islands of the lost [a wild horse rpg - open & accepting!]

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: islands of the lost [a wild horse rpg - open & accepting

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:59 am

Eclipse
5 years old/ Dark Side of the Moon/ Mare/ 16.2 hh/lone mare/ tags: open
Eclipse was moving along, grazing on the grass. As she walked further, she spotted a large gathering of other horses. She approached carefully, trying to gage what was going on, and if these other horses were friendly or not.

Prom
3 years old/ Promanade/ Mare/ 15.2 hh/ lone mare/ tags: open
Prom noticed a group of horses hanging around, and she was interested in seeing what they were doing. She trotted over, noticing they were in fact multiple groups talking.

Amadia
7 years old/ Vengeance of the Fallen/ Mare/ 16.1 hh/ lone mare/ tags:open
Amadia noticed horses chatting with one another, but she didn’t feel like interacting with them. “Pathetic” she muttered under her breath. She disliked social gatherings.

Siren
10 years old/ Siren’s Call/ Mare/ 17.3 hh/ lone mare/ tags; Euphoria
Siren led her filly, Euphoria, towards the center of the island to graze alongside her, but she noticed a large amount of horses gathered there. She didn’t go any closer as she was afraid they’d hurt her foal.

Euphoria
8 months old/ Euphoric Memories/ Filly/ 12.1 hh/ tags: Siren
Currently walking alongside her mother

Damion
12 years old/ Devil’s Curse/ Stallion/ 17.3 hh/ lone stallion/ tags: open
Damion sniffed the air, he neighed, shaking his mane slightly. He then walked and grazed on the grass, taking a mouthful and chewing.

Puff
3 years old/ Puffball/ Gelding/ 10 hh/ loner/ tags: open
Puffball is grazing, he’s free to tag.

Gleam
6 months old/ My Light in the Night/ 12 hh/ orphan/ tags:open
Gleam hid away in the bushes, afraid of the other much larger horses around.
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 am

(I am so tempted to make a character just to take in Gleam she's so cute but I'm telling myself to hold myself in HAHAHHA someone do it so I can live vicariously through them pls)

Scylla
11 years•Lone mare• Sultry, bored• tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Charybdis, Brownie, Cookie

There were two of them.

The prospect soured Scylla's mood at first, given that now they would just as easily divide and conquer instead of the back and forth that she was so looking forward to. Without meaning to, her teeth came down a little harder on Chary's back than she intended, but the other leaned in clearly of the view that she hadn't been scratching hard enough, so that was fine. Watching them discuss strategy, Scylla evaluated them both carefully in her mind's eye.

They were both of thick set builds, more muscled than even Charys, easy strength under a rippling coat. It was hard not to watch the both of them move without it inspiring at least a little admiration, and even harder not to imagine it in action. When Chary spoke the impulse into action, Scylla didn't say a word, but pressed her plush nose to the other's withers in silent agreement and affirmation.

The shorter one of the two had seen them first, a bay colour with a red undertone that pulsed underneath and drew one's attention, but he seemed to hesitate at the sight, not yet close enough for Scylla to determine if it was out of indecision, shock, or perhaps even submissiveness.

His companion, a solid bay, seemed more excited and simple as he considered the prospect, dancing about surprisingly nimbly for his size before they both spoke to each other. And then, it was decided, and the blood bay was heading toward them, a heavy tread in his step that wasn't solely because of his bulk.

Unused to being approached with anything but some form of desperation, Scylla lifted her head, watching the other draw closer somewhat coldly. No matter, the other would realise his mistake in turn.

And it seemed like he was, finally smiling at them and at least seeming eager for the moment. As he moved close enough for Scylla to spot gentle dapples within his coat and stopped at a respectful distance, Scylla listened neutrally. After he was done, she paused for a moment, before wordlessly stretching out her head, bringing it toward him at his greeting. She shifted till her nose was just about touching his if not for the thinnest layer of air, and breathed in his scent quietly, holding her breath as if testing the quality like a sommelier. Finally let out a soft sigh, letting her breath warm the bones of his nose bridge. "I'd imagine so." Was all she said in reply, her soft tone sounding alluring, a direct contrast to the content of her words.

And then, the lure. Drawing back, Scylla turned, picking up an elegant trot a few steps away, arching her neck into a bow as she picked up the movement, her wavy locks framing a leanly muscled topline as she danced, before stopping in the center of the meadow where she dropped her head back down and continued grazing, no indication of if she wanted the other to follow or leave. With her movement, she hadn't drawn too far away either, but she certainly couldn't be said to be close in any way. In fact, with the resuming of the grazing, it was like she'd forgotten the other's existence entirely.

Charybdis
11 years• Lone mare• Excitable, invigorated • tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Scylla, Brownie, Cookie•heat stage 0

Two stallions!

Chary watched with interest, pausing in her grooming as her tail raised, flagging with interest and excitement. It wasn't like the mare was in heat, having just come out of winter and having had no foals to move her into foal heat. All the same, stallions excited her, and it'd been quite a long time since she'd seen two so bulky-but if the solid bay was any indication, they both seemed to be pretty spry. As Scylla's teeth pushed hard into a particularly itchy spot, Chary let out a groan, attempting to lean into her sister and only stopping when Scylla's response was to step a little further away.

"I'd certainly like to see them in a fight." She observed, and she knew her sister agreed.

When he stopped a few steps away, Chary let out a friendly whicker as she bobbed her head, inviting the other a little closer-all the easier to touch, after all.

When Scylla stepped forward, however, Chary's ears perked in interest, the mare not moving forward as she watched her sister's greeting. It wasn't exactly rare for Scylla to approach others, but she usually preferred for Chary's to just do what she wanted. As such, when she did want anything, Chary's was more than happy to let her step aside.

After all, for how varied and fickle her sister's interest was, it would not last too long.

As expected, Scylla trotted away, and her sudden disinterest had Chary turning back to Morgue, her message clear. She was done playing, and it was Chary's turn now.

Whickering at Morgue, she stepped forward, close enough that both of their chests bumped, partially in excitement and partially to how the other would react. "Morgue, you said?" Then, she was stepping round him, bringing her head to his withers, his stomach, bumping it with her velveteen nose. "I'm Charybdis, and my sister's name is Scylla. How old are you?"

Flicking her tail errantly, Chary let out a slightly pleased neigh when the coarse hairs flew over Morgue to drape themselves over his side, having just wanted to see if she could. Lining her body parallel to his now, she reveled in the feeling of her tail gently trailing off the top of her back before falling back into line at her rump. That done, she bumped his side with her own affectionately, without care that she smelled like fresh dirt and tree trunk, or that some of her loose hairs were definitely rubbing off on him. He'd be smelling like her for the next foreseeable hours or so, unless he did something about it. In fact, she hoped he didn't. "Are you and that stallion siblings? Or traveling companions? Do you guys have a herd?"

Winter’s Détente (Dee)
8 years• Lone stallion• Deep in thought, Curious• tagged: Jessaa

The mare whinnied back at him, a clear sign that he was both noticed and not unwelcome. Emboldened, he took a few steps closer, stretching his neck toward her in a clear offer to exchange scents. Her name was gentle, and he committed it firmly to memory. "Jessaa then. It's a beautiful name."

And one he wanted to use often, but he didn't want to go too fast first. For a moment, she seemed distracted, looking away for a moment, and Dee followed her gaze to a young bachelor in the distance. Probably a past foal of hers, by the looks of it. Before he could speak on it, however, she'd turned back, her soft brown eyes focusing on him, and a whicker escaped him at the attention. He wasn't really all that much of a sweet talker, but looking at her, Dee knew he wanted her to stay with him.

At her words, he thought for a moment. "I lost my herd a while back, which is something I regret, but life does not go on without loss, and I will hold their memories with me as I attempt to rebuild." At that, he whickered gently, ears pricked toward her. "On that note, I was hoping that I was looking at the start of one." Judging from her behaviour, she didn't seem to be too far in heat, so he wasn't going to ask to cover her till perhaps a little later on, but his heart soared at the thought of having a herd once more, and finding a start in Jessaa at the very start of spring. "What do you say?"

A Forgotten Tale (Memory)
6 years•Lone mare• Spooked, unsure• Tagged: Leo•Heat stage 2

The stallion didn't reply at first, seeming to stare into the distance, and for a moment, Memory panicked internally, wondering if she'd offended him. But then, he let out a soft nicker, and she stayed her impulse to flee. His words were polite, almost gentlemanly, and Memory looked at him curiously, intrigued. Most stallions started out with their name, or trying to impress or snake, and the new approach was refreshing.

She flushed a little, remembering her embarrassing behaviour just before, and bobbed her head slightly in apology. Feeling grateful for the company and the reassurance it provided, she nuzzled his cheek gently in thanks. "You did. And now we are no longer alone, because we're here together." As she did so, the rest of his words unfurled in her mind, and Memory let out a questioning rumble. "But you're alone too? Where is your herd?" Had he lost them too? Or did he belong to a bachelor band somewhere?

Suddenly, she paused, the realisation flashing through her mind. "I don't know your name! You don't know mine either!" Letting out a soft laugh, she met his eyes once more. "My name is A Forgotten Tale, but you can call me Memory."

Rituals Under Twilight (Voodoo)
3 years•Lone mare• Exploratory, celebratory• Tagged: open• Heat stage 0

As she ran, a loud call.

Attention caught but energy unspent, Voodoo whipped her head around, seeing a darker shape hurtling toward her as she continued running. All the same, not knowing what the other would say, Voodoo slowed a little, allowing the other to catch up.

As they did, the shape turned into a mare about her age, with a chocolate coat and a mane that was silver, gleaming in the light. Watching her, Voodoo's ears pricked with interest. She'd never seen such a colouring before.

But the other mare didn't want to talk. Slowing, she gave Voodoo a grin, and as Voodoo caught the other's meaning, a smile bloomed wide and furious on her face. "Do I ever!" Voodoo crowed, and immediately reared in joy, before slamming her hooves down on the ground and letting out a buck, careful not to kick in the direction of her new friend.

Just like that, when her hooves touched the ground once more, she pushed her weight into them, launching forward. Her hooves thudded hard, gripping and cleaving the soil beneath them as she whinnied loudly both to her friend and in happiness.

As she worked up a sweat, a spark of energy burst through her being, and she did a few side hops as she ran, showing off her athleticism and continuing to invite the other to play even though they were already in the middle of a race, so overjoyed by the company and the activity alike.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:48 am

Bouncanier - lone stallion - 6 years - Tags: open

Madeira - lone mare - 3½ years - tags: open
It took a few months before she was separated from the other lone mare she was being travelling with after leaving her parents, or mother. Her father was left out a few years ago. She did see two bachelors there earlier but decided to keep her distance, without getting noticed by them. She was not sure about young bachelors as they seemed annoyingly energetic and usually they spoke more than they could do to keep their words.

Ouroboros - lone mare - 5 years - Tags: Erebos, open
She took a little irritated look at the gelding, she had a little bit of a negative image of those horses, even if being a gelding was not their choice. She wondered why those humans even let those unbreedable horses roam free, she didn't get it but kept the thought to her own head as she already had a fight with a gelding because of her choice of words which offended the other horse. She lightly shook her head and started to move toward the group there, leaving her daughter with the stranger.

Erebos - lone mare - 2 years - Tags: Ouroboros, Kael
She looked at the young horse, feeling kind of disappointed that they were not truly a stallion, but it didn't matter to her that much, she actually liked to have friends with geldings too. She flicked her tail "I am Erebos, the mare there is my mother Ouroboros, we were kind of looking at a herd or a group..." she said "I am not sure what kind of group this is as there are unusually many stallions at the same place with so many mares" she said rather excitedly. She then shook her head "Oh sorry I speak too much...what's your name stranger?" she asked them.

Pharao - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Ezekiel
He took a sight and kept his distance from the group there as he saw them there. He knowed very well that his chances there were not good, especially with all those handsome strong stallions, who charmed the Mares like honey to the bear. He took a look at the bachelor there, walking over to the young stallion "Hello hello there, are you there being left out for the party too?" he spoke up to the bachelor.

Sphinx - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Cosette, Zinnia (maybe?)
He felt thirsty, he saw the water not so far away so he decided to go the way he remembered to see the blue liquid that would quench his thirst. He left the other bachelors for a moment and moved elsewhere alone, his focus was to smell the water, but stopped when noticed a mare there or two. He knowed that his chances were not good, but having a little conversation with them could not be a bad thing. He took his move to the water his eyes looked to the Chesnuts there then the other one not so far away "Oh hello there, don't mind me...I am just going to drink..." he spoke up to them.

Hurricane - lone mare - 16 years - Tags: Twister, Codi
Her eyes looked to the stallion approving them "Good afternoon to you...Codi" she spoke up to the stallion. She was a little bit alert but wanted to give the stallion a chance, she and her half-sister needed protection and she kind of wanted to find a strong mate choice too as when her time came to bring foals to the world again. She shook her head "I am Hurricane" she managed to say, her tail flicking a little bit "Yeah, it seems to be chaos on there, wondering what is going on there, maybe the spring is making everyone go crazy" she whined.

Twister - lone mare - 13 years - Tags: Hurricane, open
She looked at the group at the distance, then at the stallion approving them. She lightly lowered her head a little bit as she scanned the grayish stallion "Oh hello, I am Twister, nice to meet you as well Codi" she responded silently. She shook her head a little bit "It's kind of weird to see so many stallions together with some many mares at the same place..." she mentioned.

Tornado - lone gelding - 16 years - Tags: Ell
The large silver-black dapple horse looked over to the mare, but like most other stallions he was not that excited about the attention they were having now. Maybe because he was being gelded they didn't have the same hormones that an original stallion could have. He shook his head "Name is Tornado, nice to meet you...Ell" he responded to the pretty-looking mare.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:10 am

Hvitur | 11 years | Lone Stallion | Tags: Dana

Hvitur came to a halt in front of the mare and stretched out his neck to reach out to her with his muzzle in greeting. He couldn’t smell a herd on her, nor did an angry band stallion come charging at him. So far so good. “My name is Hvitur, and it’s a pleasure to meet you. What is your name?” he asked, his tone light.

Ezekiel | 2 years | Bachelor | Tags: Pharao

Ezekiel turned his attention away from the wandering mares and preening bachelors and instead to a young bachelor like himself. He wondered briefly if the other stallion had also been recently kicked from his band, or if he was more well versed in all this than Ezekiel was.

“Yeah,” he sighed. His white tail flicked as his eyes went back to what was going on around them. “Um...it’s alright though. I don’t really know if I want to. Seems kind of crazy.” It wasn’t that he didn’t want to join in, more so that he was still figuring out how to be an adult. He couldn’t say that he had the confidence to simply waltz up to a mare and try to woo her, as tempting as it was to do so. And stealing from a band stallion was out of the question for him. Many of the band stallions he had seen were well-muscled and battle scarred, while he was lanky and had only been in sparring matches.

He looked back at the other bachelor with curiosity. “Are you going to try to join in?”

Celeste | 5 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Voodoo

Celeste’s grin widened as the bay mare answered her playful challenge. “Show me what you got!” she shouted, then erupted into an enormous leap followed by a buck once her hooves touched the ground.

She’s fast! Celeste thought. This was what she wanted, someone who could match her energy. The other mare’s playfulness encouraged Celeste on and she lengthened her strides. Her silver mane and tail streamed behind her like a banner in the wind as her dark legs ate up the ground. She whinnied for the sheer joy of it, her smile never leaving her muzzle.

The world seemed to blur past them as they tore through the meadow, and all Celeste could focus on was the mare beside her and how fast she could push herself to go.

Persephone | 9 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Dann

“I’m Persephone,” she answered with a small smile. Her dark eyes observed him carefully, but she held no apprehensions towards him, at least not yet. She wanted to surround herself with other horses, and though she had just met this stallion, she didn’t sense anything off-putting from him.

He appeared to be about her age, and though she couldn’t see a herd with him, he appeared fit and capable. Rather than dance around the subject, she decided to be upfront. “What is your name? And do you have a herd?” A small pause, then she continued with a hopeful look in her eyes. “I’m...alone at the moment, but am hoping to group up with others. I saw a mountain lion just the other day so it’s a bit scary on my own...”

Zinnia | 3 years | Lone Mare | Tags: Cossette, Sphinx

Zinnia hadn’t expected to see another horse here, a young mare like herself no less. A pretty chestnut wandered the beach, heading closer inland. Zinnia found her hooves carrying her to the other mare’s direction. Safety in numbers, and all that.

“Were you also trying to get away from all the craziness?” she asked with a gentle smile. It was then that another horse came out from the trees, a young stallion. Zinnia’s body instinctively tensed as she expected trouble, and she took a step closer to Cosette. She nodded to the stallion and watched him with caution. For a seemingly young stallion, she was a bit surprised at how well-mannered he appeared. Two lone mares was a prize for any stallion, especially a young bachelor, but this stallion gave them some space, which she appreciated.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:09 pm

[hey Furry, be careful. You need to write three sentences or more per character I believe.
Juice: if the brothers do end up fighting, I want Cookie to go with Morgue and Brownie will stay with Corpse. If they're not going to end up fighting, then that's fine, also if Corpse snakes Cookie I know there's nothing she could do about it]

Brownie- mare- 8 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- foals: may have had one- Tags: Cookie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown older mare watched the two stallions as both stopped to look at her and her sister. Though she saw the two other mares too...She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She then made a happy little sound. The older stallion focused his attentions all on her and her sister at the moment. She watched the other head to the other mares. She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She then whickered happily as the older stallion headed over. She noticed her sister seemed disappointed. It seemed her sister liked that younger stallion a bit more. Ignoring this, she focused fully on the stallion approaching. Nostrils flared, she took in a bit of his scent as he came over. He wasn't too old, but he wasn't young either. Definitely older than both her and her sister, though by how much she couldn't say. She made another happy sound. She made it towards the stallion this time. She said "Hello handsome," and made a little sound of amusement. She couldn't laugh, of course, but she made an equine sound. She glanced to her sister after a moment, finally paying her some mind. "Ah, yes, we are definitely angels. I think that one likes your brother more, though." She really outed her sister there, and heard the sound of slight annoyance. "Do you...two work together, do you both get the mares? Or is it just you?" she then asked the stallion, not that she minded either way.

Cookie- mare- 6 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Brownie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown younger mare hadn't been the one calling out. Not that other horses would really probably realize that. She watched the two stallions watching them, and two other mares. The two stallions then seemed to communicate. She made a small sound as she watched the younger one go off. She felt disappointment as she saw him going elsewhere. He looked to be closer in age to her. He was closer in age to her than his other brother. Shaking her head, she looked to her sister a moment. She then looked over as the older stallion let out a noise of greeting. She snorted, shaking her head again, then looking away. Her sister seemed to be ignoring her now, for the moment. She wanted to be a bit annoyed about that, but she couldn't. What she could be annoyed about was when her sister outed her. She made a noise of annoyance, then looked at the stallion finally. "What's your name, anyway?" she aske,d finally speaking.

Dana- mare- 16 y- 16.1 hands- lone mare- Dann and younger daughter Juni- Tags: Hvitur

The buckskin mare twitched her ears and flicked her tail. She let him greet her, then she nosed at the stallion a bit. She said "My name is Dana, and it's nice to meet you as well. Hvitur....that's a very interesting name," she said. She seemed delighted to make his acquaintance. She glanced around a moment, then shook her head and looked to him again. He truly was a very handsome stallion. She was glad she was the first mare he'd decided to approach here.

Dann- stallion- 10 y- 16.2 hands- lone stallion- has had two foals- Tags: Persephone

The stallion nodded his head up and down a couple times. Probably not nodding, but he moved his head up and down. He took in her scent as he listened to her speak. "My name is Dann, spelled with two N's, and my mom told me she did that because it's more unique. Usually Dan is spelled with one N. I wouldn't have minded either way, but I'm glad I have a unique name. Your name is quite lovely, Persephone. I...had a herd, but they were taken from me...I had two daughters and since they were females the stallion took them too. Sometimes I wish they would have been born colts...He sneaked in one night, and I couldn't really do anything to stop him...Oh, yeah, mountain lions are quite nasty, dangerous despite being smaller than us."

Jessaa- mare- 6 y- 16 hands- lone mare- Kael and wants more- Tags: Dee

The stripy marked red mare twitched her ears, flicking her tail back and forth a couple times. Brown eyes then watched as he stepped closer. She made another welcoming sort of sound to him. She reached out to do the exchange of scents. She found him quite intriguing, as he was a dark colored stallion. Yet his name had the word Winter in it. Well, that was his whole name, but he'd told her to call him Dee. She nodded her head up and down a couple times. She said "Thank you, I've been told by my parents it is beautiful. Also my previous mate...but we aren't mates anymore. My son has also said it, that's him over there." She pointed her muzzle to the two year old Blanket Appaloosa in the distance.

She nodded her head up and down a couple times. She said "My herd was...I don't know if you could really have called it a herd. It was just me, my former mate Leopard, and our son Kael. The humans took him away and did something to him...to Kael. He was returned and seemed fine, but something was different. He smelled...different, and I became overprotective. Leopard and I drifted apart. He didn't like the fact Kael was different. Anyway, yeah, a fresh start seems quite nice. If you'll have me as your first mare, I'd really like that." She made a happy little sound after she said these words. She let her eyes wander a moment, checking around them for any dangers but there were none for now.

Leopard- stallion- 8 y- 16 hands- lone stallion or bachelor- Kael, wants more- Tags: Memory

The black spotted white stallion twitched his ears. He flicked his tail back and forth a couple times, and looked at the mare. His nostrils flared as he took in her scent. He could tell she was ready for babies, or would be soon. He shook that thought away, watching her as he spoke to her. He then waited to see what she might say to him, in reply. He let his head lower a bit, and his nostrils stopped flaring now. He still breathed in her scent, the grass, trees, everything else around them.

He made a small sound as she reached out to nuzzle him a bit. He made a happy sound, nosing at her a bit then pulling back. "It's nice to have company again, so thank you for wanting to come over. Oh...I had mare and a son, but we...drifted apart. Humans took him and changed him...and I didn't like that. She became overprotective of him, which was fine when he was very young. He's two now, though, and I've seen her around, still watching. He can take care of himself, but...I can't really stop her."

He then looked up as she spoke again.

"Oh, my name is Leopard but you could call me Leo if you want."

Kael- gelding- 2 y- 16 hands- loner- homoromantic (I think the rules said its allowed for geldings, but if not then he is completely aromantic, and he's asexual anyway)- will adopt if allowed- Tags: Erebos

The bay blanket Appaloosa nodded his head up and down a couple times. "A herd is nice to have, safety in numbers. I don't think stallions gather mares just to have babies with them. It's safer with more horses, so that's a reason too. Oh...my name is Kael," he said to her. "Ouroboros and Erebos...those are very interesting names," he then said. He twitched his ears and flicked his tail back and forth a couple times. He sighed and said "One of those stallions over there is a real show off...but it seems to have worked for him."

A Flowery Beauty/ Laurel- mare- 4 y- 14 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Hades

The red mare took in the scent of the red bay stallion as he stood there. He seemed kind of stunned she'd actually approached. She made an inquisitive sort of sound, then shook her head. She flared her nostrils a moment, then stopped doing that. She'd approached precisely because he was younger. He was around her age, that made her want to approach him. She didn't have too much experience herself, at only four. She also had had no foals yet. She should have probably had at least one, but she'd never had one yet. She hoped maybe this stallion would want foals with her. She noticed how he puffed out his chest as she approached him. She said 'Hello...handsome, what's your name?" and reached her own muzzle out.

Ell- mare- 18 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- had some foals- Tags: Tornado

The grayed out mare made a happy little sound as she looked at the gelding. She could tell he wasn't a stallion, but again, wasn't interested in that anyway. She just honestly wanted a friend now. She'd lived eighteen years, and had four or more foals. She could honestly say she'd be happy if she had no more. "Nice to meet you then, Tornado. The stallions over there are getting crazy...so I figured I could find someone to talk to. You seem pretty nice," she said to him.

Codi- stallion- 20 y- 15.3 hands- lone stallion- had some foals- Tags: Hurricane and Twister

The grayed out stallion nodded his head to them a couple times. He made a happy little sound as the two mares both acknowledged him. "It's nice to meet you, Hurricane and Twister. I'm assuming you two are sisters?" he asked. They could just as easily just be traveling companions. He'd seen mares travel together, or of course bachelor groups. He said "They sure are crazy...id rather not be in the middle of it. I'm glad I'm not young and like that anymore."
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grapejuice » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:25 pm

ISLAND UPDATE:
Spring on the island is a beautiful time of year! Clouds have been seen forming in the distance, so expect infrequent rain showers! Please visit the weather tab on page 1 for further info.

ghost of you
wraith || mare || ten || herd: n/a || tags: gleam || location: island center

She stood on the outskirts of the mainland, away from all the hustle and bustle. She grazed in peace, occasionally raising her head to watch the horses mingling in the distance. The mare sighs contentedly, happy to be left on her own instead of pestered by some young bachelors. Thankfully she wasn't in heat yet, so she drew very little attention to herself, especially as she hid amongst the shade of the trees. As she ripped another mouthful of grass and raised her head to watch the passerby, a certain individual caught her attention. A small foal, barely visible as it cowered into the bushes. Wraith snorted, surprised, and began a slow trot to where she'd seen the foal attempting to hide. The gray mare let out a low neigh of greeting, head low to show she meant no harm. "Hello, little one. Are you alright?" Her voice was soft and gentle, fuzzy muzzle extended in greeting.

voices in my head
poltergeist || mare || five || herd: n/a || tags: open || location: island center

Brown eyes darted side to side, warily watching every individual who wandered too close for comfort. The blue roan mare hated the spring-- too many stallions acting like damn brutes, and too many mares far prettier than her, ensuring Poltergeist was always overlooked. She hadn't had much luck in finding a proper herd in sometime, her last stallion had been an elder paint horse who didn't make it through the winter. This left her alone for months without proper protection or companionship, much to her dismay. Poltergeist let out a nervous whinny, in hopes that this was the year her luck would change.

long live the queen
redd || mare || thirteen|| herd: n/a || tags: antoinette, open|| location: island center

The chestnut mare snorted angrily, snapping her teeth as a young bachelor tried to sidle up to her. The young stallion went running, much to her delight, and Redd chuckled to herself. She dipped her head, nudging the filly who was fast asleep at her feet, neighing softly to her. "Wake up my dear Ant, we need to get a move on." Redd smiled as the painted foal yawned and slowly staggered to her feet, clearly groggy from her afternoon nap. She waited until Ant had found her balance, before taking off at a lazy walk. The filly stayed close to her mother's side, eyes wide in amazement as she watched all the horses running by. This was all so new to foal, and she let out a delighted whinny, an action that made Redd shake her head. "Now Ant, we don't need to do that. No need to call anymore attention to ourselves, okay?" And she nipped the painted filly as a gentle reminder to keep up and keep quiet. The small foal clacked her teeth together apologetically, moving into a trot to keep pace with the fiery mare.

fool's gold
eris || mare || six || herd: n/a || tags: open|| location: western shore

While everyone else was busy socializing on the mainland, Eris was busy soaking up the beautiful weather on the western beach shore. The golden mare laid on her side, letting the sun's rays warm her fur. Occasionally a wild bird would land nearby, and cautiously hop its' way towards her, keen on snatching some of her loosening winter coat. And she let them! Heck, it was like a spa at this point. Eris got to enjoy the beautiful spring weather in peace, and got her coat groomed all at once. How could she complain? As a seagull took off with a clump of her palomino hairs, the mare rolled onto her back, attempting to loosen the itchy hairs still stuck along her spine. She was beauty, she was grace, she was... certainly a sight to behold.

{ will post my stallions shortly-- just wanted to get starters done for my gals uwu }
grapejuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:36 pm

Eclipse
5 years old/ Dark Side of the Moon/ Mare/ 16.2 hh/lone mare/ tags: Poltergeist
Eclipse noticed another mare who looked nervous, and looked like she needed a friend. The dark mare approached slowly, not wanting to scare off the other. “Hello” she greeted the other in a soft voice. “It’s chaotic over there isn’t it?” She asks, motioning to the other horses acting crazy. She was trying to start a conversation, but was unsure if the other would be willing to chat with her.

Siren
10 years old/ Siren’s Call/ Mare/ 17.3 hh/ lone mare/ tags; Euphoria
Siren nosed her filly, trying to get her attention back from the two others she watched. “Don’t get distracted, others can wish harm on you” she lightly reminded her foal. She nuzzled her gently and went back to grazing, making sure her foal was still sticking close.

Euphoria
8 months old/ Euphoric Memories/ Filly/ 12.1 hh/ tags: Siren (mentions Antoinette and Redd)
Euphoria heard another foal call out, and this got her excited. She didn’t get to see many other foals, and almost always they were adults, all which her mother kept her away from. She neighed back to the other foal, slightly upset when the foal and her mother trotted away. She nodded when her mother reminded her. She knew her mother was just looking out for her and had her safety in mind, but she wished she could have others to play with.

Gleam
6 months old/ My Light in the Night/ 12 hh/ orphan/ tags: Wraith
Gleam backed up as a mare approached her hiding spot. She backed up, afraid that she was caught. As the mare started to approach closer, Gleam realized that she was indeed found. She flattened her ears and turned, ready to run if need be. “G-go away!” She replied back, “I can beat you up, s-so you better run!” She added, nervous and fright easily noticed in her voice, as it wavered slightly. She didn’t trust the other, much older mare. Just because she was pretending to be nice didn’t mean she was. She did not return the greeting, only backing up further.

(Others are open to tag, post found here
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:55 am

Bouncanier - lone stallion - 6 years - Tags: open

He got to the large group of many horses, gathering around there. He blinked in amusement as he had not seen this many stallions and lone mares in the same place too often. There was even a mare with a young foal there, which stayed away from others, maybe that was for the best, who knows how aggressive those stallions may get to have this many mares near them.

Madeira - lone mare - 3½ years - heat: 0 - tags: Eclipse
She walked for a while more, following the faint, yet growing scents of other horses. She was alone so much that she kind of missed being around the other horses, and the protection they gave her. Though the scent of stallions made her a little unsure, she was still pretty young and hoped they were not too pushy. She noticed another mare not so far away and walked to her "Oh good morning, are you going to the groups there too?" she asked her then shook her head "Oh sorry I am Madeira, who are you?" she asked her rather gently, but pretty shyly.

Ouroboros - lone mare - 5 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Erebos, open
She heard the last sentence from the gelding, shaking her head a little bit "Aren't they always..." she murmured silently. She scanned the stallions here and there, but kind of ignored the two there who were the center of the most attention, they had too many mares already so she could look for someone who didn't have that many.

Erebos - lone mare - 2 years - heat: 1 - Tags: Ouroboros, Kael
She looked up at the gelding "Is it? Well, my name is pretty much because of my black coat, as it means darkness or so I've been told, my mother's name is also for her unique two-colored coat, Ouroboros the circulation I guess everything which starts and ends as well..." she responded to them. She shook her head to the side "So what about you, your name have any meaning? By the way are you from that group there? Is your mother there too maybe?" she asked them out of curiosity.

Pharao - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Ezekiel
He looked at the group there shaking his head a little bit "Nah, I will let this pass me for now, I am not a coward, but I feel like a small stallion like me will be only those large stallions kicking bag if I go there now" he spoke up to the other bachelor. He dug the ground a little bit "I am not that strong enough to even challenge them, so maybe better to let it go now and try later or find some lonely mares" he spoke up.

Sphinx - Bachelor - 3 years - Tags: Cosette, Zinnia (maybe?)
He felt thirsty, he saw the water not so far away so he decided to go the way he remembered to see the blue liquid that would quench his thirst. He left the other bachelors for a moment and moved elsewhere alone, his focus was to smell the water, but stopped when noticed a mare there or two. He knowed that his chances were not good, but having a little conversation with them could not be a bad thing. He took his move to the water his eyes looked to the Chesnuts there then the other one not so far away "Oh hello there, don't mind me...I am just going to drink..." he spoke up to them.

Hurricane - lone mare - 16 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Twister, Codi
She shook her head "Not really we're half-sisters, same father, but from different mothers" she responded to him. She looked up to the stallion "So what about you, you ever had any mares, or herd or had foals?" she decided to ask him. She looked around the group there for a while, starting to wonder if her son could be coming here as well, but hoped that he could be wise enough not to try anything stupid, those stallions seemed big and strong.

Twister - lone mare - 13 years - heat: 2 - Tags: Hurricane, Codi
She looked at the stallion in front of her, flicking her ears as he spoke "You don't seem to be that old yet, and I think stallions look for mares and possible herds for very old age...it's into their blood" she spoke up to him. She shook her head then "Do you think those stallions may want us too after their little craziness over there is calmed down...you could be alert to be chased away or attacked by them" she spoke up.

Tornado - lone gelding - 16 years - Tags: Ell
He shook his head a little bit as he looked at the mare and then at the group around the two brothers "I don't get why can't they just split the mares...there is enough for both of them...but stallion with big ego and hormones on the way, they can't do that" he spoke up with a sight. He had been gelding for many years by now, and kind of forgotten what was like to be a stallion "So why are you not going there? Or do you have the special one already and will go to follow him, when those two do go to their paths?" he asked her.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Post

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:08 am

Brownie- mare- 8 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- foals: may have had one- Tags: Cookie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown older mare watched the two stallions as both stopped to look at her and her sister. Though she saw the two other mares too...She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She then made a happy little sound. The older stallion focused his attentions all on her and her sister at the moment. She watched the other head to the other mares. She shook her head back and forth a couple times. She then whickered happily as the older stallion headed over. She noticed her sister seemed disappointed. It seemed her sister liked that younger stallion a bit more. Ignoring this, she focused fully on the stallion approaching. Nostrils flared, she took in a bit of his scent as he came over. He wasn't too old, but he wasn't young either. Definitely older than both her and her sister, though by how much she couldn't say. She made another happy sound. She made it towards the stallion this time. She said "Hello handsome," and made a little sound of amusement. She couldn't laugh, of course, but she made an equine sound. She glanced to her sister after a moment, finally paying her some mind. "Ah, yes, we are definitely angels. I think that one likes your brother more, though." She really outed her sister there, and heard the sound of slight annoyance. "Do you...two work together, do you both get the mares? Or is it just you?" she then asked the stallion, not that she minded either way.

Cookie- mare- 6 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Brownie, Corpse and Morgue, Scylla and Charybdis

The all brown younger mare hadn't been the one calling out. Not that other horses would really probably realize that. She watched the two stallions watching them, and two other mares. The two stallions then seemed to communicate. She made a small sound as she watched the younger one go off. She felt disappointment as she saw him going elsewhere. He looked to be closer in age to her. He was closer in age to her than his other brother. Shaking her head, she looked to her sister a moment. She then looked over as the older stallion let out a noise of greeting. She snorted, shaking her head again, then looking away. Her sister seemed to be ignoring her now, for the moment. She wanted to be a bit annoyed about that, but she couldn't. What she could be annoyed about was when her sister outed her. She made a noise of annoyance, then looked at the stallion finally. "What's your name, anyway?" she aske,d finally speaking.

Dana- mare- 16 y- 16.1 hands- lone mare- Dann and younger daughter Juni- Tags: Hvitur

The buckskin mare twitched her ears and flicked her tail. She let him greet her, then she nosed at the stallion a bit. She said "My name is Dana, and it's nice to meet you as well. Hvitur....that's a very interesting name," she said. She seemed delighted to make his acquaintance. She glanced around a moment, then shook her head and looked to him again. He truly was a very handsome stallion. She was glad she was the first mare he'd decided to approach here.

Dann- stallion- 10 y- 16.2 hands- lone stallion- has had two foals- Tags: Persephone

The stallion nodded his head up and down a couple times. Probably not nodding, but he moved his head up and down. He took in her scent as he listened to her speak. "My name is Dann, spelled with two N's, and my mom told me she did that because it's more unique. Usually Dan is spelled with one N. I wouldn't have minded either way, but I'm glad I have a unique name. Your name is quite lovely, Persephone. I...had a herd, but they were taken from me...I had two daughters and since they were females the stallion took them too. Sometimes I wish they would have been born colts...He sneaked in one night, and I couldn't really do anything to stop him...Oh, yeah, mountain lions are quite nasty, dangerous despite being smaller than us."

Jessaa- mare- 6 y- 16 hands- lone mare- Kael and wants more- Tags: Dee

The stripy marked red mare twitched her ears, flicking her tail back and forth a couple times. Brown eyes then watched as he stepped closer. She made another welcoming sort of sound to him. She reached out to do the exchange of scents. She found him quite intriguing, as he was a dark colored stallion. Yet his name had the word Winter in it. Well, that was his whole name, but he'd told her to call him Dee. She nodded her head up and down a couple times. She said "Thank you, I've been told by my parents it is beautiful. Also my previous mate...but we aren't mates anymore. My son has also said it, that's him over there." She pointed her muzzle to the two year old Blanket Appaloosa in the distance.

She nodded her head up and down a couple times. She said "My herd was...I don't know if you could really have called it a herd. It was just me, my former mate Leopard, and our son Kael. The humans took him away and did something to him...to Kael. He was returned and seemed fine, but something was different. He smelled...different, and I became overprotective. Leopard and I drifted apart. He didn't like the fact Kael was different. Anyway, yeah, a fresh start seems quite nice. If you'll have me as your first mare, I'd really like that." She made a happy little sound after she said these words. She let her eyes wander a moment, checking around them for any dangers but there were none for now.

Leopard- stallion- 8 y- 16 hands- lone stallion or bachelor- Kael, wants more- Tags: Memory

The black spotted white stallion twitched his ears. He flicked his tail back and forth a couple times, and looked at the mare. His nostrils flared as he took in her scent. He could tell she was ready for babies, or would be soon. He shook that thought away, watching her as he spoke to her. He then waited to see what she might say to him, in reply. He let his head lower a bit, and his nostrils stopped flaring now. He still breathed in her scent, the grass, trees, everything else around them.

He made a small sound as she reached out to nuzzle him a bit. He made a happy sound, nosing at her a bit then pulling back. "It's nice to have company again, so thank you for wanting to come over. Oh...I had mare and a son, but we...drifted apart. Humans took him and changed him...and I didn't like that. She became overprotective of him, which was fine when he was very young. He's two now, though, and I've seen her around, still watching. He can take care of himself, but...I can't really stop her."

He then looked up as she spoke again.

"Oh, my name is Leopard but you could call me Leo if you want."

Kael- gelding- 2 y- 16 hands- loner- homoromantic (I think the rules said its allowed for geldings, but if not then he is completely aromantic, and he's asexual anyway)- will adopt if allowed- Tags: Erebos

The bay blanket Appaloosa glanced to where the older mare was, a moment. He then turned his attention back to the filly. She would still be considered a filly until she actually had a foal. Shaking his head, shaking that thought away, he snorted. He then quickly nodded to the other horse. He said "It means slender, I think, but it's also a warrior's name. That's what my mom, Jessaa, told me anyway. Oh, no, we didn't come from that group...and I've been on my own for a bit now, though I think my mom's been watching over me."

A Flowery Beauty/ Laurel- mare- 4 y- 14 hands- lone mare- no foals yet- Tags: Hades

The red mare took in the scent of the red bay stallion as he stood there. He seemed kind of stunned she'd actually approached. She made an inquisitive sort of sound, then shook her head. She flared her nostrils a moment, then stopped doing that. She'd approached precisely because he was younger. He was around her age, that made her want to approach him. She didn't have too much experience herself, at only four. She also had had no foals yet. She should have probably had at least one, but she'd never had one yet. She hoped maybe this stallion would want foals with her. She noticed how he puffed out his chest as she approached him. She said 'Hello...handsome, what's your name?" and reached her own muzzle out.

Ell- mare- 18 y- 15.2 hands- lone mare- had some foals- Tags: Tornado

The grayed out mare moved her head up and down a couple times. "Well, it's not just those two, there's that younger stallion there too. It looks like those two actually moved away from the group. There's other stallions in there, though. Also...stallions usually don't agree with each other. They wouldn't be civil enough to have a conversation about wanting certain mares." She shook her head a couple times. "No, I don't have anyone anymore, though my former mate should be out here somewhere."

Codi- stallion- 20 y- 15.3 hands- lone stallion- had some foals- Tags: Hurricane and Twister

The grayed out stallion lifted his head up and down a couple times. "Well, half sisters are still sisters, since you share a parent. I did...have only one mare ever, which probably seems strange. We've had four to six foals, maybe more. It's easy to lose count when you get as old as I am." He then made an amused sound at Twister, saying "Well...I'm twenty already." He then looked towards the group again. "I wouldn't worry about them, most of them seem young and inexperienced...which means they'd be the ones losing."
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:59 pm

Scylla
11 years•Lone mare• Sultry, bored• tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Charybdis, Brownie, Cookie

There were two of them.

The prospect soured Scylla's mood at first, given that now they would just as easily divide and conquer instead of the back and forth that she was so looking forward to. Without meaning to, her teeth came down a little harder on Chary's back than she intended, but the other leaned in clearly of the view that she hadn't been scratching hard enough, so that was fine. Watching them discuss strategy, Scylla evaluated them both carefully in her mind's eye.

They were both of thick set builds, more muscled than even Charys, easy strength under a rippling coat. It was hard not to watch the both of them move without it inspiring at least a little admiration, and even harder not to imagine it in action. When Chary spoke the impulse into action, Scylla didn't say a word, but pressed her plush nose to the other's withers in silent agreement and affirmation.

The shorter one of the two had seen them first, a bay colour with a red undertone that pulsed underneath and drew one's attention, but he seemed to hesitate at the sight, not yet close enough for Scylla to determine if it was out of indecision, shock, or perhaps even submissiveness.

His companion, a solid bay, seemed more excited and simple as he considered the prospect, dancing about surprisingly nimbly for his size before they both spoke to each other. And then, it was decided, and the blood bay was heading toward them, a heavy tread in his step that wasn't solely because of his bulk.

Unused to being approached with anything but some form of desperation, Scylla lifted her head, watching the other draw closer somewhat coldly. No matter, the other would realise his mistake in turn.

And it seemed like he was, finally smiling at them and at least seeming eager for the moment. As he moved close enough for Scylla to spot gentle dapples within his coat and stopped at a respectful distance, Scylla listened neutrally. After he was done, she paused for a moment, before wordlessly stretching out her head, bringing it toward him at his greeting. She shifted till her nose was just about touching his if not for the thinnest layer of air, and breathed in his scent quietly, holding her breath as if testing the quality like a sommelier. Finally let out a soft sigh, letting her breath warm the bones of his nose bridge. "I'd imagine so." Was all she said in reply, her soft tone sounding alluring, a direct contrast to the content of her words.

And then, the lure. Drawing back, Scylla turned, picking up an elegant trot a few steps away, arching her neck into a bow as she picked up the movement, her wavy locks framing a leanly muscled topline as she danced, before stopping in the center of the meadow where she dropped her head back down and continued grazing, no indication of if she wanted the other to follow or leave. With her movement, she hadn't drawn too far away either, but she certainly couldn't be said to be close in any way. In fact, with the resuming of the grazing, it was like she'd forgotten the other's existence entirely.

Charybdis
11 years• Lone mare• Excitable, invigorated • tagged: Corpse, Morgue, Scylla, Brownie, Cookie•heat stage 0

Two stallions!

Chary watched with interest, pausing in her grooming as her tail raised, flagging with interest and excitement. It wasn't like the mare was in heat, having just come out of winter and having had no foals to move her into foal heat. All the same, stallions excited her, and it'd been quite a long time since she'd seen two so bulky-but if the solid bay was any indication, they both seemed to be pretty spry. As Scylla's teeth pushed hard into a particularly itchy spot, Chary let out a groan, attempting to lean into her sister and only stopping when Scylla's response was to step a little further away.

"I'd certainly like to see them in a fight." She observed, and she knew her sister agreed.

When he stopped a few steps away, Chary let out a friendly whicker as she bobbed her head, inviting the other a little closer-all the easier to touch, after all.

When Scylla stepped forward, however, Chary's ears perked in interest, the mare not moving forward as she watched her sister's greeting. It wasn't exactly rare for Scylla to approach others, but she usually preferred for Chary's to just do what she wanted. As such, when she did want anything, Chary's was more than happy to let her step aside.

After all, for how varied and fickle her sister's interest was, it would not last too long.

As expected, Scylla trotted away, and her sudden disinterest had Chary turning back to Morgue, her message clear. She was done playing, and it was Chary's turn now.

Whickering at Morgue, she stepped forward, close enough that both of their chests bumped, partially in excitement and partially to how the other would react. "Morgue, you said?" Then, she was stepping round him, bringing her head to his withers, his stomach, bumping it with her velveteen nose. "I'm Charybdis, and my sister's name is Scylla. How old are you?"

Flicking her tail errantly, Chary let out a slightly pleased neigh when the coarse hairs flew over Morgue to drape themselves over his side, having just wanted to see if she could. Lining her body parallel to his now, she reveled in the feeling of her tail gently trailing off the top of her back before falling back into line at her rump. That done, she bumped his side with her own affectionately, without care that she smelled like fresh dirt and tree trunk, or that some of her loose hairs were definitely rubbing off on him. He'd be smelling like her for the next foreseeable hours or so, unless he did something about it. In fact, she hoped he didn't. "Are you and that stallion siblings? Or traveling companions? Do you guys have a herd?"

Winter’s Détente (Dee)
8 years• Herd stallion• Deep in thought, Curious• tagged: Jessaa, Wraith, Gleam

He'd been tentative at first as he stepped forward, but when Jessaa encouraged him onward, he took in her scent. As expected, she was alone, but her scent was warm like her personality, and he was looking forward to travelling with her. When she mentioned mates, however, he cocked his head, searching her eyes for a moment in confusion. Mates?

When she explained further, however, he realised she probably was referring to her previous herd stallion-perhaps that was what it was called in other parts. When she mentioned her son, however, he looked over to where she gestured, seeing a young bachelor playing with a filly.

As she spoke, it was clear she had a small herd, which must have made winters difficult, and Dee was thankful that the other had managed to pull through as much as she did, especially with a younger horse. When winters were harsh enough, entire herds were decimated if they didn't have enough numbers for body heat, and sometimes shelter was the difference between life or death. All the same, from her tone it seemed like she'd thought quite fondly of the experience, and Dee nodded, touching his muzzle to her poll gently in a show of comfort. "It must have been a trying time, but I'm glad all of you survived."

It wasn't typically a stallion's way to be so lenient toward possible competition, but at Dee's age it would be more of a stain against his own pride than anything to be threatened by a two year old. At that point, horses like Jessaa's son were the future, and would be coming into themselves when he was old and gray and not a herd stallion any longer. Of course, some other stallions couldn't abide them still, and it was their choice, but as far as Dee went, he rather enjoyed young ones and so sought to empower and teach them where he could.

When she spoke of how her son was different, however, Dee's ears twitched back slightly in concern. He'd met those horses before, who had disappeared one day and come back with a different scent, and whilst they were more easy going than before, there was always something that had changed about them in some ways. But at the same time, they seemed to have less interest in being herd stallions, often enjoying companionship the way other horses did, but without as large a drive to have a big herd and protect it.

But she was agreeing, and Dee was stepping forward with a whicker, placing his head gently on her withers as he committed her scent to memory. She was a part of his herd now, a mare he was responsible for and would protect earnestly with his being. He would not let her down. "I'd really like that too, Jessaa. It's a pleasure to meet you."

As he did so, however, he questioningly nudged his muzzle slightly downward, toward her rump to check if she wanted to be covered. His touch was light and tentative, however, ready to accept rejection just as easily, even if not eagerly, as approval. Stallions often wanted to cover mares as soon as they could so that their heat wasn't as strong and wouldn't draw as much attention of other stallions wanting to snake a mare, but ultimately he'd leave it to her.

(Fade? Only if she wants to though)

Stepping away with a huff, Dee nuzzled the other gently, grooming her and helping her with her winter coat. "It is unfortunate that the humans did that to your son, but I will treat your child as my own. As long as he doesn't cause trouble or disrupt my own herd, he is free to visit occasionally, or join up with my herd. Of course, I wouldn't be happy with someone trying to flirt with my mares, but if he just searches for companionship and is willing to take up the duty of protecting them with me and being an extra lookout, he is welcome to. Of course, he seems fully capable of finding his own companions, too." Dee shrugged, "But still, I feel like I'd be a terrible herd stallion if I willfully got in the way of a mother's desire to protect her own child."

After that, he mused in silence, watching about him contentedly, before the higher pitched voice of a foal had him turning, curious. Of course, the sounds of little ones were a frequent thing in the spring, and a happy one at that, but this one held fear, and he couldn't help the protectiveness rising in his body. It was close, too.

Turning toward the sound, Dee looked at Jessaa curiously, before stepping toward the sound. As he did so, he pivoted in his step, ensuring that his body was between Jessaa and whatever the unknown was. It sounded like a foal, but he couldn't let his guard down. It could easily belong to a herd, and a mother could come bearing down on them out of nowhere, or worse, a stallion.

When he did, though, he spotted a young chestnut filly, indeed just a few steps away, but one that had been hiding particularly well in the brush. He hadn't even scented her. She looked almost half a year old, too, so it must have been a filly from the previous year.

Then, he spotted the paint mare. Her gestures were gentle, her head low, calling to the youngling, and Dee wondered if she was her mother. But no, the filly was panicking, moving away with fear though the mare was trying to comfort her. Dee wished to step forward, to avail his assistance, but as he thought of it, he caught the paint mare's eyes, and stopped. No matter his good intentions, he was a stallion, and he was a full grown horse which would be imposing. If the filly was scared of a mare that was behaving this kindly, she would not react well to another strange stallion and a mare. All the same, her getting a fright and running away would attract way more attention than any of them would probably be able to deal with.

Bobbing his head gently to the stranger mare and the filly, Dee pointedly took a step back to show he meant no harm, gently bumping Jessaa to encourage her to do the same. "Neither of you know us, and so if you just want me to mind my business, I'm sorry for intruding. I certainly don't want to get beaten up." As he said that, he gave the filly a small smile, but then dropped his gaze away, not wanting her to feel pressured. "But it's a little lonely to be by yourself sometimes, isn't it? If I can, I'd just like to stay here a little while, for the company."That done, he dropped his head down to graze, turning his head so he only saw them from the side of his eyes.

A Forgotten Tale (Memory)
6 years•Lone mare• Spooked, unsure• Tagged: Leo•Heat stage 2

Leaning closer, Memory's nostrils fluttered quickly as the mare drew in his scent. It had the masculine tang that stallions so often did, but through it, he smelled strong, but also alone, as he'd said. No one else's scents were mixed in with his, giving that complicated cocktail of scents that made up the unique chemistry of each herd.

His touch was gentle, and at his thanks, her ears perked curiously. When he spoke of humans, Memory's ears flicked back warily. Humans were strange, two legged predators that occasionally stalked the plains, and sometimes when they were around, horses disappeared, only to come back different. When he mentioned that his son was now two, Memory nodded at his words. It was about the time when the other should leave, but in that sense she wasn't quite sure what he meant by overprotective. Wasn't it natural for every mother to pine for their child?

Even now, Memory felt the loss of her foal deeply, even knowing that the foal was probably still alive. Her chances of getting to him were slim, and she knew her lead mare was the good sort, who would definitely raise her foal as her own, but it still stung, left a quiet void in her heart when she thought about it.

All the same, it wasn't up to her to police someone else's past, and so she nodded, her attention going back to Leopard as he spoke. "Leo, then," she whickered, deciding something short would probably be easier in an emergency. "It's nice to meet you."

Rituals Under Twilight (Voodoo)
3 years•Lone mare• Exploratory, celebratory• Tagged: Celeste• Heat stage 0

It had been a while since someone had kept up with her (willingly, anyway), and as the other shouted and bucked, her words eaten by the wind, Voodoo whinnied in reply anyway, replying the feeling of the other's joy more than the words.

And then the other horse flew, her stride lengthening into a beautiful pace, seeming to almost ghost across the ground, her hair streaming in the wind, a smile on her features. And just like that, it was Voodoo's turn to put in more energy, channeling it into her legs that pumped across the ground instead of anymore bucks or side hops. It was downright reckless, the speed they were racing at, and Voodoo would not be surprised if they ran into someone. As it was, however, she could see just well enough to avoid tree trunks, and that was more than enough for her.

Winter had been an entire season of being cautious, and being able to really stretch out her legs and expend all that energy brought a big grin to Voodoo's features. Finally it seemed like her physique was being put to use, used for something instead of standing around and digging in the snow for roots.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me