Love Letters [RP Play!]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Love Letters [RP Play!]

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:00 am

(Not currently accepting) Sign-Ups: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4680871&p=137273028#p137273028

CS Discussion: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=4680872&p=137273039#p137273039

Discord Discussion: https://discord.gg/p9zVr9KeED
_________

Time: 11 AM
Date: April 10th, 2022 (but no COVID! This is fiction)
Weather: Warm and sunny!

Luciano DeLuca | 26 | Tagging: Jess, mentions Briar, Kass

Upon arrival at the mansion, Luciano had wandered the outdoor gardens for a while, awaiting the arrival of the other players. This garden was peaceful. Trees of a variety, and flowers just starting to bloom with early spring. A fresh breeze blew, bring up the scent of the roses. It brought a rare smile to Luciano's face, half suppressed, ever so faint. It was difficult to draw himself away from the gardens when he started to hear voices as others arrived at the mansion. Ah well, there would be time to explore further later on.

Luciano retreated to the front entrance once again, nodding at a pair who had shown up, a young woman dressed quite fancy for a casual first day, and a striking young man accompanying her. His gaze moved quickly past them. Luciano's dark eyes settled on another figure further ahead, a short young woman, with ginger hair and sparkling dark brown eyes. Captivating, with the glimmer in them. Composing himself, Luciano adjusted the high collar of his dress shirt and walked forward to meet her, offering a nod by way of greeting.

"Good morning. Here for the game, I presume," Luciano noted. He’d seen various cameramen and staff around, but this woman didn’t appear to carry any of the fancy equipment with her. He extended a hand. "I’m Luciano DeLuca. By what name should I call you?" He asked, tone polite, perhaps a bit curious. It certainly would do no harm to get to know the people around him. After all, they’d be living together for the next year.

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Nova

Kazill had arrived around the same time as a friend, Nova. As excited as he was to be going into this game, being on camera, he was also relieved to know he was going in already knowing someone. His gaze shifted towards the young woman, black haired, dark eyes, dressed casually, and yet stylish. He didn’t have much of an eye for fashion, but it seemed movable, which he could appreciate, and it fit her figure nicely, highlighting her curves without flaunting her body in a way that was intimidatingly much.

Okay. So Kaz knew he’d on some level been attracted to her, just in the back of his mind, but looking around, there were so many attractive people! Did the show just pick out the country's prettiest people? Finely dressed young men, a woman in a tight fitting dress, a few more casually dressed women, a man in a black dress shirt. It was an elaborate, fancy place too, the biggest mansion Kaz had ever seen, tiled floors, painted walls, fancy furniture and a crystal chandelier overhead he could see through the open doors.

Kaz sidled up next to Nova, gently nudging her and offering a confident grin. "Hey, excited much? Look at where we are! We're at a huge, fancy mansion, about to go on live TV on this game show! And hey, if all goes the way it’s supposed to, we'll walk outta this place hand in hand with someone we can fall in love and settle down with. That’ll be nice, right? Getting to know all these handsome guys and pretty girls, going on dates, group activities, until we eventually find The One."

Kaz wasn’t supposed to be here. That’s what he’d told himself. He was supposed to be living life free and to the fullest, not considering finding a partner and settling down, but Ryder had insisted it would be good for him. Settling down with someone wasn’t something that had ever crossed Kaz's mind before coming here, but he’d been encouraged to come along to the game and at least try to find a partner he could be happy with.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

B [001]

Postby senna_ » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:54 am

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐌Ä𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐍
──────────────────── . 25 . he/him . loc; outside house (front entrance) . mentions; --> . tags; kassandra────────────────────

Briar, for some reason, felt an odd sense of nervousness wash over him as his Uber pulled him closer and closer to the place he would be staying for the next few years. He couldn’t deny the fact that he was looking forward to this event, though. It was something he had never done before, a step in a totally different direction, and honestly, he was ready. It was something new and exciting, and maybe even a good start to a new part of his life.

He stood in silence, hazel-coloured eyes watching the water fountains rise up in sync, sprinkling aqua-blue drops of water out into the open air. This place was massive. Briar’s younger sister had been loading him up on small tips and other extra information on the show since the day she had heard he'd applied. Briar personally hadn’t ever finished a season, as reality shows weren’t exactly his go-to show to watch, but he knew of the show. Again, mostly because of his sister. Despite her babbling, and even the countless pictures he had googled, seeing it in person was something else. It really was an amazing view; although it was daytime, the lights from within the building were radiationally lit, and Briar could only imagine the attention it attracted at night.

Well, if it weren’t for the several forms of security on their way in. The driveway had been so long that Briar wasn’t able to get a good glimpse of the house until now, when he was standing outside his uber. This was something Briar wouldn’t have even considered a year ago. Last year, he was still skating. Still competing, and winning over hearts, and having the time of his life. Perhaps part of why Briar had decided to go for this show was because of the crowd it lured in; it would surely remind him of when he was actively competing. Meeting new people was an exciting thing for Briar; he liked getting a feel for who he was to share a room with. His sister called it “sizing people up.” He called it “getting comfortable with his surroundings.”

By now, the workers (or were they volunteers) were travelling about like ants to their colony. Within seconds, there were two people in front of the siblings, busily buzzing around them to collect their bags. An ushered “thanks” was swept up in the moment, and Briar wasn’t even quite sure it was heard. He found himself glancing around for cameramen, but he was unable to spot any. He supposed, in all fairness, they wouldn’t start filming until everyone was settled in. With that in mind, he bid his goodbyes and thank-yous to his driver and started up the many stairs, silently thanking himself for remaining in shape after he had ended his skating days. Briar wasn’t the type of person to stop and admire architectural designs on a day-to-day basis, but even he was impressed by the looks of the building before him. He imagined the inside would be just as pleasing to the eye.

On the note of that, someone had caught his eye, drifting by in a steady strut as he had taken a pause to look around. She had honey-coloured skin and hair as dark as a raven’s feather. From afar, Briar could tell she was attractive, but her attire was what had first drawn his attention. She wore a dress that looked to be navy blue, with a cut-out in the front and open shoulders. It was skin-tight, form-fitting, and pleasantly took him by surprise. Hopping into a comfortable stride, he fell in step with her. “I didn't realize we were attending a cocktail party,” he voiced, hazel eyes sliding down to check out the dress the stranger had on yet again. It was pretty, fitting her nicely, and he supposed that if they didn't have any official dress code for this day, then she could wear whatever she felt comfortable wearing. Still, she stood out against the rest of the people he had caught sight of so far. And not necessarily in a bad way, either. He was quick to speed up in an attempt to get the door for her; pretty face or not, Briar had enough manners to get the door for others. “I’m Briar,” he continued, allowing his gaze to flicker back to her; eye contact was predominant to those who meant it. “And you are..?”
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

M [001]

Postby senna_ » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:55 am

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀
──────────────────── . 22 . she/her . loc; outside house (front entrance) . mentions; --> . tags; brenna────────────────────

Morgan could barely sit still, as the Uber driver took another left-hand turn. For Morgan, it felt like they had been driving in circles, given how long the ride took, but she knew that was likely a bit of an exaggeration. The rows of trees with a bleary view of the mountains were beautifully eye-catching, and she stared at them as if she'd never laid eyes on a tree before. Perhaps that was just because she was in a different province; she’d only visited Canada once, when her family took a trip to the famous Niagara Falls. This was exciting! She’d mentally written down a list of questions regarding those she’d be staying with – were they all Canadian? All from British Columbia? Probably not, as she wasn't. A more general statement: what were they like? Morgan enjoyed getting engulfed in all the juicy drama that took place through the television screen in the previous season, and now, she was going to be one of those people. She had prayed it wouldn’t turn into a series of the Housewives of Whomever, though. She didn’t need someone dramatically pointing a finger in her face and yelling unfamiliar, slurred words because she misplaced a towel – something that belonged to her.

The thoughts separated from her head like crows scattering from prey, as the Uber driver pulled to a stop. She barely managed to say her thanks, as she was simply that eager to get out and going. She desperately needed to stretch her legs, too; it had been a while since Morgan had been in a car for that long. She couldn’t help but visibly gap at the sight in front of her; it was incredible. The Casella family lived comfortably, that went without question, but this? This was something else. “Are we sure this isn’t, like, where the prime minister lives?” she mumbled to herself in a hushed tone. “Or the Kardashians?” The house always looked gigantic on television, but this was beyond anything she’d ever seen before. And she’d seen some gorgeous buildings when she spent her last four years in Europe. Clasping her hands together with a small, breathy sigh, Morgan rotated herself back around towards the house. It’s now or never. And with that, she started up the steps. The stairs were certainly helping with that.

She couldn’t help but admire the extraordinary fountain on her way up. Dye her hair red and she could be Ariel, with a water fountain that size. It was extremely impressive, although she did have to admit, the overwhelming smell of chlorine did make it a little less attractive. There was also an undeniable sting in her legs by the time she reached the main level of the house, and, out of breath, she let the palms of her hands rest against her knees. You really need to start working out again. How could she, though, when there were many other things that seemed far more appealing? Maybe this show would help give her a small push.

When Morgan felt ready to get up and move again, she made sure her steps were a bit slower, although not exactly lazy-like. She noticed there were few people here, although perhaps that was merely because the house was so big. She paused, letting her forest-green eyes settle on a nearby figure. From afar, the stranger looked goddess-like, with the way her elegant white dress was flowing out against her tall frame. She had a thin body, but the way she was put together almost reminded Morgan of a runner. Perhaps she was; in the previous seasons she had watched, she knew people came from all sorts of different occupations. If Morgan wasn’t so eager to put herself out there, she may have found herself to be a bit embarrassed, as a girl with a degree and no befitting job, but that didn’t cross her mind more than a heartbeat. “Cute boots!” she called out, taking this as her chance to introduce herself to the pretty girl. “They remind me of moccasins, but like… don’t? At that same time? Anyway, your style’s super cute.” At that moment, Morgan recalled that she had only introduced herself in her head, not out loud. Her eyes widened slightly, and she placed a hand on the girl’s upper arm in an apologetic fashion. “Sorry, love, I didn’t even introduce myself! I’m Morgan. Morgan Casella, but I don’t think that’s important. It’s super nice to meet someone else here. You’re a contestant, right?”
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Love Letters [RP Play!]

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:06 am

Kassandra DeMarks | 23 | Tagging: Briar

Kass had dressed in one of her more simple dresses. Fashionable, yet surprisingly easy to move in, for how tight the fabric was. She’d wanted to make a decent impression on day one, and part of that meant looking her finest. Well, for casual wear, anyway. She turned around at the sound of a teasing voice behind her though. A young man, brown hair, and dressed casually, but well. Somehow, that was always the first thing Kass noticed about someone, trying to discern what they may be like, what their overall style was, by looking at their outfit. Such was what came with her career. Then he’d rushed ahead of her, to the door of the large house that stood before them. She’d seen the show before, watched the first two seasons, but it seemed even bigger, perhaps even intimidating close up.

"Briar," Kass echoed the name thoughtfully, and let her gaze drift, meeting his, studying his eyes. A simple name, and yet refined at the same time, and he had good manners too, a pleasant surprise. She slipped past him and into the massive house, shooting the young man a thankful smile. "Thank you. I’m Kassandra DeMarks, just call me Kass, everyone does." This was a pleasant start, having been approached by a well-mannered young man, unafraid to walk up and start conversation. That was something she could certainly appreciate.

Looking around the mansion, Kass wasn’t at all surprised by how fancy it was, but it still left her in awe. Tiled flooring, fancy furniture, elaborate paintings hanging from light blue walls. A crystal chandelier to light the main room of floor one. Furniture was done in perfectly placed arrangements, pleasing to the eye, certainly, and a staircase with a golden railing led up to the second floor, where, if she remembered correctly, they would have their rooms for the duration of their stay. Windows were framed by curtains of fine white lace, clearly meant more for visuals than to actually keep sunlight out in the mornings, but that was alright.

"Quite a fancy place, hmmm? Once we’ve taken our belongings to our rooms, would you like to explore with me?" She asked, turning her gaze once more on Briar. She didn’t have much to bring with her, this place would provide well for them as it was, but she’d simply hadto bring the bag with the designs she’d been working on recently, as well as some favourite clothes, as she had her own style, and many of her clothes were tailored to suit her size and style specifically. She would explore this place either way, become familiar with their new surroundings, but it would be much more fun to do it with someone else than on her own!
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:25 am

Brenna Reese Williams/female/21 years old/Tags: Morgan/Location: Outside of house/Pansexual
Brenna looked around in the car as she was being driven to the house. The inside of the car was pretty nice for a cab. The car had black interior seats that had a few faded spots out from usage of the car. The seatbelts were black with a few threads of string visibly coming out of it’s seam. The driver had a black jacket on and black jeans that had rips at the knees. He had a backwards faded black cap and white shoes that had much mud and crap all over them. He looked to be in his middle 30's if not late 30’s. He had a clean shaven face. He had sunglasses on to keep the sun out of his eyes. The sun glared on the black driver’s wheel. Brenna looked over to her brother. He seemed distant as he looked out of the window. Brenna sighed and looked out her own window. As they drove, the young woman saw her own reflection in the window. Her soft brown hair was wavy and pretty long going down mid back. She had little highlights of light brown that she recently got put in her hair. She had leaf green eyes that had speckles of gold/aber like colored speckles to them. She was so pretty in the sunlight, but she didn’t think she was at all pretty. Nonetheless, they would be there soon and she honestly was very excited to enter these games.

Brenna saw the mansion as they approached in the cab. Her jaw dropped and she grabbed her brother’s shirt sleeve. She said with awe, “This is really where we are going to stay Devin. Oh my goodness it’s beautiful.” As they approached the house, she noticed her surroundings. Two pool-like structures surrounded a few stairs that had lights underneath. Unfortunately it was sunny out so she couldn’t quite see them. Ah maybe tonight, maybe tonight. She then saw two gazebos with their curtains draped over and lanterns hanging from the outside to illuminate where they were for someone wanting to lounge at night. The winding stairs had vines and ivy surrounding the bricks and starting underneath the railing with two lanterns at the base of the start of the railing. Multiple stairs were also surrounded on the other side by a massive pool that dropped like a waterfall. Then came the house. It had multiple windows and she could just catch a glimpse of lights from inside. At night it would probably illuminate the mansion and make it more prettier than it already was. By the first flight of stairs there were flowers surrounding the base of the stairs on one side with bushes in that same area as well.

The driver came to a screeching halt. She thanked him and got out of the car and grabbed her luggage from the back. She saw her brother as he grabbed both their luggage’s walk over to the front of the car and handed the man money for his services. Brenna eagerly walked up the first few steps. Then came the first flight of stairs. She took it nice and slowly, capturing all the beauty of the place she would call home for the next year. The pool as she approached it had lights underneath and had chairs all around for the contestants to sit in by the pool. She smiled happily as it reminded her of good memories in her home’s pool. She turned her head to get a closer look at the gazebo close to her. It seemed like white cushions were in there, but she wasn’t too sure. Whatever it was, it was so fancy. This whole place was so fancy. Brenna smiled wider as she looked up to the second flight of stairs. People were already mingling up there and she wanted to go up, but waited for her brother who slowly climbed the stairs, his face in awe. She grew impatient and walked up the second flight of stairs. A light breeze tickled her cheeks as her wavy hair was blown back just a tad. She felt like a princess ascending to her royal castle. Her simple white dress blew ever so slightly in the breeze and she smiled embracing the breeze.

When she heard a voice call to her, she turned to face the owner of the voice. She smiled warmly at them and said as they complimented her boots. She had forgotten that she had put on these boots. She smiled and said, “Aww thank you. I love your style too. It looks very cute on you!” The dress was a pale lilac with little flowers as a decoration on it. It was true, the young woman looked very cute in it. She smiled and said, “Hello Morgan, I’m Brenna Williams! There is no need to apologize to me. Yes I am a contestant here and I assume you're going to be one as well?” As she looked into the girl’s eyes she said with a wide smile, “You have green eyes too! I’ve never really met someone with green eyes like me. They are very beautiful, Morgan.” Brenna could already tell she would like Morgan. There was something about her that made Brenna get a good vibe off of her.
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:16 pm

Jessikka Roberts- f- 22 y- pan; Kass and Briar maybe, definitely Luciano eventually- dad x mom: 4 siblings- Shepadoodle service dog Mayu- volunteers at animal rescue- allergies: cats, Penicillin, Amoxicillin, Bactrim, eggs- skills: animal attraction, kids like her, singing, art, writing, swimming, running (but has problem with chest)- Tags: Luciano

The sweet and sensible but shy and anxious one hummed quietly as she walked along. Her beautiful dog was by her side as always. Mayu kept watchful eyes on her, searching for any signs. There were no signs of a panic attack yet, thankfully. The pretty and average height slender lady smiled at the dog. She patted the black dog, with some tan and white marks, a couple times. She'd been told the dog was only Shepherd and Poodle. She didn't know where the white toes came from. The almost pale female, with freckled arms and legs, never questioned it. There was no reason to. All she needed to know was this was her dog. Trained to stop or at least curb the irritating panic that always seemed to rise out of nowhere. Shaking her head, she glanced around. The curly haired ginger's brown eyes landed on the guy as he called to her.

She headed closer, and watched as he then held out a hand to her. She took it, shaking it a bit and nodding at him. "I'm...my name is Jessikka Roberts, but you can just call me Jessikka. If we become friends, you could call me Jess."

Sage Ether Reems- m- 20y- homo; possibly Devin- dad x mom: twin sister, younger sister and brother- law and medical majors- allergies: peanut butter, bee stings- special skills: swimming, running, animal attraction, tree climbing- cat Maggi at home- Tags: Devin

The kind and caring but sometimes stubborn and hard headed one hummed. He already saw a couple pairs of people talking. The pretty boy, shorter and slender for one, glanced around. The tan skinned one found his eyes landing on another boy. He studied the boy a moment, then shook his head. The golden brown or light brown flecked green eyes turned away. However, the boy with the shoulder length brown hair headed over. "H...Hello, my name is Sage Reems, and you are?" he asked.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:26 pm

𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒂
24 ~ she/her ~ location: home --> mansion ~ mentions: ~ tags: Kaz

Nova had not slept very well the previous night due to jitters, but she was lucky to find that when she woke up the next morning, she did not feel as though she had been run over. Her packed and ready roller bag sat by her bedroom door just in case she had to make any last-minute changes which knowing her, probably would be the case. Nova turned her alarm off and quite literally rolled out of bed, taking her time to make the bed and clean her room up before she headed to her ensuite with her articulately chosen outfit. Her needed toiletries and makeup bag sat ready to use and easy to pack because Nova knew herself and knew that she would not be in the best mood if she had to repack everything. With a heavy sigh, the young women began bustling about in the bathroom, waking herself up with a shower. She emerged from the bathroom feeling like a new person and to this she headed towards her bag with a slight bounce in her step. One everything was packed away, final touches made, Nova made her way making rounds to make sure her house was fully locked up before she got in her car, destination her favorite place on earth. Starbucks. She ordered an iced latte with vanilla, something that she would have thought she hated until her friend mistakenly got her hooked on it. Although the drink made her cold, she really could not care because the caffeine was much needed. Nova made it back home just in time for her Uber driver to arrive and with one last longing look at her house, Nova loaded herself into the car.

Nova’s leg subconsciously bounced with the oncoming nerves of the apprehension of the days event to come. The brunette women had no idea was to expect and so she tried to distract herself with a few games of Candy Crush until her car finally made its way to their destination after weaving in and out of traffic. She had quick last minute cold feet about having her hair out, wandering if anyone here would judge the red hair underneath but she quickly told herself that it looked nice and had nothing to worry about. For now, this would keep her calm until she knew was to expect.

Nova walked through the front doors, slightly wary of what to expect. Her head turned in the direction of someone addressing. “Yeah but it’s all nerves. You?”.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:45 pm

Luciano DeLuca | 26 | Tagging: Jess

Luciano warily eyed the dog. As long as he didn’t get TOO close, he should be okay. If dog hair touched him or got all over their living space though, he would quickly find himself having problems. However, for now, he forced a tiny smile and tried his best to distract himself, even though he felt a bit off so close already. "Jessika. Lovely name for a lovely woman." He nodded towards the massive mansion. "Shall we?"

Luciano had done his best to avoid those with dogs, but service dogs were a whole other story. They were there for a reason, but with his allergies being moderate at the best of times, he couldn’t help but steer clear. Here, he wouldn’t have a choice, so…he may as well at least TRY to come to terms with it. "By the way, your dog isn’t inclined towards jumping or initiating uninvited contact, are they? Apologies, I’m quite allergic," he admitted.

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Nova, mentions other contestants

Kaz slid his hands into his pockets and grinned. "Nah. What’s to be nervous about? We're here to all live together for a year, get to know some folks, hopefully fall in love somewhere along the way. And look around us!" He gestured towards the other folks gradually drifting in. All looking like models or attractive actors and actresses. "Everyone is so pretty! Girls dressed up nice, and men dressed fine, everyone picture-perfect. Damn, I thought I was decent, having second thoughts now that I see all these people." He raised an eyebrow, gaze sliding over to Nova again. "You definitely belong among the cast of pretty people though."

He was all too aware of the cameras on them as soon as they approached the house, if it could be called that with how grand and luxurious it was. Tiled floor, painted walls with portraits and paintings hanging on it, furniture in perfect arrangements. The chandelier sparkled, which was what caught Kaz's eye first. He had always lived in a tiny little place, more to save money than anything, he barely did anything at home, spending most time out with friends or at work. So a place like this was well beyond something he could really imagine. He’d applied, but he’d never expected to actually be chosen.

"So, two things. One, have you watched the show before, or is this a first time for you? Two, do you want some help with your bags? Stairs look kinda intimidating." Kaz cleared his throat. "N-Not that I think you can’t manage or anything, I know that’s not true. Just…I’m sorry. Please accept my awkward attempts at a first impression on the game. It’s different out in the real world and on a game like this. Okay, maybe you’re right and is intimidating." I’m gonna shut up now.
Last edited by sunhorsestar on Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

B [002]

Postby senna_ » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:47 pm

𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐌Ä𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐍
────────────── . 25 . he/him . loc; front entrance (inside house) . mentions; luciano, kaz, jessika, nova, tag . tags; kassandra──────────────

Briar didn’t rethink his introductory statement too much when Kassandra revealed her full name. He didn’t feel the need to inform her of his surname at this very moment; not only did he figure it would come out once the cameramen were ready to start recording, but very few people referred to him as “Mäkinen,” and not “Briar.” On the thought of cameras, Briar allowed his hazel eyes to skim the area around him once more while he waited for Kass to drift past. He had been on television before, although he'd never been at a level where he had cameras shoved in his face the second he left his vehicle. No, that was celebrity level, and Briar was nowhere near a celebrity. He was once well-known, very much so, but now, those seemed like ancient days. Oddly enough, peering at Kassandra brought back a quick wave of memories. Or perhaps it was looking at the people nearby in general. It wasn’t uncommon to see both women and men dress up for higher-level competitions, and the dress in particular brought that back. On the subject of the dress, Briar yet again found himself rather impressed by her confidence while wearing it. There hadn’t been any notes sent out for a suitable dress code, oddly enough, but she was the only one that was dressed up. Double points for her if this was considered casual attire.

“Lovely to meet you, Kass,” he responded, emphasizing on her name as if to assure her he didn’t miss what was said. “You’re very pretty.” Hot is probably the term he would’ve gone with, but considering how there was a chance that for whatever reason they were already filming, Briar decided against it. He waited until her delicate frame was pulled through the doorframe, then he followed, hands settling casually in the comforts of his pants pockets. A hushed mumble sounded from behind him, and when he glanced, he caught sight of a man dressed in neutral colours, camera in hand. Ah. There they are.

She didn’t have to say it twice. This place was massive. It came across as surprising for Briar, and yet, at the same time, not. The spiral staircase and gigantic, shimmery chandelier caught his attention the most; the chandelier in particular appeared to shine a different way from every individual angle. “For whatever reason, this seems like a place that would be right up your ally,” he continued, feeling the need to keep his voice down. In all fairness, the house certainly seemed like it would carry an impressive echo. He’d be even more impressed if that didn’t at all turn out to be the case.

It wasn’t until she mentioned their things that Briar realized she had bags piled nearby. He wasn’t too sure how he’d managed to miss it in the first place, but he supposed he had been more focused on the physical appearance of both the mansion and Kassandra herself to notice smaller objects, such as her bags. “Let me get those for you,” he offered, stepping forward to grab one before she could protest. Not only did he offer because he genuinely believed they’d be a lot easier to carry for him than for her, but he wasn’t going to leave her to struggle for herself. “I’d be absolutely honoured to explore with you, Kass DeMarks,” he added, shooting her a boyish grin. “Lead the way, I’m right behind you.”

While he collected her things and waited for her to start up in a new direction, Briar nosily let his eyes wander. Once again, curiously enough, he found himself eyeing the outfits of those around him. There was someone wearing a button-up shirt (was that the same shirt his dad wore to his friend’s funeral?); a guy who looked like he just stepped out of a cowboy magazine, minus the hat; a girl with alarmingly bright yet oddly captivating ginger hair; and an attractive girl with bold red streaks in her hair and a coffee in her hand that made it seem like she meant business. Briar raised a brow. He hadn’t been overly sure he’d make any progress in an event like this, but he couldn’t deny it... These people were very good-looking.

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm

Kassandra DeMarks | 23 | Tagging: Briar

Kass glanced over her shoulder at Briar, noting how his gaze roved over their surroundings before coming back to her, like he was studying the world around him. She could appreciate that. There was nothing quite like taking a moment to admire the world around oneself, whether that world consisted of cameras and a big house, or a quiet, tiny town on the countryside. Sometimes, it did someone good to stop and smell the roses. Quite literally in this case, if the garden in the yard she had spotted earlier was anything to go by.

Pretty was a decent word to describe Kass, at least in her opinion. She may otherwise come off as simply being able to meld into the background, but she put effort into her looks, be it for a television show or just her casual wear. There was nothing wrong with wishing to look presentable. "Well thank you, Briar. You’re quite attractive yourself," she commented, shooting the young man a smile. "A place that would be right up my alley, hmm? Well…it’s true I don’t exactly live in the slums, but this is a bit grand for…well, anyone, really."

Overwhelming, perhaps, but she was sure they would get used to it. At the very least, SHE could get used to living in a place as big and beautiful as this, and so many areas to explore. Would she ever get the chance to become familiar with all of it? Upon mention of her bags, Kass would’ve insisted she could manage, but the stairs looked a bit intimidating to haul her bags up, and before she could say a word, Briar had taken the bags, and it only reinforced her earlier judgement on his being a proper gentleman, so she shot him another smile, warm. Who was she to refuse the help of a lovely young gentleman?

"Thank you, awful kind of you." Perhaps things were a bit formal for now, but that wasn’t uncommon with Kass upon first meeting someone, she’d ease once she got the chance to explore and become a little more comfortable with her surroundings. "Upstairs to take care of the bags first. If I remember right, second floor is where we're rooming." She headed towards the carpeted stairs. Even something as simple as STAIRS had to be made fancy. "They really spare no expensive for this game." Her gaze shifted back to her companion. "Are you sure you don’t want me to take the bags? I wouldn’t ask you to do my work for me if it were to be a burden on you."
Last edited by sunhorsestar on Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me