▼ ❝ FOX PELTS ❞ ▲

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: ▼ ❝ FOX PELTS ❞ ▲

Postby Starryeyedmimi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:29 am

Juniper:
Juniper was always a little strange when it came to sleeping. Instead of cuddling up to the others in the warrior den, she would sleep in a rather large tree in front of the den. Since her coat wasn't as beautiful and bright as the other foxes, she was able to blend in a little better with the tree. This made her feel like she was helping protect everyone a little better. She had heard the hunters and their dogs earlier in the morning with her one good ear, but had disregarded because she figured they weren't very close by. Once they got closer she was on high alert and about ready to try and distract them. However, since they left pretty quickly, she did nothing.
Once the hunting dogs had left she relaxed a little, letting her scared, mangled coat go back from being raised. As Flynn yipped out to see if everyone was okay, she sent back a small tip in reply. She carefully climbed down her tree, still being wary of her surroundings, and trotted off to the den to find her apprentice. She figured it might be a good opportunity to pick up the scent of those dogs, so she knew what they smelled like for the future.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. I've Been quite busy lately :)
Starryeyedmimi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▼ ❝ 002 !! ❞ ▲

Postby wildsight » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:26 am

━━ RONAN !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      4 y/o | male | deputy | no apprentice | tags; flynn
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      ━━Amber gaze scanning the rest of the skulk, Ronan let out a sigh once everyone had confirmed that they were alright. The tension in his shoulders quickly relaxed, something that he hadn’t even noticed until just now. His gaze bounced from one fox to another, before his attention was drawn away. Ears twitching, he noticed Flynn who seemed to be signaling for the tod to follow him. His eyes held a curious light as his attention was turned away from the skulk to the leader, wondering what he had in mind that needed to be discussed. Whatever it was, it must be urgent as the tod wasn’t waiting for him and had already padded away. Shaking the thoughts from his mind, Ronan quickly followed after him, his nose twitching a bit.

━━As he made his way over to the leader, he couldn’t help but notice the slight chill that came along with the breeze. The warming rays of the sun, quickly chased that feeling away though. As the sun continued to rise, the day would grow warmer. But even he knew, that with winter approaching that would do little against the harsh snow. With winter struck just as merciless as the winter before and the winter before that, the skulk would be in serious trouble.

━━Upon joining the other tod, he quieted his thoughts quickly. However, he didn’t get a chance to speak because as soon as he joined his leader upon the rock, words practically poured out of him. His ears pricked at the leader’s words. He should have known this would be what they’d be discussing, but even so he had hoped against hope that such wouldn’t be the case. He knew they were running out of time, if they weren’t out of it already. But he wasn’t ready. At the mention of losing so many members, the tod felt a pang of sadness deep in his chest. His mother...he’d lost her to those dreadful hunters. But he couldn’t think about that now, not with so much going on.

━━He was brought back to the present by the voice of Flynn, as he continued. His eyes widened just a tad at the mention of sending out warriors, to scope out a potential place for the skulk to settle. His tail merely twitched at the fact that he would be leading them, if he agreed of course. He was silent for a few long moments, staring at his paws with a rather blank expression. Of all the things he had done, he’d never been asked of something like this. It would be a dangerous task no doubt. And it was quite a lot to ask. His shoulders almost wanted to sag, as if the weight of the task were weighing down on him. The leader was trusting him with this task and it would be his responsibility to make sure everything went well. If something went wrong...he’d never forgive himself.

━━Finally, after realizing he hadn’t answered he quickly raised his head and nodded. “Of course, Flynn. If you believe that’s best, we shouldn’t waste any time in doing so. Surely, its our only option at this point anyway? Any longer and we’ll lose that chance as well.” He replied at last, letting out a quiet breath. “How many warriors should I bring along. Surely, some will have to stay here as a means for protection. If you want me to take anyone specific, I can. And I must ask…” Shuffling his paws a bit, he added, “When were you thinking of us leaving? I’d believe as soon as possible, but you might have something else in mind.” He hoped they weren’t leaving too soon, but then again any longer and they’d be wasting time. Ronan had to admit, he was quite conflicted on the situation, but there wasn’t much he could do to fix this.
      ━━ BASIL !!
      9 m/o | female | apprentice | mentored by freya | tags; skulk, open
      ━━Basil’s ears twitched at the sound of her mentor’s voice, leaping to her paws. “Hi, Freya!” She yipped, her tail practically thrashing. “Oooo, can I? That sounds like fun!” Checking out the tracks of those hunters and their dogs? Yes please! If she knew what their tracks looked like, she could eventually track them down and return the favor of their destruction with a little bit of payback. Her amber eyes were bright as she thought the idea over, though she was quickly distracted by the leader and her father. The two of them padded off shortly after the skulk came together, Flynn announcing that the rest should return to whatever they had been doing before. Well, she certainly wasn’t going back to sleeping - that was for sure. So no thank you Flynn.

━━Her attention was turned back to her mentor, smiling a bit when she was given a warm smile. She liked Freya, she felt like the warrior gets her pretty well. The two of them would make for a great team one day, she was sure. Really, they were a great team now! If only she could be with her more. There were still things she couldn’t join with the warrior, such as certain patrols. She didn’t understand why she was so limited as an apprentice, but as she had gotten older she had received more and more privileges. Still, she wanted to do everything a warrior could. That was where the fun was, she was sure of it.

━━Turning away from these thoughts, she directed her attention back to her mentor. “So can we go now? Please, Freya? I wanna see the tracks from those monsters!” She said, crouching down as if she was about to pounce and striking a paw at the air. She was ready to learn everything about these strange creatures, she would need to if she was going to be the best warrior the skulk had ever seen. She would be there to protect them no matter what, who cared if it was dangerous or not.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

`` thkalta , [ 2 ]

Postby w0ah » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:46 am

` `xxTHKALTA .
      [ vixen , three and a half years , healer ] • [ mentions: skulk members ] • [ tagged: aemon ]

xxxxxxAs a chorus of voices followed her own, confirming their safety from the morning's events, the foxes began to turn away and go along with their morning as usual. The vixen watched, with her yellow gaze following the leader, as he stepped aside from her view, taking with him another fox -- the one she recognized as Ronan, the skulk's deputy. She flicked an ear in the young tod's direction, and as he spoke, she dipped her head in subtle agreement. "I believe so, Aemon." She sighed in response. It wasn't often that she was left out of the current events, unaware of what was decided between the leader and the deputy. However, she knew better than to interfere with their discussions. She was but the healer, their tasks differing so greatly between one another. Whereas they ran and directed the skulk as a whole, she was to ensure they were strong and in good health. Thkalta rarely muddled with leadership decisions, and the two higher-ranking tods rarely, if ever, questioned her healing abilities. She would be amazed if they could even classify one herb by name.
      xxxxxxSwiveling on her heel, Thkalta faced her apprentice with as encouraging of a smile as she could offer. It wasn't often that she expressed many of these emotions, though she knew the young fox would need the support in such a time as they faced on this day -- and the recent events that had threatened their home so greatly. "How about we continue as we had the other day, test your knowledge. You lead me, and you tell me what you find." It was a type of activity the pair had exercised recently as a way for the healer to gauge what the apprentice knew. They would venture into the forest together, and Aemon would lead to which herbs he could scent. He would then describe the herb, harvest it, and list its uses. Thkalta would aid him when needed, and inform him otherwise if it was ever needed. This type of activity was a very useful task to test how the young tod were to act if he were to gather all on his own, without her assistance.
      xxxxxxBut there was a new danger they faced each time they stepped into the forest -- a chance of fatality, even. With the hunters and their dogs ever-encroaching, closer and closer, upon their skulk's home with each coming day, there was never not a possibility to encounter them throughout their territory. Aemon must train, he must learn, and there was no chance that Thkalta would halt their efforts just as they had begun to make such progress. Even if they were to leave, as had been a proposal of their leader's, she would continue to mold the apprentice into the healer that the skulk needed him to be. There was always a probability of her passing, even of his, though she knew she'd throw herself in the jaws of a hound for the young tod's survival -- if it ever did come to that.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawneypelt0504 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 am

Azalea
Female - 9 months - Apprentice - Mentor: Juniper - Tags: Juniper
Azalea jumped awake to the sound of the hunting dogs, she stood tensely listening until the sounds of their barking faded away. Azalea sighed before sitting down and cleaning her silver and orange pelt, her ears pricked up once she heard Flynn. Poking her head out of the den she gave a small yip in reply she was doing better than she was before but the death of her father had still really shaken her. Azalea noticed her Juniper her mentor coming towards the den and trotted out to meet her "Good morning Juniper" Azalea greeted her mentor giving her a respectful head nod "How are you doing" She asked politely.

Blaze
Male - 3 years old - Warrior - Apprentice: Jackal - Tags: Open
Blaze blearily opened his eyes after hearing the dogs before lifting his head up and looking in the direction it was coming from, his ears forward and alert. After the sounds of barking faded away, Blaze got up and stretched and walked out of the den looking up towards Flynn and calling out "Good". He knew that they were in a tricky spot at the moment but they were still here and it was better to stay positive rather than let negative thoughts overtake you at least that's what he thought. Blaze then began to scan the clearing to see if he could find his apprentice so they could find dog prints and scent.

(Sorry for taking so long to get a post up been really busy lately)
tawneypelt0504

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starryeyedmimi » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:19 am

Juniper:
Tags: Azalea
As she neared the den, she saw her apprentice Azalea come out to greet her with a respectful nod. "I am doing great" she said with a genuine smile. She loved the respect her apprentice had for her, she thought of her more like her own kit, and she hoped nothing would ever happen to her. "I hope you slept well despite those nasty dogs". (Her reply) "well this not only is a good morning because no one was hurt, it's also a good morning for a training lesson. I want you to pick up their scent. That way when they come again you will know who they are and the pattern they follow. I also want to see how far we can track them. We won't go very far so we keep our distance but it will be good for later. Ya got all that?" She said with a smile and a playful nudge.
My goal is to collect EVERY PET on this site.
Right now I am collecting: ALL DOGS/WOLVES
I am always looking for halters and bridles.
Starryeyedmimi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▼ ❝ 003 ❞ ▲

Postby direwolf. » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:22 pm

x
      𝐹𝐿𝑌𝑁𝑁
      xx
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      male.xxfour years.xxleader.xxmentions: --xxtags: ronan
      xxxxThe leader fell silent as he waited for a response from Ronan. He was asking a lot from the deputy, but he would not give him such a task if he did not think he could not handle it. He knew Ronan was a capable tod and would be able to lead a small group to find the skulk a new home. He would have gone himself, but he had a responsibility to his skulk. He had to stay here and make sure things went smoothly. He would not feel right leaving his skulk, even if he would leave them in the capable paws of the deputy. He believed that this would be the best outcome for them; have ronan find new territory while he stayed here to watch the skulk. He would feel horrible if something happened to the skulk if he was gone.

xxxxFinally, the deputy spoke up. He knew it was not an easy decision to make, and he would not blame the other tod for refusing if he chose to do so. Thankfully, it seemed like Ronan was agreeing to the plan. He nodded his head in agreement at the mention of not wanting to waste any more time. A small hum escaped him as the tod questioned how many warriors he should bring. "At least three warriors. Like you said, we need warriors here for protection too. I have no one specific in mind, so you choose you think will be the best choice for this mission." He responded, his gaze briefly scanning the skulk. They had many great options to choose from. As he was gazing at the skulk, he nodded his head once more when the tod asked when they should leave. "Gather your warriors, and once everyone has returned from their morning patrol and hunt, I will make an announcement to the skulk. I will want you to leave soon after that, if you are ready. Who knows how long it will take to find the right location, but we cannot waste time." He explained, turning his attention back to the tod with a slight tilt of his head to see if he agreed.

x
      𝐹𝑅𝐸𝑌𝐴
      xx
      female.xxthree years.xxwarrior.xxmentions: --xxtags: basil
      xxxxFreya looked amused when she saw the excitement radiating from her apprentice. She had always loved Basil's energy and excitement to learn more. That was what every warrior needed! She remembered being bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as an apprentice too. She always wanted to do more and impress her mentor. There was not a day where she would wake up and dread having to go to training. Every day that she trained was a good day, even if it was sometimes too early in the morning.

xxxxA laugh escaped her when Basil insisted on going right now. "Alright, let's get to it!" She yipped, watching her apprentice with amusement. Turning on her heel, she headed in the direction that they had last heard the evil dogs barking. It did not take them too long to discover the tracks of hunters and their beasts. She did feel a sinking sensation in her stomach when she noticed how close they were coming to discovering their little skulk. Lowering her nose, she sniffed at the fresh prints left by the two monsters. "Here they are! Let's see if you can figure out which direction they went in." She instructed, moving slightly away from the path and sitting on her haunches to watch her apprentice. She had taught the young vixen how to track prey many months ago, but today she would be tracking their predators. She had never been introduced to these prints before.

x
      𝐴𝐸𝑀𝑂𝑁
      xx
      male.xxten months.xxhealer's apprentice.xxmentions: --xxtags: thkalta
      xxxxAemon nodded his head slowly, ears tilting back slightly when the vixen had sighed. However, his ears perked back up when his mentor faced him with a smile on her maw. His fluffy white tail wagged slowly in response as he waited for his mentor to speak. He seemed to light up at the mention of their activity. The tod always enjoyed this activity because he liked to prove what he truly knew to his mentor. All he wanted to do was make her proud and show everyone that he was capable. He did not want to be a useless skulk member and be seen as a liability. His father has been treating him as such for his whole life.

xxxx"Okay!" He said softly but with eagerness. He started in the direction of the forest, allowing his nose to guide him since he rarely relied on his eyes for tracking. As he made his way through the forest, his ears perked at the sound of running water. He could smell the water as well as various plants in the area. He had paused for a moment, head lifted as he sniffed the air and took in all the scents. Finally, he headed in the direction of running water. Soon enough, they found themselves near a small creek. His nose was drawn to a bright yellow flower that was growing near the creek. As he moved closer to the flower, his eyes were able to pick up on its bright yellow color. If he tried to use his eyes, he had to be close to an object to determine what it was.

xxxxSniffing at the base of the flower, he gave a small wag of his tail. "It's marigold. A bright yellow flower that grows near water, like this creek." He stated as he recalled the color and the location of where it grows. He gently plucked the flower from the ground before facing his mentor and sitting down. He placed the flower in front of his white paws. "You chew it to create a poultice then you can apply it to bleeding wounds and infections. It can help with aching joints as well." He explained, a small smile on his maw. He recalled a time when Thkalta had to use marigold on one of the skulk members who had received a wound.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Tattoo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Warrior
3.3 Years
Kit Fox
Straight
Crushing on Farrah
Alone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A nightmare had awoken him early. It was a strange affair, filled with fears of loss, and it left him restless. Tattoo had decided to go for a walk by himself at daybreak to clear his head, and after a generous amount of time alone with his thoughts, he had to admit that he felt much better. The memories of his nightmare had faded with time steeped in the reality of his waking surroundings. With a clear head, he then chose to change tactics and do some hunting for the skulk. That was where he found himself in the present moment, trotting back to camp with a mouthful of rodents to share. Perhaps Farrah would want to have breakfast with him. The thought of that possibility hastened his steps.

Cal
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elder
8.8 Years
South American Grey Fox
Bisexual
Single
Alone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Of the two elders, Cal was the first to stir from their slumber. While they were not in a hurry to get moving, enough time had passed that the old fox wished to move out into the open, where there was room to stretch properly. With a soft grunt, Cal stood, remaining quiet so as not to disturb Zen, and tip-toed out of the den.
Cal blinked into the morning sunrise, taking in the various other foxes as they started their day. As the elder began their ritual of stretching their stiff limbs and spine, they made a point to keep an eye on whatever was going on around them. This was more for the sake of curiosity than anything. That, and perhaps a hint of eagerness to find a companion to share breakfast with.
Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tropicalpeacock » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:55 am

Scout - Male - Three years - Warrior - Tags: Blaze

Scout was awoken by the sound of dogs barking which made him wake with a start. His heart beat quickly as he hid in his den, trying to be as quiet as possible until he could no longer hear the dogs. Where there were dogs, there were humans which where a huge threat to all of them in the skulk. He stretched a bit and left his den once he was confident that the coast was clear, at least for now. He padded around for a bit, spotting Ronan and Flynn from a distance and stopping for a moment and looking their way. He decided to keep going as they seemed to be having an important conversation and he didn't want interrupt them. After walking a bit, he spotted Blaze and approached him curiously. "Hello, Blaze!" he greeted, dipping his head in greeting. "Would you like to go for a morning hunt?" he asked, tilting his head to the side curiously.
Last edited by Tropicalpeacock on Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tropicalpeacock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▼ ❝ 004 ❞ ▲

Postby direwolf. » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:42 am

x
      𝐹𝐴𝑅𝑅𝐴𝐻
      xx
      female.xxthree years.xxwarrior.xxmentions: --xxtags: tattoo
      xxxxxFarrah had been inspecting the borders of the skulk after the hunting canines and their humans had passed through not too long ago. Her nose twitched in disgust at the scent they had left behind. They were growing closer which worried everyone in the skulk. She had noticed the leader and deputy speaking, so she hoped that they were coming up with a plan to leave. She had no attachments to their current home. She was not born here, but she had spent most of her life here. She knew that wherever the skulk went, she would be happy as long as they were all alive. She would be able to adapt to their new location.

xxxxxAs she moved closer into camp, her stomach grumbled to announce that she should find some breakfast. Glancing around, she searched for another warrior who may want to accompany her on a hunt. She knew that no fox should head out alone in a time like this. When her gaze landed on Tattoo, she noticed several rodents dangling from his maw. The vixen padded over to Tattoo. "It looks like you are up bright and early doing your duty. I was just about to find someone to join me on a hunt." She explained, her ears tilting back slightly as her stomach grumbled once more and announced to those near her that she was hungry.
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Tiny tags blaze and scout
Tiny gets up and yawns and trots over to scout and blaze and says “hey blaze, scout do you mind if I tag along?” She wags her tail and smiles
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me