☆ ── ❝ AGAINST ALL ODDS ))

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: ☆ ── ❝ AGAINST ALL ODDS ))

Postby xiao. » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:02 pm

jupiter - eldest coalition brother
      his eyes narrowed on his prey: a lone impala grazing in the tall african grass. jupiter had been up all through the night, thinking, plotting, mourning. and he knew his brothers would be hungry in the morning, so he'd left early to find breakfast. the large lion blended in well with the grass, his blonde mane moving gently with the slow breeze. he crouched low and as still as a stone sculpture, the tip of his tail flicking back and forth as he watched and waited to pounce on his meal. it was a full grown male, with long, twisted horns and old eyes. it didn't seem to see him, so he waited only another heartbeat before leaping forward, massive paws outstretched as his lips curled to reveal some extraordinary teeth. a deep roar rumbled from his throat as he latched on to the impala's back, taking it down.

the two animals rolled through the dust before jupiter jumped to his paws and immediately went to tackle his prey once more. this time, the impala threw its' head back, it's horns piercing the lion's cheek and scraping across his nose. he tumbled back, hissing in pain, and giving it's meal time to get up and run. jupiter didn't waste any time; he leapt after it with blood dripping down his fur, and this time when he caught it, he ended the fight with a swift bite to the throat. swiping his tongue around his teeth, he bent down and held the impala's neck in his jaws, then began dragging it back to where his brothers had been sleeping. it didn't take long before he spotted makosa trotting ahead towards him, the other males following close behind. "you looking for me?" he muffled through the mouthful of antelope he held between his teeth.

kahn - the king's brother

kahn usually woke later than the other lions, but not today, for the excitement of a certain young cub had woken him. he wasn't upset, he just rolled a few lengths away to have some quiet, only for a few lionesses to wake and begin chatting. he frowned, then spread his jaws in a yawn, growling softly. his tail twitched back and forth as he scanned around, spotting a lioness laying all by herself, almost blending in with the rocks because she was so still. his tail began to wave a little faster, and he swiveled his ears around to point at her, extending his claws to scrape against the ground. he wondered if she'd feel his eyes on her. kahn may not have been the most sociable lion, but he was unashamedly flirty and liked to pull stunts to "impress the girls".

xiao.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 003 ))

Postby wildsight » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:02 pm

━━ DUBAKU !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      3 y/o | male | coalition | no mate | tags; kubu, makosa, jupiter
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      ━━Dubaku sighed at his brother’s words, turning away as they continued to tussle. ‘Loosen up.’ Did they not understand what situation they were in? Had they forgotten about what had happened to their former pride not that long ago? And they expected him to loosen up? He huffed at the thought, he wouldn’t be doing such a thing anytime soon if ever. He merely blinked at Kubu’s words, only growing more tense if anything. Even if it was only hunting they were doing right now, hunting should be taken seriously. Unfortunately, sometimes it almost seemed as if these two forgot the meaning of the word. He wished Jupiter were here so they could get on with things, but alas he was nowhere to be seen.

His ears merely twitched as the two finally broke apart, growling a bit as Kubu nudged him with his shoulder. The last thing he was going to be was rolling around in the dirt like a cub, if that’s what they thought ‘loosening up’ was. He turned and began to pad away, only for Makosa to run ahead, even if it was slightly so. This annoyed him, though he didn’t say anything about it because he’d already know what his response in turn would be. Instead he continued on in silence, his tail swaying slowly. Trying to keep up with his brothers was quite the challenge sometimes, at least Jupiter wasn’t like those two, he was more mature and he liked him for that. Even so, even Jupiter couldn’t always end Makosa’s and Kubu’s crazy antics all the time, but he guessed that no one really could.

He watched as Makosa slowly but surely got further and further away, until finally he seemed to notice how far he had gone and slowed his pace. Dubaku rolled his eyes, before noticing a form in the distance. Slowly it grew and he recognized it quickly - Jupiter. And with him he had something to eat that would quiet Makosa for awhile. He let out a sigh, before padding over toward him, even a tad relieved that they wouldn’t have to go hunting right away this morning.
      ━━ FARAJA !!
      4 y/o | female | safiri pride - member | no mate | tags; kahn
      ━━Faraja watched as most of the pride members were still chatting among each other, which left her by herself. She wasn’t complaining, she enjoyed having time to herself and it gave her time to search the land for any nearby prey in her range of sight. Of course, she’d have to be up a lot higher to truly see this, as most prey was wise enough to steer clear of the pride’s home. Even so, occasionally one would stray too far and that would be all that was needed for an easy catch. Speaking of such things, she wondered when the rest of the lionesses would gather together to hunt. She’d ask about it later perhaps.

━━Her ears continued to swivel back and forth, before she noticed something. Or more so felt something. Something was watching her. Or someone for that matter. She stayed still for a moment longer, before leaping down from her perch and padding away. Though she only did this to get a better view on what or who it was. She soon spotted the animal in question - or rather the lion in question, to be more specific. The king’s brother. Her whiskers twitched a bit, before she turned and padded toward him. “Instead of staring from afar, perhaps you could try approaching another?” She said, as her tail swayed slowly. She knew Kahn wasn’t the most social lion one could come across, but even so she knew sitting around wasn’t going to help one get any better, much less come off as satisfying.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 005 ))

Postby direwolf. » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:12 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────
KUBU

xxxxKubu elected to ignore the low growl coming from Dubaku after he had nudged him. He was so uptight! If he just chilled a little, perhaps he would enjoy life more. He gave an amused snort as Makosa squeezed between them and picked up the pace ahead of them to find Jupiter. He decided to pick up his own pace as well. His golden brown eyes scanned their surroundings, searching for their older brother. Soon enough, Jupiter appeared with an antelope in his maw. A grin grew on his maw as he, once again, picked up speed to close the distance between himself, Jupiter, and Makosa. "Jupiter! In fact, we were looking for you!" He chuffed, looking between the oldest brother and the prey that he had caught. "Dubaku was giving us a hard time as always." He added teasingly, glancing over at said lion.

xxxx"Oh, and Makosa is starving." He mused as he sat back on his haunches. He would let the others take their turns before he dug into the meal. Jupiter had caught the antelope, after all, so he would eat first. He flopped back onto his side, another yawn escaping him. He stretched his front paws in front of him, his claws extending from his pawpads as he stretched out.

xxxxLooking up at Jupiter, he gave a flick of his tail. "Anything planned for today, big brother?"
( male ) ( three years ) ( coalition brother )
( mentions: --- ) ( tags: makosa, dubaku, jupiter )

direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰⁵

Postby leaving… » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:39 am

M A K O S A

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      [ male ] - [ 3 years ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - n/a ] - [ tags - jupiter, kubu, dubaku ]
      Makosa's eyes narrowed as he saw a figure off into the distance. The closer figure became, the
      more Makosa realized it was Jupiter. He sprinted over towards the larger male, perhaps the fact
      that he was holding something tightly in his jaws made him run faster. Makosa smiled at his
      brother, "Actually, we were looking for something like that," he said in a jokingly manner,
      referencing the now deceased antelope. "But finding you along the way is good, too." Makosa
      turned his head at the sound of his other two brothers following up behind him. He glanced
      between Dubaku and Kubu and smiled again because at last all four of them were together for
      the day. It's something that he will never take for granted. He snickered a tad at Kubu's comment
      about Dubaku, but his brother wouldn't be overly thrilled with the teasing. He rolled his eyes when
      Kubu mentioned his name. "You don't have to call me out! I know you're hungry, too." He said with
      a bit of a whine. He noticed Kubu in a sitting position so he shoved him just to be a nuisance.
      Makosa laid beside his brother, eyeing the antelope. He wouldn't take his turn at the meal until
      Jupiter was finished with it, he caught it after all.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☆ ── ❝ AGAINST ALL ODDS ))

Postby xiao. » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:36 am

jupiter - eldest coalition brother
      he dropped their meal at his paws, shuffling them slightly as he waited for all three brothers to come to a stop before him. looking at makosa, he nodded his head, humor shining in his eyes. it seemed they were in a fairly good mood today, considering what had recently happened to their pride. he shook his fur out, dirt flying and droplets of blood from the wound on his face hitting the ground. as kubu arrived and spoke to him, he chuckled and settled down on the ground in front of his prey, ready to eat. "i'm glad you boys get along so well while i'm gone." he joked, opening his jaws to rip a chunk of flesh from the antelope he'd caught, swallowing it whole. he thought for a moment before replying to his brother's question. "well... i have a plan to begin taking our revenge. we can talk about it once we all eat." he rumbled, his golden eyes trained on his meal.
      the lion continued gulping down mouthfuls of meat until he was barely satisfied. he left plenty behind for his brothers, and stood up to let them know he was finished. waving his tail, he lifted a heavy paw to lick it and use it to wipe the blood from his face. the cut stung, but he could handle it. he continued cleaning himself as he waited for the brothers to eat.

kahn - the king's brother
      kahn had raised his haunches in the air, as if to pounce on the unaware lioness. or at least he thought she was unaware. she jumped down and turned to face him, and he quickly lowered himself and averted his eyes, watching a tiny beetle waddle a little too close to his paw. he swatted it away before standing and giving the lioness his attention when she spoke. he cleared his throat, scraping at some dirt nervously with his claws. "o-oh, uh, yes, right. perhaps that would be a better idea." he grunted, eyeing her. faraja was an attractive lioness, and he found himself puffing out his chest, showing off his extraordinarily long mane. suddenly he spotted a little creature scuttling about in the rocks beside her, and without hesitation he swiped a paw forward, using his claws to grip the tiny animal and lift it up for her. it was a small mouse, squirming and squeaking as he swung it gently. "a snack?" he asked, tilting his head as he offered the mouse to her.
xiao.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒂 2] [𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊 3]

Postby derision » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:43 am

l𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒂
    queen fem 10 years mood: indecisive
        Zuka looked away from her daughter and at her pride quietly. The sun was rising higher over the horizon. By the way her pride was interacting, she knew they were awaiting the plan as they mingled about. She moved to the middle of the pride and sat there, debating what to do. Her mate seemed still tired, so she assumed he was just going to let her decide what to do.

Zuka considered going on a hunt, but the prey around usually stayed away from the heart of their territory and the blaring sun would beat the energy out of them quickly. They could hunt at dusk, and meanwhile travel to the waterhole while they waited for the African sun to lighten. Zuka looked at her mate, debating consulting with him first once more.

"It's time to move on," She announced, looking away from Sultan. Zuka gazed at her pride, eyes flickering
        between each of them, "We're moving towards the Ndida Waterhole." It was a good decision, she figured. It was the southwestern edge of their territory behind a sloping hill. It was a trek, but there was a high chance of wildebeest or antelope would be nearby. If any predators lurked around the muddy area, they would see their tracks.

Zuka stood up and awaited everyone's response or companionship with her tail sweeping behind her.
    tags: safiri pride

l𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊
    pride member fem 5 years mood: content
        Nami contentedly nodded at Bast, settling down on her haunches. She moved her eyes to the rest of her pride, and Zuka's movement caught her eye. "Speak of the devil," Nami told her with a small chuckle. When the queen finished, she turned to Bast again. "We'll see what we find there. More places to nap, maybe?" The lioness stood and stretched out, wincing as her shoulder and a few other bones popped. She had never really liked that noise.

She looked around in wait for their departure. It was probably just her anxiety speaking, but Nami did not want to be the first one to join the queen on the journey. She tried not to eye Bast, and her social anxiety didn't want to ask the other to walk alongside her in case she did not want to remain with her.
    tags: bast, zuka
derision

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 006 ))

Postby direwolf. » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:56 am

x
      𝐴𝐶𝐴𝐶𝐼𝐴
      xx
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      female.xxsix months.xxsafiri princess.xxmentions: --xxtags: zuka, aparaa
      xxxxAs she was finishing up her bird, Acacia heard her mother announce that they were moving on. She seemed thrilled to hear that they were going to the waterhole. She could use a drink! Hopping to her paws, she returned to her mother's side once more. "I'm ready, mother!" She announced, gazing up at the large lioness with a sparkle in her eyes. She had a leftover feather stuck to her cheek from the little bird that she had caught. However, she did not seem to notice the feather. With a big smile stretching across her maw, she awaited for the others to rise from their sleeping spots and join them. She was excited to start the day.

xxxxAs she waited, she noticed her older sister not too far from them. "Aparaa! Are you ready to go? Let's go!" She said eagerly, padding the short distance over to the lioness. Crouching down, she tried to pounce on her sister even though the element of surprise had been lost when she called to her moments ago. Still, she was in an excited mood today, as she was on most days.

x
      𝐵𝐴𝑆𝑇
      xx
      female.xxfive years.xxsafiri member.xxmentions: --xxtags: nami
      xxxxBast perked up when she queen's voice announced that they would be heading to the waterhole. Hearing Nami's comment, she chuckled to herself and flashed the lioness an amused look. Slowly, the lioness rose to her paws and shook out her coat. "Another nap, already?" The lioness teased as she gazed to Nami. Lions were known for sleeping for most of the day, and she knew this, but she enjoyed the occasional teasing. "I could go for another one too." She admitted, her eyes squinting as a large yawn escaped her maw.

xxxx"We should get going then." She added, looking to Nami before approaching the queen and some of the others members who were starting to gather. Her tongue swiped over her lips at the thought of gettign a drink. Her mouth was beginning to feel dry, and she had not noticed until now. As much as she liked the waterhole, she still had some paranoia about it. She knew she was safe in a large pride, but the fear lingered despite the many reassurances that she told herself. She hated hyenas.

x
      𝐾𝑈𝐵𝑈
      xx
      male.xxthree years.xxcoalition brother.xxmentions: --xxtags: makosa, dubaku, jupiter
      xxxxAmusement shined in his eyes as Makosa whined at him for calling him out. The lion had chuckled, allowing himself to be pushed down into a laying position. His tail flicked several times against the ground as he watched the smallest brother for a moment. He decided not to pounce on him right now since they were all hungry. He simply yawned and awaited Juniper's cue to allow them to eat. Another chuckle escaped him at Juniper's comment about how they get along so well. "Yeah, we all love each other!" He mused.

xxxxHearing that their brother did have a plan, he nodded his head. Revenge was definitely something that he wanted. He wanted to kill all the members in the Safiri pride. While he enjoys being immature and playful, the thought of revenge never left him. Being so childish helped him from revealing the pain and sadness of his whole family dying.

xxxxShaking away these thoughts, he noticed Jupiter move away from the prey to show that he was finished. The male rolled to his paws and approached the prey to begin pulling meat off the bone. Like Makosa had said, he was definitely hungry too, but he would not hog it all to himself. They all needed to eat. If they were going to destroy the Safiri pride, they all needed their strength to do so.
Last edited by direwolf. on Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰⁶

Postby leaving… » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 am

M A K O S A

[ male ] - [ 3 years ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - n/a ] - [ tags - jupiter, kubu, dubaku ]
      Makosa didn't hesitate when his brother gave him the cue that it was his turn to eat. He approached
      the prey next to Kubu and ripped into the meat. He was glad that Jupiter had some kind of plan in
      mind for their revenge. Makosa wouldn't even know where to start. As a much smaller lion, he was
      never one to come up with any fighting plans. Makosa wasn't the biggest of help in those instances,
      unless there was someone more his size on the opposing side. He was more strategic in that sense,
      the one who saw an opportunity and took it, instead of running full force into opponents with his
      teeth flaring. His tongue wiped across his teeth and lips as he took a step back from the prey.
      With a full belly, he turned to face his brothers and sighed. He padded over to Jupiter and flopped
      down beside him. "I'm glad you have a plan, because I got nothing," Makosa huffed.

He is a very loyal lion. He will defend his brothers through everything and he trusts them. He knows
      they would never put him in harms way. He would rather stick with their plans because more often
      then not they were much more efficient than his own. Makosa wanted to take revenge on the pride
      that took away almost everything that was important to him. He couldn't stomach the thought of
      losing any of his brothers. He felt as though it was a never ending fear of his. As much as he
      wanted revenge, how were the four of them going to take on a pride as big as the Safiri. Makosa
      tried not to think negatively until he heard the plan. But it was hard not to think that the
      brothers bit off more than they could chew in this battle.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ 𝟎𝟎𝟐 ]

Postby radio.active. » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:32 am

𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐀𝐍
    𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐢 ━ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 ━ 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ━ 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬 𝐳𝐮𝐤𝐚, 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐚
    xxxx"Shiver they shall," he chuckled, returning his queen's affections. "In fear or awe, we shall see." As Acacia all but skipped away, Sultan allowed one of his great paws to reach out and teasingly bat at her tail. For a few heartbeats as he watched his daughter tear into her catch with pride, it seemed as though he could forget about the dangers that posed threats even to himself and his family.
    xxxxAs his mate announced the day's agenda to the pride, another rumble echoed in his throat. Between the two of them, he felt that Zuka was the most deserving of respect. She commanded the pride as if she had been born to do it, though he knew she could be riddled with anxieties just as anyone could. Still, she masked it excellently - though he had to admit, he was a little biased.
    xxxxSultan rose to stand beside Zuka, offering her a hum of support. "I have half a mind to simply name you king," he said.

𝐊𝐈𝐈𝐑𝐀
    𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐢 ━ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 ━ 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 ━ 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐢, 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭
    xxxxNow that her pridemates were all awake and bumbling to life, Kiira felt it was a good time to join in the morning buzz. She liked to wait until everyone had risen before approaching them, as more than once she had frightened a lioness just a little too much. The tawny lioness eased the kinks out of her muscles and padded towards two others, Nami and Bast. She offered the two a hum of greeting.
    xxxx"Good morning," she purred, "I hope you don't mind if I join you for our journey?"
radio.active.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒂 3] [𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊 4]

Postby derision » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 am

l𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒂
    queen fem 10 years mood: considerate
        Zuka turned to look at Sultan as he walked over. She deflated a little inside as relief flooded over her. She had not wanted to disappoint him by moving along, as they usually decided things together. "Behind every great king is a queen. What would that make you?" The lioness laughed at him, and waved her tail in contentment.

When Acacia hopped to her side, she lowered her head to her youngest daughter's height with a gentle look in her eye. "You shouldn't rush around too much," Zuka nosed the feather off of her cheek, "I might mistake you for one of the little birds." The lioness rumbled in amusement as Acacia bounded towards her sister.

She looked at Sultan again, "Are you ready to go? We've got the whole day ahead of us." Zuka looked up to the sky and exhaled slowly, steadying herself. There was no room for regrets or indecisiveness. There was only now and the future.
    tags: zuka, sultan, aparaa

l𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊
    pride member fem 5 years mood: pleased
        Nami smiled shyly at Bast, secretly wishing for another nap too. Her shoulder was aching and she would really have preferred to give it some more rest before moving on. She yawned right after Bast, and licked her nose afterwards. It only reminded her more of how thirsty she was, and she nodded in agreement to Bast. "Sounds-

The lioness paused abruptly as Kiira approached them. She quickly relaxed as she spoke; more company was fine by her. Nami told her good morning as well with a dip of her head and then glanced at Bast. The last say was up to her.
    tags: bast, kiira
derision

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me