Around the Unknown | 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Around the Unknown | 1x1

Postby _humblebumble_ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:28 am

┏━━━━━━━━━━━| Around the Unknown |━━━━━━━━━━━┓Image
┖━━━━━━━━|1x1| _humblebumble_ + nalgene|━━━━━━━━┚
Not many are aware of the supernatural that exist secretly within
society, but the ones who know are wary, they know how dangerous
it is to be around them. Because of this, bounty hunters exist to get
rid of them, to keep people safe. Although, the creatures have the
ability to disguise themselves as humans, so anyone could be dangerous.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Around the Unknown | characters

Postby _humblebumble_ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:45 am

━━┏━━━━━━━━━━━━| Main Characters |━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━.Image..........................
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━.━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━.Emmett Colson
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━.bounty hunter
━━━━━━━━
Rhett Bishop
nephilim

━━┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━|Supporting Characters|━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━Kharla Colson | Emmett's younger sister
Last edited by _humblebumble_ on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Around the Unknown | Rhett

Postby nalgene » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:51 am

───────────────
name. rhett bishop

pronouns. he/him
sexuality. bisexual

age. twenty-seven
height. 5'11"

species. nephilim
presents as human

--

faceclaim. hunter doohan
───────────────
--
──────────

POSITIVE TRAITS
text text text text text text text

──────────

NEUTRAL TRAITS

──────────

NEGATIVE TRAITS

──────────

The child of a human woman and a fallen angel,
Rhett grew up unfamiliar with the greater
supernatural presence in the world. He's
integrated himself into the supernatural
underbelly of the world, but not without
consequences-- human culture can be cruel
and often turns a blind eye to the troubles
of their monstrous neighbors.
─ ⚜ 🙘──────────────────
────────────────────🙚 ⚜ ─
text text text text text text text text text te
─────────────────────────────
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
██│█
██│█
██│█
██│█
██│█
██│█
In his nephilim form, he has large white wings with feathers that extend down to the
small of his back. His forearms and lower legs darken (kind of like point markings) and
his teeth look more like fangs. His eyes take on a golden tone.
─────────────────────────────
nalgene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Around the Unknown | Emmett

Postby _humblebumble_ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:12 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━.Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
bounty hunter . she/her . twenty eight
cis female . pansexual . 5'8 . brown hair and eyes
face claim: Eiza González
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ about her ━━┓
......Emmett is a very dedicated person. She will do whatever she
......needs to in order to get the job done. Although, she is usually
......kind. She considers herself more of a protector or humans
......rather than anything else. Her goal is simply stop or prevent
......things like what happened to her family from happening to
......anyone else. She isn't always the most observant, though she
......has not failed any of her bounties in the past. She is somewhat
......well known, being recognized by other bounty hunters and
......occasionally humans who know about the supernatural. She
......isn't the strongest but her dedication to protection typically
......leads to her being liked. She is easily swayed by sob stories
......and does a lot of jobs for free, especially for families as she
......sees her own family in them.
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
━━ backstory ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Emmett grew up with her parents, Mauve and James, as well as her
two siblings Kharla and Eric. Emmett was the oldest sibling, while the
other two were twins four years younger than her. The Colson family
was close, and very supportive of each other. Unfortunately, when
Emmett had just turned eighteen, the family was attacked by some
sort of supernatural creature. The only two of the five of them to
survive the incident being Emmett and Kharla. Kharla only being
fourteen at the time lead to Emmett having to drop everything to
care for her. She turned her focus on the supernatural, quickly she
became obsessed with the concept of revenge. Having not known that
supernatural creatures existed before this incident she spent years
studying them and discovering whatever she could. Eventually, once
Kharla was old enough not to have to rely on Emmett, she finally
used all the knowledge she had gained of the supernatural to become
a bounty hunter, someone who hunts down the inhuman creatures
in order to keep the world 'safe'. She has not found the one that tore
her family apart.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rhett | 01

Postby nalgene » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:43 pm

The workday was finally over. Rhett shut the lid to his work laptop and pushed it away, leaning back in his desk chair. His mind had wandered for the last several hours through a number of unimportant tangents, but always came back to the Thai restaurant a few blocks away. Now that he was free for the evening, the last couple hours of pointless emails and pretending to work seemed a worthwhile sacrifice in exchange for an order of drunken noodles. He stood and sauntered out towards the door, stretching as he walked. He tugged on a pair of sneakers and a jacket and headed out.

Nights like these were his favorites, weather-wise. The air was crisp but definitely not cold, and the sun wouldn't set for another two or three hours. He took the long way over as a welcome reprieve from his routine, making note of a few shops to check out some other time. The first dinner rush had subsided by the time he reached the restaurant, so he got to place his order straight away. He stood outside checking his phone until one of the servers peeked out at him, takeout bag and Thai iced tea in hand. This time, he'd take the most direct route-- the noodles were more important than finishing his walk or anything else.

A number of shops in the area belonged to supernatural owners. They were subtle if one, like most humans, didn't know what to look for-- and why would one look? It was normal for small business owners to be a little quirky, to take unique or unexpected days off. To have a handful of loyal customers keeping them afloat. Take for example, the coffee shop two blocks from him that was usually open late (he should know, he was there often). It made perfect sense for them to be closed tonight-- it was a full moon, the family that ran it were werewolves. He was, however, surprised to see someone loitering outside-- didn't she know? Unless she wasn't... well, didn't hurt to stop and check.

"If you're waiting for them to open, they're uh, they're closed tonight." He tried to keep a respectful distance so as to not startle the woman.
Last edited by nalgene on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
nalgene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Emmett [01]

Postby _humblebumble_ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:59 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Emmett Colson
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
bounty hunter . she/her

Emmett shakes out the cramp in her hand, not used to writing so much in her notebook in such a short amount of time. The move to a bigger city was definitely a risky choice, while there are certainly more targets, everything is more expensive than back at home and she has to find way more bounties than usual in order to keep up. That, or she’ll have to get a part time job. Shivering at the thought, especially as memories of her almost constant stream of different jobs trying to keep herself and Kharla fed resurface, Emmett refocuses her attention back to her notebook.

She has a few open bounties right now, but for the most part she’s been scoping the place out and writing down everything she notices that might be suspicious. A lot of the people she’s met could very well be secretly inhuman, hiding within society until they can take their next victims. Some things she writes in her notebook could be completely normal, but she wants to note them just in case. For example, the coffee shop she’s currently standing in front of as she writes.

It is suspicious of the establishment to be closed on a full moon for no particular reason, so they could be dangerous, yet at the same time they could have a perfectly valid reason for it. Emmett doesn’t have any bounties for any werecreatures currently, so she decides she doesn’t have to investigate further for now. She simply notes it down as weird and moves on.

Being constantly alert to her surroundings is one of Emmett's most important traits as a bounty hunter, so she notices right away when someone walks up to her. Emmett turns around after being spoken to, and smiles in a hopefully friendly and inviting way.

“Right, thank you! I’m new here so I don’t have the lay of the land yet,” she jokes, subtly looking the man up and down to try and see if anything about him is suspicious. She doesn’t typically like judging someone right away, because in most cases they are humans, but she’s in work mode so she can’t help it. He seems fine though, so Emmett doesn’t note his presence in her book.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rhett | 02

Postby nalgene » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:38 am

"No problem," he said, giving her a nod and continuing on his way. Clearly, he thought to himself as he walked. He tried to push the interaction out of his mind, but... okay yeah she was really suspicious. When they reopened later this week, he'd stop by and see if anyone had noticed anything out of the ordinary lately. No use deliberating on any of this until he had more information.

Rhett rounded the corner and switched the iced tea to his other hand, fishing his keys out of his pocket. He unlocked the front door and went straight for the stairs, not bothering with the elevator. He'd only used it when he moved in, and even then, only for his largest furniture-- the carriage creaked and rattled the entire way up to the third floor, and even stopped without warning one time. It resumed its upward crawl after a few minutes, but since then he'd resigned himself to the stairs. Three flights wasn't that bad, anyways.

He let himself into his apartment, kicking off his shoes and locking the door behind him. The drunken noodles were still warm when he took them out of the bag-- some of the ice had melted in his tea, but that was okay. He popped the lid off of the takeout and grabbed a fork before settling in front of the TV with his dinner. He put on the next episode of the show he'd been watching before he started eating.

He remembered, after taking his first bite, to bless his meal-- one of the benefits of his angelic lineage. It was good enough to do so. As far as he knew, all nephilim had the ability to work minor miracles; they all used it for dumb stuff like this too, to his knowledge. He'd now have enough left to put away for later. Rhett tried to avoid doing this too often-- otherwise he'd end up with way too many leftovers in his fridge.
nalgene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Emmett [02]

Postby _humblebumble_ » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:40 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Emmett Colson
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
bounty hunter . she/her

Emmett watches the man leave for a moment before turning back to her notebook. She’s written everything there is to write about a closed building, which is to say not a lot. Shrugging, she closes her notebook and shoves her pen back into her pocket. As long as she’s noted it down as suspicious then it doesn’t matter how much details she writes.

She’s been doing this all day, so Emmett decides it’s probably about time to head home. Her apartment is only a ten minute walk from the coffee shop, so she turns around and heads that way. The place is small, and she lives in one of the basement suites, so her apartment isn’t exactly luxury, but it’s affordable and more importantly a roof over her head.

The key to the front door of the building almost constantly gets caught, but Emmett has been getting better at wiggling it in the correct pattern to get it to unlock on the first try. She takes any win she can get, even if it’s simply her getting into her own apartment building marginally faster.

Once Emmett is finally in her apartment, she tosses her bag onto the couch, and her notebook onto the table. After a quick change into more comfortable clothes, Emmett sits down next to her bag on the couch and pulls her laptop onto her lap. Whenever she writes in her notebook she typically likes to copy the most important stuff onto her laptop, wanting multiple copies of her writing. It helps her to keep track of things, and will be beneficial if she ever loses track of her notebook somehow.

Once she’s finished copying things down, she decides to message her sister just to see how she’s doing. It’s been a while since the two of them have lived together, yet old habits die hard. They talk almost daily, with Emmett typically asking her how she’s doing.

Hey Kharls! How are you!’ she writes, sending it off right away. While waiting for a response, Emmett checks what she has in the fridge, craving a snack. She’ll probably have to go shopping soon, her fridge looking a little empty.

She did get quite a few jobs done before her move, in preparation for having to pay damage deposits and the likes for her new apartment, so she has a little bit of money stored up. She’ll probably have to get cracking on the few bounties she’s managed to snag while living here in order to keep up. Emmett hums, trying to plan her next few days out in her head.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rhett | 03

Postby nalgene » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:26 pm

Finished eating, Rhett paused the show he was watching before the next episode could play. He carried the half-full takeout container into the kitchen and snapped the lid back on, then stuck it in the fridge. Things were looking a little sparse-- he started making a shopping list in his head as he walked into his bedroom.

He changed into more comfortable clothing, stopping halfway to unfurl his wings and stretch. They emerged quickly, painlessly, from his back and filled the room, almost touching parallel walls. Shifting into his angelic form took more energy than he'd like, but it helped release any tension from the day. It was a nighttime ritual of sorts. He switched back after a few minutes, finished getting dressed, and walked back out to the couch. It was, after all, much easier to not have giant wings.

He spent the rest of the night deciding what games to play and then actually playing them. None of his usual teammates were online for any of the multiplayer games he liked, so he settled for storyline progression, picking up and completing missions instead. The next time he looked at his phone, it was late-- late enough that he knew he'd regret staying up later. He logged off, finished his nightly routine, and flopped into bed.
nalgene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Emmett [03]

Postby _humblebumble_ » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:19 pm

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Emmett Colson
┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
bounty hunter . she/her

Emmett can’t stop feeling like she’s missed something. The feeling bothers her for days, a lot of her afternoons spent pacing her small apartment back and forth. She doesn’t typically feel this way, so she isn’t sure what exactly is causing it.

She could simply blame her recent move, since packing is stressful and she’s been exposed to all sorts of new things that could cause anxiety. Emmett doesn’t easily accept this possibility though, not used to letting a small feeling like this consume her. Emmett tries to find the source of the pestering thoughts, tracing back everyday that has passed and trying to remember if anything had felt odd.

It takes her a few rereads of her journal to finally pinpoint the time this feeling started. The coffee shop. It’s been a few days since the full moon, the day that Emmett had noticed them being closed.

Although, she has no idea why the coffee shop would be bothering her like this. It had been a pretty normal day and she doesn’t think anything had stood out as especially off, other than them being closed. Which, again, could have been completely normal.

Emmett knows that she shouldn’t be so bothered by it, but she also knows that the feeling will keep annoying her until she resolves it. Her instincts have helped her out thus far, so she wants to trust her gut. Besides, going to a coffee shop and getting some coffee doesn’t sound too bad, so even if her feeling turns out to be nothing, she will get a nice break out of it. Her constant stressing the past few days has been incredibly annoying, and even Kharla had called her out for it. Something about her text messages having a strange vibe or something.

Emmett sighs, finally deciding to get out of her pajamas, now is as good a time as ever to finally double check the coffee shop and lay her worries to rest. She gets dressed, packs her things, and starts the short walk to the coffee shop. Her notebook is safely in her bag, ready should she see anything strange and need to document it. Of course, she won’t, but it’s good to be prepared.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me