ππˆπ‘πƒπ’ πŽπ… π‡πˆπ‹πŠπˆπˆπ (ππ‹π€π˜)

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

ππˆπ‘πƒπ’ πŽπ… π‡πˆπ‹πŠπˆπˆπ (ππ‹π€π˜)

Postby Alita~ » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm

ππˆπ‘πƒπ’ πŽπ… π‡πˆπ‹πŠπˆπˆπ

BOH (Glow).jpg
BOH (Glow).jpg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 211 times

For as long as any bird can remember, there have been two Flocks: Onyx Flock, and Topaz Flock. Both Flocks were named after their founders, Onyx, a black palm cockatoo, and Topaz, a blue and gold macaw. These birds, often referred to as the Ancient Ones, once lived in the dwelling of a human, trapped behind metal bars together for what they thought would be all of eternity. One day, the two managed to escape. They flew far and fast, for weeks on end, only stopping to rest when they had to. Eventually, they found themselves in a strange new land. It was a forest, lush with vibrant trees and bushes, full of food and life, but most importantly, it was free from humans. They explored the seemingly untouched lands, soon finding other inhabitants. Wild birds. Tropical parrots, just like them. The only difference were that these birds had never heard of humans. Topaz and Onyx told them of the treacherous deeds of the vile featherless creatures, and were soon known around the forest for their stories. The two, who thought of each other as brothers, soon found mates of their own, and started families.
Unfortunately, no relationships last forever. Onyx and Topaz started to have substantial disagreements, and fights, forcing them to drift further and further apart. Eventually, previously lone birds started to take up sides, forming the Flocks. Onyx, Kings of Onyx Flock, led his side, and Topaz, King of Topaz Flock led his. They took their whole Flocks into battle against one another, resulting in major losses on both sides. Topaz and Onyx both died that fateful day, leaving what was left of their Flocks behind.
Not soon after the Ancient Kings had fallen, the remainder of the Flocks were driven out of their homeland by an abrupt invasion of the humans. It seemed no matter where they went, the humans would follow. The birds were forced to flee once again, migrating in two large groups, a standing truce between them. New Kings arose during this time of hardship, each one still set in the previous one's ways.
After over a year of traveling, the birds found a new land once again. One they were sure the human's couldn't find. It was a rainforested land, countless miles wide with mountain ranges encasing it on each side. Many had died on the journey up, to the despair of both Flocks. There were few birds left in each Flock, but still, they refused to unite. Much cross-breeding took place, resulting in one breed of bird remaining: the Hilkiin Bird. Hilkiin birds are named after their land, and thought to be the last bird species.
Onyx Flock, and Topaz Flock found their own territories, miles apart. Each Flock has one of the three Great Trees, a large, kapok-like tree, with masses of branches, foliage, and hollows dug out for nesting places, and one large one for food storage. Onyx Flock live at The Great Onyx Tree, Topaz Flock at The Great Topaz Tree, and the third tree is The Great Meet Tree.
The Great Meet Tree is very similar to the other Great Trees, with the only difference being no birds live there. Both Flocks meet at The Great Meet Tree once a moon, to discuss any important matters.

Birds of Hilkiin Discussion: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4394558
Birds of Hilkiin Sign ups: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4394571&p=131412447#p131412447

If you need more information, PM me! We need more players before the plot kicks off, but we can still roleplay a bit anyways.
Last edited by Alita~ on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ππˆπ‘πƒπ’ πŽπ… π‡πˆπ‹πŠπˆπˆπ (ππ‹π€π˜)

Postby Alita~ » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:44 pm

Cicero | Hilkiin-Cockatiel | Topaz Flock | King | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Open

Cicero's feathers ruffled in the light breeze, his crest rising before he even opened his eyes. He lifted his head, his brown eyes scanning the branches below him. The King set down his lifted leg, and stretched his wings, taking in a deep breath as he did so. Then, he let out his morning call. It was very loud, obnoxious, and not melodic in the least. It probably annoyed some birds, but it was just what he did. He giggled to himself quietly, then started to hum a rather unsettling tune as he hopped of his branch, gliding down to the ones below.

Karliah | Hilkiin-Budgerigar | Onyx Flock | Queen | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Serana

Karliah's eyes opened slowly, her purple feathers slimming down. She felt someone watching her. She cocked her head to the side, staring down at the other branches. It was Serana, of course. Serana was always up before everyone else, and she tended to get bored while waiting for everyone to wake up. Karliah let out a short breath, and lifted a single leg, once again resting her head on her back.
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ππˆπ‘πƒπ’ πŽπ… π‡πˆπ‹πŠπˆπˆπ (ππ‹π€π˜)

Postby Viperflare » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am

Ϋ© 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍 Ϋ© π‘Άπ’π’šπ’™ π‘­π’π’π’„π’Œ Ϋ© π‘­π’π’“π’‚π’ˆπ’†π’“ Ϋ© π‘³π’π’„π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’: π‘ͺπ’‚π’Žπ’‘ Ϋ© π‘»π’‚π’ˆπ’ˆπ’Šπ’π’ˆ: 𝑢𝒑𝒆𝒏 Ϋ©

Pearl sat on a little branch just outside of her sleeping nook, looking a little drained as she'd just gotten up. The bird let out a small whistle, and merely melted back into her pile of feathers. "I don't wanna do anything..." She mumbled, basically complaining as she struggled to wake up. It wasn't much of a battle, however, as Pearl had already done her best to subject to sleep. Another day to be productive, perhaps?
Viperflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alita~ » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:54 am

Serana | Hilkiin-Budgerigar | Onyx Flock | Medic | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Pearl

Serana ruffled her yellow and green feathers, glancing down at a whistle. She saw Pearl, awake, and hopped off her branch, gliding down to the Hilkiin-Grey. She landed, and tilted her head, wondering if she should speak or not. Pearl didn't seem like she wanted to wake up... but it was morning...
"Hello, Pearl." She started quietly.
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viperflare » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 am

Ϋ© 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍 Ϋ© π‘Άπ’π’šπ’™ π‘­π’π’π’„π’Œ Ϋ© π‘­π’π’“π’‚π’ˆπ’†π’“ Ϋ© π‘³π’π’„π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’: π‘ͺπ’‚π’Žπ’‘ Ϋ© π‘»π’‚π’ˆπ’ˆπ’Šπ’π’ˆ: 𝑢𝒑𝒆𝒏 Ϋ©

Pearl blinked her eyes, still bleary with sleep. It took her a few awkwardly silent moment to register the voice. "Oh, hello, Serana!" She chirped, hesitatingly smoothing down her ruffled grey feathers. A flush of vague embarrassment tingled through her veins as she attempt to straighten herself up. "Er- how are you doing this morning?" Pearl asked in a casual tone.
Viperflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alita~ » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:00 am

Serana | Hilkiin-Budgerigar | Onyx Flock | Medic | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Pearl

Serana hopped a few inches closer, less bored now that she had someone to talk to.
"I'm alright. What about you?" She asked, blinking a few times. She hadn't really been one to talk after the death of her parents, but one could only take so much herb sorting each morning before getting bored out of their mind.
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alita~ » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:42 am

Cicero | Hilkiin-Cockatiel | Topaz Flock | King | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Savita

Cicero spotted a bright form moving out of the corner of his eye, and turned his head. Savita's up now... because of my beautiful morning call, no doubt. He kept on humming his unsettling tune, and shifted his wings, gliding down towards the Hilkiin-Macaw.
The King landed gracefully on Savita's branch, and quieted his humming.
"Good morning, Savita."
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viperflare » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:46 am

Pearl bobbed her head a little bit, continuing to straighten out her feathers. "Pretty good! I slept in today, obviously, and for some reason I don't know where all my energy went." She replied, a puzzled tone lining her chirps. Usually, she would be bolting around either the forest or the camp right now, but she just.. didn't feel like it. Perhaps Pearl's dream had made her tired?

ooc: man I hate typing out tags like this aaaa
Viperflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alita~ » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:23 am

OOC:@Viper: You don't have to XD

Serana tilted her head, fluffing up her feathers momentarily.
"Odd... Have you been feeling like this for a while, or only this morning?" The yellow Hilkiin asked. Whether she realized it or not, she always tended to mother everyone in the Flock. Part of it came with being a Medic, yes, but... maybe there was a little more to it for her.

Cicero | Hilkiin-Cockatiel | Topaz Flock | King | Location: Great Tree | Tagging: Savita

Cicero opened his beak to say something, but then stopped, his crest rising. His dark brown eyes locked on something near the edge of the clearing, and his feathers began to slim down the slightest bit. He stretched his head over to Savita's, not taking his eyes off the small movement he saw in the brush.
"Over there." He whispered, motioning with the extension of a wing. There was another small movement. A flash of what looked to be fur, briefly becoming visible, but then disappearing again.
Alita~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viperflare » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 am

Pearl | Onyx Flock | Forager | Location: Camp | Tagging: Serana

Pearl thought back to yesterday. "Not exactly.. I guess I got really tired during the flight back to camp after foraging. Of course, the berry pouches were rather heavy, but it was still the usual amount I bring almost every time." The bird reported, ducking her head for a moment. "I suppose I'm just tired. From what I recall, this isn't the first time. It happens once in a while, I've always thought it to be mere fatigue."
Viperflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me