War of the Wolves [Roleplay Area]

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

War of the Wolves [Roleplay Area]

Postby belloblossom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 pm

Discussion Thread: War of the Wolves - Discussion/Chat

Season: Summer
Time of Day: Dawn has just shed it's first morning light over the pack territories.
Weather: Hot and sunny - it's not rained for the better part of two weeks and the air is dry and uncomfortable.

----

This RP will not begin until sunhorse99 has made their introduction posts with their characters. Any posts made before sunhorse99 posts will be ignored and a warning issued to the players that fail to listen to this notice.
belloblossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: War of the Wolves [Roleplay Area]

Postby sunhorsestar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:32 am

FIRST POST

OOC: All my characters are open to tagging. Let the roleplay begin!!!

IC:

Shadow | Alpha | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

The sun was up, but Shadow for the longest time lingered in her den. She was for once at peace. Her son had been home for a few months now, the Pack was well fed in the summer, and the days were pleasantly warm. She didn’t want to ruin it yet with all the usual Pack drama. However, what would they think if their Alpha of all wolves hid herself away in her den all day?

With little choice, Shadow twisted to groom back her fur and slipped out of her den. She squinted against the sudden bright light and turned her gaze on the clearing that was the main area of their camp. A few wolves were up and about already, as expected, and oh it was nice to see a peaceful day, especially with some of the starts of drama going on with their rivalling Pack, pushing the borders enough to have roused her suspicion.

Toby | Lead Hunter | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Toby examined the prey pile in front of him. Not low, but not particularly well-stocked either. Some rabbits and various types of birds, an elk leg still left over, the closest thing to a piece of large prey they still had left over. Bringing in good prey for their considerably sized Pack would be worth the time and effort it would take right now, so he turned and scanned to see if any of the other Hunters had woken yet.

"Hey! Any Hunters up for a trek? Food's gonna go down by tonight and I don’t want us to be short." Toby was only a little over a year and a half old, and was quite honestly surprised he’d been assigned the role of a Lead, but he’d carried it with pride and comfidence so far.

Smoke | Warrior | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Smoke woke at the sound of a voice. She was no Hunter herself, but she figured if wolves were going to talk outside, she wasn’t about to get any more sleep, so she roused herself and pushed her way out of the Warriors' den, shaking moss scraps out of dark grey fur. She had never worried about keeping her fur clean and neat. The others could think whatever they wished!

"Good mooooorning!" She chirped. Just because she refused to be the only one to be woken up by idle chatter. Oh. That and it was genuinely a good source of amusement. An old habit Shadow had TRIED to chase out of her as a Trainee and had never quite succeeded.

Leo | Warrior | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Leo was already up, but rolled his eyes at the sound of Smoke's loud, boisterous voice. He’d trained alongside her in the last legs of her own training, when he was just starting out, so he had come to accept her weird antics more than SOME wolves, but that didn’t mean he’d like to be on the receiving end. It saddened him in a way to be the younger of the two, to be considered still young and immature, yet to at the same time have more maturity than the young grey Warrior.

Leo examined the prey pile and blindly tugged out a…fish? Since when did they keep FISH? The only wolf who actually even knew HOW to fish was…well…Fish.her own contribution to the Pack? He would save it for her. Wrinkling his nose in distaste, he pushed it back into the pile and pulled out a rabbit instead, hauling it over to a corner to eat.

Fish | Warrior | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Fish couldn’t help but be amused by Leo's reaction to the trout. It was less so a contribution— though kudos if someone ACTUALLY wanted to eat a stinky fish— as a prank. See how many different reactions she could get out of it. She was Fish though. It was all in good fun, of course!

Fish hadn’t been to the river yet today. In fact, she’d fallen out of her tree when Smoke had howled at the rest of the Pack. That was okay! It was high time to be up anyway, from the looks of how many wolves were already out and about.

Karter | Warrior | L-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

The first thing Karter did when some of the other Warriors showed up was rise to his feet and call for a watch, the small group of wolves who would goby the border to ensure everything was in place, as was custom every morning, every evening and once in the afternoon. He had been up earlier than…well, pretty much any wolf who woke at a decent hour, and hadn’t seen anyone go out.

"Yo! Anyone up to come on a watch with me? No one's headed out yet, and SOMEONE'S gotta do it." Karter knew he wasn’t the world's most popular wolf, and that was okay, but regardless of whether others liked him or not, he was still going to do his assigned job.

Max | Alpha | F-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Max had risen early. The day was young, but it was well time to be up and going for the day. He would not rouse his Packmates just yet, but there were a host of jobs— just the usual, but sometimes they got missed— that had to be taken care of sooner rather than later. They’d grown lax with little going on at the moment, but slacking off was one of the Alpha's least favourite things, be it doing or observing alike.

The black furred Alpha scanned the clearing. It had only been fairly recently a Beta and Leads had been appointed, and truthfully, he couldn’t have been happier with his choices. They never failed to impress him, even if he never spoke of it aloud. Max was not a wolf easily impressed, but the loyalty and dedication of the Leads and Beta…unrivalled. He could appreciate that.

Arian | Lead Warrior | F-Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Arian slipped out of the den easily, grooming back her mottled pelt. As Lead Warrior now, it was her job to set to the tasks assigned to the Warriors, and it appeared not many wolves were out and about yet. She would wait a few minutes and grab the first Warriors or All-Arounds she could for a watch. The sun was well past sunrise, it was high time they started for the day.

Arian stared at the prey pile, slowly shrinking. Surely the Hunters would replenish it, yes? She would wait on eating until then. There were no laws about it, but in her personal opinion, the Den-Mothers— when there WERE any— and their pups, and the Alpha and Healer ought to eat before any regular Warrior or Hunter, and if someone asked, she would gladly say as much. What did she care what others thought of her opinions? Of her in general? As long as she could do her job well and keep their Pack safe, it was all that mattered to her.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belloblossom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:49 am

Rowan | Healer Trainee | Lightning | Location: Healers Den | Tagging: Open (mentions: Kotori, Terra)

Rowan had been sleeping in the healers den ever since he'd been apprenticed. He'd been told to move from the trainees den lest there was an attack and he would be needed right away to get called to action. The anxiety that he failed to voice - for fear of causing conflict between him and his trainer, Terra, was that if the Fire Pack got so far into the Lightning pack's territory, wouldn't the smartest thing to do, be to destroy the healers den? Without herbs, wolves wouldn't heal as fast and without healers... The thought caused a shudder to run through him, leaves shuffling around him. It wouldn't due much good to sit here and worry, but the thoughts of an impending battle swirled around his mind unbidden.

Luckily, Smoke's howl shook him from his bothered thoughts and he decided to leave the healers den. He shook out bits of leaf and debris from his pelt and slithered out from the den, peering at the camp around him. Karter, one of the warriors, was raising the wolves for a patrol. Wasn't that typically Oak's job? The notion of Leads and their ability to organize the ranks were beyond the pup. Healers operated under one leader to, but there were only three of them together. Terra, Kotori and Rowan were all the healers the pack had - and even then, Kotori and Rowan were only trainees.

He turned his head back towards the den. Would his fellow trainee be awake soon? Or would Terra come looking for him first? Did he have time before either of his comrades wake to go check out the prey pile? Indecisiveness had his paws rooted to the ground. What should he do first?
belloblossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:57 am

Grant | Warrior | L-Pack | Tagging: Saffron | Location: Camp

Grant plucked a rabbit off the prey pile and carried it over to lay in front of his mate, gently nuzzling her cheek. "You should eat. You went to bed pretty early last night." His tone was soft and gentle, yet at the same time, insistent. Grant was not a wolf known for his soft heart or tenderness, but around his family…well. That was a whole other matter. Saffron was without a doubt the most precious thing in his life. He had no idea what he would do without her, in all honesty. He never wanted to find out.

They had a son too. A nice, happy little family, just as he’d hoped for one day growing up. Being a Warrior was certainly important, but even more so was his family. They had it good right now, and he hoped wholeheartedly that it was going to stay that way for a long time yet to come.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmawesome » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:58 am

Stryker | All-Around| Fire Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Stryker yawned as his eyes opened slowly. The sun was beginning to rise, the sky turning pink and yellow. Stretching, he rose from his large nest, his shoulders popping into place. Gotta go find Talon He thought, padding out of his den and into the center of camp.

Bones | Hunter Trainee | Fire Pack | Tagging: Open | Location: Camp

Bones groaned as the sun started to hit his eyes. Why must the sun rise so early? He was so tired from training, and his muscles ached. He refused to leave the warmth and safety of his bed for the cold and dryness outside.
Last edited by palmawesome on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢

Currently sobbing over the song of Achilles
palmawesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormDragon55 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:03 am

Terra/Healer/L-pack/Location: Healers den/Tagging: Rowan

Terra I'd awaken from the voices outside, she gets up, starches, and walks over to the entrance. Rowan was already there, but seems as though questioning what to do first "if you're trying to figure out what to do first, I would suggest getting something to eat, so you can think probably" she says with a soft smile
ImageImageImage
^^^🙏Please Click, I used double the clicks potion🙏^^^
I'm a nervous person so take it easy on me please.
StormDragon55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belloblossom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:04 am

Storm | Hunter | Lightning | Location: Camp | Tagging: Toby (mentions: Karter, Smoke, Ambrose)

Storm had stretched in her nest, disgruntled by Smoke's loud wake up call. Someone really ought to teach that immature warrior a lesson. Wolves needed their rest - especially when a battle could erupt any moment. Smoke's little routine could cause others their lives, if their minds weren't rested from a good night's sleep.

She got out of the den and fixed Smoke with a look. Should she be the one to chew Smoke out? She was sorely considering it. Storm may be a hunter, but she understood as well as any wolf - or so she'd believed - that war changed things. You couldn't go around being a happy-go-lucky trouble-maker when you might not see any of them the next day. Did Smoke care so little for the lives of her pack mates?

Maybe if we're all lucky, she'll get killed instead of one of our useful pack members. Storm thought bitterly and then sighed. No, that wasn't good of her to think. Still... Smoke was a warrior. She would undoubtedly be put on the front lines, so maybe Storm wouldn't even need to wish for the peace of the morning for much longer. That was, assuming that their Beta, Ambrose, had the same train of thought that she did.

There was another wolf making a racket - though less abruptly. Another warrior - were all warriors so loud? This one was Karter, but at least he was attempting to organize a patrol. Hmm, a dawn patrol? Her gaze scanned the clearing for Toby and she found him soon enough, asking for volunteers to a hunting mission. She wasted little time in going to approach him, dipping her head towards him.

"I'll gladly join you this morning." She informed him and glanced towards Smoke, rolling her eyes briefly. Some wolves had to keep the pack moving and actually prove themselves useful.
belloblossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby belloblossom » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:06 am

Rowan | Healer Trainee | Lightning | Location: Healers Den | Tagging: Terra (mentions: Kotori)

Rowan jumped a little when he heard a voice near him. Looking around, he spotted his Trainer, Terra and offered her an embarrassed, sheepish smile.

"O-Okay." He replied. "Thank you." A pause, and then. "Did you want me to bring you back something to eat too?" He couldn't be sure if she wanted to visit the pile herself, or if she was already busy with the day's tasks. Still, even if it was something as small as making sure his trainer was fed, he would be happy to contribute to her well being and by extension, the well being of the pack.
belloblossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:10 am

Toby | Lead Hunter | L-Pack | Tagging: Storm | Location: Camp

Toby glanced towards the almost…smug-looking grey Warrior and chuckled, returning his attention to his fellow Hunter. "Smoke getting to you too? Sorry you had to be on the receiving end of that, never a pleasant way to start your day." He shook it off though. Smoke would get enough scolding for it from Shadow later, even if it wouldn’t do much for more than a couple days. "We'll wait for another Hunter or two, then I’m thinking go down by the field. If we could find big game, that’d be where it’s at. The more we can bring in, the better."

They weren’t HURTING for food, but even so, they had a large Pack to feed, and surprisingly few Hunters to do it with. All-Arounds helped sometimes, but they didn’t have the FULL skill set of a Hunter. Toby would never allow an All-Around on a hunt targeting large game. If would simply be too risky.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .ludicrous. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:12 am

[Ambrose // Beta // Tagging: Kin, Toby, Shadow // Location: Camp]
A friendly call into the den jarred Ambrose out of a particularly pleasant slumber, and he pricked his ears to listen as Toby told no hunter in particular that the stores were to go if they didn't hunt soon. He brushed Alistair's tail off of his nose and detangled his limbs from the mixture of fluff, paws and noses that was his siblings. With a pack of such a size, letting the food drop was unacceptable. He rather playfully nipped Eurydice's ear, causing the small, pale hunter to awaken with a yip and kick out at his other brothers, and in a moment a chorus of complaints marked the end of their rest. He cleared his throat and called back to the young lead hunter. "I volunteer my brothers, they aren't going to slack off on my watch. Let me know if you need any extra sets of teeth, I can round up the all-arounds and pitch in myself." Leaving his brothers to scurry onto their feet at their own pace, he strode up to Toby as he spoke. "If the other hunters aren't up by midday I want you to wake them, unless they hunted the previous night. And tell Oak I want a warrior attending every hunting party, in case the Fire pack pushes the borders too hard." As he spoke he regarded Toby politely and with a certain respect, though the posture in his head and his tail remained raised. With a final motion akin to a nod he strode off to seek out Shadow beside her den, increasing the pace of his gait as he lowered his figure to rub his forehead and upper pack under her chin. "The hunters should be on their way out soon, and I'm sure Oak is getting the warriors ready to patrol, though if needed I can go check." He reported, before looking to her directly, his gaze set under hers. "Is there anything you need me to do?"
.ludicrous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me