Summer Beach (Remake) (One Spot Left!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Summer Beach (Remake) (Closed!)

Postby AssassinPerson » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Richard Scarlett | 25 | Male | Panromantic | Tags: Jessica

See, Silver wasn’t quite fond of other people touching her. While she accepting sniffing the hand of this girl, the moment they touched her she very quickly stepped away.
Richard blinks. He raises an eyebrow, staring at Jessica for several seconds, before finally his frown deepens. That was such a rude response to what he had said, the nerve of some people! It most definitely ruined his mood. “Well excuse me for not knowing the differences between a regular dog and a service dog, missy. Do you really expect me to know everything about an animal I have never interacted with before?” Silver meows quietly and weaves around his feet, knowing he likely wouldn’t calm down from this mood. “You shouldn’t be getting all huffy at me for something I didn’t know, lady! And you didn’t even respond to anything else I said! You are incredibly rude, and if this is what you are like when somebody doesn’t know one thing then I dread having to stay here with you for what will likely be several months” he would not allow her the chance to respond after that. Picking up Silver, who just looked a little bit sad, Richard strides out the living room and up the stairs. He doesn’t even bother to look at Jessica on his way out. If she wanted to act like this towards him, somebody she didn’t even know, he would simply just make her time here unbearable. And boy did he already know so many ways that he could do it. She would regret making an enemy out of the one loner of this group, most certainly, and if an apology never came then he would make sure that they never see her return next year.

As he reached the hallway for the rooms, he barely gave Mel and Morgan a glance as he passed by and let himself into the room he had chosen. The ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign was left on the door, most certainly what he needed there right now, he really didn’t want to yell at somebody who hadn’t been involved. Instead, he would just set himself up on the bed, gently letting Silver down to do as she wished before grabbing his bag and searching it for things. A notebook, a pen, good. Time to write. It wasn’t really a diary, as much as it looked like it, the writing was more a way for Richard to get out his feelings safely so he could plan what to do with a level mind. The people who somewhat knew him would at least understand if they saw him acting bitter towards somebody, he held grudges like they were nobody’s business, he would drive people away for anything he thought was wronging him. Being annoyed at him for such a small reason was most certainly wronging him. Jessica would have been let off if she cared to realise he didn’t know this and taught him nicely.
AssassinPerson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Yeah, um...service dogs have special harnesses/vests, sorry if you didn't know that))

Jessica R- 25- f- Newcomer- pan or demi- has to bond first- rat at home- Service dog Sora- beach house- Tags: Open

The fiery red hair of the girl was pulled back, showing off her fair skinned face and pretty lips. Brown eyes focused on Melati, and she nodded to her. she then watched her lead another girl off to see the house. She then continued out of the house, not bothering to answer him. If he was so blind he couldn't see the harness (/vest) she wasn't going to talk to him. It literally said Service dog on it. Which also meant people couldn't touch him when he had it on. That meant he was working, and needed to focus. She rolled her eyes and walked out the door, thinking What else did you say? I already said my name, everyone heard it!
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnappySnoo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:26 pm

𝒥𝑜𝒽𝓃 "𝒥𝒶𝒸𝓀" 𝑅𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓇

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Walking to the beach ᴡɪᴛʜ Alaina ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ No one at the moment

Jack was shocked by Alainas' carefree nature. Simply jumping into the water without a thought in the world. As more of a cautious man, he never thought about simply jumping into the water. Yet, she seemed so happy doing so. She didn't care if there were rocks or anything sharp on the bottom; she just wanted to be in the water. With a little hesitation, he sat next to her in the sand, making sure that his rump sat on the more dry sand than the wet. His feet, though, still made it to the water. He noticed her searching for shells and started doing the same himself. Jack changed his hand into a cone shape and dug into the sand, feeling around for any sand crabs or shells. To his dismay, he found little to nothing. Ditching that technique, he grabbed a handful of sand and allowed the water to sift through it with the waves while he listened. So she was a wedding planner. How interesting. Intriguing that a hopeless romantic finding a wedding planner on a beach getaway.

When Alaina mentioned 'bridezillas', Jack couldn't help but chuckle. He had seen a few bridezillas in his day; one including his sister. God, that wedding was a disaster. It was surely funny, but clearly not what she had hoped for. Jack turned his head to look at her while she spoke about her job experience and her travels to the sea. Captivated by the conversation, he looked out to the horizon, imagining what she was describing. A getaway from work. This year was is first time getting away from work just to get away from it. Any other time, he had been here with family. Jack suddenly realized that this was his first vacation from work in about a year or so. Far too long.

"Oh, I used to come here with my family," he began, "We used to visit here often in a beach front property - family owned." Jack's memories of the house came flooding back. An old house for sure, but not outdated. It was a cottage style house that his aunt owned. "I was supposed to return to it again this year, but my cousin sold it the minute it became her possession." Such a sad situation. His aunt had died a few months ago. Obviously, the will had stated that the home would go to her daughter. Unbeknownst to his aunt, his cousin was more of a condo girl. In an attempt to change the conversation - or more to keep it lively, Jack addressed Alaina again,
    "So you're a wedding planner? What made you decide to go into that line of work?"
SnappySnoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Morgan Astra
26|Nonbinary|The Doctor
Tagged: Mel
"Ah, yes. Let's go!" Morgan agreed, and followed Mel upstairs - first briefly waving to the other two in the room before leaving, not that they expected them to see - glancing towards the rooms and places that were pointed out. They were pretty good at memorising layouts of buildings once they had a walkthrough with them - it most certainly helped, working in a vast hospital.
They raised an eyebrow as Mel explained the views that each of the two remaining rooms had. Both sounded rather pleasant... though the beach view seemed like the it might be the more psychologically suitable one for relaxing. Well, it made sense in their head.
"I'll take the beach view one, if that's alright. I'll take your word for the view!" Morgan decided, stepping towards the door Mel had a hand on the doorknob of.

"So, do you live here?" Morgan asked, curiously. Mel certainly seemed to know everything about the beach house. And, even if not, they figured it was a good conversation starter for the time being. At least, they hoped it was - they didn't get much of a social life outside of studying and working.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:35 pm

[Alright, nope, didn't mean to misgender Morgan...anyway, I'm going to stop ooc because there's an actual discussion thread for that]

Jessica R- 25- f- Newcomer- pan or demi- has to bond first- rat at home- Service dog Sora- beach house- Tags: Open

The fiery red hair of the girl was pulled back, showing off her fair skinned face and pretty lips. She then continued out of the house, not bothering to answer him. If he was so blind he couldn't see the harness (/vest) she wasn't going to talk to him. It literally said Service dog on it. Which also meant people couldn't touch him when he had it on. That meant he was working, and needed to focus. She rolled her eyes and walked out the door, thinking What else did you say? I already said my name, everyone heard it! Brown eyes looked about the place, and she sighed a bit then.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Summer Beach (Remake) (O&A)

Postby YupItReallyIsMe » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:07 am

Alaina Fellan | 24 | female | bisexual | Tags: Jack

Alaina looked at him as he explained why he wasn't visiting the beach in his normal location, gauging his reaction. If he was upset about it, she couldn't tell. He had a good pokerface for sure. "Ah. Well you see, I was always intrigued by the ideal, or even just the notion of love. I really, genuinely believed that I had a soulmate out there, just waiting for me to find them. And I figured in the meantime, I could help other people who'd already found theirs make their special day perfect." Alaina hesitated for a moment before continuing.

"Only, I think the wedding stuff scared me even more. With divorce rates so high and people really just giving up on love a whole lot more, I really thought my ideas on true love didn't exist. That it was all just a fantasy. And yeah, weddings can be beautiful and all that. But no matter how much money someone spends on one of those things, it's just one day, one moment of pure bliss, and then it's back to real life. So I stopped looking for love. And I threw myself into my job and people loved me for it."

Alaina stared off into the distance for a moment longer before clearing her throat. "It's not like that field offers a whole lot of time to meet singles." She laughed awkwardly, running her hand through her hair. A subject change was probably the best thing right about now. "What about you?"What do you do?" she changed positions so that she was laying on her stomach in the sand, letting the water rush up to meet her as her legs kicked slowly in the air behind her.
YupItReallyIsMe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnappySnoo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:24 am

𝒥𝑜𝒽𝓃 "𝒥𝒶𝒸𝓀" 𝑅𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓇

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Walking to the beach ᴡɪᴛʜ Alaina ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ No one at the moment

Her story began quite hopeful, which intrigued Jack. He listened closely, thinking about the people she may have worked with and the things she'd have to do for this occupation. Visualizing also help him connect with a conversation. Especially when he was meeting new people. While she spoke, his ming practically painted a picture of what she may have done over the course of years. And, of course to go along with her story, Alaina's face seemed to become less and less hopeful as she continued. As a romantic himself, that was quite troubling. John had always held onto hope that someone might come along. Sure, he had been to quite a few weddings himself, but he never realized that he was typically the only single person there. Now that he had realized that, he thought even better of this vacation. It was best to get away from the coupled world and simply be.

When Alaina switched positions and laid on her stomach, Jack adjusted to lean back on his elbows. He always enjoyed still being able to make eye contact during a conversation. "Well, it still must be a lovely job. You are making peoples dreams come true after all. That is a noble thing, and you should be proud of it. Your day would come." He assured her with a gentle smile. At that moment, it was obvious she wanted to change the subject, and he obliged.

"Im a professor of linguistics. I study languages and their separate parts that make up the whole. Right now I am a teacher for a community college, but I am working towards my PhD to move to a more prestigious university." Jack hadn't really explained much about his studies, usually trying to keep it the bare minimum as to not bore his audience. With that, he glanced back to her and smiled gently. "I'll admit, I feel a little odd taking a vacation from all of that when there is so much to do."
SnappySnoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carotid » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:49 pm

x
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      x 𝙼𝙴𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙸 𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚇𝙰𝙽𝙳𝙴𝚁
      xxxxxxxxxxxx the lifeguard 23 bisexual
      xxxxxxx LOCATION: at the house
      xxxxxxx TAGGED: morgan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

indentmel was pulled from her content conversation with morgan when richard stormed by, his little cat trotting behind him, the both of them making a beeline for his room. she thought she'd heard some raised conversation heading from downstairs, but she hadn't quite placed it. her brows furrowed in concern as the door closed rather heavily behind him. it was too early for conflict to be happening; it was usually inevitable towards later in the summer when she'd spent the season with other groups, but on day one? she reasoned she'd try to ask him about it later. the empathetic side of her was flaring up.
      indentwhen morgan made their choice on rooms, though, mel's attention was drawn back to them in full. "beach room it is!" she exclaimed, opening the door for them and standing just inside to welcome them in.
      indenta smile broke across mel's face when morgan spoke once more. "i do live here! about twenty minutes away," she answered, happy to discuss the town she loved most. "my family moved here a couple of years ago, but we've always lived on the ocean wherever we've been. it's just home to us." she paused, then continued, sheepishly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "i still live with my parents, so i guess it's just good to get away, even if i do live close. the grad student life is pretty expensive, and it's cheaper to do it remote, so here i am."
      indentmel said she wouldn't hover as morgan got settled, but she was interested in knowing more about them. "tell me about you," she said. "what do you do for a living?"
carotid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Summer Beach (Remake) (O&A)

Postby YupItReallyIsMe » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:12 am

[quote="YupItReallyIsMe"]
Alaina Fellan | 24 | female | bisexual | Tags: Jack

Alaina rolled on her side, resting her head on her elbow so she could look at him while he spoke. "Oh that's neat. What languages do you know?" She asked, curious as to how many he could speak. She herself knew French, Spanish, and Greek.

"To be fair, there's always a lot to in my line of work. And if it isn't perfect, you can always expect a scolding from the bride. Or her mother." She shook her head, chuckling just a little bit as she recalled a few separate times when mothers who were paying for the wedding had gotten more than just a little involved in the process. "In all honesty, I think I need vacations like this whenever I can get them. It's...a nice break, to say the least. It'll be nice when I can finally settle down and just be in one place." she nodded to herself a bit, reaching into the sand to pull out a mostly buried sand dollar.

She held the treasure out to Jack with a genuine smile. "A uh...dollar for your thoughts?" She asked, gesturing for him to take the thing. Alaina was glad she'd been able to come out here with him, do a little swimming, and just genuinely talk to someone about something other than center pieces and bridesmaids dresses.
YupItReallyIsMe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:57 pm

Morgan Astra
26|Nonbinary|The Doctor
Tagged: Mel
They couldn't help but turn as well as they heard Richard storming upstairs, his cat following closely. Morgan raised a concerned eyebrow. So they had heard what had likely been a brief argument or outburst just moments earlier. They couldn't help but be curious as to what sparked this sort of reaction... especially as it was the first day. Hopefully it wouldn't end up souring the entire trip, Morgan felt that they'd hate to have bad tension in the air. In any case, it would clearly be unwise to pester Richard any time soon, and they needed to unpack anyway.

Morgan turned towards Mel again, then followed her into the room, with a 'thank you'. Observing the room, Morgan was pleasantly surprised. It was certainly nicer than the photos had seemed online.
Setting their suitcase at the foot of the bed, Morgan caught a look outside the window, astonished by the view. It was most certainly completely different to anything they were used to. Then, they turned towards Mel again to listen to her answers to their questions.
"Oh wow. I couldn't imagine living by the ocean all the time... I've only lived in cities." Morgan commented. It must be quite pleasant as well, they thought. Then, they laughed softly. "That sounds perfectly reasonable to me." they said, though they couldn't quite relate - which would soon become clear when they answered Mel. "I'm currently on a residency at a hospital for anesthesiology. I've got about two more years of it. This is probably my first break from studying in a very long time." Morgan replied, attempting to hide how proud they were with their chosen profession and how far they'd come.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me