Virus: WIN7 security scan

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Virus: WIN7 security scan

Postby lil_halloth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

i have on numerous occasions while on this site had some auto scanner, titled win7 security scan, i believe that is what it was called, start and show it was scanning. It has not been on any specific page or time or anything its been very random. I fortunatly have not had it put anything onto my computer however my close friend who introduced me to this site (lisaspony) has now had the exact same thing happen to her that happened to me on this site except unfortunatly for her it put nasty viruses on her computer and she has had to pay to get them removed because it completly disables her whole computer. Im not sure if this has happened to any one elce, but my friend and i would greatly appreciate if this was looked in to on the cause of this. In talking to her neither her nor i have clicked on any adds banners or outside links that are on this site nor have we had any other sites open at the same time as this one, so that can be ruled out. I wanted to make this public in case anyone elce has had this problem. Thank you for your time and sincerly hope this is looked into.
I have not been on for awhile due to no net and no computer, I am debating on returning mostly because of risk my computer was at... wether it was from this site or some random stupid thing, I dont know but I do know I am not the only person with this issue and am suspicious when the exact same virus pop up comes when visiting the exact same site. If I do opt to not return, I will be gift bombing a few select members with the pets I have, due to their kindness and understanding when I was on regularly. Hope everyone is well and take care.......
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

lil_halloth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Virus: WIN7 security scan

Postby dddddonuts » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Sometimes, someone's siggy could have a virus that does not require you to click the link. It is usually unknown.
they/he ✼ trade thread
dddddonuts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil_halloth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 am

It happened both times to my friend when she was viewing her pets and once to me when i was viewing my pet and once when i was viewing the archive and another time, but i cant remember what page i was on.
I have not been on for awhile due to no net and no computer, I am debating on returning mostly because of risk my computer was at... wether it was from this site or some random stupid thing, I dont know but I do know I am not the only person with this issue and am suspicious when the exact same virus pop up comes when visiting the exact same site. If I do opt to not return, I will be gift bombing a few select members with the pets I have, due to their kindness and understanding when I was on regularly. Hope everyone is well and take care.......
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

lil_halloth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby van » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:11 am

I don't know if we got the same thing, but I've been getting viruses, too.
You can turn on the computer, but my account won't work anymore, only my parents since they have obviously never been on CS. CS is really the only site I used that computer for, but it could have been from something else.
Now I can only use my iPod since it ant get viruses, but it's quite hard to use.
van

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me