ⁱ. ᵃʳᶜʰⁱᵛᵉ bloodbath

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

ⁱ. ᵃʳᶜʰⁱᵛᵉ bloodbath

Postby vervainium » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:24 am

█████
    █████

────── in a hidden land known as the tonraq mountains, lies two packs of wolves: the skugga, and the matool. overpowered by the sheer size of the matool, the skugga were forced into a life of hiding in a series of underground caves in a territory called cannibal forest, and they only ever come out to hunt. but with a newly appointed leader, the skugga are facing a new future, as are the matool. the new sovereign, rouxgaroux, has devilish plans for the skugga, devilish plans that will take down the matool and retake what is rightfully the skugga's: tonraq plains. unaware of the skugga's new leader, the matool believe they have nothing to fear and continue to live in peace as they had the day they took tonraq plains.

──────the matool believe in multiple deities, collectively known as the 'sky gods.' they believe that praying to them will bring good luck, fortune, love, and prosperity. most wolves do not pray to a certain god, but rather, the 'sky gods' as a whole. disobey any of the sky gods and you will receive a punishment that is to the leader's liking. the skugga, on the other hand, do not believe in any gods, but rather, a demon wolf: managarmr, who is land-bound to the cannibal forest. they do not pray to him or anyone else. because they do not believe in the sky gods, rouxgaroux punishes anyone who is caught worshipping them. you are able to choose whether or not to worship managarmr.

──────so, which pack will you call home?
Last edited by vervainium on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♙. ) ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈᵇᵃᵗʰ

Postby vervainium » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:31 am

█████
    █████

█████████████
    █████████████
    █████████████
    █████████████
    █████████████
    █████████████
    █████████████

coding and plot © bondurant :: rules written by chemical.

────────────
    ( ♙. ) Literacy & Posting: This is a semi-literate roleplay. I request you use proper spelling and punctuation, but I don't expect everyone to be perfect all the time; I'm not going to ride you over mistakes. I ask that you write a minimum of one paragraph (five sentences) per post, and the more the merrier. Your posts don't have to be neatly coded with nice fonts and pretty colors and whatnot; I'll take a nice, thought-out block of text over a fancy layout any day.

( ♙. ) Forms & Characters: You'll be providing your own forms for this rp; at the very least please include name, age, gender, pack, rank, and personality. I would like something that shows me you can meet the expected literacy, but they do not have to be fancy or drawn out; something simple that states what is needed to know about the character are just fine. You may play as many characters as you would like, but you may only play up to one high rank at any one time.

( ♙. ) Drama: This is a roleplay about drama, obviously. Romance and secrets and surprises and betrayal- all encouraged. However, only I decide when the two packs meet or launch an attack against one another. If you have major plot ideas or want an attack to occur, pm me or post on the discussion thread, but do not go wild on me without permission as I do have a general idea of the plot for this rp.

( ♙. ) Signatures: I must ask that you disable your signatures on this thread. Not only does it give the thread a seamless feel, but I and others often access the site via a mobile device and it helps cut back on lag and loading time greatly. I don't mind one bit about signatures on the discussion thread; don't worry about it over there.

( ♙. ) Age Limits & Deaths: This rp is about two packs locked in a ruthless war; there will be casualties from time to time, however, it is of course entirely up to decide when and how your characters die; this is just here as a general guide for those who don't go out in a dramatic blaze of glory. Wolves in this roleplay may live to be fifteen years old and no older; however they will be forced to give up their rank between ten and thirteen and live out the rest of their days as an elder.

( ♙. ) Discussion Thread: All forms and any out of character chatter should go on the discussion thread, linked here. I'd like this thread to just be roleplay responses.

( ♙. ) Reproduction: There will not be any set 'mating season' in this roleplay; if your wolf falls pregnant, they may give birth roughly 30 pages later, as thirty pages will be about one season. Litter sizes may range from 1-4 pups.
Last edited by vervainium on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♙. ) ˢᵏᵘᵍᵍᵃ

Postby vervainium » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:38 am

𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 : one, must be male
                        none at the moment
                      𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 : one, must be female.
                        rouxgaroux, female, seven years, played by iggyzoi

𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 : one, must be male.
                        solmund, male, five years, played by ᴡɪʟᴅꜱɪɢʜᴛ

𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 : six, three males three females.
                        azoreth, male, five, played by spirit de luna
                        corvus, male, five years, played by noctem.
                        ezekiel, male, fiver years, played by ethium
                        margaux, female, four, played by lovestruck
                        res, female, age, played by vibrancy
                        quin, female, five years, played by AGCM
Last edited by vervainium on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♙. ) ᵐᵃᵗᵒᵒˡ

Postby vervainium » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:40 am

𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 : one, must be male
                        none at the moment.
                      𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 : one, must be female.
                        medusalith, female, five years, played by witchcraft,

𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 : one, must be male.
                        name, male, x years, played by

𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 : eight, four males four females.
                        nezha, male, six years, played by fruitbat
                        banshee, male, four years, played by lovestruck
                        ragnar, male, four years, played by ethium
                        open, male, age, played by ──
                        freyja, female, five years, played by noctem.
                        wendigo, female, four years, played by ᴡɪʟᴅꜱɪɢʜᴛ
                        yaya, female, three years, played by AGCM
                        open, female, age, played by ──
Last edited by vervainium on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♙. ) ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈᵇᵃᵗʰ open wolf rp. starting

Postby vervainium » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am

█████
    █████

────────────────────────────────────
          ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈᵇᵃᵗʰ is now open and accepting.
          you can pm for reservations but they will only last 24 hours.

this roleplay is about to start, it is still open for applications
          as long as the spot you want says "open, played by──"
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ♙. ) 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 ʳᵒᵘˣᵍᵃʳᵒᵘˣ

Postby vervainium » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:30 am

██ 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐗𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐗
      𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 ───────────────
      𝐬𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 ─ 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 ♀ ─ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐥𝐝 ─ 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬: the skugga

It was time for a change. No longer would the Matool rule over the Skugga like kings. No longer would Rouxgaroux sit back and watch from afar as her birth pack subsided and lived as hermits underground. Medusalith's dynasty would soon be no more, and Rouxgaroux would make damn well sure of that.

It was dreary, threatening to rain onto the chartreuse meadows and the rolling forest hills of Tonraq. A cool harvest breeze overwhelmed the land and sliced at the wolves fur. It was a notice, a signal... that fall was coming, and winter would follow soon in pursuit. The cool air would now begin to create chills alongside the body, leaves would begin to fall to their ultimate death. It was a beautiful time of the year. The fowl would leave for their Southern getaway, and the hares' ginger coat would wilt into a dusty gray to keep them safe in the blankets of snow soon to come. The pine and spruce would remain clothed, while the deciduous trees lost their leaves and would become a rugged husk. Everything in the meadows and the forests played a part and did their dance. Wolves included.

And it was time for Rouxgaroux to direct the Skugga's new play, Revenge.

An ashy wooled figure made its way towards the Skugga's main camp, a hidden set of underground caves that smelled of coppery blood and was decorated in the bones of leftover meals. It would feel more like a dungeon of prisoners than a home like the Skugga were promised. The intense smell right when you walked in was nearly bound to knock you out, if not, leave a bitter taste in your mouth. "How do you live down here?" Rouxgaroux questioned aloud, to herself, a sneer on her maw.

Albeit, despite the smell, the cave was beautiful. Jagged rocks here and there, coming upward from the soil and going down from the ceiling. Brines of slimy lichen lined the walls and the stalagmites. Underneath her pads was a solid path from the entrance of the cave to the main camp - and it felt of uneven jarring stone. The wind whistled throughout the system, and it was just as cold inside the cave as it was outside - if not colder. If it were not for the stale air corrupted by the stink of wolves and carcasses, it might be livable. The cold, luckily, somewhat fought against the odor, and would slightly preserve the leftover meat. But in the summer, it cooked.

"Halt!" came the voice of the Skugga Patriarch, Maekir. "State your name and purpose, how did you find the Skugga?" Rouxgaroux would cackle, her lips curled up to reveal sleet fangs. Obviously, it took Maekir by a surprise. "Matriarch Rouxgaroux, the rightful leader of the godforsaken tribe you've put in a hole," she would spit. "So either you will let me pass and you resign, or I take it back by force,"

"Why have you returned?" snarled Maekir, a sound that resonated throughout the cave. Maekir would lunge at the ashen trespasser, but years of fighting and experience allowed her to dodge and take Maekir by the throat. Rouxgaroux would deliver a blow that barely cost her any energy - while off his guard, she thrust forward and shove him into a stalagmite. The cave retaliated with a loud rumble, bits of rock fell from the canopy and bounced off the jarred flooring. Rouxgaroux would step backward and watch Maekir attempt to regain his footing. As he stood up, the ashen bitch would lunge once more and pin the male the ground. "My mother returned the Skugga to its former glory once, and you've erased all of that and you have let the Matool win once more," Rouxgaroux would place a heavy paw onto Maekir's throat. "The Skugga is fine where they are at," rasped the Patriarch. She would press down, and let a deafening snarl surrender from her gag. "So be it," she would spit.

With a bloodied maw, the ashen female would continue on the path to the main camp. She didn't care who witnessed the death of Maekir. Mayhaps it would let them know that Rouxgaroux was serious, that she meant business. She was not playing around, she would not let them suffer like this.
vervainium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ♙. ) ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈᵇᵃᵗʰ open wolf rp.

Postby Spirit De Luna » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Name: Azoreth - Azo
Pack: Skugga
Tags: Open - Rouxgaroux
Azoreth made his was through the cold cave the Skugga were calling home. It disgusted him. Their poor excuse of a leader did nothing to stop the Matool from forcing them from the Tonraq Plains. There wasn't much Azo could do as a subordinate, but he planned to change that. He would climb the ranks and help pull his beloved pack back to their rightful place. A low snarl rumbled deep in his chest. That's when he heard it. A snarl that wasn't his own, but that of Patriarch Maekir. Curiousity drove Azo forward. "The Skugga is fine where they are at." The sound of Maekir voice was weak and raspy. As the leader came into view Azo saw another wolf over him. "So be it." A smile spread across the male's face as the female ended the patriarch's reign. She was going to be the one to make the Martool suffer, Azo knew it. He also knew he could use this change in command to his advantage to better his position in the pack. As the ashen female made her way down the path Azo lowered his head and smiled. "Matriarch." He called her by the rightful title making sure she knew he recognized her position and power.
Spirit De Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 001.

Postby ethium » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:35 pm

xxx x ─ ( ♠ ) 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒
xxxxxxx─────────────────────────────────────────────
xxxxxxx( i. matool ii. subordinate iii. four years iv. male v. calculative & cold )
xxxxxxxxxxx tagging: none, available mentions: none location: patrolling )
────── 𝐈𝐌 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐄𝐌 𝐀𝐋𝐋
𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐘 ───────
───── 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

xxxx
      Ragnar paused, his eyes scanning his surroundings with the precision only a natural born hunter could hone. The skugga hadn't been spotted in ages, other than the occasional scent of their existence, nothing. There was never anything alarming to note. Nonetheless the brute brushed aside the low hanging foliage and continued on through the chilled territory of tonraq plains. His foot-falls near silent as he patrolled. A ritualistic gate took over his thoughts as he continued on, alert for any sign of a threat. Sometimes ragnar was convinced these patrols were the only things that kept him sane in this pack. Having been peaceful for so long, it was only a matter of time before some form of disaster struck. No matter how hard their pack would pray, the sky gods would send their punishment for crimes unbeknownst to any wolf of the pack and they'd be defenseless to stop it. They had been blessed when they had taken this territory, and you'd be damned if you'd think ragnar would do anything but attempt to keep tonraq plains the matool's.

The brute halted only to examine his surroundings before moving on once again. He was eager to cover more ground before late morning and as a result pulled his gait up to a fast lope. His nose twitching at every scent that threatened to steal his attention away from the task at hand. It wouldn't be long before he'd return to his pack, and the insufferable chatter that would come with socialization. Ragnar had never been a prime conversation partner, and as such usually watched his own pack mates chirp like birds among themselves while there was obviously work to be done. It was infuriating, but in the end simply something he had never mastered as a pup, which often put him at odds as an adult. Weakness. He loathed the word, and could feel his lips curling in muscle memory at the mere mention of it. The brute didn't let himself dwell on the thought for long, whatever he lacked socially was equally made up for in strength and precision. He was a far better strategist than he was when it came to greeting his own pack mates.

Once he had covered ample ground the brute pulled himself to a stop, the lack of activity gnawing at the edges of his stomach. It churned with anticipation, in hopes of something truly exciting happening. He pivoted his steps in the direction of camp and began his resisted return. There would be no stalling the inevitable, and as such ragnar would face it head on. Regardless of the discomfort it provided him.
xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx─ ( ♦ ) 𝐄𝐙𝐄𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓

xxxxxxx( i. skugga ii. subordinate iii. five years iv. male v. patient & serious )
xxxxxxxxxxx tagging: azoreth, rouxgaroux mentions: tags, skugga location: skugga main camp )
xxx─────────────────────────────────────────────
𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐓
─────𝐍𝐎 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 ───────
───────────── 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓

xxxx
      Ezekiel threw his head up at the faint resemblance of snarling. The subtle commotion spurred him from his previously drowsy state, his ears pivoted in curiosity and he started forward towards the noise. Upon closer approach he took up the voice of his patriarch maekir, and the voice of a female whose violence was unmatched. The threats that flew on the breeze startled him into pausing within earshot, but not enough to be seen. He could smell blood now and a secondary voice greeted what he presumed to be the female. The voice, whom he had recognized as a fellow subordinate azoreth- greeted the female as a matriarch. Ezekiel pulled his head back slightly at the realization that there was a new leader for the skugga, and that she was certainly going to be dealing business as opposed to the cowardly patriarch who had locked them down here.

He pulled his lips back in distaste as the smell of maekir's blood once again reached his nose. He gingerly rounded the corner coming into eyesight of the two, lowering his head almost immediately. Ezekiel had little desire to start a fight with his supposed new leader. His questioning brown eyes fell upon azoreth, the frosty hearted wolf had never been one to share in feeble conversation. He supposed that was something to be admired. However there were things about the fellow subordinate that just plain rubbed ezekiel wrong, and he had no intention of getting under the brute's skin.

"Matriarch?" his curious yet calm voice echoed across the walls, though he kept his gaze on azoreth the temptation to glance at the female was near overbearing. However the brute knew better than to give into temptation and remained out of reach of either of the wolves, should they decide he was unwanted and lounge for him. "I'm assuming the scent of blood means the coward has perished?" he inquired, more a statement than question. He could smell it better here, and there would be no mistaking the scent now. He offered either little greeting, his skepticism overriding his typical reaction to a newcomer.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:23 pm

──── NEZHA ────
Matool subordinate ─ Tags: Ragnar ─ Location: pack territory

The wind blew cold against the brutes pelt, managing to scrape it's way to his skin. Although summer had just ended and the fall was on the horizon, the early morning brought a breeze that nipped at the skins surface. It was frequent, and the cool breeze made Nezha's hairs stand on their ends. Sometimes he shivered, but only if he was not focused on his surroundings, as he was too immersed to pay attention to the temperature. He hadn't been out for long, but he had caught a scent. It was musky, quite dull in fact, but it was something. Could it be the Skugga? Could it be prey? Nezha couldn't tell at this stage, which made him all the more determined to find the source. He had never been a good hunter, but that doesn't mean his skills aren't average. Like most wolves Nezha was more equipped for a fight; sharp claws, cat-like reflexes and muscles that gave him an explosive power over his opponent. He would never, ever admit it in front of his pack mates, but he would choose to hunt and track instead of search and destroy any day.

His head bopped up and down, nose towards the ground for a moment then up in the air for another. Not a great tactic, but it got the job done. The scent he had picked up was getting stronger, and he could now make out it was another wolf. His ears perked up in excitement, mixed with a little bit of nervousness. What if it were a loner? Or worse, a Skugga wolf? What would he do? What would his pack want him to do? He stopped, shook himself of the thoughts to focus on what he was doing. When he was just about to put his nose to the ground, the scent hit him stronger than ever. A Matool wolf.. but who? Nezha thought to himself, jerking his head around and sniffing the air to catch the others scent. His instincts finally kicked in, and Nezha dropped low to the ground in hopes he hadn't been seen. As a wolf with a pelt of black and white, he had no chance of blending in with his surroundings, unless it was winter of course.

He moved slowly, underbelly only slightly scraping the forest floor and catching all the loose leaves and twigs from the trees above. He cocked his head to the right, still in question about who else was out at this time of the morning. As he went further into the forest, Nezha had a lightblub moment. He chuckled under his breath, a slight smirk dancing along his lips. Although the other still hadn't been identified, there was no harm in a little fun. Nezha knew this probably wasn't the best idea, but it's better than still around camp bored, right? So with a nod of agreement, the brute tried his best to make some loud noises: stomping, rolling around, crunching leaves and branches, all hoping this commotion would draw whoever it was towards him. After a few moments, he did his best to quickly run in another direction to avoid being detected.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kuregalis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm

Quin/Skugga Subordinate/Location; Empty bear burrow/Tags; open

Chrrrrrp. Quin's head shoots up, her eyes focused on the burrow entrance. A cricket the size of her nose hops inside, taking shelter from a swooping crow. A small smile escapes the corner of her lips. "So you're hiding too?" she asks softly, laying her head onto her paws. Chrrrp says the cricket before hoping away. Quin watched it disappear out of the burrow. She sighed. She couldn't stay here forever.

Yaya/Matool Subordinate/Location; 10 meters from main camp/Tags; open
"Dig. Dig. Dig. Keep digging" Yaya chants silently, her attention focused on the 60 centimeter concave hole she had dug for herself. She stood up, proud of her work and plopped down, her head laying down on the dirt. She sighed happily and let her body relax. She quickly grew bored and got up, shaking any remnants of dirt left on her fur. There were only so many things you could do by yourself.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me