What is a Paperclip Challenge?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What is a Paperclip Challenge?

Postby Eevee Potter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:34 am

I've seen a bunch of things about this, and I've been searching for over a day and I can't find one single piece of info about it, can someone help me please?
Eevee Potter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is a Paperclip Challenge?

Postby Sa⸸an » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:39 am

Its apparentky a pass along challenge. You pick out low rarity pets then trades up in value with another user.
So like a VC cat for a common dog. Then someone takes that common dogs and trades up in value with another user. Maybe for like an uncommon lion? And then so on and so forth.

Idea is to snowball a chain of trades with one side providing a pet or pets higher in value till one person wides up with like an OMG so from 2008 or something. Most people find it annoying or may not be aware of it.

Does that make sense?
I'm quit Chickensmoothie, I have given my pets away to a friend. Thanks for the memories everyone!
Sa⸸an

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee Potter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:45 am

Oh, Okay, Thank you
Eevee Potter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

This thread has some good tips for Paperclip trades I know there's a message people pass around explaining it, I'll try to find it.

The most common way to do it without people getting annoyed is to follow the "Three Month Rule" which is commonly viewed as a fair trade. You start with, for example, a January 2021 Common, which in theory is the same value as a 2020 Common from October. That October 2020 Common is then worth up to a July 2020 Common. Eventually you'll trade very slowly up to the pet you set as your goal
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me