Virus Problems

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Virus Problems

Postby loofely » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 pm

Ok so recently I have been having these horrible viruses attack my computer and I couldn't figure out why. In about September I had a pretty bad Trojan virus and I didn't know where it came from, but I got it removed and everything was fine for a while. Then at the beginning of December, I got another virus, the Win 7 Antivirus and other versions of it. I got it removed, but it kept coming back over and over again. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from or why it kept coming back, but I really didn't think it was coming from this website, so I kept logging on everyday. But then I went to my grandparents house for the holidays and was using their computer. This was literaly the first and only website that I went on and I was the only one to go on the computer all day. I was playing and left the page sitting for a little bit, and all of the sudden that same exact Win 7 Antivirus came up. I know my grandparents don't use their computer very much and have never had a virus before, so my only explanation could be that it came from something on the website. I removed it from theirs and everything, but anytime I go on this website on any computer that same virus keeps coming back and I am afraid it is going to do some serious damage to my computer. It mainly happens if I leave the CS webpage up but idle for a little while, and then the virus takes over. I have looked it up and I know that all of the CS staff has said that CS doesn't give viruses, but I don't know where else it would be coming from. I have been playing CS for over almost 3 years and have never had trouble before, and I really don't want to have to quit over this because I really do love this site! So I was wondering if somebody could help me get to the bottom of it or maybe their is like an ad or something causing the problem? Anyways, thanks for the time to read it, even if I am wrong about it!
loofely

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Virus Problems

Postby Jezi » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:39 pm

As you probably saw from your searches, the virus is most likely coming from something other than CS itself that is displayed on CS (such as an ad).
If you don't already have some, I would recommend that you install an anti-virus program. Micrsoft security essentials works well and is free, you can download it here
Jezi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loofely » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 pm

I actually do have Microsoft Security Essentials, and it always lets the virus through for some reason and can't get it off. I have used some other ones that worked like Malware Bytes but my free trial expired for now. And the virus keeps getting through besides, it takes quite a bit of effort to get the antivirus software to run since the virus is pretty strong and hard to get around to even open the program.
loofely

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bamshee » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:32 pm

I didn't know if I was the only one having this issue.
I use avast antivirus [free], and a few times I have gotten avast popping up telling me it blocked a virus when CS was the only thing I had up.

I haven't been able to pinpoint an ad yet that might have triggered it, unfortunately. :c
Hopefully it will leave soon.
bamshee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me