islands of the lost [a wild horse rpg - open & accepting!]

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: islands of the lost [a wild horse rpg - open & accepting

Postby Queen of flames » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:42 am

Bouncanier - lone stallion - 6 years - Tags: open

He got to the large group of many horses, gathering around there. He blinked in amusement as he had not seen this many stallions and lone mares in the same place too often. There was even a mare with a young foal there, which stayed away from others, maybe that was for the best, who knows how aggressive those stallions may get to have this many mares near them.

Madeira - lone mare - 3½ years - heat: 0 - tags: Eclipse, Poltergeist, Celeste, Voodoo ?
She looked over to the few other mares there, somehow she kind of missed noticing the other one, or maybe she was so focused on something that she forgot what was going around her. She shook her head as she looked at the rather large group there around a few stallions, but there were alone ones too like her own father. She was not sure what was going on with him, was he now over the depression of losing his former herd and her mother to another stallion, thought she was happy if he actually could still try to have another chance. Her eyes looked to the other mares "Oh hello..." she said.

Ouroboros - lone mare - 5 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Erebos, Kael, open
She shook her head at the gelding's answer "If you say so..." she murmured silently as she started to continue her walk over to the other horses. Her ears perked and her eyes scanned all those stallions there, a little bit like thinking which of them could be the right one for her interests. Her eyes looked to the two stallion brothers there for a moment, but then ignored them and instead focused on the Brown dun stallion and the leopard appaloosa there, both with at least one mare. She shook her head in unsure, she knowed that the stallions could not likely say no to her, it could be kind of sad if they did, but could she go along with those mares, which was pretty important in herds? She had a little bit of a problematic attitude, which was not easily liked by others.

Erebos - lone mare - 2 years - heat: 1 - Tags: Ouroboros, Kael
She looked at them a little thoughtfully "Hmmm, you sure are weird ones, if you actually can understand what those humans say, I have not met them that much yet, but I've heard that their conversations are not something you can understand about" she said flicking her tail. Her eyes looked after her mother there "Sorry About that...it's pretty much how we learn about geldings...I mean in my old herd...my father actually was a gelding hater or more like a human hater, and seeing geldings reminded him about humans, which made him angry at them" she said "He attacked and chased away all the geldings, for no reasons at all like they were bachelors looking for trouble" she said with a sight.

Pharao - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Ezekiel
He looked at the other bachelor student and the way he was acting when he looked at the stallions in the group. He then sook his head when he asked him a question "Well, how could I know, maybe it's more like you need to wait for them to come to you, like on those stallions, I noticed that those mares did walk to them instead than other way around..." he spoke up to him. He flicked his tail a little bit "I think it's the age, the body, and the showing aggression to protect is the one who charms the ladies, I don't think we skinny bachelors have much of a chance in here" he spoke up with another sight. His eyes looked toward the few younger-looking mares there "You could try with the younger mares instead" he said to him.

Sphinx - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Cosette, Zinnia
He looked to the two mares the one being rather nervous around him, but the other didn't seem to be so nervous. This could be his chance to steal those loner mares, but then again he felt like if he did he could likely lose them to the older lone stallions, who could see this as a good opportunity. He nodded to the Cosette "That's good fresh water is all that I needed, the thing here is going...out of control" he spoke up as he walked a few steps to the water and took a gulp. He looked at them once again "Who are you two? I've not seen you before, I am Sphinx" he spoke up to them.

Hurricane - lone mare - 16 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Twister, Codi
She sighed "Of course you had one foal at the time, having twins or more...is not only rare, but it's pretty dangerous too...In my old herd, one of the mares did have twins, either of the mother or the foals didn't make it alive" she said flicking her ears when the stallion mentioned the son, she thought he meant her son, she mentioned earlier "Yes he was...perfect boy..." she responded to him simply. Her eyes looked to her sister who seemed a little unsure when the stallion mentioned about the foals "We would not get near stallions if we were not looking for the possibility to have more foals..." she said. She thought that Twister could be looking more like a younger stallion, instead than she could be happier with older, but if she wanted to go to look around, she could maybe try to do it now as the stallion there now was not really taking them in or anything.

Twister - lone mare - 13 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Hurricane, Codi
She got silent, unsure how to answer to the stallion's question, she didn't want to give a wrong understood answer. She shook her head a little bit as she listened to her sister. She was looking for a stallion and wanted some more of the foals, but this stallion here didn't interest her in a way, he seemed to be nice, but still part of her wanted to look around a little bit more. There were a few handsome younger stallions she noticed in the corner of her eyes, but she was afraid to look their way. Of course, being handsome didn't answer the question of what kind of a horse they really are.

Tornado - lone gelding - 16 years - Tags: Ell
He shook his head "I guess that can happen in horses too...I don't really know the way humans do things, I have not really seen their love lives that well or focused to be interested in those" he said. He shook his head "I don't really belong to any herd or anywhere really, I stick near the herds to feel safe, and the herd itself doesn't really mind me for reasons" he said. He sighed "You could try those mare groups, there are those too who don't have a band stallion around them" he spoke up. He then took a look at her "Wait did we introduce ourselves yet?" he spoke up suddenly.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:45 pm

[hey Luna, lavender isn't an eye color. Google claims Albino horses can have purple eyes, but...that's only albino horses. Also orange, green and yellow are apparently things but those are supposed to be rare too. So you should maybe change the lavender eyes.]

Brownie- mare- 8 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- foals: may have had one- Tags: Cookie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown older mare sighed as she looked at the older of the two stallions. "Oh, I for sure could deal with her. I'd rather not have it turn into a fight, though...She will fight if she doesn't like something, just to let you know. Also...what if your brother wants some of us mares?" she asked, in all seriousness. "I'd of course rather stay with you. If he decides he wants some of us, though, would it become a fight? Would you...be able to fight your own brother?" she asked him. She'd noticed his younger brother hadn't seemed all too happy being sent off. Maybe the two didn't actually get along. She wondered why they traveled together, then. Shaking her head, she eyed her sister a moment. "Cookie is also faster than me...which I find ridiculous. The fact we have the same parents but she's faster than me...but whatever. If she ran away, I'm not sure we could catch her. I don't know, though, I just met you, so...maybe your a fast runner." She'd jerked a bit when he'd put his muzzle by her ear. It hadn't been nerves or disgust, though. It was more like a thrill had gone through her. Then she'd told him all those things about whether she'd be able to deal with Cookie. She'd also asked about his brother. About if it could turn into a fight, whether he'd really fight him. She had no doubts he probably would, given the way Morgue had acted. Well, she couldn't say for sure. Corpse seemed like he was wanting all the mares, though. As he was saying she'd be able to deal with her sister, likely. She squealed when he nipped her, but didn't move. She didn't kick at him or anything, either. She made another delighted sound, as he showed off. She then looked to her sister, snorting as she saw... She nipped at the younger mare, and was rewarded by a squeal and a well aimed hoof. She quickly dodged, and that was sarcasm...That hadn't been a reward at all. She made a sound of irritation at her younger sister, then looked to Corpse. She said "My name is Brownie, and she's....Cookie." Maybe she should just let Cookie go to the other stallion...as she didn't want Corpse getting hurt by her.

Well, he was a stallion, but getting kicked was no fun for anyone.

If Cookie really didn't like him, she'd kick him and refuse him, and Brownie didn't want him hurt.

Cookie- mare- 6 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Brownie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown younger mare kept her eyes purposely off the other two, now. Her ears pinned back as her sister just kept talking...She watched the stallion with the other two mares. She heard the arrogance, or seemingly so, of Corpse. She wondered why his brother didn't just try and fight him. When Brownie asked about a potential fight, Cookie nodded to herself. She continued to look at the mares and stallion. He was handsome, but she wondered if he thought he wasn't. Maybe his brother made him feel bad...Maybe Corpse convinced mares he was so great, and his brother wasn't. She didn't even know the name of his brother. Since his brother was talking to the other two mares. No doubt talking them up for Corpse's benefit...She snorted at this fact, and rolled her eyes over it. She squealed and kicked at her sister when nipped at. She heard her sister making a noise of irritation, and wondered how one stallion could cause them to now be annoyed with each other...

Dana- mare- 16 y- 16.1 hands- lone mare- Dann and younger daughter Juni- Tags: Hvitur

The buckskin mare nodded her head up and down a couple times. "Well...I haven't met many horses with my name either. Maybe mine is pretty unique as well," she said to him. She made a happy seeming sort of sound as she said these words. "My son...he's ten now, and I named Dann with two D's. I wanted him to have a unique name," she said. She then shook her head a couple times. Before she moved her ears to the sides a bit as he continued to speak to her. She then made another happy sound. "Of course, I'd love to be one of your new herd members."

Dann- stallion- 10 y- 16.2 hands- lone stallion- has had two foals- Tags: Persephone

The stallion made a happy seeming sort of sound as she said it was nice to meet him. He solemnly nodded his head up and down again. "Yes...I wish I could find them again, but it's unlikely. My two foals are also grown up by now, four or five years of age, probably with families of their own. I'd like to build a new herd, though. Would you... maybe like to be my first mare?" he asked. That may seem a bit forward of him. However, she was beautiful, and kind, and he wanted to keep her at his side.

Jessaa- mare- 6 y- 16 hands- Dee is now her stallion- Kael and wants more- Tags: Dee, Wraith and Gleam

The stripy marked red mare had made a happy little sound. She'd nodded as he'd spoken to her, before they'd...well, yeah. She now let him groom her as he was doing, and moved around a bit. He seemed to get it, getting rid of hair where she wanted him to. Once that was done, she turned to him. She nosed him and nudged him a bit in thanks. She moved to groom him back, but then he'd noticed the filly. Then, she'd followed him over, and finally seen the filly as well. As she looked at the filly, she felt something. An instinct to protect the small thing. Her maternal instincts were coming in again. This bodes well, meaning she more than likely was already carrying Dee's foal with that first try.

She looked at the filly in concern, concerned how fearful she seemed. No foal should fear a mare, but this one appeared to. She glanced to the other mare a moment. Though the pretty paint could be the mother, she didn't think so. She wondered if the other mare would want to take the filly in. Well...it hardly mattered, though she herself kind of wanted to. Jessaa didn't need to, as she'd find out in months time. She was pregnant, which didn't mean she couldn't adopt a foal. If this other mare wanted the filly, though, she wouldn't stop her. In months time, also, she'd know she was pregnant. Shaking her head back and forth, she stood back. She glanced to Dee, as the filly spoke up once more.

She twitched her ears and flicked her red tail back and forth a couple times. She flared her nostrils, and looked around a moment. She then watched as Dee moved a bit. He put himself between the three of them and the other horses. She went over to touch noses with him. She then moved back to her original spot.

She was so glad she'd found yet another kind stallion. She needed to get her mind off of Leopard...and knew she'd be able to. She then looked to the filly, with a warm kind of look. Listening to Dee, she said "Yes, we two are together. We don't know your...this mare, but we could get to. Would you...like that?" she asked Gleam.

Leopard- stallion- 8 y- 16 hands- lone stallion- Memory is now his mare I believe- Kael, wants more- Tags: Memory

The black spotted white stallion wondered how she was doing, there. She'd gone silent for the moment, and he wondered if she was alright. He quickly figured out she was, by the way she moved into his touch. He made a happy little sound at this fact. He twitched his ears and flicked his tail a couple times. He then let his eyes look around a moment. None of the horses had come over near them. He sighed with relief over this fact, as she was ready...Well, she could be, but she moved away and lifted a hoof. He was careful of her hoof, then she lowered it again. He said "Don't worry, I won't do anything since you don't want me to. I won't let any other stallions try either, though, I can assure you of that."

She was his...not an object but a future mate, as she'd said maybe. She'd said maybe one day, maybe she'd let him have her. For now, he supposed he'd just be her stallion and her protector. Therefore, he wouldn't let any others near her, or himself. Well, he should probably find more mares. He wouldn't let other stallions near, though, that was it. He thought of what she'd said of her foal. He nodded and said "I'm glad he had others of the herd to protect him." He looked around again, then back to her. When she questioned him, he seemed to think on that for a moment. "Oh, just...away from all those crazy stallions. Do you think we should look for some more mares?" he asked the younger horse.

Kael- gelding- 2 y- 16 hands- loner- homoromantic (I think the rules said its allowed for geldings, and he's asexual)- will adopt if allowed- Tags: Erebos

The bay blanket Appaloosa watched the older mare for a moment. However, soon she'd moved off, looking at the other horses. He shook his head at this fact, and looked to the filly again. He nodded and said "That's...really upsetting...I mean, I guess none of us should like humans. They aren't too bad, aside from the fact they take some of us and change us. They seem to leave the mares alone, usually, though. Also, they tend to leave band leaders alone. That may be because those are stallions already, too strong for them to handle...I'm sorry to hear your dad is like that, though. I assume...you don't like that he does that to geldings? Yeah, it's not really a reason to chase them out...since they couldn't help getting taken by humans."

A Flowery Beauty/ Laurel- mare- 4 y- 14 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Hades

The red mare twitched her ears a couple times, then made them stay still. She flicked her tail back and forth. She seemed to sense or see the immediate effect she had over this stallion. That felt good, as, until now, she'd never had a stallion. At two, she'd still been in her father's herd. At three, she'd finally left that herd, and met a few stallions. For some reason, they hadn't seemed interested in her...She'd found it a little strange, given her own parents had said they'd met young. She focused back on the golden stallion. "It's nice to meet you, then, Hades. My name? My name is A Flowery Beauty, I don't know why my parents gave such a long name. They just referred to me as Laurel, anyway, so you may call me Laurel." She flared her nostrils a small moment. She then blinked as he bumped shoulders with her. She made a happy little contented sort of sound, then. She stood there shoulder to shoulder with him, and her eyes soon began to close.

Ell- mare- 18 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- had some foals- Tags: Tornado

The grayed out mare nodded as she looked at him. "I suppose I could look for a group of mares, but it seems like most of them are around the stallions. I've seen one smaller one go up to that show off younger stallion...She must be a younger mare, then." She shook her head over this fact. "Well...maybe you could go with me, if you want to. If we found a group of mares, they'd be okay with you being around, I'm sure. I mean, it's up to you, though...but it's been nice talking to you. Oh! We definitely did not. My name is Ell," she said.

Codi- stallion- 20 y- 15.3 hands- lone stallion- had some foals- Tags: Hurricane and Twister

The grayed out stallion nodded and said "I'm sure he was." He then noticed that the younger mare was looking around. "Oh...I'm sorry, I've just been talking to you two. I've probably made it seem like I wasn't interested...but that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to talk first, so you two could see I'm not some kind of rude stallion. A lot of them would just go straight to business...I'm definitely interested, but...are you two?" he asked. If they weren't, he didn't want to upset them, so he needed to know before he tried anything.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:46 am

name;; Salem
    --
    age;; Three
    --
    gender;; Stallion
    --
    height;; 15.3hh
    --
    appearance;; appaloosa
    --
    personality;; Salem is very reserved and quiet, hes not one for conflict and will probably never be a true lead stallion because of said fact.
    --
    rank;; lone stallion
    --
    foals;; n/a
    --

name;; Isa
    --
    age;; 5
    --
    gender;; mare
    --
    height;; 15.3hh
    --
    appearance;; xxx
    --
    personality;; stubborn at first but very loyal
    --
    rank;; lone mare
    --
    foals;; n/a
    --
Last edited by green. on Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grapejuice » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:08 pm

[ @LunaClaw, please change Jewel and Serenade's eye color to something natural. Only Bisou and Monarch are accepted at this time.
@green. Salem and Isa are accepted. ]

in death's grip
corpse || stallion || eleven || herd: brownie [?] || tags: morgue, cookie, brownie || location: island center

A smirk had crept it's way onto his lips, as he found himself more than pleased with Brownie's cooperation. While it remained obvious that the other mare, Cookie, had her sights set on his brother, Corpse decided this would be an issue to address later down the line. No need to spoil the mood, right? "Oh no need for all of that. Your sister will get to meet him in due time, rest assured." The dappled stallion shot a wink in Cookie's direction, a gesture meant to ease her nerves for the time being. Risking her bolting now would expend precious energy, and he couldn't let that happen. After all, her body language clearly screamed "piss off," so he would oblige. For now. Corpse sidled up to Brownie, now standing shoulder to shoulder with her, and leaned into her with a sigh. His muzzle reached out to gently lip at her forelock, while his gaze wandered over to where his brother and the other two ladies stood. He squinted his eyes, feeling his blood boil when they finally came into focus. How in the hells did his bumbling brat of a brother manage to get two stunners fawning over over him like that? He watched for a moment, dumbfounded as the two practically threw themselves on Morgue. What type of lies and bullcrap is he feeding them? Not wanting to lose his cool, Corpse gave a gentle nudge to the chocolate mare's cheek, and grinned. "If you two would like, we could go meet up with my brother right now! And Cookie can get the chance to meet him herself, what do you say?" His gaze flitted from one mare to the other as he awaited an answer. Of course, he hoped Brownie would stick by his side and not stray as easily.

graveyard shift
morgue || stallion || eight || herd: n/a || tags: corpse, scylla, charybdis || location: island center

Did he die and go to heaven? Because this... felt surreal. His head was reeling as Scylla now joined in the task of inspecting the blood bay, and his knees felt weak enough to buckle in that instant. But he wouldn't allow himself to be so obviously worked up and smitten; he had a mission to accomplish, he was supposed to be helping Corpse! Just as the thought crossed his mind, Chary grabbed hold of his forelock and forced his attention back onto her. This refocused the stallion, taking his mind off of his brother all together as he breathed a sigh of relief. Well, a little too soon. A light perfume wafted into his nose, causing his nostrils to flare, and pupils to dilate. Suddenly, being boxed in by the two mares made him feel a little too cozy, and his muscles became tense for an entirely different reason. His mouth opened to say something, reply to any question that had been aimed his way, but it suddenly felt like his tongue was tied and throat too dry. Words couldn't form to make a coherent sentence even if he tried, so long as that damned perfume entranced him. Morgue coughed, clearing his throat, and forcing himself to remain strong, to not give in so easily. He refused to be anything like his meatsack of a brother-- head over heels for any girl who even looked his way, and too eager to grow his harem and feed his obnoxiously inflated ego. "Perhaps safety wasn't the correct term... sanity, may be better fitting. It would make more sense if you met my brother, yourselves." The stallion muttered, rolling his eyes as he spoke.

Corpse definitely had a bad case of main character syndrome, meaning he was far too inconsiderate to think of Morgue as an equal. Morgue was simply his right-hand man, someone who was there to hear out his every word and expected to listen with bated breath, but never interject or speak for himself. And he had, for years, ever since he was a yearling and his Corpse was a wily bachelor looking to start a herd. Instead, Corpse became more of a mentor, offering to take wee little Morgue under his capable wing and show him the ropes. Things had been downhill since then... The feeling of Charybdis snaking her head under his brought him back to reality, snapping him out of his reminiscing. His ears twitched, listening to Scylla speak, before a smirk returned to his lips. "Aw, you don't think I'd look good with some battle scars?" Morgue managed to chuckle out, blissfully unaware of just how wrong he was. While he and his brother were of similar builds, Corpse practically dwarfed him in height and weight. His older brother had certainly gotten the beefcake genes, while he got... the intelligence, at least.

six feet under
hades || stallion || three || herd: n/a || tags: laurel || location: island center

The little golden bay felt as though he was on cloud nine. Never had any mare let him get this close to them, let alone let him touch them. The feeling of Laurel's warm pelt against his own had him buzzing with excitement, and he extended his muzzle to gently lip at her neck, and then her cheek. "Well I think you have a lovely name, Laurel. I will call you anything you want-- be it Laurel, my lady, my queen... anything your heart desires." A true sweet-talker, perhaps laying it on a bit too thick, Hades was willing to be her personal whipping boy if it meant she'd stay with him. Would she stay, if he asked? "So, uh... if you're not doing anything later or maybe, ya know, need a big strong stallion to guard you from all these pesky yearlings... I'd be honored if you chose to stay with me." His voice was a bit shaky, as he was incredibly new to the whole "courting" thing. Sure, he'd tried a number of times in the past. Fillies and mares alike, heck, even one time daring to be so bold and trying to snake away a stallion's daughter! You can imagine how well that had gone over. His pretty golden pelt had a few nicks here and there, all healed over with time, and there was no doubt in his mind he'd end up with far more as the years went on. Right now, though, he was hoping his proposal to Laurel wouldn't earn him a hoof to the face.

ghost of you
wraith || mare || ten || herd: n/a || tags: gleam, dee, jessaa || location: island center

Wraith hadn't been expecting company, and felt her chest tighten when two more horses began to approach her and the filly. While it wasn't her place to be warding off strangers, the painted mare felt a certain level of responsibility to keep this foal out of harm's way. Her ears flattened slightly, eyes narrowed as she turned her attention to the mare and stallion who'd decided to drop in. Thankfully, it seemed that the stallion had received the message loud and clear, as he took a step back to give them breathing room. His companion, however, did not seem to get the hint as she continued to press on and interrupt the conversation she'd been having with Gleam. Sensing the filly's nerves, Wraith snorted softly, a warning to the pair to back up and not overwhelm the foal even further. She didn't dare move from her spot on the grassy floor, wanting to remain at eye level with Gleam and avoid spooking her. As Dee and Jessaa introduced themselves, Wraith felt her own nerves ease slightly, and she continued on as she'd been before. Calm, soft-spoken, and kind. "I do not know these two myself, but if you feel comfortable with them staying, perhaps we can all get to know each other." The painted mare smiled to Gleam, although she hadn't missed Dee's offer for the four of them to join up. Wraith wasn't going to be so easily swayed, though she would stick by the filly's side until she was in safe company. Be it her own or the company of Dee and Jessaa, Wraith only wanted what was best for the foal.

voices in my head
poltergeist || mare || five || herd: n/a || tags: eclipse, celeste [mentions madeira, voodoo]|| location: island center

While being in the company of other mares was a huge relief to Poltergeist, she couldn't help but turn her head to look towards the groups of horses dotting the area. What if a random stallion saw them? What if the bachelor herd did? A group of young pretty mares like them-- they were practically sitting ducks! Each one of them with a bright red target on their backs, practically begging to be hit on and claimed. The thought alone makes her spine tingle and hairs stand on end, and the little roan clacks her teeth together nervously, her scented tail now firmly clamped down to avoid any unwanted attention. Not wanting to be rude, she returns her attention to the newest mares, Madeira and Voodoo, and takes the opportunity to introduce herself. "Hi. I'm Poltergeist, a pleasure to meet you both."
grapejuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:32 am

Last edited by green. on Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Not sure if it's considered an event, but all the horses have gathered together and are trying to get mares. Or in the case of some of mine, they're just trying to find friends right now

Sorry, I'll post after one or two more people do.]

BIC:
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icarus_UnderTheSea » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:39 am

name;;
    Zora
    age;;
    8y/o
    gender;;
    Mare
    height;;
    14.3hh
    appearance;;
    A stout and well-muscled grullo mustang with dark brown eyes and primitive markings. The dark line running down her back thickens towards the base of her tail, and the diluted parts of her body are a gunmetal grey, as though a layer of dust settled over her that she couldn't shake off.
    personality;;
    Zora, while considerably younger than some and still considered "in her prime", carries an emotional weight and calmness that speaks of ages of experience. She's stern and motherly, with a hint of a dry (and sometimes literal) sense of humor. More than happy to simply be quiet with someone, Zora tends to offer herself up as a rock for others to depend on. Though, her strictness can easily turn into aggression if pushed too hard, with a headstrong attitude that more than easily ends up with arguments of some kind or another breaking out.
    rank;;
    Lone Mare
    foals;;
    None currently.

name;;
    Pistol
    age;;
    11y/o
    gender;;
    Mare
    height;;
    15hh
    appearance;;
    A lanky solid chestnut mare with lighter-brown (almost hazel, though not quite) eyes.
    personality;;
    Chestnut mares, man. Pistol, half the time, behaves as though the world is in slow motion, more withdrawn with long periods of silence for thinking and thinking only. The other half of the time, her personality matches her name, ready to fire on the simple pull of a trigger (or, in this case, a wrong word). Sharp-tongued and quick-witted, she's a hassle to deal with on bad days. Normally, though, she's friendly, teasing (with the tendency to go too far if not told otherwise), and wary of her surroundings, preferring to be aware of what's going on.
    rank;;
    Lone Mare
    foals;;
    None currently.

name;;
    Toklo
    age;;
    12y/o
    gender;;
    Stallion
    height;;
    16.3hh
    appearance;;
    A lean and tall stallion, wild cherry bay in color with a "bald" white face and icy blue eyes. He has two white stockings on his back legs, stretching up to his hock, and pastern markings in the front.
    personality;;
    Reassuring, faithful, and all-around kindhearted, Toklo tends to be a pleasant horse to be around, not much of a sweet-talker and instead preferring simple honesty and conversation to draw someone in. Still, he's easily excitable and energetic, despite soon reaching what'll likely be the point of half his life (maybe less, depending on the activity of predators and other stallions), his actions sometimes unpredictable.
    rank;;
    Lone Stallion
    foals;;
    None currently.

name;;
    Vale
    age;;
    2¾ y/o
    gender;;
    Stallion
    height;;
    18hh
    appearance;;
    A tall and muscular stallion, though he still carries the lanky traits of his colt-hood. He's a blue roan, dark (mistakeable for black) in the winter, though the dilution is more obvious come the warmer seasons, with dark brown eyes.
    personality;;
    Vale is an echo of his youth, excitable and proud with a tendency to "blow up", even if its not always from fear. He's curious and playful, although with it, he tends to be naive. If you lied to him about just about anything, especially the closer you are to him, he'd believe it. Vale tries to be a bit of a "lady's man", but... Well, he's new to this. Give him a minute, he's working on it.
    rank;;
    Lone Stallion
    foals;;
    None.
Last edited by Icarus_UnderTheSea on Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus_UnderTheSea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grapejuice » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:27 pm

[ @Icarus_UnderTheSea: all accepted! thanks for joining us :)
for our most recent members, welcome! there are no big events currently happening on the island, it is currently spring and everyone is out and about meeting one another. herds are beginning to form, so don't be shy to jump in and tag someone! ]

---

MINI-ANNOUNCEMENT:
As of today, thread members Blumenkranz and lynettetan1 are official moderators to this thread! They'll be able to accept/reject forms on my behalf and send out rule reminders if and when necessary. I've roleplayed with these two for years and trust them fully with helping me out when I can't be online. Thanks a ton, friends <3
grapejuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:40 am

Scylla
11 years•Lone mare• Sultry, bored• tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Charybdis, Brownie, Cookie• Heat stage 0

Scylla had to admit-it was a little cute. Often, when a stallion was faced with them, there were only a few limited options, due to the nature of stallions and mares and how they interacted with each other. One could fawn, comfort, try to flirt, or perhaps even act like one owned them already. Not discounting the occasions when the two were already spoken for, of course-not that that stopped it all of the time (Morgue had been right when he spoke of them being frequently swamped). Being a full bloodied mare in her own right, Scylla had her favourite of the options, as Chary and most other mares possibly did. But like any other mare coming into contact with a stallion, Scylla was always aware of and prepared of the possibility of any one of the outcomes.

But Morgue's reaction was an interesting blend of the two. Judging by his eyes and the ways his muscles twitched under their touch, the blood bay wanted nothing more than to submit to the ministrations of the two mares before him, but each time his lip seemed to wobble, the stallion almost seemed to muster himself, before he stood up straight again. Not to do a counter argument, Scylla noted, the stallion wasn't making strong overtures or any sort of strong case apart from the one his body had already made for him. No, when he could, he stood strong, he held his composure, and he returned the affection where he could, but he did not make any offers. It seemed like he was acting like bait.

Which was curious. No matter how deep his apparent irritation with the other seemed to run, she couldn't see anyone being bait unless he was taking orders, which explained the reluctance right at the outset. It also explained how seemingly sweet he was being right now, which meant that Scylla had to temper her expectations. Whether or not he would be so sweet when joined by his companion remained to be seen.

When Chary's heat entered the picture, however, it was an adorable thing to see, his entire body locking up as he breathed in, but no matter how he tried to hide it, his ears twitched as she spoke, and Scylla knew that if she pressed nose up to his chest, she'd be able to hear the rapid beat of his heart. Of course, there was no need to do such a thing. Yet.

When he spoke of his body with a few scars, the image came unbidden, his bright colouring accentuated even more clearly with the dark red of spilt blood, that pretty mane mussed up with sweat and dirt, hurt added to the colours in those dark eyes. Oh, no. He wouldn't look good. He'd look perfect.

At the thought, Scylla's eyes roamed over to her sister's, and Scylla knew her sister felt the same way. Fortunately or unfortunately, when the two brothers had joined up with them, there would have been the promise of violence in their future, and Scylla only hoped it lasted long enough for them to at least taste the buds of their efforts, if not the fruit. A little one tottering around like him, or with the arrogance of his brother, it would be a cute thing, flaws dampened by the natural foil of the young. And so, Scylla hummed softly, as if she was thinking. "I suppose I can be convinced otherwise." She lied, curling her head to lip at his withers, turning her head just so that her dark brown eye could watch the Morgue's brother, but her attention was hidden by the wavy lengths of her mane. The other seemed unperturbed, but there was an excitement, an urgency to his actions that hadn't been there before, and Scylla hid her own little smile.

The game of courting was an ancient one, mares and stallions dancing to it's tune since time immemorial. However, that did not mean there were only a set few ways to play it. If one just applied a little bit of creativity, it could get very interesting indeed. Sometimes, the awkward just needed a little push. "Though I suppose, that's only something we'll know if we all get to travel together."

Charybdis
11 years• Lone mare• Excitable, invigorated • tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Scylla, Brownie, Cookie•heat stage 1

It seemed like Morgue didn't quite understand where to put his attention. He was still beneath their hooves, a wonderful warm hunk of twitching muscle where they could clearly see the affect they held on him, but just as quickly, his mind often seemed to flit away, focusing on something else that put a glaze in his eye, which was a little irritating.

Chary wasn't a possessive mare in the typical sense-how could she be? With her character, Chary fully believed that pleasure was a wonderful thing, and something to be shared. However, in that vein, when she did spend some time with another equine, she expected the other to be present.

He was easy enough to redirect, and Chary was mollified by the ease it took to bring him back, but to say she was so appeased it never existed would be a lie. She was a little bit grudgeful, after all.

All the same, when her heat hit him, Chary watched with amusement and a feeling of righteousness as his nostrils flared, his pupils seeming to get blown and large, and she let out a soft laugh, openly watching with glee but growing more attracted to him in turn. Yes, that was more like it. He opened his mouth a few times, trying desperately to talk, and it was only because Chary didn't want to destroy his efforts that she restrained the urge to flick her tail and watch that focus skitter like a droplet hitting stone.

He coughed, struggled, and Chary patiently watched, not bothering to unglue herself from the other's side. When he could speak, he spoke of his brother, and Chary wondered what his hang-up was. He was clearly bothered about his brother, when Chary herself had only brought the topic up once. However, concentrated psychoanalysis was more Scylla's preferred game than Chary's own, and there were much better uses of her own time. And so, her patience running out, Chary trailed her lips along Morgue's back before she was lipping at his rump, then travelling lower to give the base of his tail a quick nip right as she flicked her tail, sending another weak dose of her heat his way. After all, if he was so caught by her scent, it was simple generosity to give the other stallion more of what he so seemed to enjoy, was it not?

When he could speak once more, touching on how he would look with a few scars, Chary's mind supplied the image so clearly she could see it, and Chary's gaze shot to her sister before she swallowed slowly, letting her sister handle the question, her head angled so the other couldn't see the interest mixing with the lust in her eyes. They often scared others right off the bat with their behaviours, and so she stayed silent, laughing at Scylla's answer and nodding.

Winter’s Détente (Dee)
8 years• Herd stallion: Jessaa• Happy, curious, protective• tagged: Jessaa, Wraith, Gleam. Mentioned: Kael, Ouroboros, Erebos, Twister

The mare was attached to the foal, that much was for sure. When they had approached, her ears had flattened, her head turning to give them a direct stare. It was a clear sign, for them to step back. She wasn't closed off to communicating, however, relaxing slightly when they'd stepped back. She was still wary, sending out a warning snort that Dee respected. He'd been around many mares that had adopted foals that had been misfortunate enough to lose their parents, and given that he was also of the mind to extend a helping hand if he was able and had the resources, Dee only felt more curious about the new mare as well, hoping that the other would stay around with time.

Jessaa clearly felt empathetic toward the foal as well, and that only encouraged Dee more. When it came down to it, he wasn't going to snake the mare or her foal-not only would it be unwise with all the other horses so close by that could easily then come after Jessaa, he wasn't all that willing to keep a mare that didn't want to stay with him. He'd been around stallions that had, and with the personal secondhand experience, Dee knew enough that if a mare wanted to leave, he personally didn't want to stop her.

All the same, she seemed to soften once they'd introduced herself, turning her attention back to the foal. Whatever she felt about them, it was clear that she trusted them enough to not be a threat at least, and with protective mares like the current one, that was already a step in the right direction.

As Jessaa approached, Dee let out a soft whicker, touching his nose gently to hers at the offered contact. The other's touch soothed him gently, and them interacting amongst themselves relieved a little pressure from the mare and the foal for now, letting them feel the company without feeling actively pressured by their presences.

As he did so, however, Dee didn't miss how they seemed to have caught a little bit of attention from some of the other horses. Looking over into the meadow, he saw Jessaa's child that she'd pointed out before, surrounded by a young mare and an even younger one, perhaps only 2 years old. As he did so, Dee saw Kael look over almost curiously, as did the young paint mare. At that, the stallion's ears pricked forward curiously, a natural reaction to any mare showing interest. And yet, his allegiance was currently to his herd, and the mare and foal he'd run across. Though they clearly were not a part of his herd yet, he'd decided to extend his protection to them nonetheless and as such would not leave till they were in a slightly safer position, even if they decided not to join up with him.

As such, Dee bobbed his head slightly to both the gelding as well as the two mares, but then turned his body more fully, blocking the way to Jessaa and the others in a clear movement. Though he had no clear emnity toward them right now, and perhaps even a little curiosity-he did want to speak to the gelding at some point to let him know he was welcome- now was not a good time, and approaching would lead to conflict.

And then, the older mare was speaking once more, and Dee's ear twitched toward her, alert and curious as to what the other would say. She was definitely kind enough, sweet towards the foal so as not to spook her, but clearly drawing the lines of where she stood, not one to be swayed quite so easily. By the phrasing, she had clearly caught Dee's inclination, and whilst it wasn't a no, it certainly wasn't going to be an easy yes either.

But that was fine. She would want what was best for the foal, and it would be good for Gleam to just get some time to find her own legs and get her bearings. Some part of Dee wanted to speak to the foal, to ask where she was from, but it was best for the foal to focus on one horse at once, and the paint mare looked like she had quite an experienced hand, so Dee simply left it alone, already having established that he would be here if the other needed him.

As he grazed, Dee caught sight of another dapple grey mare with a silver bay, both seeming to talk to another stallion. As such, he would have assumed them spoken for, even if tentatively -the stallion did seem rather old, but her gaze seemed a little questioning, and Dee cocked his head ever so slightly, though he still didn't move. Though like any stallion, he was curious, he wasn't the type that plunged in, thinking of numbers and how many mares he could cover before the season ended. Even as a bachelor, he'd tried doing such things, but he hadn't been able to succeed, always ending up bonding to a mare long after even she had tired of him, spending too much time around any one mare to really run between the herds and sneakily cover as many mares as possible.

More than a large herd, Dee wanted to build a tight knit herd, and for something like that, he wouldn't take his eyes off his current herd. Even with the company of Jessaa and the plausible company of Gleam and Wraith, he felt his heart expanding ever so slightly, as if with every beat, it inhaled, getting just a little bigger with hope. This was where Dee excelled, with a family to protect and guard, and if other stallions called him too cautious or a wimp for it, it was where he truly wished to be.

And so, despite a ear toward the meadow to watch the other horses, most of his attention remained steadfastly on the others, stalwart in his promise to protect what he had.

A Forgotten Tale (Memory)
6 years• Herd mare• Reassured, comforted• Tagged: Leo• Heat stage 2

When he shifted away, Memory relaxed, glad that he had gotten the message right away and she hadn't had to escalate to any larger movements, or have gotten pressured into anything. His words were warm as well, and Memory found herself dipping her head agreeably, letting out a little warm nicker of agreement. It wasn't as if she'd given him a hard no, after all. She had accepted going with him in his herd, and with that was the implicit agreement to carry his foals, that she thought he was a suitable protector. However, she was still too early in her heat for any kind of covering, especially not from someone she'd just met today. As her heat progressed and he stayed by her side, she would certainly be a little more receptive, as was the way.

As he echoed his hopes for her own foal, Memory felt her heart warm. She'd been tentative about revealing the gender of her foal at first, but the 'he' had slipped out unbidden as she'd thought of his little dark hooves and tremulous neighs. Some stallions turned aggressive upon mention of a colt, their instincts kicking in to get rid of possible competition, but to hear him wish her colt well was a nice surprise. At the action, she whickered softly, standing by his side.

At his reply, however, Memory cocked her head slightly, lagging a little in confusion. It certainly had been the first time a stallion had asked her if he should get more mares, and she paused a little, before nodding. Didn't all stallions want more mares as a general rule? "I think that would be good." A larger herd would mean more eyes and ears to look out for predators, and though it meant one was more visible to other stallions, Leo seemed old enough to not need to be unduly cautious about other stallions, at least not at the moment. On a more long term note, a larger herd would be better equipped to survive the winter, with more bodies to huddle against for the warmth on a cold night.

Looking out over the meadow, Memory saw two paint mares with a younger colt, and another two mares with an older stallion. Over in the corner, there was a large herd, and with a loud whinny, she saw a bunch of mares diverge just slightly before they converged once more. More than not having the opportunity, it felt almost as if they were spoilt for choice. As she thought, Memory also saw some mares being chatted up by a few colts, one in the meadow and another set in the ocean. Whilst most of these groups had a stallion, the stallions were either too old or young, which meant Leo would have an easy time snatching them away he chose to, with the exception of two older, heavy set stallions at the corner, and a bay in a forest further away. Of them all, a paint mare seemed to be looking toward them, as did an older dapple mare. "Do any of them catch your attention?"

Rituals Under Twilight (Voodoo)
3 years•Lone mare• Celebratory, energetic• Tagged: Celeste, Poltergeist, Madeira, Eclipse• Heat stage 0

Greetings were exchanged, as were scents, and once Voodoo had enough of a time to really think about it, it struck her as strange. None of them really had the scent of a stallion. Had they all left for better fields? It seemed implausible, especially with how jittery some of them looked. In fact, Voodoo was trying her best to take special care not to burst into a run and spook them, though she really wanted to. Somehow, she could feel that the other mares weren't necessarily like Celeste.

"Isn't it wondrous how we all found each other? And no stallion!" Voodoo said, not really one that had a filter existing between her thoughts and her words. At the thought, she looked around at the meadow, then at the ocean. around her, stallions talked to mares, open flirting going on around her, So it wasn't quite that there were no stallions. Though Voodoo knew that part of her should be feeling a little impatient, she was a little thankful for the moment of respite, if she was being hoenst. Though it was interesting to have some fun with a stallion, they were often concerned about keeping everyone together, staying safe and making foals, which was fine and all, but paled in comparison to the companionship she'd managed to find with the little dark mare by her side. "Maybe they're all busy for now. We've stolen a little bit of magical time, we have!" Voodoo crowed excitedly, flashing the others a smile.

It was what her mother had called the time spent between themselves. Being of a middle rank in her past herd, her mother had often had to follow the lead mare and the stallion, as well as concern herself with herd hierarchies, ensuring that she would respond appropriately and not drop within the herd's dominance rankings. When they managed to get a little time to themselves, the way the little group of mares had now, her mother called it magical time, time stolen away from the constraints of the world. For a little bit of time, the world was theirs with which to do as they pleased, and Voodoo was ecstatic about it.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:37 am

(AGH sorry it took me so long!! Life’s been crazy busy for me lately with the holidays but I wanted to try to get something up ;_; I hope I didn’t miss anything!)

Hvitur | 11 years | Lead Stallion | Tags: Dana

Hvitur nodded at Dana. Her son was not far from him in age, and though he couldn’t remember if he had encountered a stallion by the name of Dann, he briefly wondered if he had ever seen him wandering the island. However his thoughts turned back to Dana when she agreed to join him.

“That’s wonderful!” Hvitur stepped closer and nudged her with his muzzle, beaming. “I swear I will do my best to be a good lead to you and any other mares who may join us.”

Ezekiel | 2 years | Bachelor | Tags: Pharao

“Maybe?” The corner of Ezekiel’s lips turned down in a slight frown. Pharao’s words made sense, perhaps it was better to let the mares to approach than the other way around. Both he and Pharao were quite young, still growing into their bodies and not as filled out as the older, more experienced stallions that pranced about with easy confidence.

His eyes followed Pharao’s gaze to the mares. “Yeah...would probably have a better chance there...maybe we could do something to make them want to approach us? I saw a stallion showing off earlier, and maybe if we tried the same, mares would notice us?”

Celeste | 5 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Voodoo, Poltergeist, Eclipse, Madeira

Celeste was glad that her racing companion had taken her invitation to the other mares in stride. Though she slowed her pace in order to greet the new faces, the adrenaline continued to course through her body. Sweat darkened her flanks and her nostrils flared for breath as she offered the other mares an easy smile.

Despite the urge to let loose and gallop again, her excitement in meeting potential new friends overshadowed it. She stretched out her neck to greet the other mares, eyes bright and ears forward, before swiveling her head to brush her muzzle against the bay she had been racing with. Celeste had been so swept up in their play that she had not known that her name was Voodoo until now.

“You can call me Celeste!” she introduced herself. She was shortly distracted by Voodoo’s invitation to play, and she wheeled away from the others. She tossed her head, silver mane flowing down her neck in disheveled waves, legs dancing and ready to tear up the earth. But the mares, introducing themselves as Eclipse, Madeira, and Poltergeist, didn’t seem to be interested in games at the moment. That was fine, though Celeste had to internally tell herself to settle down as she walked back to the group and tried to even her breathing.

As Voodoo said, it was wondrous that all of them had no stallion. Not that she had any against stallions or was disinterested in a herd, but there was something quite freeing about not being guarded by one. “No stallion is fine by me! More time for us to do whatever we want!”

Persephone | 9 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Dann

“Ah...I see. Well, you never know! This island is only so big, maybe one day you’ll get to see them again,” Persephone tried to offer a reassuring smile. Dann seemed like a lovely stallion, and though she had never met his foals, she still wished the best for them. At his question, her smile only widened. “Yes, I would love that. I’m...tired of being alone, and would love to stay with you.”

Zinnia | 3 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Cossette, Sphinx

Zinnia watched the young stallion with wariness, but not complete disregard. She stayed close to the other mare’s side as she watched him, mentally preparing herself to flee if he showed any sign of pushing boundaries. So far he seemed alright, but one never knew. “My name is Zinnia,” she introduced herself, before glancing at the mare that stood beside her.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me