." His hands shake, causing the fork to clatter against the plate, and he quietly sets it down. How angry would they be? Rith hazards a look at the king and queen and quickly looks away.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baelixx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 pm

At his voice, the gaze of the three other royals pause on him, curious as to what their guest had to say. With the question, King Varian answers even as the Queen shakes her head 'no' in response. "Of course not. Only eat what you please, and nothing that you don't fancy." He says, dabbing at his lip with a napkin.

Aella blinks in surprise as his hands shake and the fork flatters, and she steals a glance at his food. "Oh, right. Prince Rith has an allergy to strawberries." She says, looking worriedly between her parents.

"Oh dear..." Jaina whispers, concerned and feeling sorry that they had served him something that could cause harm.

Without another word, Varian raises his hand and an attentive servant comes to gather the whole plate from before Rith, whisking it back away to the kitchen where it would be happily eaten by the servants. They usually are the same meal that they did, only in the kitchens at the tables instead of in the dining hall. Another steps in and places a new, fresh plate before Rith- without a strawberry or jam in sight.

"Thank you for bringing that to our attention, Rith." King Varian speaks. "I'll be sure it won't happen again." Is said in determination. And then the King and Queen resume their eating as usual.

Aella, on the other hand, sneaks her hand under the table to lightly touch her fiance's knee. "Don't worry about it, Rith." She whispers softly, hoping he wasnt actually feeling as scared as she thought he was. She hadn't seen anyone shake so nervously like that before...
⭐️paιn and deѕιre, and
⭐️ all ι wanт ιѕ тo нave
⭐️ мy peace oғ мιnd.
Baelixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 pm

His mouth hangs open in shock; Really? Theyre... apologizing to him? They... They're fixing it? They aren't calling him weak, or foolish or...
They- maybe they care? Maybe her father - the king - was serious about the whole family thing? His father never was; using it as a tool, a crutch, a WEAPON to get whatever he wants. Do they see that? Do they understand it?

He inhales and exhales, almost silently. "Thank you. " Then, a warm - if very shy - smile finds his face, lights up his borrowed eyes. The prince feels her hand on his knee and gently squeezes it, greatful, and feeling far more relaxed than he ever had before. Infact, his ridged posture changes just a teeny bit. And after evaluating his meal with nose and eyes he picks up his fork and eats - devouring it without a word until he is done.

"Thank you, Sire, Ma'am," his nerves are in overdrive. What if he messes this up? This is the best thing to happen to him... ever. He doesn't want to lose it, nomatter how brief this brilliant thing is.

He steals a look at Aella, then her father and mother: what would it be like if they were his parents, he wonders, and would they stay like this?

Would he and she have something like they have?

"May i... might I ask... I mean, I was wondering... what is, er, expected of me during my stay?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me