Just a suggestion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Just a suggestion

Postby rahleigh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Well, recently my sister was sent a trade, and sent it back. Eventually the trade was put on the trade rant thread, and my sister was quite hurt by this. She is only ten, and doesn't understand how this was an unfair trade...

So, what I am suggesting is that you might be able to put up a thread for 11 and under users, so they are happier trading and they don't get hurt easily when the messages are rough, or harsh.

Thanks, infernal devices.
trade with me!!! I don't care about items so if you see one you like you can have it!! I've been around since 2009 so I have some nice oldies that I'm willing to trade : ))))
rahleigh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Just a suggestion

Postby kurloz is back bby » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:09 pm

If you are under the age of thirteen you cannot make posts; you are COPPA'd.

Every forum, apart from the Adults Chat 18+, is for young members.
All ends are tied. Please delete this account. :)

If any of my friends, fanclub members, or Knights are reading this:
I love you every single one of you, and I will never forget you.
kurloz is back bby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm

And what would this accomplish? It would not help her understand how to be a better trader nor will it stop others from using the rant thread. As stated, she wouldn't be able to post in any case.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:11 pm

ѕυρєя❤кιттι wrote:
If you are under the age of thirteen you cannot make posts; you are COPPA'd.

Every forum, apart from the Adults Chat 18+, is for young members.

This only applies to the USA.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klaora » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Edit: *In the US~
CS is not legally allowed to allow people under the age of thirteen onto the forums without the consent of the parent. I feel such a thread would be wasted, since they would be allowed to have access to the normal trade threads.
If your sister is not COPPA'd, then your parents gave her permission to view the threads. (Or she lied about her age.)

Either way, if you're going to be on the forums, one must have the maturity of at least a thirteen year old. While it may have hurt her feelings, a bad trade offer annoys people, ESPECIALLY if it goes against a person's rules.
It's the internet. People get annoyed, people say mean things, people lash out. That's why there's COPPA, to protect kiddies from bad things.
If your parents signed the form, they understood the "risks" of allowing her to view the forums. ^^;

If it's harassment, then you're better off contacting the mods. If not, ho-hum, people are rude.
Klaora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm

The trade rant thread is designed so that the traders are anonymous. There is no harassment involved unless her username is called out -or- the ranter chewed her out through a cancel message/PM.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klaora » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 pm

That's pretty much what I meant. It probably isn't harassment by this information alone, but there's always a chance it may be if someone's feelings are hurt.

If it isn't, I personally don't see a problem as to what happened. If you're on the internet, you need thick skin.
Klaora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Sunshine:. » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:51 pm

If your sister wants to continue using this forum, she has to know this:

Although the site might attempt to be all "butterflies and daisies and happy frolicking bunnies", some people are not like that. Some people are rude and spiteful and annoy you to high heaven, and that's just it. This happens everywhere. People at work, at school, in class, at home, with friends... anywhere. Not just here. However, if your sister does feel she is being harrased or abused, she should PM a mod. They can handle these things, and are trained to do so. But just getting a nasty trade neglection isn't cause for rants, she should calm down and enjoy the fact that we can trade. We all get nasty trade rejections at some point.

-----------------------------------------

ImageImage ImageImageImage

"Never look down down on someone unless you're helping them up."

WARRIOR CATS ROLEPLAY! JOIN TODAY!
.:Sunshine:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:50 am

Klaora wrote:Edit: *In the US~
CS is not legally allowed to allow people under the age of thirteen onto the forums without the consent of the parent. I feel such a thread would be wasted, since they would be allowed to have access to the normal trade threads.
If your sister is not COPPA'd, then your parents gave her permission to view the threads. (Or she lied about her age.)

Either way, if you're going to be on the forums, one must have the maturity of at least a thirteen year old. While it may have hurt her feelings, a bad trade offer annoys people, ESPECIALLY if it goes against a person's rules.
It's the internet. People get annoyed, people say mean things, people lash out. That's why there's COPPA, to protect kiddies from bad things.
If your parents signed the form, they understood the "risks" of allowing her to view the forums. ^^;

If it's harassment, then you're better off contacting the mods. If not, ho-hum, people are rude.

About the COPPA, they can still view the forums. They just can't post anywhere except Oekaki.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me