Voices in the Wind -- - Alpha* & Neb 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Voices in the Wind -- - Alpha* & Neb 1x1

Postby Nebelung » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:04 pm

The Tom watched, dripping, as the rain continued to pour. He almost hadn't heard his response, his tattered ears pricking as he tried his best to make out his words over the roar of the rain.

Moss. That must be one of the other cats. But something about his posture changed at the mention of a kit. They had a kit with them? In this weather?

He shook his soggy head, spraying water everywhere. "You can never trust no-furs. Some can be kind. Others take you away." He growled at that, before seeming to shake the idea away. "Is Moss nursing?" He sniffed. "She should have this, then." He prodded tbe squirrel. He didnt quite understand what words he was practically reciting, but they sounded somewhat familiar.

Perhaps... The Tom looked thoughtful, though his expression hardened, as if he were begrudgingly agreeing to some silent thing. "There are a few gardens back the way I was coming from. You may find what you're looking for. I ... know someone who may be there to help you."

At his suggestion, he seemed almost relieved. But his expressions always appeared sarcastic or grumpy even, due to the scars that marked him. Teeth were exposed on one side, and occasionally his tongue when he licked the water that dribbled over them. "I could stand to get out of this. Im starting to feel it in my bones. ...I could deposit the squirrel, and head towards the gardens with you."

He gave a massive shake. "I'm Sheriff."
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:25 am

What is a Sheriff? is wondered, but he's not a stranger to different names, is he? Lightning cackles across the sky and he spots the flash of teeth. Maybe it's a small smile. Maybe a threat.
but the dead aren't uttering warnings, just reassurance. is thought by the drenched spectre, "I will go in the morning to collect herbs, hopefully the storm will be passed." Fallen becomes quiet before saying, "come this way," he DOES pick up the raggedy squirrel and begins to limp his way back the way he'd come.

-->

The silvery cat shakes off under the lip of the swans' nest box before walking into the actual nest. "We have company," is said gently, noting that her paws are almost double their actual size. Is that from walking, or from infection?? He immediately smells the scent of blood in the air - after setting the kill down and looks ponderously over the den.

Moss is quiet, but murmurs, "it was my paw, I stood up to arrange the nest and I caught it on some of the wood. " the she-cat is mostly dry now, "and i... I found another kit in the water. " She flips her floofy tail away from her belly and shows a bright red kit that has to be the same age as the one he had toted so far. They're snuggled together and snoring.

Another?! Fallen just smiles softly, "you did good Moss." He pauses, "this is Sheriff, he caught the squirrel and offered it for you. Eat, " the kit needed us, I won't turn it away.

Her nervous eyes dart around the short haired cat to the large one; "Thank you, Sheriff, I'm Moss. These are my kits, Mallow and Moth." She dips her head and licks the two kits which are curled and dry and fat from milk at her belly. "Please, do come in out of the storm." There's a shy smile, "There's plenty of room."

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:45 am

Sheriff followed as Fallen turned away. Walking haltingly, he glanced skyward at the lightning crackling overhead. He didn't know where this cat was leading him, but he reasoned he'd be able to defend himself should things get a little out of paw. But, considering their state, and hearing how he spoke of the other cats, he figured he shouldn't need to expect trouble.

And it'd be nice to get out of the rain, at least for a short while.

As their presence was announced, Sheriff shook the worst of the water from his coat. He seemed surprised to pick up the warm scent of milk, then blood. Was she kitting? But as the explanation came, he discarded the thought, taking a moment to wash some water from his shoulder fur. That is, until he was introduced by Fallen. He paused mid-lick and looked to Moss, then the two bundles at her belly. "It's no trouble," he muttered, looking away. The sight of kits made the fur along his spine twitch, but it was hard to detect when his pelt was weighed down so heavily.

At the offer to enter, he shook out his coat again and slid inside, blinking gratefully at the two as he sat down and curled his once-fluffy tail around his paws. "It's quite the storm out there. I knew it was coming earlier, but I wanted to make sure I'd caught a good meal before it could start coming down." He gave a wet forepaw a few licks and used it to wring water out of his cheek fur. "What are a couple o' cats like you two doing out in this weather? And in this state?" He looked pointedly towards Moss' injured paws and Fallen's shoulder.

she | adult who fails at adulting | engaged ♥
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:38 am

She licks at the pair of kits again with a gentle tongue, this time claiming and cleaning instead of drying and reviving. Her eyes never leaving Sheriff as she gets the mud from their fur; Her belly pinches but she ignores it. Then, "will you share with me, Sheriff?" Is asked by the she-cat, already knowing that Fallen wouldn't take the offer. HE didn't catch it and was perpetually fussy about making sure others' needs are met... "i... id hate to have you starve. " Moss flips her fluffy tail back over the kits to keep them warm and extends her paws to the silvery cat for him to doctor, wincing slightly as he pulls a thick splinter from the one which she'd cut on the wood. She laps the single poppy seed from his paw pad and swallows it, while resisting the urge to pull the paw he is currently mending back to her chest. The calico and cream cat waits expectantly, knowing that she looks plump, but under her currently dull pelt she's skin and bones. Nevertheless she isn't a fresh kill hog.

Fallen sits back from attending her paws, frowning to himself and wishing for dry oak leaves for the swelling, or tansy, even mugwort. But wishing doesn't help anything, does it? Ive failed to provide again... some leader id make. "We aren't mates," is began after the lovely calico nods slightly, tucking her paws close. "though we have known eachother many moons. " He doesn't like talking, but he will, since he has to. "Moss used to live in a forest, as a clan cat. Do you know about the clans? Well, they were wiped out by an illness moons ago, one sort of like the rat sickness some cats get when they are in too much contact with them. Eat too many of them.. " He levels a look at the queen, blue eyes pleading. He really hates speaking. Better get used to it, hadn't he?? He has to make a new clan. Make it better.

"I was young and naive. And i got sick...while sick i padded out of the forest territory and to the thunder path. " she exhales, "I found Fallen, and... he.. he healed me, taught me to hunt some and to fight and eventually we left eachother. I wanted to find a new clan, but I learned that there were no others that survived the illness. With no clans left i... thought to be a loner. When he found me again, all by chance, i was an adult, had a mate named Fang.. " green eyes turn onto Sheriff, "Fang and I... ran into a bad group of cats, ones who thought themselves better and entitled to things. We were forced to join that group of rouges who called themselves the Mera," (it's a group Fallen known all too well, but he doesnt speak, just moves to another paw, trying to control the panic in his chest at their name, and trying to forget how he flinched.) " Fallen, he killed the leaders of the group, as they'd decided it was fine to kill any kits that weren't up to their... twisted standards. They looked for perfection, but they were kits. How could they not be perfect? I couldn't stop them, though I tried to, when they killed Pines' babies." Moss lays her head down, eyes full of grief, "these cats killed Fang, and after Fallen killed the leaders - ensuring that the group wouldn't continue, he took me away. Lost Fang and i's kits that day.... it was leaf bare then, and i chose to live alone, i was broken-hearted and bitter, we saw eachother in passing. Well, one moon i didn't show up to the meeting place that Fell here insisted on, so ive been told, he looked around. Asked around."

Fallen is trying and failing at mending his own hurts, and stops to speak, "upwalkers took Moss to their healer.. when she came back she was locked in a little den, it took me a bit to figure out how to get her out. She was, is, painfully thin... and.. they..." worry covers his expression for a split second.

The she-cat speaks again, "their medicine cat took my claws."; She extends one swollen paw where heavy cuts show that the pair aren't lying about that, "i was mostly dead, almost a moon ago... but Fallen carried me away from their - What is the thing called Fallen?"

"A cage." Says the silver cat quietly.

"He carried me like one does prey from the cage. He hid me in a garden for a week, then another where we ran back into Socks and Wasp. But we didn't know that there was a pack of dogs that'd taken over the area, THEY didn't know. Socks -" her throat clears, "she and I were friends after i lost Fang, back in the clutches of the Mera, before Fang died. When those rouges were wiped out thanks to Fallen she and her mate Wasp escaped too. I knew about it, but i didnt care then. I didnt know where theyd went. I didnt look for them. I knew that They were expecting kits too, I was so glad to know that they didnt -" grief robs her voice, "that they didnt loose their kits too. So when they ran into us, joined us, and they followed us... anyhow, i had been visiting with her mate, Wasp, and they told me about their kits. Told us." Grief fills her eyes, or maybe her sadness is just growing, "One morning
in the second garden, we heard baying, but thought we were safe. We didnt try to climb a tree. And those dogs burst in. Wasp tried to protect me, protect us, .. but.. the dogs tore him to pieces. Socks tried to run, carrying their other kits, Iris and Spider... they didn't make it. I had hoped she would make it to under the sunning ledge. I was hidden, with Mallow.. and Fallen came back from a hunt, he fed the rabbit to those horrible beasts. It bought us time as they fought among themselves. Then, he dragged us into the tree... but the dogs wouldn't leave, there was no where to go. No way to escape, no fence, no other trees. He tried to throw them off our scent, used himself as bait, tried to make them sick with his herbs. This morning...this morning they'd been run off by a human.. so we took the chance. We ran."

Fallen again speaks, "we ran all day, but ... the dogs found us this afternoon. " His whiskers twitch, "Eat, Moss." (And reluctantly she does, gesturing to Sheriff to join her, feeling guilty for eating his meal,) "I led us to a brick fence that the humans use, it was after sunset, and then it started to rain. " the silvery cats' shoulder is aching and he lifts the paw connected to it, "one of the dogs almost got her, so I clawed it, then, we traveled here." He leaves out how he'd gotten hurt. How much pain he is in. "After I got Moss and Mallow settled in a nest I went out to hunt and find herbs. I found you."

Moss looks up from the squirrel, thankful that the silvery spectre had opened it for her. "while he was gone I dangled my paws in the cold water, hoping to make them feel better. I heard a kit cry and thought it was Mallow, so I looked over my shoulder, only she was sleeping. I looked around and saw a tiny kit on a bit of wood and walked into the water, grabbed him, and swam back out. That's how I got Moth." She hesitates, pushing the kill towards Sheriff, "I got him cleaned up and warm. I got him fed... when the human medicine cat took my claws.. i... started... to develop milk. I was helping Socks and Wasp to feed their kits, as Socks had very little milk from malnutrition. It was the least I could do --" she swallows at the nodule of grief in her throat. "Is ... it is the least I can do."

He's finally done with her four paws, and leans tiredly against the back wall of the den, his injured shoulder carefully untouched. What else is there to do with it? He'd survive, or he wouldn't, and it doesn't matter either way.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:23 pm

Sheriff merely shrugged as the she'cat offered him to share with her. It wasn't his custom, sure. But perhaps it was theirs, and he waa hungry. He crouched down to eat a few bites of squirrel, leaving the softer pieces for her to eat so she wouldn't need to work hard to eat.

The fact that they weren't mates surprised him. Sheriff didnt often make it a habit to hang around she'cats that he didnt know well, and especially if they bore kits he didnt know the origin of. But this was a different encounter altogether, and he couldn't help but be curious. Especially when it came to Fallen. What exactly was his deal? He chewed his mouthful thoughtfully, listening as they spoke.

"I've heard of Clan cats, all right." His tongue rasped over his exposed teeth, bare due to his scarred face. "But ... In all honesty, I've yet to see them in a good light." He looked to Moss, pondering if they'd injured her, or the parents of the kits they were looking after. He wasnt sure whether he could feel badly that the Clan cats had been wiped out. He wasn't terribly sympathetic, not to Clan cats.

He tensed slightly at the mention of a group of rogues, listening intently for any description of them. But, as he learned their name, he visibly relaxed. Not the cats he seemed to know. But as he heard of Fallen's ability to kill, he faced him, suddenly wary. He could kill? Maim, or injure, sure. But murder? Moss didnt see this as a threat?

He listened as Moss explained their history, and what had led them to this point. His expression was unreadable for most of it, aside from occasional flares of rage. Especially st the mention of kits being killed, and the No-furs taking her claws.

His claws flexed, scoring lines in the ground beneath them. "I have heard of cats losing their claws to appease the No-furs around them. But ive never heard of a cat bearing milk because of that..." He eyed Moss for a moment before he looked to Fallen, seeing him slouch against the back of the den. "So what now? Do you plan to stay here until the swans come back? Or the park No-furs drive you away?"

He could tell them about ... No, no. Because what if Fallen...? He'd never forgive himself. "And what about you? She's clawless, and nursing. These cats will need protection. And if that wound gets much worse..." His gaze flit to his shoulder wound. "Do you want help?"
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:24 am

A slight, sweet smile finds her face when he begins to eat with her; she hates to eat alone! But quickly it is gone when she thinks about his words and his tone.

Is he calling her a liar? "You have no reason to believe either if us, Sheriff, and if you wish to go or wish to stay no cat here will even lift a paw to stop you." Is promised warmly, "it doesnt - wont - reassure you much, " is laughed lightly at herself, "but we are good cats, really. Despite what we have been through. " Carefully she rakes some of the soft bedding around the pair of kits to support them and stands, wincing in pain, turns and readjusts herself so that she can look at the stranger without craning her neck. She's taking a breath when his full body twitches, like a stiffled urge, her eyes fix on the silver spectre. Fallens' at war with himself; it shows in one ear flicking (and staying) backwards. It shows in the way that once blue eyes loose all color, and if it weren't for the bright testimony of blood he could disappear. (He doesn't have a scent, after all.) Those monochrome eyes don't miss the scores in the wood of the swans' house, doesn't miss the swipe of a pink tongue over exposed teeth, never stopped calculating what caused those scars or estimating (judging) the cat that had survived those injuries - likely without a healer. "Fallen!" Calls the she-cat sharply (though in an undertone), her eyes bright and focused on him, noticing the teeny details that don't give away anything but how he's thinking. "Sheriff is a friend. " Details that take a lifetime to memorize and to recall. Ones that only the most intimate of friends would notice and know.

A friend. is mentally, solomnly, agreed as he straightens his slumped posture with a crooked half-smile of thankfulness or reassurance (which as quickly as its there its' gone.) "You must have quite a collection of questions, elder." Is decided instead of answering the questions immediately, tone respectful. How he despises questions! His long life had been mainly conversed in one of two ways; a pile of bones or a disappearance. Fallen doesn't offer much of himself as he stands on his backlegs alone, pulling his uninjured arm about himself and rips the shining, yellowed tooth from his shoulder before dropping back to his previous position with a mild gritting of his teeth. The tooth clatters against the wood. "My plan is to go to the land I was born in, Moss agreed to come with me, should she change her mind then i wish her joy." is responded at last, the color returning to his eyes in thin tendrils, "the territories past the mountains. " He inhales through his nose, it's a quick breath, "its a place where dogs and nofurs - as you call them - rarely come. They don't live there. Its... safer. Less reasons to run, or hide. No living in such fear. Living in the shadows." Even she hadn't known that information: Where he is from. Or is it just where his once-mate had lived? Fallen becomes quiet before repeating, "surely you have questions you want answered, Sheriff." A pause, "we will answer them." He is aware that they'd- he had - been asked a set of questions already. He finally pulls his ear back to the front, tucks his tail around his oddly shaped paws. He can't stay here. He can't- "she will, I mean."

This cat doesn't trust him. Doesn't like him. And who would? He's killed easier than most cats can breathe or speak. It's better if he doesn't stay in the den. SHE would be better off here, with Sheriff, wouldn't she? Leaf and Star ~ "You can tell him everything, Moss, yes, everything. Its alright." His whiskers tremble, " It's late and someone should keep watch, I'll be back at dawn." He rises, "if you need me, call out. And Sheriff? If you wish to talk to me in the morning I will listen." He moves like water, unsubstantial and without another sound he's gone. (He doesn't hear as she speaks about him. He doesn't WANT to hear.)

She stares after him, pale green eyes full of worry. "Why does he always run?" Is wondered plaintively, "He's not so... comfortable.. with touch, hasn't been for moons. I wonder what happened?" Is mused before she takes a deep breath. "Or really, with... others." Those green eyes turn back to Sheriff, already noticing how the kits squirm as they begin to wake up. "I trust Fallen with my life, whatever is left of it. He's a cat with a unique past and a very.... disconcerting life. He's the best to have beside you in times of trouble and the worst to have against you. He's different, occasionally difficult, but he is utterly trustworthy." Her paws' swelling is going down, the pain is less. "He's only ever killed those who didn't deserve to live, kit killers. I don't know, exactly, all of what happened to him then, or actually most of his life. Fallen has always been where he's most needed, there for others who need help. I.... I really don't think he knows how to accept help, let alone ask for help, he's been very hurt. If ever he let's you share tongues, share comforts... he's littered in injuries, some fresh like the dog tooth -" There's a nod of her head to the yellow canine, "some so old I don't think even he remembers all of them." The rain is less, a mist instead of a deluge, and the sounds of night are beginning to create a symphony. "He isn't innocent, Starclan knows it, but he is a good cat. Shhhh little ones, "The kits stretch and mewl for milk, their little paws still tender from being just born, and noses still pinked. Her muzzle dips down, guiding the young ones to her belly where they nuzzle and then suckle greedily, "you don't have to stay on the wooden belly of this den, Sheriff, there is plenty of room." An easy smile that is wiped away, "nothing I say would convince you, I'm sure, I wish I could just show you his character. I wish things were easy and we had a home. I wish Fallen was happy and the world was kind. I wish there was something I could say to convince you of my sincerity..."

---
((Ooc -Can Sheriff invite Moss to stay, and then a day or so later can Fallen save Sheriff or maybe someone he knows?))

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:29 am

(sure!)

Sheriff studied Moss for a moment, his gaze dull with thought. "It's not... that I don't believe you. Clearly, I can see the evidence of your troubles. But..." He shift his gaze to Fallen. How could Moss trust him, when he could easily dispatch a cat without thinking much more about it? Suppose he grew tired of taking care of this little family? The kits tread too close to him for too long?

The tom didn't even have a scent! How untrustworthy is that?

Sheriff bristled slightly as he was referred as "elder." Although he was up there in age, "elder" suggested he was a lazy lump biding his time until it ran out. And he was adamantly against that. He watched Fallen through narrowing eyes, a small glimmer of interest lightening them as he heard of Fallen's plans for the little group. "Territory... past the mountains?"

Sheriff gazed at his paws, face thoughtful. Fallen had been born there? How long ago? ...No, he couldn't possibly... Sheriff studied the tom for a moment as he went on to pass the torch, as it were, to Moss, before he went out to sit guard for the night. A cat that continuously puts others before himself, at his own expense. Was it that he valued their lives, or that he didn't value his own? Why was he in an awful hurry to die?

As Moss spoke on Fallen's behalf, Sheriff settled down where he was, curling his raggedy tail around his side and tucking his paws beneath his thick belly fur. He swiped his tongue over his scarred muzzle a few times more, making sure there was no remain of squirrel behind. He considered her words as she spoke to him, explaining Fallen more than the cat had offered himself. But still, something continued to jab at him, like a twig jutting up from his nest and prodding his belly repeatedly. He was convinced one of these cats wasn't telling the truth. And as Moss tended to the little helpless scraps of fur at her belly, Sheriff couldn't help but feel she was.

Cats like Fallen meant trouble for others, one way or another. "I've seen your kind before. Cats looking for someplace to call their own, and trying their best to get there. Maybe they make it there, at the expense of some of their group." His gaze hardened for a heartbeat, but it was gone as quickly as it came on. "Maybe they never do. ...You seem like a good cat, Moss. As good as any, with a heart larger than yourself." Which only made him more worried for her and the kits. If Fallen didn't take care of himself, yet was their sole provider of safety and protection, what happens when the luck he's been riding on eventually wanes?

He watched the kits for a little while longer, an ear swiveled back to listen for Fallen. He leaned closer, lowering his voice to a gruff whisper. "I want to propose an offer to you. Only you -- and these kits." He lift his gaze to meet hers. "You must be exhausted. Fallen even more so. Why don't you stay with me, here? Maybe not this location, but... I know these lands well. I know where to hide, and where to hunt. The kits can grow big and fat and healthy on prey that we know is here. Why put yourselves through the agony of a trip that I fear not everyone will be able to survive?" He looked down at the kits again. They were small, and frail. Still needing milk. How could they possibly make a journey like the one Fallen was proposing? "Like I said, I've seen this before. And I'd hate to think the loss of a cat could be prevented entirely if only decisions were made for the better of the group, instead of chasing whatever wild ideals may be going on in a cat's head."
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:51 am

(Thanks!)

Moss is quiet far longer than she probably should be, and when she speaks its... in a defeated tone. "I owe him my life, Sheriff, as many cats do." If only they would bear testimony to Fallens Character.. she thinks plaintively, green eyes full of grief. The queen casually grooms the bright red kit, as she considers what to say. "We didn't plan to go until Mallow and her siblings didnt need my milk anymore.... but then Socks and Wasp died, so they are mine... so now we are waiting until both kits, were a moon or three older. Perhaps even to wait until New Leaf before leaving the two-leg places, their large camp i mean." Begins the lovely she-cat, "I trust him fully, with my life and theirs Sheriff, he's level headed, mostly... and he doesn't lie. How many cats can you say don't lie?" Is asked rhetorically, but quits speaking when he meets her gaze for the first time. What is going through his head? And suddenly she's hearing what the stranger is thinking and she wonders if he doesnt trust Fallen. If he... thinks he's a threat? His bristling has her half over the drowsy kits, cringing as she waits for pain. - of course it's nothing that the silver spectre has ever done, but he doesn't know that - and slowly does the calico queen settle, worry in those vibrant eyes.

At the expense of someone in the group? Fallen would die before he let's anything happen to those he cares for! She'd seen him go to war time after time... Moss takes a deep breath, feeling the poppy as it makes her tired - tireder than she already was - "I don't think he planned for us... to be here, in this... two-leg almost cage.. "

But what about the kits? What about those DOGS??? What if they found here? What if she LOOSES her kits, again?? (Her heart clenches painfully. )

"This... place you speak of. Is it safe from twolegs and dogs?" Her whiskers tremble, "are... are there more kits? Are there... many... in your group...?" She's nervous, afraid to be cast out, and swallows, "do they... need to know... that I've adopted these kits, or... about my... condition?"

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:37 am

Sheriff listens to her speak on behalf of her friend again and again. He couldnt doubt that they were friends, nor that Fallen cared for Moss and cats around him. But no cat was just that selfless. There had to be an ulterior motive. And considering the kits, he didn't want to see how far a cat could go before lives were in jeopardy. Innocent lives.

He glanced again to make aure Fallen wouldn't overhear, then leaned closer, noting the she'cat tense and curl more protectively over the little bundles of fur at her belly. For a fleeting moment, he wondered if his outward appearance had frightened her. But Moss didnt seem the type.

"I... I meant here, with me." He scuffed a paw in the grass. "I've survived here well enough on my own. I know the best places for prey, and where to hide during the worst of storms, or twoleg patrols." He looked down at the kits. "My son was more the traveling type than myself. I ventured now and again. But why leave someplace youre sure of for another you've never seen? If you're always chasing a dream, how will you know when you're there?"

she | adult who fails at adulting | engaged ♥
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Here? is wondered almost plaintively, but Fell said this place wouldn't remain safe past a moon. And hes never wrong. What then? Will the two-legs steal my kits? Will dogs kill them? Those green eyes flit to the pair of VERY different kits and then rest on Sheriffs' marred face as she considers his words and what to say next. He doesn't trust Fallen, and nothing i say will convince him. But.. it's true, to keep milk for these two i definitely need prey... and he's not much of a hunter. Even if he is resourceful.

Moss notes the two less than a month old kits have finally gone to sleep, and she wonders if they feel safe with her. of course they do. "so it's just you and occasionally your son?" Is asked almost timidly. Would they really be welcomed?? "That sounds nice." Her last experience with a large group has left her wary, the Mera weren't to be trifled with. "I trust Fallens' judgement. " because if he's left her with this complete stranger than he must think that she and the kits are safe. He must have an idea of what they'd talk about. "He always spoke of a safe place, when asked, with grassland and forests, plenty of good water for drinking and swimming. I... don't want my kits to.. to be taken by the humans, Sheriff. I don't want them to be hurt like I am."

Last bumped by Alpha* on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:30 pm.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me