Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Open and Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Open and Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:23 pm

Plot

Foxmoore Equestrian Centre, located to the east of England, is a large riding school that primarily has riders board their horses at the facility, with the option for riders to take lessons, should they wish to do so. While it isn't a grand, high-end place, it is well-liked by the riders, and costs are reasonable. There is, however, something of an intense rivalry between the riders that board their horses at Foxmoore. Split into two groups, the English Riders and the Western Riders, that had started as a minor debate a couple of years ago turned into a heated argument over which style of riding is considered the better of the two. While it is not detrimental to the equestrian centre, things have become rather tense and competitive.

However, things are about to change for everyone. Foxmoore, whether the riders have already noticed this or not, has started to have financial troubles. They don't want to push up prices and costs, but they've started losing money - and quite quickly. Eventually, the owners get all of the riders together for a meeting. They tell them that unless they are able to raise another £50,000 by the end of the month, then they'll have to shut down and sell off the Equestrian Centre and land - they already have a couple of prospective, eager buyers that are set to buy the land and develop on it, so they do not have any more time after that. They also recommend that the riders should start looking for a new place to move their horses to, because they doubt they'll be able to raise the money on time, and with that, they leave the riders.
Perhaps it is finally time for the two groups to band together and try to help save Foxmoore..? And with an upcoming five-day competition that spans a huge variety of events - all with decent cash prizes - maybe, just maybe, they can pull this off.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Grounds

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:29 pm

Layout
As you walk onto the main yard after going through the entrance gate, there is a small office directly to your right, and then you almost immediately arrive at the stables, which all surround an outdoor lunging paddock. There's also a large barn, which has more stables for horses. Walking around the back of the smallest stable building will take you to a sheltered area that has four large, open stalls for people to groom and tack their horses up, so that they don't have to do it in the horse's stable. This area also has two doors, one of which leads to the tack room, and the other one to the feed room. Walking through the brick building (which is more of a tunnel), and down the path, you come across the main riding arena, which is usually split into three sections (two without any equipment, and one section with a series of different jumps set up). There is also an indoor arena. Off to one side of the arena is a small cabin, and some chairs, for relaxation, and to get something to eat/drink, if desired. Additionally, there's a trail ride that goes through a forest, and next to a river, and there is also a cross country course nearby, which has - among other obstacles - log jumps, a water jump, and a hedge jump. There's also several large paddocks, for horses to be turned out into, with usually two or three horses that get along together in each one.

Foxmoore Rules (These cannot be broken)
- Suitable riding helmets must be worn at all times when riding and lunging, or helping in the indoor or outdoor arenas - no exceptions.
- You must keep your stable and surrounding areas clean at all times.
- Lock the tack room after leaving it.
- Ensure your horses are given their morning feed by 8am, and evening feed between 7-8pm. No riding after 7pm or before 10am.
- No running, shouting or any other sudden noises/movements anywhere on the yard or around the horses.
- While whips are allowed, spurs and excessive whipping are forbidden.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:38 pm

You are allowed to have up to two human characters, and they can have one horse each. They can only be aligned to one type of riding, to fit with the plot of the roleplay.
There's unlimited places, though try to balance out each side.
Post all characters in the discussion thread.

English Riders
- Rueben Brooker | 23 | Starsky | Consulting_Angel
- Winona Fairweather | 20 | Phoenix | TheSirBanana
- Brylee Webster | 22 | Atticus | buckskin.
- Gemma Sparrow | 21 | Val | EventingMyAppy
- Andromeda Cohen | 24 | Gold | FireAlone
- Morgan Prescott | 23 | Jazz | PerfectPolish
- Tala Johnson | 21 | Goose | PerfectPolish
- Lydia Martin | 22 | Pandora | eventer
- Kajsa Fraser | 20 | Galaxy | Skyet
- Name | Age | Horse | User

Western Riders
- Ashton Wyatt | 21 | Sundance | Consulting_Angel
- Lowell Alexander | 22 | Ace | Jen_
- Azran Richards | 25 | Stella | buckskin.
- Isaiah Gardener | 22 | Pearl | Firealone
- Mikayla Jennings | 24 | Shiloh | eventer
- Ezrah Holton | 23 | Nova | Consulting_Angel
- Name | Age | Horse | User

Horses
- Starsky | Brightest Constellation | 7 | Mare | Stall 5 | English | Rueben Brooker
- Sundance | Daylight Dancer | 6 | Gelding | Stall 12 | Western | Ashton Wyatt
- Phoenix | Angel of Fire | 7 | Gelding | Stall 3 | English | Winona Fairweather
- Ace | The Ace of Spades | 6 | Gelding | Stall 10 | Western | Lowell Alexander
- Atticus | Ammunition Z | 10 | Gelding | Stall 2 | English | Brylee
- Stella | Doc Smokin Constellation | 7 | Mare | Stall 11 | Western | Azran Richards
- Val | SFS Valedictorian | 14 | Mare | Stall 1 | English | Gemma Sparrow
- Gold | Midas's Golden Touch | 8 | Mare | Stall 4 | English | Andromeda Cohen
- Pearl | Poseidon's Treasure | 13 | Mare | Stall 9 | Western | Isaiah Gardener
- Jazz | Backstreet Jazzman | 7 | Stallion | Stall 8 | English | Morgan Prescott
- Goose | Gooseberry's By Summer | 10 | John | Stall 7 | English | Tala Johnson
- Pandiora | Opening Pandora's Box | 9 | Mare | Stall 6 | English | Lydia Martin
- Shiloh | One Night Stand | 8 | Stallion | Stall 13 | Western | Mikayla Jennings
- Nova | Dazzling Supernova | 9 | Mare | Stall 14 | Western | Ezrah Holton
- Galaxy | Rionnag Oidhche | 9 | Mare | Stall 15 | English | Kajsa Fraser
- Stable Name | Show Name | Age | Gender | Stall | Style | Owner
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Each horse can have one or two disciplines, which depend on the style of riding that they're trained in. Note what disciplines others are using as well, to try and balance things out a bit, so not everyone is choosing the same few.
Also keep in mind a horse's age if you describe their level. A four year old will not be a schoolmaster, or even really on an intermediate level, especially as it's highly unlikely they would have competed yet. For this roleplay, no horses younger than four will be allowed either, and no mares having a foal.

- English
    - Dressage
    - Cross Country
    - Show Jumping
    - Gymkhana
    - Eventing
- Western
    - Reining
    - Barrel Racing
    - Trail (essentially an obstacle course, such as opening and closing a gate, backing through poles, crossing a bridge, etc).

If you have suggestions for other disciplines that I may have missed, then let me know!
I will not include hunting or flat racing.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:57 pm

You may use the forms below, or use your own - as long as everything asked for below is included. Remove anything in brackets.

Human
Code: Select all
[img] [/img][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality: [/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences):

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Horse:[/b]
[b]Riding Style[/b]:
[b]Riding Discipline (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Other: [/b][/size]

Horse
Code: Select all
[img] [/img]
[b]Stable Name:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Breed: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b] (just a few lines)
[b]Riding Style/Discipline:[/b]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Other: [/b]

Rules
No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply (it should go without saying, but there's always someone...)
- I reserve the right to not allow someone to join (whether it's because I don't think they'll be committed, or something else).
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining. If you are inactive for more than a week, and you don't respond to my PM, then your character(s) will be removed.
- Roleplay post lengths must be 5-6 sentences, at the least, for each character. No one- or two-liners.
- Please use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, so that other roleplayers can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Please have diversity with your characters. This includes ethnicity, gender, sexuality, body type, etc. etc.
- Characters must be 20 or older.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:47 am

Any announcements/updates for the roleplay will go here!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Open and Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:05 pm

The roleplay will now start!

It's about 9am, on a mild Friday morning. It's due to get a little warmer, but is still fairly cloudy at the moment.
The owners of Foxmoore Equestrian Centre have called for a meeting to take place at 9:30am in the office, for all the riders to attend.

Rueben Brooker
23|Male|Bisexual
Starsky|English
Tagged: Open.
Rueben hummed to himself, under his breath, as he groomed Starsky carefully, in her stall. Since he wasn't planning on taking her out for a ride or any exercise just yet - it was too early for that anyway - he figured it would be okay to just groom her while in her stall. He trusted that she wasn't going to get randomly spooked by anything, but he did make sure he had a fairly clear path to the stall door, just in case. Horses could be unpredictable, after all.
As he circled a rubber curry comb on Starsky's shoulder, making sure the dust and dirt was brought up and brushing it away with a body brush, Rueben wondered what the meeting that would take place soon would be about. It seemed rather serious when he'd been told about it... he hoped it wouldn't be anything awful. Or perhaps it was about something to do with any upcoming competitions. Not that he was sure he'd be taking part, unless there were any in-hand events, though he doubted it.

As he moved to swap his current brushes with a hoofpick, Rueben noticed that one of the other riders had just stopped by the stall. Assuming that they were watching him, Rueben frowned a little. "What?" he asked, coldly.

Ashton Wyatt
21|Male|Bisexual
Sundance|Western
Ashton returned to the main yard area, after having turned Sundance out to his pasture, to let him stretch his legs for a while and get some energy out. He liked to keep Sundance outside, bringing him in only when the weather was bad and every evening. He'd made sure that the water trough in the field was full as well, though he'd be sure to go back and check on it later on in the day.
He'd then spent a while mucking out Sundance's stall, occasionally glancing around the area to warmly greet any of the other riders that might happen to pass by. Though he did have a more tentative, colder, reaction to the English-style riders - as per the expected response, considering there was a fairly intense rivalry between the two groups.

After this, Ashton took down the empty haynet in Sundance's stall, and walked over to the haybarn. He started filling the haynet up, so that it would be ready and waiting for Sundance later on. He liked to get all of this sort of thing out of the way early on in the day. Especially as he'd heard there was to be a meeting shortly, so he hoped to be finished before then.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rex. » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:09 pm

Lowell Alexander
20|Male|Homoflexible
Ace|Western
Lowell let out a yawn, still a little drowsy from just waking up. He had already fed Ace at around 8-ish and brushed his coat a little while later. His arms were tired from the effort of brushing every inch of the large horse's coat.
The blond boy knew that there was to be a meeting at 9:30 so he decided that he had time to take Ace out to the pastures. After leading his horse into the pasture, he climbed on the fence and sat on the top. He kicked his dangling legs as he watched his horse trot around the pasture. Lowell noticed another horse that seemed familiar though he couldn't quite place his finger on it. The small boy started to get up to try and pet the horse but stopped himself when he realized how rude it was to pet someone's horse without permission.
rex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

brylee (one) | azran (one)

Postby buckskin. » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Brylee E Webster. "Bry" & "Eddie" . 22 pan female . single . tags open (mentions; rueben). feed room

Soaked crumbs on Maxi-Soy dropped onto the concrete, arising an exhausted sigh from the over-tired young women who scooped the mush up off the flooring and dumped it back in the bucket. Atticus had always been a picky eater since the day she got him. God forbid you forget to add his tablespoon of molasses; this often boasted a turn up of the nose and the gelding refusing to eat. He was a serial offender when it came to not eating his breakfast, especially if someone else had to do it for him. "No more, no less." the thought came out as a whisper as Brylee poured the spoon of Copra into the bucket alongside the other carefully measured supplements incorporated in the show jumpers diet.

Scrunching up her nose, Brylee rolled up her sleeves and stuck her arms into the mixture of premium lucerne chaff, supplements and Maxi Soy and mixed them carefully. The feed was rotated within its self before a splash of warm water was added, and once again mixed in. Again, Atticus was picky with his food. Brylee stood up, attempted the wipe the feed off her arms before giving up and grabbing the bucket firmly by its handles. Out of habit, she looked both ways before stepping out of the feed room, making sre she wasn't going to walk into someone. It surprised her, as far as she was aware there was only one other person currently in the barn. Some morning it was packed out, but it was ones like these that she enjoyed. As she approached the stall, Atticus stuck his head over and gate, offered a nicker and proceeded to push on the stall gate. "Young man, cut that out or you wont get your breakfast." she scowled, using one hand to push him back before even thinking about unlatching the gate to what would soon become the dragons keep.

Azran H Richards. "Az" & "Ren". 25 clos. bi male . single . tags open (mentions; Lowell) . pasture

Azran swung the turquoise rope halter as he walked, allowing the rock he had been previously kicking along to find its final resting place as he continued to short journey. His mare adored her turn out time, but was a complete princess when it came to any slight indication of cold weather. If there was even a hint of a frost, the mare would be shivering 'til the cows came home and might as well have demanded to have her rug on. So overnight he had turned her out with a light summer rug on, just to keep her that little bit warmer despite it not being a particularly cold night - in his opinion anyway. Some might say that Stella was spoilt, but Azran deemed her a horse who needed a little more special attention.

On approach to his mare's pasture, Azran noticed another individual resting on the fence. He hadn't made much effort to really get to know the other boarders on a personal level, which was unusual for his personality, but he was relatively new here and had been very busy getting himself set up with a job and somewhere to live. He tried to remember the young mans name, he wanted to say hello and be the generally friendly person he was but he didn't want to do the whole please tell me your name again 'cause i've forgotten routine. Deciding on attempting to remember his name while he caught his mare, Azran let himself into the pasture. Stella was, well, an attention seeker when it came to the boys in her life and needed to be kept purely with mares. She had a habit of causing trouble, even with geldings. After shutting the gate behind him, Azran called out to his darling girl, "Stella! Come on, I need to feed you." - the mare pretty much ignore his calls and only made the effort to lift her precious head.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rex. » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:19 am

Lowell Alexander
20|Male|Homoflexible
Ace|Western
Tagged: Azran.
Out of the corner of his eye, Lowell saw another man enter the pasture with his horse. The blond stayed silent for a moment since he didn't quite know what to say. He didn't want it to get awkward so he spoke in his soft voice, "Good morning." His eyes stayed on the ground though he made it clear that he was in fact talking to the taller man. He seemed familiar to Lowell but not enough to remember his name. He knew that he was a Western rider, at least, so that was something.
Ace continue to prance around the pasture, his white name and tail rustling in the gentle breeze. The gelding came over to his scrawny owner and allowed his neck to be pat gently.
Last edited by rex. on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me