The Houses (RPG sign-ups, open and accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

The Houses (RPG sign-ups, open and accepting!)

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 am

There's a group of kids, between ages of 12-18. They've always lived in a mansion, if that word does it justice, called the Palace, for as long as they can remember. 7 stories tall, with every activity or room one could imagine provided for them. This ranges from a gym to a robotics lab, so as said, really anything they could ever think of, and to add to that, they are and always have been well taken care of by staff who (sometimes unfortunately) don’t speak to them unless it’s to make an announcement- which is usually in the rare case that something is wrong- and life is good, always has been, and all seems to be going well, when suddenly, there is an announcement, and that announcement says that they’re to be separated into one of three houses, sun, stars or moon. They’re each given a pendant of a different shape, and later, it is discovered these pendants have powers. The people who have split them up are called the Jade Guild (why? because it sounds cool, that's why.), and they’re an organization that wants to test the young ones, see who’s capable of what, and those who last will be moved to a place safe, what they call the Blessed Isle, hidden away and safe from the threat posed to the country: a surprise war from two neighbouring countries, which has nearly wiped out the entire country, and these youth are the supposed future of their country, should they make it out, as they know the war has already been lost with their lack of resources and troops, and to make matters worse than they were already, news comes that supplies have been almost totally cut off and more and more people are being lost every day. the youth are blissfully unaware of this war until they are sorted out. nobody wanted to alarm them.

The Guild puts challenges to them, mostly to root out those who are strong and separate them from those who are weak, based on their behaviour.

Four months after arriving and settling in, the house of stars begins to experience nighttime haunting that seem to get closer and closer every day, and yet nobody can figure out what it is and where they come from, and these hauntings appear in the form of noises, flashes of light or what seems like fleeting images and eventually, into nightmares, and these can be spread through touch, so one can see what another is also seeing, it appears. However, it can only to be transferred to another member or someone who is willing. Elsewhere, the house of the moon is overtaken by an unknown magic which corrupts the minds of those who dare to set foot in the main room, channeling untrue thoughts into their minds. It is then that the house of sun is put under attack by those in moon in their corruption and out of jealousy and anger, much to the horror of everyone involved, and the while, the Guild loses contact and can’t keep an eye on them anymore, thus being unable to save them.

They discover their powers and realize that someone from each house has a pendant of the same colour as theirs, so now they must brave their challenges and face their fears to find them, merge the pendants together to solve a problem and activate a stronger power. Once all of the charms have been matched though, it appears that only two houses will have been able to be saved, if any at all, but the power there is enough to save only two, then they find out the missing piece. however, there's that missing piece, and that is the one person that is left out, without a match, and so the question then becomes will they choose to save the remaining house, or leave it for the sake of their own escape? If they choose to save the remaining house and those in it, they’ll have to sacrifice themselves. If they choose to save themselves, the house has next to no chance of survival. (Final person with the single pendant [key] will be chosen at random and secretly in case they decide to go off on their own, take the second path)

Powers:

Sun: Telepathy with partner (single) + telepathy powers with up to 5 others (pair)

Moon: Can breathe in any conditions, including underwater (single) + ability to move easily underwater (pair)

Star: Self regeneration of external wounds (single) + regeneration of any external wounds at a faster pace on themselves or others (pair)

Leaf: read another's surface thoughts (single) + read deeper thoughts (pair)

Bear: Super speed (single) + temporary enhanced strength (pair)

Rose: move light objects with the mind (single) + can move heavier objects (pair)

Key: Protection against mind-control and the Leaf charm (single, only one person with this pendant), has a mix of bear, star and moon powers (for their single use only)

Spiral: influence the minds of others, like a suggestive mind-control (single) + complete mind-control for brief periods of time (pair) (unless said person has the pendant of the Key and refuses it, or is actively fighting it right at the beginning)

r u l e s

be nice to other players

bring big plot twists to me first

no killing another person's character without their permission

no "perfect" or OP characters

stick to the boundaries of the powers

relationships of all kinds except sexual (as per forum rules) are encouraged. If sexual behaviour is desired, please do a fade-in, fade-out scene.

your character may leave their House to visit another

Character limit is 3 per person. This may change depending on how much interest the RP gets.

if you’re going to be away for more than a week, please give at least a day of forewarning.

as a warning, you may or may not get the House you want, depending on how many are in each one of them, but it’s all taken into consideration. Same goes for the Pendants.

if you've read these rules, put a :thumbup: in "other"

Palace rules:

express yourself freely.
nobody is to play king or queen.
do not touch the security cameras.
under NO circumstance attempt to leave, there are alarms on every window and door, and armed guards who will come and stop you.

r a n k s

House leader (1 per House)

House deputy (1 per House, chosen by leader)

House members (7 ideally)

Guild leader (1)

Guild deputy (1, first come, first serve)

Guild members (unlimited, they do work like mechanics, doctors, note-takers etc)

f o r m: *means it’s optional

Name:

Personality:

*History:

*Crush:

*Requested House:

*Requested Pendant:

Appearance:

*Desired Rank:

Other:
Born female, identify as Genderfluid, any pronouns.
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Current Main Fandom: One Piece
Other Notable Fandoms: Attack on Titan, The Maze Runner, Soul Eater

Link on my profile is to a new Warrior cats RP site I started because I can.

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Houses (RPG sign-ups, open and accepting!)

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:37 am

Name: Sam Taylor

Personality: He appears a bit immature, and not always in a good way. He’s playing the role of leader and proud of it, sometimes overly so. He’s boastful and playful, but knows how to be serious when a situation calls for it, after being pushed around a bit, though he will always find that a bit hard and visibly struggles with it. He's a bit overprotective and certainly emotionally driven, for better AND for worse. He's a generally loving individual and cares deeply for his friends. He’s NOT always one for the rules though. He’s very prone to fear of all kinds, and has little in the way of coping techniques, though he’s working on it. He would rather settle things peacefully, but if it comes to a fight, he wouldn’t surrender right off the bat.

History: His parents divorced when he was 6 and his sister was 4, after his older sister was killed by his father in a drunken rage, and his surviving sister went to live with her father when he fought for custody of her, despite some events that had happened, through lies and trickery. Sam stayed with his mother and started working in woodworking, which he found he enjoyed. He has some PTSD from his father's abuse, which was almost all targeted at him, his little sister being the perfect angel in everyone's eyes. His included, he just wouldn’t admit it if someone asked.

Crush: No other characters yet.../Open

Requested House: House of Sun

Requested Pendant: Sun (telepathy)

Other: Looking forward to this!
Attachments
77D37983-8F17-405E-AD5B-BDCF4F12EDF4.jpeg
77D37983-8F17-405E-AD5B-BDCF4F12EDF4.jpeg (133.49 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Chorus director and founder, black belt in Taekwondo, writer, actor, playwright, enjoys horseback riding, RPing, playing Howrse, animating, big projects, singing, reading, any kind of storytelling.

Autistic, mood disorder, pansexual, and proud! Feel free to talk to me about anything!

Note for any RPs I'm in: I love building up relationships, so feel free to approach them, but I DO NOT do arranged relationships in general. (May make a few exceptions, depending on circumstances)

Update: Considering quitting, not immediately, but overtime, things have just gotten to be a bit much, so we'll see what happens.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 am

Name: Karter Thomas Zael

Personality: Karter is hotheaded, having a noticable temper, but also very loyal to the few he calls friends. He doesn’t always come off as the most approachable and isn’t really the social guy, he can be very serious, taking his job seriously, knowing what has to be done and when. He’s protective of the people and things he does love and recently has TRIED to flirt every now and then, though usually (if not always) fails at this, given his lack of charisma and communication skills. He has plenty of stamina and navigation is his forte, not so much for emotional control. He is not very physically strong, but he’s smart and fast too. He’s very secretive and keeps whatever secrets he needs to well-hidden. He is...easily swayed by his emotions, most noticeably his anger or frustration, and gives into it more often than not. He won’t back down from a fight and often is the one to throw the first punch. (IDK. Karter is too complicated for words. You’ll see.)

History: In his childhood, Karter was actually a really gentle and kind boy, he had a soft heart until his mother died giving birth to his youngest sister. Before that, he had a dog, a best friend, a brother, and four sisters he loved very much. His father was abusive and Karter had to harden himself, make himself look tough to keep himself and his sisters safe. Eventually, it stopped being an act and after social services took him and his sisters away from his father's home, he kept that attitude and out of lingering anger and pain, it stuck. He never heard from his younger sister, but despite the fact Addilyn (his oldest sister) heard she had died, Karter never believed it. He's the only person to come to the Palace at 6 years old, having escaped from his situation late. He’s never told anyone about his past, for fear of judgement.

Crush: Haha. Very funny.

Requested House: Moon

Requested Pendant: Rose or Key

Desired Rank: Leader (hah! Uhhhh...no. Please.)

Other: :thumbup:
Attachments
239961B8-5FB4-42E8-843F-EE35E368B13F.jpeg
239961B8-5FB4-42E8-843F-EE35E368B13F.jpeg (85.12 KiB) Viewed 300 times

sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 am

Name: Christopher "Chris" Jordan

Personality: Chris isn’t one for a fight, preferring to settle things through words. He does what he can to help people, but has some serious social anxieties at times, in the form of being unable to be the one to approach most people, and in that he stresses easily in the middle of a conversation. He isn’t TOO emotionally driven on a regular basis, but will every so often show excitement or anger. He tends to be cheerful and, though it comes off as strange or has been a source of teasing from some of the others Palace residents, Chris LOVES fashion and design. He'll gladly work on creating a new outfit for anyone who asks or looks like they need one, and he draws up his own designs. Somehow, he gets the most upset when someone doesn’t care about how they look, or if they refuse his help. He can be very insistent. He doesn’t keep his passion for this a secret either. He doesn’t like secrets. Chris is an honest person to the core, and respects those who are honest above all.

Chris is a very active person. Swimming, climbing, dancing, anything that keeps him moving, though it must be said he’s a bit clumsy as well. He’s very passionate about whatever he does, and is generally a friendly kid. He’s not a good fast-thinker though, and is likely to panic in intense situations.

Crush:

Desired Rank: Not a rank that's needed.

Other: He's...interesting. It may seem it at first, but I PROMISE he’s not JUST a fashion freak. :thumbup:
Attachments
CEB40203-FA71-4745-9D9A-BB511E2AC71C.jpeg
CEB40203-FA71-4745-9D9A-BB511E2AC71C.jpeg (44.31 KiB) Viewed 300 times

sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:04 am

Niiice! Accepted, and hi Misty!

sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmawesome » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 am

Yes, I know its the guy from teen wolf. Bear with me people
Name: Sam

Personality: Sweet and kind, loves to make trouble and fool around.

*History: WIP

*Crush: None

*Requested House: Moon

*Requested Pendant: Bear

Appearance: Tall, Brown hair, one blue eye, one brown eye

*Desired Rank: House Leader

Other: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
OOC: HALLO PEOPLESSSS
𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢

Currently sobbing over the song of Achilles
palmawesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 am

Oh dear...we have two Sams XD

sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmawesome » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:27 am

OOH I'll Change his name to JACOB
YES JACOB! WHOP WHOP!!!!
𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢

Currently sobbing over the song of Achilles
palmawesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:27 am

Accepted~!

sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FrijDom » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:00 am

Name: Max Wendon

Personality: A generally calm guy that keeps to himself, though he can get very excited in the right circumstances. Likes games of skill, rather than of chance, even though he usually sucks at them. Tends to be fairly introverted, and talks to himself more than other people, which makes him look crazy, but he swears he's not.

*Crush: None/TBD? (PM me if you wanna talk about it)

*Requested House: Star

*Requested Pendant: Bear

Appearance: As picture. Wears a black hoodie, ripped jeans, and a shirt that's a slightly different black from his hoodie, just enough to completely ruin the contrast of the outfit.

*Desired Rank: He's fine where he is.

Other: :thumbup: Also, he's better at aiming when he's distracted.
FrijDom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me