☆ ── ❝ AGAINST ALL ODDS ))

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

☆ ── ❝ 002 ))

Postby direwolf. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:26 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────
ACACIA

xxxxThe princess sat back on her hind legs as both her parents stirred from their slumber and gazed upon her prize of the morning. Her eyes were bright as she awaited for praise and approval from her parents. She constantly sought out ways to gain recognition from her parents. She seemed pleased when her father spoke up and rumbled his approval. With wide eyes, she nodded her head eagerly in response. "I will, father! I'll be careful! I don't want to offend the spirits." She responded, dropping her gaze for a moment to glance down at the bird at her father's paws. She was eager to eat her meal, but she just had to show her parents that she had caught something before she ate it.
    xxxxAs her mother praised her for her catch, she seemed to puff out her chest a little bit in pride. "It didn't suffer, mother! I made sure it was quick." She responded with a firm nod of her head. She smiled as her parents showed affection for each other. One day, she hoped to be just like her mother and rule a pride alongside her own mate. However, that was so far into the future! She was not thinking about icky love. She just wanted to be a good hunter and learn more from her mother to be a good future queen one day.
    xxxx"I'm going to make sure this little bird doesn't go to waste now!" She insisted, giving both her parents an affectionate nuzzle with her head before scooping up her bird. She happily padded with her head held high to find a spot to eat her meal. She sat underneath a shady tree and started to pluck the tiny feathers off the bird with her tongue. Once the feathers were removed from one spot on the bird, she began to tear into her meal. It would definitely hold her over until the big lionesses, and maybe even her father too, went for a hunt and caught something big. She wondered what else would be on the menu today. Her appetite was always growing.
( female ) ( six months ) ( safiri princess )
( mentions: --- ) ( tags: sultan, zuka )

BAST

xxxxNoticing more lions beginning to stir, Bast finally rose to all four paws to greet them. She briefly acknowledge Kiira who was sitting off by herself. She noticed how the lioness seemed to distance herself from the rest of the pride. She had an interesting condition, that being her scarred eye. She never did ask her what had happened, but she was not one to poke and prod for an answer that she might not receive. One day, she would definitely ask the other lioness what had caused the injury to her eye; it definitely looked uncomfortable.
    xxxxShe saw Nami lift her head, so she decided to make her way over to the other lioness. As she approached, she extended her neck to give an affectionate greeting by bumping her head against Nami's head. "Good morning, Nami." The lioness yawned, her eyes squinting close for a moment as the big yawn escaped her. She smacked her lips together before briefly glancing over at the king and queen. "I don't know about you, but I'm ready for another hunt. How's your shoulder?" She inquired, her eyes flickering over to the shoulder in question.
( female ) ( five years ) ( safiri member )
( mentions: kiira ) ( tags: nami )

direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰¹

Postby leaving… » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:36 am

M A K O S A

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      [ male ] - [ 3 years old ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - n/a ] - [ tags - kubu ]
      Makosa rolled over onto his side as he slowly began to wake from his sleep. The warm sun beating
      onto his coat made it harder for him to find the energy to get up and start his day. He groaned as
      he rolled over to his other side and started to stretch. He opened his eyes and looked around to
      see if his brothers were awake yet. Spotted to his right was Kubu, mid yawn, who also looked like
      he had just awoken. Makosa was in no mood to get up, but his stomach started to grumble. He
      had not eaten since yesterday and the urge to find his next meal was enough motivation to get
      him up from his laying position. Makosa walked over to Kubu who still had not moved from where
      he was sleeping and he gently grabbed his ear in his mouth and tugged on it. "Kubu," he said
      quietly and slightly muffled. "Wake up. I'm hungry." He tugged at his ear again before putting a
      paw on his shoulder and shoving his brother slightly. They had a lot to do today in planning their
      next move against the Safiri pride. The sound of their name was enough to bring Makosa's blood
      to a boil. But as his stomach began to rumble again, he knew he couldn't focus on anything else
      before finding something to eat and subside his hunger.
Last edited by leaving… on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 001 ))

Postby wildsight » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 am

━━ DUBAKU !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      3 y/o | male | coalition | no mate | tags; kubu, makosa
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      ━━As the sun began to cast its golden rays down onto the land below, its warmth seemed to call Dubaku’s name. His ears flicked as he slowly awoke from his slumber, letting out a yawn as he did so. The large male blinked slowly, letting his gaze adjust to the growing light. Today was going to be yet another busy one, something he had to admit he was tired of. He let out a snort, his whiskers twitching as he heard the quiet muttering from his brothers nearby. Dubaku used to normally sleep further away from his brothers, but after those dreadful events he had slowly but surely began sleeping closer and closer toward them - which was quite a bit to say about the male. Dubaku had never been an affectionate brother, nor did he show affection publicly often, but these times had gotten tougher for him and he simply felt the need to do so. Even so, he kept it to the bare minimum as he didn’t think he would be the same if he allowed himself to do any more. Besides, if he happened to lose one of them (which he certainly wouldn’t allow), the pain would be beyond unbearable. The male soon brushed these thoughts aside, turning to a more focused mindset. He slowly rose to his paws, swiping his tongue over his maw. He turned to face his brothers, his tail swaying slowly. “Would you mind keeping your voice down, just a tad more?” He asked Makosa. Even though he wanted to sleep more, there wasn’t any time to do so. “It would be an ideal time to go hunting soon, since it seems you’re itching for a meal.” He knew they hadn’t eaten since the previous day, so it was definitely time to go hunting soon once the rest were up. “Kubu, are you awake?” He called to his brother, as he had thought he had seen the other male moving just a bit earlier, but otherwise wasn’t sure.
      ━━ FARAJA !!
      4 y/o | female | safiri pride - member | no mate | tags; open
      ━━Faraja had been up early that morning, though had remained so quiet and so still, she could easily seem like she was made out of the stone she was currently laying on. Her ears twitched as she watched the golden disk peak over the horizon, just as it did every morning. Her ears finally twitched, announcing that the creature wasn’t made of stone. Turning her gaze toward the rest of the pride, she noticed a few souls were finally up and moving about. Most were chatting among each other, so she didn’t bother to move from her spot and interrupt. Instead, she continued to lay there, enjoying the warm light on her tawny gold pelt, letting out a quiet sigh as she did so.
      ━━ APARAA !!
      1 y 6 m/o | female | safiri pride - princess | no mate | tags; open
      ━━Aparaa laid among the rest of her pride, watching as they interacted with one another. Nearby, her parents along with her younger sister were busy chatting among themselves, while the rest of the pride members seemed to be doing the same. As for herself, she wasn’t sure what she should be doing at the moment. Her gaze bounced from one form to another. Perhaps, she should go hunting. That would give her something to do, though she didn’t feel like moving from her warm spot. Soon enough she would, as the sun continued to rise to its highest point, but for now she would remain here. Flicking her tail, she rested her head on her paws with a huff, closing her eyes and allowing the sun to continue to let its rays dance on her pelt.
Last edited by wildsight on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰²

Postby leaving… » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:45 am

M A K O S A

[ male ] - [ 3 years old ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - n/a ] - [ tags - kubu, dubaku ]
      Makosa's head snapped towards Dubaku at the sound of his voice. He didn't realize his brother was
      so close to him and Kubu until he spoke. He would never bring it up, but Makosa did notice that his
      usually intimidating and stand off-ish brother seemed to hover around them more than he used to.
      It makes sense, though. Ever since they lost their family, the brothers only have each other to lean
      on. Makosa had always looked up to his much bigger brother and he always knew he would be there
      to protect him. He quickly looked out into the distance, as if hoping some sort of prey would just
      appear at their feet, then back at Dubaku and rolled his eyes before walking over to him. "You know
      we haven't eaten since yesterday."
      he said matter-of-factly. He rolled onto his back at his brother's
      feet and swung his paws up at him, trying to get a reaction out of him. Makosa was good at pushing
      Dubaku to the brink of annoyance. He glanced back over at Kubu, with begging eyes and expecting
      him to also want to go hunting soon. Their eldest brother was no where to be found this morning.
      Makosa hoped he was already out so he wouldn't have to exert too much energy.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 003 ))

Postby direwolf. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 am

KUBU

xxxxKubu's ear twitched at the approaching figure coming up behind him, but he knew the sound of paws against the earth belonged to one of his brothers, Makosa. He felt teeth clamp down on his ear followed by a tugging sensation as his brother pulled his ear. Amused, he listened to his brother whisper that he was hungry then a large paw started to shove him. Still, he pretended to be asleep to annoy his brother just a little bit longer. As he was about to roll onto his back and playfully attack Makosa with a swinging of large paws, another brother spoke up. This voice belonged to Dubaku. Ah, sweet, sweet Dubaku.. Always so serious. He snickered to himself as the male told Makosa to quiet down.
    xxxxWhen his brother addressed him, he rolled to flop onto his other side to face the two other male lions. "I'm up, wide awake!" He announced, a loud and dramatic yawn escaping his maw. Finally, he rolled to his paws to properly look at his two brothers. Noticing the begging eyes from Makosa, he grinned and approached the pair in a saunter. As he closed the distance between himself and his brothers, he playfully pounced on Makosa to get his revenge for his ear. He did so by trying to tug on Makosa's ear as well. "I could also go for a hunt right now." He agreed as he tried to sit on the smallest of the brothers and keep him pinned.
( male ) ( three years ) ( coalition brother )
( mentions: --- ) ( tags: makosa, dubaku )

direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 002 ))

Postby wildsight » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:03 am

━━ DUBAKU !!
      3 y/o | male | coalition | no mate | tags; kubu, makosa
      ━━Dubaku sighed heavily at Makosa’s words. “Yes, I know that very well Makosa. I’m pretty sure everyone here is hungry, alright?” His eyes narrowed as the male rolled onto his back and began to swing his paws up at him. Before he could respond, his other brother Kubu announced that he was awake as well and made his way over. He then pounced on Makosa, making Dubaku take a few steps back. “Why must you two be this way?” He muttered, mostly to himself. Why did his brothers act so much like cubs? He groaned as he moved away, his tail trailing after him. Sometimes he felt like the only grown lion here, but he knew that Makosa often liked to annoy him in such ways - sometimes Kubu would also get on it. But with them being the only things he had left, he couldn’t be annoyed by them so much. Still, their immature antics weren’t even amusing and he wished they’d act their age more often than not.

━━Turning away from his brothers for the time being, he turned his gaze to his surroundings and noticed that their eldest brother wasn’t anywhere in sight. Oh great. Normally, their eldest brother would probably have those two under control, but this morning he wasn’t here to do so. Perhaps, he had already gone hunting so he wouldn’t have to hear Makosa’s complaints about his empty belly. He hoped he had, otherwise they’d still have to go hunting later. After a few moments, he turned back to his brothers, his gaze just as serious as always. “Perhaps, you two can put your energy to use, hm? I suggest we go hunting after awhile, if our 'leader' doesn’t show up soon. No need to waste your energy by acting like cubs.” He said with a snort. By “leader” he meant their eldest brother, whom he hoped would be around soon. Otherwise, he didn’t see what would be wrong with a hunting trip of sorts.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰³

Postby leaving… » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:27 am

M A K O S A

[ male ] - [ 3 years old ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - n/a ] - [ tags - kubu, dubaku ]

Makosa let out a small grunt as his brother unexpectedly pounced on him. He knew there was no
      winning while Kubu was on top so he let his body fall limp as his brother's heavy body sat down
      on him. He rolled his eyes again at Dubaku as he tried to swing at him again, but without success.
      "You could loosen up every once in awhile, Dubaku," Makosa said jokingly. He knew his brother
      would most likely never join in on their antics, but it will still somewhat entertaining to try to
      get him to. Makosa turned his attention back to Kubu as he tried to push the much stronger lion
      off of him, but again was unsuccessful. He huffed and pushed his paws against the larger body.
      "Kubu get. off," he said as he repeatedly pounded his paws against his brother's coat. He knows
      Kubu will be unaffected by his attempts. It is probably humorous if anything. Makosa looked
      over at Dubaku who seemed to be interested in going now for a hunt. He scoffed and glanced
      back up at Kubu. "Well, if my bones aren't crushed, I'll go with you," he said sarcastically. His
      stomach started to rumble again. "If we don't go soon, I'll be forced to eat you," Makosa growled
      at Kubu. He was happy that he and Kubu were able to joke around. There doesn't seem to be a
      lot to have fun with anymore since their family were killed. He knows as soon as they come back
      from the hunt, they will be focused on their planning. Makosa liked having a break from being
      angry, even if it was only for a few moments in the morning.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊 2]

Postby derision » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:53 am

l𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒊
    pride member fem 5 years mood: relaxed
        Nami turned her attention to look at Bast as she neared her. When she bumped her head against hers, Nami rumbled in appreciation. Bast may not have known it, but it was something she really appreciated. She sat on her haunches and restrained herself from yawning again as she listened to the other lioness.

Nami paused before answering as she considered the question. She flexed her shoulder and moved her foreleg with it, yet she didn't wince or show any sign of the flash of pain that shot through her. It hurt, yes, but Nami had definitely had worse. "It hurts a lot," she admitted, "but I can take it." The lioness laughed to herself, referencing Bast's previous comment, "Well, if it means I can get some more food. I could definitely go on another hunt."

The lioness focused her attention on their king and queen, wondering to herself when they would get a move on. Unlike Bast, she let her gaze linger as she studied them. "It'll be harder to hunt when the sun is at its peak. A lot more draining. We could try and hunt more at dawn, but I don't know when Sultan and Zuka will find it appropriate." Nami flicked her tail as she spoke, wondering what their plans for the day were. She licked her maw after she spoke, noticing how dry her mouth was. "We could go to a nearby water hole," she thought aloud, "could be potential prey there as well."
    tags: bast
derision

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 004 ))

Postby direwolf. » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:11 am

BAST

xxxxBast nodded slowly as the other lioness explained that her shoulder still hurt, but she could manage the pain. That was what she liked to hear. A small smile curled at her maw as Nami laughed. The lioness listened with interest as Nami explained when was the best time to hunt and bringing up the idea of going to the waterhole for some prey. "I agree with you; it would be nice to fill up on food and water at the same time." She stated with a nod of her head. The only thing she did not like about the waterhole was the other predators in the area. There were crocodiles which were a huge risk, especially for foolish little cubs. She was certain that they would be able to handle their own if they happened upon another pride. The Safiri pride had a reputation for being bloodthirsty and a pride killer.
    xxxx"But I guess we're waiting for the cue." She said, flopping back down to rest up some more before the king or queen gave the orders for today. It was still early morning, and they had plenty of time to do whatever they decided to do for the day.
( female ) ( five years ) ( safiri member )
( mentions: --- ) ( tags: nami )

KUBU

xxxx"Yeah, Dubaku, have some fun for once! We're in no rush.. except for Makosa who is currently dying from starvation." Kubu insisted, dropping his gaze to look down at the brother that he was currently sitting on. He could not help but laugh when the smaller male tried to push him off with little success. A grin spread across his maw at Makosa's comment about his bones being crushed followed by the comment that Makosa would be forced to eat him if they did not go on a hunt soon. "Ha! I'd like to see you try. You're so dramatic." Mused the equally as dramatic lion. Using his front paws, he stepped off of his smaller brother and removed the weight off of him. "There, you're free." He added, playfully swatting at Makosa with his tail as he walked over to Dubaku.
    xxxx"Alright, alright, I'm ready to hunt. Maybe our missing brother is out there hunting right now and waiting for us with a large kill." He said in a hopeful manner, and as he approached Dubaku, he nudged him lightly with his shoulder in a way of saying "loosen up." Sure, they had serious matters to take care of, but they did not have to spend every waking moment plotting the Safiri pride's demise. He was not sure how they were going to pull that off. Four young males against a king, his brother, a queen, and a bunch of lionesses? He did not like those odds. He was definitely not the brains of the bunch, he left that to his brothers.
( male ) ( three years ) ( coalition brother )
( mentions: --- ) ( tags: makosa, dubaku )

direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ ── ❝ 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙤𝙨𝙖 ⁰⁰⁴

Postby leaving… » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:22 am

M A K O S A

[ male ] - [ 3 years ] - [ coalition brother ] - [ mentions - jupiter ] - [ tags - kubu, dubaku ]
      Makosa grunted as Kubu moved off of his tiny body. He scrunched his face as his brother's tail
      swatted against it. He opened his mouth to say something smart, but closed it when he looked
      over at Dubaku. Sometimes it is better to say nothing. Makosa followed behind Kubu to catch
      up to Dubaku and squeezed his way in between his two brothers. He pushed past them and
      said, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Makosa broke into a slight run and took off
      in a random direction, hoping he would come across Jupiter. Or even better, Jupiter with an
      already caught meal. He raised his head slightly to feel the warmth of the sun on his face and
      the wind rushing all around him. It was the little things that made him forget about what was
      actually going on in their lives and that helped him clear his head and not think about the
      last time he saw his family. Makosa's eyes darted in all directions, looking for his eldest brother.
      It was normal for the brothers to roam around without each other in the morning, especially
      because they all awake at different times. But, ever since the passing of their family, Makosa
      preferred to know where his brothers were at all times. He looked behind himself to see how
      far back Dubaku and Kubu were and he slowed down a tad. He knew he couldn't hunt anything
      big without their help so there was no point to get too far ahead of them.
leaving…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me